Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Knichou, Above Metru-Koro, Bridge of the Taku

The captain was startled as there was a sudden thump above him, followed by a few footsteps and then a loud knock on the hatch at the top of the airship. The external hatch was locked, and Knichou wasn't about to expose his airship to an unauthorized boarding party because he was curious.

"Who the karz is up there? And why the karz are you up there?" the Toa shouted. Knichou then pressed a button on his gauntlet to broadcast throughout the ship. "Suhaku to the bridge, Suhaku to the bridge..."

The Turaga began moving toward the bridge, unsure why she was needed.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC [Vahki Transport]:

The smoke was now dead ahead, but as the vehicle approached it became clear that it wasn’t a straight shot to its source: what had looked like mere hills from a distance turned out to be an eroded maze of rocky ravines and gullies.An eerie howl could be heard, of wind rushing through the formations. Some appeared to be dried out river beds, their walls beautifully shaped by ages of getting sanded down. But as pretty as the terrain might be, it couldn’t easily be traversed. 

OOC: @Toru Nui

• Like 1

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Knichou pressed a button on his gauntlet and there was an audible click as the locks on the hatch disengaged.

"You didn't answer my second question: why the karz are you up there?"

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Jephro-Metru-Koro-Going to Negotiate?

As he ran, Jephro watched as Arkius used his stone powers to leap up onto the ripple. Jephro skidded to a stop, He thought about jumping up himself, but he'd hate to be a burden by coming along when he wasn't wanted. then slowly turned around and began to walk in the other direction.

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

IC: Pardehi - Central Mountains @Toru Nui@Harvali@Tarn

He followed Ulkar past the Muaka beasts under the cover of shadow.

IC: Changua - Desert @Onaku@Smudge8@BULiK

She had seen the smoke too, and has already well on her way, hovering at top speed over several mios of barren earth. It was all she could to to keep Tugarak from recognizing her, even if it meant fighting skakdi.

IC: Karai - The Taku

Karai immediately rose to his feet, hammer in hand.

"What in Artahka's name is going on up there?"

Edited by Biological Chronicler
  • Like 1

"Under attack?" Knichou cursed under his breath. This was not a good situation, Knichou had already stated that the Taku was going to hover over Metru-Koro until the Ripple left. Leaving now might be perceived as weakness or backing down. But then again, Knichou had done his show of force, the message had been made, so perhaps he could leave. The Taku's one mission so far was to deliver supplies to Po-Koro, so even if Arkius's claims of the attack turned out to be false, they would still get work done and probably could be back in time before the negotiations were over.

Because of Taja's snooping, Knichou had some confidence that there wasn't a surprise attack planned by the Ripple. Although, if the Ripple was a diversion to prevent them from responding to an attack on a smaller village... that would be particularly devious, the exact kind of tactic a warlord like Pridak would try. Knichou knew that some from Po-Koro needed to survive in order to attribute the attack to whoever carried it out. This was critical because if it was truly Pridak, it would expose his treachery once more, and if it wasn't Pridak, then they could prevent this from contributing to a breakdown of negotiations with the League. So even though this was a village on the outskirts, if and how it fell was critical to the larger power plays of each faction.

Arkius was right that the Taku was the fastest way for him to get to Po-Koro. The Taku also had a doctor on board, and plenty of space to evacuate the wounded from the siege. The choice was clear. It was at this point that Suhaku made it to the bridge. Before she could speak a word to ask what was going on, Knichou began spitting orders.

"Change of plans, get down to the cargo bay. Tell Karai he'll need to try to fine tune the engines for maximum power, we're about to leave."

The Turaga flew to the back of the ship where the engines were and relayed the message to Karai. Knichou turned to Arkius.

"Are others coming with you to help or are we leaving right now?"

"A wise decision, given the Ripple's presence at Metru-Koro. This whole situation reeks of Pridak's devious plots. Berys - take us out due North, and climb to cruising altitude. Full speed ahead."

The Le-Matoran at the controls nodded and began complying with the order. The crew felt the ship tilting as it began to climb and turn in the direction of the plume of smoke in the distance. Knichou activated his microphone and began speaking to the entire crew via the intercom.

"Change of plans, everyone - we're leaving for Po-Koro early. There is a suspected attack. I have my doubts about whether the settlement can hold out long enough for us to arrive, but we must try to go there as fast as we can in order to evacuate as many civilians as possible. I'm glad we have a doctor on board, they're going to need him. Unless by some miracle the matoran there have been able to prevent the attackers from breaching the walls, we're probably going to be on evacuation duty. That means we're going to need to make room for treating the wounded in the cargo bay before we arrive, and we're going to need ways to speed up getting the survivors on board. This is going to get ugly real fast and we're going to have to make some hard choices about who we can save and who gets left behind. I want us to be as prepared as possible once we get there so we won't need to make that choice."

He switched off the microphone

"Welcome back to the Taku, Arkius."

Edited by BULiK

IC: Uraborask (Central Mountain Range)

Uraborask's powers of deduction allowed him to predict the actions of pack of rahi, but they didn't allow him to predict the sudden appearance of a flying matoran.

"What in the flying mahi?" was all that Uraborask could get out before his instincts kicked in as the pack, and particularly the alpha, made their way after the matorian, ruining the shot that he was lining up. Having no other choice, Uraborask broke cover, not wanting to lose his quarry after all of this work.

Uraborask didn't even notice the others who ran out from over the ridge, all he was focused on was the alpha, who in turned was focus on this flying matorian. Using his vision of deduction, Uraborask took out his bow and began to aim, the alpha meet feet away from the now downed matoran. This, this shot had to hit! If it missed, then the alpha would get away for sure. Mounting the bow into the earth itself, Uraborask aimed, drew, and fired...

OOC: @Biological Chronicler @Toru Nui @Tarn @Harvali

IC Kanohi - the Mountains

Kanohi stared out in horror at the plumes of smoke, not even aware of the Muaka barreling down upon him. He … he had failed the Matoran again, Vakama, Dalu, all of them what … what if it was the League? Or a Rahi?

As he stared there was a roar behind him, and then a thud. Shaken out of his haze, Kanohi turned to see one of the feline behind him, its treads pierced. What how … but no one was there. At that range, was it Nale? But she had lost her sniper rifle. Hadn’t she?

Kanohi did not have time to dwell on that, or even on the sad smoke of Po-Koro. The beast was dragging itself upright even as its treads shredded. With its powerful arms it began to hurl itself at Kanohi, its hind wheels useless. Kanohi quickly aimed at a ridge and grappled away, narrowly avoiding its bite. The beast snarled after him, though without its treads it’s movement would be quite hampered.

The Fe-Matoran tumbled on the landing, panting. Then came a growl, and he shakily stood up, grappling away before another cat could hack into him. He … his heartlight was a blazing fire he … he abandoned Po-Koro, he abandoned his people. Coward. He … he couldn’t make it back to Po-Koro. Maybe … maybe it was just a Rahi. But for it to be an emergency…

The worst part is he could focus on that. The blotting of shadow reminded him that the others needed him to be a distraction. He … he had a duty to them. Like Po-Koro, but one he actually could do something about. Even if he couldn’t help Po-Koro he … he would have to keep them safe.

His body shaking like a bioquake he began to bait the Rahi again, trying to keep them distracted. As he hurled around he whispered, “Tren Krom, Kaita; please take care of Po-Koro. I … I am sorry I failed us.

Meanwhile, Turaga Klawne had focused her power to shift about the earth. And as she sent faint pulsation through the mounds of debris, she felt something move back. Below her there  was something moving a pile of dust. But right beside it she could see a Muaka eating a Mahi, ripping up parts of the goat and chomping on it sloppily. She would need to move carefully. 

OOC: @Tarn @Sparticus147 @Biological Chronicler @Toru Nui

• Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Datrox Karvan - Metru-Koro Gates

Hm.

I was already not pleased with the situation. League had come to our front foor on diplomacy, and now two of their number were mingling with the village's people. So far, nothing had truly happened, and I did not wish to cause a situation that would be...detrimental to all parties involved. Arkius had suddenly changed his plans: another settlement needed our help, and he was getting there as fast as possible, it seemed, as he jumped aboard a nearby airship.

