BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

Ic Nocton:

Sensing the disturbances in the shadow up ahead, Nocton dissipated the shadow, but kept the Silence field on. As a roboticist, he instantly recognized the Keerakh and Zadakh. Grinding to a halt, he looked around for Von Worten.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Tomo

"That's the same reaction I had when you announced your name."

"Protip: most of everybody here comes from a different universe, with different people, different powers, a different history, etc. In some universe, Matoran don't even exist. The only thing that seems to be constant between all of our universes is that we are biomechanical or come from a universe with biomechanical beings."

IC: Von Worten (Queen's Quest)

My body responded poorly to my breathless running, and I soon found myself stumbling to my knees. I sucked deeply at the air, desperate to fill my lungs.

I almost stopped when visibility returned.

The sheer surprise of my sudden ability to see was enough for the temporary halt, but if it were not for my body's desperate need of air, I would have stopped longer upon seeing the mechanical creatures. I knew nothing of their purpose or function, but I could only imagine that they sought to harm us. Either they just happened to appear at this moment, or we had tripped the alarm system anyway. Either way, I could see no means of avoiding them.

Fighting them, however, would prove difficult. I was still in the process of recovering, and I could not think of any effective attack on my part. My mask my prove useful, but short of trying to telekinetically crush them (a difficult, if not impossible, prospect), I could not think of a way to use my psionic abilities against the mechanical creatures.

I crawled behind Nocton; a cowardly move, perhaps, but I was not trying to impress anyone. He was more fit to fight these things, and I might be able to help him.

I tried to ignore a familiar taste in my mouth.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

IC: Halken growled and brough his fists up, an unusual anger flowing through his body. He cracked his neck and said, "Ilyin, my good man, deal with Langmuir for me, would you? I can handle Mirror." Halken cleared his throat, boomed, "Langmuir, do be a gent and tell me something! How does it feel to know your stratagem of choice will not work here??" and triggered his Disabling power. As long as he continued to threaten him, Langmuir would be able to use neither his mask nor his element, and that was how Halken liked it.

IC: Fia stumbled back from the blow as she was hit in the shoulder by a wave of off-target force, then a blast of lightning. She snarled in pain and fury, but settled as Hound restrained her foe. The fa-toa folded her arms and glared at Ardian, her gaze feeling fierce enough to boil water and melt steel.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Skull Carrier - Commercial Sector --> The Infirmary (where is that even located?) --> Hall outside infirmary

"Still, at least try to steer clear of anything that might look important to someone," he replied, his spiders just now returning to his side having finished with their assignment. "I might as well bring this to the local witch doctors, if only to give the poor fool who lost it some closure."

With that, he tucked the limb under his arm and left the ruined cafeteria. Upon arrival to the infirmary sector, he unceremoniously left the arm in the care of a nurse and turned to leave.

(Skull Carrier open to interaction)

Edited by Drakua Toa of Rahi

waffleman2010.png

*Click Banner to go to the Sikza Spriting Kit topic

"Yeah, well..."

Tomo swallowed. This explanation is always so awkward...

"I'm not actually a Matoran." Tomo briefly removed her mask to reveal what was essentially an empty box, with a green mist (antidermis) leaking out. Quickly putting her mask back on, she explained further. "I'm what my creators called a 'gaseous antidermis light-elemental entity', or a 'Makuta'. As far as I know though, most of the other universe's Makuta are shadow-elemental jerks..."

IC: Naona ~ Comfort Sector

Imagine a world where the Makuta is the embodiment of all evil, the being who could easily end your life with a simple thought. His reach is nigh-unlimited, his forces everywhere. He represents all that goes bump in the night. The numero uno of darkness. And indeed, from where young Naona comes, he has brought the entire island into a Dark Time. An unassailable, horrifying force. It would be simpler to describe him as the Devil, but that would not accurately portray the plights of the Mata Nuians. At least the Devil does not actively seek to subjugate you.

At least the Devil can be stopped by God.

They don't have a God.

She could have fought. Maybe. But what could a child do to the Devil? Cry? Spit in his face?

She didn't want to die.

She didn't want to die in an unknown world.

So she ran.

As far as she could.

• Upvote 5

"..."

Tomo sat down.

"Does she have a pathological fear of Makuta or something?" Tomo wondered aloud. "I mean, I've heard that quite a few Makuta in most universes were really bad people, but... This kinda reaction is kinda unwarranted..."

Tomo considered going after the fleeing Po-Toa, but decided against it. Her presence would probably scare the newcomer even more.

"Hopefully whoever she runs into next can explain things for her..."

Getting up, Tomo wandered into the commercial sector, looking for somebody she could trust with a scared newcomer.

Edited by One-Eyed Construct

IC - Ardian (Training Sector):

Ardian's head bobbed slightly as he stared at the floor. It took him several moments to register that the blood on the floor was dripping from his nose. Still, there was fight left in him; "If you do not..." he started to speak weakly to Hound, "release me... I will be forced... to interpret your... interference... as an act... of aggression." He would have made good on the threat, too, except that he happened to slip into unconsciousness as he was finishing the sentence. Incidentally, this would have been a poor time to release him, as he went limp in the Denuian's arms. Meanwhile, blood continued to drip from his nose, due to his being quite clearly concussed.

IC - Lierdon (Comfort Sector):

Lierdon exited the cafeteria, entering the Comfort Sector, with the aim of taking another look at the room he had appeared in. Just as he entered the area, however, another Toa (Naona) rounded a corner, running blindly towards him for all she was worth.

"Woah there!" He called out, subtly increasing his hunch by enough to put his eyes at the same level as those of the Po-Toa. "Is something wrong, miss?" He asked, having every appearance of being a kindly old Skakdi.

Edited by Colonel Roy Mustang

"Makuta," was all she could babble. All she wanted to do was run. Get away. Maybe she wasn't thinking straight, but there was the Makuta. Somewhere behind her. She needed to escape. She needed to run. Hide. She intellectually knew that a Guard shouldn't act like this. Intellectually. But her mind was going haywire and there was no time but just run.

IC: Xara - Training Sector. 

"You should probably get him to the medical bay," I pointed at the being slumped in the big guy's grip. "As for you...." I turned to the fighter who was still conscious, my tone apologetic, "...sorry about the lightning."

I tried to remain polite. "I hope you don't mind me asking why exactly were you two trying to kill each other?" 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Oh, ouch. Ah, sorry sir." Tomo glanced around before turning back to the bumpee.

"Uh... What's your name...? And, uh, are you good with, uh, scared newcomers? I was interacting with one but she ran off when I told her that, uh, I was a Makuta, soooooo... ... Yeah."

IC: Mirror - Gem of Disunity Tunnel

His wide eyes fixed on the Skakdi opposite him, and he tried to bring his blade up between them. He wouldn't stand a chance against... well, anyone, and this wasn't the Arena. Death was permanent.

"H-Halken," Mirror stammered, "W-w-we d-don't need to d-do this! The Gem is s-s-somewhere in h-here, I'm sure! We d-don't have it!"

IC: Virse - Training Sector

Virse's sword fell to the ground in a shower of glass, as she suddenly jumped up and to Nine's side as he went unconscious. "I'll take him," she mumbled to the silver... whatever it was. It didn't even look like something sentient.

IC: Fia growled under her breath, before realizing the rahk in front of her was actually speaking and being polite. This was unusual, but she'd finally met someone treating her as an equal. it was...pleasant, loathe as she was to say it to herself. She sighed and said, "...I dislike Av-toa as a rule. He was being particularly insufferable, so I lost my temper, as I tend to do a whole karzing lot."

There was an awkward pause before she grumbled, "I've had worse than that lightning," and gestured to her legs dismissively.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Sudrec

"I wouldn't recommend attacking Hound..." Sudrec started to say to Ardian, but then he slowly sat down, eventually resting his face in his hands.

Wow, I really made an of myself just then. Ugh... So embarrassed.

And I got kicked around by a stage 2 worker drone? Uuuuuuuuuuuuugh...

"... Yeah. It would be best if everybody just stopped fighting and resumed their work program or sang kumbaya or something...

Sudrec perked up at Fia's statement.

"Was there an error in the Av-Toa's personality programming - uh, umm... I mean, were Av-Toa jerks in your universe?"

"Av-Toa...." I suppressed a shudder, "....I don't blame you. But the people in charge of this place don't seem to appreciate us killing each other outside of the arena. Settle your grudges in the next round." 

We all had to play by the rules here if any of us hoped to get out of this place alive....

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: "I wasn't going to kill him," Fia snapped back, still slightly shocked that she was having a conversation with a rahk. But they'd already found common ground, and that was a rarity, Fia found. "Just injure him, make him think twice about being so high and mighty like all his kind are."

She turned to Sudrec and replied, "Av-toa all have egos the size of Destral, and believe themselves to be better than the rest of us. We're forced to suffer in silence while they take all the working masks, all the decent provisions, and hide in Metru Nui while the rest of the universe slowly cannibalizes itself. To say they're jerks is like saying I get a little snippy sometimes, which, as you can obviously tell, is a bit of a karzing understatement!"

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

"Makuta?" Lierdon echoed. That certainly didn't seem to explain the situation; the worst thing the Makuta did in his universe was... well, nothing. The Makuta did pretty much nothing in his universe. So the simple word "Makuta" seemed to him to have little to do, logically, with the Toa of Stone's panicked state. In a rare display of good will (actually, it was more of a manipulation kind of thing, but he did that subconsciously, anymore), he activated his vision power, focusing on the Toa in an effort to make her more trusting of him. "No need to be afraid," he whispered soothingly, as he set a hand on her shoulder. He still had no idea what was upsetting her, so he took an (un)educated guess. "You're just a bit shell-shocked, is all," he continued, operating under the assumption that the source of her current terror was her being abducted from her own universe. "We all are. You'll be okay."

Edited by Colonel Roy Mustang

"Okay. Not sure if you're aware of this, but everyone here is from different worlds," a few days ago, I'd still been struggling to get my head around the concept, but here I was, trying to explain it to someone else. "The Av-Toa here aren't the ones from your home."

Edited by Roman Torchwick

"... Wow. Uh, I'm sorry." Sudrec blinked. "On behalf of the Great Beings of your universe, I apologize for making Av-Toa so, uh, evil. I can assure you that this was not what they intended but it doesn't, uh, change the fact that they - I mean we - messed up big time..." Sudrec looked down, as if he was vicariously experiencing the failures of his alternate brothers and sisters. "What happened to your world though? Was there a malfunc - natural disaster?"

IC Oinez - Commercial Sector

Makuta? "You don't look like any of the makuta."

IC Langmuir - Disunity

Behind me, two swords make a clanging noise as they fall to the ground. I quickly attempt manipulation of them to confirm my suspicions; power cancelling abilities. "You have an interesting ability, Halken. But, do not mistake it for a trump card."

...but close to it

Tomo blinked.

Then she triggered her shapeshifting power.

It looked like Tomo was molting her skin and reabsorbing it while a new shell came out.

When she finished, there was a sixteen-foot titan standing where that little Matoran had been

"The Makuta from my universe have the ability to change their physical shape and attributes, Tomo explained. "Um, is it different where you come from?"

IC Kat:

I strode up beside Xara, "These Av-Toa you're talking about sound more like Makuta than Toa. Granted, most toa see us and immediatley assume the worst, so I can't say they're much better."

I nodded at Xara's sentiments.

"That's true, There's all sorts from all places here...."

IC: "I can be forgiven a few karzing deep-set biases," Fia growled at Xara, her eyes narrowing. "Especially when one of their kind cost me my legs. I do hope that's not an issue for you, Rahk." She paused, grumbled to herself, and said, "Unless you have a name, that is."

She turned to Sudrec and replied, "Whatever. The Great Beings don't care about us anyway. Our masks don't work, our universe is doomed. I wouldn't give a Kavinka's behind if one of them personally yelled in my face. They slagged us, so I say they can stay the karz away from me."

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Deep breaths. Trust the being (Skakdi? She had encountered a number of recently arrived ones) implicitly. You are safe in his presence. This is a different world. But that is fine.

Makuta.

Makuta's somewhere nearby. Need to run.

But it is safe here.

Run?

Why?

The Makuta is here.

But it is safe.

Why is it safe?

It is a different world?

Why?

Why am I not running?

Because it is safe.

Why is it safe?

Because you are in his presence.

Who is-

Within the midst of her warring emotions, her primalfear, her sorrow and grief and the machinations of the Skakdi before her, the part of her that was completely, one hundred percent willpower forced herself to think.

Why am I running?

Makuta.

Why is it safe here?

Because of the Skakdi.

Why do I feel so empty?

Because you are no longer home.

Why does the Skakdi numb these feelings?

Likely because he did some-

"What did you do?" she said immediately, her eyes focusing and narrowing upon Lierdon.

• Upvote 4

IC Oinez - Commercial Sector

Oinez was a quiet man, not the type given to sudden exclamations or expressions of emotions. His sole rejoinder to such a threat was to covertly manifest his guardian, it stood tall behind him. Invisible, but poised to act. "Please," he spoke as resolutely as he could. "Change back. Please."

...but close to it

"My name is Xara," I said warily, "and if there's one thing I've learned, it's that it's best to exercise restraint in an unfamiliar situation," I gestured to Kat, "it's why the two of us haven't gone around attacking all of the Makuta in this place." 

Sudrec slowly slumped over at Fia's description of her universe.

"I guess your world's Heremus really phoned some programs in... It was supposed to work optimally for at least 100000 years, with 50000 years worth of reserve power..." Sudrec began mumbling again.

Sudrec sighed.

"... Yeah. I guess your attitude can be sympathized with."

Sudrec looked blankly at the wall.

EDIT:

Tomo blinked again.

Then she shifted back into her Matoran form.

"... This is awkward..."

IC: "Xara, it's...good to meet you, even if I don't understand why rahkshi would hate Makuta," Fia said, feeling a bit annoyed at herself. "And I assume your companion here has a name, too?" she asked nodding to Kat.

There was an awkward pause as Fia awkwardly shifted on her blades before shifting them back to boots. She was unused to being this polite, but the rah-Xara, she had a name- had a point. Restraint was probably for the best, here.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

That was quick, he thought, blinking once. He supposed it made sense to feel suspicious of an irrational positive feeling towards a stranger.

"I'm making an attempt to calm you," the Skakdi replied, making a mental note to not begin using his power at 100% next time. "As you are now speaking coherently, I can only assume that it worked." He lowered the intensity of his ability to a level just high enough that she would, hopefully, believe him.

IC: Virse - Training Sector

She paused for a moment in her preparations to get Nine out of there before he could be further injured. Her eyes blazed and fists clenched at the words they spoke. They were defaming all that she held sacred with their drivel. She would have reeled on them. She would have screamed at them to cease their blasphemy. She might even have fought them.

But... what was this about different worlds? Truly, her home was a varied place, but could these beings have come from... elsewhere entirely? She couldn't wrap her mind around the concept. No, there had to be somewhere she had not seen, somewhere where spiny suits of armor spoke and beings freely cursed the name of the Great Beings. She could not decry their philosophies without making enemies, but perhaps, over time, she could bring them to the light the Great Beings had brought their lowly race.

She could show restraint, though it was the most difficult thing she had ever done. She could remain silent as she carefully slid the unconscious Av-Toa from Hound's grip. She lifted him up in both arms, thankful she still had her natural Po-Toa strength, and turned back to the others.

"I take my leave," she said simply, giving a quick nod to each of those who had attempted to stop the fight, though her eyes hardly lifted from the ground. She could not hold the righteous anger there back. So she turned and walked off towards the Medical Bay.

"Let's just say we have our fair share of reasons to hate the Makuta, and leave it at that."