BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Wasn't their god, Alaskamanray or whatever his name is (I can never remember that stupid name) an actual, you know, god?

What, you mean like, y'know, Makuta? :P See where I'm coming from here?

Makuta wasn't even killed, he was banished by the Mask of Stories. Alabastermicrophone won't have to deal with that for quite some time.

First off- it's Ak'rei'an. Also, I believe that Ak'rei'an was only ever real in the first BZPRPG, although I wasn't there for it. AFAIK, he doesn't exist in the current BZPRPG. 

VBWj75sh.png

Ak'Rei'An's existence is entirely up to in-game personal opinion. While his followers do have abilities that are unusual, there's no actual proof that they derive from a third entity on a similar level to Makuta and Mata Nui. Unlike Makuta, who needs no explanation, and Mata Nui, who has been directly stated to have had a hand in influencing events.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

So... he's Talos Stormcrown; a deity who's divinity is seriously debated and will inevitably lead to civil war.

Also, no, I don't think I'll ever remember Ak'rei'an. I can remember the names of every single Daedric Prince, every Toa released in set form and every Olympian god, but Ak'rei'an does not lend itself to being remembered as a name. Besides, Alabastermicrophone is so much better for the name of a god, as is Alaskamanray. 

Someone, please make a cult dedicated to the god Alabastermicrophone, Lord of Acoustics, patron saint of teen pop stars.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

I was going to refute that, but the situation is comparable. Talos does give out powers (his blessing), but they might not actually come from him.

There's actually a theory going about that Talos isn't a god, but Lorkhan is posing as him. Perhaps Ak'rei'an has the same problem; big god posing as a small god.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

Do they worship Zataka as an equal goddess on Kentoku? I mean, are Zataka-worshippers not shunned like Makuta-worshippers are on Mata-Nui? (although I still think that Zataka and Makuta are one and the same)

Edited by 000

Kathok

Do they worship Zataka as an equal goddess on Kentoku? I mean, are Zataka-worshippers not shunned like Makuta-worshippers are on Mata-Nui? (although I still think that Zataka and Makuta are one and the same)

The Dasaka master post says Zataka is seen as evil. Where Zuto Nui represents light, wisdom, femininity, and goodness, Zataka represents darkness, strength, masculinity, and evil.

However, over the course of the game, players have began to interpret her as less of an evil deity and more of an "opposite" deity. Just because she represents darkness and evil doesn't necessarily mean she is evil; it's just under her dominion. Like Necro said, it's more of Yin/Yang thing. Without Zataka, there would be no balance.

• Upvote 3

Here's a question that I asked a while back; a few months ago, I asked what race/element I should use to make a cult leader on Mata Nui. Someone said "make a Dasaka." I said "I'll make a Dasaka." Then, I got "You can't make a Dasaka."

So, I'll try this again; what race/element combination would be most useful for making a seemingly benevolent but still "worship us or die" kind of cult leader?

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

Here's a question that I asked a while back; a few months ago, I asked what race/element I should use to make a cult leader on Mata Nui. Someone said "make a Dasaka." I said "I'll make a Dasaka that breaks the rules." Then, I got "You can't break the rules"

So, I'll try this again; what race/element combination would be most useful for making a seemingly benevolent but still "worship us or die" kind of cult leader?

Fixed.

• Upvote 7

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

I specifically said "on Mata Nui." Someone suggested Dasaka, then I got told I couldn't make a Dasaka. I even limited to one power and I got a big fat NOOOOOO!

Plus, yeah, the character would have to be charismatic, that's a given. I'm asking what race and element would do best as a cult leader? I kinda think Turaga for the simply elderlyness, but they're less powerful.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

Thing is...Being a cult leader has nothing to do with Race or element, unless of course your cult targets a specific race or element. Then it just helps for the leader to be the same species as his intended demographic. 

Think of it like being a salesman. Ultimately it comes down to your product, in this situation what your cult is about, and how well you can sell that product, how well you can convince or brainwash others. 

If you take a look at the brotherhood of Ak'Rei'An, the only reason they are partially successful is because they generally kidnap, brainwash and torture their members into devotion. Plus they have a product that no one else can offer, aka a full time undead, instead of just a fake, temporary undead like with the tryna.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I specifically said "on Mata Nui." Someone suggested Dasaka, then I got told I couldn't make a Dasaka. I even limited to one power and I got a big fat NOOOOOO!

That's something to bring up with the staff. Nobody else has any say on whether or not you can play a Dasaka on Mata Nui.

That's something to bring up with the staff. Nobody else has any say on whether or not you can play a Dasaka on Mata Nui.

I believe (not sure) it was Krayzikk (I think he's one of the Tryons now) that told me that I couldn't play a Dasaka on Mata Nui. If I could, that'd be great.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

personally, i think that race and element has less to do with it than, say, charisma and ruthlessness.

because if you've got those, what else do you need?

-Void

Seconding Void on this one. Devise a leader based on their ability to lead (and the complexity and uniqueness of their psychology and stance), not fight, and you'll have a more interesting, and more readable, character. For example; I would be more interested in reading a psychotic cultist, inspired by Pythagoras or perhaps Thales, who is enraged at the ability of Toa to abuse the holy separation of the natural universe's substance and form from the mind/body dualism, then I would be reading a Toa of Iron wearing a Mask of Accuracy who speaks in a gruff voice and/or is ridiculously capable of controlling a conversation. 

Edited by L'Etranger
  • Upvote 5

pNNgXax.jpg

As Krayzikk is one of the staff members, his word should be listened to, especially in this instance. Only Dasaka who were explicitly chosen to be on the expedition to Mata Nui have permission to be on the island.

also:

Seconding Void on this one. Devise a leader based on their ability to lead (and the complexity and uniqueness of their psychology and stance), not fight, and you'll have a more interesting, and more readable, character. For example; I would be more interested in reading a psychotic cultist, inspired by Pythagoras or perhaps Thales, who is enraged at the ability of Toa to abuse the holy separation of the natural universe's substance and form from the mind/body dualism, then I would be reading a Toa of Iron wearing a Mask of Accuracy who speaks in a gruff voice and/or is ridiculously capable of controlling a conversation. 

thanks bby <3

-Void

• Upvote 4

[ BZPRPG ]

Speaking of Ak'rei'an, I believe that it's about high time I get off my butt and start posting as Zenithex again. So without further ado, I'm going to start up the voting process to decide his next victim. I will not be posting the location topic for these NPCs, so expect him to randomly pop up anywhere that isn't Kentoku or Ko-Koro during this time frame. Players can also "volunteer" their own characters to have an unfortunate encounter with the mad Lesterin as well in the event that they just want to shake things up a bit, but throwing in the names of characters that don't belong to you is not allowed.

Just a reminder, all votes will only be accepted via PM. They're not even going to be considered here in N&D, so please don't try to clog up the topic with them.

Okay, then; with all of that out of the way, here's the current selection to choose from:

A Po-Lesterin secretary.

A bodybuilding Skakdi of Iron (pun intentional).

A Vortixx assassin.

Let the murder spree commence!

• Upvote 2

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Exactly. Character first, powers second. You can (and should) even make your powers work for the sake of your character; a Toa of Fire with a Mask of Waterbreathing, or a Vortixx who has no tech, already has a distinct gimmick that speaks volumes about the character.

• Upvote 2

pNNgXax.jpg

Okay, so instead of building my character race and element, I should pick my race and element based on the character, right?

Honestly, race and element don't need to have anything to do with your character's personality. It can even make your character more interesting to mix and match seemingly out-of-place powers and personalities. There's no reason not to play a hotheaded Toa of Water or a soft-spoken Skakdi. 

• Upvote 3

Yeah to be honest when I make a character I usually come up with their race and whatever powers before I work on the personality, the personality they start with usually evolves into something else anyway. 

Edited by Lara Croft

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

However, over the course of the game, players have began to interpret her as less of an evil deity and more of an "opposite" deity. Just because she represents darkness and evil doesn't necessarily mean she is evil; it's just under her dominion. Like Necro said, it's more of Yin/Yang thing. Without Zataka, there would be no balance.

I have a Lesterin Priest in Kini-Nui who's basically preaching the same thing in regards to Makuta/Mata Nui....

A bodybuilding Skakdi of Iron (pun intentional).

Make him bleed....

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

PM, only Nato. PM only.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

How's this for a profile?

Name: Rahkiir
Species: Toa
Element: Fire
Mask: Kanohi Tryna
A detailed description or image:
izz574.jpg
left, with daikatana. right, staff
Powers and/or weapons: Natural charisma (as in selling ice to an Eskimo charisma) and large amounts of wisdom and intelligence. He has a staff with a strangely hypnotic power (though it rarely ever works, when it does work, it's pathetic, and is put to much better use as a walking stick) and a golden daikatana. He also has a book called the "Book of Rahvok," a holy book dedicated to his god, also named Rahvok.
Weakness(es): Arrogant, blindly fanatical, aging and thus no longer in top fighting condition.
Alignment: Lawful Evil, though he believes he is doing good.
History: Once a Toa warrior fighting against the forces of Makuta, the slayer soon to be called Rahkiir was called by the citizens of Le-Koro against a being known as the Siigonis. Upon finding the creature in a cave, he slew it, only for him to experience a vision of a god, one named Rahvok. Rahvok promised him great power if this Toa would spread his word. Now known as Rahkiir, the "Dragon's Child," he travels the land, spreading the word of Rahvok through the holy "Book of Rahvok," found inside the cave of the Siigonis, alongside a golden daikatana with the head of a dragon emblazoned on the guard, a golden staff symbolizing the Siigonis beast, and a golden Tryna. His goal; spread the good word to all of Mata Nui and beyond.
Personality and traits: Rahkiir is charismatic and charitable, but his sheer fanatiscism has lead him to the belief that those who reject Rahvok must be destroyed. He is known for his sagely appearance, wisdom and fervency in his beliefs. He's very good at getting people to see things his way.

Just an FYI, if I'm not allowed to actually create a new god, then Rahvok isn't a real god, but rather a by-product of a hallucinogenic from the Siigonis beast combined with an actual holy book and artifacts from a little-known cult. Crazy gas + culty artifacts = god.

Unless, of course, I can just poof up a new god. In that case, go Rahvok!

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

I can say definitively that the hypnotic staff would require going through the staff, if it is even capable of working at all. And the "Siigonis" beast and associated backstory is probably something that you should run by us, if only to make sure everything plays nicely with how things are being handled and avoid later issues.

• Upvote 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

It does work about... Almost never, but it is good for getting people to say things they wouldn't normally say without noticing, again, when it works.

I'll probably swap it for perhaps, a staff of healing, but that'd be a little OP, or a regular old glowy staff for seeing in the dark.

As for the Siigonis beast, it made it's home in the cave of a very little known cult dedicated to Rahvok, who all died out when the Siigonis beast was corrupted by Makuta and killed them all. It had hallucinogenic properties, hence the vision Rahkiir got. After the great Toafication, the Siigonis beast started terrorizing hunting camps in Le-Koro. The-Toa-soon-to-be-known-as-Rakiir hunted it, killed it in it's lair, got hopped up on goofy gas and saw Rahvok after reading that book. Since the cave had already housed the cult before, he made it his home and temple to the Dragon God.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

The most persuasive of characters can convince others of their power without actually having any.

"The Marks aren't magic, Utu. They're science experiments."

"They are not, Praggos! You always do this!"

-Tyler

• Upvote 5

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

I'm at least having it glow. That way, it'll LOOK powerful without actually being powerful.

EDIT: I just realized; it could be a clockwork contraption; press a button, the eyes and "chest" of the staff open to reveal lightstones. :D

Edited by IcarusBen

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png