Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Better roleplay some trouble with adjusting to the new limb as well. You're lacking the natural muscle connections, you presumably have no feeling in a purely mechanical limb, and the psychological aspect of it may cause some interference.
Seems good, I think I'll do that and go with the 100% mechanical limb..

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

Waaaaaaaaaay back in the distant past, let's say 2003, the BZPRPG was also set on the island of Mata Nui. However, the next year they moved to another island which I can't recall the name of, and after that it became a tradition for the BZPRPG to change locations every year or so, usually one loosely based off what was happening in the Bionicle story that year. This lasted until 2011, when the staff decided that all the history and such was too complicated to be easily understood by people new to the game, so some gut punched time and gave everyone a happy ending, and also resetting the universe while he did so. The 2011 game was set on the island of Mata Nui, a version of Mata Nui where Makuta had defeated the Toa Mata and help on to the island with a iron fist (Sound familiar?). A lot of interesting plotlines start and where sadly cut short by BZPower's upgrade period. Months later when the new forums went public the GMs again decided to start things from scratch, whuxh is where we are now.Simple.Not.

Waaaaaaaaaay back in the distant past, let's say 2003, the BZPRPG was also set on the island of Mata Nui. However, the next year they moved to another island which I can't recall the name of, and after that it became a tradition for the BZPRPG to change locations every year or so, usually one loosely based off what was happening in the Bionicle story that year. This lasted until 2011, when the staff decided that all the history and such was too complicated to be easily understood by people new to the game, so some gut punched time and gave everyone a happy ending, and also resetting the universe while he did so.The 2011 game was set on the island of Mata Nui, a version of Mata Nui where Makuta had defeated the Toa Mata and help on to the island with a iron fist (Sound familiar?). A lot of interesting plotlines start and where sadly cut short by BZPower's upgrade period. Months later when the new forums went public the GMs again decided to start things from scratch, whuxh is where we are now.Simple.Not.
Very awesome explanation. I sort of dig the whole reset thing, but hey I'm a noob so what do I know haha. But its cool because now for the next few years, we could gradually redo the whole Bionicle Universe' story, but making it our own at the same time. Edited by Flex Nard

When does the bzprpg reset? and does anybody know what the main theme is going to be next year?
The game has only reset twice. But back in the olden days, it moved locations every year. Only Nuju know if or when that's going to happen. Hopefully, if it does, it'll be Metru Nui- it seems like a fun place. :P
I sincerely hope not. It was always more interesting when we made new locations.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

I sincerely hope not. It was always more interesting when we made new locations.
True, new locations does have lots of potential as well. I guess I'm just a diehard for the original Bionicle saga's storyline. I think its cool being on Mata Nui, but maybe that's just all the nostalgia talking from when I was playing MNOG1 when I was 6 haha.

No I think it would be cooler to use the actual MU locations. Fan made location have never, ever interested me.
But you've only been here a year...?

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

But you've only been here a year...?
No, I mean, not while playing an RPG.No fan created area has ever made me interested in it. I've never read a fan-made island and thought 'I'd like to know more about that' or been engaged in a fan made island. Official locations are the only Bionicle areas that really spark my interest.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

Nuju told me a while back that we're not switching locations next year, so unless he's changed his mind, we'll still be on Mata Nui come 2013.
That's rather unfortunate. I would certainly come back to the RPG if the location changed, at the very least to try it out. (Yes, I check back to this topic every few days to find out if anything interesting happens.)

Pk57sNJ.jpg

So... pretty slow day today, huh?
Very. I'm at the top of the top 20 posters list, yet I only have 33 posts today. Normally the top posters have over 50. Edited by Toa of Smooth Jazz

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET