BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

IC(fishers): "Breathing in toxic fumes was one of my eariler deaths." fishers said. "And it was a boring one too - I was trying to see if changes of form would be permanent after death, so I had some scientist transmute me into a monster and kill me with the monster's best weakness - some chemical concoction or another. It didn't work, unfortunately - I came back as myself."

"But you don't remember how I got down here? I walked straight into a toxic smokescreen."

fishers paused. "Strangulation has never resulted in one of my deaths. I guess it kept being too slow. And fearing breathing itself is rather silly - I've been doing it for hundreds of thousands of years, and I seem to be okay."

"Bugs? Kopen-wasps are a little big for bug-crawling. I've never encountered the little hoto bugs in Ta-Wahi, those can get nasty. But if you're talking about all the flies and knats on the fishing pier everyday, I'm afraid not."

"As for lights, I have no idea what you're talking about. That might be the closest - lack of light and NOT being able to tell what's going on might be scary. But mostly I just find it frustrating. Or enraging. Throw me enough unknowns and give me no means to find out what's really going on...have you tried one of those creepy sensory deprivation tanks? I think I destroyed one of those from the inside once. No, I couldn't have. I think that was a hallucination - I destroyed in my mind like ten times or something. I think I was in there for a thousand years. What a waste of time that was."

"Seriously, man, you're starting to give me a headache. What are we testing here, exactly?" fishers' hands tried to reach her head instinctively, only to be held back by the restraints. This conversation was going nowhere fast.

IC(A.D.): A.D. just extended a wing and pointed at it with one of his claws. "Really," he said. "I take it you can also fly."

He pointed out the region they were in. "Desert. No cover here, so the best bet is to take the enemies down before thet get close, which we can do from far away."

Then he pointed out the lush green area. "Jungle has too much cover for ground enemies to hide. Assaulting that area from the air is suicide. And it looks too wet to burn down," he added. "I might try anyway."

"Cove area is good. Problem with Halken's army is that they are going to have a time of it getting down that cliff. Of course, any army that tries to invade has the same problem. Attacks from the air will work well while the enemy fighters are going down those cliffs. Or we can bait Halken's army into the center and fly past them, busting up the stronghold before they can make it back up the cliff." He shrugged. Like they will listen.

IC: Xara - Royal Blindside Army - Pyramid Summit.

"Yes, I can fly?" I replied, ignoring the rambling dragon, "How else do you think I got up here so quickly?"

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Antiro - Pyramid Summit

I land on top of the pyramid. I don't want to have to deal with all the rest of the people down there. No one seems to be fighting. Is something wrong? Lytrel told me that this is some kind of tournament.

This must be something special.

But I still don't want any part in it.

I need some time to think.

There's a dragon up here. A Rahkshi, too. Somewhere, sometime else, I would have been surprised by that.

Not now.

Still....

"Since when do Rahkshi talk?" I ask.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

Still balanced precariously on the pointed top of the pyramid, I sighed. When would people stop asking me questions like that? "Is there any particular reason you three came all the way up here? I doubt it was just to enjoy my company." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: "I know not why or how it does it, but I am able to focus on it and render my enemies disunified and fighting amongst themselves," Halken replied. "I am certain it can work on specific individuals as well as larger groups, however."

IC: Venix laughed at that and gave Kat several thumbs up. "So!" she said, looking over Fear Itself more carefully. "What sort of improvements did you make to the design, anyway?"

IC: Agraney muttered but stepped back, gesturing into the hall with all four arms. He rumbled, "THERE! Is that better for you, ROTUND MADAM?"

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Antiro - Pyramid Summit

Three of us?

I look around, trying to figure out what this Rahkshi is seeing that I'm not--

wait

is that toa wearing--

what is she wearing?

I make a conscious effort not to look at her. Instead, I focus my gaze on the strange talking Rahkshi.

"You folks seemed like the lesser of ... two groups of people whom I didn't want to talk to."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

"Yet you came up here and immediately initiated a conversation," I mused.

IC: Eryard

"... Okay. Good to know. That Gem there will be most handy... Provided that there comes a time to use it."

Eryard took a look around the Control Room, looking up at the map display before turning back to Halken and Venga.

"Could I look at the list of the profiles, if you have such a list on hand? It would be nice to know who can do what before we decide on how we go about... Go about winning."

"We're not that uncommon," I frowned, "At least, I don't think so..."

"As is your sarcasm," I quipped, my balance wavering for a moment. Big Rahkshi feet weren't really good for balancing on a pointy pyramid like this. "Do you have a name, Toa?" 

IC(A.D.): "I came up here to map out a target, so I can charge into battle, die horribly, and sit on some couch somewhere to await the round when I can finally kill that wretched slug." He pointed at Xara, smiling at his lame attempt at a joke. 

IC(Kalatin): Kalatin squirmed inside the pyramid's entrance, and immediately set about trying to find the control room. It would be better to sit in the nice, cool, control room and communicate with the fighters outside. Better yet, his psionic abilities could serve as an emergency communication backup. 

"What did you just call me?" I all but snarled at the arrogant reptile. 

IC: Nisaduf (Royal Blindside)

She didn't bother replying, just slowed down somewhat to a pace that was comfortable for her and allowed the rest of the army to troop forward faster than her. Nisa could care less, she was attempting to get her breathing under control and that was more important than just keeping up with the pack of people. 

"Sand... and small feet.. is not a.... good combination."

IC: Ajiseni (With Agraney)

She took two steps out of her room and thus into the hallway, freeing herself from the confines of it, before realizing just what he had said. 

"AY! I resent that! It's not like you're super thin yourself, mister, you have no right to be commenting on my weight!"

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC Kat:

"Longer arms, for one.got some nice drills on the knuckles, too, punch through just about anything. Got a cannon up top, high energy sorta thing. The coolest thing, though, is the repulsion field. Makes an invisible, almost impenetrable shield. Rebounds anything away."

I grinned. "Pretty cool, if I do say so myself. Got a Ko in the last round, but uh... The other guy kinda blew himself up to try and get me. I got beat by a.... I think he called himself Kale? Toa of light, if you can believe that."

Kale Ironshaper- Royal Blindside- Desert

IC: Kale's ears might not have been the best around but his Av-Toa sight was certainly up there. Right now it was telling him that things were getting rather tense on top of the pyramid.

"Kopen, keep heading inside and find the control room. I need to go and make sure our air support stays in one piece."

With a quick use of his mask Kale was all but flying across the ground before he hit the slanted side of the pyramid. His momentum and speed allowing him to keep going until he almost went flying off the top. Returning to a more normal pace he created a hardlight platform that dog into the stone side of the base to stand on.

"Can't we just all get along until the round is over?"

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: "It was a SIMPLE OBSERVATION," Agraney replied, looking as nonplussed as a Nocturn could. "I do not know your NAME, so I gave you an INFORMATIVE TITLE."

IC: Halken removed the army list from his coat and set it on the table, followed shortly after by a cigar case and a book of matches. He plucked one from the case, struck a match, and slipped the cigar into his teeth.

"Worth noting, Sir Eryard," the skakdi said, offering him a cigar as well, "Is that all the soldiers using mechanical armor are listed in this list as such. I thought perhaps you would be good at coordinating them."

IC: "Whoa," Venix said, walking up to Fear Itself and running a claw along its arm. "If we had even one of these, the skakdi pirates would stop harassing us. I can only imagine what would happen if we could contract Xia to make us a platoon of them..."

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

"Why don't you just go die in a...." I trailed off as Kale arrived, "....give me a shout when I'm needed," I hissed, dropping down off the summit and sliding down the smooth side of the pyramid before kicking off and taking to the air. 

IC: Dayeth - Royal Blindside Army - Pyramid Steps.

Dayeth jumped away from the sound of her attacker's voice, feeling the blade flash past her. "You know my name, but I'm afraid I don't know yours," she crooned, "surely you owe me that much?"

IC: "Hey!" Xaeraz yelled, pointing to Ravyn and Dayeth. He stalked towards them, yelling, "Hey hey hey! Knock it off, you two! You'll have time to kill each other after the round, but for Mata Nui's sake, don't try to now! You're comrades in arms now!"

IC: Virse - Arena (Royal Blindside)

Her eyes followed the lanky Fe-Toa as he made his way towards another Toa, calling for a ceasefire. But she could only see one combatant, weaving about as if to dodge invisible attacks. Virse immediately searched ground for shadows as she walked closer. There.

With a burst of elemental power, the ground beneath the invisible Ravyn suddenly turned to quicksand to suck him downwards. Virse looked on, her eyes cold. "Dissent in the ranks will not be tolerated."

IC: Ravyn (Revenant) - Blindside - Pyramid

"Buddy, we may be a lot of things, but comrades sure isn't one of them."

As he prepared himself for another attack, he suddenly felt himself begin to sink. Creating a pillar of pure iron beneath his feet and suddenly extending it upwards, he launched himself into the air, eventually landing on more stable ground outside the patch of quicksand. Turning towards the source of the attack momentarily, he swung one of his weapons on top of his shoulder and began to speak.

"Lady, you can take your "ranks" and shove them up your Karz-hole for all I care," he said. "I only fight because of three kinds of people; those I care about, those who pay, and those who tick me off. Considering that none of you chumps belong to either of the first two groups, I have absolutely no obligation to you whatsoever, but if you keep interfering, you're going to be taught two very valuable lessons; the first being that you're quickly earning your way into the third group, and the second being that that's not a category you're going to want to be classified under. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a score to settle."

"As for you," he continued, this time leveling his gaze directly at Dayeth. "I don't owe you squat. Draw your weapons and fight."

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

GM IC: MAEUS FO KURU - MEDICAL BASEMENT

"RELAX."

The word was an order, and it echoed throughout the chamber as Maeus turned to Fishers, unleashing a full blast of his relaxation vision upon her. Seeming satisfied once more, the smile returned to the Skakdi's face as he tapped his fingers along the counter.

"Yes, I do believe that I have decided at last."

GM IC: THE QUEEN - QUEEN'S OFFICE

The Queen's surprise did not show on her face; she merely nodded to show Albrecht that she had heard.

"You will... forgive me if I lack formalities..." she said. "I am... tired. But... as you wish... so you may serve me. My offer... remains open... however... for you to receive... an Ultimate Weapon."

IC: "I didn't want to have to do this..." Xaeraz muttered to himself. He focused his gaze on Ravyn, and reached out to the Sickness gem in his chest, pouring will into it and, by extension, into the dissenting soldier.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Dayeth - Royal Blindside Army - Pyramid Steps.

"I apologise," Dayeth said smoothly, "it appears this contestant is the unfortunate victim of a campaign I was part of many years ago in my world," she looked to Xaeraz, "perhaps it would be best to let him kill me, so that he can focus on contributing to the team." 

IC: Kopen - Arena - Pyramid (Royal Blindside)

She nodded, but Kale was already gone. Just her now. She could find the control room on her own.

Kopen slowly stepped into the entrance of the pyramid. Her clickers echoed strangely off the stone walls, going on and on into silence. It quickly became apparent that the control room would not exactly be easy to find. She took turn after turn and got nowhere. Her vision wasn't accurate enough to find landmarks, and she was sure she had walked the same stretch of tunnels several times.

Even worse, there was a horrible squelching noise coming from just ahead. Kopen tried to press on, though her joints clattered as she shook. It couldn't be... not here...

IC: Thaera - Arena (Royal Blindside)

Thaera slowed with her, though his longing eyes never left the pyramid. Only a disapproving hum came from Io's cage. "I'd like to... see you... carry me up... that dune..., Io," he snapped up at her, too tired to bother humming.

IC: Virse - Arena (Royal Blindside)

She just folded her arms and glared. The Toa's threats meant nothing to her. She was simply trying to enforce order before everything fell into chaos. She had seen it happen far too many times.

Her gauntlet flashed, and the blade of glass easily slid from her hand, its progress only eased by the heat. "We don't want to lose able bodies, but if you give us no choice..." her words fell off as the Toa beside her seemed to active a hidden power of sorts. She stood back and watched, hoping this would solve their problems before the blade would.

OOC: Kopen hearing Kalatin

Edited by Click

IC(fishers): The Matoran relaxed, breathing hard. Control...bugs...the unknown...light...the whole thing mixed together as fishers' mind tried to figure out the exact combination of things the medical examiner had decided on. Calm down, fishers. The Matoran took several deep breaths, trying to restrain her rage. The relaxation was now reminding her of the sensory deprivation tank instead of the Steltian massage parlor that it had earlier.

On the plus side, the Skakdi had resumed his chipper mood. Perhaps the rage was making him feel better. Excellent. "Sorry to have confused you," fishers said. "I'm just trying to be honest. You wouldn't want an ineffective test where your subject was lying. That's a waste of resources."

IC(Kalatin): The gelatin heard Kopen's approach and did his best to try to get away, but speed was not his forte. Instead, he flattened himself against the wall and stopped, hoping that the general would walk past him without a confrontation.  

IC: Eryard

"Hm."

On Halken's recommendation, I began looking at the profiles of the mech pilots of this team.

"Feli Gemshimmer. TOU-ah of Crystal and a knight of the Order of Hope (some sort of monastic order?), piloting the Wraithknight. The mech is armed with a crysteel...? Some kind of sword, a plasma cannon - ooh, that sounds nice - and an energy shield. Looks nice."

"Catatonic. RAHK-shee of Fear...? Pilots the Fear Itself. Armed with a cannon that fires high a temperature energy pulses, a repulsion field, and... Drill hands?"

"Vinra. A... Vore-ticks, piloting the... Uh, Ar Em Dash... What is this even? Anyways, it's armed with a... Some sort of radar with anti-stealth features (what the is a Kanohi Rode? Or a Kanohi for that matter?) and... Shotgun hands. Shotgun hands. Oh, and it's really agile for its size."

"Riss. TOU-ah of Sonics, and pilot of the B-Side of the Moon? What? These names make no sense... Anyways, it has... Bass cannons? And a - oh my god. That is the most impractical axe I have ever seen. Who needs a guitar with blades on the side??? And... Ooh. Power copying. Sounds interesting."

"And finally, your's truly, pilot of the Thornatus-AR V1. A Fire Tribe Glatorian from - what?!"

I stared at the tablet in shock.

"... 'Coming from a primitive Spherus Magna (approximately 100000 years prior to the creation of the Ma-TOR-an, Skakdi, and other G-S-R races)...'"

No wonder I didn't know what half the people here were.

Blink.

Blink.

After staring at the tablet blankly for a few moments, I finally looked up at Halken.

"If you want me to command an all-mech squad, I could do that. Though, I might also recommend dispersing the armored units throughout the army so as to not 'put all of our eggs in one basket'. I did work with infantry when I was still a cadet, so..."

Eryard continued looking at the tablet, this time viewing the profiles of the foot soldiers.

IC: Kopen - Pyramid (Royal Blindside)

The noise ahead of her abruptly stopped, and Kopen stopped with it. Her ears strained for the slightest sound, but found nothing. All was still as death within the pyramid's labyrinth.

After a moment or two of waiting, Kopen could almost believe she had imagined the whole thing. There was nothing down here. No one but her...

She took a step forward, carefully listening to the echoes it provided. At least she had hearing this time. Then another step. And another. Still nothing. She slowly continued on down the tunnel, carefully searching the unknown for any sign of...

...was that part of the wall bulging out? It sounded... softer than the stone around her. No, she had to be imagining it. It was nothing. But just to be sure...

Her quivering hand reached towards the section of wall. She didn't want to know. But she had to... no. She pulled back and ran off down the hall without looking back.

IC(Kalatin): Kalatin sighed in relief. That one had too many mental rifts still. He did not wish to add to her sense of fear. 

Although, he shivered as he regained his form, he feared that he already had. Continuing along the tunnel, he was grateful that his being allowed him to move at a much slower pace.

IC: Terry Terrix - Royal Blindside Army - Pyramid.

"Whoa Sheila, you okay?" a Matoran - no, wait, aint that the bloody general? - almost crashed into him. "What's wrong?"

IC: Ravyn (Revenant) - Blindside - Pyramid

Ravyn was no stranger to battles that were not in his favor, but when he soon found himself fatigued, abnormally cold, and violently coughing up blood to the point where he was forced to one knee and became visible once again, he soon realised that he had no hope in winning this confrontation.

"This... isn't... over..." he said, dissolving the pillar into more dust before condensing it into tiny darts that shot into the sand around their feet, hopefully kicking up enough of it to distract them as he attempted to escape.

Switching what little remained of his focus back into his Volitak, he began moving himself away from the pyramid as fast as his legs would take him.

OOC: Honestly didn't remember the exact effects of the Gem of Sickness, so I wrote this as if Ravyn suddenly came down with the Bionicle equivalent of tuberculosis. Couldn't tell if Virse was actually making an attack or not either, but will go back and edit if necessary.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC Maccha Yellow! - Pyramid - Royal Blindside

The tomb like silence was surely broken as Kopen turned down a corridor. "Hey! I thought I had lost you, you're pretty fast you know!" Also present was some kind of miniaturized megazord, greatly resembling the prehistoric Megakava from Anarchy in the Age of The Dinosaurs - Part 2.

Edited by Tiragath
  • Upvote 3

...but close to it

IC: Kopen - Pyramid (Royal Blindside)

She didn't know how far she ran, or how many corners she turned. All she knew was around one of them, she suddenly wheeled past a... well, not-quite Toa. She could tell that much as she went flying into the wall with a soft squeak of surprise. She grasped at the rough stone frantically and tried to catch her breath. Someone else came around the corner as well. The strange Toa from earlier.

"I'm... fine..." she gasped as soon as she could speak. "Just... a little lost... Have you... found the Control Room?"

IC: Virse - Desert (Royal Blindside)

The small amount of dust kicked up by the Toa's attack was quickly snatched away by Virse's powers. The Toa may be invisible, but his tracks in the soft sand were not. Virse's eyes followed after like a predator on the scent. At last, she looked back to the Fe-Toa beside her. "Do we pursue?" she asked softly. "If I may, sir, he could give information to our enemies. We cannot let him escape to warn them or even return for this one's life."

Edited by Click

IC: Hagah

The sounds of conflict. Hagah's ears perked up, and he turned around, galloping over to where friendly fire seemed to be taking place.

But just as he was about to arrive, one of the belligerents suddenly disappeared, with mirage moving away from the group leaving silent footsteps.

"Traitor?" the bull asked deliberately.

Hagah remembered having to punish a traitor once. However his Makuta had insisted on said traitor eventually being reintegrated into the guard. Hagah, though he thought the effort a waste of time, eventually succeeded. He was then subsequently assigned as a drill instructor for a period of time.

... He wasn't fond of those days.

IC: Yoko

Eventually, Yoko landed besides the tentacled mech, staring up at it. "Interesting design," she called out to its pilot.

IC: Minami

Entering the pyramid, Minami walked through the halls before coming across a gaudily dressed Toa (Maccha) trying to talk to their army's general. She followed them.

IC: Terry Terrix - Royal Blindside Army - Pyramid.

"Nah, I dunno," he shrugged, "this place is a bloody maze." 

IC(Kalatin): Reluctantly, the gelatin moved toward the source of the noise, before passing the tunnel that Kopen had run down. He was looking for a ladder, or a pole. 

One of the places one of the more eccentric Great Beings in Kalatin's universe liked to hang out was a big square maze with fire poles, ladders, tall bridges, and narrow crawl tunnels. This place reminded him of that place, and Kalatin admitted to himself that he liked such places. That Great Being had been one of the few that Kalatin had considered a friend, and the gelatin had to admit that he would be right at home in this stronghold. 

IC Maccha Yellow! - Pyramid - Royal Blindside

"That's what I was looking for too. Well, that room and you. I was thinking I'm not much use out in the sand or on the front lines. I never did like jungle or seaside shoots, so I figured I'd stay and protect you!" You genuflected to show your sincerity.

...but close to it