Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Full metal and crystal outsides, levitated by Toa using mask , gravity and magnetism powers, and mini guns shooting out.All powered by Toa energy.In fact, with enough Toa I'm sure you can make a full metal flying ship with weapons. Y'know, those ships that we see on anime like Gundam.Also, that reminds me. Sergeant Frog in this game, anyone?

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

JL, let's not get into another Expy debate...By the way, I have some issues with your latest JL post in Le. The current you'd need to break a powerful magnetisation would be...well, very painful, if not fatal. So unless you want to electrocute both JL and Tupua, you need to rethink that.Also, you're a Toa of Lightning. Not electromagnetism. So you can't 'create an electromagnetic'...And Echelon permanently magnetised them together. Now, when I say permanently, I don't mean it will last forever. I just mean that Echelon doesn't have to concentrate to maintain it. It will wear away after a while, but that should take a good hour or two.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

We need a World Fighting Tournament with the exact same announcer every 4 years, a family who wrecks everyone else by getting gold hair, and a stadium with always gets destroyed.Then, we need a Turtle-named power wave of blue energy created by forming a blue energy sphere in between your hands.
Don't forget, we'll also need to introduce a bunch of characters who can somehow use their own life energy for massive exploding beams of death, then give said characters so much "life energy" that they can fire gigantic lasers from their hands without breaking a sweat.
By the way, I have some issues with your latest JL post in Le. The current you'd need to break a powerful magnetisation would be...well, very painful, if not fatal. So unless you want to electrocute both JL and Tupua, you need to rethink that.
This is pretty true, though Toa of Lightning have shock resistance. So JL might not be affected.
Also, you're a Toa of Lightning. Not electromagnetism. So you can't 'create an electromagnetic'...
Creating an electromagnetic anything is a distinct function of electricity. Electricity always has its own magnetic field, therefore Toa of Lightning can indeed control magnetism, if indirectly.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Electromagetism is a subpower of lightning, however, like all subpowers, it would use up a lot of EE and not be nearly as controled as using your element normally.And I always thought of it needing to have something metal to send the eletrical current through, into order to create the electromagnet. Besides, a Toa of Magnetism would easily trump a Toa of Lightning creating an electromagnetic field.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Right, found it.http://www.bzpower.c...t=120#entry7705

I am however deciding to stick with canon on this, and with one exception the only sub-powers allowed will be the ones that follow:Heat - Allows the user to create, control, and absorb heat; a Fire/Plasma-based power Vaccum- Allows the user to create and control vacuums; an Air-based power Cyclone - Allows the user to create a whirlwind of air; an Air-based powerCold - Allows the user to make the temperature drop ; an Ice-based power Silence - Allows the user to generate a field of silence; a Sonics-based powerElectromagnetism - Allows the user to create and control magnetism via electricity through metal; an Electricity-based power
So long as we have metal, we can generally create electromagnetic fields.In this case, we have 2 Toa stuck together.
Besides, a Toa of Magnetism would easily trump a Toa of Lightning creating an electromagnetic field.
Very true. Although I think that would just be a plain magnetic field. Edited by Jl1223 X

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Guys, I'm not sure if you understand what electromagnetism is...Allow me to explain.When an electric current passes through metal, it creates a magnetic field around it. In the same way, a metal object moving in a magnetic field can induce a current.This does not mean you can go, "ooh, I can induce electromagnetism, so now I'm a Toa of Magnetism too!".To counteract Echelon's magnetisation, you would have to have a VERY strong current passing through JL constantly. This would be both quite painful AND drain his EE quickly.

Very true. Although I think that would just be a plain magnetic field.
But a 'plain magnetic field' is exactly what you're trying to create...there is no such thing as an 'electromagnetic field'. There are electric field, and there are magnetic fields. What you are trying to create is a magnetic field, and since you're doing it through electricity, you wouldn't have nearly enough control to trump Echelon.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Guys, I'm not sure if you understand what electromagnetism is...Allow me to explain.When an electric current passes through metal, it creates a magnetic field around it. In the same way, a metal object moving in a magnetic field can induce a current.This does not mean you can go, "ooh, I can induce electromagnetism, so now I'm a Toa of Magnetism too!".
Exactly. Subpowers will be subpowers, not additional powers. :P
To counteract Echelon's magnetisation, you would have to have a VERY strong current passing through JL constantly. This would be both quite painful AND drain his EE quickly.What you are trying to create is a magnetic field, and since you're doing it through electricity, you wouldn't have nearly enough control to trump Echelon.
Let alone having the sheer amount of EE to do something like that.So, yeah, what Ghosthands said. :3

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

I'm just gonna say that if a Toa of Magnetism trumps a Toa of Lightning in anything involving magnetism, in my mind. Including in strength of the magnetic field, but eh. Wait until we agree or Nuju comes in here and tells us how to make it work.And anyways:Gravs, you evil, evil creature.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

This is probably why I won't do IB Physics.I still don't get what you're persisting for. Here's what I understand from the scientific whatnot you just posted.You need electricity through the metal, and then there's a magnetic field. And if you do that, you'll still get owneded by any Magnetism Toa.But a question I still have on my mind. Electricity and Magnetism practically coexist - Electricity is a form of energy that produces light, heat and magnetism. So if we created a bolt of lightning, it comes with light and heat. Shouldn't it come with magnetism? :/Which brings me to my next point. Take a Fire Toa. Can he use his Firepower in a Vacuum?

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

But a question I still have on my mind. Electricity and Magnetism practically coexist - Electricity is a form of energy that produces light, heat and magnetism. So if we created a bolt of lightning, it comes with light and heat. Shouldn't it come with magnetism? :/
This is not quite right. Electromagnetism is a form of energy, and its waves, a combination of electric and magnetic waves, are responsible for light, infrared radiation (a form of heat), and other types of radiation. A bolt of lightning does not 'come with' light and heat; it produces them.As for the fire in a vacuum question, I think the Toa would be able to create heat (since IR radiation travels through vacuum), but not fire, since fire requires oxygen. Not sure though, so it's probably best to ask Nuju about this one. Edited by Ghosthands

This is probably why I won't do IB Physics.I still don't get what you're persisting for. Here's what I understand from the scientific whatnot you just posted.You need electricity through the metal, and then there's a magnetic field.And if you do that, you'll still get owneded by any Magnetism Toa.
This is because the magnetic field created by a Toa of Lightning would not be nearly as powerful as a mangetic field created by a Toa of Magnetism. Its the nature of a subpower. Its like a Toa with a Garai weighing someone down and then a Toa of Gravity weighing someone down.
Which brings me to my next point. Take a Fire Toa. Can he use his Firepower in a Vacuum?
I'd imagine he could, but the Toa would have to constantly focus on keeping the flame in existance. But I'd ask Nuju on that one.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

I'd imagine that Gravity would have an easier time moving an object that Magnetism is also affecting in the opposite direction. If you're talking about magnetic waves in general, I don't think they would be affected all that much since it comes down to micro-particles. Too much physics for BIONICLE, I'd imagine.

Take Jaller Mahri for example. Uhnderwater, there's no gaseous oxygen to burn, but he could still make fire. How? By constantly creating a new flame every millisecond.Also, is magnetism affected by gravity?
In what way? Magnetic objects still feel gravity, but magnetism does not have a relationship with gravity like the one it has with electricity. They are both forces, nothing more.

If this post doesn't change the subject for at least a moment, I don't know what will -- except maybe a post with a Ronkshou/Heuani dance-off or something...
THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!But a toa/rahskhi hybrid is awesome. In a scary way. I guess that's this year's Halloween special.
EXTREME KOLHII.NOW WITH MAGIC.
....You should switch to Decaf.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Take Jaller Mahri for example. Uhnderwater, there's no gaseous oxygen to burn, but he could still make fire. How? By constantly creating a new flame every millisecond.Also, is magnetism affected by gravity?
In what way? Magnetic objects still feel gravity, but magnetism does not have a relationship with gravity like the one it has with electricity. They are both forces, nothing more.
What I meant is that if a toa of gravity is pushing one way and magnetism the other, or if a toa of gravity is trying to move and magnetism is trying to hold them still, who would win assuming their exerting equal energy?

What I meant is that if a toa of gravity is pushing one way and magnetism the other, or if a toa of gravity is trying to move and magnetism is trying to hold them still, who would win assuming their exerting equal energy?
(assuming you mean equal amounts of EE)I'd imagine magnetism would, as magnetism, while not as far-reaching as gravity in its effects, it a lot stronger close-range than gravity is.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

(assuming you mean equal amounts of EE)I'd imagine magnetism would, as magnetism, while not as far-reaching as gravity in its effects, it a lot stronger close-range than gravity is.
Yeah. Magnetism grows exponentially the closer you get to it.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)