Bzprpg - Le-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC, Elianne:(Bright-Star Inn)Elianne nodded, slowly. "I suppose you're right. So. Getting to know each other it is, then."She scratched her forehead, thoughtfully. Might as well start."For all of you except Merror, who knows me... like I've said, my name's Elianne. I spent my youth at a monastery up top on Mount Ihu, where the sisters taught me to fight, among other things. I left, because I felt like I needed to do something good in my life... and it seems I might just finally be getting started."

Edited by Ironheart

IC: Seeking an answer to the construction, Vorok, Cy and Kivar spotted Madrihk, talking with a Toa so ugly he would probably give a Makuta fish nightmeres. Cy commented to Vorok,"I think I've seen that one before-was fighting against us at the hive attack. Wonder what he's up too?""I'm going to find out. Or at least find someone who knows about this construction."Cy nodded. Vorok turned and walked over towards the ugly Toa. He waited casually, juggling his blade in ways that were impossible without his element and Calix.Cy, meanwhile, continued looking around to see if anyone not otherwise occupied could tell him something about the construction, and possibly establish his position as liaison to Le-Koro.OOC:Are any deputies around? Cy would like to talk to one who's not busy.

OOC: Kokkrihan moving from Ta-Wahi... IC: The Cultured Gentry PR manager strolled across the charred land of Ta-Wahi and eventuually made his way into the jungles of Le-Wahi. He had a meeting with the most famous musicians on Mata Nui, the Windriders. They had expressed interest before in going on tour, but the powers that be decided to just start out with one charity concert.   If they were to have more, then Kokkrihan needed to get this show on the road so that they could havea sold out experience.  The Ko-Matoran took an Ussal taxi to the large hut of the Windriders' general manager. It was what one would expect from the manager of such a successful band -- his hut was enormous, and it was no surprise that he was a Cultured Gentry member as well, though the manager wasn't nearly as active.  Kokkrihan knocked on the door, and after a few seconds, the door was opened but the manager's butler. After doing a quick, polite bow, Kokkrihan headed inside to negotiate the terms and the cost for getting a live concert in Le-Koro.   OOC: Oh yeah, it's totally happening.

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC- Verak"I am a member of the Ko-koro military. You may tell him that." Verak lied with a nod. He clasped his hands behind his back, and continued to stand still.IC- LakiLaki pulled hard as the last knot of Desilix's hut was finished. Yet another twig weaved hut was built in the Koro, this one next to Lathon's. This finished, he turned and walked to his own home, ducking under the metal beam of a passing worker. He was finally used to his life here now- working, thinking, chatting with Honu, the Le-matoran builder he had made friends with. Honu had told Laki, in his break, that the builders had been hired by a rich matoran named Ambages. Laki was pretty sure he had heard of the rich architect before, but he might be thinking of someone else. He had finally decided it was time to pay back Aelynn for those twin throwing disks she had made him. He walked back into the hut, and reached into his bag of widgets. It was getting remarkably low, he noted. Soon he'd have to travel back to Le-Koro and restock on supplies. He walked back through the frayed doorway and walked across the small village, smiling as he passed Madrihk and giving a nod to Optimus and one of his Aukati friends. Soon he had arrived at Aelynn's small hut, where the toa of iron resided. She was gone, so he looked around for her, checking the nearby area, asking workers. One finally pointed him in the right direction with a monosyllabic grunt. Laki hurried over, to see her talking once again with the tea-loving blue toa of fire with those strange crystal spikes. He waited a few seconds for Auron to finish his sentence, then tapped Aelynn on the shoulder. "Quick-excuse, but disk-pay widgets I have now," he told her.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC- Verak"I am a member of the Ko-koro military. You may tell him that." Verak lied with a nod. He clasped his hands behind his back, and continued to stand still.
IC: Mevi"The military? Huh. I thought our leader spoke with you guys just before leaving Ko-Koro some hours ago?" Mevi looked slightly confused over the Toa's inquiry. She smiled. "Did you forget to thank him properly or something?"

IC-Skeldan:"My name is Skeldan," the Toa of Ice proclaimed. "And I have no idea where I'm from, where I am right now, and where I'm going to be going. I just let my Ussal lead me on, generally while I sit back and play some music." He looked over to Merror."I do hope that's sufficient, my glorious leader."

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC (Merror)Merror's eyebrows shot upwards."Leader?" he said. Of course. He should have realised. They'd look to him to lead them.The Toa of Fire sighed."You really want me to lead you?"OOC: Major CD upcoming for Merror here. Can we let Skyra get back to the group before we pursue this too far?

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

OOC: I just need to make this post first.One of Skeldan's eyebrows shot upwards as well, and he laughed slightly at Merror's small surprise, shaking his head for a moment."Why, of course," the Toa of Ice said, though he chuckled no longer. "You formed this team, and you have, most likely, the greatest experience amongst us. You're the clear choice!" Then, as a small aside to Merror specifically,"And it's pretty obvious that I would be useless in that position."

profiles i guess

IC: Madrihk
IC:"A tall tale perhaps, but true. And just because no Onu-Matoran could confirm it doesn't mean i was lying- if you asked a Turaga if such a thing as a Hordika existed they would probably say no, and yet here I am." Skaarn was growing annoyed that he was not trusted by anyone in this place. True, he looked hideous, had told the ILS that he had been mutated by Makuta and he had fought against them in the Hive battle. Still, didn't apologies, lies and excuses count for anything?"As for the money-making business- I was an investor of sorts back when I was a simple matoran, a businessman if you will. I still have a few contacts around, so all I need to get started is just the slightest bit of capital."

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

IC (Weta): "My name is Weta" he told the group. "Toa of magnetism. I spent most of my life as a Matoran in Le-koro. I was a pilot of the gukko force - not as good as Kongu or Orkahm, of course, but it was my duty and I did it well. Just over 25 years ago now, I became a toa. Turaga Matau thought I had a lot to learn before I could become a worthy hero, so he sent me to live with Tang, a hermit who lived in the junge near the Great Temple. He mentored me for a long time, teaching me about the Great Spirit and his virtues, the usage of my powers and many other things besides. He was a great Matoran, and one I feel proud to have known, but in later years, he fell to a crippling illness, until he hardly left his bed anymore. He died three months ago, and I buried him in the forest." He bowed his head for a moment in respect for the wise hermit. "From there, I went to the Kini-Nui to find my destiny. I met another toa there, and one thing lead to another until I met Merror, Pirok and Skyra in Le-wahi, and then again in Po-koro. I happened to be in Ga-koro when Merror decided to form this team, and so I joined up. They wanted to follow the virtues, doing their duty to the Great Spirit and to other beings, so I offered my help. Here I am."

ppg2.png

IC: Demetrius crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow at Skaarn, clearly unimpressed. "Huh, that so," he muttered. "Personally, Madrihk, I wouldn't give this guy a dime. And as you might've noticed, I have lots of dimes to spare."

Q2TtLEz.png

OOC: Yes, wait for me to get rid of this pesky mark guys. =P IC: Skyra - Skyra's Home, Le-koro -"Alright, good thing I just cleaned up the place..." I commented as I opened to door and went inside, leaving it open for Salamander and Krearrstrun to step in.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Kearrstrun - Le-Wahi - Skyra's HomeKearrstrun followed in after Skyra, motioning to a chair. Upon Skyra seating down, Kearrstrun pulled out his knife bringing it up to Skyra's forearm."It's best you sit in case you pass out."Making an incision on Skyra's forearm, he lifted it up. He was going to make this as unpleasant for Salamander as he could, "Suck out the blood."

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Skyra - Skyra's Home, Le-koro -Son of a...I thought some rather nasty things, mostly about Kearrstrun, as I gritted my teeth, I was shaking, but I kept myself from moving. I really hadn't expected Kearrstrun's methods to be so...crude...then again the guy was insane...

IC: Salamander"What."What Kearrstrun was suggesting Salamander do was completely ridiculous. If what mattered was simply the transfer of Mark-tainted blood, then there had to be alternatives to sucking out Skyra's blood. Even if one were to ignore how disgusting it would be, it was simply inefficent. In the time it would take for Salamander to ingest enough blood (provided he didn't get sick halfway through and have to start over), the three of them could easily find a hospital and set up a more normal procedure.And Kearrstrun has to know this... So why would he want to take this route? What does he have to gain?"Do I at least get a straw?"

Lacertus

IC: Kearrstrun - Le-Wahi - Skyra's HomeKearrstrun rolled his eyes, "What, you want to drink it out of a cup?"He held the arm out again, blood starting to drip on the floor, "You have to ingest the blood. No matter the method, it isn't going to be pleasant."Kearrstrun leaned in, "Unless of course you want to eat Skyra."

Edited by We Are Legion

| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Salamander"Do I want a cup... Maybe...? I dunno, I'm just not exactly keen on the idea of latching on to his arm and trying to suck him dry. Sounds like something out of a cheesy Matoran horror story."He stared apprehensively at Skyra's arm as he spoke, Kearrstrun's eyes boring into his skull. It was clear that the Toa of Sonics didn't have the patience to for Salamander's hesitation.The things I have to deal with..."That's a bit much, even from you. Fine, I'll do it."He carefully stepped forward, the drops of blood on the floor trembling slightly with every step.This just seems so backwards... So wrong...Slowly, reluctantly, Salamander began to ingest the blood.

Lacertus

Skaarn
IC: MadrihkIC: Mevi"I'll admit that the things we've seen lately are not of the kind that anyone would know tales about," Madrihk said. "So fine, do whatever you like. Just know that we got a lot of things on our minds, and you calling yourself an ally of the very things we oppose would not gain you any points around here. As long as there is less of that and more of 'thumbs-up' worthy actions, I'll let it slide."
IC- VerakVerak laughed. "No, not to thank him." he said with the ghost of a smile still on his face. "But please, give him the message. As I said, it concerns only him and me."
"I'll... tell him," Mevi replied, somewhat put off by all the secrecy lately. No one were allowed to see the construction plans. No one wanted to be entirely above the table. The Ta-Matoran walked off to find their leader, who was luckily standing in the more visited part of the place."Madrihk, sir, there's a Toa here to see you. Says he's from the Ko-Koro military, though he looks nothing like a Ko-Koronan. Still, he has something only you're allowed to hear, apparently.""Didn't I just finish talking with them?" the ILS leader replied. "The hostages have been rescued at no loss.One would think the case is closed, unless they want us to hunt down the kidnappers. In that case they'll have to do it themselves; we are busy.""Nothing to do with that," Mevi interjected. "But as said, he didn't want to say any more than that."Madrihk sighed. "Right. I'll be with him once I finish handling all the other important news." He looked around at the assembled group. "Kethrye first; another two-man conversation. Let's go to the HQ for that. Then I need to speak with the foreman for the construction work, and Verik after that to discuss Parakuka. Then I'll have time for this new guy, so tell him to make himself comfortable, for it may take a while."Mevi nodded. "I'll tell him that." She then returned to Verak to tell him just that. Edited by Katuko

IC: Skyra - Skyra's Home, Le-koro -As Salamander reluctantly began to drink my blood...that sounds wrong no matter how I put it, ugh...the pain and light-headedness began to increase ten-fold. I didn't notice, but my mark began to flicker, as well as my eyes. I tried to take my mind off the whole thing, I started to focus on what I hearing, though all I heard was my own moaning from the pain and Salamander nearly gagging every once and a while.My last conscious thought before I blacked out was what I would do to Kearrstrun if ever got my hands on his bloody neck...

Edited by King Snelly

OOC:Finally bothered with an avatar.IC:WIth Madrihk busy, Vorok began to wander the camp, looking for someone to tell him what was up with the construction. As he did so, he mentally wished he could absorb gravity like other Toa. That would make recharging his element so much easier.Cy began looking elsewhere as well. With no luck, he finally asked one of the workers what was up-the best explination he got was that they had been called earlier to fortify the village walls. Good enough answer, he guessed.Ziraul noticed a familiar Toa wallking by, and quickly ducked behind a building. The Toa was black and had numerous armour spikes. He carried a sheild, a crossbow, and a blade, and had a distinctive attachment on his Calix.There was no mistaking the deadly Dovorachk. His time in the village was limited now, for certain. Vanishing from sight, he though to himself in total, element induced silence. "Who might help, I wonder? Tirax is gone. Aparangi, however...and if I can be subtle about recruiting the Toa of Lightning for Vilor's cause... "Unbeknowst to Ziraul, a Toa of Air had seen him. And that Toa knew those speaker-hands. Only one "Vortixx" used those speaker hands. Only one could disappear like that. Cy slipped around the hut a different way, traveling in vaccum to conceal any noise he might make. Ziraul would be after Vorok and himself. He had no time to waste.Finding Kivar, he whispered,"Take Echo, patrol the skies and listen for noise-flashes. Ziraul is here."Kivar nodded. Since Cy and Vorok had revealed their identities to him, he knew their enemies, at least by description. A series of clicks, and he and Echo were off, circling above the village. Vorok noted this, and knew something was up. Kivar sent a sonic signal to his ears, whispering "Ziraul."Enough of a warning. Vorok kept sheild and blade drawn.Cy continued to move in a vaccum, passing multiple huts as he sought out another freind-Aelynn, or a deputy if he could find one.OOC:Cy seeking to talk to Aelynn or a deputy. Benluke, where is Voriki?

IC: "So what's the charity for?" Sanso asked. Sanso was lead singer and musician for the Windriders. The Cultured Gentry was giving what should have been a great deal for the performers. However, Sanso was wary.   Kokkrihan had tried to dodge the question before, and the fact that Sanso was relunctant to accept the terms without a definite cause supported by the high-class club did not make things easier for the PR manager.   "Allow me to negotiate with Mr. Sanso," said the manager of the Windriders, a Matoran with a teal noble Rau and a yellow-green torso.   The two Matoran stepped into the other room. As soon as they were out of sight, Kokkrihan down his cup of water and padded his sweaty forehead with a cloth. This wasn't nearly as easy as Kokkrihan thought. He and the others spent much time deliberating and coming up with an enticing package for the Windriders, but this sudden... suspicion left the Ko-Matoran puzzled.   After what felt like an eternity, the two Matoran walked back inside.   "I've convinced Mr. Sanso that you're good for it, as far as the charity goes," the Windriders' manager said, "He just wanted to be sure that the proceeds were going to a good cause"   "Understood," Kokkrihan uttered, trying his best to sound as polite and patient as possible. He slid the contract towards the two, "You can best be sure that the proceeds, in the end, will help the Matoran who are most in need"   With that, Sanso and his manager signed the statements and handed the stack back to Kokkrihan.   "Pleasure doing business with you both," Kokkrihan said, shaking both their hands, "You will hear fromome again"   With that, Kokkrihan took his leave. However, he was not done with Le-Koro yet.Kokkrihan entered the Le-Koro Town Square and strolled over to the top merchant in the village. After sharing some insipid small talk with the Le-Koronan merchant, Kokkrihan began hammering a sign to the store owner's post (with his permission). On it, read:

The Cultured Gentry is Opening its ArmsIf you are a successful store owner, investor, or entrepreneur,talk to the top merchant in any of the six main villagesto inquire about membership with the Cultured Gentry. Ournetwork of business analysts and managers will do the following:
  • Protect your business from Makuta-infected Rahi
  • Give exclusive tips on improving your business and marking skills
  • Meeting some one of the brightest minds on the island of Mata Nu
  • And much more!

Again, to inquire, talk to Trader Tuuli today!

After the sign was posted, Tuuli continued forth up to the mountain and down the Onu-Koro Highway.OOC: Kokkrihan moving to Onu-Wahi...

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC: The MarksmanTwaaang! The arrow went clean through the heart of the ash bear. The toa of sonics hauled the kill to the camp. Then he saw the walled village. "Should we go there?" he asked The Predator. IC: The PredatorThe Predator nodded slowly. This was the village where The Hunter died. Still, it would be safer here than there

IC: Kearrstrun - Le-Wahi - Skyra's HomeKearrstrun watched Skyra's arm, stabilizing him as he passed out. His pulse was still running, so that was good. He wasn't dead. A flicker. Kearrstrun turned his attention to Salamander's arm. It flipped into existence.Kearrstrun dropped Skyra's arm, wrapping the wound quickly, "Congratulations, you're now a holder of a terrible weapon that's brought little more than destruction to the world."He lifted Skyra up to Salamander, placing him in his arms, "I need to warn a few more people. But you need to take him to a hospital and get him some blood into his system."

| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Plagia Simul - Pala-Koro GateI glanced over towards the main gate, noting the Ta-Matoran (Kemati) who seemed to be waving at someone inside Pala-Koro. He was taller, and thinner than I was used to in fire-spitter's, but he seemed pretty friendly. He didn't look familiar, so maybe he was a newcomer here...I quickly excused myself from the conversation, and jogged over to the Matoran."Hey," I shouted, hoping he would hear me, "You looking for someone?"IC: Lumira - Pala-KoroLeaning over so that I could rest my elbows on my legs, I took a quick, cursory glance out the door. Nothing interesting seemed to be happening, at least not in my line of vision. Drat.I shifted slightly, bringing my right arm down to the ground, and my left onto the wall behind, in an attempt to get up, onto my feet. With only a small amount of wincing, I managed to succeed.Now on two legs, I began walking over to the door. It wasn't pleasant, by any standards, but it was getting easier the more I did it. Hopefully, at this rate, I'd get out of here twice as quick as the doc said.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:Skaarn smiled. "Perfect!" he barked to Madrihk. "Finally, some trust around here. That's what it takes, you know, for any society to function, or for any business to grow. So, just to be clear, I have free reign to make some widgets for this organization, correct? So long, of course, as it does not compromise you all?" he asked the leader of the ILS.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC:"Of course, who would? Now, on to a bit of business. You and this Pala-Koro village wouldn't happen to have any... natural commodities available for trading, now would you?" Skaarn asked. It always helped to start a business venture with something to trade, or at least so Skaarn heard. If not he would have to lie to some people, which, while he was more than happy to do, could be quite cumbersome later on.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC-Kemati:"Why, I didn't expect to be greeted by a pretty Toa," Kemati said with a lazy grin. "Ah, not really. Mainly, I was looking for Pala-Koro...Obviously I've found it. Or is this a different Pala-Koro? Maybe we're in Kanae Koro instead, no?" He shrugged, directing his Ussal over to the gate.

profiles i guess

IC (Matan and Natan):Matan walked through the marketplace, on his way to see a Matoran rahi hunter. He and Natan had been hard at work all day on Hau's custom suit of armour, and now they were hungry as starved ash bears. Matan was on his way to buy the fattest pokawi he could find and then roast it for dinner. He was just passing thrpough the main square when a new sign caught his eye.

The Cultured Gentry is Opening its ArmsIf you are a successful store owner, investor, or entrepreneur,talk to the top merchant in any of the six main villagesto inquire about membership with the Cultured Gentry. Ournetwork of business analysts and managers will do the following:
  • Protect your business from Makuta-infected Rahi
  • Give exclusive tips on improving your business and marking skills
  • Meeting some one of the brightest minds on the island of Mata Nui
  • And much more!

Again, to inquire, talk to Trader Tuuli today!

Now this was interesting. The Skakdi didn't know much about the Cultured Gentry, but what they were offering seemed very valuable - almost too valuable. Matan was a businessSkakdi, and he knew that for everything there was a cost. Why were these people offering so much, but not asking for anything in return? The cost, then, must be hidden somewhere. Wondering what it might be, he we bought the Pokawi, and then took it home to Natan, to discuss what he had seen over the food.***Timeskip***The next morning, the two Skakdi rose early, while the forest floor was still covered in mist. They went and bathed in the lake, and then came home and polished their armour until it shone, along with their tremendous teeth. Having scrubbed up well beyond the standards of most Skakdi, the two emerged from their home behind their workshop, and placed a hastily scrawled "Closed: Back soon" sign on the door. From there, they made their way into the centre of the village, looking for Tuuli's noble ruru as the merchant came to start the day's trading. Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

IC (Avya)Isfel and I walked into Le-Koro.That's all that happened, but it felt like so much more.I've never been one for romantics. I'm not one of those people who go for mushy emotions and deep thoughts on beauty and life. But Le-Koro changed that, if only for a minute.The entire village was suspended on the tops of the trees. And these trees were hundreds of feet tall, their canopies waving in the breeze far, far above the ground. We took an elevator up to the village, which was weird and a little cluastrophobic, but stepping out, I felt more free than I ever had.Le-Koro gave us a view of the top of the jungle for as far as the eye could see. The sky was clear and blue, and the wind blew against my face, fresh and cool.It was an amazing experience, but even it could only distract me for so long. I returned soon to the task of finding this ILS and the next step to getting my memory back- finding out who I was."I guess who should just ask around," I said to Isfel. "If it's as big of an organization as it's rumoured to be, somebody has to know about it."It didn't turn out to be difficult at all. The first Matoran fruit seller I asked told me in no uncertain terms that "the home-village you look-seek hide-rests by wet-Lake Pala."Huh. How about that. The home-village I look-seek hide-rests by wet-Lake Pala. I never knew.

Skaarn
IC: Madrihk"We were going to establish some form of organized trade, but in the midst of actually building the place and all the fighting we haven't had time. The only trade that is going on is on a small-scale basis. Le-Koro has given us some supplies for our help in the past, and Ackune smiths our weapons locally. Food comes from the jungle, and some is brought along on trips from the other villages. Any of this could likely be upped to a larger scale. We did choose this area to claim first because of its natural resources."

IC: A blur of tan and black tore through the jungle, following a remote path east-southeast from Le-Koro. It was clear that the trail had gone unused for some time, or at least unused by intelligent life. Dense foliage encroached on all sides, often restricting the trail to scarcely wide enough for one to pass, sometimes obscuring the path entirely. But the being raced on, oblivious.It was not until he reached the edge of a massive clearing that he stopped, the blur solidifying to reveal a Toa of Stone, standing silently, looking out one the centerpiece of the clearing - a lake. And quite a large one at that - the second largest on the island, in fact. On the far shore, the Toa could make out a faint dark spot, could feel the faintest hint of stone if he reached out with his power.Jotham inhaled deeply. Exhaled. And then he was off again, sprinting toward Pala-Koro.

Q2TtLEz.png

Ic: Stannis had spent most of the trip seemingly detached from the other men, thinking on high matters. This did not surprise Aurax or Lepidran, since they were used to his distanced demeanor, but it could be felt with Oreius and Reordin. The team entered the swamps of Le-Wahi and were emerging into the lush and boggy realm of the Fau Swamp when the silence of the group was interrupted by Lepidran. "I can safe-lead us through the dread-swamp, but it would help if...uh, I knew where I was supposed to be leading us."Stannis looked around the dense jungle that enveloped the team, and as he swung his eyes from one side to the next he saw Oreius looking at him expectantly with Lepidran giving him the same look. Stannis was a natural leader taught by Antrim, but despite all the ability he possessed it still seemed awkward for him to be looked to for guidance in the manner he was seen as right then. It was unnatural for him to be seen as an oracle and it went against the grain of his being. He led by noblesse oblige, working alongside the others. He led and people followed, but now he was being seen as more than just a leader who worked on strategy and purpose, now he was a compass.His wanderings had led him to Oreius and Reordin and had taken the Companions on a ride that included accomplishing almost all of their goals. There was no reason to doubt that his wandering would take them to this Sulov, wherever he may be hiding. Stannis had spent his walk to the jungle looking deeper into exactly that matter, though indirectly; his wonderings were about something that eluded most Matoran, and heaven forbid Toa, on Mata Nui: Faith. He was surrounded by people of facts. Aurax followed because of the fact that Stannis delivered on his wish for adventure and purpose. Lepidran was a scholar who believed in science. Oreius understood the fact that the Wanderer landed on his doorstep with almost no effort. And Reordin was a military man who believed in the cold hard truth. Stannis was a man of faith surrounded by men of fact.He was no preacher, no teacher, he was just a leader, but as that matoran went around and spread the word of "The Wanderer" Stannis somehow, and likely unintentionally, transformed from explorer-warrior to prophet-deliverer. It was a role he was both unprepared for and unaware of until that day. He prayed that he would have the skills -- no, the courage! -- to do what was right. He could not go ahead; he had a guide for that. And so he had to put his faith behind someone better than he at that time."You are supposed to be leading us to Sulov. We know Sulov exists at the end of my wandering," he replied to Lepidran, confident and faithful, "and I will wander where you tread in this jungle. I advise you to go forward, Lepidran."

IC: SalamanderSalamander stood in a daze as Kearrstrun handed him Skyra's limp body while speaking words in a hurried fashion that seemed to never quite reach Salamander's ears. Perhaps it was the effects if the Mark, or maybe it was the fact that Salamander's stomach was now full blood, but Salamander felt as if he would pass out at any moment.He desperately hoped it was the latter."When will I notice the effects? Is it immediate, or will it take a while to adjust? Basically, how much longer do I have before I have to start resisting the mark's influence?"As Salamander spoke, he began to feel a bit better, although he still felt like lying down would do him a considerable amount of good.

Lacertus