BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

IC Kat:

OOC: Kat and Fear Itself are open for interaction.

IC: Terry Terrix (Steampunk Clockodile) - Arena.

As Fear Itself stomped past, Kat would notice that a particular chunk of rubble was making an ominous ticking noise....

• Upvote 1

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Velix:

Cool. They already had it made, and he had submitted it maybe five minutes ago? Velix grinned as a quick application of his Speed launched him up to the mech's hatch, and he climbed in. The dimly lit cockpit had two screens for displaying what the mech saw, and several joysticks and levers. Velix, grasping the control levers, moved toward a nearby building, hitting a button as he did. The Protosteel triblade slid down Breaking THunder's arm and the plasma coating activated.

OOC: Velix and Breaking Thunder Open for Interaction.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

The pulse blast exploded through the rubble to reveal what was sheltering behind it - a gigantic robot lizard demon. It lunged at Kat, bounding forwards and sending a blast of concentrated steam from its gaping maw. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: "hhhuuuuAHHHH!" Xaeraz cried out, sitting straight up on a workbench in the Engineering Sector, panting heavily and, well, not actually sweating, but he would if he could. He glanced around, before making an inexplicable noise of shock as he realized his right eye's field of vision had readouts on it. Reaching up with his left hand, he removed the mask from his face, turning it around to reveal that it was brand new, and equipped with a very handy eyepiece over the right side, as well as a vision correcting crystal on the left. He grinned and placed it back on his face, before swinging his new (Smooth! Quiet!) legs over the side of the workbench and stood up.

Immediately, the toa noticed his balance felt off. He raised his right arm to find it was, in fact, an arm once more, with a proper (albeit clawed) hand, and a small box he knew to be a second armblade. A quick test had both his weapons erupt out of their boxes with shocking speed, and collapsing in as quickly. However, when he went to flex the wing boxes on his back, he found nothing.

Well, not nothing. There was a set of apparatuses back there. The first one, as soon as he triggered it, set a pair of large, black wing snapping out, prompting a giddy laugh from the fe-toa. The wings retracted back into his pack as he mentally checked the other equipment. There was a set of engines in the "wingpack," ones he recognized as his own design. Apparently, the orgaizers had decided to let him give them a try in the arena.

A final examination found another crystal in his body, placed where a heartlight would ordinarily go, behind a transparent protoglass window to keep it safe. The Gem of Sickness pulsed eerily in his new body, although its presence actually made Xaeraz feel somewhat reassured, somehow.

Moving slowly to get used to his new form, Xaeraz made his way towards the entrance of the Engineering sector, pausing by a desk with a borred-looking toa with a wrench behind it. Turning and kneeling so as to not be standing too far above the other toa, he asked, "Hello, uh, Sir? I don't suppose you know where I could find the Queen, do you?"

• Upvote 2

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC:

Sweet Zataka on leg day.

"Wow, uh, that's sweet." Desdemona blinked at the sword a couple times and then stretched out her arms with two pops. "Well, uh...interest of fairness and all...and given that the last person who's ever been this friendly to me was a blind woman who was only doing her job...I figure I can show you what I can do. If you'll stand back..."

The Dasaka (what's a Psionics Toa? What was the difference? Was she a--no, no, that couldn't be right) took a step or two back before her guest could and rolled her wrists around once or twice before bringing her hands close together - and clapping.

Clap, clap.

From Desdemona's hands up to halfway along her slim forearms, a pale aura glowed, pulsed indigo, and brightened again. She stretched out her arms horizontally into a crucifix shape, and, smiling, decided to show off a little. The princess rolled her right shoulder slightly, sending the aura chasing along her collar and merging with the aura on her left arm. She did the same thing with her left shoulder, sending the Soulfire energy scurrying back to her right arm. With another two claps, it disappeared.

"That's just one of the disciplines," she explained self-consciously. "There are four. Nobody's been said to know more than three in thousands of years until...well...me. Accidentally. This one was the last I picked up. I'm best at Willhammer, though. Can I...show you? I promise I won't let it hurt."

When Aeila nodded her tentative approval, Des stepped forward and placed two fingers on both temples with a soft smile - it was purely for effect, but the physical touch tended to comfort some people, served to remind them that they weren't solely in their own head. The psychic adolescent chewed on the side of her mouth in thought - a quirk which Aeila would interpret twice, then three times, as deja vu briefly overwhelmed her senses. Then they were standing in an arena, and Desdemona was no longer in front of her but perched on her shoulders, legs wrapped around her collar. Both of her forearms were glowing again, except they no longer pulsed; her crystal gauntlets were gathering up indigo energy, and Desdemona's hardset face broke into a manic grin.

"YUSAAAAAAAAAAANORA! LET'S GET IT GOIN', BABE!" she cried triumphantly, bringing her hands together in one ferocious clap. From the conjoined hands burst a Kanohi Dragon, long and winding, resplendent in the indigo colors of the Soulfire that channeled it a--

--nd she was back in the apartment, with Des blushing and pulling her fingers away. She took a few steps back and scratched at the back of her head.

"Sorry. Got a little imaginative there. That's...Yusanora. She's my real Soulfire construct."

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC Velix:

OOC: Velix and Breaking Thunder Open for Interaction.

IC: Xara (Tonitrui) - Arena.

A flash of movement, and I leapt into the air, firing a blast from my fragmentation cannon at the enemy mech as I came down towards it. I'd karzed up, big time, in the last round, by losing sight of what I was supposed to be fighting for.

Not this time. I would do better. I owed it to Maccha, and Venix, and Kat, and everyone else. 

GM IC: DREISEN - ENGINEERING

Dreisen glanced over to Xaeraz, smirking.

"So he awakens," the Toa replied. "I hope you like the new body. Technically, I could have had my engineers build an approximation of the body you had before, but... well, I'm gonna be frank here. I looked over the profile that the Host did up for you, and your old body was a piece of Muaka dung. This one is much better. Of course, if you don't like it, then that's too bad and you'll just have to suck it up like the rest of us, because this place sucks."

He shrugged, reaching over to his wrench and frowning as he tried - and failed - to straighten it out. He quickly gave up with a frustrated sigh.

"Yeah, I guess the Queen would want to speak with you," he continued, "although why you would want to speak with her is beyond me. Usually when people get beheaded, they die. No second chances to regret following someone like her around. She's a class-A b- ah, but I suppose I should play nice."

• Upvote 1

IC:

"Those are... Impressive psychic abilities, Lady Desdemona." Aeila nodded slightly, processing what she had 'seen'. The Dasaka's abilities were indeed extremely impressive. She had familiarity with psychic abilities, and a degree of success with defending against them, but there was no doubt that the Chojo's abilities could be fearsome.

"Your Soulfire and Willhammer disciplines alone are comparable to a skilled Ce-Toa."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"Aww. Thanks! You're the expert, I guess." Desde's brow furrowed. "So...what, there are Toa like me? Just...wandering around?"

She looked around for one, as if they had been hiding in this room for her entire life.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Vinra

Vinra took shelter behind a pile of rubble. Now was as good a time as any to see if there were more around. Another RRADAR pulse was put out. And, sure enough, there was some registered movement. Someone leaping in the air. Of course. A horrible play unless you did so by surprise...and they weren't going after Vinra.

The rm -rf /* stood, and slowly crept around the rubble pile, just in time to see the Tonitrui fall towards another mech. Brilliant timing. The thrusters along Vinra's mech fired, and she took of at incredible speeds, speeds only beaten by that of a Kakama. Hopefully neither mech would see her coming.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC:

"Ce-Toa do not practice their abilities as disciplines. Rather... Their elemental affinity is the mind. They control, manipulate, and affect it in much the same way a fire elemental would their own element."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: "Honestly, sir, I'd rather get beheaded a second time than have never been brought here at all, given where I come from," Xaeraz replied, rolling his shoulders to get used to the feel of his new body. "As for the new body, well, it's a thing of beauty. Better than anything I could put together in Karzahni, and leagues better than the bandaid machine I had that I cobbled together from scraps." He paused, thinking back with a bit of nostalgia towards his old body.

"I noticed the engines on the wingpack are of a design I developed, oh, it had to have been about six hundred years ago. I just never had the time or resources to make them after everything went to slag. So, ah, thanks for proving the design wasn't completely insane of me."

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC:

"Well, that's what we do...!...sorta!" Des blinked in curiosity. "Man, there's a lot of cool out in the world after all. I never even got to see the border of Sado."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"It's the center of the Kentoku Archipelago, the crown jewel of Zuto Nui's eye! It's the most beautiful place in the world," Des said earnestly. "I've lived there all my life, so I would know. I mean...not that I was ever off its crystal before this...but it has to be the most beautiful!"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

"Heh, no problem," Dreisen replied. "I was hired to oversee Engineering for a reason, even if I want to kill myself more with every boring second I spend here. I've been known to do the... well, others call it the impossible, but I don't really believe that's true. After all, if it were impossible, then how have I done it?"

He shrugged, waving the issue away with his hand. "You came from a bad spot, I guess? I did too, at first. Thought it was a boon, my first tournament. Stealing a wrench, learning how to fight and fend for myself; when they dropped me back off in my own universe, I was able to deal with nearly all of my problems. Got myself a nice life in exile before I was pulled in again. That second run... that was when I became disenchanted."

The Toa cracked his knuckles, seeming perturbed before he glanced back to Xaeraz

"Queen's probably still in the Medical Bay with the others you came back with," he continued. "I dunno what you and your crew did on that quest that left you with no body, two of your number MIA, and the Queen of all people bleeding out and so exhausted that she collapsed upon arrival, but it's nothing good. And if it has anything to do with these..."

Dreisen trailed off, placing two gems that Xaeraz would immediately recognize as Infinite Gems on the desk. He gave Xaeraz a significant look that suggested he knew about the gem that Xaeraz held.

"...I suggest you untangle yourself from that web as soon as possible."

IC Kat:

I'd been right, and my Physics shield had been up.

The steam blasted against it and back upon the reptilian terror, but the mech itself could not be repulsed so easily with such a large field.

I pushed out with it, adding the strength of my arms to the repulsion field's power.

IC:

"... I am afraid, Lady Desdemona, that these are more terms I do not know." Aeila paused a moment, pivoting so as to include the Vortixx in her field of vision as well. The warrior gave an apologetic bow, before straightening and clasping her hands behind her back. "I apologize, Ms. Rial. I was distracted by these new quantities of information."

"I am afraid I cannot consider my own abilities too incredible. Merely unusual."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Zuto Nui's our great spirit," she informed the ProtoToa. "She and her sister Zataka,are sisters who keep balance and harmony over the Empire. Zuto Nui is the protector of virtue, unity, and honor, and her sister Zataka is the goddess of temptation and masculinity. She has a really famous left t--"

CLAMP DOWN DES

"Sorry Lexa," she said apologetically. "I get carried away easily. I don't meet new people often!"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Silvanni

You know someone got lazy. 

Again.

I'm not naming names here, but someone got really lazy.

So I'm not in this fight. 

Even though I could have been.

I could have had a robot. 

That would have been great you know?

Why am I returning after each though. 

This is dumb. Anyway I'm sure a robot would have satisfied my boredom. Ah well there was still THE SHOPKEEPER. 

Maybe he'd noticed I was talking this time. 

"Hey SHOPKEEP, how are you? May I inquire once more as towards your name, for you see I was Shopkeeper A in my last world."

Maybe he'd hear me this time. Depends on the attentiveness of that guy with a brow. 

IC: Lexa

Lexa found herself surprised by the sudden gesture of politeness. "No, no," Lexa protested as she put up her hands, "Compared to stuff I've seen it really is incredible. You make something unstoppable, that's really impressive." 

Already a little flustered by Aeila's politeness, Lexa was  taken aback even more when Des started speaking to her as well. "No it's fine Ms. Des, I haven't talked to that many people either. In fact I've rarely talked to more than one person at a time." 

Edited by Sora Tryon

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC: "You've got Infinite Gems too?" Xaeraz said, mildly surprised. "I'm going to gout on a limb and guess you didn't have to hunt for yours. I mean, I wasn't out hunting for Sickness here, either, but it didn't just fall into my lap. But, uh, it did have something to do with gems." He sighed and shook his head sadly.

"Not a good voyage, by any means. We had a man turn traitor and attempt to kill the Queen and I, although that may have been my fault due to some needless goading. He might still be alive down in those tunnels. Our other missing comrade, however, is dead. Killed in our final confrontation." A small, heavy pause hung in the air as Xaeraz paid a moment of respect to Nocton.

"...Sorry, I've not properly introduced myself. I'm Xaeraz, former toa of Iron, although I'm guessing you already knew all that from the Host's file on me." He stuck out his right hand (He had a right hand!) to shake, a small smile on his face. "Although, I usually just say toa of rust instead."

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Miril - Lower Hallways.

Having explored the upper floor for a while, I headed down to the next level, which seemed to just be one giant circular hallways that ran around the circumference of the arena. There were doors, but none of them would open. Interesting...

Wincing at the intense heat of the steam being thrown back in his face, Terry rammed the Clockodile agaisnt the enemy's shield, digging his mech's clawed back feet into the sandy ground and shoving out with the head and upper limbs.

As he did, he focused his elemental ability on the sand underneath the enemy mech. It was rough, uneven and grainy, not the perfect material for forming a tread, but it slowly began to slide backwards nonetheless, which would hopefully make it more difficult for Fear Itself to maintain its footing. 

And through all of the chaos, the steady tick-tick-ticking of the Clockodile continued....

Edited by Locus

IC:

"I see." The acknowledgement of Des' explanation was accompanied by a nod, then a slight pivot of the head to address Lexa once more. "Truthfully, the scope of my abilities is rather limited. Their effectiveness primarily comes from proper use of them during combat. Unstoppable is only helpful if a strike will hit, immovable only helpful if one can be blocked."

fK5oqYf.jpg

GM IC: THE SHOPKEEPER

The Shopkeeper returned to his stall, turning to Silvanni.

"My name?" he asked. "Ya can call me Tronameg, aye. Cap'n Tronameg if ya like, bu' I haven' bin called tha' in a long time. Mos' people jus' call me the Shopkeeper, an' tha's fine by me."

Dreisen chuckled as he shook Xaeraz's hand.

"I am Dreisen, Toa of Magnetism... and artificial Toa of Iron," he said. "I would say that I'm sorry about your friend, but... well, I'm not. I didn't know them, after all. Hard to miss something - or someone - when you never knew they existed. But you're correct, I didn't have to hunt for my gems. The Host used them to bribe me into taking this position. It worked like a charm and now I'm stuck here."

Edited by Lucina

IC(fishers): fishers heard the sound of rock crumbling not too far away. Ooo goody. A flick of a lever sent Dr. Bundy toward the scene, only to see a huge...scary...thing get attacked by a giant crocodile. Yikes. Well, that applied to Fear Itselffor obvious reasons. The crocodile was funny - and if the contestants could hear through their cockpits, they might hear fishers' nervous laughter. 

But not for long, because fishers activated Dr. Bundy's twin grenade launchers. If the mech pilots were paying attention, they might notice two grenades heading for Fear Itself's legs. She also pushed the lever to power up the mech's cannon. 

OOC: For reference, fishers is approaching Terry Terrix's and Kat's conflict from the left side of the rubble wall that Kat just busted, revealing Terry. Dr. Bundy is located about 45 degrees left from Terry's back, and is in plain view.  

Attacking Kat's mech with grenades, possibly posing a hazard to Terry. 

Edited by fishers64

IC: Naona (Kid) ~ Knowledge Sector

One.

Two.

Three.

Breathe.

One.

Two.

Three.

Breathe.

One.

Two.

Three.

Breathe.

"I killed someone."

Yes I did.

"I can't go home."

I can't.

"I ..."

don't know what to do.

"I ... I don't want to just ..."

sit around uselessly.

But what can she do?

She will think of something.

Maybe.

She doesn't hope anymore.

She just wants to survive.

IC: "Well, now I'm jealous. I'd seriously maim for artificially granted Iron at this point," Xaeraz replied with a small laugh. "Really, three centuries without your element makes the minor novelty of it get old fast." he sighed and gave Dreisen one last nod, pulling himself back up to his full, freakish height at long last.

"Well, Dreisen, it was a pleasure meeting you, and your workspace. It's quite impressive, easily equal to the workshops we had on Nynrah. Although, your number three power hammer is broken. The main exterior wheel looks cracked, and the head looks misaligned. A simple fix, if you have the right tools." Xaeraz spared a glance at Dreisen's wrench, then continued, "But, I think I had best be going. Kopen's going to want to know I made it. And the Queen probably will, too."

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC Kat:

Karz, if he wanted by me so bad, all he had to do was ask.

With a twist, we shifted the Physics shield, stepping backwards and to the left, letting the crocodilian mech move past, bringing my Pulse Cannon to bear once more, and blasting away.

I shifted the Physics Shield to a smaller, more powerful field.

... And felt two small explosions send shock waves through the legs of... Well, me, and not me.

Great, I had company.

Edited by Chumpu

The mech stumbled forwards, and Terry felt the thud of the grenades as they exploded between himself and the other mech, throwing up an explosion of sand between him and Fear Itself. Unable to properly see its target, the pulse cannon shots went wide, narrowly missing the Clockodile

When it cleared, he saw a second mech - probably the one who'd fired the grenades in the first place - standing near the rubble he'd been hiding behind earlier. "Why don' ya mind you own bloooddeee bus'ness?" his voice - drunken and slurred - probably sounded ridiculous coming from the Clockodile's gaping toothy maw, "Go fund yaw oon fight!"  

