BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

-==IC: Elly==-

Elly examined the gem, but didn't activate it, and then nodded. "The Gem of Shapeshifting, huh...?" Elly mused, and then handed it back to Kale with a nod. "You get the normal amount of lives, and can keep it." Elly said, before she was teleported back to Xara.

IC(fishers): fishers put her mech application down in the tray. "If you need anything, just let me know." fishers said to the engineer. "At least give it some thought."

Then she turned to see a strange lady appear, and the Rahkshi staring down a creepy monster. Er, a creepy monster staring down an even creepier monster. Nervously, the Matoran gave the pair a wide berth before running up the stairs, her fear propelling her back into the Commericial Sector. Whew. 

Edited by fishers64

IC Belitun - Knowledge Sector

"There is an engineering sector, on the bottom level of the facility I believe. A faculty map is available at the entrance to all the sectors." She pointed towards the far off and bookshelf obscured entrance. "That count down has no surplus of time, you ought to move fast if you want to procure a vehicle before the next round."

...but close to it

IC: Ravyn (Revenant) - Commercial Sector

Upon noticing Arkie, Ravyn returned the gesture.

"It's normally a hot dish consisting of cooked dough with a variety of sauces and melted cheese on top of it, although it can also be served cold again later after going through the initial period of preparation. Besides those two ingredients, however, virtually anything can be added onto it before heating as well; peppers, onions, olives, spices, and yes, even meats. How it tastes really depends on how one perfers it is made," he explained as his companion inquired about the Ko-Toa. "Yeah, we go way back. She's a member of the group I run with back home."

Looking around himself (because he had eyes, too), he spotted yet another somewhat familiar face eying the Vortixx from a fair distance away.

"And I assume he's a friend of yours?"

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC Langmuir - Commercial Sector

I can hardly believe my own eyes, Dartakh's own appearance was miraculous, but he seemed a young version of himself, he wouldn't have recognized me. But him, he's almost every bit as I remembered him. I stand up off of the bar stool, turning to face the other Toa.

"...Ravyn?"

...but close to it

IC: "Don't know what you're laughing at, smiley." Another disk materialised in Vixen's three-fingered hand, "You're next."

"What did you just do?"

"Oh relax, she won't be out that long. I'm only making a plea for attention, not going on a rampage."

Ignoring Feli's attempt to waken Minami (hey, just meant she could knock her out again!) she flung her second disk in Dayeth's direction

IC: Skrall immediately placed the dumbells back where he had found them and stalked over to the nearest sparring ring. Having no real powers of his own he didn't bother asking if the Wyrm preferred a mano-e-mano fight and just assumed this would be a feee for all. While waiting for his opponent to take his place, he took up a defensive position, shield held high

IC: "Even if it is a simulation, it feels real enough. You may wake up with all your wounds healed, but you still remember the pain of getting them." Olari shrugged. "Perhaps you're just more used to it than I. You've been doing it longer, you've grown used to it."

IC: "So how do you know you are actually a Toa?" Venga asked, tactlessly as usual, "If you have no memory of being digitised, how can you be sure you aren't just a program who'd been made to think he was once a Toa?"

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Ravyn (Revenent) - Arena

Even though Ravyn heard the Toa address him by his name, it still took him awhile to figure out his identity.

"..."

Well, I'll be Karzed...

"Forger...?!"

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Virse - Comfort Sector

She wandered through the halls of the Comfort Sector, endless walls of doors stretching out on either side. At last she came to a door that seemed almost familiar that opened at her touch. The small patch of sand on the ground confirmed this was where she arrived. Without a second thought, Virse collapsed onto the soft covers and was asleep within moments. She would need all the sleep she could get before the next round started.

IC: Arkrax - Knowledge Sector

It was an interesting query, to say the least. Arkrax was silent for a long time as he processed the best answer. "Some memory is ~ maintained ~ across forms," he buzzed at last. "The Hunters ~ did not intend ~ for such drastic results."

IC: Lady Dajik - Med Bay

She strolled along before her company of medical officers despite her injuries. It was just a few scratches. She had survived worse. Not bad for blind combat against a foe that had... defeated her previously. The mutt hadn't been so lucky. She shot a glance back to the limp form in the arms of a few doctors. A few more minutes, and it would have been gone. No one would know of her failure. But then, they showed up. She would have to be more careful with how she carried out her missions from now on.

The Infirmary was surprisingly full of a large group of bound and unconscious beings. They were of no concern now. The Lady Dajik simply located an open bed and elegantly sprawled across it to be treated.

IC: Sesdec - Engineering Sector

Her analysis seemed correct. Sesdec glanced to the board, then back to the strange fleshy being and gave a nod of acknowledgement. 'Twould not give him much time, but perhaps such a device would be useful.

He stood from his place upon the floor and raced out the door, his willowy limbs quickly carrying him through the halls. But it might not be enough. Sesdec took a deep breath and focused upon his element. A large sheet spread out from beneath him, arranging itself with a few quick folds into a long body with two slender wings. He leapt upon its flat surface and held tight as the craft flew through the halls with the sound of ruffled paper.

He carefully scanned the doors for any indication of an Engineering Sector. There. The craft veered straight into the passage and down the flight of stairs, only to collapse into a pile of shreddings at the base. Sesdec staggered from it, shaking the scraps from his armor, and approached the Toa at the counter. A small pile of submissions lay nearby, along with a few blank forms and accompanying writing instruments. With a flick of the wrist, Sesdec retrieved one such form and looked it over.

Mech Name: 'Twould require something elegant, something heroic, something... indicative of the design. Perhaps 'twould be best saved for last.

Pilot Name: Simple enough. Sesdec put his own name within the blank in an elegant and smooth hand, completely at odds with his typical appearance.

Power/Weapon 1: Ah, here was the challenge! The images of constructs he had seen within the books flashed before his mind, but none seemed to quite suit his purposes. They were all too large and ungainly, too fierce to look upon, and too coarse in their armaments. He needed something unique, something to inspire and fuel hope and courage by its very appearance!

But what? Possible constructs drifted through his mind, occasionally manifesting as an origami shape that orbited around his head. None of the noble creatures or conveyances from his stories seemed fitting. Oh, why could he read the best prose and view the greatest works of creativity for all of eternity, yet not form an idea of his own! The round would be beginning soon, leaving him idle and defenseless in the midst of these great powers!

The shapes vanished back within himself, and Sesdec stared at the corner of the page without seeing it. His mind wandered, and his powers flickered, manipulating the page around. The tiny edges waved at him, and folded in upon themselves, obscuring the details of the sheet, only to be restored to smoothness once more. The corners formed into creatures, masks, or designs even Sesdec could not identify. Truly, the dexterity and versatility of the page was astounding...

His eyes glimmered with inspiration, and Sesdec quickly scrawled out a description in the most heroic of speech. What he needed was a construct ready to adapt to any situation, to rescue wherever 'twas needed, to confront whatever it must. 'Twould have to be quick and agile to run to the aid of any who required it. The best form for such a creation was of course the page, inheriting all of that dexterity and versatility within one piloted vehicle.

He could see it clearly now, a large sheet at his fingertips, powered solely by his own imaginings. 'Twould move in a whirl of geometric limbs, crawling across a surface faster than the quickest Kikanalo, yet with all the maneuverability of a Bog Snake. Its shape could easily slip between or around the larger, slower creations of inventors past. 'Twould dart in like a shot, strike without warning, and be gone before they could turn their backs.

But for those occasions when protection or height was needed, his creation would be ready. Though 'tis light on its many, many feet, it could form thick armor within the flicker of an eye for the inevitable time when greater armor would be required, and then return to its feathery form afterwards. Its low form would easily confuse many, both through eyes and sensors, and for greater concealment, it could secrete itself, slipping into gaps or becoming a part of the scenery. Higher foes would not be beyond its reach, for it could stretch its material beyond what others could conceive.

And it could become all the fiercest monsters and bravest heroes Sesdec had ever read of. Its shape could warp around, folding an infinity of folds to shape into whatever his imagination could conjure.

All of this and more, Sesdec released onto the page. He soon formed another to follow, and another, endlessly writing on and on with little concern for the ones that must build his dream. 'Twas all so clear in his mind, and he had to ensure everything was formed flawlessly, just as seen in his mind's eye. 

And at the conclusion of his masterpiece, Sesdec wrote a conclusion, the basest summary of his eloquence that would produce all the results he wished for. "All I require is a large page of a durable material, and leave the rest to me and my abilities." 'Twas, in theory, all he needed. His "Spark of Creativity" could bring many such creatures to life, this one would simply be... larger, more energy consuming, and far more taxing upon his mind. He doubted he could manage other abilities while within, but it was of no matter. This would be all he would need.

The last touch was the name, an introduction worthy of the greatest hero of the greatest deeds. Polyhydra. A conglomeration of the mathematical term for many many-sided figures, as well as the mythological creature with tough hide and many heads which could strike from anywhere at any time. 'Twould be appropriate enough for its final form, a tangle of fractal polygons whipping out in its quest. 'Twas not a villainous design to cause death and destruction, but the protection of innocents and its rider in the dark times to come.

With all of his thoughts explained in meticulous detail, Sesdec added his completed stack to the existing, oblivious to the glares he received from the Engineer who was doubtless disappointed at the much reading he must complete. Sesdec would be retrieving his dream, and that was all that mattered. He calmly stepped back outside and into the unfamiliar hallways to return to the stranger with her strange tales.

OOC: Haha! 1074 words. :D

• Upvote 2

IC: Lytrel

"... I'd ask if it involved any dungeons, slavers, or doctors in labcoats or anything, but it doesn't seem that you wanna talk about it. I can live with that."

Lytrel exited back into the mirror chamber and began heading towards the tunnel he had arrived from.

"Yeah. From what I can remember, I used to be a schoolteacher. My memory comes and goes, and right now it's gone, so I can't really say more. But it seems yiu and it worse."

IC: Lytrel

"... To make a long story short I got pulled from my home universe, got my memory wiped, and then roped into some sort of gladiatorial farce. After the first match, the who runs the show recruits me and... Uh, five others to go find some sort of gem that gives psychic powers. Along the way, we met some giant Ba-Toa with a split personality, who I ended up getting into a fight to, and he dumped me into a hole. After which IC rawled through a tunnel and came to this room."

IC: "Yeah, the vertical is weird! I don't usually do much in that plane unless it's by wire for a concert or a show, you know? I've only used a Kadin once, really, and that was for my role in Pakari Pan as Teribyll, the tiny makuta who's Pakari Pan's source of power. I'm so glad it was just the one show, because I can't handle flight at all!" She laughed nervously, obviously uncomfortable with even the idea of heights.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Sevyn (Comfort Sector, with Donri)

"Onwards, then!" he cried, and promptly turned and walked out the door going the wrong way. 

IC: Zakaro (His Room, with Olari)

His lips pursed, and confusion crossed over his face before he shrugged.

"I guess. I just don't think about it and usually everything turns out okay!" 

The Earth Toa gives a crooked grin at his companion with that statement, eyes still half-lidded. 

"Is easier that way. Ah just don't think about anything more complex than maybe how gears and such work and that usually works out fine for me. Did ah ever tell you about this guy ah once met? He call'd himself a ra-boy, like Kane-Ra, and he 'ould rope 'em and ride 'em and tame 'em and he talk'd kinda like this, with all his words a little off and ac-centted. Ah'm not to good at it."

IC: Bajets (Commercial Sector, with Halken, Mirror, and Lang)

"Oh look, another reunion," Bajets muttered, nearly throwing away her napkin but thinking better of it and instead carefully folding it into a small, sooty cap of sorts, which she promptly decided was worthless and thus threw it at her brother anyway. 

"Though I must also question about that pizza."

IC: Nisaduf (Hallways, with Riss)

"It's okay," Nisa said, smiling almost sedately at Riss. She was strangely moving almost slowly, but for her that meant just normal speed. 

"Heights aren't fun. Most things like that aren't. Like the dark. I went in a dark tunnel to-day. It wasn't all that fun. It was dark, spooky, and had some nasty things in there like fleshy weird stuff and a big skakdi-looking fellow and floors dropping out. Like some kinda half-off fear ride, almost. It was scary at the time, though it's kinda funny now~"

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

ROUND FOUR

DEVASTATION: MECHS FFA

GM IC: THE HOST - OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS

The Host smiled as he realized what time it was.

"What time is it?" he asked himself. "Why, it's time for another round!"

He pressed a button under his desk and vanished; in the same instant, several fighters blinked out of existence around the Bionifight facility as they were teleported into the arena, reappearing scattered across the ruins of a small town in the middle of a desert. Clouds rolled in the sky above them, with thunder booming and lightning spiking down towards the ground. Every fighter would find their Mech right beside them, waiting for their pilots to activate them.

"Hello, hello!" the Host announced. "Welcome to the fourth round! This one is a bit of an experiment - it is for Mech-users only! I must say, this particular arena variant can be quite... lethal! Those lightning strikes might be enough to render your Mech inactive for several seconds, and of course, one mustn't ignore the land mines buried all over the place. I really should have had someone mark their locations... oh well! Good luck!"

The Host vanished, reappearing in the Control Room. 

"Three!"

"Two!"

"One!"

"FIGHT!"

And so the fourth round began.

---

After being KO'd, your character will be repaired and revived in the Medical Bay, which is connected to the locker rooms. From there, characters may venture into the hallways and the rest of the facility, as you would have them do normally. Destroyed and damaged Mechs will be sent back to Engineering. If your character survives the destruction of their Mech, they may continue to battle.

If your profile is approved during the round, they do not enter the arena; they appear in the locker rooms.

Only Mech fighters are allowed in this round.

Round 4 will end on Saturday, May 2nd. 

---

Arena: Devastation: Based upon the war-torn ruins of a small town in the middle of a desert, where lightning storms are a frequent hazard. Wreckage can be used to take cover, although fighters must be aware of possible buried mines.

Game Type: Mech FFA: Only fighters who have been granted a mech by the Bionifight Organizers are eligible for rounds with this game type. In this round, fighters are able to use all of the weapons and powers they normally have access to, as well as the weapons and powers of their mech.

---

PARTICIPATING FIGHTERS

Xaeraz - Riss - [B Side of the Moon]

Nato - Xara - [Tonitrui], The Puppetmaster - [Baterra Nui] (1 KO - Tomo) , Terry - [Steampunk Clockodile] (KO'd by Kat)

UltimoScorp - Kat - [Fear Itself] (1 KO - Terry; KO'd by Kale)

VahkiDane - Omega - [Smasher]

Construct - Sudrec - [CHLE-03], Tomo - [Velika's Vision] (KO'd by Virse + Puppetmaster)Yoko - [Sky Queen], Eryard - [Thornatus-AR V1]

fishers64 - Fishers - [Dr. Bundy] (KO'd by Langmuir)

Manhunter - Velix - [Breaking Thunder]

Daniel the Finlander - Feli Gemshimmer - [Wraithknight] (KO'd by Harami)

ArcticFreeze - Kuro - [Avenger Angel]

Tiragath - Langmuir - [Irvine] (2 KOs - Sesdec + Fishers)

Ehksidian - Vinra - [rm -rf /*]

Click - Virse - [Heremus' Wrath] (1 KO - Tomo) , Sesdec - [The Polyhyrdra] (KO'd by Langmuir)

Silvan Haven - Kale Ironshaper - [Peerless] (1 KO - Kat)

Daronus - Harami - [Seraphiel Armour] (1 KO - Feli Gemshimmer)

Edited by Lucina
  • Upvote 4

IC: Sudrec

https://youtube.com/watch?v=KNQL867XCy0

It was time.

Time to destroy.

"Been a good 100000 years old friend."

Gracefully gliding into the cockpit, the fluid motions still embedded in his muscle memory, Sudrec sat himself down in the chair.

"Inserting activation key... Password is ERYARD..."

The mech gave a whirring sound and came to life.

"Hello Master Sudrec."

The AI had been added too, as according to specifications. This would be a good time...

"Activating auxiliary power units. Releasing brakes. Setting drive mode to landspinners."

Foot, slamming down on the gas pedal.

OOC: other characters coming later.

Edited by One-Eyed Construct

IC: Riss looked up at the B Side above her and laughed, giddy with joy about her mech looking so perfectly like the cover art. She clambered into the armored chest of the machine, attached the neural interface to her head, and powered up the musical machine. The door sealed, the Bass Cannon sprang to free floating attention, and her Stratoaxer found its way over one shoulder.

"Well, Sunburst," She said to herself, "It's time to rock and roll."

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

GM IC: LYTREL + MIRROR LYTREL

"Sounds exciting," Mirror Lytrel said.

The two exited the tunnel, returning to the chasm where Lytrel had fallen. The Mirror Lytrel stared up at the hole way in the distance.

"So... are you floating both of us up there then?"

IC: Virse - Arena

Virse slowly opened her eyes on a view that was too good to be true. The warm sand pressed up against her mask and slid down her armor as she stood. She staggered for a moment in the soft soil, and her hand fell against a long metal strut. It was the leg of Heremus' Wrath. She was home, and The Relic was by her side.

Well, not quite home. Lightning flashed across the terrain, and an unfamiliar ruined village flickered in the heat.

Virse wasted no time in climbing up into her new mech. Her limbs quickly found the familiar motions from the countless times she had watched a pilot mount. In a moment, she was sitting in the seat, and the armor sealed around her. The controls caused her a moment of pause, but they easily slipped into her hands. They were made for her, after all.

After a few shaky footsteps, the Wrath was striding through the ruins, searching for its first target.

IC: Sesdec - Arena

One step was upon the smooth floor of the facility. The next came upon a soft, sandy dune. It seemed his submission was accepted just in time. Sesdec looked round about him until his eyes settled upon the flat sheet before him. The crew did their work in record time, even if his design was simple. Sesdec strode forward into the midst of the sheet and closed his eyes. His breathing slowed, his hands reached out to embrace the feeling of the page, and then he pulled.

The sheet crumpled inwards, and then flattened into a wide sheath of polygons. Each tiny limb quivered in anticipation of motion. Then, the Polyhydra undulated, shifting and sliding across the ground faster than should have seemed possible. It easily slid through a doorway into cover, where he would wait for an opportunity to present itself.

IC: Dayeth - Knowledge Sector.

She'd been expecting this - hoping for it, in fact. The disk shot through the air towards her and she twisted out of the way, responding with a Dark Fireball flung at the part of the creature that looked most likely to be its torso. 

IC: The Wyrm - Training Sector. 

He jumped up into the ring, sizing up his opponent. He preferred not to engage in direct one-on-one fights like this, it made his chameleon powers pretty useless, and at this range, his spinner usually proved to be impractical. 

"You first," he offered to the black-armoured being. 

IC: Terry Terrix - Arena.

One moment, he'd been drowning himself in beer to celebrate his victory in the previous round, and the next he'd found himself at the controls of the mech he'd only put in the application for an hour ago.

"Whu...." he burped loudly, trying to shake off, "....why.... urk," his alcohol-addled mind was too slow and unresponsive to make sense of what was happening, so he decided not to bother trying to make sense of it. 

Instead, he powered up the Clockodile and started stomping forwards.

IC: The Puppetmaster - Arena. 

The organisers of this tournament never ceased to surprise him. It couldn't have been more than an hour or two since he'd put in his application for the exo-suit concept he'd been working on, and here it was, finished already.

I'm going to enjoy this.... he took cover behind a chunk of rubble, powering up his hardlight camouflage and waiting for the enemy to come to him. It was time to go hunting.

IC: Xara - Arena.

"Oh, come on!" I hadn't even had a chance to finish my conversation with the Enforcer, yet here I was, in the arena once more. But my mech was exactly how I'd envisioned it. Pure lethal perfection.

And even better was the arena. Flashes of lightning splitting the sky, blackened, broken ruins, ashen sand....

All of my dreams come true....

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Kale Ironshaper- Arena

IC: Kale grumbled to himself as he put on the suit of power armor.

I can't even stay in a good mood for more than five minutes here.

The last plates of metal and composite settled into place and Kale settled a veil of invisibility over himself.

Now, what to do?

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC(fishers): fishers grinned as she mounted her smaller machine, and pushed a lever buried under the dashboard. The machine began to hover, low to the ground, as fishers powered up, the familiar clicks telling her when things were ready. Ah, my old friend Dr. Bundy. Don't you even sound like yourself. This is AWESOME! 

The Ko-Matoran shivered as she took to the controls. It wasn't yet time to warm up the huge cannon. That would come later. Right now, fishers pushed the mech forward toward the ruin, allowing it to fly slowly between buildings. Hopefully flight would allow the machine to avoid triggering land mines, while the grenades and her bomb cannon...oh dang oooh dang. But the lightning bolts...erm, now that could be a problem. You're made of metal, Bundy. I just hope the lightning here is truly random. The fisherwoman placed her fishing pole back near the cannon. It might serve as a lightning rod in a pinch. 

Always a challenge. Now, to find something to explode. 

IC(Kalatin): Soon after the Enforcer had teleported back in, Xara had vanished. The gelatin sighed. He wasn't going to get the information he wanted. 

OOC: Kalatin's comment about Arena revenge is just messed up in hindsight. LOL.

IC(A.D.): A mech-only round! Seriously, when he finally wanted to fight, they wouldn't let him. Oh well. He looked over at Ignis. "What is your plan? What are we doing? I've been standing around in this sector waiting for you to do something, so are we going to do something?"

IC(Ismekne): Ismekne had no interest in mechs. Instead, the beginning of the round found her in the Training Sector. She walked over to a dummy and started punching it, testing her force behind the blow. 

OOC: fishers and Ismekne open for interaction. The guys are still tangled up. 

IC Kat:

"Yeah, I-"

Flash.

I blinked.

Well .

I looked to my right.

Blinked again.

How the Karz had the organizers put together a mech I'd only just started throwing ideas together for?

I experimentally pulled on a plate that would be the opening had I designed this thing, and surprise surprise, it popped open.

Creepy.

I contorted into the machine, and it closed behind me, leaving just enough room for me to pop the Kraata hatch and slither out and up into the chest of the mechanical monstrosity.

I settled into a spot that fit me worryingly better than even my own armor, and worked in much the same way.

Except, holy Karz this thing was huge.

Rahkshi aren't small creatures, heck, we stand a good head or two over your average Toa.

But was this thing big. Not towering over the battlefield big, but at full height, I now stood twice, maybe three times as tall.

I opened my eyes, being fed information through extensive sensory networks that were just as good as my own. The landscape bleak and stormy. Lightning in the distance.

Hot , the power.

I wiggled my fingers experimentally. Karz, I moved my whole new -body- experimentally.

Bulky, not terribly agile, but able to take a lot of punishment.

I grinned, despite myself. Dunno how they'd done it, but it was perfect.

A manipulatable energy field on my left, a shoulder mounted cannon, and these knuckles, man. Drills. Hardest material in the multiverse and gleaming to nice pointed tips.

The only thing to fear, was indeed Fear Itself.

I started off across the battle field, setting the Physics Shield to a medium setting, covering the equivalent of a large tower shield.

OOC: Kat and Fear Itself are open for interaction.

IC:

"Regardless of the wisdom, or lack thereof, in their plan, they have made their intent as clear as crystal." The ancient warrior said, now crossing her arms in thought. "I am concerned, however, by the abilities of the contestants they have may chosen."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Vinra

It obviously had not taken long for the mechs to be made. Or for the next round to being. Vinra realized she was, indeed, sitting just outside her mech. She quickly scrambled inside, and hooked herself up to the neural interface. Everything became brighter, her limbs felt...different. She was in control. With a wicked smile, her mech rose, the rm -rf /*, and sent out a small RRADAR ping, to see if anyone, or anything, was nearby. The jets all along the body began to heat up, ready for use at any time. The shells in the wrists cycled once through, to confirm that yes indeed, the motion was there.

This was going to be fun.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC:

"Uhhh...what have you seen, exactly?" Des hadn't even known that these...'Vortixx' were so easily recognizable, so the fact that this Toa (she was a Toa, right?) had a huge informational advantage on her was something she was acutely aware of. "What can you do, actually? I've...never met a Toa before."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

OOC: I just forgot: Do Gems work while in mechs?

IC: Kuro/In Avenger Angel, Devastation

I teleported into my mech. I looked up into the air.

Lightning. I hate lightning. But I have my own divine light to slay my foes. 

I smiled. I would show my skill. Time to kill.

Shining Sword activate.

A hard-light blade of Light appeared in my mech's hands. The sword wasn't extremely bright according to the meter, but it would do.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC Langmuir - Arena

"I-"

A churning sensation cuts me off. A mech round already? Color me surprised... Irvine opens up and I climb in, the cockpit sealing me in. It felt sturdy, strong. A quick test of the Crast and it's strengthening system goes well. I place a mechanical hand on a rock and conjure up a field, blowing it to bits.

I survey my surroundings, find a building and enter. It is a large garage type building, big enough for Irvine, but hopefully small enough to deny others entrance. I situate myself in the darkened uilding, watching the street outside.

...but close to it

IC:

"I am not a Toa." Aila clarified, settling back onto her heels before holding up two fingers. "Toa usually have two powers. They have access to a Kanohi, the likes of which I see you are familiar with, and an elemental ability. The elemental ability grants innate control over that element with which they have an affinity. Fire, water, ice, earth, stone, and air are often considered the primary six affinities, though in my time, sand and jungle took the place of air and stone. Secondary, less common, affinities are iron, sonics, plasma, lightning, gravity, plant-life, magnetism, and psionics."

"Much rarer are light and shadow. While many species manifest abilities derived from these powers, as do some relics, elemental light and shadow are much less common." The warrior paused, crossing her arms once more. "It is not at all uncommon for Toa to have weapons or tools that bolster their abilities, or grant new ones."

"As for the species that I have encountered, that is a much more complicated list. I have encountered most species that the Matoran universe ever held. Matoran, and their related subspecies, are perhaps the most common. Skakdi are much more violent, with enhanced physical attributes, vision based abilities, elemental affinities when cooperating with another of their kind, and often a third power. Vortixx rarely have innate powers, though they are capable of using Kanohi, but their technology is vastly more advanced than that of most other races. The Dark Hunters and Order of Mata Nui played host to a wide range of beings that were either unique or exceedingly rare, but I could not claim to have encountered half of these individuals."

"Bara Magna held its own peoples, but none had any particularly striking abilities. Given the nature of this tournament, however... The contestants are likely to hold abilities not even conceived of in my homeland."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

GM IC: THE QUEEN / QUEEN'S QUEST

Slowly, she opened her eyes.

The first thing she registered were the blindingly bright lights shining down on her. As she rapidly blinked, her eyes adjusting to the light, she could feel the soft linens of the bedding wrapped around her like a soft cocoon. Once her eyes had fully adjusted, she sat up, smiling as she heard the sheets rustle quietly from the movement. Yawning, she glanced around the room, spotting the others all restrained and still asleep in beds of their own. Various machines, tubes and wires were next to each bed, although it looked like everyone had already been unplugged. The Medical Bay moved quickly.

A door hissed open to her right and she turned her attention towards the Vortixx that entered; he stopped in his tracks, appearing surprised as he clutched his clipboard to his chest.

"Y-you're awake," he stammered. "You're not supposed to... be awake for several hours. Y-your condition... we w-were going to keep you under longer than the fighters."

The Queen frowned.

She knew why.

She shoved the presence away and erected a mental wall to block it before it could speak.

"Why I am awake does not matter," she said quietly. "Have they all recovered? Has their hearing been restored?"

"Yes ma'am," the Vortixx said, scribbling something onto his clipboard. "They should awaken shortly."

"Good," the Queen replied, nodding. "Remove the restraints. None of them shall try to flee. Not while I am here, at least."

The Vortixx looked confused. "You're... staying?"

"Yes."

The Vortixx nodded, although she could tell that he still did not understand. It was no matter; the less the staff working in the Medical Bay knew about what had happened down in those tunnels, the better. If the Doctor found out...."

"Pardon me for asking, ma'am, but... you are... speaking, now? Verbally?"

She pondered the question - or pretended to, at least, before answering. "Yes."

Nodding again, the Vortixx returned to his task of removing the restraints from Kopen, Albrecht, Ezezko, and Von Worten.

"Um... we sent the head off to Engineering," he told her. "They're building him a new body right now. But... people were saying that you might know where Lytrel and Nocton went?"

"Lytrel is MIA. Nocton is dead."

The words were spoken sharply. The Vortixx wisely chose not to continue pressing the issue. Untying the last restraint from Kopen, he turned back to the Queen and saluted before backing out of the room, reminding her that the fighters would awaken within the next few minutes. Once she was alone, the Queen sagged, closing her eyes with a sigh as she rubbed her head with both hands. It ached dully.

She ignored the presence as it tried to push through.

OOC: Queen's Quest members may now begin waking up.

• Upvote 1

IC:

Desdemona blinked, filing away as much of the information as she could. "Sooo..." she began, running her tongue along the side of her mouth and clicking it, "what is it you do? You never answered."

A shy grin, bashful; tinges of red dotted her cheeks, still exhilarated and a little panicked from being pulled out of the familiar confines of Sado...even a Sado prison cell.

"Sorry. I grew up into politics. I know evasion when I see it."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Yuh-huuuuuuuuuuuuh," the Chojo vocalized with a small, half-shaky laugh. "It's cool if you don't wanna tell me. Just...don't kick my with 'em, I guess? Please?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Lexa

Once more the conversation had rapidly flew past Lexa and she found herself feeling like an outsider once more. Everyone else came from such interesting worlds that probably weren't filled with nearly as much conflict as her own. The whole being thrown into another world to fight situation hadn't appeared to have shaken them up nearly as much as it had her. 

For now though she would simply watch this demonstration of powers. Perhaps the powers could prove useful in escaping. 

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC:

"The orientation spoke nothing of demonstrations being barred. I would think such a thing is allowed." The red-armored being said by way of answer, before casting her gaze about the room. She sought an item that was small and light, as well as something that would not traditionally break before such an item. After a few moments she settled on a couch pillow, given that she did not wish to cause overly much damage. Aeila placed it carefully on the floor, drawing Maodun from her back in a single smooth motion, and continuing into a swing that should have cleaved through the cloth object before reaching the floor beneath. Instead the blade was stopped the moment it touched the pillow, a jarring looking collision sending the blade all but rebounding.

"My ability is capable of two extremes. An absolute nullification of force, or an absolute force. The former will stop anything that touched an object imbued with it dead in its tracks, and the latter will not permit that which it is imbued within to be stopped by any means. Those who speak with a more purple prose have referred to them, not entirely inaccurately, as the unstoppable force, and the immovable object. Those who trained me called it 'Maodun Guanshu'; the imbued paradox."

fK5oqYf.jpg