Your name changing habits  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I made my first display name due to the 2008 storyline, because the Mata Nui Robot was epic.I made my second display name due to the 2010 storyline. I thought that reverting Tahu to Mata so the Golden Armor would fit was stupid. Let's face it, the Nuva Armor fits on the Mata set, and the Golden Armor of 2010 wouldn't have fit on the Mata set. So, I based my name on the concept of Tahu Nuva wearing the Golden Armor, so he would truly be at his maximum. Also, the name is much more humble than Mata Nui Robot, if you know what I mean.That's also why my selfmoc has no gold on it. I changed to TNG Prime partly due to my massive Transformers enthusiasm, and because people kept saying that my selfmoc looked like Optimus Prime. Will I change it in the future? Yes, depending on my mood. However, unless something changes that I cannot foresee, it will always have TNG somewhere in it.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I don't change my display name. However, when Bionicle comes back I'll change to No. 1 Machop Fan, which will match with my ID elsewhere.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I used to change my name as soon as I could all the time, and would just bounce between -Malchior- and whatever new name I would come up with. That was just my fun little thing, where every 90 days I would change my name and avatar/signature and people wouldn't know who I was.Stopped doing that with the new forums, but probably gonna start doing it again now. I'll go back to -Malchior- when I can, and after that I'll think of a new name. Although 45 days isn't as much of a commitment as the 90 used to be.

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

I rarely change my name, but I do every now and again when I find something I think could work and when I feel it's time for a change. I'd had Protodite Karzahni for about three years, so it was something of a relief when I changed it to The Wretched Automaton, which I thought was a very fitting username. Now after about eighteen months of seeing it, I decided to change it to Grimoire Albastru, which I'm not as fond of as I thought I'd be (It's such a mouthful to say), so I'll probably find something to change it to after the short story contest.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

I changed my name for the first time during the phobia fad earlier this year. The decision came as a result of me wanting to be more involved in the community, and knowing that after that change I could change my name from the cumbersome "Lyichir: Rachira of Influence," which was based on a defunct epic I would rather dissociate from, to the more succinct and consistent-with-other-sites "Lyichir". Unfortunately, soon after I changed my name to "Ortographobia", the staff changed their names in another name change prank, leaving my new name as an artifact of a defunct fad. When time came to change my name again, I became Lyichir. I probably won't change my name from that ever, although you never know for sure.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Not sure why I switched mine to be entirely honest. Originally my name was Lazarus, but I had also thought of names like Azazel/Watcher Azazel (the fallen angel, not the x-man), or even Azrael. I usually pick names that have some sort of symbolism to me, something I have a unique viewpoint or interest on, etc.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

Yes, I've changed my name many times, but it's always been something with Meiko.No, it most likely won't change again. I'll probably will keep it as Meiko from now on because it's easiest for me when the majority of my logins are the same on every site.I used to like trying new stuff, but I recently changed it to just Meiko because "Toa" and "Glatorian" don't say anything about me anymore since I don't do much with BIONICLE anymore.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

• 2 weeks later...

In order:Yes,Maybe, not sureI wanted to try something new.Heck, I've stuck with the name Tekulo for years now. The most recent changes have been slight. From Toa of Wind to Toa of Gales and now Toa of the Breeze because it just sounds so breezy. (If that was my attempt at a pun, it was a sad one, even for me. XP). If I never changed my name, I'd still be The Vahi Toa. Not for nothing, but that name just seemed too unoriginal and lack-luster. Not to mention I was 12 when I thought the name up. XP Time has a funny way of changing things (though I have to admit, I'm far happier with my current name than with my previous names).

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

Yes, no, wanted something new.I've changed my name before, but I can't now because I'm staff and name changing, while possible, is a pain. When I could name-change, I wanted to try something new - though I didn't want to discard my entire identity, my changes usually lasted 30 days and were inane, such as "Smuffin Nudpucker" or "Toxic Waste Bunny" or my personal favorite "Sneaky Peeky Sumiki."

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

A long, long time ago, I joined BZP with the long form of this name. Then I believe I changed it to something completely different, then back to the long form, and then to something completely different once more. Unfortunately, this was early enough that that final name change ultimately became my "permanent" name in BZP's database. During a brief visit around 2006 I changed it to just plain old GSR, but I either didn't realize or quickly forgot that I'd need to use the old name to log in, and so for the next four years or so I was never able to log in during my very occasional stops by until I suddenly realized the issue in late 2010.Now I just stick to GSR; much simpler. On another forum someone frequently asked me what it stood for, and my answer to them still holds: GSR stands for GSR.(So, yes, no, and 'not me'.)

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42