He was about to continue, when he realised something: the ticking had stopped. At the press of a button, his perception of time seemed to slow. He jumped forwards, twisting around and lashing out with the Clockodile's metal-plated tail at Fear Itself's legs. 

The entire motion literally happened in the duration of an eyeblink. 

IC: Virse - Arena

After a few shaky footsteps, the Wrath was striding through the ruins, searching for its first target.

IC: The Puppetmaster (Baterra Nui) - Arena.

Hidden behind a hardlight screen that perfectly matched the rest of his surroundings, the Puppetmaster waited until the mech was almost past him before reaching out with psionics, Can you hear me? 

Edited by Locus

IC(fishers): "Because life is so much better with a box of chocolates." fishers said, firing Dr. Bundy's cannon. A large cannonball blasted from the top, heading straight for the top of Fear Itself. Shortly thereafter, the Ko-Matoran pulled two levers backward, and the mech's legs swung forward, carrying it straight backward, away from the quick and trendy explosion. She checked in the over her shoulder for lightning bolts. 

IC Kat:

Were it a smaller mech, I might have been sent flat on my behind.

As it was, my legs let out a resounding clang, and I stumble forward, stepping onto and over the Clockodile if it didn't move.

And might I remind you. This thing is big. With wide feet, perfect for stomping on things low to the ground.

In the final instants before the time distortion ability wore off, the Clockodile twisted around and Terry saw the cannonball flying towards the Fear Itself's back. He reared up to meet the foot coming down towards him, aiming simply to make sure the cannonball hit its target. 

IC: Virse - Arena

The Wrath paused, and the head wheeled around, searching for the source of the voice. Nothing... until she checked her Infrared scanners. A wall was giving off more heat than it should have, but she pretended not to notice, only keeping her cannon pointed in its general direction.

What do you want? she sent back over the mental link.

IC: Sesdec - Arena

Hark! The sounds of noble combat! Sesdec remained hidden within his building to listen to the progress. That is, until a third mech marched past his doorway, bound for the same battle already in progress. Explosions rocked the area soon afterwards.

This was not honorable combat, finding an opponent already engaged and attacking in an attempt to overwhelm them! 'Twas time to attack to preserve honor in this tournament!

With but a rustle of pages, the Polyhydra slipped from its hiding place and crept along the ground towards the interloping ramshackle machine. Its forelimbs trembled, ready to put up a shield as the mech fired should he be discovered, while the sides folded up into a pair of blades aimed for the knee joints.

OOC: Polyhydra attacking fishers' Mr. Bundy.

IC: Kopen - Med Bay

There was no great change, only a transition from sleep to consciousness. Kopen had no eyes to open.

All the events of the Queen's Quest seemed like a faraway dream. Here she was, rested and healed, on a soft bed. She wasn't even sore from all the walking they had done. And yet... something felt different, though she couldn't quite put her finger on it.

Kopen rolled over, listening to the sounds of her clicking joints as they bounded around the room. She could hear again. The beds of the med bay, some occupied by sleeping contestants, were as clear to her as they had ever been. And that was even better than being out of that awful cave.

The Queen had already sat up a few beds away, but the others were all still resting. Kopen looked closer at each of the beds, searching for one person in particular. None of the beds were filled by his ungainly form, or even a severed head.

"W-where's... Xaeraz?" she whispered hoarsely.

Edited by Click
  • Upvote 4

IC Kat:

Terry would find the weight of both mechs was simply too much for even the Clockodileto support. Luckily, I kept going, relieving the brief but intense pressure as I spun once more, raising the Physics Shield to intercept the cannonball, sending it rebounding right back at Mr. Bundy.

I fired the Pulse Cannon at the Clockodile once more, hoping more to get some breathing room than anything, though the shot is well aimed.

Karz, I hated 2 on 1s.

IC: The Puppetmaster (Baterra Nui) - Arena.

Knowledge, of course, he sent, relishing in the fully-established mental link, what else would I be interested in?

_________________________________________________________________________________________

The moment the krekkamech took its focus away from the Clockodile to deflect the cannonball, Terry lunged for its leg, aiming to clamp the Clocks's crushing jaws down on its calf in order to cripple it. 

Edited by Locus