BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Kimala

She held up a hand in refusal and walked toward the door on her own. "These muscles are for more than just looking good," she quipped with a smile. Her sense of humor was back, good. "But thank you. I can handle myself, so go, don't let me detain you."

Edited by Mj. Spoilers

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Haarnak (High above Ko-Koro)

The Toa of Fire flew. 

The sharp, freezing winds cut through the tiny gaps in his armour and biting into his bare flesh.

But still, he flew.

As Haarnak dodged out of the way of a particularly powerful updraft, he heard sounds of war move past his ear. Intrigued by the promise of destruction, he dropped down below the cloud layer to see the land below.

At first, all which met his eyes was a landscape filled with snow and ice. But then, out of the corner of his eye, Haarnak spotted a huge flurry of energy blasts being spat out of a gaping crevasse between two colossal glaciers. 

He shot down to the far side of the rend in the landscape, and beheld the most wondrous sight he had ever seen in his short life.

A city of ice, built into the mountainside, filled with spires of glass. Or at least, that would have been beautiful to any other being on the island. What Haarnak was entranced by was the explosions, the blasts of pure force, unconstrained by anything.

He hovered down slightly towards the single tallest spire, pressed right up against the mountainside, and tipped his head to one side.

Then in one single, fluid motion Haarnak drew three Stralix-Powder-tipped arrows from the quiver on his back and fired them one after the other, as quick as the wind of Lewa. As he pulled the drawstring of his bow back, Haarnak set each and every arrow alight with his elemental power, and watched the five missiles of destruction arch down towards the doom of the inhabitants of the peak of the spire. 

Haarnak turned his face away from the impending explosion, ready to feel the might of the chemicals against his back. 

OOC: Yay! 300th post! Anyway, onto BZPRPG matters, the tower which Haarnak shot at was intended to be the Sanctum/Citadel. I'm not sure if auto-hit rules apply to buildings, so I'll play it safe and let someone more official avert or allow the destruction of the top of the Sanctum/Citadel. 

VBWj75sh.png

IC Londar

Okay then... So it was going to be like this.

This sucked.

The Fe-Matoran was flying once again, with a mixture of terror and incredulity on his face. He shot Echelon a dirty look, which screamed both "Just kill me now" and "How stupid can this get?".

IC: Agrona

Agrona walked alongside Londar's levitating body, Toros heeling next to her, "Be careful what it is you ask of us," she sneered, "We may grant your wish in a way you don't want."

She turned to Toros and signed with her hands to him, 'Are you alright?'

IC: Pae

The Toa of iron was fidgety on the other side of his many-layered protective walls which lined the hallway.

Pae fumed.

Where was Nika? Had Jin found Korzaa? If so, did she succeed in convincing her of her safety? Was Nika engaging the enemy? Had he succeeded or had he failed? Maybe he was dead. Echelon might have killed him. Echelon might kill him and Jin too. They couldallbedead. Therewasno safetyhereinPae'sworld. Korzaacouldrefuse. KorzaacouldkillJin.somanyvariablesvariablesvariablesvariablesvariablesariglbesavrifls-

be still

There may be gods; but they are fools. They may hold the power of immortal ancients, but to me they are nothing more than players in our game of life; death

will become them.

I breath in; out

oftimeoutoftimeoutof-

be calm; be still

What did Vera Polzin promise me for my deeds? That's a good question. I'm not sure even I really knew. It was so abstract; so distant from the living world, so far from the grasp of my desperate fingers. I feared I could never reach it, and it is here that my fear becomes tenfold; panic

is what I have become.

I may die here fighting for men and women who never in their lives would ever give a second of thought to me. There was never a notion of significance surrounding the young boy from Xa-Koro for these people. They were blind to my world; not to mention blind to me. I may die here fighting for the safe, the arrogant, and the ignorant.

I will become death.

In; out

of options.

I close my eyes for just a moment; shoulders tight.

In; out

I open my eyes once more; my body relaxes.

Fail or succeed, I would get what Vera Polzin promised me. In life or death, I would be at peace.

It was time to decide which one would grant me this promise.

Pae to the onlookers sighed outwards, resting into his own stance. His fingers lightly held the javelin now, no longer gripping the handle with tension. His feet kissed the ground where he lightly stood. This action seemed to silence the guards behind him.

Pae had never felt so still in his entire life than now; waiting in the silence for the Nightfall to ascend the staircase for his head.

Edited by Palm
  • Upvote 3

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: (Larikon Torchbearer)

"But Sir Jaaku, you do not understand I have a duty," Larikon said, uncomfortably squirming in the saddle. "I have been wounded in battle, but they have abated somewhat. I am in condition to enter the city. While I understand, Sir Knight, that I cannot fight much, Lutrez and our fellow Brothers can. I can still lead, still direct my men. I will not go to the frontlines, but shall be in the battle. An army needs a leader, and Ak'rei'an has granted that unto me. If you wish, Sir Jaaku, you may guard my side."

His vision still was hazy, and his voice faltered just slightly.  "A Ko-Koroan gave birth to the Brotherhood, the first Grandmaster. I must bring the faith home."

IC: (Goran)

"Goran return"

Came thus the cry of his mistress. The Zombie pulled back several feet from Brontes, to allow him leeway. He hadn't any choice in the matter, he had to obey Rakona, his mind willed him. He stepped back quietly, and began to turn back to the other Brethren.

IC: (Weiss)

As Joskandar came at Zekev, Weiss, who stood near, decreased the Gravity around the Kakama-wearing Toa. "Sir Zekev, get him!"

Edited by Mr. House
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC (Rorg)

The command is given, so we move.

Targets: an unknown quantity of beings sheltered behind a crude iron barrier. Equipment: zamor launcher filled with accompanying zamors, short blade designed for close quarters, smaller knives that will do little good in this situation, rifle that may not be used until the cap of foreign metal is removed from its muzzle. Allies: Karnakie (strengths: brute force, tactics, melee combat), Eisen (strengths: elemental abilities, Crast, melee combat).

My own specialty being in long-range encounters, I will let them make the first move.

IC: My blade swung through empty air, my target had stepped back to avoid me. I did the same, quickly backing off several meters. The attackers swelled in number with every passing minute, the situation degrading from bad to worse. Brontes knew they had to get out of this situation.

"Dahkapa, I am going to retreat to the hospital, they have to be told exactly how little time they have." Brontes still saw the fire and determination in his new friend's eyes. He only hoped it wasn't going to get him killed or captured, fighting a battle that was as good as over.

He was tired and low on energy, truthfully he struggled to remain standing. He was not a battle hardened warrior like so many here. "But next time... Next time I will be ready." He swore he would finish this one day. He needed to be ready to fight and kill, not beat a self-glorified retreat as a messanger.

He activated his mask and ran as fast as he could out the ruined gates and through the blizzard-swept landscape, with the mask urging his body forward he would be able to reach the hospital in ten minutes he thought.

...but close to it

IC: Verulas smiled as he raced up behind her. Humor was good for times like these. It made things less stressful, kept people calm. 

Allowed them to fight when death stared them in the face.

He moved past the wounded Toa, spinning around mid-run and saluting her as he continued down a hallway in search of a doctor.

OOC: I'm planning on having Verulas get himself lost in the hospital for a little while, so if there are any docs in the house, feel free to help Kimala out with those injuries.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Xxeth

Xxeth pulled his body backwards as the hammer missed his body by millimeters, feeling the air between them. If not for his natural Le-Toa reflexes and his mask of speed he probably would have been in a world of hurt. 

The Toa of Stone's Calix enhanced reflexes could prose quite the problem, the hammer may have missed this time, but Xxeth doubted his luck would continue to hold, his Mask of Speed was made for running across long distances quickly, in close combat situations like this it wouldn't make him nearly as fast, hopefully fast enough to keep up with the calix user. If he had to make a retreat, he could always do so. This wasn't worth his life, it never was. 

When the hammer missed, the Toa of stone obviously could not stop the swing from continuing and left himself open...if only for the briefest moments. Xxeth took advantage of this and swung his machete at an exposed arm, using his mask to make the swing just a bit faster, hopefully fast enough that even a Calix user couldn't possibly react in time. 

IC:

A Toa of Ice sat in an icy cavern, he was in a meditative position, the coat of ice that had formed across his armor indicating he hadn't moved in a very long time. Light blue light emerged from his eyes as he opened them, for the first time in what may have been weeks, or even months, he stood. 

Something is not right... He could feel it in the ice, the cold, and the snow, his village was in grave peril. It needed him. 

The Toa emerged from his cave, moving out into the endless blizzard that was the top of Mt. Ihu. He peered out, willing the blizzard to clear a path for his vision, he caught sight of the village of Ko-koro in the far far distance. 

Fire...chaos...Makuta... A sled made of ice formed, Toa Wraith stepped on it without hesitation as he began racing toward the koro, his powers reforming the slopes as he descended the mountain to give him maximum speed. His village was under attack, and those responsible would pay dearly. 

Edited by Skitty

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Edit: Sorry Tiragath, missed your post :P

IC: Dahkapa (Near the Main Gate)

Suddenly, the green Toa (Joskander) slammed into Zekev, stumbled over his extented leg and fell on the snow. Then Brontes, standing not too far away from him, said: "Dahkapa, I am going to retreat to the hospital, they have to be told exactly how little time they have."

He's right, you must go with him. The city is lost, it's inhabitants must be saved.

I will not retreat.

You will die.

So be it.

At least say something to Brontes and Jaatava.

He turned around, saw Brontes running away and Jaatava marching with his company, head hanging low. "Jaatava! Brontes! Evacuate the Koro! Take them through the passage to Nuju-Marion's!" he hoped that none of the enemies nearby knew what he meant, but he was referring to the hospital/academy complex outside the city. Then Dahkapa heard the dark Toa, standing near the Skakdi, say "Sir Zekev! Get him!". The Kakama-wearing Toa was in grave danger. He charged in, and tried to slam into Zekev.

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Haarnak (High above Ko-Koro)

The Toa of Fire flew. 

The sharp, freezing winds cut through the tiny gaps in his armour and biting into his bare flesh.

But still, he flew.

As Haarnak dodged out of the way of a particularly powerful updraft, he heard sounds of war move past his ear. Intrigued by the promise of destruction, he dropped down below the cloud layer to see the land below.

At first, all which met his eyes was a landscape filled with snow and ice. But then, out of the corner of his eye, Haarnak spotted a huge flurry of energy blasts being spat out of a gaping crevasse between two colossal glaciers. 

He shot down to the far side of the rend in the landscape, and beheld the most wondrous sight he had ever seen in his short life.

A city of ice, built into the mountainside, filled with spires of glass. Or at least, that would have been beautiful to any other being on the island. What Haarnak was entranced by was the explosions, the blasts of pure force, unconstrained by anything.

He hovered down slightly towards the single tallest spire, pressed right up against the mountainside, and tipped his head to one side.

Then in one single, fluid motion Haarnak drew three Stralix-Powder-tipped arrows from the quiver on his back and fired them one after the other, as quick as the wind of Lewa. As he pulled the drawstring of his bow back, Haarnak set each and every arrow alight with his elemental power, and watched the five missiles of destruction arch down towards the doom of the inhabitants of the peak of the spire. 

Haarnak turned his face away from the impending explosion, ready to feel the might of the chemicals against his back. 

OOC: Yay! 300th post! Anyway, onto BZPRPG matters, the tower which Haarnak shot at was intended to be the Sanctum/Citadel. I'm not sure if auto-hit rules apply to buildings, so I'll play it safe and let someone more official avert or allow the destruction of the top of the Sanctum/Citadel. 

IC

The arrows struck the Citadel's highest spire, with a trio of small explosions. However, the amount of Stralix powder one could attach to an arrow was too small to cause significant damage to such a fortified building, and they left little more than dents.

OOC: You'll need more than a few arrows' worth of powder to damage something like the Citadel ;)

Edited by Twelfth Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

OOC: Aw, what? Oh well. Guess I'll have to do this in manual now...  :devil:

IC: Haarnak (On the mountain, near the Citadel)

Haarnak didn't feel a wave of heat flowing across his back. 

"WHAT?!" he shouted as he turned around, seeing that the arrows which he had launched so perfectly had left but dents in the wall of solid ice. His head shaking with rage, Haarnak made a short flight from the spot where he had been bobbing up and down to the side of the Citadel, dodging stray beams of elemental energy, and when he arrived at the looming face, smooth as glass and as hard as stone, Haarnak merely looked up at the top and whispered to himself:

"Time to melt, ice!"

Haarnak proceeded to clamp his hands against the side of the pillar of ice, and sent waves of concentrated fire rippling down his arms and out into the side of the building. The crazed Toa of Fire grinned even wider as he felt the holes in the ice widen and deepen beneath his hands, and then he sent the heat rippling through the building, even whilst drawing more in from the already freezing environment outside.

OOC: Again, I'll leave building rules to BZPRPG staff. I've also updated Haarnak's profile with his current quantity of arrows. And by the way, is the Citadel nearly pure, compacted ice, or is it stone covered in a thick layer of ice?

VBWj75sh.png

IC (Rorg)

The command is given, so we move.

Targets: an unknown quantity of beings sheltered behind a crude iron barrier. Equipment: zamor launcher filled with accompanying zamors, short blade designed for close quarters, smaller knives that will do little good in this situation, rifle that may not be used until the cap of foreign metal is removed from its muzzle. Allies: Karnakie (strengths: brute force, tactics, melee combat), Eisen (strengths: elemental abilities, Crast, melee combat).

My own specialty being in long-range encounters, I will let them make the first move.

Thick metal bands come out of the floor, twining around Rorg and binding him in place.  His weapons warp, becoming unrecognizable in seconds.  The same happens to the others with him.  Jalkron smiles to himself as they struggle to free themselves.  It is never wise to try and sneak up on someone wearing an Arthron, he thinks to himself.

OOC: Was not expecting that. This will be fun. 

IC: The Toa Shaydas.

Blowing apart the Zamor flying towards her with a fireball, Chavara felt the ice creeping over her feet. She tried to shout an order to her two comrades, but found no sound came out. She saw Onic hit by one of the Zamors, and Panyk take a hit from the other. 

Onic stumbled, feeling the effects of the weakness Zamor for only a few moments before activating his Pakari, bringing himself back to his original strength. He felt the ice snagging at his feet, and struck out with his earth powers, punching the ground and generating a miniature earthquake that rocked the courtyard, shattering the ice trapping his team's feet in the same instant. 

Panyk, stunned by the effects of the disorientation Zamor, felt his feet freed, and lashed out blindly with his gravity powers, reducing gravity's effect of everyone nearby, including his teammates. 

Floating into the air, Chavara smiled, pointed her falchion at the gravity Skakdi and fired a stream of red-hot flame right towards their chest. 

OOC: Let the games begin...

Xxeth pulled his body backwards as the hammer missed his body by millimeters, feeling the air between them. If not for his natural Le-Toa reflexes and his mask of speed he probably would have been in a world of hurt. 

The Toa of Stone's Calix enhanced reflexes could prose quite the problem, the hammer may have missed this time, but Xxeth doubted his luck would continue to hold, his Mask of Speed was made for running across long distances quickly, in close combat situations like this it wouldn't make him nearly as fast, hopefully fast enough to keep up with the calix user. If he had to make a retreat, he could always do so. This wasn't worth his life, it never was. 

When the hammer missed, the Toa of stone obviously could not stop the swing from continuing and left himself open...if only for the briefest moments. Xxeth took advantage of this and swung his machete at an exposed arm, using his mask to make the swing just a bit faster, hopefully fast enough that even a Calix user couldn't possibly react in time. 

IC: Xxeth was right, the stone Toa wasn't fast enough to dodge his counter-strike. The only thing he could do was reach out to his powers, coating his forearm with stone as the machete skated along it with a shower of sparks. Turning back to face the villain, he threw a punch at Xxeth's jaw with the encased limb.

In response to Chavara's stream of fire, the Skakdi of gravity shot forth another slowing sphere. The crystal melted away in the heat, releasing its contents onto the flames themselves. They now advanced on him, less as a roaring explosion but as dancing candles flames, slowly bending and shifting through the air in a way that allowed him more than enough room to sidestep than and send a blast of his heat vision at Onic.

The Skakdi of ice, meanwhile, did not abandon his control of the icy floor, even when the earthquake broke apart his traps and reduced them to fragments. These were still useful tools for him, and he caused the shards underneath Panyk to burst upwards in a flurry of sharp edges.

That left the Skakdi of sonics to engage Chavara. That looked like a hau on her face, so it would likely block a strike with his laser vision. What the guard needed was an invisible attack with no identifiable source. Something like that, he hoped, could get past that otherwise impenetrable shield. He took all of the noise he had been absorbing, the breaking of ice, the rumbling of the earth, the shouts of combatants and the roar of the flames and focused them all back into the Ta-toa's ears, magnified a dozen times over. 

Kitano had to drop to the floor to avoid the Vo-Toa's lightning bolt, something that was helped by Onic's earthquake. The electricity flew over his head to instead strike a lightstone embedded in the wall behind him. Suddenly charged and shaken about by the tremor, the light fixture exploded, liberating all of its energy in one blinding flash. The light came from behind Kitano, so he wasn't quite so stunned by it, but the Toa facing him took the full force of the blast. She threw her arms up over her face, stumbling backwards away from the source of the blast. Seizing his chance, Kitano got to his knees (surprisingly easy in reduced gravity) and shot out a shard of lightstone crystal at her.

Kitano's occupation with the lightning Toa had caused his control over the Vako to drop, but this didn't make things any easier for the Vortixx trying to pin them down. Wild Vako had been avoided even by Makuta's infected rahi, and their incredible speed wasn't the only reason that no matoran had ever tamed one. They were highly aggressive and now, facing down a pair of predatory rahkshioid beings, they lowered their horns and charged.

The Vortixx stood ready to halt the charge and as the rahi approached, one dived, attempting to tackle her beast and bring it to the ground. The flash of light came at just the wrong time, however, and they hit only the floor as the rhino barreled on through. The other was able to jab his rahi in the leg with his rahkshi staff, but received a gash from it horn in return.

Outside, Karemo remained in the air as he kept tunneling downwards towards the level where the prisoners were kept.

ppg2.png

IC:

I turned, looking at the small space that was the current target, before turning to Eisen, speaking quietly enough that our targets shouldn't hear us, unless there was a Toa of Sonics hiding somewhere beyond them who was lending them aid.

"Eisen, I want you to crush the barricade in on whoever is within it." I turned to look at the small barricade, frowning. "I doubt it should kill them, but it'll at least flush them out. Rorg, I want you to provide covering fire. I don't know if your Zamor will be of much use here, but they'll at least surprise and confuse people. After Eisen either crushes or scares out the person who is hiding behind that little wall, I'll advance, hopefully with Eisen right behind me - focus on anybody who has weaponry of your sort, by the way. Eisen and I should be fine against anybody using melee weapons, but if a projectile pops out, that's your territory to deal with." I turned partially towards my two compatriots, though my eyes never left our targets.

"Is this an agreeable plan?"

IC:

"I don't care if the first Grandmaster of the order was from Ko-Koro or not, you're not entering that battle again," Jaaku replied. "I don't care if Lutrez and the others can fight. You're wounded. You're not going in there, and you're especially not going to let anybody else get wounded as they try to protect you in the thick of things. You might stay away from the front lines of battle, but as long as you're in the field, you're a liability to everybody around you." Resisting the urge to simply yell Larikon down, Jaaku continued.

"We are finding a shelter. We can find somebody to run messages for you and get you information - Karz, Lutrez could do that, he's intelligent enough. And you're right - every army needs a leader. Every army needs its general. As well as it needs its Lieutenants...to carry out the General's orders, and make sure everybody else carries them out as well. Not for the general to go in and fight himself. No matter what happens, this will still be your victory. I just want to ensure that you'll still be alive to claim it, and that everybody else will still be alive to celebrate it."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Panyk felt the first shards of ice begin to slice into his lower legs, and activated his Kualsi, stumbling, still disoriented, into a wall. His concentration broke, and gravity returned in full force. But slowly, the effects of the Zamor were beginning to wear off... 

A wall of solid sound slammed into Chavara's eardrums, and she clamped her hand over her ears, before suddenly falling to the ground as gravity returned to normal. She landed in a roll, tumbling sideways into the opposite wall to where Panyk was. Her whole head was throbbing, her ears literally screaming at her. But she managed to keep here eyes up, focusing on the group of skakdi assailing her, and activated her Hau, hopefully giving herself some modicum of protection. 

Onic, no longer being levitated by the reduced gravity, dropped to the ground, and the blast of heat vision just missed him.

Heat vision... that meant the skakdi would be blind until his eyesight cleared. Stamping his foot to create another earth tremor, this one much more violent, to distract the ice and sound skakdi, he summoned up a spiked orb of earth and sent it flying upwards towards the blinded gravity skakdi. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC- Captain Korzaa

Korzaa was upset.

Who did this Vortixx think she was? Did she truly think herself worthy to waltz in and tell the most important military commander in the Koro, the last person between it and dust, what to do? Did she believe that Korzaa would listen and trust a shifty Vortixx that she was fairly certain had arrived with the attacking force?

She was not so desperate as this Vortixx assumed.

“You are wrong.” Korzaa said, simply and sharply. “Ko-Koro may not yet be doomed. I am not so easily killed. And I do not stay for my pride. I am not a ruler. I am not a leader. I am not a spiritual figure that the Matoran will follow through the darkness. I am a simple woman doing her duty, and all that entails is protecting this village.” She stopped and began to turn away, but changed her mind. “And if that means dying for this village,” she growled, “Then so be it.”

She turned and waved her hand at her ally, and he stepped forwards, pushing Jin back a step with his spear. “Final warning.” He said in a soft monotone, as Korzaa walked away, silently, down the hallway, preparing her next move.

-----

A thin Toa of Ice breathed slowly, his back pressed against the wall of the cramped room, sensing the movement of the beings further down the passage the room was connected too.

He waited.

OOC

Advance permission given to auto-hit Korzaa's partner or escape from him if you so wish. He's in your control. 

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC: Joskander gasped in pain as he rolled onto his side, his muscles seizing up as the wound on his abdomen continued its protest.  The Skakdi moved as well, preparing his axe for a swing- but not at him.

Out of the corner of his eye, the Toa noticed another figure running towards them.  One of his teammates- the Toa of Ice.

Oh, no.

As fast as his injuries would allow him, Joskander raised his free hand and let loose with the largest gust of wind he was able to muster on a split-second basis.  He didn't expect it to do much; all he needed was a distraction.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

IC (Jin)

"You are wrong."

As soon as I heard those words, I knew there was no point arguing. So instead of waiting for Korzaa to finish what looked like was gearing up to be a tragically heroic speech (these heroic types always give one; it's a mark of the trade), I took action. You remember my palm zappers? I'll forgive you if you don't; I hadn't used them for ages, after all. Long enough for them to build up a full charge several times over, so as soon as Korzaa tried to start a new sentence, I just let 'em rip.

“Ko-Koro may not yet--"

Both spears were gently grazing my palms, and even that minimal physical contact was enough to provide two paths for twin bursts of electricity, the shock from each enough to stun a full-grown Skakdi. I don't like leaving things to chance, so I emptied the batteries. Electricity travels faster than thought, so I guessed my new friends wouldn't know what hit them: their hands would automatically tighten around the hafts of their spears as every muscle in their body spasmed, and the jolt would either knock them to the ground, or kill them. I was hoping for the former: getting Korzaa out alive would require her to be, well, alive.

Edited by delilah

No! Not the fac- "Argh-" Unfortunately for the mercenary the same trick he'd just used worked just as good for the Toa of Stone, he hadn't had time to recover his balance from swinging his machete before the fist collided with the left side of his face. He made an audible grunt, stumbling backwards and instinctively putting his free hand on his wounded face. It was likely he'd have a nasty bruise for quite a while, Toa of Stone could really throw a punch. 

With an angry scowl Xxeth unleashed a powerful blast of wind at his opponent, intending to knock him off his feet. The Calix would help the Po-Toa dodge and evade a lot of things, but he couldn't dodge air itself. 

Overall though, things were going quite well. Unknown to everyone but himself, he hadn't come with the invasion force to attack Ko-koro. In fact, the whole attack had been as much of a surprise to the mercenary as the rest of the village. It was working in his favor though, he'd worked for Makuta Follower's like Echelon in the past, for a price of course. It was hard to get jobs from anyone else when you'd been banished from all the koros. He'd been in Ko-koro under a different name entirely. But if he got the convicts in the Ko-koro prisons freed and got them to join Echelon's cause, Echelon would owe him something. And if Echelon was to rule Ko-koro instead of the current establishment, Xxeth could walk around the city like a free man, instead of hiding behind his hood. 

All in all it was a good investment, all he had to do was kill this pesky Toa of Stone and the rest of his friends. Good thing he had help. 

IC: Wraith

As he came down the mountain on his sled Wraith found himself quickly approaching the hospital. It seemed they'd taken a hit already and were starting to fortify and prepare for an imminent attack. Wraith longed to join the fight in the village, but if the sick and injured were in danger he had to do what he could to protect them first. Plus they would have more information about this attack. 

His sled slowed to a halt as he approached the hospital, he absorbed the sled of ice as he walked toward it. 

"I am here to help." He stated simply to whoever was there to listen. "I have been up on the mountain for some time now, what is the situation in the village?" 

OOC: Basically anyone at the hospital, probably someone in charge, could answer Wraith, I'm not picky who. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Really? Still no free doctors? This is a hospital for Nui's sake!

Verulas was ducking through rooms since he left the lobby, trying to get the attention of the medically-inclined, but no luck. There were rooms filled with them packing equipment, aiding patients, and in the case of one room in particular, two of them were-

No, it was best not to think of what occured in that room ever again.

He was getting irritated and was about to drag the next lab coat-wearing person he saw back with him when he overheard that a lower level had been cleared out. Would he run into one down there?

He made for the stairs, bobbing and weaving through other people moving about when a Matoran carrying a box of medical supplies that obscured his face bumped into him and fell backwards, his cargo dumping itself on the floor.

"Ouch! Hey! Watch where you're going, soil-head!"

"You're the one who blocked your own vision and walked into me, shorty," he said as he continued walking. "Have fun picking up your stuff."

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC- Captain Korzaa

There was nothing the captain could do- the electric shock was remarkably unexpected, her weapon was made of metal, and the energy coursed through it, traveling with all urgency through the captain’s body and into the ground. Her jaw clamped tight, cutting off a very foul word as every other muscle tensed too, sending her shuddering and moaning in pain.

Her companion, however, wielded a wooden spear. Sparks flew and the metal jumped violently, but the electricity would not move through the shaft. He pulled it away rapidly from the Vortixx’s palm, and gained control of the spinning weapon, turning its motion into a showy spin as he step backwards and pointed the blade at the Vortixx.

He didn’t pause for long before he lunged at the woman attacking his captain. 

Edited by Visaru

IC (Jin)

. I knew the guy's spear was wooden, but a couple thousand volts usually blows through it anyway. Must've been something fancy reserved for the guards (though not for their captain, funny enough).

While Korzaa's minion got control of his spear, I took the opportunity to pop one of my knives off the floor with the tip of my foot (should've been a gymnast), and pop one of my fans open with the other. He lunged at me, and I dodged to the side, pushing the tip of the spear away from me with the flat of my knife.

"Pae!" I shouted down the hallway. "To me! Now!"

A voice interrupted Pae's concentrated stature, "Pae!" Oh. "To me! Now!"

Fending off whoever might try to come up the stairs was unarguably important. But if Jin's faint calls were emphasizing his presence immediately, she needed him - as she said - now. Unless she was an idiot. Which was perfectly possible. They'd hardly met one another.

It was time to exercise faith with a risk.

Pae wasted no time. He turned and pointed at the guards, "The enemy will not hesitate to kill you. Listen for their approach." he put his head down and began running. Pae activated his Kakama, and down the halls he went. He rounded the corner, and slid to a stop. There she was, fighting a lone guardsman - all the others were knocked out or writhing on the ground - with a single knife. What had she done to them?

And there on the ground was Korzaa herself, shuddering in pain. He wasted no time wondering what it was Jin had done to her. He skidded towards Jin and her combatant to duck past the pair, hoping Jin would have the sense to keep the guard off of him.

| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC- Captain Korzaa and Company

The guard barely noticed the speeding Pae, too caught up in his own fight. He twirled his staff dangerously, rapidly bringing the other end slicing towards Jin's midsection as she parried another stab.

Korzaa was still awake, but barely, only just managing to keep a stubborn hold on consciousness. Unfortunately, she was still filled with uncontrollable pain, and was having doubts about her ability to move her muscles. She tried to growl and stand up, but only succeeded in whimpering slightly and twitching. She had some strong words to give to that Vortixx when she awoke properly.

IC (Jin)

I jumped back down the hallway as I dodged another swipe, this one clearing my ribs by only a couple inches (close enough for me to break a sweat). This guard was fast, and smart enough to use his reach against me. I only had a knife - he could take me out long before I got close enough to use it. I'd have to play the waiting game until I saw an opportunity.

"You're making a mistake," I said, trying to keep him off balance. "The real enemy is downstairs."

Edited by delilah

Pae ducked past the fight, almost running into Korzaa, who was hardly able to move. He dipped down a little to pick her up, and in doing so expelled what little might be left of his elemental energy. Iron binds began to wrap around her wrists and ankles.

"Collect Nika. Meet me at the docks!" Once he rose with the twitching Korzaa in his arms he began running again down the halls. Pae's cloak whipped in the wind, the blood slicking back over his forehead. As his feet flew across the floor he prayed for the success and survival of his companions. And that Korzaa would remain immobile until Pae could get outside the village and down the mountain.

| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC- Captain Korzaa and Company

"You're making a mistake," Jin said, "The real enemy is downstairs." But her words seemed to have no effect on the guard, who didn't even acknowledge the response and moved in to attack again, his blades twirling and flashing-

When Pae zoomed past and scooped up Captain Korzaa who, although twitching a bit more violently against her latest captor, remained unable to escape the iron bonds that formed around her limbs.  The guard paused, shocked, and for a moment unsure of what to do as he watched his leader fast disappear down the hallway, out of his reach. 

Edited by Visaru

IC (Jin)

"That's it. She's gone."

I kept my guard up. Was he even listening? This guy was hard to read, to say the least, but maybe I could trick him into thinking for himself for once.

"Now, you have a choice. Even if you kill me, it won't bring your captain back, so you can believe me when I promise we won't hurt her, or you can continue this pointless fight until Echelon finds us, and I can guarantee that he won't be making any such promises."

IC: Verulas reached the staircase and proceeded to go down when he felt the Matoran's tiny hands press into the small of his back and throw him off balance. He tumbled down the steps as they dug into his side and back before his body landed in a heap at their base.

"What's the matter soil-head? Not so fun when it's you falling is it?"

Verulas looked up at him, anger contorting his face as he righted himself, the thought of what he was about to do forcing him to grin.

Two could play at this game, and there was no one around to protect the pipsqueak now.

A vine shot from his hand, wrapping around the Matoran's leg as he pulled, tripping him up and forcing his backside to hit every single step on his way down.

"I don't know," he seethed as he landed in front of his feet. "You tell me."

He pulled out one of his knives and put a small cut on his leg as he clamped his free hand over the Matoran's mouth, preventing him from calling for help as the poison started to take effect.

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: The Toa of stone flew backwards across the courtyard, carried on Xxeth's blast of air. He came almost to the opposite wall before his feet touched the ground again, and he landed adroitly, again utilising his calix. No longer able to strike at the mercenary directly, he summoned a large rock with his power and threw it at him.

When Panyk teleported, the ice shards followed him like a swarm of angry insects. They crossed the space between them quickly, leaving him stuck between them and the wall.

Chavara's hau took some edge off the noise assaulting her, but not much. This noise was coming from all around her at once, whereas the hau was designed to block specific sources of visible danger. Seeking to press his advantage, the Skakdi of sonics produced a sonic boom, focussing the shockwave at her mask in an attempt to knock it off her face.

The Skakdi of gravity rose into the air slightly as the ground shook under him, but it was too late before he saw the earth ball. It caught him in the chest and he fell to the ground, landing on his back. Luckily, the guard's thick armour had protected him from the spikes piercing his flesh, but he was still in an unforgiving position.

Only out of reflex, rather than seeign the projectile coming, the Vo-Toa rolled to the side, evading Kitano's lightstone projectile. It was to be expected that the Dark Toa would throw something at her while she was down, so she didn't have to know what it was to know to get out of the way. Her vision was starting to clear up by the time she heard the crystal collide with the wall, so she was able to stagger to her feet in time to parry Kitano's blow with his sword as he rushed towards her. The two toa crossed blades in a flurry of blows, moving back and forth across the courtyard as they fought.

The clashes of flying magics, weapons and bright flash of light spooked the vako, even in spite of their aggressive instincts. They were not kane-ra, who simply threw themselves at any obstacle put in front of them. The one that had almost been tackled continued on out of the prison gates, leaving its wounded companion behind. The second, now facing two Parakuka-enhanced Vortixx, was being slowly herded back into a corner before their staffs.

ppg2.png

Chavara had clamped her hands over her ears once more after activating her mask, trying to block out the deafening noise, so when the sonic wave hit her, she was blown backwards, but managed to keep a hold of her mask. Her shield still failed as her concentration broke, and she slammed painfully wall behind her, dazed and open to attack. 

Panyk heard the ice shards whistling through the air towards him, and threw up a field of heavily increased gravity around him in an effort to slow down the ice, hopefully buying himself enough time to recover from the effects of the Zamor he'd been hit with. 

Onic, the only one of his team still in fighting condition, struck out in two different directions simultaneously, ripping a deep rift in the earth underneath the downed gravity skakdi, and using that same displaced earth to form a rough shield around Chavara, hopefully blocking some of the sound attack directed at her. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: The ice shards attacking Panyk dropped to the ground, immobilised by gravity. They stirred a couple of times as they tried to continue their attack, but then fell silent and still when it became clear that the attempt was futile. Still, the Skakdi's bag of tricks was not exhausted. Where elemental power failed, his laser vision would not be affected by gravity. The ice wall behind Panyk shivered slightly as he let rip.

The Skakdi of gravity dropped down into the earth as the ground fell through below him, dropping him into the level below, where the prisoners' cells were. He got to his feet, taking a moment to regain his bearings as the last spots disappeared from his vision.

The Skakdi of sonics stalked forwards to finish the downed toa of fire, only to have his path blocked by an earthen dome. He growled in frustration at the last minute save, and let his elemental power lapse. It had done its job. There was only this shield to deal with, and it was quickly growing thicker. Another weakening zamor flew from his launcher, striking the shield, and leaving it ripe of destruction by way of the Skakdi's impact vision. He blasted the front of the mound apart, and kept going, pummeling away at the toa trapped inside by the remainder of the barrier.

ppg2.png

Onic watched the downed skakdi drop through under the earth and vanish from sight. Whether he'd killed him or not, Onic didn't care. He was well out of reach of the other skakdi, meaning he couldn't access his powers anymore. For now, he wasn't going to be a threat. Onic closed the rent in the earth, trapping the skakdi wherever he was below ground, before turning towards the ice skakdi, who was firing his laser vision at Panyk. Too late to stop the attack, Onic still flung a chunk of earth at the skakdi.

With the effects of the disorientation Zamor finally cleared enough for Panyk to think straight, he looked up to see the ice skakdi firing its laser vision at him. Hunched over as he was, with a wall to his left, Panyk had no chance of directly dodging the blow. Instead, he reversed his control of gravity. Instead of increasing it, he reduced it around himself, levitating himself. He was a few moments too slow, however, and the bolt of laser vision melted a hole in his leg armour, searing the flesh underneath and causing him to roar in pain.

Now he was mad. 

Chavara felt the force of the impact vision strike her earthen shield, courtesy of Onic, it seemed. She reminded herself to thank him later. But right now, with her ears clear, she was ready to strike back. Still crouched, sheltering behind the quickly-disintegrating shield, she charged her sword with elemental power and stabbed it through the earth in the direction of where the skakdi's blows were coming from, unleashing a blast of red-hot, hate-filled flame from the blade as she did. 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

IC: The Matoran eventually passed out as Verulas snatched the pouch of widgets hanging from his belt, counting out forty-nine before adding them to his own funds.

What?

That's what happens when you decide to be a jerk.

"Sweet dreams," he mused as he dragged his unconcious "friend" down to the basement and shoved his body into a nearby broom closet.

The dose flowing through his veins was less concentrated than what was given to the Ta-Matoran outside; he would wake up just as it was time for everyone to leave. Verulas wasn't going to bloody his hands on this minor annoyance, that was for sure.

The Toa began to whistle as he continued on his journey and, after some time had past, eventually arrived at the morgue. He took a look at the sign above the doors and shrugged his shoulders.

The back of his mind briefly questioned how the Toa of Crystal would react to him bringing her a mortician, but hey, they were doctors too...

He pushed open the doors and entered the room.

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Kimala - Hospital

"Not good," she said to Wraith. Her brows were deeply furrowed, but she showed no outward sign of the pain in her side. "As far as I know, the Sanctum has fallen, or is in the process of doing so, and the doctors are all loaded with patients." She smiled grimly, "Leaving little ol' me to deal with this on my lonesome."

She inspected her wound again, and prodded at the crystal with her elemental power. She might as well get the blood flowing properly for now. Keeping the tissue around the wound alive would help. Using her knowledge of anatomy, she constructed artificial blood vessels in the crystal, and suddenly the discolored area around the wound looked almost good as new, save for the dried or frozen blood. It wasn't perfect, but it sure was something to be proud of. She smiled at her workmanship. As it turned out, there were combat applications to being a teacher.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: "Hello? Is anybody in here?"

Silence.

Verulas entered cautiously, as this would normally be a restricted area if not for the chaos in the city, and he quietly scanned his surroundings. The majority of the body freezers were tightly secured, but there was still a few tables with corpses on them, some of the sheets covering them up heavily stained in blood. The scent in the air told him that they were still fresh, most likely the remains of those who were wounded who unfortunately didn't make it here alive when the attack began on the city.

It had been a while since he had seen so much death packed into one room.

If anyone else had been around, he would've acted like it was no big deal, but even for him it was still a hard sight to see.

His eyes caught sight of a note taped onto one of the freezers and, upon further examination, learned that medics were only allowed down there briefly before they had to go back up and help more of the incoming wounded.

Just his luck; he had come all this way for nothing.

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Revekk (Citadel Entrance)

"#/!@%&+"

The exact nature of the foul words that escaped my mouth was a secret I'd probably carry to the grave. The Nightfall had broken through and sealed the entrance after themselves. We had failed to hold them back, failed to stop them.

I had failed.

My fists pounded on the barricade fruitlessly, demanding to be let inside, to no avail.

There had to be a way in.

"You there, Toa of Iron" I called to one of the few remaining disaparate defenders.

"Remove this blockade so we can follow them inside, what are you waiting for?"

OOC: That'd be Sukot he's hopefully talking to. I couldn't find anything hinting that he was down or absent.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...