BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Ahrusa thinks he's an agitating, pretentious, rich kid who has no business in politics, and has no regard for the lives of those outside the empire, maybe not even that. I however, enjoy you're characterization of him and look foward to see where you take him.

"Poor Cyclonus - Sworn To Reject A World That Hates and Fears Him. He And I Are Very Similar, Really: Two Reformed Characters Struggling To Make Our Way In Life. He Just Has Less Violent Coping Strategies." Whirl

My BZPRPG Characters

Who is attacking the Piraka? Ta-Koro Guards?

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

That's it, I'm going to reactivate Tarotrix. :P

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Hey i recently lost track of the whole Le-wahi topic since there has been alot of posts in there but i was wondering what exactly is going on there currently? I mean there seems to be a party of sorts happening but is that like whole koro wide or just a little part and why is there a party?

It's Le-Koro. There's always a party.

Well we know that. But I mean there seems to be a rather specific celebration of sorts going on currently and I have no idea what it is for and what not. Reason I am asking is I have a character who I am debating on leaving Le-koro for Ta-koro but before I make a decision I want to see if there is a way I can get her involved in the rp.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Vezok wouldn't be able to imitate the function of the Kanohi Hiripaki. The Hiripaki is a Legendary Kanohi, and the forces it channels are too vast to flow through any individual without the additional "space" provided by the mask, which is (to be described most basely) an immaculately sculpted canal/highway between reality and Legend. If Vezok - a far less perfect conduit than a Kanohi created for that purpose - tried to use the Hiripaki's ability, he'd burst like an overripe tomato dropped from three stories up.

That aside, I don't think the Hiripaki's ability is even in the same class of "power" as those which Vezok is able to imitate... some things, while being abilities, aren't really powers, and so aren't replicable by Vezok. A good example of this would be Zaktan's ability to break into his respective Protodites; while this is seen as a "power" (and, I think, is written into his profile as such), it isn't replicable by Vezok because it's an anatomical singularity, rather than a metaphysical energy. The Hiripaki's status as a transitional point between reality and Legend is, like Zaktan's Protodites, more an attribute of its being than a power, if that makes any sense.

test2.png

Well we know that. But I mean there seems to be a rather specific celebration of sorts going on currently and I have no idea what it is for and what not. Reason I am asking is I have a character who I am debating on leaving Le-koro for Ta-koro but before I make a decision I want to see if there is a way I can get her involved in the rp.

Just another nondescript party. Nothing special or different. :)

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

Vezok wouldn't be able to imitate the function of the Kanohi Hiripaki. The Hiripaki is a Legendary Kanohi, and the forces it channels are too vast to flow through any individual without the additional "space" provided by the mask, which is (to be described most basely) an immaculately sculpted canal/highway between reality and Legend. If Vezok - a far less perfect conduit than a Kanohi created for that purpose - tried to use the Hiripaki's ability, he'd burst like an overripe tomato dropped from three stories up.

That aside, I don't think the Hiripaki's ability is even in the same class of "power" as those which Vezok is able to imitate... some things, while being abilities, aren't really powers, and so aren't replicable by Vezok. A good example of this would be Zaktan's ability to break into his respective Protodites; while this is seen as a "power" (and, I think, is written into his profile as such), it isn't replicable by Vezok because it's an anatomical singularity, rather than a metaphysical energy. The Hiripaki's status as a transitional point between reality and Legend is, like Zaktan's Protodites, more an attribute of its being than a power, if that makes any sense.

And thus why he sticks to Elemental powers and other such things.

I've got a very specific definition of what a "power" is, thus what he can and cannot absorb. And even then, Vezok himself doesn't have any sort of additional "buffer" so to say for his powers absorbed, at least not beyond what small one may be provided by the power itself along with his own Elemental powers.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Alright EmperorWhenua your recent post in Le-wahi topic confused me greatly. Is Stannis actually fighting Heuani or is this some kind of flashback? I mean I thought Heuani was dead or at least as dead as one consumed by his own shadows could be.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Alright EmperorWhenua your recent post in Le-wahi topic confused me greatly. Is Stannis actually fighting Heuani or is this some kind of flashback? I mean I thought Heuani was dead or at least as dead as one consumed by his own shadows could be.

If there were an enemy before him it would be impaled with an unexpected thrust of the Rahkshii staff through its heartlight. Brutal, forbidden even, but effective. Sometimes an irredeemable shadow can only be smitten by death's amoral embrace. That was why Stannis licensed the destruction of the Shadow Toa, after all; there was nothing they could do to prevent destruction, and the Maru's demise would only lead to greater despair. The only logical choice was the systematic deaths of those who were once the First Toa. Suddenly, Stannis' unseen enemy took corporeal form in his mind. Toa Heuani swung his razor-sharp flamberge with clever swiftness.

Emphasis added to relevant parts. It is obvious that he is imagining Heuani before him. Stannis was the Maru who primarily combated the toa of shadow so he still sometimes thinks back on that fight.

There really shouldn't be any room for error here; just read more carefully and look at context next time.

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen

Here's a thought: would it be fair to assume that Skakdi also sport the physical traits inherent to their given element (e.g. Air/Agility, Earth/Night Vision, Iron/Endurance etc.)?

Yes, seeing as they have all the other traits that come with elemental powers (e.g., color), despite the artificial nature of said powers, it's probably safe to assume so.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

No. The traits inherent to Matoran subtype do not materialize on members of other species, in this case namely Skakdi. Matoran trots are naturally granted while Skakdi have artificially granted powers, which do not translate to elemental traits. Any such traits have to be part of the individual character and be mentioned in the profile. An example is Vezok, who is the most agile of the Piraka.

Hahaha Gravs. Overruled. : D

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen

*sigh* this again

Short answer: we don't know. Maybe Metru Nui exists, maybe it doesn't

Long answer: The BZPRPG operates very strictly on a "only 2001 is canon" basis, meaning that the only canon we should consider relevant is the very first year, with the important distinction being that the Toa Mata failed to defeat Makuta.

2001 had nothing to say about Metru Nui, the concept didn't exist in-story yet. So the main reason why Kanoka aren't allowed is because, as far as the BZPRPG is concerned, there has always been and there will only be Mata Nui, the island paradise floating in an endless ocean, guarded by the Great Spirit Mata Nui. And it will remain so until staff states otherwise.

Edited by Dr. O

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Right, i remember bionicle in '01. And with the turaga dead, no one would remember metru nui EVEN IF it did happend

So essentially everything up to the end of the Mata Nui online game is canon?

Edited by Veneras

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

Exactly. For the record, the reason why they didn't use kanoka in canon!2001 was because the disks eventually wear out and lose their power. Some were brought from Metru Nui, but they lost their powers or got broken and needed to be replaced. So the Matoran started making bamboo versions, the same shape and everything, but made of wood instead.

ppg2.png

None of the comics are explicitly canon.

The point of divergence that we know of for this game is when the Mata went down to fight Makuta. Instead of winning, they lost. I'm not familiar with the comics anymore, I haven't read through them in a long time, but everything between the establishment of the Koros and the comics equivalent of the first three quarters of Tales of the Toa is more or less canon.

Plus it's worth noting that this game usually runs off of the books, since not everyone has read the comics.

Edited by Simon the Digger

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG