BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

IC: Sesdec - Hallways

'Twas all too easy to exceed Sesdec's slow and dazed speed, but getting his attentions would prove far more difficult. As the Toa placed himself in Sesdec's path, the Toa of Paper walked right into him and didn't seem to pause in his motion, even as his progress came to a halt.

IC Feraz:

Was this guy using some kind of VR tech? 

"Hey, wake up!", Feraz said, waving a hand in front of his face.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC(A.D.): The dragon walked into the Commercial Sector, glaring at the long lines of fighters lined up for mechs. Were they all stupid? Those things cost lives, valuable things that kept them from, you know, dying. 

He saw two Matoran standing in the middle of the room. Finally, somebody sane. "What are you guys doing?"

IC(fishers): "This guy said he was starting a quest to go find some Infinite Gems or whatever."

IC: Xara - Hallways. 

"Hello?" I called out as I walked. "Enforcer, you around here somewhere?" 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

At last, the collision seemed to register in Sesdec's addled mind, and he gave a hard blink, whereupon opening his eyes he found himself face to face with a Toa. The startled Toa sprang back with a childish cry of alarm, and a flurry of post-it notes whipped out of his hands.

IC: Sudrec

Eryard's transmission had been two-way.

Long after the Fire Glatorian had gone to fill in his forms, Sudrec was still standing here in shock.

"... It could have ended like that?"

He wanted to talk to his old CO, but Eryard didn't seem to be in a conversational mood right now. So he simply got a form from the desk and went to a corner to fill it out.

As he was filling out the form he spotted Risks and waved.

"Hey. How did last round go for you?"

The tired tone of his voice implied that it didn't go so well for the Great Being, though it might have also have something to do with the fact that he just witnessed a freakin' apocalypse through his CO's eyes.

"What's that there?" Sudrec asked, pointing at the record Riss was holding. "Never seen one of those before."

IC: Alisa Dare - Commercial Sector.

"Er... food?" she hadn't been paying too much attention to what was being served. "Pretty much anything, I guess."

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Riss had started to lean against Nisaduf and begin her writing when Sudrec spoke to her. She shot bolt upright, a tiny blush beginning to form, but quickly recovered with a grin and said, "It's a record! One of the eaaaaa~rliest forms of recording music in my universe, actually. Unless you're asking which album it is, in which case it's Destral Calling. My first album to go multi-protoplaaaaaaa~tinum." There was a twinkle of nostalgia in her eye as she gazed fondly at the 78 in her hands.

"You're here for a mech tooooo~?"

IC: "I tell you, Bajets,I was so close this time, I could taste it!" Halken rumbled, releasing his little sister and clapping her on the shoulder. Pausing, he glanced to the side to see Mirror standing quietly by. His grin split wider and he stepped back, gesturing to his travelling companion.

"Bajets, meet Mirror! Mirror, this is my rapscallion of a sister, Bajets!"

IC: "Yeah, Karzahni. What about it? It was kind of terrible."

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Sudrec

"... Ah. Audio recording tech. Sounds familiar...? Though in my cycle universe, we never used it to record music."

"And yeah. Here for a mech. It's a machine i used maybe 100000 years ago; I'm kinda ordering it more out of nostalgia than anything else..."

Sudrec cast a long look at the drooping form of Eryard, who had submitted his completed form to Dreisen and was now walking off.

"Nostalgia, huh..."

Edited by One-Eyed Construct

IC: Mirror - Hallways

Mirror gave Bajets a curt nod upon hearing his introduction. "P-please to meet you," he said.

IC: Kopen - Queen's Tunnel

That was new, but she didn't have time to worry about it now. "N-nothing, I'll just..." Her sonic gaze swept the room, searching for the rest of him. There, a shapeless lump that would normally be indistinguishable from the rough floor to her, revealing itself as a headless body under closer scrutiny. Kopen staggered forward, fumbling with the head as she tried to stick it approximately where it should go. She just hoped she wasn't putting it on backwards...

OOC: Just forgot: Are we allowed to use our own powers/tools in mech rounds?

IC: Kuro/Dreisen's Office

The reason why Kuro turned in his paper later than others was because his player was occupied he was rewriting his mech design. Of course he had turned an application in the commercial sector but he wanted to make some minute design changes. He eventually turned it in along with returning the pen as well.

"Thank you, Mister."

IC: Linear/Commercial Sector

While he was munching on sushi, he decided to play around with a couple of napkins he had on him, using one as a small paper to play with lines. As a student of Chroma, he learned how to draw and it helped him to relax. He took one finger and drew a bird with his ink abilities. Art taught him perspective, form, shading, and value. Properties and skills useful for a shadow.

He smiled from underneath his cowl.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC Feraz:

Feraz was very confused. Activating FIDAT, he ran a quick scan. The color patterns didn't match any Toa he had seen before... "Who are you?", he asked.

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Sesdec peered out from arms shielding his head. The strange Toa did not seem to mean him any harm. "I-I am... S-Sesdec," he stammered. "W-what manner of p-p-place is t-this?"

IC Feraz:

"Bionifight." Feraz said, "It's some fighting place where they grab people from all sorts of universes and make them fight each other. I do know they make good TV out of it."

IC: Naona (MC) ~ Commercial Sector

"Assume I come from an universe where the underclass are sparsely provided," said the police officer, his index finger busy drawing invisible circles against the carbon fiber surface of his table. "Anything in terms of foodstuffs is too grand a concept for a slum dweller like I."

Edited by Umi Tryon

IC Langmuir - Engineering Sector

I waited in the small line, eventually coming to the front of the desk and grabbing a pen and paper and sitting down on a nearby bench. Halken and Mirror were still nearby, seemingly in the midst of an introduction of sorts with another Skakdi. I did not pay them much attention, instead focusing on the paper.

In my world, mechanized exoskeletons had been developed somewhat recently. After one of the Koro had fallen to Makuta's faithful, it had been less than a month until the engineers of Onu-Koro had rolled them out, distributing a small amount to the public. Most of them ended up in the hands of the Ussalry and the other guard forces, reasonable of course, given the situation. As the coming war grew and worsened, development and advancement happened quickly. Once both sides had their own exoskeletons, an arms race of sort had started. In several short years, a hundred years of progress in engineering, firearms development, explosives and the new study of robotics had taken place. It did not bode well.

Before such advancements, battles had been more... Personal. More personal, more terrifying and more traumatizing. War and violence were their own deterrents. This changed with advancements in weaponry. When you could kill someone with little more than the press of a button, or kill someone hiding behind steel, hidden behind primitive cameras and a steel shell of your own, it became easy. The scale of warfare grew quickly and the costs to the island and it's inhabitants grew ever more terrible. I could've reminisced for ages, but I put it from my mind.

A sketch had found it's way onto the paper. A simple design. Bipedal, simple and trustworthy mechanical servos and efficient armor placement. It was nothing fancy, but it was clean and unencumbered. That was the easy part, next came weaponry and defenses. A far more daunting task, such a minimal frame could not support anything too heavy. Simply using my own powers was a possibility, but past experiences had taught me that even my mask lacked the penetrating power to damage armored machinery. A rather novel idea came to me, the Kanohi Crast. In my world, there had only been a handful. Most of which were destroyed or lost. It was a powerful piece of equipment, capable of equally effective offense and defense. A second sketch was drawn. This one went into more detail on the subject of measurements, the i/o ratios of the mechanical servos and possible materials to be used. So far as I knew, the supplies here were infinite, so the usage of expensive composite alloys and polymers would be a non issue.

I opted for the simplest cameras and HUD I could envision, all the better to avoid being fooled by trickery and stealth equipment. As it was, I still had quite a bit of power to partition. A few ideas sprang to mind. Energy based weapon, likely too energy intensive. Melee weaponry, likely too heavy or insufficiently strong. A method of flight might be useful, but it would require a redesign of the entire concept.

Ah, perhaps... On a separate piece of paper, I sketched out and explained the Kanohi Field Strengthener. It was highly advanced technology in my world, but here, it shouldn't be a problem. In layman's terms, it was a device that took the fields produced by masks like the Hau or Volitak and allowed for the reshaping, strengthening and directing of their fields. So far as I knew, it had never been used with a Crast before, but this was more an issue of availability than of compatibility. It would allow for a light weight, powerful and energy efficient weapon via shaping and projecting of the mask's repulsive fields. Not to mention, enhanced defensive abilities and maneuverability. Satisfied, I clipped the two sheets of paper together. Marking my name on the top corner of the paper.

A name was required... I quickly decided on Irvine. It was a name belonging to the owner of one of those few Crasts I had mentioned. A powerful Fe-Toa and quite the strategist, my superior in many respects. Of course, between his mask and his signature usage of metals, he had been given the epithet "The Ultimate Shield." That he had ultimately been bested by someone specializing in swords was, in my mind, slightly ironic.

I put the completed request form on the growing pile, turning back to my growing group of... Friends? Acquaintances?

Friends.

It seemed that this other Skakdi was Halken's sister, on closer examination, it was quite obvious. The similarities and contrasts were broadcast loud and clear, where Halken radiated a certain grandiloquent and theatrical virility. She had a more subdued and feminine look to her, silk hiding crystal as some of those Dasaka had been noted to say.

She reminded me of a certain someone. Someone I had met a long time ago.

The world around me was cold and gray, ash laden rain fell from iron skies and painted the ground, and me with it, the shade of subdued death. It was, all things considered, quite welcomed. The cool water soothed my wounds and the soft shades were a boon for my strained eyes. By that point, I was not the kind of person that would cry. All things considered, what good would it have done me?

Besides me, three bodies lay at the peripheral edges of my vision, I did my best to avoid looking at them. I just lay on my back, imploring the rain to hurry up and drown me.

It had been an ambush, not even an especially good one. But more than enough to finish a quartet of green and overconfident Toa. One of our attackers had escaped uninjured, another with little more than a crippled arm. Only one of them had fallen, his ugly Skakdi leer and vacuous eyes sharing the same view as I. Black and crimson had finally begun to overtake my vision, the colors were comforting in their finality.

Was I surprised when I woke up? It has been so long that I do not remember. All I can clearly recall is the warm crackle of a fire and the sounds of the storm outside. I'm in a cave, eight or nine meters separate me from the elements and I'm covered in clean, soft furs. An attempt at upwards movement is stifled by flares of pain from my side and my head, I let out a soft cry of pain and quickly lay back, taking deep, slow breaths. Turning my head is manageable, as is grabbing the canteen at my left side, I bring it to my mouth with my uninjured arm and take a long drink.

"Awake, are we?"

I practically jumped out of skin, wildly searching for the source of the voice. Bad idea, as this sends another dagger of pain up my side. I let out a particularly choice and thankfully muffled string of curses. From the back of the cavern, left of my head, I hear soft, rhythmic scratching. Footsteps.

A Su-Skakdi comes into view, a she, too. And quite an attractive one at that, far more attractive than I could have imagined one of them being. She stands a meter away and sits, staring intently at me. Our gaze locks, and I stare back as defiantly as I can, if she is some bandit, or worse, some Makuta worshiper... But, rather than break off her stare, she maintains it. Her eyes drill into my mind, stripping away my defenses, I turn away.

"W-who are you?" Any steel I try to put into my words is stolen away by pain. She smiles, a simultaneously beautiful and terrifying expression, and speaks.

"I am no one. Nobody but a Zero."

"A, wha-"

"You're being awfully rude, you know. I just saved your miserable hide and the most you can do is mumble and panic like a little boy."

"Why, you... You have no right to speak to me like that! I never asked for your karzing help, ridgebac-" Before I even finished the insult, a knife had buried itself into the dirt a few centimeters from my head. Too fast for me to follow and too fast for me to jerk away in panic or fear, I was instead frozen by it.

"If you use such language, I'll remove that tongue and toss it into the fire. Do I make myself clear?"

I nod.

"Good, now then. Mind telling me who you are? It's not often I find six dead or dying people lying in the rain out here."

I bite my tongue, part in an effort to secure it's safety and part in consternation. I was a member of the Ta-Koro Guard, and revealing my squad's purpose or destination would've been tantamount to treason, I meet that burning gaze once more.

...and find myself slowly bent to it's will. "Private Langmuir, miss, ah."

"Zero."

"Zero. I was just on a patrol with my comrades when a small band of Makuta's faithful attacked us. W-we were routed..." I trail off, embarrassed and ashamed of my failure, despite my earlier claims to the contrary, I feel hot tears gathering in my eyes, blurring my vision. I turn away and mercifully, she either pretend to, or truly did not notice them.

Her voice is softer now, soft in the sense of the supple leather that sheathes the razor sharp blade. "That is a shame, Toa. Rest assured, I do not intend to sell you out. I simply wanted to ascertain you were not one of Makuta's faithful yourself."

I recollect myself, take and deep breath and turn back to the Skakdi, only to find she has moved away. She is preparing something near the fire. "So, ah, Zero... May I ask who you are or how you found me?"

"I was on a patrol of my own, Toa."

The answer was laconic in the extreme, and equally cryptic. A patrol for whom? "Are you a member of the guard?"

She barked back with sudden laughter, the sharp sound at odds with her sultry figure and soft voice. "No. I am no guardswoman, I am simply someone cognizant of my surroundings and eager to maintain that status."

So, she seemed to be a vigilante of some type. They were not uncommon in this time. "So, you are a vigilante?"

She continued to tend to the fire and the small kettle hung over it. "Perhaps." After this, the conversation died out. She prepared food and offered drink, I ate and drank and eventually slept. When I woke up, I was alone again. It was not for several more years that I met this Zero again.

Shaking myself from my stupor, I cast a glance towards Mirror, who seemed a little taken aback by Halken's sister and her decidedly vixenish ways. I of course, was immune to them, having far more experience than the nervous and endearingly naive being.

At least, I think I'm immune...

Edited by Tiragath
  • Upvote 10

...but close to it

"Ah, okay," that made sense, "in all honesty, I don't know what half the stuff in here is." 

IC Ezezko - Dreaming

Was this shopkeeper familiar? Maybe. He reminded you vaguely of a janitor or cook from your own world and your own academy. Though his persona was the exact opposite of inolvidable, as you could never precisely place the pudgy Ytt-Matoran's name... You walk up to him and take a seat at his shop. 「Fine morning, sir. How about a couple slices of that pie and some sarsaparilla?」

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

IC: Naona (MC) ~ Commercial Sector

"I know even less."

IC: Naona (Kid) ~ Knowledge Sector

Running away.

That was what she did.

Run away.

And away. And away and away and away.

Hiding from the world that she's so very scared of.

She pleads to the deities who have abandoned her.

She pleads that nobody finds her.

She pleads.

OOC: (Kid) Naona not open for interaction.

"Okay." 

"Can't say I have, no." 

"Do you usually discuss food with people you've tried to murder?" 

"I have no idea...." she'd only killed one person before coming here, and she sincerely hoped she never saw him again. 

"I guess so...."

Alisa idly wondered if anyone else in the facility was having a conversation as weird as hers. 

"I'm not picky when it comes to food," she replied with a shrug, "I take whatever I can get." 

"Yeah..." This situation was growing increasingly uncomfortable. 

IC: Dayeth - Knowledge Sector.

"I don't think I'm up for...." she trailed off when the Rahkshi approached. Ignoring the insolent creature, she got to her feet and turned to Feli, "....on second thoughts, I'd love to spar."

IC: Feli Gemshimmer (Knowledge Sector)

She chuckled and said "Well then, let us go." She walked through the door between the two sectors and entered the training halls. Half a dozen people were there already, but she nanaged to find a good sparring spot. She was about to start warming up for the spar, but turned around and said "I just realized, we still haven't introduced ourselves to each other, have we? I'm Feli, a knight of the Order of Hope. Tournament veteran." She raised her clenched fist to her chest and bowed.

OOC: Ismekne walked out of the medical bay and is in the Comfort Sector. I'm just going to write the next IC as if Dartakh made it up there, but to be clear, that's where they are.

IC(Ismekne): I must have left my door unlocked by accident...but I never do that, Ismekne thought. She had just been awakened by a Vortixx who was trying to strangle her. She aimed a kick at the Vortixx's chest, trying to knock the wind out of him, even as her arms came up by trained instinct, pressing down on the Vortixx's elbows with her forearms.

OoC: *facepalm* I thought that she was sleeping in the medical bay for some reason.. my memory is terrible. Well yeah let's just say Dartakh went looking for her, found her room and entered it.

IC: Dartakh (Comfort Sector)

Because he was standing alongside her bed, close to her upper body, Ismekne's legs would be unable to hit his stomach from this angle. Her kick hit him in the ribs, but he seemed to be unphased by it. The muscles of his arms bulged beneath the protodermic skin as he pushed against her forearms. His sharp teeth, some of them missing, gleamed as he grinned. "I'm not drunk anymore, girl, and my body's been trained for war for decades now. But don't worry, I won't kill you.. I just want to see you suffer." He released the grip of his right hand and instead grasped her mask, attempting to push his claws through the eye slits.

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC Feraz:

"Well, there must be some reason they brought you here. Have you ever fought before?"

Sesdec's panicking paused to consider his question. Of course, being the hero he was, he had... trained with his powers, but had yet to use them on another being. The thought terrified him. "N-n-n-not... r-r-r-really..." he groaned.

IC: Virse - Hallways

With her mech commissioned, an enormous load seemed to have lifted itself from Virse's shoulders. She couldn't lose this time with The Relic by her side. She just hoped no one discovered her little guilty pleasure. She was a warrior, not a pilot. She didn't need help... or rather, she didn't want them to know she did.

Her deep sigh suddenly turned to a yawn. Perhaps it would be a good time to find her room and get some rest before the next round. Unless she happened to run into anyone she knew on the way.

IC: Arkrax - Knowledge Sector

It did not take him long to navigate back to the Knowledge Sector. Its familiar array of shelving was enticing, but that was not what Arkrax had come for. The glowing projection hovered directly towards the tablets available for contestant use, then suddenly disappeared. The remaining small black box drifted downwards to rest upon one of the screens, and Arkrax's digital self began his search through the last round's footage.

IC: Lady Dajik - Commercial Sector

The round had apparently ended. Even if the Lady Dajik had not seen it for herself on the screens, the sudden influx of contestants in the Commercial Sector certainly proved it. A small, suppressed part of her regretted not being able to win, or even complete the round, but she could not afford such emotions. It's all because of that Karzin' traitorous mutt...

Her cold, predator eyes scanned over the contestants before turning back to the task at hand. So far, none of these shopkeepers had known much of value, but that was not going to stop her. At last, she settled on a Po-Matoran Shopkeeper who seemed to have an aura of secret information. She knew the type. Offer the right price, whether it be a good conversation or their life, and they'll tell everything she needed to know.

As she walked closer, she suddenly recognized the merchant as the one owning the pizza stall the Lady Bajets had cowered behind. She almost turned back, but forced herself to continue on with a pleasant grin. She leaned up onto the stall with a conspicuous, secretive glance around her. "I'm looking for something... off-menu," she began.

OOC: Arkrax and Virse open to interaction, Dajik interacting with The Shopkeeper.