Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

I've been reading this over, giving it some thought, and I think I'm going to put in my two cents.I'm new. I'll fully admit that. But in my short time here, I will say that yes, I'm having fun. It's a nostalgia trip for me, and I'm loving that. I've met cool people. Nice people. I've got an arc going on my own, doing my own thing, but I'm fine with that. And I've entertained the idea of possibly joining one of the ongoing plots in some way. But the thing is, I don't want to. I've come to a realization. To quote the Heavy's "Short Change Hero":"This ain't no place for no hero. This ain't no place for no better man. This ain't no place for no hero, to call home."Did anyone ever consider that?I look around, and I see the villains ready to destroy the Kumu Isles and prepare to wage war on Mata Nui, and leave nothing alive. I see the herald of Makuta, invincible to anything or anyone. And there's just one thing missing: heroes. But where are they? Defeated, destroyed. Dead. Or busy with a battle in Le-Koro. Or absent entirely. Their actions mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. The villains are center stage. And the heroes are nowhere to be found.The heroes died with the Toa Mata.I'm a writer. I love stories. And call me idealistic if you want, but stories should have heroes, not just villains. And heroes that will fight to the bitter end to protect their beliefs, to protect what they cherish. I don't see that happening here. I just see a permanent "darkest hour", where the villains are given free reign.This plot EW created is the kind of plots I love. It has the ultimate stakes and fearsome villains. It's got that threat that makes it something worth looking into, even with the radical change to the status quo. It's the kind of plot that stories are meant to have.However, it's missing a key component.The heroes.Where are the heroes? The brave Toa, Turaga, Skakdi, Vortixx, Matoran, etc, that will stand up and fight? The ones that would put aside their differences to fight against a horde that threatens their very existence?They're either non-existent or worse: treated as a nothing more than an ant that can be crushed under a boot without a thought.A story should never be the villains' show. The heroes need their time to shine. To have their Crowning Moments of Awesome. To show that yes, even in the darkest hour, when evil has everything, that heroes can triumph.The villains can still be powerful. They can still be a threat. I don’t want to see villains acting idiotic or having great big holes in their plans that the heroes can easily counter. But villains aren’t interesting if they’re invincible to everything the heroes throw at them. They need a weakness, and if it takes a thousand dead heroes to finally find that weakness and have the 1001st hero slay the villain, then the story has succeeded. A bittersweet ending where the heroes succeed is better than an ending where the villain wins because nobody could stand up to his/her invincibility because the plot gave him/her plot armor.Give us a reason to fight. To get out of this darkness-induced apathy. It's something I've seen in the RPG, not just this upcoming plot. Give the heroes a chance to shine. To make it something viable to play as.Say EW's plot goes through. Say Xa-Koro is destroyed, and then Aurelia wages her war of genocide across Mata Nui and nothing can stand against her wrath. All hope seems lost.I would stand. Against innumerable odds, I would stand against the dark, gather an alliance of anything I could, and fight until my very last breath. They'd say it's suicide, and surrender is the only option. And I would PROVE. THEM. WRONG. Why?Because I still believe in heroes.And heroes should always have a chance. Even if it's a trillion to one.
This, so much this

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

So pretty much you guys are complaining that you couldn't be part of the big plot that EW asked if you wanted to be part of ages ago, and now that it's started you're all being whiny?What's done is done, you guys don't need to complain any more.Besides, explosions.
What he said.I understand that JL and others are angry because there was no big invitation to join in, but remember, if EW HAD done so, it would ruin the purpose of the destruction, right? So what's done is done, and since your characters can't meta-game away, move on. And besides, since it is Nuju-approved, the plot obviously has some sort of relevance. And I think Nuju said your characters don't have to perish along with the Kumu ISLets, so what is the argument for? Soz, just had to put my two cents in. So let us all embrace in friendship. Figuratively, 'coure.

I've been reading this over, giving it some thought, and I think I'm going to put in my two cents.I'm new. I'll fully admit that. But in my short time here, I will say that yes, I'm having fun. It's a nostalgia trip for me, and I'm loving that. I've met cool people. Nice people. I've got an arc going on my own, doing my own thing, but I'm fine with that. And I've entertained the idea of possibly joining one of the ongoing plots in some way. But the thing is, I don't want to. I've come to a realization. To quote the Heavy's "Short Change Hero":"This ain't no place for no hero. This ain't no place for no better man. This ain't no place for no hero, to call home."Did anyone ever consider that?I look around, and I see the villains ready to destroy the Kumu Isles and prepare to wage war on Mata Nui, and leave nothing alive. I see the herald of Makuta, invincible to anything or anyone. And there's just one thing missing: heroes. But where are they? Defeated, destroyed. Dead. Or busy with a battle in Le-Koro. Or absent entirely. Their actions mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. The villains are center stage. And the heroes are nowhere to be found.The heroes died with the Toa Mata.I'm a writer. I love stories. And call me idealistic if you want, but stories should have heroes, not just villains. And heroes that will fight to the bitter end to protect their beliefs, to protect what they cherish. I don't see that happening here. I just see a permanent "darkest hour", where the villains are given free reign.This plot EW created is the kind of plots I love. It has the ultimate stakes and fearsome villains. It's got that threat that makes it something worth looking into, even with the radical change to the status quo. It's the kind of plot that stories are meant to have.However, it's missing a key component.The heroes.Where are the heroes? The brave Toa, Turaga, Skakdi, Vortixx, Matoran, etc, that will stand up and fight? The ones that would put aside their differences to fight against a horde that threatens their very existence?They're either non-existent or worse: treated as a nothing more than an ant that can be crushed under a boot without a thought.A story should never be the villains' show. The heroes need their time to shine. To have their Crowning Moments of Awesome. To show that yes, even in the darkest hour, when evil has everything, that heroes can triumph.The villains can still be powerful. They can still be a threat. I don’t want to see villains acting idiotic or having great big holes in their plans that the heroes can easily counter. But villains aren’t interesting if they’re invincible to everything the heroes throw at them. They need a weakness, and if it takes a thousand dead heroes to finally find that weakness and have the 1001st hero slay the villain, then the story has succeeded. A bittersweet ending where the heroes succeed is better than an ending where the villain wins because nobody could stand up to his/her invincibility because the plot gave him/her plot armor.Give us a reason to fight. To get out of this darkness-induced apathy. It's something I've seen in the RPG, not just this upcoming plot. Give the heroes a chance to shine. To make it something viable to play as.Say EW's plot goes through. Say Xa-Koro is destroyed, and then Aurelia wages her war of genocide across Mata Nui and nothing can stand against her wrath. All hope seems lost.I would stand. Against innumerable odds, I would stand against the dark, gather an alliance of anything I could, and fight until my very last breath. They'd say it's suicide, and surrender is the only option. And I would PROVE. THEM. WRONG. Why?Because I still believe in heroes. And heroes should always have a chance. Even if it's a trillion to one.
I feel like crying for some reason. Finally, another person who will not submit to helplessness.This was so touching. I think I used the right word. Edited by Norik Ta Hagah

Exams? My school has no exams except for when we start doing GCSE and IB (Unless you suck in which case you do noob exams)Meaning I have big stuff only during the end of school years.Starting this one.And oh, Takua??Yeah, we don't know. He got kidnapped by flying Rahkshi. Maybe he's dead. Maybe he isn't. Either way, the Team destined to defeat the Makuta (Staff Plot), the Oceanic 6, has already been formed. Everyone else is here to support them.And also, I don't think dropping Kini-Nui on the Makuta is even possible. He'll sense you way earlier.Alright, back to hints - No problem with picking them up, but problem with why-u-no-just-say-we-can-join-instead-of-writing-hints?Hints, which, let me remind you, are only posted in posts related to your custom plot.Take me, for example. While I feel like I want to join, I had no idea there was even a plot like this until today. Why? Well, why would I know? I don't stalk every single character around.

Edited by Jl1223 X

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Guys, remember when we (specifically Hubert) weren't allowed tanks?Those were the good old days.-Dovydas
Remember when we (specifically everyone) were specifically told that we couldn't have NPC armies?Those were the good old days.- Vorex

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

How would they know about the Oceanic 6 anyway?I smell an attempt at becoming as important to the staff plot as they are. I've been there in other types of staff plot situations...a few 10 or so times...It doesn't work. They kind of won that awesome position, they didn't just walk right in and sign up.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I have a few things to point out:

Built like an iron tank
No tanks.
"While people work above us, however, they're doing more than just build a new city, they're seeing the fruit of their labour and growing strong. Those chosen for it will be a part of an army. An army tempered and strengthened by their lives and work and loyal to me for what I've done for them."
Non-Player Characters (NPC's) are legal to use in your posts. However, recurring NPC's such as personal bodyguards, armies, servants, etc. are not allowed.
Tuck, can I have permission to wipe out an entire village to prove a point, kinda like I did on 'Derrum? :P
EW... yeahno. We aren't having another NMN disaster here. :P
That is all.- Vorex

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Isn't life just like that? Most of the time in the BZPRPG, most do not affect the plots, but you can get caught in it, and cross your fingers. Or...You could get Daedra Syndrome and get out of Kumu Is. now.None of you saw that.And remember, it IS possible to survive it. Remember, you determine how the pub/inn/shanty falls on your character, so you could say you escaped from the ruins with a broken pinkie... and a fractured arm.

That's straying a bit away from the topic. We all know this - its more of a common sense thing.The problem we have right now, I shall try to sum up.1. EW's plot, in our faces.2. EW's saying people can join the plot.3. EW's plot people menacingly menacing people into fearing joining.4. We're now arguing.5. Hints.Enough, I shall do a semi-small text about why Hints are Bad.Why Hints are BadHints are bad because of several points. The most obvious would be that over the internet, hints might be overlooked.The next point, information of which I have taken from Prof. Rustled Jimmies, is that hints are just an excuse for things to happen. For example, in this game, lets say you throw some knives, which miss. Oh wait! You hinted that the knives were more than just knives in your previous post! As such, your knives are actually knives which exploding papers on the back, tagged with wires, so they wrap around the person you threw your knives at, and then blows him up. That guy complains that you pulled the attacks out of your ####?Your excuse would be 'I hinted it'.If you know how stupid that is, you'll know how stupid hints are. 'Hints' being used as an excuse can be used for things on any scale, such as eating up entire villages and it's surrounding locations, to tickling someone. Even worse, some people might simply use hints to convey things better said in places like 'News and Discussion', so when finally their stuff gets shoved in people's faces, people who have no idea what is going on because they never knew it was going on in the first place, get a bit annoyed when big stuff happens whether or not they're related.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Hints in combat are actually effective if used well. While I agree that hinting at a plot in this manner is not a good thing, I think that hinting in combat (If you actually did and aren't just lying about it) helps prevent metagaming. A good way to check if a character would realistically predict a move is to use a hint so that unless the real player can do so, the character is screwed over.Just my opinion.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Don't use them as excuses and you're fine.
Well, it's a good thing EW isn't using excuses, now isn't it?Whether you like it or not, EW has been laying hints and clues about his plans for months. Much like he was laying down hints about the arrival of the Valkyr for weeks before Anthyn actually arrived.He has made countless posts that not only to hint that he had plans, but also indicating these plans had something to do with the Islets, and by extension, Xa-Koro. He made posts like this all over. In Kumu, a few in Ko. Posts in GD hinting at a larger plan.It isn't EW's fault you didn't bother to read any of them. I don't know about anyone else, but I keep track of everything that might affect me or my characters in some way. Which means I keep track of the Oceanic Six, I keep track of Bad Company, I keep track of the Peers. I keep track of the Daedra, hey, I even keep track of the Maasi. Though the latter mostly because it's inevitable I'll have to arrest them. :PAnd even if EW wasn't laying hints, he's had everything approved ahead of time. It's important to the plot. Does Nuju have the authority to do it? You bet he does. But where's the fun if Nuju always does the explosions?Anyone here know Kohra? Vortixx? Been causing large scale damage in almost every Koro? No one complains if she does attacks and you weren't involved, now do they?

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG