Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

5 hours ago, Sparticus147 said:

IC: Sala (Outside Metru-Koro)

"Oh right, we still need to fix your neck." Sala said looking up at his friend, before looking back down towards the huddled form of the toa. "H-hey, are you alright. If you need a moment that's ok but there is something on your back that my friend here needs to look at." Sala was left there to sit somewhat awkwardly, trying to comfort an emotionally distressed toa while simultaneously drawing all this attention to them.

5 hours ago, TL01 NUVA said:

IC: Keitara (outside cargo hauler)

Kei gave a shuddering nod, but otherwise seemed unwilling to relinquish her grasp on the remnants of her weapon. The full weight of what had happened was too massive for her to process all at once, so all of her pain and guilt was being dumped onto the damage of her precious tool.

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Shadow and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - South Gate of Metru-Koro (6, 9)

With - Sala and the Hauler Crew

On the Toa’s back? Sorilax awkwardly crouched down and leaned forward, using his long arms to keep from falling. The Toa had beautifully made gold and ivory armor, but he wasn’t sure what Sala was- OH! “Oh my!” Sorilax said in disbelief. There was a Kraata unlike any he had seen before. “Great jumping Mahi! Now this is a find, Sala! Good eye!

Sorilax decided to forego dignity and simply sat on the ground. He reached over to his backpack and pulled out his scroll about Aspects, his ink, and his pen. He wrote down the unique colors and his observation that the Kraata appeared to be level 2. He also wrote down more finite details, like how lively the Kraata seemed to be, how often it moved, the way it attached to the back of this Keitara.

This was wonderful. It meant other Kraata could be achieved. Maybe… even replace Fear, Anger, or Darkness? Could that be possible? Sorilax took note of Sala looking at him and it took him from his thoughts. The right thing would be to include the Matoran and fellow scholar in his thoughts. The damaged Aspect used his pen to motion to the Kraata, “As you noticed, this Kraata is of a coloration completely different from any known currently. This opens many questions and inquiries, but let us focus on the basics first.

Notice how the Kraata is a completely biological entity. It contains no non-biological protodermis, much like the spines seen running down the back of Skakdi or like the muscles that allow you to move about. The Kraata is alive, independent of the host in a way, though their lives are now intertwined. Notice how it attaches to the host's back near its head.

Sorilax motioned to the head, “The appearance is that of being level 2, though its power I can’t even guess at. This is quite fascinating. If someone figured out how to create a new version of Kraata, perhaps I could some day use that knowledge to lead me to be able to change myself. The implications are intriguing and mind boggling.

Using a Shadow hand to rub his chin in thought, Sorilax asked, “Do you concur, Sala? Does your perspective provide any further insights, old chap?

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Toru Nui @Tarn @Snelly @Conway @Burnmad @Keeper of Kraata @TL01 NUVA

• Like 2

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Sala (Sitting Awkwardly in the Cargo Hauler)

Although Sala took heed to listen to Sorilax's words, it was hard to look at the situation with an analytical eye with the quiet sobs of the toa before him. Overall, Sala felt uncomfortable at the situation but he knew some input would at least be appreciated by Sorilax. "Well, although these are mainly legends and I haven't ever encountered one myself, there are legends of toa and matoran of light, av-toa and av-matoran to be precise. From what I've read and heard they are able to channel the elemental power of light and were usually clad in white and gold armor." 

The sobs of the toa briefly made Sala pause before he continued, "Well, if this toa is indeed a toa of light, wouldn't that make her existence directly counterintuitive to your nature and by extension to a kraata's? Would such a union even be possible without some alterations to the ritual or the individuals involved in it?" Sala ending his statement by looking back towards Sorilax, but also looking back towards the other people currently watching, hoping they may be able to comfort the distressed toa better then him.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Toru Nui @Tarn @Snelly @Conway @Burnmad @Keeper of Kraata @TL01 NUVA

IC: Uraborask (Outside Po-Koro)

Uraborask was starting to get annoyed with this aspect's self-righteousness, exactly why he chose to be separated from all of this, but he knew his place in the pecking order and simply said, "So far, I think I have lived my live pretty worthwhile without any one telling me what to do, but that is not the reason we are out here." Getting out of the truck, Uraborask dragged out the near violently struggling skakdi trader from the backseat before dumping him onto the ground.

"This is why we are out here, this welp. An offering of strength, as much as you can get out of him. To be honest, I was not even planning on having him for myself, I was simply going to hand him off to you for later use."

OOC: @Toru Nui

Edited by Sparticus147
Added Uraborask's response because I forgot.
  • Like 1

IC: Knichou, Zakaz Airspace, Bridge of the Taku

Knichou listened carefully as Nale revealed her backstory. It was never easy to bring up the topic of an old friend, especially one who - in all likelihood - had died in the fighting in Metru Nui or during the resulting collapse of the universe. At this point, Knichou's crouch had transitioned into him sitting on the floor with Nale following suit beside him, the Toa of magnetism running her fingers along the engravings of the dagger that Knichou held loosely in his hand.

Nale continued to speak, playfully nudging Knichou and making a small joke with a weak smile to lighten the mood. Business and pleasure? ohnodidTriagetellherthathethoughtwewer-

Knichou's crimson kakama somehow grew more red, and he broke eye contact with Nale. Quickly the subject turned to get even more serious. This did help give more context to Nale's continued... history... with the Toa Code. She could never forgive Karvan until she broke the code herself, when she realized the consequences of her philosophy. If she couldn't forgive Karvan, which had splintered her team, she knew that she couldn't forgive herself. To accept her new reality, she had to recognize her past mistakes.

Knichou had been learning recently that leadership was... taxing, both physically and emotionally. It was a small comfort than even the Toa he looked up to as an example had similar faults. He had seen and been a part of Nale's struggle with the code, but he hadn't known of her struggle with a team, and the hard choices that came from that. Knichou hoped that he could learn from Nale's mistakes, and that the Taku and her children would not splinter in the same way.

By the end of the tale, both were Toa staring at the elegant curves of the blade, which reflected the evening light as Knichou rotated it in the air. Nale was leaning into him. Like earlier that day, when they spoke in his quarters. But... different, as they weren't alone this time. This wasn't the same moment of perceived weakness or shame, there was some new level of trust they were working off of, for Nale to feel comfortable enough to reveal this in the presence of many.

Knichou winced at Nale saying she should have been more like him. He had accepted Nale's confession in Po-Metru, yes, but he was no angel. In his eyes, he had already broken the Code a thousand fold, even as a matoran. Knichou had quite literally broken the sacred code of his people, and if Knichou had been a Toa, most of his life had been designing weapons and tools to help others break the Toa Code. Knichou had wondered if Mata Nui would punish him for his complicity. Now that Mata Nui was dead, he wondered if this world was his punishment.

"No."

Knichou turned to look Nale in the eyes.

"I never could have forgiven you had it not been for my own set of mistakes. You learned, you grew, and that made you stronger. Strong enough to risk your life to save me when we met in Onu-Metru."

He put the knife on the ground and placed his hand on her shoulder.

"Whatever this 'Karvan' guy did afterwards - he set himself on that path, and you tried to steer him away from it. We can only hope he eventually was able to learn from his mistakes as we have, even if it took years of separation for him to do so."

~~~

Back in the cargo bay, the crew of the Taku watched Kat begin a large string of push ups. As the Toa of fire continued to exercise, Exuze, the Ta-Lesterin crew member, walked beside where Kat was doing push ups and started doing push ups of his own. A little competition never hurt anyone, and the Lesterin of fire needed to relieve some pressure anyways. Suhaku and Arnex stood on the balcony above, looking down on the two firespitters and taking bets on who would last longer.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Skorm (Metru-Koro, Cargo Hauler)

Disgust and anger flickered across Skorm's kanohi, and the Twi-Toa stepped forward, maneuvering himself between Keitara and the healers. "Just because you healed her doesn't entitle you to treat her like some science experiment. If she wants, Keitara can answer your questions later."

Skorm himself had been curious about the kraata when he had first sensed it when he had first met Keitara, but hadn't asked about it on the trip, figuring, she'd tell him if she wanted to; he figured it was a sensitive topic. Something was... off about the being that had healed Keitara. Skorm narrowed his eyes as he focused his elemental senses: the kraata attached to Keitara was still affiliated with Light... but this stranger was heavily composed of Shadow; it was almost intoxicating. He almost didn't notice the kraata beneath Waveahk's arm plating. However, now was not the time for an inquisition.

The Twi-Toa leaned down, putting his hand on Keitara's shoulder. "Hey," he said, putting effort into sounding softer. "Kei, we're almost back. We're healed. Do you want to come back with us into the Koro?"

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Kal the Guardian @Snelly @Tarn @Conway @Burnmad @Toru Nui @TL01 NUVA

Edited by Keeper of Kraata
  • Like 3

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Keitara (slowly coming back to herself)

Skorm's surprisingly gentle voice settled like snow on the heat of Keitara's shame. While guilt was struggling to worm its way through her soul his tone held no blame, no anger. She turned around to face her friend, amazed that he'd still even want to associate with her after what she had done.

"Skorm… I'm...I'm so sorry" she stammered through her tears. "Y-you saved me. And I…"

Kei reached up hesitantly to the twi-Toa's hand, then gently grasped it. She slowly pulled herself up, moving close to her newly mended friend. She held tight to Skorm's hand as though he were a lifeline keeping her from floating away into the sky. She forced herself to meet the eyes of all the others she had harmed, eyes finally settling on Irna. Something in her stomach squirmed as she searched for blame in the warrior's face.

"I'm…" she began stickily, "I'm so, so sorry. I… I overestimated my abilities. I acted… r-rashly. I acted rashly a-and it nearly cost you all your lives." She fought to keep eye contact with Irna. "I p-promise to never act so rashly again… I-if you'll still have me."

That act sapped the last of her emotional strength. She huddled herself against Skorm, the shame of how she was acting feeding into her inability to risk meeting anybody's gaze. She was behaving like a newly forged matoran who had yet to become emotionally grown. Why had she said that? How could any of them trust someone who acted like this?

But, in spite of all of this, some small spark flickered within her. Skorm isn't acting like he blames you it said. The others made sure you were cared for. Irna nursed you even though she herself was sick. They didn't leave you behind. You can take this, learn from it, start to grow. Next time, you will know not to rush in. Next time, you can help keep them safe.

A tiny flame of hope began to kindle in Kei's chest as she stood there, huddling so close against Skorm that she could feel the heat radiating from his biological components and hear the rhythm of his heartlight.

As her head slowly cleared, some of what had been said slowly slotted into place. "A kraata?" she mumbled to herself, feeling a chill creep through a chink in her back armor.  "Why is there a kraata inside of me?"

(OOC:

@Kal the Guardian @Snelly @Toru Nui @Keeper of Kraata @TL01 NUVA @Conway @Tarn @Burnmad @Sparticus147)

Edited by TL01 NUVA
  • Like 2

Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

BZPRPG character masterpost

20220406_234727.jpg

"Just promise me something... don't let me go."

IC: Nale Vella and Triage - The Taku

"...you're right," she replied, after a long pause spent looking into Knichou's eyes. "No use dwelling on it anyways. I've got you now, and this ship." She then remembered they weren't alone, the non-existent veil that she had imagined forming around the two Toa as they spoke now lifting. Suddenly self-conscious about sharing so much information, Nale took a long look at the knife, then got to her feet. "Whatever you plan to do with that spear...make sure to buff out that name for me."

Meanwhile, Triage shrugged at Taja. "It was just an idea, but...Iradra's healing works differently. If you ever wished for this to be undone, then I think her light could be the way to do it. We have no way of knowing without, well...trying it." He looked down at his hands, clasping them together. "That's the part that worries me."

@BULiK@Eyru@Onaku

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

10 hours ago, Harvali said:

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

Finally he swallowed, “what do you think I should do now, to help Po-Koro? I can mend things, a Toa of Iron apparently built defenses to protect from raiders. and Arkius is building an underground refuge, but … there are more problems. I have heard some folks say that Po-Koro’s Turaga, Jovan, has lost hope after the attack. He just wanders the village, unresponsive. I don’t blame him, we all have suffered a lot, even Turaga and Toa might break. And it … it would be wrong to blame them for that. But … the village still needs a leader.

IC Stannis | Po-Koro

"Do you think age gives you wisdom? That experience cures into leadership?" the wizard asked. "Ahh but the truth could not be more different."

He gestured for Kanohi to walk by his side as they ambled through the throughways of the village as though they were inspecting its design. People busied themselves with tasks big and small, some shoring up defenses or fixing mud roofs in the wake of the Warskak attack, others drilling with weapons against straw dummies, others still performing their rote tasks of daily life, seeking comfort in the simple vocational habits. All of them were focused on one thing: Surviving in this terrible new land, hoping for a future to strive for. Theirs was not the lofty aspirations of repairing a dead god's husk or retaking Metru Nui by storm, they just wanted tomorrow to come, and tomorrow's morrow, and would do all they could to build that destiny together each, in their own way.

Moving away from the village was the Taku, having offloaded those going elsewhere or staying in town, and by then headed towards Metru Koro as Stannis had suggested earnestly to Knichou. The Wanderer, for what it was worth, was seemingly unconcerned by the passage of time, either because he could move faster than the airship or simply transacted at a different pace altogether. He promised a conversation with Kanohi before he departs to Metru Koro himself again, so he would deliver on that promise. 

"Too often I have seen old people with legends to share assume mantles of leadership by the grace of their storied pasts, and they have all faltered in their role. Wisdom is not earned, it has to be asked for, with humility and grace. Take Turaga Dume—he was one of the greatest leaders there ever was, and he was the rightful ruler of Metru Nui, and yet he thought to do the impossible and did terrible deeds to achieve some perverse pyrrhic victory. In doing so he arguably allowed his city to fall into chaos, corrupted by its turaga's delusions. Unwise. Turaga Sans, a man who has lived a life of virtue and inspiration, has poked an awake ash bear with a sharp stick, provoking them to continue a war. Unwise. Now you say this Jovan surrendered his hope and chooses to be in dismay when his charges need guidance. Leadership of the truest sort is never drawn from age or a title, Kanohi, but given freely by others who see the potential. You do not need to be old to be wise, or a turaga to have traits of good stewardship, you just require a good heart and an even better mind. 

"Po-Koro needs a leader? I can see that." he said. "So why not someone who has stepped up to help other people even when it seemed hopeless? Someone with an open mind and caring soul, someone strong and resilient in ways he often forgets what he's truly capable of? 

"... Why not you?"

21 hours ago, Onaku said:

IC: Okuo - Vault Hiripaki

"It's alright, just wishful thinking on my part." Okuo contemplated this for a moment before furrowing his brow and looking up again. "Hiripaki, would you be opposed to me studying and potentially writing an addition to your code?"

IC Hiripaki | Archives

The voice remained silent for a while as its intelligence considered Okuo's request, but a soft jazz tune could be heard barely emanating from the speakers hidden about the vault chamber in place of the silence, but it did nothing to dull the mounting suspense for the hacker toa. This went on for almost a full minute until the voice came back, turned the music off, and asked Okuo something in turn. "To do what, exactly? :huh: And I'll warn you because my programming tells me to: I can protecc myself if I sense a threat to my functions! :alert:"

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 1

IC: Ulkarr (Po-Koro Outskirts, Uraborask's Truck)

"...Do you see that flying machine on the horizon?" Ulkarr pointed to the Taku, now barely perceptible in the sky. "It is travelling to the other, larger settlement. I was supposed to be on it, before I received word of your arrival. I only came here to ensure that you would not harm these people. And without the ritual, there is only one way to guarantee that, a way you would no doubt find... disagreeable. But perhaps I could take your word for it... if you take me to my destination in your vehicle."

@Sparticus147

IC: Tekmo and Waveahk (Metru-Koro Outskirts, Cargo Hauler)

"So that's what it's called..."

"What is this 'Kraata', you speak of?"

@TL01 NUVA@Kal the Guardian@Sparticus147@Keeper of Kraata@Conway@Tarn@Snelly@Burnmad

IC: Mahryo

As the fireball surely struck the giant Mesi and distracted it, it not harmed it, Mahryo was happy to see Triki bolt into the cave.

"I thought we'd lost you!" He called. "Welcome back!"

He then returned his attention to the giant Mesi, firing his eyebeams at it to shrink it back down.

@Jakura Nuva @xccj @Toru Nui @Vezok's Friend

• Like 1

OOC: @Edelgard Ninja'd by the Mahryo post as this was being written, it'll get factored in with the next response.

IC [Strange tunnels - Making new friends]:

Behind Triki, the worm gave chase, body pulsing to propel the massive creature forward. Getting part of its anatomy forcibly altered twice within this short time frame had truly agitated it. It’s maw was agape with myriad teeth arranged on three rotating segments - a giant , living tunnel-boring machine.

Triki’s saving grace was that the way the creature moved allowed him to put a short distance between them and to stay ahead of the maw. But it wasn’t by much. If he was going to follow his companions he’d have to  find the tunnel they’d continued down into. And he’d have to do it quickly. If he lingered, he would be worm chow. 

IC [Strange Tunnels - Mesi Cavern]:

The oversized Mesi facetanked the fireball, screaming in rage and pain. Skin burned away and flesh sizzled, but the blind berserker kept coming, throwing a massive backhand at Mahryo. Lueji’s vines meanwhile managed to trip up the remaining shrunken Mesi again, who echoed their larger sibling's screams as the vines took hold and began to strangle them. But while they struggled, more of their regular sized brethren rushed forward. If the Skakdi brothers stayed in this spot, they would be cut off from their Vahki allies. 

The Mesi in front of Nu-8020 disappeared for an instant in a puff of white vapor and a wave of cold washed over the Vahki as its disk struck home at point blank, leaving the attacker frozen mid-punch, encased in a block of ice that was shaped into sharps icicles by the disks direction of impact. 

Only one of the other Vahki responded to her order however, firing its staves at the sonic duo. The other replied with a curt “Negative. Unit defending.” as it was beset by more Mesi itself, one of which had some sort of acid ability, judging by the unit’s smoking armor plating. 

The element of surprise had completely worn off by now and the Mesi had rallied. A half dozen of them broke off from the large congregation in the cavern to rush into the tunnel Takadox and his rescuers had escaped into. Nu-8020 could see the odds were stacked against them as her group became increasingly surrounded and were outnumbered at least ten to one, while their quarry was getting away.

Up ahead in the escape tunnel, Varian’s rocket exploded against the tunnel wall. Rubble rained down, threatening to partially collapse the passage, but the howl of the Mesi behind them didn’t let up.

"We are almost near the surface. Start thinking up where to go from there, because I have no idea."

“This place is a maze. How do you know that!?” Takadox asked, gasping for breath. He was sore all over after the ordeal of the past few days and had trouble keeping pace with the aspect, who was slowed down a little from carrying Vent, but not by much. Bringing up the rear, Varian had to move a little more carefully as well, this passage wasn’t quite as big as the previous ones.

OOC: The longer the fight in the congregation cave lasts, the more the remaining NPC Mesi will attack. There were about a hundred of them to begin with, and while a dozen or so have been taken out during the Takadox rescue and a few more since then, the rest are not going to just stand around and watch.

@Toru Nui @xccj @Jakura Nuva @Burnmad @Dane-gerous @Snelly @Sparticus147

• Like 1

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: NU-8020S (Mesi Cavern)

"Enemy meatbags - while pathetic - are too numerous! Retreat! Evacuate this cavern immediately!" NU-8020S called out to both Vahki and organic allies alike, as she scooped her Freeze Disk back into her mandibles and prepared to hold the line. Firing up her null core, she fired the null ray towards the fleshling with the acid powers accosting her kin, so he could escape.

@Vezok's Friend@Edelgard@Jakura Nuva@xccj

Edited by Toru Nui
  • Like 1

Knichou nodded and stood up as Nale's demeanor shifted, using his powers to float the pole into his hand. He twirled it around in the air, getting a feel for the staff's size. As he did so, he began to speak.

"A staff or spear's power comes from its reach, but the longer the spear, the more cumbersome it is to maneuver and store. Let's find out if I can solve that..."

He held the pole flat out in front of him, and closed his eyes. Knichou absorbed metal in multiple small rings in along the length of the pole at near equal distances. He then opened his eyes, and with a sudden kick, snapped the polearm in two over his knee where one of these structural weaknesses was. He did the same for the other weak points that he had created, and now the staff was split into five tubes.

He took one of the tubes in his hand and closed his eyes. The inside of the protosteel tube filled up, sealing it and giving it more mass. When that was finished, he took the tube and stroked his hand along it, absorbing the outer layers of metal in a fashion that made it look like he was shaping wet clay, but squeezing the metal out of existence instead of pushing it out of the structure. This gave him a much sturdier but thinner cylinder.

He dropped that one to the floor, taking another one of the five tubes instead. He made this one smaller as well, somewhere in between the original size and the size of the new, thinner cylinders. After some trial and error, the smaller tube fit well inside the medium tube, being able to slide in and out freely. He repeated this process for another tube, keeping this one the original size and fitting its inside with that of the medium tube. He let go of the tubes, floating them in the air with his powers over iron. He willed them to extend, the middle tube sliding out of the first, and the end tube sliding out of the middle to form one half of the original length of the spear. The other half would be a bit more complicated.

This was when he brought out the secret sauce. One hand extended to more easily exert Knichou's will over the floating tubes, one of the strange tools on the ground floated up to his other hand. This tool looked like a strange pistol with an iStone crudely welded on top. He pressed several buttons on the display, then held the trigger down while sweeping the crosshair over the series of tubes. An image of the scan displayed on the iStone-like device. After fiddling with the device for a few more seconds, Knichou floated two of the protodermis bricks up in the air, then did another sweep with the device, this time over the brick. As the device's aim passed over the two bricks, those parts of the protodermis began to reshape themselves in the rough form of the telescoping spear.

Knichou carefully placed the device back on the ground, and began the real work. There were two near identical copies of both halves of the telescoping spear, and Knichou had to merge them. He put his hands in the air in front of him and began making strange motions. His suit used these gestures to control the programmed shape of the nanites, interpreting them as if Knichou was sculpting the spear without touching it. He used the control of the Nynrah technology and his powers over iron to fit the spear together. The middle section was still the original pole, albeit slightly thicker. Two telescoping sections on one side were built mostly out of the protosteel from the original spear shaft, while the two sections on the other half were entirely formed of the strange variation of metallic protodermis that Knichou's adaptive armor was constructed out of.

After a few minutes of tinkering, the spear looked near completion. Knichou shaped the end on the nanite side into a piercing tip, and floated the dagger up to slot into the regular protosteel end. The grip of it melted away into the shaft, leaving only the engraved blade exposed. Knichou plucked the spear of the air, using his armor's connection to the nanites to will it to extend and retract fully. He tested this a few times, then put his hand on the bladed end and turned to Nale for confirmation.

"Are you sure you want the name gone? It can be important to remember the past, even if you have regrets from it."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Skorm (Metru-Koro)

Furrowing his mask, Skorm looked between Keitara and Sorilax. She didn't know about the kraata on her?

"... Alright, maybe you should be looked over if you haven't noticed, though I don't think its urgent. I sensed it before we even left yesterday, so you didn't get it in the swamp."

OOC: @TL01 NUVA @Conway @Burnmad @Kal the Guardian @Sparticus147 @Snelly @Tarn @Toru Nui

• Like 1

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Parnassus | Boss' War Party

In another life, perhaps, Parnassus would have stayed to try and fight the sand worm, maybe even win a little glory for themself and begin the process of commandeering Boss' little war party for their own. But Parnassus also knew that staying to fight could -- even for an Aspect such as themself -- mean death, true death. And such a thing couldn't happen now. The time wasn't right, after all....

So, instead, Parnassus sped away from the beast, joining Boss and the others in their escape.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Irna | Metru-Koro Outskirts

"I agree," Irna said, taking hold of Kei's other shoulder. "For now, I think all of us need some rest, first and foremost."

OOC: @TL01 NUVA @Keeper of Kraata

-Void

• Like 2

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Waveahk (Metru-Koro Outskirts, Cargo Hauler)

Waveahk turned to Morangad. "I believe this is your stop. I'm afraid I can't offer you a ride back to the swamp. I have no intention of going anywhere near that place ever again. Perhaps I can convince the Turaga to lend us the use of one of the airships..." He trailed off, and started drinking from his canteen, sitting back down in the driver's seat.

@Burnmad@Conway@Tarn@Snelly@Keeper of Kraata@TL01 NUVA@Kal the Guardian@Sparticus147

"This is starting to get out of hand." With a scowl, Uraborask responded to Ulkarr's offer, "Fine, if that will get you to trust me, then sure. But that still leaves this one, what am I suppose to do with him, keep in the back of the truck, let him go, or just simply kill him." Squatting down over the defeated figure of the tradeskak, Uraborask started to pull out his machete, ready for whatever may come next.

"Actually yeah, that probably would be the best for you all, Sorilax and I actually have our own business here in Metru-Koro as well. Speaking of which, do any of you know any good mechanics or fe-toa and or matoran who can help repair Sorilax here?"

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Tarn @Keeper of Kraata @Snelly @Conway @Toru Nui @TL01 NUVA @Burnmad

IC: Apex (Ash Barrens)

Apex followed the trail through the mixture of sand and volcanic ash till nightfall. As a being born of shadows, Apex never felt fear from it, she knew she would one day rejoin it but she didn't think she would ever be afraid of it, that had changed since her confinement. She now feared nothing more then her inevitable death and return to that empty void, and she now swore to never succumb to it.

Taking a brief moment to survey her surroundings, and to make sure that she had not lost the trail, she spied what appeared to be the light of a small campfire within a rocky outcropping. Slowly approaching, she took note of the skakdi lowrider parked outside of it, and hidden within the cover of night, noticed the red skinned skakdi inside, cooking what appeared to have once been a mahi. At last, her prey was in sight and she would take pleasure in the kill.

Working her way ever so closer, taking heed to stay out of the fire light, she loomed on the rock wall just outside the entrance above the lowrider. Using one of her long powerful forearms, she launched a quick punch at the vehicle, causing it to topple over and devastating the engine of it. The red skakdi, hearing the commotion, quickly made his way out, a long scimitar in hand, caked with the blood of many victims.

Not giving the skakdi a moments notice, Apex lunged forwards, knocking the skakdi onto the ground and disarming him. Trying to brute force his way out, the skakdi eventually blasted out a beam of heat that struck Apex in her armored shoulder, but fury was all that she felt. Slashing downwards with her smaller arms, Apex managed to eventually slash out the eyes of the skakdi, her powerful forelimbs preventing any further assault or escape.

The skakdi, now blind and disarmed, did nothing else but string along curses and swears when he wasn't howling in pain and agony, the sounds of which truly brought joy to Apex's senses. But then a thought made it's way into her mind, the skakdi respected one thing for sure, and that was fear. Leering back down towards the crawling figure, Apex leaned down, her breath smothering the skakdi and his words as she spoke, "I am Apex, and though I doubt your pitiful history would remember me, I was your predator. You are too live, if only to spread my name to your kin." Grabbing the skakdi by his limbs with her mighty claws, she took off and began to fly northwards into the vast desert, making her way towards the mass of shacks and huts known simply as the Rig.

• Like 1

IC: Ulkarr (Po-Koro Outskirts, Uraborask's Truck)

"If he is not to be used as sacrifice, then his death is unnecessary. Release him. He has heard everything. He will spread word that an Aspect defends these settlements, which will serve to discourage any would-be aggressors." Ulkarr knelt to address the captive. "You have heard everything we have said, yes?"

@Sparticus147

"Well, I don't know about 'mechanic', but I am known to possess a mechanical aptitude-"

"Since when?"

"Since always... wait a minute, you said repair him?" Tekmo turned to face Sorilax. "What seems to be the problem, exactly?"

@Sparticus147@Kal the Guardian@Keeper of Kraata@TL01 NUVA@Conway@Tarn@Snelly@Burnmad

Reaching down towards the bound skakdi, Uraborask removed both the gag and the blindfold and went to work cutting away the restraints. Ungagged, the tradeskak immediately started babbling to Ulkarr, "Yes, thank you, thank you almighty aspect, thank you for the mercy you have offered to me. I shall return to the Rig and tell every skaklet and their mother that these settlements are under your protection, great..great..uh, uh..." the skakdi paused for a brief moment, trying to draw up a name before Uraborask told him it, "ULKARR! Yes, the great and mighty Ulkarr protects these settlements." 

With the last of the restraints cut, the tradeskak immediately started to bolt away, but paused for a brief second, looking back hoping that neither Uraborask or Ulkarr would pursue him. Seeing that neither are making any moves, the tradeskak continued on his, hopefully being able to make it back to the Rig by himself.

As the tradeskak ran, Uraborask immediately jumped into the car, not caring to waste a second longer, waiting for the aspect to hop in as well before riding out.

OOC: @Toru Nui Have us start driving out whenever you want.

• Like 1

IC: Ulkarr (Po-Koro Outskirts, Uraborask's Truck, Telepathic Link)

Ulkarr climbed into the cab and sat down in the passenger's seat. "Follow the flying machine," he said, pointing towards the Taku on the horizon. "Initiate the combustion of fossil fuels to facilitate propulsion."

As the truck began the journey to Metru-Koro, Ulkarr contacted Bode through the telepathic link. Booodeee... I'm afraid I must leave you. I have procured an alternate means of travel to Metru-Koro without the use of the flying machine. I will return when my questions regarding the upcoming conflict have been answered. You must keep me appraised of the situation in Po-Koro, as well as any further precognitive visions from Kanohi. Do you understand?

@Sparticus147@Harvali

• Like 1

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

The anxiety-ridden failure of a Fe-Matoran had listened in carefully through Stannis’s wisdom. It was … to say it so bluntly, that Turaga were not inherently wise, that experience and great deeds did not gain wisdom, that greatness did not make a leads right. It was … it was stunning to hear. But it … it sort of made sense. He knew some Toa struggled under their responsibilities, and with Mata-Bui … dead, it was … become clear that destiny might be more complicated than he once thought. It was simpler on Okoto.

…Was it simpler on Okoto? Truly? For the first time in years, Kanohi wondered how accurate his memory was of home. Their had Toa failed to defeat the League, their Turaga failed to lead the Matoran to safety. It was … they weren’t great heroes like Stannis and Knichou, but they had still been anointed by Mata-Nui to become Toa. And they … failed.

And then Stannis’s closing sentence dawned on him.

Kanohi stumbled, struggling to balance on his staff. “I … I can’t lead. I-I’m a coward, a fool, I don’t understand importance decisions, leaders need to be smart. I … I can’t read people, I assume the best of them even when everyone can see the warning signs. And I-I fall to pieces at the first sign of conflict. Leaders n-need to have courage, to be strong. Leaders need to keep their village safe. I … I couldn’t keep Metru-Nui safe, I-I tried but I failed. And many of the people I did save from the invasion d-died in the Impact. If I had helped you and Knichou instead of just trying to be a bandage … And I-I couldn’t keep Po-Koro safe from the raid either. And in Okoto … I ran. What if I run again?

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

IC Bode - Po-Koro

Understood I … I will try to monitor things,” he swallowed, the next thing had had to ask was overwhelming. But he had to. He … he owed Ramaka that much, and far more. “I … I need to know. When the Skakdi did the Rite, it wasn’t another Matoran, was it?

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Ulkarr (Po-Koro Outskirts, Uraborask's Truck, Telepathic Link)

No, his offering was another Skakdi. Not that it matters, as his irrational behaviour led him to decline my offer at the last minute, and the one he would've had sacrificed has been allowed to live, as his death now serves no purpose. Since Uraborask the Hunter has not undertaken the ritual, I no longer have any guarantee he will not bring harm to your places of refuge, but he has agreed to take me to Metru-Koro in his crude personal transport, as a show of good will.

@Harvali

• Like 1

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku

She watched the Fe-Toa work, always in awe at his skills. The scrap-built spear became a work of art, crafted at the hands of an experienced (former) Nynrah Ghost, a new tool to represent a new Nale. The telescoping nature of it meant it would have a lower profile while she carried it, as well. She reached her hand out almost automatically to take it once Knichou had finished working on it, already wanting to play with the new toy, but the Toa of Iron's last comment made her pause.

"I'm certain," Nale replied. "You can put whatever you like there--karz, your own name if you want. Like a mark to say it's another Knichou original or something. I'm not trying to forget the past, at least not this time. I just...think that chapter is over."

She looked over the form of the spear, from end to end. "Thank you for this. You had other ideas as well, right? I'd like to see you work on those too."

@BULiK

IC: Jutori - Ruined Fort

"Last thing I expected us to do on this trip was have a funeral, but I guess there's always some kind of variable when all of us are together."

@Snelly@~Xemnas~@pokemonlover360@Harvali@Onaku

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Morangad - Cargo Hauler

The Tiokaha scowled. Did these folk truly intend to simply walk away, after their meddling had caused grievous harm to the swamp's ecosystem? He considered asking directly - and pointedly - but a more pressing query, which filled him with even more disgust, took precedence.

"Air... ship?"

OOC: @Conway @TL01 NUVA @Toru Nui @Tarn @Snelly @Keeper of Kraata @Kal the Guardian @Sparticus147

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Harvali said:

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

Kanohi stumbled, struggling to balance on his staff. “I … I can’t lead. I-I’m a coward, a fool, I don’t understand importance decisions, leaders need to be smart. I … I can’t read people, I assume the best of them even when everyone can see the warning signs. And I-I fall to pieces at the first sign of conflict. Leaders n-need to have courage, to be strong. Leaders need to keep their village safe. I … I couldn’t keep Metru-Nui safe, I-I tried but I failed. And many of the people I did save from the invasion d-died in the Impact. If I had helped you and Knichou instead of just trying to be a bandage … And I-I couldn’t keep Po-Koro safe from the raid either. And in Okoto … I ran. What if I run again?

IC Stannis | Po-Koro

"Bah," Stannis said with a dismissive wave. "Leadership is about building other people up and inspiring them to succeed. Po-Koro doesn't need a politician, it needs someone who gives a #### about living." He sighed heavily, as though the weight of the world rested on his shoulders, and considered his thoughts before speaking again. 

When he did, he sought to temper Kanohi's anxieties with his own confidence in the matoran. "Many people become leaders because of what they done, but it's people like you who have the potential for doing what is right in the future who should truly take the reins. I have faith in your abilities and morality, Kanohi—I think you have the stuff of greatness untapped within you. You did what you could at the time, and I would ask you do nothing less in the future. Destiny is yours for the taking—take it."

• Like 2

IC: Providence - Mesi Tunnels

"Just trust me!" The Aspect replied. He didn't have time to explain the peculiarities of his shadow abilities to the blue-clad warrior.

As he glanced back at his allies once more, something occurred to him, which nearly caused him to stop dead in his tracks. An Aspect curse escaped his mouth. "The way we came in is too narrow! Varian won't be able to fit!"

He was still moving, but drastically slowed. He had already begun to probe the tunnels around them for an alternate route.

OOC: @Dane-gerous @Snelly @Sparticus147 @Toru Nui @Vezok's Friend

IC: Keitara (Cargo Hauler)

Kei heard the swamp dweller's words, and a whole new wave of emotions crashed through her.

"Um...Wuh-Wise One?" she hazarded. "I... I'm sorry that I hurt your crab. I... I just wanted to scare her off..." Surprisingly, she found that the tears were starting to peter out, though her chest still ached from the sobs. The warmth and reassurance from Skorm and Irna was centering to her, allowing her to stand a bit more steadily. "I never imagined anything like what happened back there was possible. I... If I've hurt your home and its creatures, I promise to do whatever I can to set things right."

(OOC: @Conway @Burnmad @Toru Nui @Tarn @Snelly @Keeper of Kraata @Kal the Guardian @Sparticus147)

• Like 1

20220406_234727.jpg

IC: Zak-Yak (Escaping in the Mesi Tunnels)

Zak-Yak had been following the party has quickly as he can, his mechanical limb helping to propel him forwards but he was still pretty winded when he heard Providence said that his master wouldn't be able to fit and escape. "Oh no, Master can't fit, what Zak-Yak do, what Zak-Yak do, what...Zak-Yak know what to do!" As Zak-Yak spontaneously materialized within the middle of the party, most likely startling everyone around, especially the blue warrior.

As Zak-Yak appeared, he focused his gaze on Varian, devoting as much mental concentration has he could in a moment of stress like this, till at last, two ethereal beams struck Varian, turning him invisible to everyone but Zak-Yak and allowing him to pass through the tunnel exit.

OOC: @Vezok's Friend @Burnmad @Dane-gerous @Snelly

Knichou thought for a moment at Nale's confirmation. Knichou was never one to erase history - there is a reason he never bothered to remove the mark of exile that branded his armor. He had accepted, overcome, and owned that pain. But Nale was not Knichou, and Knichou was compelled to honor her request. Her suggestion of leaving a mark on his work wasn't new - he had just been more subtle in the past. When you're a Nynrah Ghost, your signature is entwined within your designs, hidden in such a way that only a fellow master engineer could truly recognize the work of another. This informal system was one of the many side effects of such a secretive guild, where clients rarely met their designers in person. Leaving a signature so... blatant... was new to Knichou, not the mention the strange and somewhat troubling implication of replacing the name of Nale's former teammate and lover with his. Perhaps I'm just being a bit superstitious...

Knichou rubbed his hand along the sides of the blade, scrubbing away Karvan's name and replacing it with his own in the familiar circular matoran script. As a final step, he held the center grip with both hands, closed his eyes, and absorbed away a thin layer of metal in a checkered pattern for a better grip. He thought for the telescoping spear to retract and the machine obeyed his command. He handed it to Nale, who was quickly confused how to operate it given there were no buttons on the surface of the device.

"Hold on, you'll need this," Knichou said. He pressed a few buttons on his gauntlet, then used his hand to reach into his other arm's armor, which became a liquid on his touch, and plucked out a chunk of the liquid metal nanites. The rest of his armor shifted density and shape to reseal his armor and compensate for the minor loss in mass. The small amorphous ball of liquid metal looked alien between his fingers.

"Hold still..."

He took a step forward so he was right in front of Nale. The two Kakama-wearers were inches apart, simultaneously comfortably and uncomfortably close. If Knichou wasn't deafened by the sound of his heartlight pulsing, he would have been able to hear the breathing of the speechless Toa of magnetism. He took his hand and pressed the globule of nanites into the forehead of her Kakama. It stuck to the surface of her kanohi with a magnetic ferocity and quickly spread out to become unnoticeably thin, seeping into the microscopic cracks and pores of the Kakama's surface. The nanites washed down to build a transparent layer over the eye holes, and a minor heads up display appeared in Nale's vision. It quickly disappeared when Nale instantly wondered if she could turn this annoying clutter off, then reappeared as soon as Nale wondered where it went and how to get it back. Whatever she was looking for, if it was there, quickly appeared and lit up to make itself apparent. There were a few beeps Nale could have sworn came from inside her head, and a few notifications scrolled across the top of her vision, indicating a successful installation.

> HAVE A VERY SAFE DAY

There was a lot to take in, and some functions that appeared to be disabled whenever Nale thought to see if they existed. A box appeared in the corner when she looked at Knichou, the nanites recognizing another user of the Nynrah nano-armor system in communications range

> TARGET: KNICHOU
> IFF: LOADING . . .

> TARGET: KNICHOU
> IFF: FRIEND

Knichou took a step back and cleared his throat, letting Nale adjust to what he had given her for a moment. He then remembered what she had said last.

"Ahem. Yes. I already mentioned the shield. The shield is next... I'll, uh, get to that in a moment. First, make sure you can use the spear. It will follow your commands, just think an action and it will do what you wish. You can expand and contract both sides, and also retract the spike and blade if you want to make the spear... err... less lethal. I'll have to show you the other functions of your Kanohi later, you'll get used to them."

~~~

Exuze sped up, foolishly trying to match the Toa's pace. After thirty seconds of keeping pace with Kat, he couldn't continue, and collapsed to rest flat on the floor. He rolled over on his back, breathing heavily. On the catwalk above, Arnex groaned and passed a few widgets to a smug, cheering Suhaku.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

IC Kathrine of the Flame - Taku:

When he ran out of steam and flipped, Kat couldn't help but to laugh, though not in a jeering way. She hopped up and offered a hand to Exuze, with nary a grunt or groan of exertion."You did great!" She exclaimed with such earnestly that it left no thoughts of false pity or deception.

IC: Taku Crew, Zakaz Airspace, The Taku

The Ta-Lesterin accepted the help, Kat quickly pulling him up to a standing position.

"An' you did greatah!" Exuze replied. "Ya Calix wouldn't've anythin' to do with that, would it?"

On 5/8/2020 at 5:56 PM, Sparticus147 said:

IC: Sala (Sitting Awkwardly in the Cargo Hauler)

Although Sala took heed to listen to Sorilax's words, it was hard to look at the situation with an analytical eye with the quiet sobs of the toa before him. Overall, Sala felt uncomfortable at the situation but he knew some input would at least be appreciated by Sorilax. "Well, although these are mainly legends and I haven't ever encountered one myself, there are legends of toa and matoran of light, av-toa and av-matoran to be precise. From what I've read and heard they are able to channel the elemental power of light and were usually clad in white and gold armor." 

The sobs of the toa briefly made Sala pause before he continued, "Well, if this toa is indeed a toa of light, wouldn't that make her existence directly counterintuitive to your nature and by extension to a kraata's? Would such a union even be possible without some alterations to the ritual or the individuals involved in it?" Sala ending his statement by looking back towards Sorilax, but also looking back towards the other people currently watching, hoping they may be able to comfort the distressed toa better then him.

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Shadow and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - South Gate of Metru-Koro (6, 9), outside of Cargo Hauler

With - Sala, Waveahk, Tekmo, Skorm, Keitara, Irna, Skyra, Rose, Morangad

Sorilax sat back in a daze as Sala spoke. There were beings that could control Light? He… How? Wha…? There was so much to think about and consider that he didn’t know where to begin. If mortal beings could control Light, then that meant Light could be controlled and potentially warped by the Great Beings Sala had told him about before. And if that was the case, then it was very possible that some day Sorilax could find a way to undo what his very creation had done to him and his thoughts. If he could find a way to break the shackles of being created an Aspect…

Sala posed a question regarding the nature of Kraata. The question bounced around the cargo hauler. Sorilax numbly got to his feet. “It would be, yes. Shadow abhors Light. Shadow is pierced by it in all ways. There must have been many alterations made. But that proves alterations can be made, that I can make them!

20 hours ago, Keeper of Kraata said:

IC: Skorm (Metru-Koro, Cargo Hauler)

Disgust and anger flickered across Skorm's kanohi, and the Twi-Toa stepped forward, maneuvering himself between Keitara and the healers. "Just because you healed her doesn't entitle you to treat her like some science experiment. If she wants, Keitara can answer your questions later."

Skorm strode forward, setting himself in between Keitara and Sorilax. The Aspect was lost in thought and missed what the gray Toa had said to him. I can do this. The world is changing. I can feel it. Just two weeks ago what was impossible is now very possible. I will make things right in this world. Sorilax looked down at the scroll in his hands about Aspects. He wrote down three words that filled him with hope: Aspect of Light?

11 hours ago, Toru Nui said:

"So that's what it's called..."

"What is this 'Kraata', you speak of?"

The green sounding voice spoke again. Sorilax needed to track down whose voice that was. It had asked about Kraata. “Oh, hum? Kraata?” Sorilax shifted, his mind becoming clear. Sala would know the stance. Sorilax was about to give an information dump. “Kraata are a non-sentient yet non-Rahi creation of Aspects of Makuta. There are forty two variations, each providing their own unique powers. Well,” Sorilax looked to Keitara, “Maybe forty three. The level of power ranges from one to six, with a potential seventh hypothesized. They are incapable of surviving on their own and require a host to live. Once attached to a host, their host is now capable of using the Kraata’s power. If separated from the host, both the Kraata and the host will die.” Sorilax held up his scroll on Aspects, showcasing sketches of Kraata from level one to three, with no visuals given for four to six, just notes theorizing on their appearance.

To be created, an Aspect of Makuta requires the still beating Heartlight of a sentient being and a willing host that has agreed to do an Aspect’s wish. The Aspect recites the Desecration Rites,” Sorilax scrolled to the poem in his notes, “and the Heartlight is consumed, with a Kraata forming on the back of the host. Once the Kraata is attached, the host and Aspect are able to communicate telepathically through internal voice only. No pictures nor emotions can be sent. Nor can they read each other's minds. One must intentionally send a mental message.

Concerning the wish, I haven’t been able to figure out why it is required, but it very much seems to be. And it can’t be something small. There needs to be some weight of importance to it.

Scrolling back to the diagrams of Kraata, Sorilax continued, “Kraata are primarily comprised of organic protodermis, each having their own set of lungs and-

Sala nudged the Aspect, interrupting his fellow chronicler to pose his own question.

3 hours ago, Sparticus147 said:

"Actually yeah, that probably would be the best for you all, Sorilax and I actually have our own business here in Metru-Koro as well. Speaking of which, do any of you know any good mechanics or fe-toa and or matoran who can help repair Sorilax here?"

3 hours ago, Toru Nui said:

"Well, I don't know about 'mechanic', but I am known to possess a mechanical aptitude-"

"Since when?"

"Since always... wait a minute, you said repair him?" Tekmo turned to face Sorilax. "What seems to be the problem, exactly?"

Finally, he knew who owned the green sounding voice. It was a green looking Toa all along.

Sorilax answered Tekmo, “My chest armor integrity is currently abysmal, the damage even extending to hinder all movement of my neck and shoulders. I have the blueprints for the body around here-” Sorilax paused, What am I doing? The lives in Le-Metru Nuva are much more important than my armor. No matter how much I subconsciously put myself above others.Actually, there is a much more pressing matter. To the south there lies a village of refugees much like my friend here. They are in desperate need of supplies and protection. The Fau Swamp is no place for any sentient being. Something foul marks the deep waters of that wretched locale.

Sorilax motioned to Sala, “We have traveled far to extend knowledge of this village to you, as trying to leave the swamp en masse might be more dangerous than just living there. If you have access to one of those airships you talked about, then that might be the safest way to travel and help your kin.

1 hour ago, Burnmad said:

IC: Morangad - Cargo Hauler

The Tiokaha scowled. Did these folk truly intend to simply walk away, after their meddling had caused grievous harm to the swamp's ecosystem? He considered asking directly - and pointedly - but a more pressing query, which filled him with even more disgust, took precedence.

"Air... ship?"

A purple… Toa? asked a question about airships and Sorilax paused, wondering. He felt like he had seen this being before. But the Aspect couldn’t place where. He took a few steps back. That was better somehow. But it wasn’t enough. The stupefied Sorilax held up a hand to cover one of his eyes. Covering his optical sensor worked for some reason. The answer was on the tip of his artificially manufactured tongue. He squinted his remaining eye.

Morangad_Big_Foot_Sighting.jpg

That was it! Sorilax had seen him several times off in the distance in the Fau Swamp! It was always out of the corner of his eye. And the being had always vanished from sight soon after like he could sense Sorilax had seen him. The Aspect had only ever caught momentary snippets of the being. They were so few and far between he thought for sure he had made the being up in his mind. But here this purple, uh, Toa? was, just as real as the Aspect and Sala were. So you were real after all, Sorilax thought, will wonders never cease? I wonder how he always knew I was there?

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Toru Nui @Conway @TL01 NUVA @Tarn @Snelly @Keeper of Kraata @Burnmad

• Like 7

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku

"Ah, well...this is new."

Nale placed a hand on her mask. Knichou had literally given her a part of himself, something that felt almost symbolic (although she didn't dwell on it as much in the moment), and made her Kakama decidedly more high-tech than prior. The HUD flashed on when she willed it to, and disappeared when she willed it to do that, too, and she flicked it back and forth a couple times, a giddy grin appearing on her face as she looked around the room through new eyes. "So, this is how you see things?" she asked, before testing the link to her spear. The sharp end retracted back inside the polearm, and then the rest of it into a form for easier carry, then with just her thoughts the spear extended to full length again. Nale twirled it a couple times before the polearm retracted again into its smaller form.

The Toa of Magnetism returned her gaze to Knichou as he spoke. "I think it works," she said, still smiling. "Feels a bit odd to control it this way, but a lot more fun, too." Then, curious of what else her nanites could do, she asked, "What kind of other functions?"

@BULiK

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Keitara (Cargo Hauler)

The word "heartlight" slammed into Keitara like a giant monster crab.

You needed a heartlight to make a kraata.

A beating heartlight.

Kei felt bile rising in her throat. She tightened her grasp on Irna and Skorm. Turning to the twi-toa, she swallowed with some difficulty and asked "Skorm... are they telling the truth? Do I- Oh Gods, Great Beings and the dark Karzahni do I have a dead being's heartlight attached to me?" Kei's hard-one composure was straining at the seams, but she doggedly held on as she looked up into Skorm's golden eyes. "Skorm, I... I don't remember any of this. Did... Karzahni, does this mean I killed someone just for their..." She had to stop to swallow back the bitter taste of bula leaf and her nearly forgotten breakfast. The end of the sentence hung in the air like a noose.

(OOC: @Conway @Burnmad @Toru Nui @Tarn @Snelly @Keeper of Kraata @Kal the Guardian @Sparticus147)

Edited by TL01 NUVA
There is no spoon
  • Like 1

20220406_234727.jpg

Knichou used his powers to float two tubes of metal into his hand. These were leftovers from cutting up the spear. They floated together and melted into each other, morphing into a ball of protosteel which slowly grew in size as Knichou used more of his elemental powers on it. As Knichou did this he began counting with the fingers of his other hand, eventually giving up as he ran out of fingers.

"What other functions are there? Oh... you know... short wave radio, text-based messaging, basic identify-friend-foe system for other nanosuit wearers, links to smart weapon systems, a custom link I've been building into certain Taku controls like door locks, iStone data synchronization and display adapter, calculator, notepad, pedometer, and uh... the alarm clock. That's a big one. Y'know... standard, in-the-field type stuff."

Edited by BULiK