Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Taja | Aboard the Taku 

Taja nodded to Knichou in thanks and settled down into the pilot's chair, carefully keeping her hands away from the myriad of buttons and knobs that controlled who knew what.

"Better," she said in response to Triage's question. "But not by much."

IC: Triage - The Taku

"Better is better," Triage said reassuringly. As he spoke he lowered his voice, trying not to distract from the conversation at hand while also checking in on a patient. "In medical terms, any sign of improvement is good. We've been getting acquainted with your..." he glanced over to Whisper, an unsure look on his face, "...friend. Anything you feel like adding, or are you still pretty shaken?"

@Eyru

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Taja | Aboard the Taku 

"No," she said softly, her gaze hardening at Triage's comment. "And friend is pushing it."

Even the sight of the Aspect made her anxious. She felt hot and cold at the same time, and her hands were clammy. Coming here had been a mistake. But she forced herself to stay. To keep her eyes open. 

IC: Knichou, Po-Koro Airspace, Bridge of the Taku

Knichou took a seat in the nearby co-pilot's chair, letting Triage and Iradra watch over Taja. He stayed silent, curious how Stannis would respond. Whisper was right that Stannis seemed to have a very strong view of her. The old Toa seemed relatively unsurprised by the Aspect's earlier revelations. Was Stannis just using his stone-cold poker face, or was there more the old Toa knew? The ex-Ghost pressed a button on the chair and the door to the bridge sealed itself once more.

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Mahryo - Tunnels

Mahryo considered wielding his powers over fire as well - but decided against it. In all likelihood, he would burn his brother's vines away before doing any damage to their dastardly foes. Instead, he turned his attention to the enemies trying to flee - and beams of light once more shot forth, this time with the intent to make their target grow to twice their size. With any luck, the target - Takadox, of course - would become too big to fit all the way through. Once he was stuck, they could capture him with ease!

@Jakura Nuva@Toru Nui@Snelly@Dane-gerous@Burnmad@Sparticus147@Vezok's Friend

• Like 1

IC: Iradra - The Taku

Iradra remained silent by Taja's side, her emotionless bronze facade betraying none of the uncertain and uneasy expression hidden underneath as her white glowing eyes came to a rest on the strange creature responsible for Taja's condition.

IC: Zadred - Ruined Fort

Zadred helped move what rubble she could, displaying surprising strength despite her meagre frame as she lifted large chunks of debris and carried them off. "I- ungh!- don't know much of anything- argh!- about the Skakdi of this land, but I- hngh!- do remember some- huff!- rites from back home." The runt of a Skakdi exhaled from exertion as she placed down the chunk of rubble she'd been carrying, looking back over to her companions with heavy breath. "For... whatever that's worth."

@pokemonlover360 @Tarn @Snelly @~Xemnas~ @Harvali

IC: Rangi - Ruins of Fire

"... It is?" Rangi asked with genuine confusion as his steed carefully followed after Enra.

@Nato the Traveler @Toru Nui

• Like 1

IC: Xane - Ruins of Fire

"It is," he nodded, taking up the rear as the group entered the structure. "Of course, Enra, it's not exactly a hard-and-fast rule. If you'd prefer not to take point, one of us can." 

OOC: @Onaku @Toru Nui

• Like 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Falh - Zakaz, Navu's Place 

He felt sick. Were the symptoms back? His breathing sped up as he stared at the creature on his shoulder. 

Then, without warning, there was an odd sound akin to that of something blasting at incredible speeds, before Falh's form instantaneously warped in shape and seemingly vanished.

The room was apparently empty, then.

OOC: @Eyru

• Like 2

On 5/2/2020 at 1:19 AM, Nato the Traveler said:

IC: Whisper - The Taku

"I am curious," Whisper spoke up, focusing on Stannis, "You knew my element is shadow, though I have not used it in the presence of any of you. You know of an archaic name for our rituals, and speak of us with disdain. You clearly know more of my kind than your fellow Toa, yet have not elaborated on what you know, or how. So, what is it you know, or think you know? I have been nothing but forthcoming to you all. I would appreciate the same in return."

IC Stannis | The Taku

The old toa chewed his lip for a while. Stannis was lauded for his foresight, but he resented how it typed him as a diplomat because he was simply... not good at it. While he was most content being an educator and traveler, he detested being an ambassador and loathed being in charge. His calling and wish had always been to be a fount of knowledge, rarely serving as an envoy and never wishing to be a leader. It was ironic, he reflected, that he found himself in positions such as the one he held then, and it was a similar perception held of his peers millennia before that had cruelly caused the Toa Maru to crumble apart. Most of his brothers and sisters were more militant by nature and considered their anointed leader to be too secretive and spiritual for the role, and the of him as a pacifist sage had caused the team to fragment as Stannis lingered on lore and myth, seemingly content on the laurels of Destiny’s guiding hand. While it was true Stannis was almost Oreius would discover the the truth eventually, but by then it was far too late and the Toa Maru were no more. 

Stannis practiced a philosophy of feeling, not thinking. Before Stannis did anything he first needed to sense the urgency and have a reason to act, something which grated on his peers, but the real issue was simply that as a toa of stone, among other things, Stannis was slow to act and stubborn in disposition; much like a train, he remained glued to his track and being removed from it could be equally both tedious and destructive. With all his determination to intercede on the matter of Taja and the Aspects in Po-Koro it was was evident Stannis held some sort of fervent belief but not at all clear why he did so but it. He did not feel any need to share everything he knew about Zakaz or the Aspects, and so he maintained the shroud of disbelief, or the benefit of Whisper, however with his wisdom he he realized that for the benefit of Whisper, as well as Knichou and the others, he should think and give some answers. 

He smiled weakly at Taja as he saw her frailer and darker shape saunter with difficulty across the bridge's confines. “I am called The Wanderer; it is as much an honorific as a role I have,” Stannis finally said. “Like you, I... fill whatever space I find myself in. I wander the lands in an effort to gather lore and investigate mysteries. When we arrived to this realm, I immediately went about searching throughout it and so I have been to the southron virulent swamp, and I alone among my people have delved into the ancient shrines, and I have seen the carvings on the walls. While I recognized the language on the walls, it was the pictograms of beings which defied common understanding that told me more words than were written. They told me all that I needed to know about your natures, and the natives added the words to the concepts I had gleaned. 

"Nothing you have said or done contests what I know so far."

On 5/2/2020 at 7:12 PM, Eyru said:

IC: Oreius | Stannis's Vault, The Archives 

"Let's start with anything Stannis might know about the Barraki," he said wearily. "Hiripaki. What files do you have on Pridak?"

IC Hiripaki | Archives

"I have thirty-nine articles about Pridak and two-thousand and twenty articles that mention Pridak. What exactly do you wish to know?"

Edited by EmperorWhenua

"So all you've actually done is looked at some old pictures, in temples that were brought to ruin long before either of us came here?" Whisper's voice twisted into a sneer, her frills rising to bristle in irritation, "You scraped through the scribblings of a near-extinct cousin species and suddenly think you know all?"

So focused had she been on awaiting the old Toa's words that she hadn't noticed Taja's arrival. As she did, she forced herself to calm down, her frills folding away, her coils settling. 

"I have spent decades watching life, trying to understand it. I won't pretend to know all, but I know this - life is about growth and change, the learning of new ways and embracing of new things. To assume that carvings from centuries long past are an accurate telling of the world as it is today is a conservative way of thinking." 

She glanced at Taja. The other Toa looked unsettled, weary from what she had endured. "Whatever you may think of me, I am trying to be different."

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Eyru @BULiK @Onaku

• Like 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Stannis | The Taku

The Wanderer's gaze remained impassive as Whisper seemed to inflate in aggravation, and merely stared with silvery eyes as the Aspect shrunk down at the sight of Taja. Instead of giving any further rebukes, however, he simply asked, "When you gave Taja her 'gift,' did you say the same invocation as the others do?"

"I spoke the words, yes. It was only the other part I did differently." 

IC Stannis | The Taku

I see. And in doing this thing differently, it is just as I said: You have turned someone of us into someone more like you.

The Wanderer’s eyes gleamed with a knowledge deeper than he would share, but he sadly shook his head at Whisper as he let out a little tut tut. “For all your words, your actions have been no different from the rest of your kind, shade. The mural walls speak of what was and what is with the same clarity.

And then he turned to Taja, wondering if she was well enough to speak. 

Edited by EmperorWhenua

IC: Taja | Aboard the Taku 

Stannis turned to her. The others did too; she felt their eyes land on her. Some pitying, some curious, some wary. She didn't blame them. She had no one to blame but herself.

Herself... and the monster that hovered before them all, claiming to be... what? Different? That was a joke. Taja could feel the kinship between them, like an invisible link that could not be broken. The Aspect no longer felt as alien as before--in truth, she felt more familiar to her now than Iradra did. 

Taja suppressed a shiver of revulsion. She didn't want to be like this. She hadn't asked for this. She wanted to find a river somewhere and scrub her skin raw. Wash away this taint and find underneath the De-Toa she had once been.

Even as she allowed the fantasy of becoming clean again, she knew it was only that. A fantasy. There was nothing that could make her whole again. If Stannis knew, he would have said something. And the Aspect had admitted herself that she didn't know what she had done. Taja was an experiment. Nothing more.

Even now, the experiment continued: the eyes upon her confirmed that. They were all waiting to see what she would do. What she would say. Would she pass out? throw up? suddenly go feral and attack them? The experiment would never end. Not until she was dead.

She shook her head silently. She had nothing to say.

• Like 1

"So you lied to her and broke her heartlight."  Iradra's eyes glanced but for a moment to Taja to make sure she was alright, but seeing her about as miserable as before, she'd returned her gaze to the strange being again. "That doesn't sound like a gift, that sounds like manipulation."

1 hour ago, EmperorWhenua said:

IC Stannis | The Taku

“For all your words, your actions have been no different from the rest of your kind, shade. The mural walls speak of what was and what is with the same clarity.”

The Toa's words gave Whisper pause. As far as she was aware, no one had successfully attempted a desecration in the way she had with Taja. Of course, she was young, and her familiarity with history limited, there was much she likely didn't know. But at the very least, no other Aspect had desecrated a being's own heartlight and shared the knowledge with their kin.

Was this Toa making generalisations, dismissing all desecrations as the same regardless of the circumstances, or had he actually happened across records of similar non-standard rituals  scrawled on the walls of some ancient ruin? 

47 minutes ago, Eyru said:

IC: Taja | Aboard the Taku 

She shook her head silently. She had nothing to say.

11 minutes ago, Onaku said:

"So you lied to her and broke her heartlight."  Iradra's eyes glanced but for a moment to Taja to make sure she was alright, but seeing her about as miserable as before, she'd returned her gaze to the strange being again. "That doesn't sound like a gift, that sounds like manipulation."

"That may be, but my deceptions were well-intentioned," she replied, addressing both Iradra and Taja, "As I explained to your companions, the ritual I performed normally requires an offering of a still-beating heartlight, ripped from the chest of another being. I suspected you would balk at such a sacrifice, so I offered an alternative. I apologise for the lie, but I do not regret the outcome. You received the power you wished for, and more besides." 

"With all due respect, Taja is the one who went through this radical and potentially irreversible change, the full consequences of which she was not informed of beforehand. That you do not regret it doesn't mean anything." Iradra's faintly visible white glowing eyes rested squarely on the aspect, her uneasy expression hidden behind the emotionless bronze facade that concealed her face.

Knichou eyed Taja, who was clearly at a loss for words. His questions for Whisper had been answered, and he did not want to put any more pressure on Taja by asking her to remember her most recent trauma. The engineer didn't think much would be accomplished by trying to argue for Taja - the only person who knew exactly what she wanted was staying silent, out of fear, shame, or more.

He shyly glanced at Nale, who had been silent throughout this entire conversation. Perhaps her actions were the wiser choice. There was no way for Knichou to rush the former Toa of sonics into speaking, and putting words in her mouth would not help. Taja would need her time. Knichou would wait for it.

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Yaushe - Dream Time?

Yaushe had been grateful that Mega took over driving. She was sure she could manage, but being able to let go of the wheel was still a relief. She settled back, feeling the sand beneath her wheels, the rumbling of her engine in her chassis, and... slowly...

-

Her headlights flashed in the storm, everything spun and crashed and battered but she...

She...

She was sitting in a cosy room, clasping a mug in mechanical hands. She was a van, but... she wasn't. The mug held motor oil. She looked outside; they were still in the hurricane. It was chaos outside, but things were still in here. Even as they flew in the raging winds, every second a lucky escape... but it was warm in here, and she didn't even spill her oil, even as the room flipped upside down.

A warm chuckle, strangely familiar, though she couldn't place how. A hand on her shoulder, kind, but she saw nothing where something should have been.

"Drivin' in the hail again, Yaushe?" the voice sounded as if it was smiling. "Great Spirit, what am I to do with you?"

Yaushe opened her mouth to reply to the empty air, but all that came from her gaskets were chuffs and grinding. She blinked, headlights blinking on and off. That wasn't right.

"You say that," the voice continued, as if it understood. It had let go of her hubcap, and was now walking to face her. She rumbled patiently until the voice continued, "But, if you ain't careful, you're gonna get yourself in serious trouble one of these days, spark. And I'm worried it won't be somethin' we can tow you out of."

Two hands cupped her grill- mask?- and she was staring into two eyes, eyes more real than she was, eyes in the holes of a mask she couldn't quite discern but there was a kindness in them, and it felt familiar, like the voice.

"Keep yourself tethered."

The phrase rung true to something, like an old, near-forgotten memory. Where had she heard it before? Where...

Where...

-

Yaushe woke with a start, accidentally jostling her passengers. Weird dream. Pieces of memory, maybe, mixed in with the usual nonsense of dreams. Or just nonsense.

"Sorry," she yawned, a sound like metal groaning. "We there yet?"

@Dane-gerous@A-tak-nid

• Like 3

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Pridak | Metru-Nui, Coliseum

Worms, huh.

I remember the horrors of the battle where my father died. He stood valiant against the forces far to the South, protecting the borders so the matoran could remain ignorant and at peace. I watched him crumple, body broken, in that final conflict. He liked to play music. Did you know that?

I used to sit by him on the beach, listening to the sound of the conch horns and the wind carvers as he brought music to life with his hands. It was beautiful. Elegant. Perfect. My toes would be covered in wet sand, and my eyes would droop as I tried to hold myself awake. The warriors of Takea-Nui always played late into the night after a battle.

There was no music the night he died.

I remember wading out and staring out into the ocean’s horizon, the ocean lapping at my thighs. I wondered if staring into the Red Star at night would bring him back like the folk stories suggested. No amount of tears could bring him back, no amount of begging the Great Spirit.

In the end, the people turned to me. Like my father said in my arms as he died: they were my people now.

Zaliyah and Ostrox were my people now. Everyone in Metru-Nui were my people. It’s strange to think of trading one island for another, but that’s what I did.

I traded my people, my island, my culture, for the wrecked land of my enemy. And the matoran continued to spit at me.

It seemed fitting that what I wanted wasn't what I got. I didn’t pray. I didn’t bow. 

And now I am the King of nothing.

And all of my people are dead. Instead of my father joining us, they joined him. 

Looking back, it’s rather silly to see power getting the better of me. Well, maybe power wasn’t what I wanted, but it has a way of corrupting even the most honorable warriors.

“If he buried the mask we can’t just bomb the village then. But I doubt it. Only a true fool would bury the legendary mask of creation. Prepare to carpet bomb the village and search the ashes for the mask. They should have never been allowed to set foot on this new land and rebuild. I heard they even built a village further north. We’ll bomb that next. 

“Just to sum up: all you did was show up, ask for the mask, get degraded, and then left like a whipped child? Ostrox, anything different to report?"

OOC: @Nato the Traveler, @Toru Nui

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 4

Happy chat.

IC: Ostrox (The Coliseum, Throne Room)

"Just one small detail: an ultimatum was issued by Zaliyah to have them dig up and deliver the mask to us in two days time, or else war - and their destruction - was certain." Now, while Ostrox wouldn't particularly like seeing Zaliyah be punished for overstepping her bounds, he couldn't afford to form any sort of emotional attachment to her. Well... any attachment that wasn't hatred. His relationship with Mazor could attest to that.

@Unreliable Narrator@Nato the Traveler

IC: Enra (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire)

"No, no, you guys are fine." Enra proceeded further into the temple.

@Unreliable Narrator@Nato the Traveler@Onaku

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

Kanohi did not hear a reply from Arkius, how deep underground was he? He planted the button his staff down to help him stand, he would normally wait for the Toa, but if these Toa in his vision really were in danger…

Then the Fe-Matoran heard shouts elsewhere in the village. Kanohi spun around and fired his built-in Volo Lutu Launchers, hooking a stone hut. He launched himself forward, hurtling through the air, before hooking another. His heartlight pounded as he launched through the air, another attack?

And then he spotted a Skakdi, with Supaka aiming Kanohi’s old disk launcher at him, while a Ce-Matoran gripped a Vahki staff pointed at him. But that … Skakdi … seemed familiar. And that bow, could it be?

C-calm down,” Kanohi urged the Matoran as he hurried in front of them, moving between the guards and the stranger, “I-I think I know him, he helped us rescue Voka.” Then to the Skakdi he swallowed and managed to say, “Hello, I-I am K-Kanohi, I did not get the chance to introduce m-myself earlier. What brings you to this village?

OOC: @Sparticus147

IC Bode - Po-Koro

Bode sat down, tired from pacing. He shuddered as his hands touched his field of weeds, their texture was slippery and slimy, like they were caked in grease. He tried not to gag, the plants weren’t poisonous, they just were disgusting. He heard the Bo-Matoran, he wouldn’t get sick from touching them. Well, get sicker. 

As he laid there he winced as he felt that squirming sensation once again. Not from the plants, but his lower torso seemed to shift unsettlingly. Did he have a parasite? His hand went to his chest he … he first felt this when Ulkarr empowered him. Was … was there something inside him that had given him this power?

@Onaku

IC “Collector” - Ruined Fort

Collector winced as Zadred started pushing, before joining her. As a Vortixx they had few traits worth talking about, for one thing they could use masks and were not weakened without them, and for another the Vortixx breed possessed great strength. They … had forgotten the latter ability, Toa did not have it, so it seemed pointless.

Together the group heaved and shoved the debris to the side, and Collector then looked towards the fallen Skakdi. “We … should not leave him to rot,” they muttered, “that would be against the Toa Code, right? Maybe we can find clues on his persons or in the hut about how they treated their dead, and if not, we can use what Zadred knows of her people’s treatment of the dead. I mean, if you all agree.

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @~Xemnas~ @Onaku @Snelly @Tarn

• Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku

Nale leaned against the closest wall as she stood by Knichou, preferring to stay silent as the Aspect and Stannis conversed, even as Taja arrived (the former Toa of Sonics soon becoming visibly disturbed). It was better to stay quiet, she thought: she had little to add, still going over things from before. Ulkarr hadn't seemed like a threat during her time spent around the Aspect, but clearly he was capable of far more than he let on, as Whisper revealed. She wondered how successful these beings usually were with these rituals, considering it was so gruesome Whisper had to find a loophole to convince a Toa to go through with it.

She leaned over to Knichou, arms still crossed and voice low enough to be inaudible to the others.

"I don't think it's helping the traumatized person to be around their trauma," she said, optics darting to Taja for a moment. "What's our move after this? We kick Whisper and Ulkarr off the ship and then just leave Po-Koro to them?"

@BULiK

IC: Jutori - Ruined Fort

"I don't think the Code applies to the already dead," he said, glancing to the body. "But I'm not against showing a little respect and burying the fellow according to what their people did."

@Snelly@~Xemnas~@pokemonlover360@Onaku@Harvali

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Knichou considered Nale's advice. After a few moments, he leaned towards the Toa of Magnetism to whisper back with a shrug.

"She came up here, she's clearly trying to make an effort to confront Whisper, I don't think there's anything we can do about that. As for what to do with them... I don't know. War is coming and they might be able to help, or have knowledge we need. We can bring them to Metru-Koro with us, at least we can keep an eye on them there."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

IC: Pridak | Metru-Nui, Coliseum

“Just to sum up: all you did was show up, ask for the mask, get degraded, and then left like a whipped child? Ostrox, anything different to report?"

IC: Zaliyah - Coliseum

"I ordered for the ship to be brought around so we could fire on the Turaga's hut. The village's only airship had departed, and they had no other anti-air defences, but..." she glanced briefly at Ostrox, "...I was outvoted." 

2 hours ago, Toru Nui said:

IC: Ostrox (The Coliseum, Throne Room)

"Just one small detail: an ultimatum was issued by Zaliyah to have them dig up and deliver the mask to us in two days time, or else war - and their destruction - was certain."

She nodded. "The Turaga clearly had little regard for the lives of his people, so I offered them a chance to choose their own fate. I doubt they'll take it, and... well, there's no real obligation for you or anyone else here to honour my offer." 

• Like 1

IC: Providence - Mesi Tunnels

The Aspect flinched as he was struck by the bolt of energy from the Vahki's weapon. But it didn't seem to have any negative effects, as far as he could tell. He continued out of the cavernous room, allies following behind him; unaware that his senses were now being monitored.

Meanwhile, the Vahki would find her sensors thrown into disarray, as a seemingly nonsensical stream of sensory information filtered into the receptors dedicated to its Staff of Presence. Unless the tool was malfunctioning, there was something deeply wrong with the sight of the being that she had hit. Rather than visual information, that which NU-8020S received was more along the lines of touch, or... echolocation? It felt as if the robotic being's perception had suddenly expanded all throughout the cave system. It was difficult to parse, and though not impossible to decipher, would certainly take some getting used to.

There was an audio feed as well, which was strange as well, but much closer to what she expected from dealing with Matoran. That was easy enough to adjust to, and she could hear the sounds of Providence's party thundering up a cave, a cacophony of footsteps, and little else beyond several beings' breathing.

OOC: @Toru Nui @Dane-gerous @Snelly @Sparticus147 @Edelgard @Jakura Nuva @Vezok's Friend

• Like 1

IC: Uraborask (Po-Koro)

3 hours ago, Harvali said:

And then he spotted a Skakdi, with Supaka aiming Kanohi’s old disk launcher at him, while a Ce-Matoran gripped a Vahki staff pointed at him. But that … Skakdi … seemed familiar. And that bow, could it be?

C-calm down,” Kanohi urged the Matoran as he hurried in front of them, moving between the guards and the stranger, “I-I think I know him, he helped us rescue Voka.” Then to the Skakdi he swallowed and managed to say, “Hello, I-I am K-Kanohi, I did not get the chance to introduce m-myself earlier. What brings you to this village?

The second Uraborask entered the settlement, he was already being stopped by two armed matoran. Ulkarr the last time they talked insisted that the matoran were to be off his list, like they were there in the first place. Uraborask could easily subdue if not kill these two matoran if he wanted to, but if Ulkarr was here, attacking the matoran would not be the best idea. About to tell the two matorans that he comes in peace, another one of these matoran came flying in.

"C-calm down, I-I think I know him, he helped us rescue Voka. Hello, I-I am K-Kanohi, I did not get the chance to introduce m-myself earlier. What brings you to this village?" Uraborask stared down at the matoran for a few seconds, trying to remember where he last saw them before reorganization spread across his face. "Ka-no-hi, hah, Kanohi. So you are the brave little mahi that jumped into a muaka pack. Brave, and foolish, I can respect that." Uraborask gives a chuckle at the of the brave little matoran, one that would make the Kanohi shiver with the harshness of it, "I am here for the aspect Ulkarr, I have brought an offering for him. Where is he?"

OOC: @Harvali

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Sparticus147 said:

IC: Sala (Southern Irrnak's Tooth)

Seeing Sorilax's excitement over the idea that some old matoran legends might not just be true, but could also be the key to what he needs to accomplish his goal, gave Sala a deep sense of satisfaction. But, wait a moment, Sorilax was onto something here. Someone had to have made Mata-Nui, and if Mata-Nui was real, maybe the great beings were real, and the Red Star was some sort of haven for the dead. Even with the end of the world, some questions still lingered from the old.

So, that is what Sorilax wanted. But, was it right? From the sounds of it Sorilax wanted to make it so that any new life that comes into existence had more moral light, which would be a good thing, right? But wouldn't that take some agency out of those affected, or would it be a necessary…good?…Sala didn't know, he was a chronicler not a philosopher, that sort of question would be better suited for a ga-matoran or a turaga, maybe even a ko-matoran would be able to answer that question better then him.

"Hey Sorilax, the sun is going to set soon, we should find a place to settle down for the night and we could see if we can find the Red Star. Who knows, maybe we could learn something from it."

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Shadow and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - South of Irrnak’s Tooth (7, 10)

With - Sala

Hum? Oh, yes, I believe it is. Yes, let us find a good place to stake a claim for the night.

Sorilax surveyed the land before them, the mountainous region now almost entirely cloaked in the shadow of night. The land grew cold, but Sorilax couldn’t feel it. There was a promising looking outcropping of rocks a few minutes walk away. The Aspect pointed it out to the Matoran and Plasma and they made their way over.

Closer inspection proved that no Rahi seemed to be using the spot or the immediate area. Now sheltered from the wind and out of sight of most onlookers, Sorilax helped the Matoran from Second Skin. His desire to see the star was immense, but Sorilax told himself to put Sala first before his own selfishness. So he waited patiently as the Matoran ate, chomping at the bit only inwardly. As Sala finished, Sorilax stood, “Alright, where is this Red Star and what secrets will it reveal?

IC: Saybo - Toa of Water - Barraki

Location - Le-Metru (5, 9 or 5, 10?)

With - Aurax (Ohrash in Saybo’s mind)

Saybo set Eclipse to remain stationary as it hovered and left the bridge, making his way to the cargo bay. The duel sealed doors opened to reveal a large room with part of the flooring having caution signs painted around it that Saybo knew from experience to be retractable. The Toa walked over and located the controls, opening the section of floor at the far end of the cargo bay.

It opened with the whine of well lubricated machinery and clunked into place. This airship is amazingly well kept. I sure got lucky. Praise Pridak. Saybo peered down at Ohrash below and sent a dumb little wave his way.

Moving over to the crane, Saybo actually had to study the controls. He hadn’t operated one of these before, but a book shoved into the back of one of the seats gave a quick overview of the machine and its operations. Saybo started the crane and tested the features, getting a quick feel for its movements. Then he moved it over the open piece of flooring, lowering the crane head and opening the arm.

Ohrash should be easily able to attach the arm to his mech, Saybo would bring the Toa up, and they could be on their way in no time. Stannis was as good as dead.

OOC: @~Xemnas~

• Like 2

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku

The last thing Nale wanted was to have these Aspects as crewmates, even temporary. She glanced to Whisper out of the corner of her optic. "Fine," she replied, "you're the captain. I trust your decisions...I think."

@BULiK

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Boss | The Wastes

It felt good to hold the takea skin wheel of the E Street. Scorch marks ruined the overall look of the steering wheel, but Boss could imagine it being much the same. He cared more for the inner workings of the machine, and its secret ability, than for the aesthetics in the immediate moment. He’d make sure to punch another sand tarakava on the way back to Fort Nektann and get some hide for the rumble seat.

He left the garage a few hours after starting work on the E Street. He didn’t care for what Parnassus did. He found Barius a little off putting after watching the fight silently from within the garage and seeing the new powers bestowed by the demon. It scared Boss just a little to know his upstart rival maybe had a chance. 

Or maybe it was the stupid slug. 

He looked forward to eating it.

You think he’s got it in him, Boss thought not only to himself but to the captive demon in his satchel. 

Yes. Miserix replied.

Boss grunted, gunned the engine, and roared out across the sands.

About an hour into the drive to Irnakk’s Tooth something felt off. Long dunes ahead were carved parallel to each other, as if a long channel of sand sank into the desert. Boss’s forehead tensed in concern. His altered perception floated behind the E Street, getting as much of the big picture as he could. Around this area of desert he expected various smaller rahi to follow in the wake of the raiding party, nibbling on the burrowing plants exposed. They weren’t being followed except by a lone bird high in the sky.

Then a war rig began sinking into the sands to the right side of the convoy. Boss growled and realized what was going on, blaring three quick and three long bursts from his horn. The rest of the convoy began responding, the sounds carrying out even as the massive maw of a sand worm burst through the surface of the desert sands. 

The purple and tan sand worm easily outsized any war rig, the red and black sands of the desert cascading off of its back like a waterfall. Even its barb filled mouth was wide enough to swallow most of the convoy. It teetered above the convoy, casting a shadow, then plunged downwards to strike!

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 1

Happy chat.

She trusts my -

wait...

'I think?'

The whispering over, Knichou quietly centered his posture again, leaning forward in the co-pilot's chair as he watched the others in the room. He hoped that he and Nale had not derailed the focus of those around them. The last thing Taja needed was more things to make her feel judged by.

Edited by BULiK

IC, Aurax: The Eclipse

Aurax positioned his mech under the crane arm and hopped out. “Okay, load it up!” he called to Saybo. The crane began to lift the ACR up and into the airship’s cargo hold. Once it was loaded up, Aurax climbed aboard the vehicle and made his way to the bridge. “Alright, let’s get this show on the road,” he said. 

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

IC, Atamai: Ruined Fort

As Atamai cleared more rubble and debris away, his view became clearer. Soon there was enough space for him to move past the blockage. A grisly sight lay before him. “Well, looks like we may have to bury some more bodies,” he said. In front of him lay the bodies of several more Skakdi and what were presumably their weapons. And behind them were three vehicles: two bike-like ones and a larger, four-wheeled one. 

“At least we won’t have to walk anymore,” the Toa said quietly. 

OOC: @Snelly @pokemonlover360 @Harvali @Onaku @Tarn

• Like 1

IC: Barius - A wild sand worm has appeared!

Clad in his mostly-repaired ACR, Barius was easily able to leap out of the way of the massive maw's descent. He grunted, the impact jostling him around and aggravating his still-hurting ear. Karz, he cursed to himself, marveling at the awful majesty of the massive creature, as it devoured rigs that were too slow to avoid it in a single bite. The thing would destroy the entire convoy if they weren't careful in their response to it.

A gout of burning napalm poured from his newly-repaired flamethrower. Perhaps the beast would dislike flame? He hoped so, anyway.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 1

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

Oh, um, thank you,” The coughing laugh was unsettling, but the way he described Kanohi was far more distressing. Not majorly, but being brave was … not something Kanohi associated with himself. Foolish sure, but bravery? He was far too easily overwhelmed by fear and failure. He supposed it was a nice thought though, and it was nice that this powerful archer thought that of him. 

I believe Ulkarr is up there,” Kanohi pointed up towards the airship. “A Toa was injured, I think it was because of a strange person with many tentacles and teeth. I thought she was a Rahi at first. Ulkarr went into the airship with some other Toa to discuss what to do with the stranger and the injured Toa. I … don’t know the specifics.

Kanohi paused, “I know they were planning to head to Metru-Koro, it’s roughly a day and a half’s travel to the southwest, that village is far bigger than Po-Koro.” He turned and strained to look at the flying airship, trying to gauge if it was moving. It was so hard to see, it was clear why Vakama said he needed a telescopic lens.

Vakama.

The Fe-Matoran swallowed and added, “I don’t think they have left for Metru-Koro yet, though I am unsure how you could reach them up there. And if you do follow them to Metru-Koro, be prepared for trouble. I fear a war might break out there soon.” Though if war broke out, it would likely travel to Po-Koro. 

We might be able to contact the Taku,” interrupted a Po-Matoran, stepping forward, “some of the Toa built a radio tower, it can’t reach Metru-Koro since their village doesn’t have a tower, but the Taku might be able to receive it.

• Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC [Strange tunnels - Making new friends]:

Triki’s hand touched what could only be described as a tongue. But the creature was massive and the reconstitute ability only went so far - it had changed its skin before, but not the entire being. Suddenly, instead of a tongue, the Matoran was faced with a mass of sticky tendrils swirling around, reaching out for him. And again the creature reacted as it had before, the alien sensation agitating it into rushing forward, tunnel-sized maw agape. Run!

OOC: @xccj

IC [Strange Tunnels - Crossed Paths]:

“Agreed! Keep moving!” Takadox said, the picture of what these Vahki were doing here coming together. Pridak, you filth...

As Providence’s shadows fought off the Mesi, he ducked and followed the...he didn’t know. Shadow Toa? No, something else. Questions for later. They made it to the tunnel followed by Varian. The Exo Toa had to duck a bit to get into the opening and suddenly there was a ‘bonk’ sound as the last Mesi that stubbornly refused to let go got knocked into a rocky outcropping. Varian felt its grasp loosen and thud to the floor behind him.

Just because Mahryo had shrunk the Mesi, didn’t stop them from pressing their attack. Lueijis vines knocked several of them back, and those caught in their grasp shrieked and started hacking at the growths with their crude blades. But a number managed to jump over them - one just in time to get hit by the growth blast intended for Takadox. It’s high pitched shrieking turned into a low growl in an instant, as it suddenly towered over the Skakdi and attacked him with its scrap-metal blade before he could launch another blast to reverse the effect. Meanwhile, Lueiji got rushed at knee-height by two of the shrunken Mesi, while the ones that had attacked with the fireball before did so again, this time aiming for his vines.

The ones not shrunken or grown went after the extremely noisy lead Vahki drawing the attention to herself. Just as Nu8020 dispatched Providence’s shadows, they were upon her. Two rushed in from behind letting loose a combined blast of sonics and...ice? That's odd. The stubborn one that had fallen off of Varian stumbled to its feet and let out a challenging roar before swinging at the mechanical enforcer with a massive haymaker.

OOC: @Toru Nui @Snelly @Edelgard @Jakura Nuva @Dane-gerous @Burnmad @Sparticus147

• Like 3

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Corrivalis - Mad Skaks, Dune Edition

No longer burdened by the weight of a captive Toa, the Tahtorak sprinted swiftly out of the path of the writhing tendril of flesh bearing down on the convoy. The mech whipped back around once it was clear of the worm's path, belching a blast of blistering steel at the monster's flank. 

IC: Sala (Southern Irrnak's Tooth)

As Sala and Sorilax stood just outside of the rock outcropping, the two scouring the sky for a bright red star, Sala spoke up to reply to Sorilax, "Well, theoretically speaking, it shouldn't be that hard as it is a bright red star. As for what it will reveal, that depends on where it is in the sky. Depending on the position of the Red Star to other constellations it could foretell a variety of prophecies, unfortunately, most of my notes were lost in the crash and as far as I can guess the only other place where such astrological prophecies would be found would be the knowledge towers within the ruined remains of Ko-Metru." 

As Sala continued to look at the stars, a disconcerting thought came into his mind, "Before the crash, before the League, many of the ko-matoran mentioned that the stars seemed to be changing, faster than they should be, and after the League attacked. Who knows how accurate those star charts were anymore, to be honest, how accurate were those stars anyway? If they were inside of a giant machine this entire time, whose to say that those stars they saw weren't just some form of internal lighting, if the Red Star itself was nothing more tha...By the Great Spirit!" Sala suddenly said, breaking out of his downward spiral of existential dread.

Pointing high above the northern horizon, amongst the countless stars and constellations, some of which surprisingly enough looking familiar but still somewhat different to Sala, was the Red Star, shining bright as always. "By the great spirit, I can't believe it's still there, maybe the future of the matoran people isn't as unknowable as we might think." a look of absolute relief washing across Sala's face.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

IC: Uraborask (Po-Koro)

Uraborask looked up at what the matoran, Kanohi, was pointing at, that was when he noticed the flying airship, suspended over Po-Koro. Uraborask could not lie, he was impressed by the device, solely for the fact that no skakdi that he knew of could possibly create anything remotely capable of the same feat.

54 minutes ago, Harvali said:

The Fe-Matoran swallowed and added, “I don’t think they have left for Metru-Koro yet, though I am unsure how you could reach them up there. And if you do follow them to Metru-Koro, be prepared for trouble. I fear a war might break out there soon.” Though if war broke out, it would likely travel to Po-Koro. 

We might be able to contact the Taku,” interrupted a Po-Matoran, stepping forward, “some of the Toa built a radio tower, it can’t reach Metru-Koro since their village doesn’t have a tower, but the Taku might be able to receive it.

Uraborask didn't care for the words that Kanohi was saying for war was not something new or something that concerned him, but the words of the other matoran, that interested him. Turning over towards the po-matoran, Uraborask spoke, "Tell them that Uraborask the hunter has returned, tell Ulkarr that I have his offering and that our promise is nearly set." Spinning back around, Uraborask made for the gates of the village before looking over towards Kanohi and saying, "I am going to get my truck and park it inside of your village. I will be waiting for either Ulkarr to show himself or until that ship starts to leave." 

And like that, the skakdi-xa left just as quickly as he came.

OOC: @Harvali

IC: Zak-Yak (Mesi Tunnels)

Batting away several other mesi who clung onto Varian, Zak-Yak felt the sudden shift as Varian made his way out towards the exit alongside Providence, Vent, and the blue warrior. That was when one of the other mesi clinging onto Varian got knocked off of their head and, desperately trying to grab hold, managed to pull Zak-Yak off as well.

The two briefly dazed on the ground, the other mesi, either not registering Zak-Yak as an enemy or simply not caring, charged at the receding back of Varian. Zak-Yak, readjusting and getting his bearings straight, saw the mesi's attempt towards his master's life, and not willing to allow such a thing, launched himself forward with his mechanical appendage, landing on the mesi's back before pulling out his lucky shiv. "No one...touches...MASTER!" each point being emphasized by the dagger digging into the prone mesi's chest, till at last Zak-Yak pulled out its heartlight.

About to break out into cheers at his success, Zak-Yak was reminded of the fight at hand, and although most of the mesi were now distracted by the newcomers, there were still many eager to kill the initial intruders. So turning ethereal, Zak-Yak, with heartlight, in hand dashed back towards his master and his group of companions.

OOC: @Vezok's Friend @Burnmad @Dane-gerous @Snelly @Toru Nui @Edelgard @Jakura Nuva

• Like 2