BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

My frown grew deeper and my eyes grew as icy as the Koro around me when the Vortixx patted me on the cheek. No doubt she meant to seem seductive or friendly or something like that, but it was a somewhat insulting gesture. Of course, I'm fairly certain she knew that as well. "If I was to begin swinging my axe more, I might first aim for that hand of yours," I growled, before rolling my eyes. A single glance showed me where Eisen was starting his methodical destruction of the Koro's life, while Echelon and those around him doing I-didn't-truly-know-what.

"What's your name?" I asked my newly-gained Vortixx companion, who I imagine was suddenly going to become my shadow for this fight, as I hefted my axe higher and scanned the battlefield for any new Matoran, Toa, or others who were dead-set on defending their Koro. I figured that it was likely that I would end up taking a relatively defensive role, guarding the entrance to the Sanctum and some few of my companions, although it was easily possible that I would be allowed into the Koro to demonstrate my skills.

Though a siege, myself and my allies in the Sanctum, defending it from the Ko-Koronans who until now had been those who would be put under siege, not having to put others under siege, would be rather interesting...almost as interesting as the effects of hot oil upon a Toa's body. More interesting, however, was the small phial I carried within the breast pocket of my robe. Though that wouldn't be used unless things either looked too dire for my allies and I to succeed, or until we had already succeeded.

Now however, I was battling, not contemplating forever altering my body with no chance of returning to where I was before. I spotted one Toa who was quite far enough away that I couldn't hit him unless I was to relinquish one of my weapons, which I had no intention of doing. "Also, my little Vortixx friend, do you have any easy way of taking care of that guard a few blocks away?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Derlath

Two figures, cloaks billowing in the wind, struggled up Mount Ihu. They had travelled from Le-Wahi, and were making their way to the secluded village of Ihu-Koro, unknowingly safe from the current storm of blades descending on Ko-Koro.

They crested a small rise and looked ahead. In the distance, a plume of smoke rose into the sky, obscured by the snow driving into the travellers' eyes.

Closing the distance, they could make out more features of Ihu-Koro, for that was what it was. The smoke came from a smeltery, situated near what looked like mines dug into the mountain side where the village was nestled in.

There were few huts, and the most noticeable was the main square where a huge tree grew despite the climate.

The travellers skirted around a fissure in the ground outside the village and entered it.

"So here we are," Derlath said.

IC: Tivanu

Tivanu was about to say something when from the distance came a loud boom, almost as if an explosion occurred, and with the usual silence that Ko-koro seemed to have any such noise was usually unheard of, no pun intended. So when that boom came Tivanu was to his feet immediatly

"I would love to take part in a walk, and hopefully we can discover what that sound was."

OOC: Why a mugging sounds good, as long as there is a chance to fight?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

OOC: Jam with Kughii yay! This is a flashback. Well, most of it.

IC: Arabeth Seryon

Arabeth ran through the streets of Ko-Koro. A sudden attack had thrown the village into chaos, and the Guard were having a hard time fighting back.

As she ran to the citadel with the explosions,,she thought back to Ishi's words to her before he left to do his part of the plan...

---

The mercenaries dispersed to their locations, Ilofarn's dark back disappearing into the haze of softly falling snowflakes, Ferrum closing the strange door to The Company's lair. Ishi unfolded his borrowed umbrella, the red rice paper popping up like a mushroom top over his head. He watched Dervish saunter off, backpack full of provided survival supplies slung over a shoulder. The informant scratched the back of his mask, experiencing a moment of concern for the woman he'd helped get a career in killing. Something stopped him from turning towards Ko-Koro immediately. Guilt, perhaps, for the future. Ishi trotted after her.

"Wait up." Ishi paused to catch his breath. "You know, His plan isn't going to work..."

The Vo-Toa did not answer just yet. She stared off into the distance, the soft snow falling around her.

Arabeth sighed, breath misting up.

"I know. It's a long shot, but..."

Arabeth turned to Ishi. She always found it annoying that Ishi was tall enough to be almost her height.

"I'm a mercenary. I beat people up, others pay me. This really isn't all that different."

But she knew it was. This all felt... Wrong. Almost as if it were destined for failure.

"It's more than a long shot: it's suicide. You know full well what'll happen if you attempt to control that much electricity at once, at the very least unconsciousness. Out here? Alone and in the cold? You'll be rahi bones." There was a pause in the conversation, silent but for the crunch of snow as Ishi shifted weight on his feet and with a hint of his shoulder and chin gestured for Dervish to follow as he continued walking. He reached into his pocket and struck a cigarette swiped from the desk of Dr. Riaril. When the informant spoke again it was with a solemn expression.

"I know what you're thinking, Dervish: a job is a job. Why shouldn't one paying so well ask as much? I like how much you apply yourself to a job, but remember Xa-Koro when life was really, and I mean really, rough? If we pull this off all of Mata-Nui's gonna' be like that ###### hole. Somehow you've kept your conscience and life throughout all that mess, but how many can boast the same? Don't go throwing your future away on a fool's errand. This plan is screwed, you're screwed, and everyone involved is screwed unless something is done to shift the outcome... do you trust me?"

"I've never heard you get upset over a job before," Arabeth grinned a little. It disappeared just as quickly.

"But if you're going to say something like that... Do you have something in mind?"

"You've never worked a job with me before. You've either been asking for information or I was providing the hit," Ishi retorted dryly after a puff from the cigarette. "And yes, I got a few ideas. When do I not? But you didn't answer my question. Do you trust me?"

The informant looked at Dervish out of the corner of his eye. If things turned sour he wasn't sure the whirling blade banshee could be taken down without arousing the suspicion of the departed mercenaries like Ilofarn. Sounds louder than a whisper tended to be carried on the wind in Ko-Wahi.

Trust. Such a loaded word.

"Enough that I'm listening to what you have in mind," Arabeth finally said.

He paused and gave her a soft look. "I guess that's all I can really ask for. We'll need to work together, but for now follow Alloy's directions. Give me a week and a half, and if I don't come for you start making your way to Ko-Koro. I know it's in lock-down, but let's meet up at the Nuju-Marion Academy, pretty easy to spot and outside the gates. When we reconnect my hope is to have a plan in the making that's not going to involve us being martyrs, and maybe even get us something more out of this mess."

"Hey, give me a break," Ishi said with a playful smile despite the serious topic. He punched Dervish lightly in the shoulder. "Hapaka when he gets the scent doesn't stop until he's found where it comes from. I've got a strong scent on this one. Just act normal, follow Alloy's orders until I contact you or we meet at the library, and everything'll roll out fine. I promise, Arabeth."

With her true name whispered and dying in the air the informant turned away and left for Ko-Koro, a tune on his lips, the cigarette forgotten in the snow.

Arabeth snorted as she turned back. Way to go for being the drama king. Waste of a cigarette, too.

---

She skidded to a stop as she spotted a huge Toa striding almost theatrically through the streets. The body of a dead Matoran lay nearby. Curses, what do I do? Fight? I owe no allegiance to Ko-Koro. Unless he attacks, in which case- He turned and spotted her. Oh snap.

Arabeth caught her breath near a junction. What was she to do now?

OOC: Krayzikk that would be Eisen. He doesn't have to fight her, but you know...haha disregard that I suck

Edited by Norik Of Celtania
  • Upvote 2

IC Onoraza

(Ko-Koro):

Onoraza had never been this happy.

She had not been expecting the attack on the Koro at all, but she knew immediately which side to take.

The Matoran must fall, she thought savagely. I don't care who wins as long as the Matoran lose.

With that, Onoraza sprung into action, primarily targeting Matoran and any Toa who would try and protect them.

OOC: I'm a bit confused as to who is involved in the fight, so if you have a Matoran or Toa on the side of good, you can make Onoraza attack them.

OoC: Wait for me guys!

IC: Dahkapa

Dahkapa had ran through the underground passage to Ko-Koro, and arrived to a whole new world.

A surreal world of chaos.

There were people everywhere, many of them matoran who weren't sure where they should go, and guardsmen of the Sanctum Guard running around, some of them ordering the civilians to get out of here. Dahkapa ran towards the nearest guard, and asked him "What in the name of Mata Nui has happened here?"

The guardsman looked at him for a moment and said with a desperate tone "The Citadel has collapsed. There was an explosion. That is all I know."

"Is the Koro under attack?" he asked, trying to sound as calm as possible.

"I do not know. It might have been a terrorist attack, but some officers are shouting that the main gate and the Sanctum are under attack. I really don't know. I just follow orders."

"Where is the nearest officer, then?"

" Right there", the matoran soldier said while pointing at a guardsman nearby.

Dahkapa thanked the soldier and walked to the guard. He was relieved to recognize a familiar face. "Captain Jaa! It's good to see you again!" he said.

Jaatava, who was simply called Jaa by most people, turned to look at him and tried to smile, but he was clearly stressed. "Greetings Dahkapa. I don't really have time right now. What do you want?"

"I can accompany your troops. Are you assembling to march somewhere?" he asked when he noticed that about two dozen Sanctum Guard were forming up nearby.

"Yes. From what I've heard, the bridge to the Sanctum has collapsed, and the main gate is under attack. I am taking this company to the gate, while Captain Kallio will lead his men to find a way into the Sanctum."

Jaatava looked at him for a moment, and then said "I would gladly have your help. It's good to have a Toa by your side". He smiled again.

"Then what are we waiting for? Destiny awaits!" Dahkapa said and patted his shoulder. They were old friends.

A horn was blown, and the Fourth Sanctum Company marched to defend the gate.

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

OOC: Mind interaction, Daniel?

Also, Captain Kallio, eh? ;)

IC Onoraza

(Ko-Koro):

Onoraza spotted a group of Sanctum guards and advanced. She was determined to have her revenge on Matoran, and these would make a good start.

The problem was, there was a Toa of Ice with them.

No problem.

Even as Onoraza charged at the Matoran, shouting in rage, she used her sophoric vision at the Toa to make him feel increasingly tired.

OoC: Hehe, I got a bit lazy with the names. Also, captain Jaa=Jää ;)

The company halted as an ugly Skakdi charged straight at them, screaming with hatred. This had to be one of the attackers, he thought. Suddenly Dahkapa felt very tired. He considered how to react for a moment, before drawing his loaded crossbow. As the Skakdi attacked, Jaatava barked an order to the Guard to form a spearwall. They responded quickly, and a wall of spears and shields was formed at the front of the formation.

As Skakdi was a mere metre away from the spears, Dahkapa shot his crossbow, the bolt flying towards Skakdi's chest...

OoC: Dahkapa hasn't noticed that the Santum Guards are severly weakened by Skakdi's vision.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

OOC: Jaa is a canon character though, right? One of the MNOG II Matoran.

IC Onoraza

(Ko-Koro):

Onoraza's hatred towards Matoran blinded her judgment. Even as the Ko-Matoran formed a defense against her, the Toa of Ice shot a bolt from his crossbow at her chest.

There was no strategy behind Onoraza's actions. In rage, she knocked the bolt off its course with her heavy, almost club-like Granite Sword. She did stop, however, and took aim with her Zamor launcher. She launched a sphere at one of the Matoran. She knew well that the binding power of the sphere would be enough to constrict a Matoran, but only temporarily hinder a Toa's movement.

IC (Jin)

"Jin," I said, crossing my arms. "You might've heard of me, but if not, I'm on your team.  And do I look like I've got a gun? Ask your Skakdi friend; he's loaded."

A horn sounded; I looked up to see a company of guards a ways off, already engaging a couple kids. Time to move?

"So, is this efficiency time, or demoralizing time?"

OoC: Oh, right! He was one of the guards! There were some others with finnish names, I can't remember them exactly :/

The attacker stopped and blocked the bolt with a surprisingly quick swing. Knocking a bolt mid-flight was impressive, but also intimidating. Then the Skakdi raised a weapon of some sort, and shot a green, glowing ball. One of the matoran was hit by it, and was immediately unable to move. However, Dahkapa didn't feel as tired when the Skakdi no longer looked at him. Skakdi's vision made others tired.. Then he realized, that the matoran were in danger, and his fears were confirmed when some of the matoran fell on their knees as they were too tired to stand. This could turn out horribly, he thought.

Dahkapa drew his war hammer and strapped his large, round shield on his left arm as the Skakdi fought the guardsmen..

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

OOC: There were at least Kylma, Jaatikko, Lumi and Arktinen :P

Also, the Zamor works so that it unleashes vines that bind the target, so they can be ripped off by beings stronger than Matoran.

IC Onoraza

(Ko-Koro):

Onoraza took delight in the sight of Matoran dropping like flies under her sophoric vision. She enjoyed it so much that she ignored the Toa, instead concentrating on the suffering of the Matoran. It was time to begin the massacre. She lifted her sword, ready to smash the first Matoran into pieces.

He ran quickly, coming up with a plan. As he ran towards the brute, he concentrated for a moment. Blocks of ice formed on Skakdi's eyes and the zamor launcher. This ice was not transparent becsuse of millions of air bubbles trapped inside as the Toa channeled his energy to compress the humidity in the air into water and then into ice. Of course, Dahkapa knew nothing of this process.

While the Skakdi was blinded temporarily, he attacked and swung his war hammer towards Skakdi's head, intending to stun him. The guards around him stood up, readied their spears and swords and charged.

OoC: The text color is not working for me. Expect these posts to turn turquoise-colored when I get back home and can use my computer.

Edit: Color fixed :)

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC Onoraza

(Ko-Koro):

Onoraza was not prepared for being suddenly blinded by ice. If anything, she might have expected an icy blast in her side, or being frozen within an icy cube. The ice particles in her eyes had been an unexpecte maneuver, and devious. Even as Onoraza began planning her next action, she felt the shock of a warhammer hitting her in the head. The impact was like nothing she had ever experienced before. At first there was nothing but pure shock as she flew several meters from the Toa of Ice and the Ko-Matoran. Then came the immense pain as she collapsed on the ground.

It was reasonable to think Onoraza would be out of the fight now. Surely no being could still stand after such a blow? To the disappointment of Dahkapa and the guards, however, Onoraza stood up, albeit stumbling and somewhat dazed. She was hurt... and very angry. She looked at her enemies with contempt in her eyes.

"And here I thought Toa were supposed to be all honorable and fair", she said with a voice almost toxic with hatred. "What happened to that stupid code of yours? Did you finally throw it in the trash bin where it belongs?"

Dahkapa realized, that he might have broken the Code like the Skakdi said. Was he being dishonourable? He wasn't certain. Blinding an opponent by using elemental powers.. The Code wasn't that specific about what exactly was considered dishonourable.

It was strange and amusing, however, than a Skakdi knew more about the Toa Code than many Toa did.

As the guards approached her, Dahkapa told them to stop. "I shall fight against her alone" he said. The guards looked confused for a moment, but didn't move towards the Skakdi anymore.

He preapared his shield and hammer and moved closer to the ambusher.
"No, but I still have much to learn about the Code", he answered her question. "I have much to learn about being a Toa."

Jaatava ordered his company to move. They had already wasted enough time. He cut the vines that had entangled one of his men with his sword, and glanced at his friend, who had turned into a Toa not too long ago.

He'll be fine, Jaatava assured himself.

OoC: I haven't played MNOG 2 in ages. Apparently Jaa was a scholar, not a guard. Oh well, think of him as a scribe who later joined the military and was promoted to a captain.

EDIT: Jaa is an excisting character in BZPRPG as well, so Captain Jaa is now called Jaatava, to avoid confusion.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC (Kohra):

As the tower fell, the guards had looked on with wide eyes, until they had realized what was happening and sprung into action, against Karnakie's advice. When Rorg responded with lethal force, Kohra followed suit. While the cloak she had pulled off still fell, bloated in the wind, her right reached behind her back and grabbed her crossbow. Within a second the weapon unfolded around her lower arm and she took aim, firing at the Sanctum Guards in the immediate vicinity. Matoran bodies fell to the floor, lifeless after being pierced by her weapon's energy-bolts.

Once the first responders had been dispatched, she spotted Karnakie talking with another Vortixx.

"So, is this efficiency time, or demoralizing time?"

Kohra stepped up behind Jin.

"Can't you do both?" 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

OOC: Daniel, Jaa already exists in the BZPRPG. He's a scribe, not a guardsman, and worked as the late Matoro's secretary/advisor. Just so you know ;)

And to clarify to everyone else, Echelon and the Nightfall are not walking through the streets, they are outside the Citadel/Sanctum.

IC (Echelon)

The guards stationed outside the Citadel's entrance had all now fled, died or been incapacitated. Echelon began to stride towards the now-unguarded doors, but paused as he noticed Karnakie begin conversing with a trio of beings. Two were Vortixx, but the third—

Pae.

This was an unexpected variable. It would be wise to ascertain the traitor's intentions, so long as the delay was kept short. It would not do to let the Guard's reinforcements reach them before they were inside the Sanctum.

The Dark Toa approached Karnakie and his new-found allies.

"'On our team'?" he addressed the more talkative of the Vortixx. "An interesting claim. Be wary of involving yourself with forces you do not understand."

His gaze moved to Pae, wasp-like.

"And what are you doing here?"

Edited by Twelfth Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Revekk (Citadel)

With sweaty hands, breath rapid, I finally wrested myself loose from the Kofo-Jaga's grip, slashing away at its tail to see it lop off like a diseased limb. The Rahi screamed, and finally backed away.

Sliding down the cave wall, I refused to cringe at the pain running up my leg, refused to fall over completely, it was only to wait until the Captain showed up and I could get patched up and I’d be good to go.

When the Ussalry Captain arrived, he stood for a moment and looked with a furrowed brow at the devastation before him; the remains of three Kofo-Jaga, bloody trails and the wounded Lesterin leaning against the cave wall, looking at him almost expectantly.

"By the Spirits, Kid," he said, " just what are you trying to prove by going all out like that?"

"That I know who I am"

My eyes flashed open, and the cold sensation from below told me where I was; the Sanctum. I still preferred to call it that, because it sounded more apt for the identity of the place, as far as I was regarded.

The Sanctum was quiet, as usual. Around me, scholars and seekers were painstakingly reading the wall of prophecies, seeking answers to the questions posed by the ancient myths.

I was also looking for answers, alas, I had never found anyone here. The Sanctum was a place I went to to think, somewhere removed from the rest of the world, somewhere I could leave my problems at the door and just be me.

In the ice, a face wearing a Kanohi Hau, the symbol of Mata Nui, scowled back at me. Why, exactly, the Great Spirit would bother me was beyond my comprehension, he certainly hadn't been around before.

I sighed and removed my mask, letting it clutter to the floor as I took a deep breath.

And then the explosion came.

Almost in a single motion, I was back on my feet, wearing my mask again and my weapon about to be drawn. I heard the creaking and crashing outside, heard the people screaming, with a sense of terror and dread unheard since the Dark Time.

Someone was attacking the City, and of course they were striking at its heart.

"I came here looking for peace, and instead I found more war" I thought, snorting at the cruel irony as I ran towards the commotion outside in company with a few members of the Sanctum Guard.

• Upvote 5

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Zomma Caruchi

Most of the time I ain't this unlucky, yaknow? All this serious usually rolls off me back like water off a Dermis Turtle. Can't remember how many times I've gotten the outta dodge successfully, but looks like I've run outta luck this time. The tower's gone down, there's somebody attacking the village, and I'm stuck in this hole in the ... , I don't even know where the I am.

I attempt to wiggle out. How the I rolled down that bit of rubble and into here I'll never know.

my life. Honestly.

IC Onoraza

(Ko-Koro):

Onoraza laughed. This Toa was likely a novice, which meant he would sacrifice strategy and wisdom for getting a chance to achieve a glorious victory. That's what specifically new Toa were after.

"Playing a hero, eh? If you had just killed me with that blow, what would be in your mind now, I wonder. Regret? No, I think you would have loved it. Admit it, you can't beat me by following the code, you overgrown Matoran."

With that, Onoraza picked up his Granite Sword from the snow and once again used his sophoric vision. With only one opponent to fight, it would be easier to keep him weak.

"You made a mistake when you decided to take me on your own. First I will kill you, then I'll rip the heads off each Matoran in this village. And before their deaths, each Matoran will know that they're dying because you failed due to your silly 'code'."

He said nothing. Dahkapa just observed the Skakdi, her body armour, her crude stone weapon and her sphere launcher. She was draining his strength, he could feel it, but he was a Toa. Dahkapa stood silently, closed his eyes and created a tall, wide, opaque and thin wall of ice between them.

Her vision no longer affected him, and he took a step back and waited. Creating the wall had made him very tired, but he was a Toa. He wouldn't give up.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC Onoraza

(Ko-Koro):

The ice wall angered Onoraza, but was not an obstacle for her. With a swipe of her blade, the wall crumbled into pieces. Onoraza aimed and fired her Zamor launcher at Dahkapa, attempting to bind him. It would not be able to hold him, but would give some time for Onoraza to press the attack if it succeeded.

OOC: Daniel, Jaa already exists in the BZPRPG. He's a scribe, not a guardsman, and worked as the late Matoro's secretary/advisor. Just so you know ;)

And to clarify to everyone else, Echelon and the Nightfall are not walking through the streets, they are outside the Citadel/Sanctum.

IC (Echelon)

The guards stationed outside the Citadel's entrance had all now fled, died or been incapacitated. Echelon began to stride towards the now-unguarded doors, but paused as he noticed Karnakie begin conversing with a trio of beings. Two were Vortixx, but the third—

Pae.

This was an unexpected variable. It would be wise to ascertain the traitor's intentions, so long as the delay was kept short. It would not do to let the Guard's reinforcements reach them before they were inside the Sanctum.

The Dark Toa approached Karnakie and his new-found allies.

"'On our team'?" he addressed the more talkative of the Vortixx. "An interesting claim. Be wary of involving yourself with forces you do not understand."

His gaze moved to Pae, wasp-like.

"And what are you doing here?"

IC: Pae

"Similar goals," Pae said simply. He wondered for a moment if this risk would pay or work against them. "Unless you'd rather add to those who oppose you." He finished with a look to the guard now almost mobilized, "Choose."

Edited by Palm

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

As soon as the ice started to break, Dahkapa activated his Kanohi Hau and formed a green energy shield around him. He then charged towards the Skakdi, ready to strike. She managed to shoot a green sphere that exploded into vines, but they were pushed away by the shield. Adrenaline was rushing through his bionic veins as he tried to slam into the Skakdi with his shield..

OoC: The temporary energy shield of the Kanohi will deactivate shortly, don't worry about it too much.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

The Skakdi leaped away from him, and he deactivated his Hau shield. He turned slightly and after taking a step closer, quickly tried to strike with his hammer at her back..

OoC: Does she need to reload her Zamor launcher everytime or does it hold multiple spheres (a la Toa Inika style)?

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

OOC: Ham powers activate...

IC: (Larikon Torchbearer/Ko-Koro Outskirts)

The rest of the Brotherhood had no clue what was going on, even within their own Sanctum. Hidden from view, the Grandmaster and his Steward spoke with a necromancer, one bestowed with magicks beyond their own. Echleon was a cold figure, whose very figure made Larikon nervous. He had entered Blackrock quietly, and bespoke to them terms. They, The Grandmaster learned, were armed with weapons far superior to their own, with numbers to back them. They would be able to swoop upon Blackrock like a hawk, and destroy them all. His Brotherhood would be destroyed then, not by the Ussalry, but by Makuta's followers. That was, unless they allied with the Necromancer's 'Legacy', and their Skakdi allies.

It was not like they had considered it beforehand. Jorruk, with his spies in Ostia and Forsi, had uncovered rumors of Echelon, whispers in the backs of taverns, said by drunken guards. He had tried to convince Larikon of it, to preserve the group, by fighting alongside the lesser heathens. Makuta, he reminded Larikon, was mentioned not in the Book of Life. The Dark God was but only vilified because of degrees by the ancient Grandmasters. To ally with his followers, the Brotherhood could purge the followers of the False God, the defiler, from the shores of the land that bore unto it his name. They could convert prisoners, expand, and possibly become more powerful than they had ever been. Stronger than even the times of Makron. 

Though it was mostly fear that drove him to the decision, it was not wholly fear of the Legacy. Through dreams, he had been tortured. Night upon night, visions of him, alone in the ashes of Blackrock, filled his mind. The tall, winged being that was his god lingered above him, with his cold, unfathomable face staring upon his decayed form. In a tongue filled with hate and fury, Ak'rei'an himself cast his rage unto his earthly Grandmaster. For not compromising, for letting his knowledge, his will die on the earth he wished to free. For letting the forces of the enemy, of Mata Nui win, for Larikon, in deed, doing crime after crime against his god. He showed Larikon a pit, a pit of filth, a pit of agony, where those who betrayed the will of the Archangel were sent to suffer. Larikon would be sent to the hellslime, Ak'rei'an, in his dream told him, unless he saved the Brotherhood, by any means. The dreams, night after night, ended with the pathetic form of the Grandmaster begging upon Ak'rei'an's feet.

Little by little, his compromised mind began to view the dreams as revelations. But revelations to be kept secret, lest he be decried a heretic. He grew ever more convinced by Jorruk, into thinking that the Makuta's vengeful servants would be the Brotherhood's allies. That they would allow the Brotherhood an opportunity to survive. But it was Echelon who came to him first. It was the fear of Ak'rei'an that drove him to the decision. Not, as Echelon likely thought, fear of him. He accepted the ultimatum. The Brotherhood would remain a full-fledged ally, and its faith would remain untouched. That, at the least, helped the other Brothers accept the deal. As the necromancer left, he could not help but feel a bit of apprehension, but realized the light of Ak'rei'an would shine upon him again.

Part of the Brotherhood remained in Blackrock, to evacuate the fortress' contents to Mangaia. Their role was a needed one. Jorruk was there, managing the flight. But here, in Ko-Wahi, he had with him some of his most devoted soldiers, his great Ash Bear mount, and all the repressed zeal they carried with them. Too long had they been stifled in Blackrock, cowering like rats. Here, on the cusp of one of the great heathen cities, Larikon felt like he was in a dream. Upon the snow-capped hill, he gazed below at the walls of Ko-Koro. In it was riches, and most importantly, heathens to be converted. They were finally at the point, the point at which they would begin their crusade and destroy the followers of Mata Nui. As the freezing wind hit his face, Larikon could not help but smile. Raising forth Heathenbane he began his speech.

"Here, my Brothers, my Sisters, we sit upon the walls of Ko-Koro. Through the will of Ak'rei'an, we shall strike with our allies to spread our will to the heathens! We shall destroy the symbols of their decadence and their heresy, and purge it of all traces of their false god! We shall be the blade that plunges unto their hearts, unstoppable, driven the zeal of righteousness! They will decry us as savages, as monsters, but who are they to say? They who cast Ak'rei'an from our world, those who fan the flame of death and suffering! This is the beginning of the end of them! Today is the day we take this land, and purge it of their filth! Today is the day all shall know of us! All shall fear us!

They shall rue the day they burned Blackrock, rue the day they killed our first Grandmaster, rue the day they cast our forebearers from the halls of heaven! May they record in their books that the Brotherhood of Ak'rei'an did NOT PERISH IN THE FIRE. That they instead emerged from death in the holy fury of vengeance! May they fear the corpse that emerged from death! So march, my Brotherhood, bring terror unto the hearts of the heathenry, make their wives weep upon their graves! I but ask each of you to scream the name of the Archangel! Let them know it, and let them learn it will mean their doom! Inspire terror in the hearts of the heathen, and you shall be rewarded!

Now forth, bring an end to them, their city, their civilization! FORTHWITH BROTHERS! BRING THE WRATH OF AK'REI'AN! KILL OR CONVERT! KILL OR CONVERT"

Riding Lutrez, Larikon descended the hill. The cold air entered his greathelm, made him feel alive. The adrenaline pumped into his veins, a bloodlust consumed his mind. The black cloth of his surcoat flew behind him, as his mount came towards the walls. Bells and horns filled the city with sound as he heard the echoes of them, the sound of rats trying to defend themselves from cats. As Lutrez padded upon snow towards the walls, he saw the heathen rats run from him. It came to him that they would threaten him not, that they lived in fear of him. It felt exhilarating, bringing the blade of Ak'rei'an to arms. Petting Lutrez behind the bears ear, he coaxed the bear to roar, a great, deep roar that would send fear to the hearts of the unbelieving.

Sighting a pair of guardsmen, Larikon saw that they were frozen in momentary terror. He met his covered eyes with the youngest guard, who replied with a look of utmost fear. The fear that stemmed of knowledge, of course, of his coming doom. Having Lutrez surge forward, the guard's spears were deflected the Bear's steel armor. Bringing Heathenbane down upon the veteran guard, his blade was deflected. But consumed by fury, Larikon lashed out again and again, before dealing the mortal blow. It felt good, feeding his blade the blood of the unbelieving. So long had it starved. His bear dealt with the younger guard, as Larikon watched. At this time, the other Brothers followed. They would assail the gate, bring it to ruin, and surge in to purge the city of its filth. A pair of his men lured Ussal-carts down the snow-banks, carts loaded to the brim with barrels. Barrels of photothermic powder, acquired months before to defile the sanctuary of Mata Nui. Now, it was to destroy the front gates of Mata Nui.

The rats above tried to fight back, sending arrows and projectiles hurling towards them. How they would be punished for their cowardice.

OOC: Edited for errors.

Edited by Mr. House
  • Upvote 4
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

OOC bringing back one of my old characters...

IC Londar

It had been a long time.

Londar thought back to when he had last graced this region. That time, with that idiot Ta-Toa... Londar reminisced on the mistakes he had made in those days, going through what could be called a mental self flagellation, cursing his youth and his foolishness. But there was only so much time to reflect in the past...

It had been a good thing that he had bought a spear when he had arrived in Ko-Koro, for he would soon be needing it. An explosion had been set off in the Sanctum, and strange, hostile beings had been sighted. It would seem that his current contractor would have to wait for this to blow over. Spear in hand, he carefully walked the streets of the now panicked village. One could not tell if he was trying to avoid trouble or if he was looking for it...

OOC open for interaction, hopefully a battle partner. We need more good guys!

Edited by namcurtsnoC

OOC:  We need more good guys.*pops knuckles*

IC: The Man, the Citadel

Some consider me to be a harbinger of justice, others a man of the law with a way of getting those who would test its boundaries.  Craven beware, for I carry with me the badge of the Sanctum Guard, and with it all the privileges it bestows.  In my fist is the power of gravity, and in my heart is the power of order.  My family has for generations protected the harsh and inhospitable snow-lands of Ko-Wahi.  Snowshoe Lord we have been called, and it is no surprise for our lives are spent running into combat against the foul things that linger in the cold places of the world.  Would it be any surprise then if my ancestral hammer, Kraknash, is in my hand and the shield of the guard strapped in place?  Of course it is not, for I am Drifter, and when those who threaten the peace reveal themselves it is my duty to put them to rest.  

Yes, rest.  An eternity in Artahka, for I am a crusader of Mata Nui who forsook the path of the Toa Creed, taking upon me the sins and after life of Karhzani in hopes of sparing the few I protect of such a torturous fate.  I am a martyr already, for my life and body mean nothing.  This power I wield is in the name of Mata Nui, He Who Sleeps.  And who are those I shall put to rest to-day?

The sinners and usurpers stand at the foot of the stairs to the great citadel of this city.  It is their place to look up forever at the higher beauty and virtue of the light, and I stand in the light of the doorway ready to challenge any who might desecrate these hallowed steps.

The clang of hammer on shield renting the sounds of abhorrent chaos.  It is a pure sound, ringing about the press of other vulgar. My voice is a mighty bellow;

"I AM ROPURUNGUI, SNOWSHOE LORD OF THE DRIFTS, SON OF KOTRO VINT'RASQUE AND HARBINGER OF YOUR DIVINE JUSTICE.  WHO DARES VIOLATE THE SACRED CITADEL DEDICATED TO MATA NUI?  STEP FORTH AND ACCEPT MY CHALLENGE!"

IC: Agrona

Agrona stepped in front of the others snapping to her side to indicate Toros to stay at her side.

"Aren't you cute."

She whipped off her cloak, revealing a bouquet across her. Flowers sprouting head to toe. She smiled a kind warm smile, revealing her yellow mouth and sharp incisors, "Make your peace meat," she cooed, "You may not stand before me with such defiance. Kneel or be killed."

Edited by Palm

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Revekk (Citadel)

"He doesn't have to bow down to you" I said where I appeared beside the warrior who'd announced his presence in a way I could never hope to do. My sword was finally drawn, and it did reflect the sparkle of the brilliant ice structures all around us.

"None of us do!"

I nodded quickly to the Toa "greetings... brother. I'm glad to see I'm not completely alone in this fight"

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:  Ropurungui

"Indeed, Brother without name.  I welcome your sword in this battle."

To my shield side comes a man of arms and I am grateful for his appearance.  To fight alone against the darkness is the way of the Drifter, but to fight together is the path of the Guard.  For I am both Drifter and Guard, and I am but the host of such power as could banish the evil as seen below to-day in the image of an overgrown shrubbery.  No, a toa of plantlife, for she talked and moved her wicked body as if to command her slave.  

She calls me meat.  In truth she is correct:  I am the flesh of the people, the martyr who still lives.  I would gladly give my meat for their freedom.  And as the snow settles in the wake of their destruction I am ready.

"My brother in arms is right," I announce as my descent down the stairs begins, only one step for now.  The icy ascension to the citadel is slippery, and caution of the utmost importance.  To use my powers of gravity only to root myself would be folly in such conditions.  I continue.  "None shall need bow to those who would use fear as their weapon!  I call you out as honorable combatants and you reply with disrespect.  Speak your names and take to heart the light once more.  Only then will I kneel to help you up, but as a friend.  No?  You do not give up your vile ways?  Or if not at then remember the name of the man who will end you.  Then it is to arms and strength we must turn.  Let us see who's god is greater, shall we?  I have the light on my side, and when the light is brightest the shadows hide."

Edited by Kughii

OOC: *dusts off Priicu* Okay, let's see what a noncombatant can do in this situation.

IC: Priicu - The Wise Man's Archive

The Ko-Matoran flinched as something struck the shutters of the window he had just closed. Those who had been perusing the library had barricaded all ground floor entrances, so he imagined they were in relative safety for the moment. It wouldn't last, though, and none of those capable of fighting had remained inside. 

Shaking, he fumbled for a scroll and ink in the dim light of a heatstone. The authorities were doubtlessly doing whatever they could to get word out, and he would do likewise. It was all he could do, after all, save perhaps for offering knowledge in exchange for his life. 

In hasty handwriting that betrayed the quaking of his frail body, he began to write.

Ko-Koro under attack. I do not know who our assailants are, but they are ruthless and powerful. They have Toa, Skakdi and Vortixx attacking civilians. A tower of the citadel has been destroyed by an explosion of their desi___

His hand slipped as something else thudded against the wall. He peeked through the shudders and wailed as a new force appeared on the walls, bellowing war cries. Straining his ears, he tried to determine their allegiance. It didn't take long to pick out a bellow of 'For Ak'Rei'An!'

He stepped back, biting his lip. He had heard that name before... It was in a letter from Onu-Koro.

He shuffled through a stack of painstakingly sorted mail for the one he was looking for. There is was. An update on business in Onu-Koro by his associate, Demos. 

The Ussalry is looking for any available information on a supposed deity called 'Ak'Rei'An', and his(?) followers. A cult settled in the tunnels and recently escaped an attack by the armed forces. Contact me with any details you can come up with.

Hoping this could prove useful- mainly to himself- he returned to his scroll.

Ko-Koro under attack. I do not know who our assailants are, but they are ruthless and powerful. They have Toa, Skakdi and Vortixx attacking civilians. A tower of the citadel has been destroyed by an explosion of their desi___ design.

The Brotherhood of Ak'Rei'An' has joined the attack, though whether the initial attackers are working with them is unknown.

Mata nui help us all.

Priicu

He swiftly made several copies and rushed to the top floor, where a cage of messenger bird Rahi waited for him. He let them out one at a time, tying his messages to their legs, and let them out his window. Five birds in five directions, to each of the Koro. He hoped and prayed that at least one would escape, and that help would arrive in time.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

OoC: This is snowballing into one,epic battle! Good to see some people joining the good guys as well :)

The she-Skakdi dodged his hammer, and struck at him with her crude stone sword. Dahkapa managed to deflect the hit with his shield, but the sword was surprisingly heavy, and he stumbled backwards. I am so tired, he thought. But I can't give up. In the name of Mata Nui, I can't give up!

He remained as silent as a glacier when he swung his war hammer from the left, aiming at the Skakdi's granite blade.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC:

I was about to respond to Jin, Pae, Kohra, and Echelon, when I noticed that there was yet another interloper calling upon us. I hefted my axe, stepping forward, up to stand beside Agrona. I nodded to my companion, once, before calling up to the loudmouth who sought to challenge any of us to battle. "Every day has its night, child, when light is banished to the stars and moon above...and if you wish your night to fall upon you now, then continue to descend those stairs!" I yelled at him, matching the volume of his own pronouncements easily.

Hopefully Agrona wouldn't be mad at me for joining in over here, but this would be a bit more fun than the conversation I was having earlier.

((OOC: I'm at school right now, so if anybody is sending vigorous messages to me about how I should get out of the way or commenting about how I've missed something, I'm afraid I won't be able to receive them on skype))

Edited by The Otter

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: (Sukot urn Voyuk/Ko-Koro)

Someone was attacking the city, Sukot hadn't a clue who, but his gut told him it sure as karz wasn't another Koro. By the panicked expressions of the Ko-Koroans around him, it seemed the case. The guards not corralling say, Onu-Matoran, into a general area as traitors confirmed his suspicions, to a degree. And what a grand time it was for invasion, a grand time. Sukot had a cozy job, was going to get a fine reward for installing an Architect as Prince-Mayor (Or Akiri, as these barbarians called it). Immediately, important questions began to swell in his brain: Why were they trying to conquer this Icebox of a City? Who were they? Did they have money?  

Anyways, the soldier of fortune was being paid to defend the city, and karz, he'd rather keep that decent paycheck then let it go away under a bloody regime change. Once word came to him of it in the small tavern he was breaking in, he hadn't any choice but put down his glass of Merlot, and lit a cigarillo.

It was go time. Leaving the tavern, he took the side-roads to the Citadel. He'd rather take shelter in the fortified building, and be able to escape via back-tunnels Ambages had probably dug, than to be caught in the dammed walls, which the Sanctum Guard probably wouldn't be able to hold for long. Entering the side stairs, he came towards the grand stairs of the front. His Patero launcher was primed, and ready to shoot any assailant he could find. He saw a pair of Toa standing at the foot of the stairs, with a plant-thing below them. Putting on his cockiest smile, he came down.

One was a big chivalric fellow, a Sanctum guard, one Sukot had taken to mentally mocking. One was someone he hadn't seen before, a Lesterin. Taking a position to the left side of Ropurungui, Sukot blew out some smoke, and aimed the Patero-launcher's muzzle straight at plant-woman.

"Now, hullo gentlemen, good to see other's protecting our fine Citadel," he said. Looking to Agrona, he couldn't help but smile. "May I ask, were you fused with a potted plant? "

Edited by Mr. House
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC:

"Are the shadows hiding, Harbinger?"

The question, smooth and as sharp as the blade its speaker held, flowed easily through the frigid air, audible even above the din of combat. Eisen walked forward gracefully, his gait carrying him towards the site of confrontation, the cold, white light above flickering off of his blood-stained sword. The green orbs behind his mask glittered, fixing on the three beings who dared to stand against the current. "My compatriot is right; every day has its night, and the brightest day merely casts a longer shadow."

"Your year of peace has cast a very long shadow indeed. Do you see, Snowshoe Lord, the darkness at your gates? It is not hiding; it is in your city, it is at your threshold. The long shadow is blotting out your sun with a cloud of snow and smoke, and you cannot stop it. You believed yourself safe, once our Lord had been silenced."

"That was foolish." The Toa of Iron paused next to Karnakie, resting the tip of his blade against the snow-covered ground. "You believed yourselves safe, your villains perished or vanquished. You believed that you had won, and that is a mistake you will not repeat. Night always falls, and the gathering shadows have arrived."

Eisen brought his sword up once more, lips curving into a smile as he gave a polite, almost formal bow, that brought his torso low and his weapon down and to the right though his eyes never left his opposition. "You have done the courtesy of giving your name; I shall do the same. I am Eisen. I hold no titles, I am remembered as no one's son. I am the sword of your so-called shadows."

The normally quiet Toa's smile widened eerily; not in the wrong, falsity of Agrona's, but for its own genuine satisfaction. In a single smooth motion, he straightened and brought his sword up once more. He gave the two beings flanking the so-called Harbinger of Justice an appraising glance, an analysis of their capabilities. Two close combat, one ranged. The chaos around them only grew, but for the moment, they existed in a bubble; a lull in the violence. 

"A philosopher once said that he who fights monsters should be wary. Perhaps you should examine yourselves?" He gave a roll of his shoulders, both a shrug and a stretch. "But talk is meaningless without action."

"You know now the nature of your judgement. Make peace with your Lord."

OOC: Post for Krayzikk to follow later; wanted to get this done. :P

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC (Kohra): 

From where she stood, the Vortixx raised her crossbow, sights set straight on the Fe-Toa's center of mass. Heads were too easy to get out of the way and in her experience there was usually not much to damage in a Toa's head anyway. 

"You may ask." she told Sukot coldly. The energy-cell of her weapon hummed, then clicked as it reached full charge.

"You won't like the answer."

OOC: I just wanted another slice of ham =3

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC:

"The hospital is a good place to make a stand." The Titan agreed, sparing the Matoran hurrying next to him a glance. "Non-combat capable staff are liabilities, as are patients. Both are targets. Potential distractions."

"More importantly," Krayzikk's voice rumbled, the behemoth grabbing the box containing his equipment off of a shelf as he passed. As he began securing it all to his form once more, his expression grew even more grim. "I have no intention of making this a stand. If Ko-Koro falls, the hospital inevitably will. That is not the sound of a small assault you hear. They must either be stopped, or we must all run."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG