If You Could Only Take One...

Nick Silverpen

If you had to take ONE Bionicle with you, on a long trip of a few months, which would you take with you? Why? Would it be for personal reasons, or for just the sheer love of the set?I'm currently headed for college in a few days, and I've been thinking this question- should I at least take a small Matoran or Bohrok or something of the like, just to have a piece of my old self with me, or leave it all behind, and figure that I'd be home again by Christmas? It does seem kind of trivial, so silly, but it's just a thought for the rest of BZP. In addition to this, when Hurricane Irene struck last August, along the east coast, many of my friends had to pick their most valued possessions while they were being swept away in mandatory island evacuations. Most of us from the old days have certainly amassed a fair share of Bionicle sets through the years, and I've wondered what would we take with us if we were in the same situation.So, what would you take?

I don't know. I probably wouldn't be able to, because all my Bionicle sets are in pieces.I guess I'd just bring something small... maybe a Matoran of some sort.

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Oh lord, another one of these?Anyways, not sure. Probably Berix or Tahu Stars, something small.
There's a difference between this thread and the "if you could only save one set in a fire" thread.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Are they? I would think fire would mean grab one if you didn't have a choice, but this here is which would you be willing to take if you HAD the choice, like which one means the most to take away with you. I'm not really sure what I want to take to college with me, whether it be a Matoran 01/03/04/06, or a Bohrok or even a smaller 2001 Toa or something. It seems trivial, but I'm like "I have to focus on studies, but I want a piece of me in my dorm. But what Bionicle fits what I want to bring?"

Tie between Lewa Mata, Tarakava, Muaka & Kane-Ra, Lehrahk, Toa Norik, and Keelerak.Lewa Mata since it was my first Bionicle set; Tarakava/Muaka & Kane-Ra because they're just so frigging cool :P. Lehrahk since he was one of my favorite Christmas presents I've gotten, Toa Norik since I got him on a special trip in another country, and Keelerak since he was a special present my uncle gave me. :)

... Hmmm. All my sets are either crippled (Stars Takanuva's got a break in his headpiece's socket joint, Mata Nui's arm had to be amputated below the elbow due to a godawful break in the forearm piece) or in pieces and lost to the ravages of me not sorting anything ever (PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING ELSE). If I had all the sets I've ever had lined up in front of me I'd probably take Gali Nuva because she's my precious beat-up '03 bragging rights, but I have about half her pieces so... Kiina. Because she's the best off of all my sets, and one of my favorite characters anyway.Actually no. My Mata Nui set. Because I can totally whip up an AU where him only having an arm and a half makes sense, and he's pretty well-off other than that. (And if it was take two sets I'd take them both and pose them in suspiciously shippy ways...)

I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

Avatar made with the Rayg Kit 2.5, and featuring Lilak, Toa of Lightning.

She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

For a trip, I'd take a small one, like a Matoran set, probably Hahli, but given any choice, probably my Light-Drained Takanuva.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

Definitely a Bohrok (for playability) or something small with tons of pieces, like a Va, 03 Matoran, or something, just so I could fit it in my pocket and still dismantle it and rebuild it a ton of times during the trip.If I could take a MOC, probably one of my Matoran MOCs, for the same reason as above.

El crappo... I hadn't thought about this.... I'm going to college too (in a few months), and I have to leave them behind? Dang...For college, probably my Pahrak, because it was my first set ever, and means the most to me. And it's awesome.But in general, maybe Nidhiki. He is probably my favorite all-around. Again, because he's awesome.

The first Toa of Cereal

For set purposes, I would take Umbra. The world is a crazy place and you never know what sort of enemies you'll make who might have an epileptic reaction to his blade lights before they try to harm you.For personal reasons, I would take Toa Lhikan because he's a cool looking set and the guy was a war hero.-Ced

• 3 weeks later...