BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

He can't send himself into the legend...but can he send the Hiripaki itself into the legend?

No.

So I have a question. Do the Maru have extra mana energy in their "pool" or do they just channel less mana energy for more results.

Basically, yeah. The Maru have a much larger level of elemental energy they can use when compared to... any other toa character in the game, really.

Are the maru more along the line of Nuva?

Also can a Maru be killed or is it more of a ooc matter not allowing them to be killed?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

*nods*

Well I am one of those folks who would like to know Death is at least a possibility before i would waste a character.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

The Nuva would be gods in this game. The Toa Mata would be exceedingly powerful, and the Maru's essences are taken from most of the Mata's energies, so that places them below both Mata and Nuva in terms of power. The standard toa's power level in the game is well below that of Bionicle canon.

The Maru can be killed as they are technically not staff character (not even Stannis), but they do have "plot armour" so to speak. That's not to say they cannot be slain but it's pretty near impossible to do.

You know i think that is what it would take.. or at least a good team of maybe 10 or 15 powerful characters to take down a maru... Or would it be more?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

You know i think that is what it would take.. or at least a good team of maybe 10 or 15 powerful characters to take down a maru... Or would it be more?

The Maru, as previously stated, are more powerful than your average Toa, but they are not gods, and they are not staff characters. Depending on how well you play, you could potentially take down a Toa Maru with one character, but you would have to play very, very well.

Ten to fifteen characters is overkill, in my opinion, but were I to plan to kill a Maru, I think I would err on the cautious side. For a realistic example of their power level, consider the Rahkshi: the Rahkshi were able to hold off multiple opponents at a time, dealing incredible damage and preying on every mistake. Each Toa Maru took down a Rahkshi singlehandedly, and that was only moments after they became Toa. Now that they've had a few months to hone their abilities, they are even more dangerous.

Play wisely.

Yes guys, we should totally destroy a Legendary Mask.

And promptly destroy the possibility of stories ever existing again.

It hasn't been decided what would happen if the Hiripaki were damaged/destroyed, mostly because that's an eventuality we, the staff, don't really anticipate.

But if/when it does happen, it will be horrible.

tumblr_mrnmu3q8rL1rspn7co1_500.png

For everybody.

No comment.

An army of infinite Jarons would be released.

EDIT: Mate, they're plot-important characters. That's why they're so strong.

Of course, you weren't here for the 2012 arc, so it's forgivable that you might ask that.

Edited by The Otter

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

If the Maru aren't staff, why are they so OP?

While not staff characters, they are plot characters and, by will of the staff, rewards for a specific group of players (myself counted as among them since I was a player when Stannis was chosen).

They were rewards for winning a contest plus excellent writing.

Now, even if some of you guys managed to acquire enough characters to potentially take down a Maru, you'd have to deal with potential good doers that would likely assist them. (If they actually needed the help haha.)

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

They were rewards for winning a contest plus excellent writing.

Now, even if some of you guys managed to acquire enough characters to potentially take down a Maru, you'd have to deal with potential good doers that would likely assist them. (If they actually needed the help haha.)

The more good doers, the better for me.

or vezok

:3

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Wait. Wait...

HOLD THE PHONE. Vezok can mimic kanohi powers...

Your just now realizing this?

Back when Tivanu and Vezok fought briefly he copied Orderin's Kanohi Kaulsi

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Though that's a legitimate threat, Vezok's ability to absorb powers doesn't make him able to use them, per se. As it stands, Stannis is the only one who truly understands how the Hiripaki works, so even if Vezok stole that power he wouldn't know how to wield it. Maybe he can't even contain Legendary Kanohi powers. Like the destruction of the mask it's not a eventuality we anticipate, though it is one with a much higher chance of happening, granted.

What EW said was right. If I'm correct, Stannis has to say some special phrase to send something into legend. It's also quite a mouthful. So our dear Vezok would probably not even know the phrase.

Well, if the BZPRPG ever needs another reboot, we know who to call.

Perfect solution.

The Nuva would be gods in this game. The Toa Mata would be exceedingly powerful, and the Maru's essences are taken from most of the Mata's energies, so that places them below both Mata and Nuva in terms of power. The standard toa's power level in the game is well below that of Bionicle canon.

Jist for reference, would it be something like the Metru? Or slightly lower?

Ah, I see. I always thought the Mata were inherently stronger than the Metru. I forgot all about their Karda Nui training.

So, not even on Mahri level? I guess not.

Hmm, would the canon average(like, the unknown Toa who never had sets and popped out around the place) Toa in the MU be equivalent with BZPRPG Toa?

Nuju's post from last arc explaining the difference between Mata/Maru and everyone else:

It isn't so much that the First Toa were created to be ridiculously more powerful than other Toa - yes, I can confirm that by the standards of the average PC, they absolutely were; the closest power comparison existing IC today is Heuani vs. a regular Toa - but more that all the Toa that Mata Nui has let come into existence since the downfall of the first ones have essentially been shoddy knock-offs. The First Toa were the real deal. This is, at its core, a quality over quantity equation: the more Toa exist on the island of Mata Nui, the less remarkable they all end up. From a canonical standpoint, it'd make vastly more sense if almost everyone on the island was a Matoran, so that the few Toa in existence would stand out more; but since people tend to choose Toa characters over Matoran characters, that dynamic doesn't develop. Besides, if this game was crawling with hundreds of Mata-level Toa, all of whom had enough raw elemental power to team up with just five others and almost be able to overthrow Makuta, this story would be over rather quickly and uninterestingly.

ppg2.png

Hmm, would the canon average(like, the unknown Toa who never had sets and popped out around the place) Toa in the MU be equivalent with BZPRPG Toa?

To put it simply, there has never been exact fraction of a canon toa's power that BZPRPG toa are said to have. We just go with "way below". If any action by a BZPRPG toa seems overly powerful, destructive, or like that toa is having too much influence on the game world, someone will tell them that, or sometimes the staff will make a ruling on whether it is acceptable or not. we pretty much play it by ear.

If you want a slightly more specific measurement, though, here is a rough estimate.

The one time we have seen a toa use up all their elemental power was when Gali Nuva flooded Karzhani. She was a Toa Nuva at the time, but according to Greg, a normal toa is at about 70% of a toa nuva. That said, Gali would probably have used up quite a bit of power before going nova, what with invading Odina, travelling to Xia and running into a giant rahi battle, then going to Karzhani and fighting Icarax. To make things simpler, I'll approximate what she had left as the full amount available to an ordinary canon toa.

The area flooded by that nova blast covered all of Karzhani, which, on the MU map, looks about the same as the area of Metru Nui (roughly 1,000 square kio). Our Mata Nui, on which this game takes place, is much large than that, at around 65,000 square kio or 120,000 square kilometres. A nova blast performed by a canon toa, then wouldn't destroy a wahi or even a tenth of it. With canon toa being "ridiculously more powerful than [bZPRPG] Toa", that means that even by going nova (not that they can), our characters really don't pack that much of a punch. They might be contain enough energy to destroy the Kini-Nui valley, tops.

ppg2.png

Hey i recently lost track of the whole Le-wahi topic since there has been alot of posts in there but i was wondering what exactly is going on there currently? I mean there seems to be a party of sorts happening but is that like whole koro wide or just a little part and why is there a party?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Lorax covered the comparison pretty well, but in case anyone needed it, here's how I always rationalized it; The Rahkshi were stated to be as tough as two or three Toa each, that's why they usually trounced PCs in group fights, certain characters exempted. The Maru trashed the Rahkshi handily moments after transforming, before they knew how to harness their power well.

Which means that the scale goes PC Toa < Rahkshi < Maru, and if the Rahkshi are roughly three times as tough as a standard Toa, then the Maru are at minimum three times as tough. And considering how easily they trounced the Rahkshi, we can guess that they're probably twice as strong as a Rahkshi in raw strength, so they're four to six times as tough as a standard PC Toa.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Hey i recently lost track of the whole Le-wahi topic since there has been alot of posts in there but i was wondering what exactly is going on there currently? I mean there seems to be a party of sorts happening but is that like whole koro wide or just a little part and why is there a party?

It's Le-Koro. There's always a party.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Though that's a legitimate threat, Vezok's ability to absorb powers doesn't make him able to use them, per se. As it stands, Stannis is the only one who truly understands how the Hiripaki works, so even if Vezok stole that power he wouldn't know how to wield it. Maybe he can't even contain Legendary Kanohi powers. Like the destruction of the mask it's not a eventuality we anticipate, though it is one with a much higher chance of happening, granted.

Exactly.

What EW said was right. If I'm correct, Stannis has to say some special phrase to send something into legend. It's also quite a mouthful. So our dear Vezok would probably not even know the phrase.

And exactly.

And even if he knew how to use it, it's still a completely alien power to him. The only reason why he's able to do anything meaningful with the powers he copied before is because of how common they are, thus it's probably safe to say he's used them before.

Besides, given the immense power of that particular Kanohi, think of how long it'd take him to actually copy it's power.

Obtaining the power is one thing, actually using it is a whole other problem.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

I can just see it now, Cult of the Mask breakers, like the order of button pushers, but with breaking masks.

So wait, if Vezok cloned said powers, and somehow used them, could he send the mask into legend?

Edited by Aurora the cat

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-

Yes, as we have already established in the above posts of this page. He needs to copy a huge power(a lot of time and concentration), he needs the right trigger phrase and he needs to know exacttly what it does in the first place.

All while making sure no one smacks him upside the head for the trouble as well.

I hate to detract for the current conversation, but I have an interesting question to ask.

What do you all think of Jiyu?

I have interesting plans for this character, and I'd like to make his posts interesting and fun to read, while continuing on the image I've decided for him. I know it's a little early in the game to start formulating opinions about the giant, but I'd just like some thoughts to see what I could do...

Edited by Durandal Years