Want It To Just Die.

Toa Zaz

See, right now, because of the (rabidly dwindling, and possibly over) story we've got going right now, Bionicle isn't quite over yet. It's just hanging by a thread. But it's so small right now, it kind of feels like it's over... But I still don't want to give up on it yet.You guys probably disagree with me, but with no sets and almost no story, I kind of wish Bionicle would just end. Officially. It would gives us a little more closure, and we could move on, instead of waiting for new serial updates for five months.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

If you don't want to give up on it, then why do you want it to end?Waiting for the story to continue requires zero effort. All you have to do is do other things. I'm sure you have other things in your life you can occupy yourself with.

Edited by Kumata

For me, I diverged from the "Canon" story long, long ago. And by long ago, I mean 2002, when I rejected the Nuva transformation. To me, Bionicle can continue forever in that, there's an unlimited wealth of possibility in continuing the story yourself, rather than waiting for Greg or whoever to spoon feed it to us.- Heir

LfkQ2ln.png

Click the banner. You know you want to.

Shia Lebouf would tell you to just do it.

When BIONICLE was announced to be continuing online in the form of story serials, I cheeered; I liked that since the ending was so rushed and incomplete, we were compensated with the promise of the storyline continuing. This allowed new storyline mysteries to begin to be unearthed, while others began the process of being wrapped up. The problem is, now that the story's degenerated to a state of ever-present stagnancy, we're in a bit of a bind.I think it'd be far too detrimental for BIONICLE to just end at this point in time, which is what worries me; the story was only permitted to carry on through 2011. While you'd come to the conclusion that Lego would keep it up and running longer without second thought, I have a lot less faith in Lego than most people do at this point. It wouldn't surprise me if they shut bioniclestory.com down come 2012, citing "lack of traffic" or something. As far as possibilities go, that's definitely one, but the likelihood of it happening? Impossible to predict at this point.So no, I don't think it should end. I think it shoiuld continue as long as it can, as long as it provides some sense of closure to the unanswered questions.-Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

Well, here's the way I look at it: If it were ended, the storyline serials wouldn't exist. So, I don't really consider it done, we just stopped getting sets. Bionicle wasn't just about the sets - being kids, some of us didn't really care much for the story. We just enjoyed the sets, because the storyline was one of those things that was just an add-on. For the older people that bought Bionicle, we had an interest in both the story and the sets, so for those who were interested in both want it to last a little longer.I have interest for both, probably more in the story nowadays, but if it were done, again, the serials wouldn't exist. Of course, it's nice to have a story expansion, but the ending of the sets and in the comics was slightly sloppy with the way it was done, so the continuity of the story is probably more gratifying than the comics were in Bionicle's twilight years.Still, I personally wouldn't mind it's story ending or staying. I don't always keep a huge interest in the story serials, but most do.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

I haven't followed the story in over a year, but I think wanting BIONICLE to come to an absolute close seems a little selfish. Pretty much all the most important plot points were wrapped up in 2010. Makuta Teridax was defeated, bringing the main unifying factor of the past 9 years of story to a close. But at the same time, there are some people who are enjoying having new stories told. And it would be really sad if BIONICLE ended where it was now just because some people didn't have the patience to follow it anymore.If you want to stop waiting for and reading new BIONICLE story updates, there's nothing stopping you from doing so. But there's no reason that has to cut into other people's enjoyment of the story.

It has to end before it can "come back".I would at least like some closure. I'm okay with the occasional loose plot thread, but there's so much that does have a greater sense of needing to be resolved, and that just isn't happening. Either the spin-off serials should be entirely self contained, or they should be devoted to answering the stuff we've been patiently waiting for all these years. Right now, there's just a muddled mix of both, and it's depressingly stagnant.If we AREN'T going to get updates, I would appreciate somebody informing us of that. It's not the waiting that bothers me, it's the complete lack of communication that's going on. I understand that it's hard to do that up to a certain point, but still. Either something is going to happen, or it isn't; the point being that we have no idea either way, so this waiting could be entirely in vain.

I think we should be a bit more respectful to Greg. The update will happen when he can get to it. No offense to Alyska or anyone who agrees with her, but I think this makes us look fickle. First, we were angry that Bionicle ended. Then, we were happy that it stayed alive in the story serials. Now, we want the serials to end? Of course a reboot would be nice. But, as Dorek said, the franchise has to end first. I think we should stick to what we have now, and enjoy the serials. They will be updated when they will be updated. Greg can end the storyline when he, or Lego, sees fit. Unless anyone would rather have NO Bionicle at all?

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

I personally disagree. I want it to come back. Sets and all.

I agree.
Same.But honestly, I think that IF it does, I'll be a lot older, and not care. But hopefully my kids will.
I agree as well with the above three.If BIONICLEcomes back and I'm too old for it. Well, I don't know what I'd do. If it comes back in a decade or two...I honestly have no idea what I would do. I mean, it'd be neat to have a new generation of BIONICLE, but I don't think BIONICLE should have its current "generation" finished.

I think we should be a bit more respectful to Greg. The update will happen when he can get to it.No offense to Alyska or anyone who agrees with her, but I think this makes us look fickle. First, we were angry that Bionicle ended. Then, we were happy that it stayed alive in the story serials. Now, we want the serials to end?Of course a reboot would be nice. But, as Dorek said, the franchise has to end first. I think we should stick to what we have now, and enjoy the serials. They will be updated when they will be updated. Greg can end the storyline when he, or Lego, sees fit.Unless anyone would rather have NO Bionicle at all?

My main concern about the current serials is that they just seem to make the story more complicated, rather than tying up loose ends like I expected. I know Greg has plans for at least some story threads, but at the moment I'm not convinced that they'll be given a satisfying conclusion. For the most part, they're fairly well written, but, and this is just my personal opinion, they're not quite to my taste. Some of my favourite serials were back in '08, when Greg went for black comedy and strong characterisation rather than sudden, LOST-style plot twists. Honestly, I'm not even completely sure if Greg really wants to keep updating the serials, when he has so many other new and exciting projects to work on. You know, the ones he actually gets paid for. The over-complexity is the main reason I would like to see a clean-slate reboot. I would like Greg to be involved, though. He'll probably still be at Lego in five years or so, so I don't see why he wouldn't be.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

There are so many things in Bionicle that are left open right now. I'd like to see a good deal of them close before I can get some closure. If Bionicle ended tomorrow with no updates, then I'd be pretty grumpy about it. XDThough, I'd like the story to also continue from the fans. I like seeing what people come up with (and I've read some really good stories from SSC8 so far! ^^).There's still a ton of potential for fans to write their own stories, and that also means we can change whatever we don't like about it! The sky is the limit! How about a male matoran of water or have The Green be female? Water and ice? Pfft, they're just about as different as stone and earth!I say tie up the loose ends and let the fans have their fun with their childhood. Of course, the fans have had that from the start (especially when Kanohi Power and Bionicle Zone came to be), so what I'd love to see is a few less loose ends before the story totally closes.

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

There are so many things in Bionicle that are left open right now. I'd like to see a good deal of them close before I can get some closure. If Bionicle ended tomorrow with no updates, then I'd be pretty grumpy about it. XDThough, I'd like the story to also continue from the fans. I like seeing what people come up with (and I've read some really good stories from SSC8 so far! ^^).There's still a ton of potential for fans to write their own stories, and that also means we can change whatever we don't like about it! The sky is the limit! How about a male matoran of water or have The Green be female? Water and ice? Pfft, they're just about as different as stone and earth!I say tie up the loose ends and let the fans have their fun with their childhood. Of course, the fans have had that from the start (especially when Kanohi Power and Bionicle Zone came to be), so what I'd love to see is a few less loose ends before the story totally closes.

I think we should be a bit more respectful to Greg. The update will happen when he can get to it.No offense to Alyska or anyone who agrees with her, but I think this makes us look fickle. First, we were angry that Bionicle ended. Then, we were happy that it stayed alive in the story serials. Now, we want the serials to end?Of course a reboot would be nice. But, as Dorek said, the franchise has to end first. I think we should stick to what we have now, and enjoy the serials. They will be updated when they will be updated. Greg can end the storyline when he, or Lego, sees fit.Unless anyone would rather have NO Bionicle at all?

My main concern about the current serials is that they just seem to make the story more complicated, rather than tying up loose ends like I expected. I know Greg has plans for at least some story threads, but at the moment I'm not convinced that they'll be given a satisfying conclusion. For the most part, they're fairly well written, but, and this is just my personal opinion, they're not quite to my taste. Some of my favourite serials were back in '08, when Greg went for black comedy and strong characterisation rather than sudden, LOST-style plot twists. Honestly, I'm not even completely sure if Greg really wants to keep updating the serials, when he has so many other new and exciting projects to work on. You know, the ones he actually gets paid for.The over-complexity is the main reason I would like to see a clean-slate reboot. I would like Greg to be involved, though. He'll probably still be at Lego in five years or so, so I don't see why he wouldn't be.
I think the complexity is something everyone has been getting used to over the past few years. The story serials aren't just wrapping up the loose ends, they're telling us what happens next. They keep getting complicated to keep people interested. We wouldn't want a dull serial, would we? Also, there are too few story serials for too many loose ends. Ending Bionicle's story now would only cause MORE confusion among fans as to what happened next.We would then have to resort to fan writings and contests. And to get that to reach Farshtey level canon would be more difficult.Also, Greg IS still interested in the serials. The fact that he even bothered to inform us on his status is enough to give us hope. So it's not legitimate to claim that he is disinterested. He has many important things to take care of, yet he had the decency to let us know that he was coming back. Not many people are like Greg.This is one thing that bothers me about certain opinions on this site. We have "the sky is falling" reactions to just about anything. Temporary hiatus? STOP THE PRESSES! BIONICLE/BZP/etc. is ending!(no offense)Like I said, a reboot would be nice. But can't we finish the legend? You can't reboot something that is still alive. And I don't know about anyone else, but I want this generation of Bionicle to end with an even bigger bang than the comics finished with.That being said, I respect everyone's opinion.

I agree.
Same.But honestly, I think that IF it does, I'll be a lot older, and not care. But hopefully my kids will.
I agree as well with the above three.If BIONICLEcomes back and I'm too old for it. Well, I don't know what I'd do. If it comes back in a decade or two...I honestly have no idea what I would do. I mean, it'd be neat to have a new generation of BIONICLE, but I don't think BIONICLE should have its current "generation" finished.
At least, not for a long time.(I agree to what you all said as well :P)

The story was the only good part about Bionicle from 07-10. I can wait for the end, but I think it's coming after this story arc

IMO, the sets were pretty great during those years. Still, the story was epic.

I agree.
I would love to see my kids playing with Bionicle sets. It'd be like how a relative of mine introduced me to Transformers.

The Krika Show Season 2 

The story was the only good part about Bionicle from 07-10. I can wait for the end, but I think it's coming after this story arc

IMO, the sets were pretty great during those years. Still, the story was epic.
The sets were good, but they were getting repetitive.

I've loved so BIONICLE so much because of the storyline itself. Admittedly on reflection it was the most brilliant but to me then it was. And now for me, despite the fact that I don't want it to end, I neither want it to finish on a cliffhanger. People say you can make your own up and fair enough I have done that myself but I want to hear it from the original storyteller's view.So I hope he finishes it off soon.

ViSa1Uz.jpg

As infrequent as I post, I will always continue to be a BIONICLE fan

I think that they should just bring it back.

'"White!" he sneered. "It serves as a beginning. White cloth may be dyed. The white page can be overwritten; and the white light can be broken."

'"In which case it is no longer white," said I. "And he that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."

--- Gandalf, The Lord of the Rings

We don't want the serials to end, we just want them to offically tell us if they're already over. It seems like we're waiting for nothing.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

We don't want the serials to end, we just want them to offically tell us if they're already over. It seems like we're waiting for nothing.
I must have misinterpreted your original post. It sounded like it was leaning towards wanting the serials to end.

The Krika Show Season 2 

It has to end before it can "come back".I would at least like some closure. I'm okay with the occasional loose plot thread, but there's so much that does have a greater sense of needing to be resolved, and that just isn't happening. Either the spin-off serials should be entirely self contained, or they should be devoted to answering the stuff we've been patiently waiting for all these years. Right now, there's just a muddled mix of both, and it's depressingly stagnant.If we AREN'T going to get updates, I would appreciate somebody informing us of that. It's not the waiting that bothers me, it's the complete lack of communication that's going on. I understand that it's hard to do that up to a certain point, but still. Either something is going to happen, or it isn't; the point being that we have no idea either way, so this waiting could be entirely in vain.

Exactly. If I were Greg, I'd whip together some nice endings to the serials as fast as possible. It's one thing to be slow, another to wait half a year to update. I understand his troubles, but it seems like he has no extra time now and should end Bionicle as soon as he possibly can, and then we'll have closure and such.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

BIONICLE was officially cancelled when LEGO stopped producing sets under the BIONICLE moniker.

jlovfkk.jpg

BIONICLE was officially cancelled when LEGO stopped producing sets under the BIONICLE moniker.
I mean the web serials.

I don't want to give up on it, but with the incredibly slow updating of the web serials, Bionicle's becoming more and more like that really, really old dog that's beginning to smell. You love it and you will always remember those years with it, but you just don't want to see it keep suffering and struggling along.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

I would prefer Bionicle to end completely rather than have it carry on in a zombie-like state for years. I really wish all the serials would be wrapped up and then we could finally close the book on this great franchise. -don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

I would prefer Bionicle to end completely rather than have it carry on in a zombie-like state for years. I really wish all the serials would be wrapped up and then we could finally close the book on this great franchise.-don't touch my pocket protector

I completely agree. The open serial plot points still nag at me, and Bionicle will haunt Lego until they just finally cap them off and end the story told through the serials.

As some people have said, LEGO said it would only continue it through 2011. I think LEGO have secretly given up on it already, and are going to remove BIONICLEStory.com while no-one's looking, and make a big apology when we all notice like they did that time they 'accidentally' removed the BIONICLE site.Sorry for being so pessimistic here, but that's just what I think. I don't want it to end, and LEGO aren't going to end it (IMO). They're just going to let it fade away.

Edited by Pirok the Va-Matoran

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

I, being the bionicle lover I am, would simply love for it to come back. I doubt that will happen.Want I personally would like is for Greg to tie up all the loose ends, and then have a universal event that goes something like this:1: Major Disaster/attack.2: Quite a few characters harmed/killed.3: Our surviving Heroes must put themselves in statis, waitng to be re-awoken. (Further story potential)

pNNgXax.jpg

As some people have said, LEGO said it would only continue it through 2011. I think LEGO have secretly given up on it already, and are going to remove BIONICLEStory.com while no-one's looking, and make a big apology when we all notice like they did that time they 'accidentally' removed the BIONICLE site.Sorry for being so pessimistic here, but that's just what I think. I don't want it to end, and LEGO aren't going to end it (IMO). They're just going to let it fade away.

Of course! Then we can sit here on BZP and gripe about it, and this site can stay alive for another 10 years! :PBut seriously, I don't think Lego values conclusion enough to keep the site up long enough for GregF to finish that story.

I, being the bionicle lover I am, would simply love for it to come back. I doubt that will happen.Want I personally would like is for Greg to tie up all the loose ends, and then have a universal event that goes something like this:1: Major Disaster/attack.2: Quite a few characters harmed/killed.3: Our surviving Heroes must put themselves in statis, waitng to be re-awoken. (Further story potential)

Number #1 caused by GBs?I like this idea. It is better than what is probably going to happen. Edited by fishers64

Of course! Then we can sit here on BZP and gripe about it, and this site can stay alive for another 10 years! :PBut seriously, I don't think Lego values conclusion enough to keep the site up long enough for GregF to finish that story.
Yeah. I have a theory:GregF has been making chapters. However, I remember reading LEGO had to put them on the site. Therefore, LEGO isn't actually posting them. And GregF can't tell us due to the rule LEGO brought in.In other words, I don't think LEGO likes us anymore. :P

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill