BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

Kale Ironshaper- Gem Tunnel

IC: Kale could not shake the feeling that this was some sort of test. It was too easy to be anything else. Sure the pillars were fast enough that they would probably crush his body if he were caught between one and the wall, but they were hardly unavoidable. As such Kale was being careful.

Even so The Toa would have to admit that he was enjoying himself. There were no cameras here, he was not being forced to kill for the amusement of others. If he tried hard enough Kale could almost convince himself that this was just another hidden and trap infested temple on Mata Nui.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Miril - Hallways.

"Hm.... cute," I mused, resisting the urge to reach out and poke the chain, "that's all you can do?" 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

-==IC: Elly==-

Elly led Xara down the halls and stairs and otherwise throughout the facility, as they approached the lobby to the Engineering Sector, and deactivated the voice filter on her mask. "I think the crowds are dying down, and we might be able to get in maybe, if I talk to..." Elly trailed off, as she noticed who was behind the desk, and smirked. "Oh, this should be interesting."

-==GEM OF ???==-

No sooner than Kale thought that, did the tunnel suddenly close off, with no openings to either side.

IC: Oh come one. Is something reading my mind now?

Whatever the case sitting here in a sealed tunnel was not a good idea. He started going over the walls for any sort of weakness of markings that might help him escape.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Xara - Engineering Sector.

"I was meaning to come down here to hand in a mech application after I'd finished talking with you," I mused, "I guess I should get that out of the way while we're down here." I followed the Enforcer's gaze to the engineer sitting at the desk, "You know this guy, I take it?" 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: "Nay, I can do more, but the blackened magicks of this foul tournament prevent my element from full manifestation," he said, scowling as the chain went limp with a mournful cry. The lighting around him flicked with a sickly green as the spirit returned to the loam of the afterlife while he returned the chain to its place on his armor. "My full power is enough to make the world quake at my touch, but it is beyond my grasp as we speak! All I have is my lesser spirits and Ossa. 'Tis quite infuriating."

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Miril - Hallway.

"Oh, of course, I believe you," I said soothingly, "we all have our off days, it's perfectly understandable." 

IC: "Do not patronize me! I am a being of great power!" Dexund cried, the fury in his voice already starting to ring hollow. His eyes gleamed with a suddenly much more obvious affectation of madness, and his shoulders slumped, his entire posture drooping.

"Who am I kidding."

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Miril - Hallway.

I could already tell I was going to have a lot of fun here.... "Want a hug?" 

IC(fishers): fishers was starting to get impatient. How long does it take to fill out a mech application? It also seemed that the engineer guy was too despondant to even respond to an attempt to cheer him up.

A Rahkshi and a titan entered the room, and fishers backed away. The last time fishers had encountered one of those, it hadn't been fun.

IC(Kalatin): He continued following Xara, albeit at a further distance. His suspicions so far were being confirmed - Xara did have a special arrangement with the tournament organizers. And she had a Gem - but so did the other guy. It appeared that those who worked for them had these gems. Kalatin wondered if that would be of any use later.

He had forgotten all about the Lady Dajik, trying to think of a way to deal with this rigged tournament. What could he do?

-==GEM OF ???==-

Something seemed odd about the walls... As if they were... more elastic-y than the other things that had appeared.

-==IC: Elly==-

Elly nodded, and was about to respond further, when she paused, and turned, having sensed someone behind them. Elly walked up to Kalatin with a frown, and tilted her head. "I don't like being followed. Why are you following us?" Elly asked, as the frown didn't go away.

IC: Xara - Engineering Sector.

"It's following me," I explained, joining the Enforcer, "has been since I left the Knowledge Sector." 

IC: With a low "hmmm" and a tilt of his head Kale took a step back and concentrated for a moment. With a flash a series of long, blade-like hardlight constructs formed from his back. With a thought they dove towards the wall, seeking to dig in a cut a circular hole in the now sealed off path forward.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: With a burst of his mask the white and grey Toa was through the hole before it had a chance to close. Taking off again down the tunnel Kale picked up the pace. The faster he could get through this the better, from what he had heard this was something generally attempted by groups.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: The increasing speed of the pillars was a good sign, it meant that he was closing in on the treasure at the end of the tunnel. It was causing him to ramp up the power on his mask though. The dual element Toa was now almost a blur as he ducked, jumped, dove and weaved his way through the traps.

It's almost like dancing. Nui it's been a while since I've been able to enjoy myself this much.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Lady Dajik - Training Sector

She nodded, wincing as her head pulsed with the motion. Now she would have to find that decaying freak and make her suffer for this embarrassment. Surely whatever she had managed had not been worth this punishment.

A new voice joined the conversation, one in possession of another Gem. Her own words confirmed it. The Lady Dajik's smoke reached out to grasp at the new arrival's feet, searching for any way to identify them. Wide... far wider than most beings. Perhaps it was one of the many Rahkshi she had observed. That information would be carefully filed away for future use.

And then they were gone, and the Lady Dajik slowly rose to her feet, managing to stand proud despite her impairment. After all, it wasn't all that different from the lower city of Metru Nui. Her smoke branched out, searching for any that would be observing her plight. Her hands sharpened in a warning clearer than words to not say a word.

IC: Tarsus The Inquisitor - Training Sector

Tarsus didn't say a word as he turned to face the dummies he was planning on wrecking.

He did let out a small laugh and shake his head as he started up Executioner's drill, however.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Snarl - Training Sector. 

Having grown bored of lounging around in the Comfort Sector, the Energy Hound had padded into the Training Sector to find it wreathed in foul-smelling smoke. Letting out a low growl, he advanced cautiously, recognising the scent of Dajik.

IC: Dekako - Commercial Sector. 

The size and shape of our body make it incredibly difficult to sit at any of the tables, so we resort to simply curling up in one corner of the room, laying our staff down beside us and holding our bowl of Kane-Ra stew in one of our oversized hands. 

This is awkward.... Perhaps adjusting would be more difficult than we'd anticipated.... 

IC: Terry Terrix - Comfort Sector. 

Sleeping was the only daily activity that was truly made difficult by Terry's treads. Easing himself down onto the bed, his treads sticking awkwardly up into the air, Terry pulled the blanket over his torso and was soon snoring noisily away. 

IC: "And I have no idea what you are."

Skrall grabbed a pair of dumbbells, wanting to exercise his arms a little, keep their strength up. Next time he met that robot he wanted to be able to punch right through him, teach him not to so callously destroy a Skrall's shield.

"So I think that makes us even."

IC: "I...see..." Turbo went quiet, and very still. The sudden lack of body language made her consistent lack of a true face all the more off-putting, reducing her to a more mechanical level.

"Then would someone kindly point me towards these gamemakers," she said, her voice a glacier. Slow and icy. "For I wish to kick their cogs in."

IC: "We could make the nurses portable. Nurse-in-a-purse. Take them onto the battlefield with us." It was a poor joke, but she'd never been very good at them, and had been out of practice for years.

"Myself, I wouldn't fault your personal logic," she continued, joining in where she could with Zakaro's ramblings, "You have a decent grasp of what you're capable of, what ideals you stand for, what flaws you might have. Probably makes you one of the sanest people in this whole crazy contest."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC Langmuir - Commercial Sector
I can't help but stare for a short moment at what appears to be a Rahkshi Kaita sitting down to an oversize bowl of soup.

IC Belitun - Knowledge Sector
"Be forewarned, young Toa. It is a long tale."

She adjusted in her seat for a moment before speaking. "Born with a body of the highest beauty and entrusted with knowledge approaching truth, Giru was a being born and even designed to rule. His blood was the blood of both the fading Creators and the rising Created. He was to be the final and ultimate arbitrator. A man who would listen to all and act as adjudicator for all in turn. This was the first mistake of his Creator's, the creation of a perfect being. Their second was to be their creation of Marendar, a creature who would act as judge and jury over this 'perfect' being. Marendar watched the young king from the forests surrounding his kingdom. He saw naught but an amiable and ideal youth, a ruler praised and lauded by his infatuated subjects. The only shadow of a flaw was that the king that did submit to his Creators, even if he respected them. This shadow would be what grew to consume the youth as he grew into adulthood. Marendar was forced to acknowledge his Creator's wisdom at having constructed him, for the young king became as a tyrant. Practicing absolutism, oppressive levies and the utmost decadence from self interest, the people lamented their ruler's change. The king's true flaw became apparent in those years, he had been created as a being with the conclusion and answers already drawn. His uniqueness bred disenfranchisement, and immense power gave birth to immense loneliness and crushing solitude. While weaker beings might have crumbled, the king was a perfected created being, so where others would have fled from his burden of kingship, he stood proud under the crushing weight."

A dramatic pause, a deep breath.

"Marendar sought out the young king for the first time late that year, as the autumn sun hung high overhead and the workers labored in the fields and the quarries. The amorphous beast of the Creators told Giru that he would rectify his arrogance and reprimand him as the emissary as the divine. They entered battle then, and it was a truly titanic fight. It lasted for two days and three nights. In it, the young king was surprised and perhaps angered, here was but an irritating clod of mud, and he was forced to fight at his limit and dirty his treasured armory, so carefully filed away. Yet, although it was an abject humiliation at first, the king soon drew upon his power and his possessions without regret, losing himself in the joy of their battle. At it's end, the young king and the shapeshifting beast fell to the earth, both utterly spent. Giru remarked that they both only had one strike left in them, and no hope of defense. To act now would be to leave two foolish corpses. Struck by the absurdity of the situation, Marendar began to laugh and the king joined with him. Bloodied, dirtied and wounded, they shared their laughter and they became friends and companions. It marked the beginning of the king's first and only true friendship. The pair traveled far and wide, hunting, exploring and governing his kingdom together. In the next year, a great beast of the spurned creators plagued the kingdom's quarries. The king and his friend fought and slew it, an act that confused and worried Marendar. To save these miners that the king ruled over with such tyranny was plainly absurd! It was clearly not an act of compassion for his people, nor was it be decree of the creators. Marendar asked Giru about this, to which the king replied embarrassed and explained his thoughts on his rule. He stated that a king had to be kinder, had to be crueler and had to be greater than all others. He saw perfection and the godhood he aspired to as a whole, there was no aspect of people that was wholly wrong or that deserved to be forgotten and ignored, so he said the king had to exemplify all of these qualities! He had to be the one being that anyone could look up to. The lowliest thief and the holiest priest had to be able to see himself in their king. In awe of this, Marendar offered himself as an eternal and forever loyal tool, to which the king refused. He stated that he was no tool, but instead, his friend-

-And so it was that Giru and his kingdom became the greatest and most prosperous in all his world. He acquired all the treasures of the world, and while his rule was a hard one, his people grew happy and strong, it was a kingdom of discipline and ambition. Every citizen was given the chance both to endure the terrible pain of, and enjoy the rewards of becoming the best that they could be. Giru grew so strong that for no longer could the Creators ignore him, they sought their creation out as begrudging equals, asking his friendship or his hand in union. He refused them one and all. One particular being took this none too lightly, a woman creator that had sought the king's partnership and a share of his fortune. Spurned, she unleashed a terrible beast unto Giru's kingdom, a dragon, indeed even, the progenitor of all drakes. The greatest and most terrible of serpents. For seven years, it caused immense destruction, dark stormclouds heralded it's arrival and the ground quaked beneath it. Floods and droughts followed in it's wake. With great difficulty, Marendar and Giru were eventually able to bind and slay the creature. Using artifacts of great power and causing no small amount of destruction in their battle. Furious that her plague and curse had been defeated, the creator of the dragons lobbied for divine punishment of the two. Who were they to so continually and for so long oppose the will of their creators? This punishment was granted, the two were sentenced to excommunication. The king, his friend and his kingdom were cut off from their Creators. Existing as a pure construct of the divine, this spelled the end for Marendar. He slowly weakened and returned to the clay and water he was made from, as Giru desperately held onto the crumbling clod in his arms. He was angered by this, believing that he was the one who deserved retribution should it be required. Marendar attempted to assuage him by telling the king that he was only one of the many treasures in his collection, that he would surely find countless more greater than him in time. Giru insteaded declared that you do have worth, you alone have this worth. In all the world, only one shall be my friend, and thus, not for eternity shall his worth ever change. Smiling at the king's proclaimation, Marendar let go of the vestiges of his life and crumbled away, leaving behind nothing but the grieving young king.-

-Up until that point, Giru had lived by his own standards ; collecting riches, courting women, fighting and adventuring with his friend and protecting his kingdom. He had cast nary a thought towards death. But, with Marendar crumbled away, he was forced to confront it. Where as before it had inspired neither grief nor fear, it did now. Great and consuming darknesses hiding at the edges of his consciousness, plaguing him in the dark or during his solitude, solitudes that were far more frequent now. It was such that seeing the one who held equal power and worth in this world dying forced him to confront it's reality. Part of the despair he felt was that death would serve as an escape, he could no longer rule, observe and carry out his kingly duties if he were to die. In order to fulfill his responsibilities, he had to observe his kingdom to it's end. Falling into depression and with his vigor gone, he sought out a draught of immortality. He had known of it even before Marendar's passing, and had planned to obtain it eventually. With a reason now to seek it out with haste, he began his journey. It was a long path, a farce that lasted the same amount of time as he had lived up until that point. He wandered the wilderness for decades, grovelling along pathetically while thinking nothing other than not wanting to die. He had the finally found what tied him to his charges, the obsessive fear of death. Eventually, he learned of and reached an underworld of sorts, seeking out it's sage who told him where to find the fabled draught. A deep spring in the mountains that surrounded the world's eye.  Journeying there, he found and picked the plants that the draught of youth was to be made from. He smiled then, unable to put words to his state of mind at the time, he claimed to smile for sheer joy of accomplishment before returning to the mountain's foot. With the ability to rise about death, the voices and acclaim of his people would have reached an unprecedented level upon returning. But, in the rashness of his youth, a fit of vanity took him. He became bothered by his ragged state, to which he had not spared a single thought to prior to that moment. He wished to cleanse himself before returning to his kingdom, so as to test the fruits of his labor in perfect condition. The king rested at a spring close by to recover from the fatigue accumulated over decades of searching and grieving. At that moment, he experience a peculiar feeling ; Joy.-

-As the spring waters healed him, he felt a peacefulness like being released from a prolonged malaise, one of body and mind. It was the first time the king had been so ecstatic about any of his accomplishments. The act of obtaining immortality was the first time he was thankful for being born into the world, because, despite claiming to have the perspective of his people, he did not believe himself one of them until that moment. He felt free from everything, no doubts, fears or fixations. Overwhelmed by this feeling of élan vital, the reward of his self desire and the belief that he could od as he pleased with that joy for all eternity. It was then that his carelessness caused it to be snatched away from him, brought down by the desires, simple appetition of hunger, of a serpent that crawled the wilds. The snake with an empty stomach was drawn by the flower's and herb's smells, and although a panicked Giry emerged from the spring, it was too late. The snaked gained the property of shedding, having been the restoration of youth instead of immortality, and all that was left was it's shed skin. The king was struck with laughter at this, the absurdity of the conclusion in all he stood to gain and all he took pride in being "naught." He laughed at his own foolishness until his sides ached and tears streaked his face. The fulfillment in life and joy that he obtained for the time time vanished instantly, causing him to realize that that was the nature of the mortal world. A realization that immortality was unnecessary to his duty. He had been born, truly, at that moment and died after learning of joy. Though he had been complete and perfect since birth, he also had had his times of inexperience. He had reached physical maturity during his meeting with Marendar and his time with him, but only just now had he reached mental maturity. The snake's theft and his realization marked the end of his youth. The sun had risen now, and he returned to his kingdom. Marking the end of his adventures, he governed his lands and brought his immediate goals to completion. His rule was a quiet one now, and when it came time to entrust his kingdom to the next king before going to his eternal rest, he did so with peace. "

The retelling was replete with drama and emotion, her voice shifting tones with the story and the silence between sentences or lengths between words acting as poetry themselves.

• Upvote 4

...but close to it

IC: The Wyrm - Training Sector.

He wasn't sure if this being was oblivious, or secretive, or both. Perhaps he was simply as talkative as The Wyrm himself was. "Very well," he replied, deciding not to pry. "I'll leave you to your business, then."

________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Dayeth - Knowledge Sector.

"The easiest way to get the attention of one of the gamemakers would be to attack someone," Dayeth replied with a sneer, "starting a fight outside of the arena brings the one they call the Enforcer."

________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Dekako - Commercial Sector.

Someone is staring at us. We decide not to provoke them by staring back. 

Edited by Locus

IC: Minami

"I wouldn't recommend that," Minami said, finally speaking up to get Turbo's attention.

"The organizers of this place are extremely powerful. The Host, the one running this show; he can teleport as easily as he can breath. His companion, the Queen, possesses Psionics power far beyond even the Dasaka of old. And the Enforcer? Not only can they cancel out any known power..."

"... I'm not sure exactly what happened, but I hear that apparently they took an anti-materiel round to the face, a bullet capable of punching through carbon steel armor. They lived."

Minami sighed.

"Challenging any of them to single combat would be suicidal. They wouldn't willingly bring anything more powerful than themselves here."

IC: Eryard]

"... Yeah. Never heard of it before."

"If you wouldn't mind, I have an ability that lets me exchange memories with others through touch. Itight be easier than trying to explain things through words."

Edited by One-Eyed Construct
  • Upvote 1

IC: Alisa Dare - Commercial Sector.

Alisa, who'd been quiet through most of the conversation, chose that moment to speak up again, "I knew someone with a power a bit like that," she offered her hand to Eryard, "go ahead." 

IC: Eryard

"... What? No... I don't know what you're talking about. Isn't it Spherus Magna?"

What was this TOU-ah talking about?

Turning to the other TOU-ah (Alisa), I accepted the outstretched hand, activating my power...

Think, think Eryard. Think of a happy time... Think of a time before the Enemy...

Spherus Magna... Timestamp needed, timestamp needed... 40000 years after the death of Lein. (ooc: 125000 years before the Shattering, 225000 years before the Reformation of Spherus Magna).

I had just been appointed an Officer of the Fire Tribe, commissioned by the Great Beings. Apparently they saw potential in me or something.

To be honest? I was more scared than excited. Command did come with its hefty share of responsibilities, and I wasn't sure just how well the old boys would react to a total newbie in their command...

Wait. Gotta think more in general.

Okay...

It was a time of peace.

All eight of the tribes lived in harmony, interacting with each other on very good terms. Skrall, Sand, Ice, and Iron to the north; Fire, Water, Jungle, and Earth to the south.

Most of the Agori and the Glatorian lived simple, yet comfortable lives. The Great Beings did bring great progress for many, but a combination of a lack of factories to mass produce their work combined with a general lack of interest sort of stagnated the technological development of the planet.

Was there anything else to tell?

No, that should be good enough.

Even as I transmitted the appropriate data to this TOU-ah, I opened my mind, in case she wished to send anything about her world as well.

Although she'd encountered a wide range a psionic abilities, she'd still never quite been able to get used to having people get inside her head, or being ableto do the same in return. 

She accepted the transmission of thought, oblivious to the conversation going on around her, taking time to absorb and understand each flash of memory before replying in kind.

Her reply was somewhat clumsy, disjointed, but she hoped she was at least managing to convey what she wanted...

Le-Metru - she had just finished another assignment, and was sitting on the steps on a chute station, watching throngs of Matoran as they went about their daily lives. They were peaceful, ignorant of the darker world she inhabited, and she envied them for it. 

Artakha - a haven of commerce and construction. She wandered through the bustling streets, watching Matoran and other beings working together, in harmony, towards a better future.

Karzahni - She watched a group of injured Matoran being meticulously repaired by the benevolent being the island was named after, before witnessing their reunion with friends and family on the shoreline. 

Destral - she returned home after almost a year of non-stop work, catching up with her fellow Toa, and the heroic Makuta who helped them protect and defend their universe agaisnt the evils of the Order of Mata Nui. And then the next day she'd....

No, don't think about that!

....been informed of the betrayal of the Toa Hagah....

The memories came in flashes and flickers now, jumping forward quickly, completely out of Alisa's control.

....followed them to the Southern Continent, witnessed the rise of the Toa of Light..... fought them..... lost.... months later, attacked them again, one on one against Takanuva.... the blasts of laser light searing her body.... her own screams.... her hand over his face, releasing a blast of physical Absence that blew his mask apart.... lying on the ground, dying.... Stop!

"I'm sorry...." she tore her hand away, finally forcing herself to break the connection, "....I lost control, please don't...." she trailed off, unsure of what more to say, "....sorry."  

"It's... It's fine. I've seen similar things before."

And I've elected not to show you them.

I stared awkwardly at the ground with a gaze that might as well have been boring down to the center of the planet.

Finally, I muttered to this Naona:

"... It's been 65000 years since the death of Lein. Raanu, Certavus, and Surel were born around the same time; they were young men when...

When they died.

"... When I was pulled here."

"Do those names mean anything to you?"

Biting on her bottom lip, Alisa said nothing, just sat hunched over in her seat. It was all too fresh, too soon. She couldn't control her own thoughts, and she hated herself for it. "Excuse me," she got to her feet, "I need a drink. Did you two want anything while I'm up?"  

"... Huh. So he went pretty far in your world?"

"... I'm still not entirely sure what you meant by 'Shattered' and all that... Maybe a different time, a different place?... If you're really adverse to Psionics abilities, I guess... I mean..."

EDIT:

At Alisa's mention of getting drinks, I thought for a moment...

"... Maybe a glass of Thornax Tears (OOC: basically Thornax vodka). It's what I was having before... Before all the smoke."

Trying to remember what Elyard had actually said, Alisa went up to the bar and made the order, just getting a glass of water for herself. Returning with the drinks, she sat down once more, not saying anything. 

IC: Sesdec - Knowledge Sector

As the story went on, Sesdec  sat with rapt attention, clinging to every word. His nervousness was soon forgotten, and first one leg unfurled, then the other, and before he even knew it, he was sitting upon the floor, looking up at the taleweaver like an eager Matoran. His imagination spun, trying to imagine the great form of Marendar and the fleshy king. 'Twas a pity when the story came to a conclusion.

He was not sure how to follow such an illustrious tale. He had so many questions that lay unanswered, and no desire to voice them. It seemed a spell was cast over the place as the stranger spoke, intertwined within each raise of voice. "W-where..." he hazarded, "where d-do you c-c-come f-from?"

IC: Lady Dajik - Training Sector

With her vision apparently gone, the Lady Dajik turned to hearing and smoke to feel her way around the Sector. 

Soft laughter, followed by the revving of a drill. There could not be many who wielded such a cumbersome weapon. She would find him and kill him in the Arena. To challenge him now would be...

Claws. The curtain of smoke whipped out towards the entrance and wrapped up around the Energy Hound, strangling it with intangible thread. A bullet soon followed, embedding in the floor just before its paws. It wasn't as close as she would have liked.

Her voice was filled with venom as she snapped, "Take one step further, you traitorous mutt, and I'll blow your brains all over the wall."