X-Men: Discussion Topic

Krayzikk

Yeah, the evening out of the time streams atm would be magnificent.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

I'm done role-playing. It's fun but it is doing nothing for me right now. Especially since I'm in college and it has affected my grades. I'm sorry guys if you feel I'm letting you down but the RP is in Tyler and Snark's very capable hands so you his should be fine. Feel free to still hit me up on Skype to the people I do talk too.Oh right my characters. I'd like them left alone and whatnot.Peace.

Right. Would anyone be interested in being Romulus's inside man within the club?

Someone had to be keeping taps on them.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Adders, so did Francisca (I may have gotten that wrong) kill Beast and is she still there in the Med-Ward.

Yes, she killed Beast, no she is not still there.

EDIT: Go ahead, Basilisk.

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Adders, so did Francisca (I may have gotten that wrong) kill Beast and is she still there in the Med-Ward.

Why would Francesca stick around after Beast was murdered?

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Hm, Well, no one still knows who killed him, just the person who did.

EDIT: Well, some people stay to clean up there mess, if they did make a mess. But you might have to do it quick so no one sees you.

EDIT2: I just re-read it and found what Adders said. My concentration has been off today for some reason.

Edited by Flaredrick: Forgotten One

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

Yeah well.

Good luck with that.

I've planned this out quite well. Worst comes to worst I'll just take out the whole manor.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Welcome to the hazards of heading up any big faction ever. Backstabbing out the wazoo.

Planning an attack, keeping control of an organization, planning out defenses....these things are all hard work. You don't want to know how long I spent pondering the defenses around the president.

Why should we warn other people "hey, I'm going to try and take over your group with this awesome plan of mine"?

That detracts from the role-play. Sure, you've got your own plots.

Find a way to fit these together, make it more realistic. Keep the RP feeling natural.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

I think I'll leave this is in the capable hands of the staff.

What they decide, I shall follow.

*Shamelessly passes the buck*

I get real life coming first, I've been subject to that numerous times.

But that doesn't mean we can't work hard to make the RPG look natural, instead of having to warn each other about everything.

Otherwise it'll just go further

"Hey, bro, my guy is going to punch your character to finish this eight-month-long fight okay"

"NO THAT'S GODMODDING HE SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO PUNCH HIM WITH THOSE PUNY HANDS"Disclaimer: this was deliberately taken far beyond the bounds of realism

Also, yay white text (check it)

profiles i guess

I think I'll leave this is in the capable hands of the staff.

What they decide, I shall follow.

*Shamelessly passes the buck*

Darnit, Basilisk. Always passing this stuff off to me.

Alright. Here's mu judgment on the matter, make of it what you will. I've never been a fan of plots set in stone, unable to be changed by outside influence. Which is why, since I gained a measure of authority around here, outcomes have been less and less predictable. I like to encourage people to affect things.

But more than that, there is no rule against interference. Which means, as long as what he does is reasonable, and within the bounds of the rules, Basilisk can technically affect things however he wants. Whether he chooses to continue, or to pause and let you finish up the plot is entirely up to him.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

What can I say? My avatar is a snake. I'm treacherous by nature. :P

I think we can work something out. So that Shaw survives and is able to do something at least.

Depends on many factors.

Well, since I'm about to leave for vacation, don't expect me posting much this week. If anyone has questions about my characters, or if they need a post from me, just give me a heads up in this topic, or send me a PM. I'll try and post at least once or twice each day, since the only 'computer' available to me will be my mother's Ipad (I detest these apple devices, despite the fact that the games one can install upon them are quite enjoyable), and I'm sure that I wont be the only one who wants to use it.

In the meantime, don't kill my characters in important plot-changing events, just bunny them along please.

Stay safe, have fun! =D

Also. Incidentally if any other former Weapon wants the Romulus apology package, please PM me. I can't keep track of you all.

Cambion I know about. Brooklyn and Rebecca I knew about.

The rest.....eh. Not so much.

I've got a few questions about Romulus.First of all, the Romulus that Basilisk is controlling doesn't seem to be acting like his canon self. Which begs the question: was canon Romulus the clone? Or is this canon Romulus?Secondly, Romulus claims to be tens of thousands of years old. That means that he would have been around since before the First Ice Age, during the time of the Cro-Magnons! Why did he have to wait so long to distinguish himself?

First off, canon Romulus would have gotten himself killed off pretty quickly. People who murder for no reason but personal amusement often do. Rule through fear is nice but not practical. Not long term. You have to give people some sort of benefit. Or some people some sort of benefit. Real conquerers understand this. Genghis Khan did, Julius did....

Someone who bloody well founded Rome certainly should. Canon Romulus was the clone insofar as I care.

First off, canon Romulus would have gotten himself killed off pretty quickly. People who murder for no reason but personal amusement often do. Rule through fear is nice but not practical. Not long term. You have to give people some sort of benefit. Or some people some sort of benefit. Real conquerers understand this. Genghis Khan did, Julius did....

Someone who bloody well founded Rome certainly should. Canon Romulus was the clone insofar as I care.

Romulus

wouldn't

have

been

an

emprah

He'd have been a King

profiles i guess