• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Video Game You Last Played?

Video Games

• Please log in to reply
1002 replies to this topic

#1001 Offline JAG18

JAG18
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 20-February 14
  • 1,700 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 11 2019 - 07:09 PM

One of the games me and my sister still play periodically every couple of years or so on our old PS2 is "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King", which mind bogglingly (to me anyway) is almost sixteen years old. 

Last time we played we completed a new story and then the Palantir of Saurman, so this time around we've just been visiting random places, leveling up Faramir, and desperately trying to complete the Palantir of Sauron.  I think we're almost at the point that we're willing to use cheat codes. 

Still a really fun game. 

#1002 Online Taria Pakari

Taria Pakari
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 16-September 09
  • 3,928 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 12 2019 - 02:09 PM

FFXIV. The grind to get all my classes levelled up before Shadowbringers comes out is gonna be tough, but I'm determined to get them all to lvl70 by then so I'll have viable DPS, tanks and healers for all the new content. Oh, and crafters. Gotta be able to make new gear, too. That and I gotta keep on top of weekly runs of Orbonne Monastery to get my current SMN gear augmented.

So much to do, yet so little time.

B4dQI4x.png

#1003 Offline (Daedalus)

(Daedalus)
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 06-August 08
  • 569 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 13 2019 - 01:34 AM

Dark Souls III.

I’ve been able to get in a handful of short sessions, but my minimal time with the game and the brief amount of re-familiarization I need with the game each time I play another session (which in times past would not be an issue, but is now due to the longer periods of time between play) have made progress slow. I am about to enter the Cathedral of the Deep, but this replay has reminded me again how much I dislike the run from the Cleansing Chapel bonfire to the first shortcut from the Cathedral to the Chapel. This segment of the game proved to be one of the more difficult sections of the game for me on my first run through the game, and it is proving to be just as difficult this time around. It’s a long run before gaining access to a bonfire, and the area is littered with a lot of enemies. On their own, the enemies aren’t much of a problem, but they tend to be in groups, which makes them harder to deal with.

Another difficulty I’ve encountered is the build I settled on. I’m all three games, my first successful run was made with dexterity-focused characters, with a little stat investment to also allow for some pyromancy. This particular style of play has proved versatile and most effective for my play style. This time around, I decided to go for something a little more challenging and outside my comfort zone: a strength/faith build. Up until now, it hasn’t been much of an issue. In fact, I was doing pretty well. However, I just switched to a greatsword (which I intended from the beginning to be my primary melee weapon in this run), and the adjustment has been... challenging. The speed is less of an issue than I expected—it’s only a hair slower than the weapon I was using before—but the stamina consumption is an adjustment. Which has led to an issue I worried about: stat allocation.

I knew I wanted some investment into strength and faith because those were obviously the most important stats for a strength/faith build. The problem, however, is that, as I usually do in these games, I tried to spread my stats too much too early instead of focusing in one area until I was super effective and then filling in the other areas I needed. This has left me less effective than I would like, and I have a feeling it’s going to make the next bit of the run a little more difficult than it needed to be. Thankfully, I am close to the NPC that allows me to respec, so I fully intend to take advantage of that.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users