BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

IC: "Kat," Fia said with a nod, folding her arms. Her glare had softened as she found herself actually appreciating a civil conversation for once. I should kick Av-Toa behind more often, she thought to herself. It does wonders for my temper.

"I can respect that, Xara," she said. "I'm of a similar opinion about Dark Hunters.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC Kat:

I let my hand drop somewhat awkwardly. Never had gotten used to people not wanting to touch a Fear Rahkshi like myself.

"Well, when you're lorded over by a Makuta who basically runs your whole life day in and day out, treating you like some tool to be used...."

I trailed off, the implications were clear enough.

I shrugged, gesturing to Xara, "We ended up doing a Rebellion."

-==IC: The Enforcer==-

The Enforcer frowned, as they turned and caught a glimpse of the devastation in the sector. They quickly dropped the field around the Av-Toa, and glared back toward the two robots.

"So, let me get this straight. You fired missiles in a civilian-filled area, to try and hit two targets in front of you, to 'rescue' a malfunctioning Vahki, which was already being carried off." The Enforcer scowled, as they stepped in front of the robots, and then looked down. "No. That does not fly for me. Both of you will get a deduction of three lives." The Enforcer stated coldly, as they swung their sword out, and sliced through the guns to make them temporarily dysfunctional. "Go to the medbay, maybe they can help you with that." The Enforcer said, as they turned around, an annoyed look as they took in the destruction once again. "But I also feel you might need some experience in restraint."

• Upvote 6

IC: Xara - Training Sector. 

"Dakr Hunters...." I mused, "...you've had a bit of hands-on experience with them, haven't you Kat?" 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Kuro/Commercial Sector

I found the Enforcer dealing with two robots in the Foodcourt. I waited till he was done talking, and walked up to him.

"Uh, sir? I think I found something you'd like to see."

OOC: Again. I nominate Kuro as a peacekeeper. Just in case that got lost in the OOC Topic.

IC: Naona ~ Comfort Sector

"Do not do that again," was the reply.

No one else was permitted to do anything to her mind or emotions. They were hers and hers alone.

Though it had helped, she could admit. There was still a wide gaping hole inside her heart, but she thought she could handle the fact better now. That she was in a different world.

How long it could last she did not know.

"And um, thanks," added Naona quietly.

"Was that before or after he.... ahem.... disarmed you?" 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Fia laughed for the second time, a bit more pleasant than the first time. She gave Kat a small smile and said, "I like you, Kat. Fighting Makuta and kicking the slag out of Dark Hunters? You're a rahkshi after my own heartlight." She paused, and went on, "Sorry about the handshake. I don't shake hands." She held one fist out so Kat and Xara could see the knuckle bolts with frosty air flowing down from them.

"Kind of makes things a bit more karzing trouble than they're worth."

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Kale Ironshaper- Commercial Sector

IC: With a short nod of thanks Kale was turning away just as quickly as the Enforcer was. Moving at the same time as he replied to Riss, he said. "Clone mask right? In that case split up and go over the wounded. I know it's gruesome but I need you to number them on the forehead. One is critical, needs attention right away. Two is going to be somebody who can wait a bit for medical attention. Once you are done please start moving any patients who have been stabilized to the medical bay."

Turning to the Strange beings with a spider on his face Kale continued talking. "If silk is all that makes up your webs, than yes. Please try to deal with those who are only bleeding, I and anyone else with proper medical knowledge will deal with the rest."

With that he was off, his mask causing him to blur from shape to groaning shape on the ground. Bones were mended and bleeding stopped as the soft glow of his rather unique for of healing filled the air.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC Oinez - Commercial Sector

"A long time ago, the Makuta worked with and for us matoran, alongside the Toa and Skakdi, they protected us and labored to enrich our lives. Through study of the Root, they eventually completed an apotheosis beyond our plain of existence. Twelve of them now exist outside time and are inscrutable to our minds, so their actions may appear chaotic at times. The other three chose to maintain their physical forms and serve as a leader, scholar and teacher."

...but close to it

IC: Riss snapped a salute and all but yelled, "Sir!" As Kale turned to address another being, Riss turned and activated her mask, summoning a dozen versions of herself into the space. Before any of them could ask, Riss Prime what giving them all instructions in the odd, shrill language they had used during Mahri Nui. There was brief chattering amongst the clones, but they quickly split up, finding as many wounded as they could and rapidly marking them with the numbers Kale (And, by extension, Riss) had instructed.

There were far too many ones, the singers found.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

"I've never been big on handshakes," I said dismissively, "too personal." 

IC: Fall.

A nigh-immaculate, white-gloved fist buried itself in Damaka's gut, causing the younger Toa's lungs to violently expel any air they had left.

FALL.

It's counterpart crashed home into the side of his head in a viciously tight and sharp hook, visibly shaking the stubborn young man to the core and sending him stumbling back in an incoherent daze.

FALL!

The Prince of Light ended the latest in a long line of textbook combinations he had landed on this impudent boy with the kind of leg kicks that would make Jose Aldo, their patron god, smile with unbridled glee. The force of the impact from his noble shin, aside from further discoloring the already ugly purple bruise that dominated the outside of the scarf-wearing fool's thigh, sent his already shaky-at-best balance to the next dimension.

A seemingly thunderous, face first crash onto the mat is what followed, and between measured breaths, Vegetoa allowed himself a satisfied chuckle.

"Now do you know your place?"

Short, sharp breaths replied. Sounded about right. After all, when Prince Vegetoa himself decides to rework your diaphragm for you, the effects can be rather drastic.

The predatory baring of teeth that in some circles might be called a grin widened over the regal Av-Toa's face.

That was, until the boy found his voice again, and what he took for frantic gasps revealed their true nature.

-----------------------------------------------------

IC:

"Heh Heh Heh..." 

You always do this.

She wasn't wrong. He did get beat up a lot. Not for lack of trying to avoid it, of course, but hey. What could you do with luck like his?

With considerable effort, the Spi-Toa dragged himself to one knee, breath coming out between wheezy, raw laughs in a way that could only be called ragged and shaky in the view of an optimist. Now it was his turn to wear the smirk, a bloody and beaten thing though it was. And, with what he freely admitted to be a rare episode of schadenfreude, he noted that it was Vegetoa's turn to have his eyes widen, maybe not in pain, but definitely in disbelief.

He told Shierke he'd wipe that smug look off his face, after all.

One day this is going to catch up to you.

She said it tiredly, weakly, knowing it to only be a formality at this point. He was unshakably set in his ways, they both knew it. Her concern, however, was noted as always.

"...That all?"

A simple, two word question, just about the longest thing he could get out coherently between the concussion, the cracked (broken?) ribcage assailing him with every breath, and the bloody, swollen mouth. A miracle his jaw wasn't broken. With it, he rose up to his full height, knees locked so they wouldn't buckle and arms folded across his chest.

He was pretty sure it wasn't broken, anyway.

Whatever. As long as he could still think, the fire in his eyes and heart wasn't dying any time soon.

Not even when the momentary flash of anger across the gaudy prince's face faded, and gave way to that same mocking laugh, and the ball was in his court once again.

Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen
  • Upvote 2

helo frens

IC: Haarnak (Training Sector)

The Ta-Toa jerked out of the way of the halberd, wildly swinging through the air like an anarchist Brakas. "Woah there," he grinned. "You'll take someone's eye out with that." Dropping close to the floor, Haarnak launched a kick at his opponent's chest.

IC: Vorzin (Hallways)

"Ow."

IC: CinS (Commercial Sector)

[Weapons systems not yet operational.]

"We did not attack first," CinS drones at the Enforcer. "The Rahkshi attacked first, damaging the outer coating of one of the power lines to this unit's primary weapon," it continues, moving its arm to present the damage.

IC: Miras (Knowledge Sector-->Commercial Sector)

I slam shut the dusty volume, particles echoing up out of the pages. The Commercial Sector, busy as it usually is, seems even busier, the sounds reflecting themselves along the corridor to reach my audio receptors. I replace the book on a shelf, lining it up immaculately with the other documents, and then I make my sharp, clipped way to the Sector. I encounter Tomo- the Light Makuta from before- and, walking up behind her and her companion, I say, "What happened?"

OOC: Haarnak fighting Ignis, Vorzin in the med bay, CinS talking to the Enforcer and Miras talking to Tomo.

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Dayeth - Commercial Sector.

"Because you were pointing that gun at his head," she snapped at the machine, "for no good reason." 

IC-Ignis

"Oof!" Ignis was pushed back by His foe's kick, before regaining his balance a while later. "I was intending on doing that!" He said, before Thrusting his halberd towards the overconfident Toa of Fire.

OOC

His mantra of Attack to weaken, not to kill still applies, he's just using that quote as an Intimidation.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

IC:

"Are you alright, Toa?" 

The low, almost monotonous voice inquired quietly, though not without a perceptible degree of concern. What Naona would see, on the other hand, was not likely to inspire trust. A towering suit of armor, its occupant completely obscured, that looked like something straight out of one's worst nightmare. Dark and spiked, its aesthetics seemed more like that of Makuta's inventions than anything benevolent. 

The thought, admittedly, had not occurred to Noroi who had crouched to try and get on the Toa's level. She had spotted the commotion on her way to follow Sudrec, and set out to try and help. Her limited movement speed meant she showed up late, and the Skakdi seemed to have things in hand, but it was always better to be sure. She remembered how unsettled the Rahkshi, Catatonic, had been, and how unsettled she herself had been, and it seemed best to try and lend a hand.

Sudrec wasn't far away, nor was the scene of the Enforcer's intervention. She could catch up easily enough.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

"W-who are you?"

There was a quiver in her voice as she took two steps back, her gaze locked onto the newcomer with a modicum of fear. What was this being? It was fearsome, and she felt so very small underneath its grand shadow. Naona could feel fear seeping back into her again. Was this an agent of Darkness? Could she stand up to it? Maybe she could run again, but her mind reminded her of the Makuta somewhere by.

Oh.

The Makuta.

She was trapped, wasn't she.

Mata Nui please save me.

Please.

I beg of you.

Edited by Umi Tryon
  • Upvote 2

IC:

Noroi paused for a moment, confused. Then, understanding lit up her unseen eyes. She'd almost forgotten the effect her appearance tended to have, given how little a reaction it had provoked here. The armored woman moved back a little ways to give the Toa some room, slowly holding her hands palms up to indicate that she meant no harm.

"Noroi Shiru. I am sorry if I frightened you, I forget what I look like sometimes."

• Upvote 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC(Ismekne): "Sorry, don't have time to play soothing nursemaid," Ismekne said to the wounded dragon. "Hopefully the medical staff will be along in a few minutes. Until then, try to get some rest."

She stalked out of the medical bay and clacked up the stairs.

IC(Kalatin): Kalatin re-entered the commericial sector. The gelatinous creature immediately felt Naona's sense of panic. Something about a Makuta. Kalatin shook his head. A Makuta was an obsure notation in the Great Being's files, not an overly pressing matter for the present.

"There are no Makuta here," he said. "At least, not ones that would seek to kill you. There isn't anything to be scared of." He did his best to assume an open and friendly appearance, for a large gelatinous green blob, slightly shorter and fatter around than a very large worm.

Edited by fishers64

IC: "Handshakes also let people get close enough to stab you in the gut," Fia replied bitterly to Xara, her hand dropping to her stomach for a second before her arms folded over her chest once more. "Not fun at all. Stupid karzslagged fe-toa traitors..." There was a short break where Fia slid into mumble iritation, before she realized what she was doing and coughed awkwardly.

"Lost an arm, huh. In my world, that's a death sentence at this point. Which one was it?"

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC:

"Miss," Noroi continued, working very hard to be as small and nonthreatening as possible. "I could not help but overhear your panic at the word 'Makuta'. Miss, you have nothing to fear. The tournament's rules forbid harming other contestants between rounds."

"Even if they did not, I find most of the Makuta here are ludicrously underpowered. Given that they can be fought at full power, these ones are nothing to fear."

Edited by Riku Tryon

fK5oqYf.jpg

It was overwhelming. Everything was. She could feel herself shrinking away. What good was running? She would be found. Another world.

And she would die here.

Die.

The Makuta was here and she was going to die.

Maybe in another place, another time, the reassurances of the others could have gotten through to her.

But what can words do to help a lonely child, far away from home, believing that their insidious puppetmaster is in their presence?

Not much.

So she curled up into a ball.

"Mata Nui please help me please please please please."

IC

The armored titan was quiet a moment. The Toa's state seemed to have worsened, despite her efforts. She needed to calm her down, then she could explain the situation. Being able to get out of her armour would be helpful, but not currently possible.

Carefully she placed a hand on the Toa's shoulder, squeezing lightly.

"Miss, do you think you can look at me?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Tomo

"... That's... Kinda odd."

"... But there are multiple Makuta, right? And they used to be physical entities? And they weren't all ?"

"... I ran into this person; I don't know what universe she's from, but the very mention of 'Makuta' sent her into a fit of irrational fear. Could you maybe help me out? Maybe get a book from the knowledge sector or something?" Not waiting for a reply, Tomo began bouncing in the direction of the library. If Oinez followed, that was his own business.

IC:

She could see progress. The Toa was still curled up, but she was thinking that statement over. Slowly, Noroi hefted the shield affixed to her forearm, presenting it carefully to Naona.

"You see this shield? This shield is far stronger even than my armor. This shield has never been pierced by an opponent, nor has any opponent ever breached my armor." She rapped a hand against her chest, letting metal rebound off of metal. "Sigmatis Fatum. Crafted by the Great Beings, and left behind on my homeland."

"I will not let the Makuta harm you."

Was what she said true? ... To a degree. But a little embellishment would be best.

Edited by Riku Tryon

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Tomo

Just as she bounced off, she bumped into Miras.

"Oh, hi there," she said, looking up at the Shadow Makuta.

"... In your experience, has anybody ever turned tail and ran at the mention of the word 'Makuta'? I bumped into a newcomer and we were getting along fine, but then she asked about my species, so..."

"... She also mentioned something about a 'Po-Koro', so... I was on my way to the Knowledge Sector to get a book explaining the whole multiverse thing and my universe's Makuta for her, so...