Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Well, it's a good thing EW isn't using excuses, now isn't it?
Hiemalis fighting --> Pala-Koro HQ hut magically triggers a secondary explosion that Hiemalis' opponent is suddenly bunnied onto.
Whether you like it or not, EW has been laying hints and clues about his plans for months. Much like he was laying down hints about the arrival of the Valkyr for weeks before Anthyn actually arrived.
Yes. Still, none of my characters would actually have heard of these people IC unless I forced them out of their plots and onto that one. Which I simply won't do.
He has made countless posts that not only to hint that he had plans, but also indicating these plans had something to do with the Islets, and by extension, Xa-Koro. He made posts like this all over. In Kumu, a few in Ko. Posts in GD hinting at a larger plan.
If I ever go durr-hurr-big-plot for a month and then shove it in your faces that behind-the-scenes I've been working to blow up Ta-Koro and you all better acknowledge that, I ask someone - anyone - to kick me in the shin.
It isn't EW's fault you didn't bother to read any of them.
And it's not our fault if we choose not to have our characters walk off and throw themselves at the Peer's doorstep. Heuani and the Rahkshi and the Parakuka and the Chronicler's Company and stuff are already running behind-the-scenes stuff that we can't do anything about and can't "track down" just like that. IIRC, I remember reading that these Peers, and the Cultured Gentry, and other such groups have their hidden-hidey places that only they can find, so it's basically invite-only. That's a deterrent to even bother trying to find them. It's like the secret club we had in kindergarten. Of course everyone had to know we were a secret club, and of course everyone had to know we were doing big stuff that only a few were invited in on; but in the end we didn't really do anything exciting, and we weren't really open for new members that we would not treat like our underlings. Villain groups tend to be like that, so I haven't bothered. If the Peers are different, then have an apology from me in advance, but meh this sentence is done now.
I don't know about anyone else, but I keep track of everything that might affect me or my characters in some way. Which means I keep track of the Oceanic Six, I keep track of Bad Company, I keep track of the Peers. I keep track of the Daedra, hey, I even keep track of the Maasi. Though the latter mostly because it's inevitable I'll have to arrest them. :P
Whoop for you, then. Personally, I don't have time nor care to follow every plot. Trying to spin my head around everyone that is/might be affiliated with the ILF, for example, takes a lot of time, and eventually I stopped trying there as well.
And even if EW wasn't laying hints, he's had everything approved ahead of time. It's important to the plot. Does Nuju have the authority to do it? You bet he does. But where's the fun if Nuju always does the explosions?
Hey, after the idea came up IC, I got permission to throw the ILF and whomever else wanted to join at the Nui-Rama hive. The result was a massive battle with plenty of people involved; even some villains too. In the end countless Rama were killed, a major Wahi feature removed, and character injuries aplenty. There were some complaining back then too, particularly for the reason that one staff char brutalized so many PCs. Note that. The Rama were fine, the Rahkshi were fine, but once the opposition boiled down to one character, there was a bit of murmuring; staff or not. It is mostly because suddenly everyone feels impotent, and because a plot involving one player dominating the rest is not as exciting. The destruction of the Kumu will likely be one big scene-setting post and then an explosion, because the plan's current nature basically means that it cannot be A behind-the-scenes organization that plots the island's destruction might seem fine on paper, but how many people are actively involved with the plot there? If it's at least 10 players plotting the Kumu's demise it'll sit a bit better with me than if it's just 1 player with the plan and some folks lurking expectantly around in his shadow, y'see.
Anyone here know Kohra? Vortixx? Been causing large scale damage in almost every Koro?No one complains if she does attacks and you weren't involved, now do they?
I haven't raised my voice before, but yes, I do find some problem with a single PC doing major damage to locations. That is exactly the kind of stuff we regular players are not supposed to do. I'd have been more fine with it if that single PC performs a terrorist attack from permission, but then get actually hunted down and torn limb from limb soon after, like we would do with any other attacker.List the attacks, by the way. I haven't kept myself up to date on all of those either. Sorry for not paying attention, I guess?

Ill address Kohra. No one reacts b/c no one reads. I did a lot of jumping and shouting for Veef on my own when onu-koro got party crashed, or when the avalanche in ko happened. As for the rest of the stuff, ESP concerning the islets:I'm wholly for blowing them to smithereens. Lets get it done. Use a halo array if we have to. The point is, this game DOES have a main plot. There's the allowance for a sandbox world, which is great, but at its core this is an rpg. AKA, there a dm/gm/god sitting on top having to create new and exciting things to throw at the adventurers. Getting this genocide and explosion ( did I hear those things right? I haven't read yet), is a perfect example of how a gm should run the game. By gm I mean Nuju -- he's just outsourced the actual labor. Smart man.

Katuko, I am going to be blunt. This actually applies to several people, but you are the only one who has outright stated a reason why you haven't read up on things.If you haven't the time or the care to keep up with things outside of your own little plots, then you have no right to complain when someone pulls a major move outside of them. If you can't be bothered to keep track of anything that doesn't directly pertain to you, then you have no room to talk and complain when someone decides to do something with GM permission.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I'd like to hear the new developments from Nuju first rather than EW even if he happens to be the chosen vehicle of plot-advancement. Nuju posts something, I catch it, and I usually roll with it. EW posts something... he's supposedly a regular player, y'know?To use myself again: The ILF has been on the island for a long time OOC now. A lot of players involved. Both the hive destruction and the current battle going on has drawn some attention both in Le-Wahi, and in this topic. However, I do not bat an eyelid when someone asks who the ILF is, or wonder what the heck a village is doing at Lake Pala, or perhaps aren't even aware that the hive is gone now. It's just how such a big RPG works.

I'm wholly for blowing them to smithereens. Lets get it done. Use a halo array if we have to. The point is, this game DOES have a main plot. There's the allowance for a sandbox world, which is great, but at its core this is an rpg. AKA, there a dm/gm/god sitting on top having to create new and exciting things to throw at the adventurers. Getting this genocide and explosion ( did I hear those things right? I haven't read yet), is a perfect example of how a gm should run the game. By gm I mean Nuju -- he's just outsourced the actual labor. Smart man.
The problem is that it can't really be both a sandbox and have an all-encompassing plot all at once. Either every player needs to be dragged into the staff plot through direct action such as this, or the fancy plots need to not interfere too sharply with the players' sandbox plots.Just... don't say it's a sandbox and then force our attention to the bulldozer rolling over everything; and don't say it's a story-driven RPG and then make it run by three ants running under the sand itself... if that metaphor works. Edited by Katuko

VF is a regular player. Biobeast is a regular player. Yet both of them have performed major terrorist attacks IC with staff permission.I challenge you to name a single player who has been around for a while you isn't at least aware that the ILF exists. And new players don't know because it is a major change from what they might be familiar with. That example doesn't work. This may be a big RPG, but it's a small community.In fact, a game can be both sandbox and RPG. Not on computers or video game systems, but here it can. Everything outside of the main plot has always been sandbox, more or less. Do the two intersect? You bet they do. Because that's what makes this a community game. Plots intersect, plots slam into each other with lasting damage on both.If you don't want other actions interfering with your plots, write an epic.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

VF is a regular player. Biobeast is a regular player. Yet both of them have performed major terrorist attacks IC with staff permission.
Yes, and they are, like EW, apparently hired in to do so; or ask and are given permission. I'm just wondering what will be left of the island, and if it will even be enjoyable to play when you're not part of the attacks.
I challenge you to name a single player who has been around for a while you isn't at least aware that the ILF exists. And new players don't know because it is a major change from what they might be familiar with. That example doesn't work. This may be a big RPG, but it's a small community.
It has shrunk since I started, as well, partly because of RPG fatigue. Basilisk, for example, got fed up and dropped out - at least for a while - due in part to what he described as "the random for the evulz bandwagon".
In fact, a game can be both sandbox and RPG. Not on computers or video game systems, but here it can. Everything outside of the main plot has always been sandbox, more or less. Do the two intersect? You bet they do. Because that's what makes this a community game. Plots intersect, plots slam into each other with lasting damage on both.
I have nothing against interaction, or plots colliding, or people bringing their stuff to the table. Otherwise I would not even be here. I do have something against a handful of players majorly changing the game world. Staff permission puts in in a different light, but it is not always a light I view with joy. I prefer staff to be staff and players to be players; however skilled they may be. I prefer major locations to be torn down or constructed by a horde of players, or alternately mixed up directly by staff.But like AlchemistMayCry so nicely described it: If you tear down everything, there is not much left. If everyone is directly affected by the staff plot, then their separate plots have to converge and mold themselves to fit a lot quicker.
If you don't want other actions interfering with your plots, write an epic.
Interesting. That's what I usually tell people who want their plots to run over someone else's. :)

I am at home.And no, read more carefully. I just want the news to be broken by staff, rather than EW seemingly toting around like he owns the place. I am still miffed about Pala-Koro, you see. Not its destruction - because that is happening as we speak with a major player force doing the work - but how suddenly it was changed from the ground up by EW arriving after a few words exchanged with Ambages and some weeks of silence. You may remember me complaining about non-MN tech like the anti-element generators, and the NPC workforce, and how it was all done in one post (which we stretched over many more IC posts instead, thankfully).Turns out he did have staff permission then, too. But how was I supposed to know? Nobody contacted me and said "yeah, the place your group built is getting refurnished", it was all just "boom, enjoy the new look and the gameplay that comes with it".This time, at least, we get some direct warning of exactly what will happen; thanks for that. Question, though: IF someone were to actually IC join together and try stopping that explosion from occurring, could it work at all? I said earlier that I'd rather see the Kumu Islets get leveled by staff-controlled (or staff-permitted) Bohrok or Rahkshi rather than just blown up with swamp gas. The former allows a big fight, at least. The latter just... happens, sorta.---And trust me, Kray, the only thing actually keeping me in-game is my involvement with the ILF. Would feel bad just abandoning that stuff, y'know.

Nobody even likes Xa-koro, I'm really not sure why this even matters to you. Considering you really have next to no involvement in Xa-koro. If you really, really want a heads up on this stuff well quite frankly you should just pm Nuju your worries instead of making these big long arguments in here. Cause quite frankly, most of us are quite tired of all the whining!

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

I agree with Alchemist wholeheartedly. I tried to make a team of heroes.We all know how THAT turned out. I'm trying to fix it, but I doubt heroes (particularly my team) will be wanted as much as awesome villains.I have no problems with the explosion. Just don't get ticked at me for not being excited. I agree with Snelly. Xa-Koro is the most different thing in this from normal canon, and I have no problems with it being here or gone.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nobody even likes Xa-koro, I'm really not sure why this even matters to you. Considering you really have next to no involvement in Xa-koro. If you really, really want a heads up on this stuff well quite frankly you should just pm Nuju your worries instead of making these big long arguments in here. Cause quite frankly, most of us are quite tired of all the whining!
I like Xa-Koro...When it's gone, I don't know what Lohkar's Tortuga-analogue will be...

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

I like Xa-Koro...When it's gone, I don't know what Lohkar's Tortuga-analogue will be...
It's simple: we get several Toa of Earth to make a new island, and he can do nothing on it instead. (also, I like Xa-Koro too. And not just because I own the most active location ever to appear in it)- Vorex

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Nobody even likes Xa-koro, I'm really not sure why this even matters to you. Considering you really have next to no involvement in Xa-koro.
I already said I don't care about Xa-Koro. But I do care if it sets a precedent for what might happen to other locations; and indeed it already has, through the various terrorist actions. This time it seems will be nothing left to salvage, however.
If you really, really want a heads up on this stuff well quite frankly you should just pm Nuju your worries instead of making these big long arguments in here.
It doesn't concern just me and Nuju. Me making a private conversation is kinda what I said I don't like about the terrorist permissions.
Cause quite frankly, most of us are quite tired of all the whining!
Then I might ask you to do the same as I was told earlier, about the pregnancy thing: Don't read or respond to what you don't like. But you can't just ignore someone throwing up a storm, can you? Just as little as I can apparently ignore a region getting wiped off the map.But fine, let's discuss something entirely different. Edited by Katuko

I've been thinking. A BZPRPG version of the Brethren Court...I can tell it would either be absolutely awesome or horribly awful. Thoughts?
I can tell it will be horribly inactive. ;)- Vorex

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Well, Seems like I came here and the "discussion" ended. Cool, cause I really would have extended it a bit more. :POn the topic of something else, I have a character who wants to build a group of not-villians-but-not-quite-heroes. Like a commando squad for the island's Guard forces. Any interested at all? :D

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

On the topic of something else, I have a character who wants to build a group of not-villians-but-not-quite-heroes. Like a commando squad for the island's Guard forces. Any interested at all? :biggrin:
I'm interested. PM me with what you have planned so far, I had an idea for something similar and I'm wondering how compatible the ideas are.- Vorex

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

On the topic of something else, I have a character who wants to build a group of not-villians-but-not-quite-heroes. Like a commando squad for the island's Guard forces. Any interested at all? :biggrin:
I'm interested. PM me with what you have planned so far, I had an idea for something similar and I'm wondering how compatible the ideas are.- Vorex
As am I. I have a few ideas for such a thing - similar to Torchwood, perhaps...I'd love to hear what you've got planned :)

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Well, Seems like I came here and the "discussion" ended. Cool, cause I really would have extended it a bit more. :POn the topic of something else, I have a character who wants to build a group of not-villians-but-not-quite-heroes. Like a commando squad for the island's Guard forces. Any interested at all? :D
EW you foolDo you realize that I have a toa of Gravity who won't have any qualms about eating the Four Peers for breakfast in Kumu right now?And if you do get to the mainland, there's always Zharuk and Co. And Siris, the Infintiy Blade expy. And Ira, the Makuta Pyromaniac. And Merla, the wannabe hero. And Geno, and Zaeron, and Terzak, and Dyzaera, and a whole bunch of my characters who would be more than happy to put a stop in your plans.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahajajahajajajahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah!I haven't laughed this much in a long, loooong Time.
No, [just] the Kumu Islets. Then set fire to civilization on the mainland of Mata Nui.
Lolwut?
Does anyone remember how EW's been saying he wasn't going to blow up a major locations this time around? Because that was a filthy, filthy lie, good sir!:P
Agreed.
I have my reasons for wanting Kumu out of the equation. Maybe because there will be a different location topic in its place next year, or something.EW just seemed like the best person for the job, given his track record. :P
I do hope we get another location: we need another convienent place for all our scum and villainy to hide in. But please don'T have EW blow it up; that's gotten quite repetitive.
EW, I think you should get over yourself. A little bit. Maybe an inch. Then it'll be so much better.Next, i think you should let people get involved with the plot; With a set ending of your plan coming to fruit, but differently due to interaction;As an example, Like how people were given 'applications' for the Ancora.Finally, I don't have a problem with something as big as this; Once again, though, I think it should take way more than 6 players in this plot - It's way too big.
Players of the BZPRPG, I beg a moment of your time.Speaking as someone who's seen EW at work for a few years now, I can say with certainty that how events have played out now is the same way events play out every year. Allow me to present you with a short timeline:1. EW announces he has an awesomesauce plot that will blow your mind, and he's inviting you to be a part of it. "Come join!" he says. "It will be so much fun!"2. Nobody pays attention.3. A few months later, EW repeats his call. "Join me in this fabulous plot! It's going to be amazing!"4. Nobody pays attention.5. Later in the year, EW's plot starts to pick up speed, and people realize it's going to affect a huge part of the game.6. People complain that EW did his own thing and didn't allow anyone else the chance to be a part of his epic plot.This happens every time, and, frankly, I'm sick of it. There were many chances for people to join in this plot. There were hints and clues all over the place as to what EW was planning. And, in case you were confused, this was pre-approved. Do you really think Nuju would allow anyone to get away with blowing up a game location without his express permission?The answer is no. If Nuju didn't want this to happen, he would shut it down.In short, stop complaining, and enjoy the tale that a master storyteller is spinning.
Ah. This reminds me of the good 'old days when I had no clue whatsoever who was the big man on campus, and I joined Stannis's companions in the very beginning. That was really fun and awesome, until Nuju kicked the companions out for the "Chosen Ones" idea :/Edit: @gravity: I'm interested as well, just PM me. Edited by Bulik

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

VF is a regular player. Biobeast is a regular player. Yet both of them have performed major terrorist attacks IC with staff permission.
Yes, and they are, like EW, apparently hired in to do so; or ask and are given permission. I'm just wondering what will be left of the island, and if it will even be enjoyable to play when you're not part of the attacks.
I can only really speak for my plots, but I had to bargain quite a bit to get away with as much damage as I did and I made sure that the attacks had solid planning beforehand, which usually took place over two weeks or more. Plus if another PC had decided to get on these cases and follow the leads they could stop Kohra if they put some effort into it. That only has happened since the Ko-Koro attack, which was immediately outdone in damage by an even bigger avalanche dropped on the village. So, I can only go with what EW said and repeat that you just have to follow the clues and eventually have your chars step in to stop the bad guys...And I don't know about you, but I find it greatly enjoyable to hunt down a bad guy. That's what I did in the last iteration of the game with Tuck and it was some of the best playing with Agni apart from the whole plot I had with the Mask.Just my two cents, hope this discussion blows over quickly.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Well, Seems like I came here and the "discussion" ended. Cool, cause I really would have extended it a bit more. :POn the topic of something else, I have a character who wants to build a group of not-villians-but-not-quite-heroes. Like a commando squad for the island's Guard forces. Any interested at all? :biggrin:
Could I join in, I have this "mercenary"-ish character who I'd like to see some action, you and Auron have already met him. So long as you and Auron at least give me a friggin response so I'm not stuck in the desert anymore.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

I'm just going to respond to one thing I read earlier:EW is under no compulsion to tell us just what he's doing, because we aren't the mods. Nuju is in charge, and Nuju preapproved it, so that's all you need to worry about there. And, as mentioned, he's been leaving hints everywhere.As well, again, I'm saying this: If the plot blows up in your face, fine. Take it for what it is: A chance at characterization and storytelling. Otherwise, don't whine. Like I said, I'm certainly not going to cater if you don't care to pay attention to what's happening.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

It's 1/11/2012 for me, so I don't care.Besides, my Australia-ness does not really care much for Halloween.Those little kids who knocked at my door for candy which i didn't have and refused biscuits because: 'Biscuits are boring'? I'LL SHOW THEM ALL!
HOW DARE THEY REFUSE THE BISCUITS, BISCUITS ARE AWESOME!*Ahem* Guys it's not EW's fault you didn't pay attention to his plot or the posts he made in discussion, quite whining at him about it. Also if any of you listened to the Podcast we often brought up stuff about EW's plots, so yeah there was another source. The stuff was put out there, it's not his fault you didn't see it. The thing is EW's plot are not an application sort of thing, they're something your character needs to just flow into via interaction. It's how all of my characters became involved, I learned my lesson during the NBZP after following his plots tangentially. This year I decided to be more proactive and interacted with his characters if I got a chance. That's how you get into his plots, not by some application but by interaction.If you're still interested in joining why don't you just PM him, who knows he may have a role up his sleeve for you.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

It's 1/11/2012 for me, so I don't care.Besides, my Australia-ness does not really care much for Halloween.Those little kids who knocked at my door for candy which i didn't have and refused biscuits because: 'Biscuits are boring'? I'LL SHOW THEM ALL!
January 11?
No, November 1st, just think like this: day/month/year Edited by Kopakamidak

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

January 11?
...He's Australian, not American. The dates are different.The first of November.- Vorex

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Real shame about this group.Not that they're on a part of the world that is soon to explode, but because they haven't really been active.It would be really cool if we were all more active, I really like the group's chemistry with each other, and I think the Horde could really be a force to be reckoned with simply by being around more often.

Edited by We Are Legion

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

Real shame about this group.Not that they're on a part of the world that is soon to explode, but because they haven't really been active.It would be really cool if we were all more active, I really like the group's chemistry with each other, and I think the Horde could really be a force to be reckoned with simply by being around more often.
So much this.

A moment of silence.

Edited by Bordakh Unit 227

XDI've been thinking. A BZPRPG version of the Brethren Court...I can tell it would either be absolutely awesome or horribly awful. Thoughts?
I don't know how that would work out. However, IMO, it sounds pretty awesome. ;)
HOW DARE THEY REFUSE THE BISCUITS, BISCUITS ARE AWESOME!*Ahem* Guys it's not EW's fault you didn't pay attention to his plot or the posts he made in discussion, quite whining at him about it. Also if any of you listened to the Podcast we often brought up stuff about EW's plots, so yeah there was another source. The stuff was put out there, it's not his fault you didn't see it.The thing is EW's plot are not an application sort of thing, they're something your character needs to just flow into via interaction. It's how all of my characters became involved, I learned my lesson during the NBZP after following his plots tangentially. This year I decided to be more proactive and interacted with his characters if I got a chance. That's how you get into his plots, not by some application but by interaction.If you're still interested in joining why don't you just PM him, who knows he may have a role up his sleeve for you.
Right. When it comes to EW, he always has something big up his sleeve. Us, the other players, should really pay attention to his actions more if we would like to know what's going on. If we did, I think there'd be a little less complaining. Edited by Toa Xemnas of Crystal