Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Pfffft...no*scrathes all ideas off notepad*All joking aside, it will have plot. I'm still working on it though so expect it.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Hey guys, just checking in from a hotel room. Turns out I might still have internet access through the remainder of my trip, so as of now, assume I'm back. Could I get a recap?
For the Horde at Kini-Nui, Purgatory's been defeated, Viloz took a bit of a beating and we're just awaiting Rhow's judgement on Purg for helping out the Makuta followers escape. Speaking of which, they nearly got away since no one chased after but Wotz had Kahlynn track them down the whole time, hiding in wait to strike. Apparently he brought Taoki along.

I am happy and scared....

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Bad enough the end of world, now he has palms for 2013...Yay.

I am back. Rejoice away.Yes, I've returned to a pleasant and surprising zero reported incident PMs.Well done, everyone. I am rather proud of you.
:ninja:*edges away slowly*I mean, uh...hi, Nuju! I totally didn't break your totally expensive vase that you held all the souls in while you were gone!...But if you see a few ghosts flying around, uh...just tell me. Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

I am back. Rejoice away.Yes, I've returned to a pleasant and surprising zero reported incident PMs.Well done, everyone. I am rather proud of you.
Positively delightful.On a far less cheery note: I have talked with Nuju via IM regarding MN prosthetic level. According to him, limb replacements do have enough articulation that 'a leg that can support weight and bend at the ankle/knee' is okay (quoting him there). But in further conversation he said that finger articulation was too advanced. And he had already stated that MN's residents had barely gotten past hooks and pegs in place of lost hands and legs.The example of the leg that can support weight and bend at two simple joints is the best one to go by when it comes to replacement limbs, as it comes from the GM himself as an example of MN prosthetic level. The hand and arm replacements that have been getting a lot of attention recently clearly aren't on this example's level. So a retcon or two may be in order. Edited by Joshua L. Chamberlain

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

On a far less cheery note: I have talked with Nuju via IM regarding MN prosthetic level. According to him, limb replacements do have enough articulation that 'a leg that can support weight and bend at the ankle/knee' is okay (quoting him there). But in further conversation he said that finger articulation was too advanced. And he had already stated that MN's residents had barely gotten past hooks and pegs in place of lost hands and legs.The example of the leg that can support weight and bend at two simple joints is the best one to go by when it comes to replacement limbs, as it comes from the GM himself as an example of MN prosthetic level. The hand and arm replacements that have been getting a lot of attention recently clearly aren't on this example's level. So a retcon or two may be in order.
Luckily, I didn't go too far over that anyways. I have made my characters fake arm very simple, it only has a moveable joint in the shoulder, and it doesn't even have a real "hand". Instead, it has two large hooks that can bend inward to make things easier to pick up.

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

On a far less cheery note: I have talked with Nuju via IM regarding MN prosthetic level. According to him, limb replacements do have enough articulation that 'a leg that can support weight and bend at the ankle/knee' is okay (quoting him there). But in further conversation he said that finger articulation was too advanced. And he had already stated that MN's residents had barely gotten past hooks and pegs in place of lost hands and legs.The example of the leg that can support weight and bend at two simple joints is the best one to go by when it comes to replacement limbs, as it comes from the GM himself as an example of MN prosthetic level. The hand and arm replacements that have been getting a lot of attention recently clearly aren't on this example's level. So a retcon or two may be in order.
But... the Toa Mata reattached their limbs no problem. Is that non-canon here? Or can you just not make artificial limbs?Anyway, welcome back Nuju! I'm excited to see what happens next with Heuani and Makuta.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

According to him, limb replacements do have enough articulation that 'a leg that can support weight and bend at the ankle/knee' is okay (quoting him there). But in further conversation he said that finger articulation was too advanced. And he had already stated that MN's residents had barely gotten past hooks and pegs in place of lost hands and legs.
I'll retcon my char back to the non-bendy iron part if needed, but I contest that fingers are more advanced. A mechanical leg needs some form of muscle replacement in both the thigh and shin in order to work, while fingers have no muscle, only a "wire" running through each that allows them to bend. When pulled by the hand's muscle, the entire finger curves, which is why it's so hard for most people to bend only the first joint of one.Compare fingers:http://www.wired.com/images/article/full/2007/07/xfinger_full.jpghttp://alexandria.nu/ai/blog/attachments/00000054_Finger_Extended.jpgTo legs:http://mechsys4.me.udel.edu/research/medical_robotics/lower_extremity/passive_device.jpghttp://media.commercialappeal.com/media/img/photos/2010/09/27/a28pucillo2_t607.jpegIf bendable fingers are out, then supportive legs might as well be too. In that case, single-joint prosthetics (no mechanical muscle replacements) would be the universal limit. Or at least, make a bendable finger OK, but restrict its movement (for example, can grip an object like a claw but not twirl it in your grasp like you could with proper fingers).And yeah, if the Matoran can pick themselves apart and rebuild every now and then, then an inferior mechanical replacement should be possible. I get that having a limb lost and then immediately regained is bad roleplaying, but that's why prosthetic are inferior in the first place; to force a loss. Edited by Katuko

Hey, Nuju! Good to see you, man!Guys, Nuju's back. Abort plan! Abort plan!- Vorex
:|There is no plan.
Not anymore, there isn'tNow... GET BACK ON TOPIC. (wait, am I still allowed to say that now that Nuju's back?)So, people, places for me to drop Aquarius?- Vorex

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill