Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

So basically, exsidian armor is really good against stabby/shreddy weapons and average against everything else?

Shreddy, yes. Stabby, depends on the skill and fighting style of the person wielding the stabby object, as well as the stabby object in question (knife user could bind the pollaxe with their free hand, vlose in, and stab at very close range; sword or estoc user would thrust at medium range or half-sword).

So basically, exsidian armor is really good against stabby/shreddy weapons and average against everything else?

Shreddy, yes. Stabby, depends on the skill and fighting style of the person wielding the stabby object, as well as the stabby object in question (knife user could bind the pollaxe with their free hand, vlose in, and stab at very close range; sword or estoc user would thrust at medium range or half-sword).

Profile is approved, then!

This is already three pages back, so I thought I'd repost it for staff convenience.

Wall o' text incoming; fixed Hound profile (asked Voltex about this, who said: "Feel free to edit the profile and then re-post it for approval in the topic.", so~), seeing as how I reached the apex of idiocy in my interpretation of how a Kakama worked. This was a bit of a rush job with only minor self-review, but I wanted to get it straightened out before the next round starts, so if I embarrass myself further, my apologies.

-The Erstwhile Hunter-

Name: Hound

Species: Denuian (See below)

Power 1&2: Denuian Physiology: Members of the Denuian species possess an energy-to-power system similar to Toa, but with several major differences. The first and foremost is that the energy converts not into an elemental or environment-affecting ability, but into a personal, visceral power. When activating their energy, Denuians received an onslaught of (the Bionicle equivalent of) hormones and neurotransmitters similar to those humans would receive due to activation of the flight-or-fight responses, albeit in larger quantities and powered by a mystical energy system. Until their energy is depleted (if used continually and at maximum power, a fully energized Denuian would last as long as a Kanohi user of equivalent skill and training), Denuians gain extreme boosts to their naturally impressive physical abilities; this vastly increases their efficiency in combat, allowing them to act and react faster and far more adroitly than others, at the severe cost of having none of the impressive and efficacious environment-manipulation powers of their MU equivalents (or indeed any ranged options at all). While boosted, the Denuian's speed and reflexes are boosted to such a degree that the world seems to slow, enabling dodges and manoeuvres that normally are restricted to Calix users, as well as bequeathing greatly improved speed (nowhere near the insanity of a Kakama, of course; once again Calix usage is the closest comparison). The energy boost affects all of their body, however; a powered Denuian moves not only faster but with far more force, due to a strength boost that matches that of a Pakari. While a Denuian has a distinct advantage against melee combatants, they have to expend a great deal of caution, strategy, and defensive manoeuvres to survive against ranged/elementalist opponents. The energy regenerates overtime if unused, similar to a Toa's elemental energy. Unlike Toa, they cannot utilize their energy in Nova Blast-style bursts for extreme power, or absorb/incorporate anything to recover energy more quickly. Denuians often have a third power, the species equivalent of a Kanohi (described below). TL:DR: Denuians use their energy system to vastly improve their physical abilities, instead of creating or manipulating their natural environment. The boosts are roughly similar to using a Calix and Pakari simultaneously, making them very dangerous melee opponents at the high cost of lacking the possibilities (ranged, melee, defensive, or offensive; I don't think I need to state the possible usefulness of Elemental Powers) of their MU counterparts. (Example usage: In combat against an element-using Toa, a Denuian would try to use their reflexes and speed to avoid elemental attacks to cross the distance between them and their opponent)

Power 3: Hound possesses the passive power of vastly increased sensory perception, equal to a Great Kanohi, and is exceedingly resistant to loud sounds, bright lights, etcetera, due to having even the smallest stimuli be extremely painful for years and years (leading to resistance-through-repeated-exposure).

Appearance: Easily over two bio in height, and proportionately wide, Hound towers over most other combatants. His physique is lean and powerful, a vaguely lupine predatory sense distilled in the vehement, angular features and animalistic movements. In contrast to most beings in the contest, Hound's body is not composed of mechanical and/or organic constructs; it is a mixture of the two, blending the line between organism and machine. His heart, for example, could be viewed as either a mechanical heart carefully and perfectly crafted in imitation of the real organ, or a heart composed of some uncanny, unnatural muscle. The tissue/material composing his form possesses features common to both inorganic and organic material (its durability is no greater than a Zyglak, Toa, Skakdi, or any other equivalent species), echoing the rest of his construction. Since he uses no weapons, his hands are wrapped in thick leather and adorned with brass-knuckles-esque metal pieces, attached to the Shuko covering the bottom of his hands.

