Marvel, Rebirth:

OOC: Its actually Wakandan, not Wagandin

IC:

"And how did you acquire these electric powers?" Terrance asked clearly interested. It wasn't everyday that a normal person suddenly had such power. Perhaps he's a mutant and doesn't know it... or the product of some sort of experiment or accident.

Terrance shook his head at John's question. "No, I am from here. Detroit actually." he hesitated.

"Very observant on my suit, it is vibranium-mesh. Which is of course from Wakanda. It wasn't easy for me to get my hands on. I have no ties to Wakanda or the Black Panther other then he is my idol and I wanted to cary on what he did."

IC:

"Trin, no-" Tera took a deep breath as her shirt finished turning to stone, suddenly rather heavy around her torso. A moment later, she let the breath out quietly. It wasn't Trinity's fault, she didn't know any better. The young woman would have begun an explanation of why it wasn't proper to turn peoples' shirts into stone, but she was interrupted by a knock at the door. For a long moment, she was silent. Then she stood and moved wordlessly to the door, peering out through the peephole to check who was on the other side.

Satisfied by what she saw, she carefully opened the door, a task made much more difficult by the fact that her new stone apparel limited the movement of her upper arms. She didn't open it far, and took care to block the door with her body to bar easy entry, but her expression was friendly enough.

"Morning, GI Jane. Anything I can do for you?"

IC:

"Yes, the gang's all here." The technopath replied quietly, surveying the people around him. He gave Ashley a slight smile, Dallas a nod, and cast Nicole a rather appraising look, as if trying to ascertain exactly what she was, and what she was doing there. "Gang seems to have gotten a bit bigger since the last time. And I think you've had enough, Dallas."

IC:

Rebekah observed the proceedings silently, red and violet eyes alike gleaming slightly in the faint light the full moon afforded. She spoke nary a word, though she had stepped aside quite nimbly when the motorized vehicle had plowed into her former teammate. This was not her job; In fact, she had warned her former colleague that she would not intervene.

So she saw no reason to act.

OOC: Posts to follow for James and Bekah, hopefully this evening.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Aella

I let out a yelp of surprise as Tera's shirt suddenly shifted, becoming much harder and heavier. I'd been leaning on Tera's shoulder so I had noticed the effects right away.

A sudden, loud knock gave me yet another shock as I jerked away from Tera and looked around frantically, the noise had stopped as quickly as it had started. What was that!? Tera was surprisingly calm, sitting silently for a moment before going towards the door and opening it, there was a person outside.

"Who's that?"

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"Yeah, its called the X-Gene. You're a mutant plain and simple." Terrance chuckled. Never thought I'd meet a mutant that didn't actually know what they were.

Nightstalker cast his eyes around the alleyway. "We should go. Someone might have heard the shots. Police would be coming, they don't take too kindly to anyone taking the law into their own hands."

He turned and jumped towards the alleyway-wall. His feet firmly planted on the side of the wall and instead of bouncing off due to gravity they stuck; due to the vibranium pads in the soles of his boots. Terrance slowly began to walk up the side of the alleyway wall. Once he reached the top he pulled himself onto the roof and then crouched low so he could look at the two men.

"His spirit will never die because of people like me that carry on his legacy."

IC:

"Oh I know what it is. I was at the Manor for a few years when Hank McCoy was around."

"We should rendezvous somewhere. Maybe at Madison Square Park. It's trees and size make it ideal for us."

They soon began to walk out at casually and not look back. If they did, any police just arriving to the scene will suspect them.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC: Jesika

"Hey, y'know, might want to be careful."

The voice of the unassuming, grey-haired teen didn't carry far within the darkness around, yet it was most certainly audible to those present. Jesika's pale, metallic complexion appeared next to the Rebekah who was a former resident of the same universe she herself had escaped from. The artificial lighting cast hard shadows across her features, making her appear much more weary than usual. Her gaze was distant and unfocused, though possibly because of the time, while her hands were slipped into the pockets of her jeans. She almost looked normal right then, with her wings hidden from view. Almost.

"Wouldn't want to dent the car."

The sharp sound of a bubble popping sliced through the air, and she went back to chewing her gum.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

Girl in arm, Daken Akihiro swaggered into the breakfast joint to follow up with the rest of the Dark Avengers. He ordered a massive pancake meal, complete with huge bacon reservoir, eggs, and drinks for him and Asa to split, and when he had receipt in hand he ushered the team over into the circular corner booth. He sat in the center, Asa coiled like a serpent on his lap. Angela and Nate slipped in on his right, while Leah Kaida cautiously sat to his left. None of them talked, but Daken was still smiling, sure of himself as ever, and now Asa had a semblance of her typical bluster back in her as well after Akihiro's reveal in the parking lot.

Casually, he brushed crimson hair away from one of her startling eyes. The room was quiet, and he savored the silence for all it was worth until the food arrived.

-Tyler

IC:

Asa leaned back against Daken's chest as she waited for breakfast. While she had been initially unsettled by Daken's reveal, she realized that Daken wouldn't kill, not unless she betrayed him, and she had absolutely zero intention of that, she'd rather not end up on his claws. Besides they had something good going, and Daken apparently didn't want to lose it either. The waiters and waitresses came back with everybody's meal, she munched on a single strip of bacon for slipping into the seat next to Daken, would have awkward to eat like that anyways, and she could afford to not be sitting in Daken's lap every second of every day. "Everyone's so silent, what about you Nate, you seemed more talkative when Daken and I were using you as a cushion earlier," Asa joked. What a shame really, the team had been a lot more talkative, but Daken's proclamation earlier must have soured everyone's morning. Everyone's morning except Daken and Asa's, even after the parking lot reveal.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC:

Nate snapped out of whatever he was in. "Just thinking about old times, I guess. You also took my BH&G magazine away." Daken, Asa, and Angela - the other three that had been together since the team's true formation, in the huge section of the Oscorp tower that had been set aside for the Dark Avengers - all laughed at the callback, while Leah looked around in confusion. The sun was bright and its rays peaceful on their skin. Nate explained the Better Homes fixation to Leah, and after a second the hyperactive vigilante started to laugh herself. Hundreds of yards away, Khalid held his breath, willfully slowed his heart as much as possible, measured the sights perfectly upon Daken's temple, and fired.

The bullet arced through the air faster than sound, twirling serenely through the stillness, glowing with the beautiful light of the early-morning sun, and then the window shattered. His precision shot would have taken Daken through the temple, had he not leaned in to whisper something in Nate's ear; instead, the bullet went through his left cheek, under the high bones of his facial structure, and out through the other, blowing one cheek out. Cheeks were thin, and tended not to have many important veins going through them; Akihiro reached up to his face and cursed gingerly (air whistled through the holes in his cheeks) before he rolled back and landed on the sidewalk. Under his breath, he groaned a small curse.
There was little blood. Elsewhere, Khalid had already packed up and was walking forward to meet the group. That had been another of Akihiro's conditions, right above Try not to aim for the face.
"Daken?" Asa went immediately to Daken's side. She did her best to move him behind cover. "Stay here, I'm going to kill the ###### who shot you. I'll bring his trigger finger back as keepsake." Her eyes were filled with rage as she moved along, trying to get a bead on where the shot came from. Pulling her pistol out of her holster, she focused, but a devilish grin wasn't on her lips, no she was grim, focused and ready to fill an unlucky assassin full of lead, but not before she made him scream. How unlucky he would be in this instant, because Asa had all the luck in the world, and this ###### would pay for hurting Daken.
Nate's vision was filled with a single white line going across his vision, through Daken's cheek, and back toward Khalid's position. Ascertaining that Daken was okay with relative speed, he didn't even look up as he spoke out of the corner of his mouth. "Sniper, twenty feet up and at my five o'clock."
"Mm-mm. Too...too expenshive." The air was still whistling through Daken's cheeks as he spoke, even while he tried to hold them shut and cursed violently. "Meet...###### fache, god ###### it, ashked him to go for chenter massh...Khalid. Lasht team member. No onesh dying anymore. Tesht. Final tesht. All pashed. 'Gratu######inglashions. Welcome to the big leagues. You all earned it."
When he moved his fingers away, they were still coated in blood from the broken, spidery veins that had been busted in his cheeks, but his face had relatively healed. He kissed Asa once on the nose and muttered his thanks before he cracked his neck and stood up, tilting his head with an irritated grin, impressed despite itself, at the nondescript figure with the duffel bag made his way over to the table calmly. Asa viewed him with undisguised menace, while Angela cut into her pancakes - clearly no one was dying in the next fifteen seconds, or if they did they were too insignificant to note. Nate merely watched, stoic as ever.
"Khalid Nicephore du Saint-Just," he introduced. "The last new recruit we're picking up. Try not to get in a spitball fight with him. As you can see, he gets a little cutthroat."
-Tyler
Edited by LONG LIVE TYLER

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

-IC:-

Khalid, save for a singular blink, remained entirely equanimous during Daken's introduction, considerably more impassive than your average igneous rock. He bowed stolidly as the last syllable of Saint-Just faded into the air, and then continued the taciturn stare as cutthroat vanished into oblivion as well.

I apologise for the bêtise,” Khalid enounced in his soft, unobtrusive way. “It slipped my mind that you mentioned the torso.” An obviously false statement; Khalid had maximised the potential damage of his shot, as Nate no doubt was aware; if it wasn't for his forward lean, Daken's encephalon would contain a few less centimeters of cerebral cortex than the ideal. “I see introductions are handled; perhaps we could discuss travail, Mr. Akihiro.” Khalid seemed willfully oblivious to the other individuals around him, not precisely ignoring them, for that would mean a refusal on his part to acknowledge them (which he was too intelligent to allow), but still possessing absolutely insensate indifference. These people could each, arguably, murder him with ease, and yet he stood tall and straight, albeit perhaps with a hint of boredom in his posture, shouldering his dufflebag and asking for payment. It was by this point that most would notice his eyes, the twin abyssal pools of sea green. If death was given form, it would be the wielder of those twin athanors of utter, granitic, heartlessness.

Edited by Prodigal

pNNgXax.jpg

IC:

With a click, or rather a tap that resulted in a fake click of the irritating type, the plan was set into motion, and there'd be no stopping it.

And the theme from Mission: Impossible began playing through the single earbud connected to the iPod with slightly cracked screen. Said earbud placed within her ear, the top-top-secret agent slid the device into her jean's pocket, before taking a single careful step down the hallway. Her sneaker immediately squeaked, and she winced, glancing around for a frantic second to decided whether or not her position had been compromised.

No one, she was clear. The mission was still a go.

She moved quickly from there, quiet, if not completely silent, as her feet decided now was the best time to make noises. She hugged the wall as she went, knees bent in a slight crouch as she approached her target. It was there, just up ahead. A door like any other, plain and nondescript, with a single row of letters spelling out the room behind's occupant. Or normal occupant, as she had reason to believe that said occupant was gone for now, if her sources were to be trusted.

She did, mainly because she'd payed them well, they wouldn't lie.

She slid up to the door, pressing her back to it's surface while turning her head just enough to gaze through the small, frosted glass window. Just to be sure.

Well, she couldn't see anything. Though that was to be expected given the construction of the glass she was attempting to look through.

She placed a hand on the door handle, and took a breath.

In a single smooth motion, she opened the door and slipped around inside, closing it just as quietly.

She glanced around, confirming that no one else was in with her.

And her target was right there.

Top Secret Operation Codename: "De-Wheeling Office Chair" was a go.

Jesika Snow grinned, and extracting a small wrench from the pocket opposite of her iPod, got to work doing just that.

There may or may not have been a evil laugh, or giggle, involved.

OOC:

the sheer terror this post induces

what have i unleashed

we're doomed

~(o.o)~

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC Peter

Peter, blissfully unaware of the hijinks that were taking place in his office, went to go get a coffee. Or a cola. Or an energy drink. Or whatever could keep him awake.

Trudge, trudge, trudge, trudge.

Slump.

"OW!!!"

Trudge, trudge, trudge.

Arriving in the cafeteria, Peter filled his humongous flask with copious amounts of coffee. "This should do it," he thought to himself as he headed back.

Trudge, trudge, trudge.

"Man, that last class was ######..."

NPC HYDRA vehicles

Persephone's rockets hit the treads of the tank, and a small explosion could be heard. When the take tried to move again, clackety sounds came from its treads. Something was very obviously damaged, as shown when the tank started driving in circles, with the clacking sounds getting worse and the tank slowing down by a lot. The driver swore something in German while the manual gunner lot out the top hatch. He was planning to push Persephone off, but then he saw just how armored she was. "... Uh-oh." He took out a pistol and started firing rapidly at the suit, all the while screaming in terror, knowing full well what would come next.

The other tank, seeing the suit leap onto the top of the first tank, trained its guns on Persephone, but didn't fire. If their assessment of Persephone's capabilities were correct, then shooting at her whole she was on an allied tank would only hurt their comrades. "Sir, the suit's going all ninja on us! We need precision marksmen!"

The garage doors opened again, this time with two more tanks, an artillery cannon (ooc am I allowed one of these?), and ten infantry soldiers, four of them with sniper rifles, emerged from the building. The snipers took aim, while the infantry and the backup tanks charged forward.

From another hatch, a search helicopter emerged. Turning on a powerful searchlight, it began scoring the area for suspicious objects.

Two of the Humvees drove back to engage Persephone and Vivus, still using suppressive fire, while the rest of them began searching the area.

The foot soldier that had jumped rom one of the Humvees also blazed forward, looking for any hostels.

Meanwhile, inside the base, the remaining Hummers took position in what hallways they could fit in, acting as backup guns. The guards inside the base maintained regular patrol, though they were getting antsy.

IC Tokiomi

Tokiomi waited.

Edited by Last Son Amakusa

IC: Ashley

While everyone else was fairly focused on speaking with the less than sober Dallas, Ashley had started wandering the classroom a bit. She found quite a few kinds of alcohol lying around, she decisively picked up an unopened bottle of Corona near Dallas and looked it over curiously.

"Hmmmmmm...."

Without a word or any kind of warning she popped the lid off and brought the opening to her mouth and started to drink. She found the taste very strange, almost repulsive, but Dallas seemed to be having so much fun that she figured she'd just keep chugging it.

And that was Ashley's first time drinking.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

OOC: Team Sneaky Monkey, if you're bored looks like you've got a helicopter and a couple of humvees to take out. Hopefully quietly

Oh and construct, Persephone was behind the tank, not on top of it

IC: As rounds from the snipers pinged and zinged off her armour, Persephone realised she needed to take cover. Or take to the air, but she needed a static position to deal with those garage doors and airborne she'd still be a target.

Well...there was that tank behind her...

She dropped to the ground and rolled, using a little of her flight power to make sure she kept rolling as far as she needed. Only when the black shadow of the tank's underbelly enclosed her did she stop. With all this enemy armour on top of her the other tanks and humvees wouldn't be able to fire without taking out the tank. And the snipers would have to get much closer just to get the right angle. should keep them off her back while she handicapped that garage...

"Vivus, beware, I've just made you a more inviting target. Find cover or take evasive manoeuvres! Marauder, they've got snipers, afraid I didn't have time to see how many. I'd appreciate it if you could take them out for me!"

Latching her grapple onto the tank, ensuring she'd be pulled along by the vehicle if it tried to simply move away from her to give everything else a clean shot, she pointed her other hand at the garage doors Marauder had indicated. Her maser fired up, a bright line of incandescent energy spitting it from it to strike at those doors.

Or specifically the joins.

She was trying to fuse it shut, using the intense microwave beam like a welding torch to seal up and warp the mechanisms that allowed the doors to open. No garage doors meant no more tanks and humvees. They'd be forced to use smaller doors and send out guards from the interior if they wanted to defend themselves.

Who would have thought all that time in the helicarrier playing real-time strategy games would be paying off?

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

Her skin was blue now as she waited in the tree. She didn't move. She was completely still. Her shoes had been discarded and burried under the snow. Her bare feet gripped the tree beneath her as strands of blue hair hung about her form. Her target was moving in close now. A lone Hydra soldier who had disembarked from one of the humvees.

The soldier moved underneath her tree; searching the area for her team-mates. Jennifer suddenly flipped from the branch of the tree. She landed silently in the snow behind the soldier and reached out with her hands attempting to grab the back of his head and twist it violently; hopefully snapping his neck.

IC:

Nicole watched as Ashley moved and began drinking something. She shrugged before walking over and grabbing a bottle of captain herself. She poured it into a cup of coke before taking a sip. She smiled at Ashley.

"Like, cheers!"

OOC: Seems like Jennifer is the only active character on Team Sneaky Monkey, she'll do her best to take out some Humvees I'm not sure how quietly she can, but I'm also tryint to not get her killed

Edited by Flex Till Death

OOC: Sorry I haven't responded. Who else is in Team Sneaky Monkey?

IC: TLAW-001 Vivus

By the time Persephone sent out her warning Vivus had already begun moving about in evasive manners across the battlefield. "No problem!" he responded. "Put your plan in action, I'll handle myself in the meantime!" Vivus knew Persephone was right, suddenly he was the most attractive target on the battlefield. He didn't have nearly as much bulk as the Titanium Blonde, fancy gadgetry, or even a cool name. But what he did have was speed on the ground, and Vivus took advantage of that all he could. Dashing, sidestepping, rolling, Vivus did everything he could to make it difficult for the HYDRA forces to actually hit him.

During his maneuvers, Vivus created small energy barriers on the fly to block fire from other directions. Afterwards, he fired them towards the source of the gunfire itself, not so much for hitting them back but to draw fire away from himself, as those barriers were not indestructible. But hey, if the gunners let the barriers strike them, Vivus had no complaints. Once in a while, he'd throw in an energy blast to throw them off and maybe push the HYDRA forces back.

Suddenly, Vivus stopped shooting to first conserve his energy, and secondly to take a more offensive approach. He had grabbed a fragmentation grenade and pulled the pin, waiting for just the right moment. Then, when Vivus felt that time came, he rolled it to underneath the area a Humvee seemed to be heading, hoping he had timed it just right so that the grenade exploded the moment the Humvee moved over that spot. Then he moved over behind a tank, leaping backwards while he brought out his retractable explosive cannon, firing a round at one of the tank treads in an attempt to cripple it's ability to move.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

NPC HYDRA

"Charlie-1! Bigey on your tail-literally!" The tank Persephone had latched onto promptly attempted to drive for the woods, if only to mess up Persephone's aim. "Oh !" one if the tank drivers swore as Persephone launched her maser from under the tank. "What are we supposed to do about that?"

EDIT: while one of the tanks was dragging Persephone around, the other three opened fire on Vivus. Advancing like moving walls, firing their guns and explosive cannons with great frequency, none of Vivus's attacks seemed to halt their determined advance (though the mounted gunners often HD to stop to punch the barriers).

The two assault Humvees circled around to engage Vivus, but one had the misfortune of rolling over a frag grenade. The under-mechanisms broke, and the Humvee stopped in its tracks. The gunner swore and opened fire, while the driver and passenger disembarked and readied their rifles.

The tank that Vivus shot stopped in its tracks, like the one Persephone shot earlier. Rolling its treads uslessly, it turned in place, not going forward but spinning in a slow circle. "They're running circles around us!" the gunner yelled angrily.

Billy Ray, the new recruit, was having a bad day. He had apparently joined some terrorist group and was now sitting in a dark dank garage filled with war machines of various shapes and sizes. "At least let me spread terror if I'm in a terrorist group," he thought to himself. Why was he even here? He had heard something about the dental...

A slight heat came from the door. Billy, curious, went to open the door, contrary to the warnings of his more experienced colleagues.

"GAAAAAAAAUGH!!!"

A fellow soldier yanked Billy away from the door. The metal doors began to heat as heat and light from the maser seeped into the room. Shielding their eyes, the soldiers in the room debated opening the door further vs closing it. Billy being dragged away on a stretcher, the soldiers decided to sacrifice the garage doors; nobody wanted to charge into that maser beam. "Garage has been closed off sir!" one of the soldiers yelled into his comm. "No more tank deployment! We're switching to tripod machine guns!"

The helicopter, with its searchlight, sweeped the forest, looking for anything out of the ordinary. On the ground, the Humvees did the same with their headlights.

"Guuuh!!!" Rather than simply snapping his neck, Jen's head grab ended up causing the soldier to lose his balance and would have hit the ground hard on his back if his head wasn't being held (hey, snow is slippery).

The snipers proceeded to lie down and attempt to shoot at Persephone under the tank. The riflemen (four of them) and the grenadiers (two of them) advanced forward, ready to provide fire support. EDIT: when they saw Vivus, a storm of bullets and 40mm grenades launched towards him.

IC Tokiomi

"Everyone, get down!" Tokiomi whisper-yelled. Good thing they were in the forest, or they would have been immediately spotted. Loading a grenade, he kept still, gun trained on one of the Humvees. "They will eventually find us," he mused, "But if I shoot now, I'll give away our position. Do I want one Humvee now or two Humvees later?"

OOC gah, ninja'd hard. Will edit post to account for Vivus

Edited by Last Son Amakusa

"Khalid Nicephore du Saint-Just," he introduced. "The last new recruit we're picking up. Try not to get in a spitball fight with him. As you can see, he gets a little cutthroat."

-Tyler

IC

"More like cutcheek," Angela mumbled through a mouthful of pancake. "What kind of street trash can't even blow a man's brains out."

IC:

Lunar blinked, hir usual bad attitude slipping for once to reveal surprise. Ze had just been wandering around, looking for something valuable to pocket, when ze had stumbled upon a girl who was apparently attempting to remove the wheels from a chair.

"Nice." ze said, impressed.

Who else is in Team Sneaky Monkey?

OOC: Other than Jennifer, there's Krystal, Harken and Tokiomi

IC: Persephone could tell from glow around the garage that the doors were out of action. That should limit the armour they could send out, but if she didn't do something about what they'd already sent out they might still win the day. As if to prove that statement, the snipers started firing. Their weaponry, made to hit targets far away, were absolutely lethal up close, and several round hammered through even her outer suit.

She detached the grapnel and let the tank trundle away from her, leaping into the air as soon as she had a free route. As she took an aerial position, a few more missiles launched from her shoulders, aimed vaguely at the grenadiers and riflemen. She was trying to use the explosions to scatter them, blind them, deafen them, rather than just obliterate each one individually. Should take the pressure off Vivus and herself for a little bit. Now, the tanks. Between them, Striking Dragon had managed to cripple the movement of two, but those guns could still rotate, and still fire. But still best to focus on the ones that were moving, probably. Going back to plasmacasters, she pointed her hands at one of the ones attacking Vivus, unleashing a storm of fire at it. if she couldn't burn through the thing outright then she could at least make it hot enough to force the people inside to evacuate

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: For some time now, Nero had been bothered by a rather familiar scent. It wasn't that he couldn't place the scent, no, Nero was not particularly capable of forgetting the scent of one who was a part of, well, his pack, as it was. The pack (or however Aldrich had chosen to refer to it) was not very large, so Nero was not like to mix said scent up with something else. No, Nero knew John's scent well enough. Both of them, actually, but it was the alternate John who he was concerned with it the moment. What bothered him was twofold.

One, there was something distinctly off about his scent. Something missing.

And two, it was not supposed to be so near.

John had made himself persona non grata rather quickly, though there had not been much explanation as to how or why. Not that it mattered. The point was there was some sort of betrayal that had made those of his universe rather against him. And Nero did not know that John well enough to question it too much. The idea that he was likely somewhere in the mansion did not seem to bode well as far was Nero was concerned. And then Nero heard a rather mighty crash.

Eyes narrowed, Nero began wheeling in the direction of the mansion's entrance.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

A half turn of the wrench, and the last wheel on the chair came loose, falling to the floor from the chair that Jesika held slightly tilted to the side. She grinned at her accomplishment, slowly lowering the now-stationary chair to the floor, before standing up to find a convenient place to stash the no detached wheels.

A voice suddenly sounded behind her, and Jesika gave an involuntary yelp of surprise as she whipped around towards the source, her electric eyes fixing themselves on the black-haired teen. Jesika paused for a moment, before grinning and placing a finger one her lips.

"Ssssssh."'

Turning back to her work, Jesika dumped the wheels to the chair into an open drawer, before stepping towards the door. She motioned for Lunar to do the same.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

Her now bright yellow eyes glinted behind her glasses as her target yelled out in pain loosing his balance. It was as quiet or efficient as she'd wanted but it would get the job done. She let go of his head with one hand at the same time activating her secondary power. The hand holding his head or neck suddenly began to heat up quickly. The heat would cause the soldier pain and probably sear him, further distracting him.

She quickly un-holstered her silenced desert eagle and pushed it against the Hydra soldier's back before firing three rounds point blank range at him.

OOC: I feel that since Team Sneaky monkey is largely unactive maybe we should just merge the two teams together and have them raid the base as one.

IC:

Alaric and Lynae finished off their tarts and put their heads together for a minute, deciding that since they'd already gotten their hair done and assorted wardrobes sorted out, they could find just as many "productive" things to do at the Mansion. When they had paid the waiter and tipped (a hundred dollars, courtesy of Ric, who clearly had never put any actual effort into figuring out what to tip people in his life) he held out a hand to Lynae.

"Want to take the scenic route back to the parking lot?" he asked, beaming and tilting his head down, off the edge of the terrace.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Lynae

She smiled and nodded as she took his hand in hers. "I think I would enjoy that." The vampire replied as he let her lead her down to the gardens, walking on the pathway to the parking lot.

"Maybe we should watch a movie at home..." She mused.

IC (Romulus)

Romulus had seen warfare evolve and change over thousands upon thousands of years, he had seen warriors beat at each other with stone clubs, obsidian blades, he had seen sorcerers spill the blood of prisoners, slaves and, in some cases, from their own hands, to summon up biting, clawing creatures that defied description, he had seen men fire liquid fire from the walls of a falling city, charring countless hundreds of their enemies, only to fall to their curved blades. He had seen soldiers hurl themselves over the top of battered trenches only to be cut down by machine gun fire, he had seen the ancestors of these same soldiers line up in neat lines and present themselves, in all their finery, to bristling arrays of muskets and silvered bayonets.

Yet, for all this, he did not think he would ever get used to what modern artillery could do to a man. The nations and powers of this day and age killed from unimaginable distances, with hurled missiles replacing the sword and shield. The Brothers of the Yellow Sign knew no fear, having delved so very deep into the teachings of their god that Romulus could not quite believe they even felt human emotions. There was only the King in Yellow, the Monarch in Rags and Tatters in them. Their obscene, twisted nature made them formidable warriors when fought with spear, arrow and shield. He remembered, distantly, seeing one of their yellow-clad priests flay man alive with a word during the days of Iskander, Leonidas and Cyrus.

As yet another flight of missiles and artillery shells crashed into Brother’s fortifications, tearing men and beast asunder in a storm of fire and molten metal, he noted that that advantage had all but vanished when confronted with the new king of the modern battlefield. He turned to one of his Centurions as the Legions artillery attack began in earnest. “I should think a few more days of bombardment will weaken then sufficiently. I trust our friends in the House of Saud have made good on their promise?”

The centurion, Theodora, nodded. “We have all the fuel we’ll need for an armored push. I’ve got the report from scouts, they’ve focused most of their strength on penning us in, as you believed. They’ve also picked up on their…collection operations…seem determined to make the streets of every city run with blood. It’s ritualistic, of that the scouts have little doubt.”

Romulus nodded to himself, feeling the pieces fall into place. “Our invasion forced them to up their time table then.” The implications of this chilled him for a moment, if there anything at all to the beliefs of their cult, whatever ritual they were attempting could have dire consequences. “We’ll have to do the same. We push for the capital the moment we’ve broken through.” It was a risky move, he would have liked to have time to secured all the land he covered, but that wasn’t an option anymore.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

"Jesika," Said girl replied cheefully, stepping towards the door. She looked out of the single window with one eye, putting her head close to try and see if anyone was coming down the hall. As far as she could tell, it was clear. Ever so slowly, she turned the handle, and pushed the door open just enough for her to get out with her side, before sliding out from the room. She held it open for Lunar after she had got out, motioning with her free hand.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC Peter

The teacher, having obtained his dose of coffee for the next several hours, started heading back to his room. Once he turned the halfway, he noticed his of ice door slightly out of place and two figures walking down the hall. "Huh," he grunt4d, too tired to taker notice. Maybe when he had his coffee he'd be more alert. He turned to enter his room, taking big gulps of coffee.

OOC HYDRA post coming... later. Need to review my tactics.

IC: TLAW-001 Vivus

The android staggered once the hail of bullets and grenades came flying towards him, battering him until the android was quickly able to throw up several barriers, throwing them at the HYDRA troops. Staying on the ground wasn't looking very viable now, so Vivus made a jet boosted jump and took to the skies with his jetpack. Thankfully, Persephone assisted him by scattering the gunmen and grenadiers, so he was able to take to the skies with less pressure. Flying in evasive maneuvers, Vivus sent a combination of both barriers to distract and blasts to attack at the gunmen on the Humvees and tanks. Hopefully this would scatter them more, in addition to Persephone's efforts.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

IC: Marauder

He began to plant himself deeper into the snow. Upon hearing the chopper, he looked for it's light. He knew if they sent it out, the Team would be screwed. He aimed up and focused on the light beam shining down. Once the cross hairs where near the middle of the beam, he fired a bullet towards it.

He loaded a new mag into the rifle and focused on the Humvees once more. He shot at the two front tires of the vehicle to make it stop in its tracks.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

NPC HYDRA

Marauder's bullet hit the searchlight glass, turning off the primary searchlights. The pilot cursed and turned on the secondary lights. Now where near as powetful, but it would still get the job done. It fired a few bursts in the woods (where the pilot thought somebody would most likely be hiding) just for kicks.

The riflemen and grenadiers scattered at Persephone and Vivus's assault, but they quickly resumed position. Along with the snipers, they continued to fire on the robots, though some of them had sustained some injuries and weren't in optimal condition.

The tanks had been built to protect against heat, but the same couldn't be said for the unarmored space above it, so the gunner had to climb back into the tank. With the plasma flooding it, the tank Persephone was attacking was having trouble aiming. The second tank continued mostly forward, but the gunner was having a really bad day with the barriers amd blasts Vivus was throwing at him. They continued to fire the automated guns and the cannons at the robots.

One of the Humvees felt one of its tires go flat. It started to slow down, but the second Humvee blazed on ahead. Seeing as nobody was hiding out in the plains (as far as it could tell), it decided to inspect the woods. The two passengers prepared to get off.

The artillery crew was debating on whether or not to fire a salvo into the woods, but decided to put it on hold.

Jen's opponent died.

IC Reyson

"We're at a serious disadvantage here," Reyson thought to himself. Just two armored soldiers plus a sniper (which they had yet to locate) were making quick work of their armor. To add to the mess, the terrain was very suited to them, meaning that if this outside engagement drew on, it would end in the hostile's favor. "... Don't send anything else out. The terrain out there is horrible for our units. We can sacrifice a little ground for better positions." Clicking the intercom, he announced "All infantry units maintain regular schedule. Machine gunners, to your posts; fire at hostiles outside. Vehicles, see if you can fit in the hallways. If not, hold garage."

IC:

"I could make some popcorn, pour some drinks, pop in Love Actually," he suggested with a wry grin. "Are you a cuddler?"

She blushed slightly before composing herself once more. "If you're asking me to cuddle with you, Ric... Then I might be interested."

"Someone's playing coy. Fine. I might be asking, then." He wrapped his arm around the headrest of his driver's seat and started the car, steering with one hand and pulling back into the congested noon traffic of New York City. It was slow going all the way through to the Upper East Side, but Ric hadn't had anyone so easy to talk to since Rebekah Fell had first stumbled into the Xavier Institute. When the Ferrari finally pulled into the parking garage by the Hellfire Club he felt almost surprised that they had crossed so much distance in so little time - until he looked at the clock on his phone and saw that fifty minutes had gone by. He flicked his eyebrows and then held out a hand for Lynae to take when they stepped out of the car. The two crossed the ground floor of the garage and ducked into one of the business entrances at the mansion, high and proud, with tables for Club members to sit at and enjoy one of the televisions, or the view. Lacey Marko was there, drinking coffee, and tapped her phone twice when she turned back and saw them, but he smiled at his secretary and gave a cursory nod before ducking into one of the elevators with the Black Queen.

It dinged when they reached his floor, and while she went and settled down he threw a bag of popcorn each into two microwaves, broke out some massive bowls, and pointed languidly with his kitchen remote at the television. "Do you take extra butter? I worked for, like, three months as an usher when I was in California. I'm very skilled. I only got fired because I flirted with the general manager."

"Were you that bad?"

"No, of course not," he laughed. "That wasn't quite what her husband wanted to hear, though."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Lynae

"See that's where you made your mistake." She said as she gracefully walked across the room, stopping in front of him. "You should've flirted with him too and kept the job." The vampire said with a teasing wink.