Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

My only wordsWHAT THE KARZAHNI?!?!?

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Yea she is prettyBut WTK is with the clones?! And pinkie pie the heavy FTW!

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

The trailer looked fun, but I'm going to take it one step at a time. First new Fluttershy episode tomorrow, again. I love Fluttershy and all, but I wouldn't have minded a different member of the Mane 6 to be featured. I mean, when was the last Rarity episode?

Scootaloo,

the greatest chicken/dodo/scooter riding Pegasus ever

I, for one, am stoked for the big two-parter.But first, Hurricane Venus Fluttershy!

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Idk why people are hating on Candece.

We could talk about the ENORMOUS spike in support for the LEGO Cuusoo MLP:FiM proposal. Two days ago it was stalled at around 875 supporters. Now it's at 1569 supporters and growing. Apparently it was shared on several unmentionable-yet-widely-used sites. Hopefully it can keep up this momentum!

I read that and the first thought in my head was this guy announcing his support for the Cuusoo project. :PAs for John de Lancie appearing again, it would be really cool if it were some sort of flashback episode involving Discord. I'm not sure if he could be brought back as a villain without it feeling redundant, though.Regarding this latest episode:

Ah well. I guess it was too much to hope for Fluttershy to get a song in this one. The music was still very compelling, and the episode as a whole was very emotional. But I keep hoping that someday she (among others from the Mane 6) gets a song as brilliant and character-defining as Rarity's "Becoming Popular" and "Art of the Dress" or Pinkie Pie's "Smile Song".Lots of named background ponies in this one, at least a few of whom have been depicted as toys. Wonder how long it will take them to show up in fanart/fan fiction... of course, I still haven't taken the plunge into fan fiction, and I'm not planning to any time in the immediate future. :POf course I also have to wonder why Spitfire did nothing but officiate. I was hoping that in the very least she'd give Fluttershy a pep talk, or perhaps actually help the pegasus ponies with their tornado.I'm sure a lot of people will make a big deal of the opening sequence, of course, in which Fluttershy was actually a tree (one has to wonder if the memetic line from "Over a Barrel" was considered by the writers or whether it was pure coincidence). The educational film reel was hilariously retro, and very fun to watch.

The trailer looked fun, but I'm going to take it one step at a time. First new Fluttershy episode tomorrow, again. I love Fluttershy and all, but I wouldn't have minded a different member of the Mane 6 to be featured. I mean, when was the last Rarity episode?

We've had enough Rarity for the season, in my opinion.Anyways, want to see that trailer. And also I'm gonna watch the episode tomorrow, most likely.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Oh my, the second preview for next week's episode...

Rarity about Gabby: "I'LL DESTROY HER!!!"

Also, 1080 looks way better on my monitor, tho. :P

Edited by Valenti

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

I have one word to describe this episode: D'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!The scene where Fluttershy runs off sobbing really did pull at my heartstrings. I don't know why, but it really was upsetting.Also, those facial expressions are getting more detailed and more adorable by the episode. I really fell in love with them today.

Edited by The Wretched Automaton

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

so uhi have finally decided to start posting herea littlemaybe

This recent episode was good. Lots of good Derpy, and, of course, Fluttertree! =3crying fluttershy bwaah ;__;Also, that beefy YEAH pony and Crackle have been some of my favorite for-the-moment characters yet.

Edited by Count Bleck

overlordsukapon.png

Okay, is anyone else thinking there's some kind of Big Bad in the MLP universe? You know, someone who has been subtly, but surely predicting/causing Discord and Nightmare Moon's appearances and using them to his/her advantage in the cloak of anonymity? Because that would be awesome. XD

And it would certainly put the clones into a new light. XD

Well, I'm pretty sure Lauren Faust has debunked that from the start, but how sweet would it be to see the mane six defeat a pony version of Teridax? RD would be Tahu, Fluttershy Onua, Pinkiepie Lewa, Rarity Kopaka, Applejack Pohatu and Twilight Gali. Anyone else craving some fanart of the mane six cosplaying as our childhood heroes? Maybe it's just me. XD

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

Hurricane Fluttershy was definitely worth the HD wait. :P

I knew exactly how Fluttershy felt when she was being eaten away by her doubts in herself, due to being bullied in childhood. I was (and still am) suffering for it as well.I hereby dub the buff pony Hoof Hogan!

This episode is definitely one of my favorites.

Edited by Valenti

f9Qcky7.png

Hm...where to start:

• [*]FLUTTERSY IS A TREE![*]SO MANY CANON PONY NAMES[*]EPIC TRAINING MONTAGE!

...sssoooo, besides that, I really like the direction the animation is taking, especially with the expressions and poses. Really, you'd think that the "submissive" Fluttershy stances would have started to wear out on us by now, but they keep approaching it from new and interesting angles.

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

Oh my goodness everything about this episode. Although I agree with Aanchir; I expected Spitfire to do a bit more than just stand and watch.Also, was it just me or did Spitfire's voice seem to have changed?(Bonbon is best pegasus btw)

I also noticed a slight difference in Spitfire's voice as well.Anyway, this week's episode was great. I want to see more of Buff Pony in the future (though we may not), and Fluttershy was D'AAWful in this episode. Overall, a great episode.