I wasn't sure whether to follow. Metru-Koro wasn't in danger yet--depending on the true intentions of these Leaguers, or if any of our number continued to show retraint--but for all we knew the situation could escalate. Meanwhile, another village was actively under attack by forces unknown. My debating was interrupted by Falh, who now was making his way to the parked airship. I quickly caught up with him.

"What are you doing? You don't seem like the 'talking' type."

@Dane

IC: Triage - The Taku

Triage was startled by Arkius arriving aboard the bridge, but soon settled. Upon hearing Knichou's announcement he double-checked the contents of his satchel. Everything there, as always. It was time for the medic to go to work.

@BULiK@Onaku

IC: Nale Vella - Zakazian Wilderness

She didn't like the fact Kanohi was using himself as bait to draw away the rahi beasts, but the Fe-Matoran was brave, and in her current state Nale knew she wouldn't be able to stand up to a muaka of all things. She stuck close behind Ulkarr and Pardehi, keeping quiet, as they snuck past the rahi.

@Harvali@Biological Chronicler@Toru Nui

• Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Falh - Zakaz, Metru-Koro

He turned back for a moment, still walking to the airship.

"I want answers, and I am not going to attempt digging them out from these lowly scumbags that Pridak seems to have sent to do his false diplomacy." Falh explained to Datrox, occasionally looking back as he began to move into a skating motion with his boots, leaving behind a thin trail of ice behind him. "Come or don't. Arkius seems to have found another crusade to help with, some more pests to squash. I'd join him if the League weren't around."

OOC: @Tarn

IC: Varian - Strange Tunnel -

Varian followed the two down the tunnel, scanning the area with his various sensors as he did. It was then he noticed the Skakdi running towards them, he quickly aimed his electro-missile arm at the being. "Halt! Identify yourself!" 

@Dane @Sparticus147 @Burnmad @Vezok's Friend

IC: Skyra Daring - Cargo Hauler -

"Is it the blood of our enemies, Rose?" 

Toru Nui @Tarn @TL01 NUVA @Conway @Keeper of Kraata

Edited by Snelly
edited Varian to notice Zak-Yak
  • Like 3

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Datrox Karvan - Metru-Koro, heading for the Ripple

Datrox quickened his pace so that he was running alongside the skating Ko-Toa.

"I can't leave you to this," I replied, "because I have a feeling if you get aboard that airship things will get interesting. Arkius is helping a village already under attack. You seem to want to entice the same to happen here."

@Dane

IC: Rose - Cargo Hauler

"Very good guess," she replied, giving a nod of approval, "but nope."

@Snelly

Edited by Tarn

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Uraborask (Central Mountain Range)

Although the shot wasn't a killing blow, he was happy to say that the alpha had no way left to escape him with its treads torn like that. But that matoran, the pack was still keen on catching another morsel...Uraborask scowled, "That had to be the bravest little mahi or the most foolish kavinika he had ever seen."

Continuing to charge forth, Uraborask unloosed his bowstring, allowing the bow limb's to straighten out to their full length, perfect for striking out against the muakas and keeping the distance between himself and the matoran against the ravenous pack of rahi.

This better not nip on his frills afterwards.

OOC: @Toru Nui @Harvali @Tarn @Biological Chronicler

• Like 2

IC: Ulkarr and Klawne (Mountains)

The shadows that enshrouded Pardehi and Nale seemed to be darker than they reasonably should be. Ulkarr took them as far as he thought it possible to go before the beasts detected them. "This is as far as stealth will take us, I think." He unsheathed his halberd. He turned to Nale and Pardehi. "Are we prepared?"

Steeling herself, Klawne tried to covertly unearth what was beneath without alerting the Muaka. The very hungry Muaka with very big teeth.

@Biological Chronicler@Tarn@Harvali@Sparticus147

IC: NU-8020S (The Maze, Vahki Transport)

Now, problems like these wouldn't have arrived in the urban environment of Metru Nui. Nature proved itself to be utterly useless once again.

She commanded the drivers to take the Transport into the maze.

@Vezok's Friend@Edelgard@Jakura Nuva@xccj

IC: Enra (Irnakk's Tooth, Death's Doorstep)

Enra didn't seem to hear Xane. She just stood there, staring blankly at the end of the corridor. And took a step forward.

@Nato the Traveler

IC: Falh - Zakaz, Metru-Koro (Inbound to the Ripple)

"In all of the time you fought the League, have you ever known them to negotiate?" Falh asked, looking straight ahead to the airship that was getting closer and closer. "I was discharged for pointing out that they don't. They're barbarians, scum." 

Falh stopped, as the two of them were directly below the airship. He looked Datrox right in the eyes, red meeting burnt orange. Something in them spelled conviction to the Ko-Toa. Were they to fight, it would likely not be quick.

"I don't wish to fight you, brother. But the clock is ticking. I will get my answers, one way or another." His voice was devoid of any of the covered-up discomfort that might have plagued it before. 

OOC: @Tarn

IC: Zak-Yak (Mesi Tunnels)

Upon the immediate show of force, Zak-Yak dropped down upon his knees and starts cowering before Varian, hiding under his ACR arm as best he could. 

"Oh great and powerful aspect, please, have mercy upon your loyal servant Zak-Yak, for I did not mean to upset you almighty one. Please, I have with me a sacrifice to offer to you, my lord and master."

OOC: @Dane @Snelly @Burnmad

IC: Datrox Karvan - Beneath the Ripple

The airship's engines filled the air with a low hum. I stood resolute as I maintained eye contact with Falh.

"I have seen the their actions firsthand, and spoken to their victims. I have truly wished the worst upon the League. I do not know if they truly wish to negotiate, or if it's all a ploy. But the last thing I want is to watch this village burn because an impulsive Toa couldn't keep his weapon sheathed."

I stepped closer, almost mask to mask. I lowered my voice.

"We do this my way."

@Dane

IC: Nale Vella - Zakazian Wilderness

Nale clutched her spear tighter. "I'm not sure what I can do, but...yes."

@Toru Nui@Biological Chronicler

• Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Kanohi - Muaka Hijanks in the mountains while a refugee camp is destroyed 

Kanohi heard movement behind him, coming from the side. He grappled away, turning back to see a Skakdi charging close to where he had just been. No, those frills, w-wasn’t that a Skakdi-Xa? His heartlight began to pound, a Skakdi-Xa, here? But as he watched the Skakdi-Xa engaged one of the beasts that had been chasing him. Had … had the Skakdi-Xia been trying to protect Kanohi?

It … it probably seemed unlikely, especially after what Turaga Klawne said. He would be gullible and a fool to believe a Skakdi-Xa wasn’t a threat. But better a fool than without hope or faith in others. And Kanohi was just glad to see a Skakdi-Xa helping.

Thump. He smacked into a charred tree, distracted by the Skakdi-Xa. Shakily he stood up, his endurance still holding out. He shakily got back up, to see that Skakdi-Xa was being lunged at by one of the Muaka. The cat snapped at the stranger, it’s powerful jaws aiming to mash him into a pulp. 

Kanohi whimpered as he stood up, his heartlight now a blur. What … what if this Rahi killed him? What if he died trying to help Kanohi? He … Kanohi couldn’t … couldn’t let anyone else die. Not … not again. 

Shakily Kanohi stood up and hooked a ledge, hurtling himself back towards the Zakazian. “W-watch out,” he called out, even as he drew his staff. As he grappled past the Muaka Kanohi shakily waved his staff at the Rahi. Not to strike it he … he couldn’t … he couldn’t do that. But maybe the motion would distract the beast at least a little? Help the Skakdi-Xa get the upper hand?

As Turaga Klawne shifted around the dirt and dusty, the Muaka hesitated, and dropped its meal. It’s massive head swung about, and she could feel the gusts of wind from the Muaka’s nostrils as it sniffed the air around her. It could smell her, but was not sure where she was yet.

OOC: @Biological Chronicler @Sparticus147 @Toru Nui @Tarn

• Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Uraborask (Fighting a pack of muakas for one foolishly brave matoran)

Managing to grab one of the muakas around the neck and using the bowstaff to crush the thing's windpipes, Uraborask managed to knock one of the Muakas unconscious.

Looking around, it seemed that some of the pack are starting to get second thoughts on engaging with the skakdi-xa, especially with their alpha stuck in the sand...Good, running all the way over here and having to fend off several of the rahi, Uraborask is starting wear down a bit.

"W-watch out!" 

What? That foolish matoran, he's going to get himself killed. Pulling out the kane-ra machete, Uraborask leaps forwards, ready to end this now with a display that even brain dead mesi would understand.

OOC: @Harvali @Biological Chronicler @Toru Nui @Tarn

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toru Nui said:

IC: Enra (Irnakk's Tooth, Death's Doorstep)

Enra didn't seem to hear Xane. She just stood there, staring blankly at the end of the corridor. And took a step forward.

IC: Xane - Irnakk's Tooth.

Weighing up his options, Xane carefully reached out to touch Enra's shoulder, shaking her slightly to hopefully snap her out of whatever was happening. 

• Like 1

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Nektann | Po-Koro

Mama always told me 

Don’t travel alone

Mama always told me 

To follow the road

Pappa always told me

Don’t follow the pack

Pappa always told me

I’d never come back

Mama always told me 

The road was safe

Mama always told me

It would be okay

Boss came alive in the violence of war. Each heartlight pounding moment with his hands behind the wheel of the E Street Wagon brought some new delight. Only three heartlight beats ago the walls of the village stood solidly with a blue matoran and a grey toa desperately thinking up their defense against twenty something motley war rigs and ACRs. Two heartlight beats ago Barius jumped the wall. One heartlight beat ago the walls stood firm. They could easily keep out wandering rahi. And now, in the immediate beating of his heartlight, Boss watched the collision of Three Frill’s war dozer plowing through the dirt and stone walls. The wave of red and purple sand caused by the impact washed over his war rig, and Boss pulled into a left turn, slammed his break, and kept sliding as he gunned the engine. The tires bounced across the rocks underneath the thin layers of sand, and Boss felt the vibrations up the seat and into his spine and frills. His jewelry made sharp sounds. He smelled burning rubber and kerosene. He spat dirt out a rolled down window as the E Street Wagon skidded violently through the opening made by the dozer and into the village proper. Switching gears and stepping off the break, he brought the car into a softer turn, the raised suspension jostling as he rumbled over a small garden and plowed the side of his large truck through a reed hut before finally settling out of his drift into normal steering. A stained wicker basket rolled out from the underside of his rig.

He heard the soulful war music played by the skakdi band dancing on long poles and chains attached to Guar’s long haul war rig. The skakdi bard of music and war spent every waking moment customizing and modifying an old train car taken from the desert into a massive long-haul truck with forward steering, mahi horns above the front window, and a gigantic performing stage on the top of the raised bed. Lightstones made the stage a celebration of suffering and sound. The hard Zakazian music backed by shaking spurs and wailing, flame throwing instruments warmed Boss’ heartlight even though Guar’s rig hadn’t passed into the village yet.

Other warskaks burst through the opening as well, or began tearing a larger hole in the already damaged wall. A few small buggies bounced and jostled their way around the plateau toward the open entrance of the village. Explosions as fiery bombs landed inside the village rocked matoran to all fours. Screams echoed out across the hillside and the late afternoon sun watched mercilessly.

Boss’ vision shifted across the battlefield, not limited to his physical form. Miserix watched the fight with intensity, thinking of freedom. Miserix counted a few corpses already. A blue matoran wearing a mask of translation crushed under clawed feet of Barius’ ACR.  Several matoran of different elements clung to each other in a layer of rising dust and pooling silver blood. And by the open air forge a red matoran fanning the smoking flames in a desperate attempt to signal his friends an unknown distance away caught his attention. 

“Get the pole,” Boss shouted to the skakdi hanging on to the cargo bed of his wagon rig. “We’re going fishing.”

The skakdi on top of his rig, Wherk, held out of a long pole that had a terrifying retrofitted net made of chains and the tines of a metal pitchfork bent to allow him the opportunity to pierce and scoop up his prey. Boss slammed the accelerator to the floor and tore off across the village toward the matoran wearing a mask of concealment. 

But papa lied and mama died

And now the road is where I ride

And now I’m Irnakk’s sinful prize

I ride until I die

OOC: Those in the immediate hex/vicinity to Po-Koro may now make their posts arriving at the fight. Those traveling from further away please wait until the next round.

• Like 1

Happy chat.

IC: Corrivalis - Po-Koro

The Tahtorak charged down the slope along with the rest of the warband, striding over the rubble of the wall. It's head turned towards the nearest structure and belched a blast of searing shrapnel that tore through the walls and occupants alike. 

Perched atop the mech, Corrivalis held a spear aloft, stabbing and slicing at defenders who drew near. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Varah - Po-Koro

Varah scarcely needed visual to recognise the sounds of war right on her doorstep. As she jolted awake from the loud sounds outside, her heartlight pounding in her chest as she frantically gazed around her small spartan hut, she immediately locked eyes with what she needed right now: Her rhotuka launcher, with which she'd trained for the past few days, and her trusty pick axe. Picking both of these items up, she swiftly made her way out of her humble abode, her crimson eyes wide open gazing upon the fresh karzahni that had just encroached upon her new home. With a mighty heave of her pickaxe over her shoulder, and raising the rhotuka launcher in front of herself with her other hand, she trotted into battle.

Her eyes soon enough met with a foe, and the to-be-victim of his should she not act. Revving her rhotuka launcher, Varah sent a spinner flying directly for the Boss in his horrid mechanical monstrosity of blood and destruction, guiding it with her mind as best she could with only her days of training to rely on.

IC Kathrine of the Flame - Metru Koro:

With a cheerful smile, she responded to his introduction in kind, "Nice ta meetcha, Arkius,  I'm K-"

He left. Well that was rude. she caught something about a "Po-Koro" and something about an attack before he and some others turned and started toward one of the airships.

Kat swiveled around, her own eyes scanning the horizon before spotting the smoke in the distance. She frowned. That smoke was ages away, even if that Arkius guy ran as fast as he could the whole way, there was no guarantee he'd make it in time.... was there?

Kat wasn't planning on sticking around Metru Koro to wait and see. if there was an attack far away and that Arkius guy had some way of getting there before it was over, well.

Her inner fire flared. That could only mean a fight was just waiting for her! Without a second thought, she dashed after the other Toa, quickly outpacing the other followers and caught up to Arkius just as he leapt up into the air to land on the ship floating there.

Kat peered up at the mechanical flyer, one hand shading her eyes from the sun. So that was how he would get there so fast. That machine! Kat had little experience with complex machinery, her own island had little need for them, but here it seemed like many people used them for all sorts of things! Her spirit soared as she realized that this meant that if she made it up to the ship, she could join in on the fight! With a quick glance up and down she gauged the distance. too high to just jump up there, even with a Calix, but maybe if she used her fire, too....

Well there was only one way to be sure!

She crouched, a slightly manic grin slipping across her face, as power built within her. The muscles in her legs coiled like springs, her mask glowed in preparation for use, and the temperature around her rose dramatically turning the already arid desert heat into an oven-like bake as her inner fire was built up inside, fuel ready to be released like a jet engine spinning up.

To her dismay, however, the machine started moving away! If she didn't hurry, she wouldn't be able to make it in time, and she'd never make it across the desert herself! As the tension mounted, her power shot up, filling her spirit with the urgency of a child trying to complete chores shortly before their parents arrive home.

And in an instant, that power was released all at once, a burst of flame erupted from the Toa of Flame as she jumped, rocketing into the air with a whoop of excitement, fire trailing behind her, the sand where she'd stood carbonized into brittle glass as she ascended skyward, her leap assisted by the Calix upon her face landed her on the hull of the giant ship, and she clung to it's surface for all she had, and quickly realized that there was no way she could hold on like this the whole way. She scrambled up the side of the ship until she found something resembling flat ground, and sat for a moment, catching her breath.

"Man, this thing is big! But where did that Arkius guy go?" She stood up, trying to keep her balance as the machine moved under her. She didn't see him or anyone else up here. In fact, she didn't see anywhere for anyone to go up here for that matter.

"Helloooooo??!!" she called out, the lone and probably crazy Toa atop the airship.

Edited by The UltimoScorp
capitalization is hard, guys

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro Airspace, Bridge of the Taku

Everyone in the room heard more footsteps and speaking above.

"Arkius... I thought you said you would be the only one coming with us..."

Knichou sighed, slowly shaking his head while supporting his face with his hand.

"Don't even get me started, Doc..."

IC: Arkius - The Taku

Arkius raised an eyebrow, eyeing the upper hull before looking back dow to Knichou. "I said I didn't ask any of them to come, but one can't always expect everyone to just agree when told to stay back. Not to mention, this one in particular seems quite rowdy... She might be just what we need."

With those last words, his one eye moved back up toward the upper hull, a confident smirk on his features.

Knichou sighed, and pressed a button on his armor to unlock the hatch above them with an audible click.

IC, Atamai:

After a very, very long amount of time walking, Atamai and his Odd Company had made their way to roughly where they believed they would find a temple. 

“Alright, let’s spread out and see if we can find anything. A temple structure would be nice, but there’s a chance we’re looking for a cave. The Onu-Metru Great Disk was underground, so a corresponding temple on this island might be underground too.”

IC, Aurax: Coliseum

An elevator carried a lone Toa up to the upper levels of the Coliseum. Aurax had his poker face on, which was unusual for him, but his eyes burned hot orange with annoyance. Annoyance at being stuck on the island, annoyance with Pridak for getting everyone stuck there, and annoyance with the jingle of the elevator music. 

The doors slid open and the Toa of Plasma stepped out. He had arrived in Pridak’s new throne room. Aurax approached the seated white being and bowed. 

“Lord Pridak,” he said. “Has there been any word on Takadox’s whereabouts?”

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

Edited by ~Xemnas~

IC Kathrine of the Flame - The Taku:

Said audible click was lost in the sound of the wind and the fact that Kat was not actually near the hatch in question. not yet, anyway.

However, she wasn't content to just stand still so she naturally wandered the top of the ship for a short time before coming across a circular dome shaped object with hinges on it.

Kat laughed at her own ignorance, "Of course! Pretty silly of me to think that you had to ride on top of these things!" With a kneel and one hand, she took hold of the hatch, swung it open, and hopped down inside(rather unfortunately forgetting to close the hatch on her way in.)

She found herself among a pretty big group of people, and gave a bit of a sheepish grin before announcing to the room, "Hiya! I heard you guys were headed to a fight!"

Edited by The UltimoScorp

With a subtle wave of Knichou's hand the hatch closed behind the forgetful Kat, and the Fe-Toa then engaged the lock with his armor's remote control of the ship's functions. Knichou sighed and began to drink some more, pausing only to ask:

"Who are you?"

IC: Barius - Po-Koro

Inside the walls, Barius' ACR began to rattle, as it was subjected to the sustained sonic punishment of the De-Toa he'd chased in here.

It wasn't the first time someone had tried to break his kit. The rig was pretty ramshackle-lookin', after all. But it was the first time in a while that someone managed to get his parts jostling around quite so much. That said, he wagered it was less than the Toa was hopin' for.

C'mon, give my handiwork a bit more credit than that...

He hurled himself towards Reson, off-hand stretched out before him, both for grabbing the little rattlebox and for keeping the bulk of the damaging sound waves off of his torso. Better to deal with the threat now, before the assault started damaging his rig.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Providence - Mesi Tunnel

Providence stared at the newcomer in confusion. The strange, Skakdi-adjacent creature was looking at Varian, but speaking of Aspects and servitude. Prov wasn't sure which of them was supposed to be getting worshiped right now.

OOC: @Dane @Snelly @Sparticus147 @Vezok's Friend

IC Kathrine of the Flame - The Taku:

With a cheerful smile, she repeated her planned earlier introduction, "I'm Kathrine! I mean if you wanna be all formal and stuff, I guess you could call me Kathrine of the Flame, but Kathrine's just fine. Or just Kat, if that's easier!"

@BULiK

IC: Reson - Po-Koro

Abandoning the sonic attack, Reson ducked under the outstretched arm and tried to circle behind the exo-suited skakdi, jabbing the tines of his staff towards the tubing that connected the back-mounted tank to the napalm launcher.