BIONIFIGHT ULTIMATE: DRIFT FORCE

Voltex

Two OOC things...

One: LMS on Furnace is going to be super fun

Two: I might begin concept work for a "Harm Enhancements" update, more info forthcoming

IC 20

Fishers' swarm of objects prevented Chro from continuing his attack (but did not hurt him, due to the shield and shadow hands).

Instead he backed off, turning to swim towards Voxumo, whom he wished to ally with. Chro kept a wary eye out in case anyone decided to attack him.

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

-==Colette - HP: 10/20==-

"Can we actually challenge him...?" Colette asked, noticing that Chro was swimming toward Voxumo, who still had his Drift Force weapon, and she had vivid memories of the last times they fought... And how she kept dying to those weapons. None-the-less, however, she fired off three bullets at Chro, and then attempted to duck behind some of the rubble, grabbing her braid so as to not be seen.

IC: Phoenix Zero (17/20)

"Well, too late now...." Phoenix Zero muttered, switching his saber to buster forme, following suit with firing three energy sheets, and hid behind the same rubble as Colette, also pulling back his massive, waist-length ponytail. He had heard good things about Ultimate Weapons from the Toa who took his place when Zero received his upgrades.... And that they could be devastating if used at the right time. Drift Force Weapons were probably similar... Which meant they had to stay away from Voxumo as much as possible.

Edited by Phoenix Zero

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

IC: TBK [20/20]

The blade was a millisecond too slow and bounced off Chro's shield, much to TBK's dismay. He frowned as Chro retialiated with light bolts, most of which he deflected with both his shields. Unfortunately, they didn't quite provide full body protection. [19/20]

Chro managed to slip away as TBK swam to the ocean floor and retrieved his blade. After locking it back in place, he began a pursuit of Chro, staying far enough behind as not to be attacked again.

TBK was an opportunist, to say the least.

sig8.png

IC: I floated next to a wall with a hole in it. Apparently me and TBK's attacks had been enough to drive off Chro, but not to defeat him. I saw  TBK leave after Chro, knowing that such a move would likely end up with him dead. 

Still, given that Chro defeated Pupwa, the entire game would now be focused on beating him. This sounded like a good idea - Chro was the biggest threat, at 20 health and with the most power. None of the newly revived players would prevent me from winning the round, unless I got killed, so the best bet was to take down those with more health than I. That is, if I could survive it. Mentally, I laid out my options: 

1. Attack Chro myself. 

2. Make an attempt to ally with other players (which would have to happen if Chro were to ally with Voxumo, in order to cut them down). 

3. Stop Chro from allying with Vox. 

4. Attack Voxumo myself. 

5. Mixture of 2, 3, and 4 - rally the other players to stop Vox's and Chro's alliance. 

6. Wait for everyone else to catch on to 5, if they haven't already, and stay out of the possibly health-draining fight. 

I scowled. Swimming away from the hole, I saw Pupwa's dead corpse, and I smashed it to bits in irritation. Then I saw a hammer floating nearby - Pupwa's rocket sledge, minus rockets. I put mine on my back, and took the dead being's hammer in hand. Then I saw Chro pass by the building I destroyed earlier, and I began to get a shadow of a plan. 

[10/20]: I need something that can defeat a Shadow Hand, like a being that can fire light spears...Where is Ehks?

IC 20

Failing to get a response from Vox, Chro decided to just go ahead and deal with... all the other players.

After absorbing a series of shots and a barrage of magnetism, Chro's pair of shadow hands were wearing thin. They vanished, replaced with two semicircles of light. These swiftly morphed into halves of a large orb, with which Chro encircled himself - as well as Voxumo. Let's hope this pays off.

Now cocooned inside his hard-light sphere, safe (if only brielfy), Chro scanned the battlefield to see his enemies regrouping: Colette and Phoenix, Fishers and TBK, and Luroka...

Suddenly, a red-metal dagger embedded itself in the light shield. A series of rocks smashed into the surface of the hard-light as well. The shield would barely last twenty seconds if this kept up. Think quick. Move quicker.

As there were long and dark shadows cast by the glow of the sphere, Chro's next task became easier; he began to manipulate the darkness surrounding the center of the battlefield, moving it in such a way that he hoped to obfuscate the view (and disturb the coordination) of his competitors, buying himself time to form a better plan.

E: Edited to reflect the latest posts from TBK and Fishers

Edited by Chro

but their spirits

IC: a one-up lands on me (10/20). "Strange" I thought. "This is a very strange world for me." I swim and notice Colette. I nod in hopes that she will know that I do not want to fight her. Yet. I notice everyone is attacking Chro, so I decide to join in and swing my Giant Zanbato sword while his defenses are down ( those who know what those are, they are really huge) and start to attack Chro.

OOC: So I was floating around for a while.

Edited by The Rider of Kikanalo

Mario-Party-DS-Waluigi_zps2e5b569e.png

Thanks Photobucket. Love you too.

IC: a one-up lands on me (10/20). "Strange" I thought.

It is very strange, considering the fact that you caught the third of two 1-Ups. ;)

IC 20

The light shield shattered all at once as Luroka lay his blade into the shell, clipping Chro as well and knocking him back. [19]

Recovering as rapidly as he was able, Chro recoiled behind his shield, locked in a defensive position. He thrust his open hand towards his nemesis, hurling forth a wide-headed column of solid light to push Luroka away.

(Picture this attack as a large mushroom, or capital letter T, designed to catch Luroka and get him out of range.)

Edited by Chro

but their spirits

three two one

Failing to get a response from Vox

IC 19

Chro gritted his teeth and moved backwards, aiming to shelter behind some rubble. He began to reform his hard-light shield, readying the energies of Rhindon's dark side (which had been dormant for the past... ten seconds) to blind Luroka.

Edited by Chro
  • Upvote 1

but their spirits

IC: Zakaro (HP: 20/20)

"What is with everyone and ganging up on each other? In my day we just smacked everybody around, without caring who was who and-oh Ruki, I just went into old-man mode.."

As Zakaro trailed off into silence from whatever nonsense he was talking about, he launched himself off the side of a building, reaching out for TBK's leg in the hopes of grabbing him to be able to deal some actual damage. From experience, he knew that getting hit with blunt objects underwater didn't have much effect unless you were stopped from floating backwards.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC 19
Chro's shield was destroyed by Fishers' hammer. He backpedaled, raising his physical shield once more to block the inevitable follow-up, and hefted Rhindon. Not afraid to fight dirty, he then attempted to create a sphere of darkness, wrapped around his opponent's head to distract her.

E: I must now operate a motor vehicle in the dark for at least an hour and a half. Will check in later. Don't kill me, please. ;)

Edited by Chro

but their spirits

IC: (Snubby, health 20/20)

Snubby turned around to see Ehks swimming toward him. He raised his sword in defense of a blow, but instead Ehks emitted several glubbing noises of absolute gibberish. Well maybe not completely; he could make out 'don't kill me' and 'we can kill other people'. Snubby tried to say something, but it came out as glubbing noises as well. Hopefully in a tone of ascent.

• Upvote 1

2xu8Ptu.png

IC: I go though Chro's shield and hit the floor of the ocean, kicking up a bit of sea silt. Meanwhile, my two "sheilds" slam together in front of me. I don't know whether I hit my opponent with them, though, though it has to be - my field of vision is getting darker...maybe lighter now?

[10/20]: Perhaps the sight of a SmartCar driving toward the sky is the last thing I will ever see...

IC: 10/20

I nodded at Snubby, and pointed at the dark field below, where everyone else was.

"Maybe we can find some other folks to help us kill other folks? Chro seems a bit ridiculously overpowered right now compared to all of us...kinda...not really. He hasn't been hurt much and hasn't died. And has a fancy weapon."

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC 19

Chro dodged Luroka's sword just in time to be knocked backwards by one of Fishers' boulders. [18]

He rolled with the hit, continuing to move backwards. Bringing his light shields up again - thicker this time - Chro fired a storm of shadow bolts at Luroka and Fishers. Nobody else was attacking him at the moment, so it would be best to focus on those two alone.

but their spirits

Chro seems a bit ridiculously overpowered right now compared to all of us...kinda...not really.

Could be worse, but I made the mistake of nerfing my actual power.

IC 18

Oh, here comes Luroka.

Chro steeled himself against the rubble as Luroka slammed into his shield sword-first. He focused all of his energy into the hard-light shields, which took a significant amount of effort but proved to be effective, so long as Luroka just kept swinging.

Borrowing an Ehks tactic, Chro swiftly projected spikes from the surface of the hard-light wall. The shadow edge of Rhindon was charging up again.

(As for the hard-light spikes, there's no "slow-growing defenses" here - picture the activation of a lightsaber. Except, you know, spikes sticking out of a shield. Better get back, Luroka.)

Edited by Chro

but their spirits

IC: While most of the shadow bolts went over my head and hit the boulders in front of me, I got hit. [9/10] Well, not that I was going to win this round anyway. I roll with the blow, doing a backflip, and bringing the boulders back towards me, adjusting them to repel the barrage. Telekinectists worst fear: blindness. Great, this being can do it both ways. 

[9/10]: I throw Pupwa's hammer at the shield. I adjust the telekinetic boulders in front of me, bringing more in from the collapsed building and tossing in more, hoping to knock the shields down or otherwise injure my opponent. 

Edited by fishers64

IC 18

And that makes three... [19] fantastic.

Although the shield was the sole focus of Chro's light power at the moment, it still could not stand for long against Luroka's blade and Fishers' boulders. Oh, and Pupwa's hammer. Near cracking, feeling the pressure, he decided to take the opposite approach.

With a yell, Chro shattered the hard-light shield into numerous smaller pieces, which he instantly projected outwards, high-speed hard-light flying directly towards Luroka and Fishers. Some of Fishers' rocks made it through the wall, which slowed Chro down a bit, as did a cut or two from Luroka's blade. [17] However, not wasting any time after shaking it off, he formed a protective cloak of shadow around himself, as well as the beginnings of a shadow hand, which grew in size and strength as it absorbed the boulders and Pupwa's hammer.

Edited by Chro

but their spirits

OOC: WHat happened in the first par,t with the 19? =P

-==Colette - 10/20==-

Frowning, Colette looked out from behind cover, trying to fire off different bullets at Chro quickly, not liking the looks of that shadow hand.

My actual power (which is, IMO, underpowered, considering Rider's contrasting ability): regenerating one point of health for every three points of non-Ultimate Weapon damage I deal.

IC 17

Luckily, the bullets were caught and destroyed by Chro's shadow aura; he became alerted to the presence of Colette, and continued to back further into the rubble so as to cut off her line of sight (and aim) towards himself.

The shadow hand was now strong enough for Chro to use it offensively. He reached out and attempted to grasp Luroka.

Edited by Chro

but their spirits

IC: Phoenix Zero: (17/20)

Chro sent more shadow aura at their hiding spot, blocking his vision and Colette's. Growling, Phoenix Zero struggled to think of a plan... Until he realized he could copy powers.

....Since electricity is useless underwater....... Let's have some fun, shall we?

A small orb of light popped out of the robotic warrior's hand and soon dissipated. With a hearty chuckle, he placed that hand on the shadow crawling through the crevices, and watched as they were soon absorbed and vanished, restoring his and Colette's vision. However, more importantly, the blade of Phoenix Zero's saber suddenly became a dark purple, imbued with the power of shadows.

"I've got this!" he called out to Colette, stabbing his saber straight into the ground. Soon, tendrils of darkness began to make their way through the ground, and attempted to wrap themselves around Chro's feet, also aiming to hold back the arm with the shadow hand. 

Edited by Phoenix Zero

I don't want to no-sell you, but you're using shadow on a guy who controls shadow. ;) It's like when Infernum tried to kill me (made of fire at the time) with a blast of flame last time around. Okay.

Also, are you trying to make Luroka and Fishers kill me? What happened to the whole honorable duel thing you had going with other people? :P (Just kidding. I'm far from honorable in this game. Mostly.)

IC 17

Chro glanced down, seeing tendrils of darkness wrap around his ankles. Before he could break free of them, another wrapped around his arm as well. His movement was hindered, though he knew that by gradually exerting his own force upon the shadows from Phoenix, he could keep from being fully immobilized.

Mentally picturing sweeping his arm swiftly, Chro brought the shadow hand smashing through the buildings (hopefully taking Luroka along with it), aiming to knock aside as many people as possible, whether or not he held Luroka being of minor consequence at this point.

Edited by Chro

but their spirits

IC: I try to summon Pupwa's hammer back. No luck. I see Chro retreat back into the rubble. 

Fortunately for me, Chro's attacks aren't hitting me, thanks to the rocks, but him smashing buildings is giving me more ammo. I decide to use a new approach. Concentrating, I allow my boulder shield to fall and become fixed, and then pull rubble, stacking it up around Chro. I use girders and beams in addition to rocks. While all that would likely do is slow him down, it might buy me time to come up with a new plan. 

[9/10]: Kneeling behind my collapsed-ish rock shield. 

OOC: I'm actually calling out on that, simply having manipulation over an element does not always grant you full immunity. Just look at Blade's character, she controls electricity, but was still damaged when I copied the lightning and used it against her.

It was more justifiable in the last game, since you BECAME fire.... But Unless Voltex says otherwise, I think you should have at least had SOME trouble dealing with shadow based attacks.

IC:TBK (19/20)

Well, he wasn't doing a lot of damage. He retrieved his blade again before it floated down past him, all the while charging up his second blade to a red-hot glow for yet another "opportune" moment. He watched Chro until he was vulnerable again, and it came moments after as Chro lunged with his shadow hand. He took aim --

-- then something latched around his ankle.

And he wasn't expecting it: he jerked and let out a small yelp as he instinctively swiped his burning blade toward Zakaro's arm as he hung onto TBK's leg.

OOC: Sorry for all the edits. This dang phone keypad.

Edited by TBK

sig8.png

IC: Voxumo Hp: 10/20

Voxumo rolled his shoulders as he turned towards chro, who has been swimming towards him while he tried to gain his bearings. Offering the fighter a tip of his top hat that was all the sign chro should need to realize their old alliance was back in action. He turned his focus to the location at which Chro had just attack, or a better term would be smashed, and placing his feet against a bit of rubble, he attempted to propel himself towards that group, all the while keeping his rifle level at his shoulder as he fired off exactly two rounds at Colette, hoping that his added speed from the propulsion would make up for the reduction water tended to cause to a bullets speed, or any projectile for that matter.

• Upvote 1

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Shadow Blaze {Health 20/20}

What happend?... Oh, that's right, the bubble burst and all Krazahni broke loose. Then suddenly, part of a building fell on me and knocked me out. Well time to cut myself out.

As she tries to cut herself out she accidentally cut herself. I could of just cut the top of the piece of rubble to lessen the weight... BAKA!

Shadow Blaze slips out from the rubble and goes to find a more suitable place with a vantage spot.

Status: Finding out what the kraz has been happening {Health: 19/20}

OOC:

Please don't attack me too much. I'm never on when any of you guys are. As you can imagine... IT SUCKS LIKE KRAZAHNI!!

~Just call me Shadow_Ignited~

Alright, sorry about that, JiMing. Post edited.

IC 17

Fishers' rocks started landing around Chro. Dropping the poor excuse for a shadow shield, he took up the hard-light tactic again, holding his metal shield upwards to aid it. The shadow hand gradually began to weaken as his concentration shifted, but remained present; he moved his arm around as best as he could, attempting to crush Fishers' stone wall (and Fishers herself).

Edited by Chro

but their spirits