Bio: Hound hails from an alternate Matoran universe, where the Great Beings cared not for unity or powers affecting environment, instead focusing on their creations as individuals and bestowing powers and physical structure based on unaccompanied operation. The Denuian species was designed to act as a strange equivalent of both Toa and Glatorian, each one of them loosely attached to a tribe of the species equivalent to Matoran or Agori. They would alternate between protecting (and ruling) their tribe and battling the other tribes for land or resources, engaging in earth-shaking warfare without mercy or clemency. Hound was a dedicated survivor (a rarity among the Denuian species) who would engage in combat only when necessary, preferring to claim resources by discovering them before anyone else, and avoiding the larger, stronger tribes. His skill of a scout and tracker was improved by centuries of action, and his skill in combat was similarly improved in defending his tribe against attackers and the monstrous Rahi that populated his world.

Personality/Other: Quiet and tranquil, Hound is very used to the threat of death and pain, and has adapted to continual danger by becoming dispassionate and objective. He places great importance on objectively considering a situation and doing what is necessary for long-term survival, even if it is extremely painful or callous.

Edited by L'Etranger

pNNgXax.jpg

This is already three pages back, so I thought I'd repost it for staff convenience.

Wall o' text incoming; fixed Hound profile (asked Voltex about this, who said: "Feel free to edit the profile and then re-post it for approval in the topic.", so~), seeing as how I reached the apex of idiocy in my interpretation of how a Kakama worked. This was a bit of a rush job with only minor self-review, but I wanted to get it straightened out before the next round starts, so if I embarrass myself further, my apologies.

-The Erstwhile Hunter-

Name: Hound

Species: Denuian (See below)

Power 1&2: Denuian Physiology: Members of the Denuian species possess an energy-to-power system similar to Toa, but with several major differences. The first and foremost is that the energy converts not into an elemental or environment-affecting ability, but into a personal, visceral power. When activating their energy, Denuians received an onslaught of (the Bionicle equivalent of) hormones and neurotransmitters similar to those humans would receive due to activation of the flight-or-fight responses, albeit in larger quantities and powered by a mystical energy system. Until their energy is depleted (if used continually and at maximum power, a fully energized Denuian would last as long as a Kanohi user of equivalent skill and training), Denuians gain extreme boosts to their naturally impressive physical abilities; this vastly increases their efficiency in combat, allowing them to act and react faster and far more adroitly than others, at the severe cost of having none of the impressive and efficacious environment-manipulation powers of their MU equivalents (or indeed any ranged options at all). While boosted, the Denuian's speed and reflexes are boosted to such a degree that the world seems to slow, enabling dodges and manoeuvres that normally are restricted to Calix users, as well as bequeathing greatly improved speed (nowhere near the insanity of a Kakama, of course; once again Calix usage is the closest comparison). The energy boost affects all of their body, however; a powered Denuian moves not only faster but with far more force, due to a strength boost that matches that of a Pakari. While a Denuian has a distinct advantage against melee combatants, they have to expend a great deal of caution, strategy, and defensive manoeuvres to survive against ranged/elementalist opponents. The energy regenerates overtime if unused, similar to a Toa's elemental energy. Unlike Toa, they cannot utilize their energy in Nova Blast-style bursts for extreme power, or absorb/incorporate anything to recover energy more quickly. Denuians often have a third power, the species equivalent of a Kanohi (described below). TL:DR: Denuians use their energy system to vastly improve their physical abilities, instead of creating or manipulating their natural environment. The boosts are roughly similar to using a Calix and Pakari simultaneously, making them very dangerous melee opponents at the high cost of lacking the possibilities (ranged, melee, defensive, or offensive; I don't think I need to state the possible usefulness of Elemental Powers) of their MU counterparts. (Example usage: In combat against an element-using Toa, a Denuian would try to use their reflexes and speed to avoid elemental attacks to cross the distance between them and their opponent)

Power 3: Hound possesses the passive power of vastly increased sensory perception, equal to a Great Kanohi, and is exceedingly resistant to loud sounds, bright lights, etcetera, due to having even the smallest stimuli be extremely painful for years and years (leading to resistance-through-repeated-exposure).

Appearance: Easily over two bio in height, and proportionately wide, Hound towers over most other combatants. His physique is lean and powerful, a vaguely lupine predatory sense distilled in the vehement, angular features and animalistic movements. In contrast to most beings in the contest, Hound's body is not composed of mechanical and/or organic constructs; it is a mixture of the two, blending the line between organism and machine. His heart, for example, could be viewed as either a mechanical heart carefully and perfectly crafted in imitation of the real organ, or a heart composed of some uncanny, unnatural muscle. The tissue/material composing his form possesses features common to both inorganic and organic material (its durability is no greater than a Zyglak, Toa, Skakdi, or any other equivalent species), echoing the rest of his construction. Since he uses no weapons, his hands are wrapped in thick leather and adorned with brass-knuckles-esque metal pieces, attached to the Shuko covering the bottom of his hands.

Bio: Hound hails from an alternate Matoran universe, where the Great Beings cared not for unity or powers affecting environment, instead focusing on their creations as individuals and bestowing powers and physical structure based on unaccompanied operation. The Denuian species was designed to act as a strange equivalent of both Toa and Glatorian, each one of them loosely attached to a tribe of the species equivalent to Matoran or Agori. They would alternate between protecting (and ruling) their tribe and battling the other tribes for land or resources, engaging in earth-shaking warfare without mercy or clemency. Hound was a dedicated survivor (a rarity among the Denuian species) who would engage in combat only when necessary, preferring to claim resources by discovering them before anyone else, and avoiding the larger, stronger tribes. His skill of a scout and tracker was improved by centuries of action, and his skill in combat was similarly improved in defending his tribe against attackers and the monstrous Rahi that populated his world.

Personality/Other: Quiet and tranquil, Hound is very used to the threat of death and pain, and has adapted to continual danger by becoming dispassionate and objective. He places great importance on objectively considering a situation and doing what is necessary for long-term survival, even if it is extremely painful or callous.

Approved!

A good rule for armor is to treat it like a crab. Is the shell soft? Stab it. Is it hard?

KUPEOT017A.JPG

That's rather amusing, considering the Manas just now. =P

I'm kinda tempted to make a character that is a complete jobber, but somehow sustains his life count.

That's how I wanted to write Kopen if she could stop making people mad for five minutes.:P

(Even better: Dead characters still take up a slot, but you get a new slot every month)

But that would give people access to a theoretically huge amount of characters if they played safe and smart and didn't kill get 'em killed.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

and sad

because we didn't get any manas legs.

3:46 PM - Ehksidian: MANAS LEGS ARE A DELICACY!

But I cut the legs off.

will they show up in the cafeteria some time in the near future.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

(Even better: Dead characters still take up a slot, but you get a new slot every month)

But that would give people access to a theoretically huge amount of characters if they played safe and smart and didn't kill get 'em killed.

True

Maybe that, in addition to a hard cap

...So basically what we have now, except with a hard cap higher than the starting number of slots

What I'm saying here is, I want to make that monk I mentioned earlier, but I'm too attached to my current characters to kill them off anytime soon :P

*Snaps fingers*

I have no problem with this, because I want both my Pop Star toa of sonics and my minigun toting vortixx to be in this thing, but I don't wanna kill off either of my characters, either :P

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

I have no problem with this, because I want both my Pop Star toa of sonics and my minigun toting vortixx to be in this thing, but I don't wanna kill off either of my characters, either :P

I support this as long as your Vortixx is a Heavy expy

*Snaps fingers*

I support this as long as your Vortixx is a Heavy expy

*Snaps fingers*

Well, considering I was going to make one of their weapons an eternally refilling lunchbox, with the third being a set of brass knuckles, I think you'd be quite pleased.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

and sad

because we didn't get any manas legs.

3:46 PM - Ehksidian: MANAS LEGS ARE A DELICACY!

But I cut the legs off.

will they show up in the cafeteria some time in the near future.

Yes, yes they will. =)

yessssss

finally i can fulfill my dream of having my characters eat manas legs.

Treads.

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I take no responsibility for any one of Crusty's three deaths. Everything Dayeth did was in self defence - he attacked her first. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

This may be the ticket...

Name: Talos

Species: Artificially-Intelligent Humanoid Machination

Power/Weapon 1: Electricity/Magnetism Control (same force; can be used both offensively and defensively)

Power/Weapon 2: Gravity Control

Power/Weapon 3: Sensory Aptitude (unnatural perceptive abilities)

Appearance: Totally mechanical, almost three meters in height, solidly (but fairly leanly) built, silver and titanium metallic armor with dull grey undertones, trans-white eyes, expressionless mask.

Bio: Originated in the Mata-Nui robot; most probably constucted by one of the denizens there; only experience is in chess and logic (as well as some psychology).

Personality/Other: Masculine; excellent reasoning capabilities, but next to no emotional expression; child-like in mentality (except in anything conflict-related).

[if you're gonna be nit-picky about it, make P/W 1 Electricity Control and P/W 2 Magnetism Control. :/ ]

Cannot find approval or disapproval, so I'll re-post this, seeing as how this has worked for others.

All is.

He has four powers; he's not going to get approved.