Also, yesterday I went to McDonald's and got Applejack. However, its the Applejack from last year, not with the hook. Recycling is magic.

Okay, is anyone else thinking there's some kind of Big Bad in the MLP universe? You know, someone who has been subtly, but surely predicting/causing Discord and Nightmare Moon's appearances and using them to his/her advantage in the cloak of anonymity?

When the first synopsis for Return of Harmony was released, I honestly thought that Discord would be the embodiment of the "bad magic" that corrupted Princess Luna into Nightmare Moon.I still think that'd be the best idea for a villain, but their best opportunity was to do that with Discord IMO.(Also that episode was awesome because Fluttershy is best and will always be best. Enough has been said.)(Aside from that Roid Rage pony. He creeps me out.)

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

(Aside from that Roid Rage pony. He creeps me out.)

Hoof Hogan is like Hugh Jelly.Awesomely creepy. :PYEAH!!

f9Qcky7.png

So Hurricane Fluttershy.

My shipper heart is pleased.Overall a great episode (I'd say it's one of my favorite) with a cool moral. The two new wintery Pegasi and the muscley one were great. It's also good to see Angel not being a total tool for a change.

Edited by dotcom

AXKP5KC.png

EVERYPONY RUN!!! Next Saturday rarity shall destroy somepony!!! oh yea the maiserif are all back together

Edited by Zacax

So there's going to be a Brony meetup at Graspop Metal Meeting in Belgium.Wish I could go.

f9Qcky7.png

When the first synopsis for Return of Harmony was released, I honestly thought that Discord would be the embodiment of the "bad magic" that corrupted Princess Luna into Nightmare Moon.I still think that'd be the best idea for a villain, but their best opportunity was to do that with Discord IMO.(Also that episode was awesome because Fluttershy is best and will always be best. Enough has been said.)(Aside from that Roid Rage pony. He creeps me out.)

I disagree, actually. Discord never really struck me as pure evil, but more like he was just having some fun. I'm talking about the equivalent of Teridax; a character that has plans within plans within plans instead of just "lol, your roads are soap. Look how fast I can drink this glass! (Witchcraft FTW. XP)" The moment I thought Discord was an actual problem was when he started to take away the ponies' character. It was more like, the longer he was present, the worse things would get progressively, but I didn't picture it as him planning anything. After all, if he had an organized plan of any sort, it would go against his character.Also, that's a very strange way to spell Pinkie Pie... Maybe it's a language barrier or something... (I know, this joke is old, but I still love it. XD)Also, I've been wondering if Hoof Hogan can even fly? XD

Also, MMMystery on the Friendship Express might just be my favorite episode ever. Mystery story? Ponies? Pinkie Pie?! Yes please! XP

Edited by Tekulo: Toa of Gales

Also, I've been wondering if Hoof Hogan can even fly? XD

Well...hoofhogan.jpgThat's a definite eeyup. :P Edited by Valenti

f9Qcky7.png

... Okay, how? XDHis wings are so tiny! There's no way he could get 10 wing power. XP

YEEEEEEEEAAAAAH[/obligatory]

When the first synopsis for Return of Harmony was released, I honestly thought that Discord would be the embodiment of the "bad magic" that corrupted Princess Luna into Nightmare Moon.I still think that'd be the best idea for a villain, but their best opportunity was to do that with Discord IMO.

I disagree, actually. Discord never really struck me as pure evil, but more like he was just having some fun. I'm talking about the equivalent of Teridax; a character that has plans within plans within plans instead of just "lol, your roads are soap. Look how fast I can drink this glass! (Witchcraft FTW. XP)" The moment I thought Discord was an actual problem was when he started to take away the ponies' character. It was more like, the longer he was present, the worse things would get progressively, but I didn't picture it as him planning anything. After all, if he had an organized plan of any sort, it would go against his character.
Oh, I don't think of Discord as evil in any way, really. He's basically like me but with more of a mean streak in him ...I was never trying to imply that I thought Discord was evil at all. I loved his character - all I was trying to say is that the production team could have gone in such an evil-mastermind direction. I'm glad they didn't.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

(But... But I didn't put my sunglasses on. D= )Ah, I see! Sorry, I misinterpreted that. I actually think they could still go in that direction without the timing being too far off, though they most likely will not in my opinion. Still, it would make for an interesting fanfic if done properly. XP

My opinion of Discord was that he just honestly didn't care what others thought. He did what he enjoyed to do, which is chaos and disharmony. Just cause everypony thought that was evil viewed him as evil, he just rolled with it. Also, I love how Scootaloo was completely left out of the pegasus episode... she has such a tough life.

Scootaloo,

the greatest chicken/dodo/scooter riding Pegasus ever

My opinion of Discord was that he just honestly didn't care what others thought. He did what he enjoyed to do, which is chaos and disharmony. Just cause everypony thought that was evil viewed him as evil, he just rolled with it.Also, I love how Scootaloo was completely left out of the pegasus episode... she has such a tough life.

I'm not so sure: while he did appear to do things on a whim, luring the elements into the maze with his riddle and determining exactly what would corrupt them (besides Fluttershy :lol:) must have taken a decent sense of strategy and planning. Unless he just stalked the main six and made things up on the fly.On your second point...wow, totally didn't notice that! :o Must be because the crusaders haven't been in any episodes lately. Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]