Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Exxan - Gym.

"Hello Melody," I said, taking a deep breath, "I'm Exxan." I waited for the running, the screaming, the accusations of murder. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Mahrika

Gymnasium

Mahrika shook Squid's hand. "I was at your diplomacy class. A sorely-needed lesson for this school if there ever was one." He turned back to Rain. "That's one way of putting it." To Squid, he explained: "She got arrested for probably a lot of things, I was mistaken for some other silver Rahk who stole some food. We had a not-so-nice time as inmates." 

A moment passed, and Mahrika realized what he'd just said. He stared at Squid, wondering whether to accuse them of the crime he'd been arrested for.

IC Vir

Vir's Dormitory

"What? Captured? Do you think we should go to Suvak?"

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

IC: Sidonas = Gym

Sidonas had been sitting in the back, watching the whole thing unfold. Someone had brought in the murderer, and he saw Fang pull someone back after they had claimed responsibility for the whole event, even though all they did was bash some doors. He wondered if Recoil was in the crowd somewhere...

Then again, he could sense the turmoil and fear and murder accusations in the air. It was chaotic.

I wonder what will become of the killer? Maybe Tridax will simply give him a punishment.

Or kill him.

Yes, that is possible, but maybe, like Exxan, he could live?

Tridax is going to kill him, Exxan only killed one Rahk, he killed two.

Do you ever think about how the worst punishments are the ones brought on us by guilt?

I prefer pain and suffering.

You are horrible. Can't you see any good in anyone, even if it is minuscule?

Everyone must pay for their crimes.

We stole. By your logic we should have deserved death!

True. But we didn't die.

You make no sense.

Neither do you.

Sidonas had had enough of this banter with himself, he needed to just keep quiet and hope whoever had made accusations hadn't seen him trying to counter their work.

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

IC: "And there we have it!" Tridax declared, "Testimonies from three individuals," he pointed at Shark, Pyre and Xara, who had all pointed the finger at Zex in one way or another, "who all admit that this one Rahkshi has committed fratricide amongst his fellow students twice over."

The slowly awakening Zex was magnetically hoisted up onto Tridax's stage, which instantly started morphing beneath the student. It formed a crude X shape behind Zex, with one of his limbs held on each bar of the cross. Half-conscious and splayed out, Zex was clearly helpless.

"Now," Tridax continued, "I speak directly to the mystery author of the notes I am sure many of you have noticed. They accuse me of being a tyrant who does nothing to stop the death that occurs here. And I have one question for them: how would you stop it?"

Stairs formed on the stage. Tridax stepped to the side of Zex and gestured towards him with a hand. "Everyone here will form an orderly line. Each individual will approach the convicted and have the chance to take one, and only one, strike against him. Punch him. Kick him. Stab him. Whatever you wish. I will make sure he stays alive so each of you gets a turn. If you wish to do nothing, simply walk right off the stage, you will suffer no repercussions. And thus each of you will get the chance to inflict exactly the justice you think is required. And to you, mystery author, I say only this. Come put your money where your mouth is. You want the death of students to stop? Well, this murderer has already killed two of you..."

He put a hand on Zex's shoulder, and energy like green lightning jolted into the Rahkshi. It was the same Quick Healing that Palma employed only...focused. More potent. It zapped Zex into a state of instant consciousness, all so he could feel everything that was about to be heaped upon him.

"...so come stop him."

Edited by I Am Ultron Six
  • Upvote 4

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Rain - Gym

"Oi! It was those brick-headed rich folk! I did nothing wrong! Well, I'll admit to the doorman... but that was fun. Speaking of fun..."

Rain whipped out her staff and pointed it at Mahrika's throat. "No one insults my paint."

IC: Root - Vir's Dorm

Hah! To the Drillmaster?! A hero has no need of help! Such matters require... a precision Suvak lacks. But Root had read enough books to know what to do!

Root just shook his head. "Y-y-you c-c-can help, if y-y-you like."

'Twould be one way to make amends. Anyone would want to spend time in Root's company.

IC: Zex

Oww. Well. This sucks.

IC: The Brothers

Death:

"This isn't justice. Who knows the truth? What if we are just punishing an innocent."

War thought differently. He ran up to the stage and punched Zex stabbed him then walked away.

Edited by PhoenixFireBlaze

~After they make Styrofoam, what do they ship it in?~

IC: Illusive - Gym. 

I drew Serpent-Fang and charged straight at Zex. The weapon was easily-recognisable; they'd know who I was, know why I'd want him dead. I had no paper or ink on me, no way to connect me to the notes. This had nothing to do with my plan anymore....

This was revenge, plain and simple. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Vir

Vir's Dormitory

Vir was awed and amazed that someone wanted their help. "Yes, sure, of... of course! Where should we look?"

IC Mahrika

Gymnasium

"Excuse me? I've never done such a thing." He tried to push the tip of the staff away.

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

Someone who didn't know who I was? That was pleasant surprise. "Same, I guess...." I was distracted somewhat by Tridax's offer to let us all punish Zex. I wasn't going to step forward. I was no hypocrite. 

IC Kat:

Wow. That was unexpected.

Much as I'd like to give the guy a piece of my mind, I'd prefer to have done so when he could defend himself. So I could beat the karz out of him fairly.

As it was, I shifted uncomfortably where I stood, looking at the others.

The unspoken question hung in the air.

What do we do?

IC: Sidonas - Gym

Sidonas saw Tridax force the killer onto the stage, calling people up to beat him. Sidonas didn't know what to do besides walk away quietly, but he couldn't do that.

He killed people, that I know. But does he really deserve the equivalent of torture? He should be imprisoned or be made to try and make amends, but not this.

Then Sidonas saw someone running at Zex, he didn't know who, but he could see. They had a knife.

Sure, the Rahk would suffer. But death was not what he deserved.

Sidonas turned and walked away, heading back to his Dorm. He couldn't stop the Rahk from being tortured.

But he had other things he had to do. Namely repair the school's currently broken relationship with the school.

When he had entered his dorm, he took a seat, looked at his Codex, and sighed.

IC: Melody-Gym

Melody smiled, than frowned again.  "I-I-I don't th-think this w-w-will work."

IC: Revenge-Gym

Revenge kept on reading his book.

IC: Booger-Gym

Booger swaggered up to Zex.  "Looks like someone got in trouble!  To bad I only get one hit.  I'll have to make it count!"  and with that he swung Ol' Crusty as hard as he could at Zex's gut.

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

IC: The Trinity Brothers, Punch/Counterpunch, and Alpha/3rd Person/Gym

None of the brothers wanted to do anything. They had had enough of doing anything for today. Sure they didn't want any more killing, but this wasn't a good way to solve it. At most, it would probably relieve most of everyone's stress.

Punch, or more rather Counterpunch controlling the body, went up to Zex and uppercutted him.

Alpha stood behind. Going up there would reveal her existence to everyone, including her killer. She wanted to remain unknown to most of the student body for now.

IC: Sidonas - Dorm

Sidonas thought about the whole predicament, about how wrong the whole situation was.

He needed to change it. Someone had to know that what had been done was wrong.

At that he flipped his Codex pages back to the Crossbow Gauntlet. He had built one, surely when he negotiated with the ghosts, he could make another.

Then a feeling came upon him, he didn't know what to call it, but it told him things that he knew had to be done. Some were right, some were not as justified, but he felt that what was right was what had to be done.

First I will make negotiations, then I will see about this slanderer.

At that Sidonas grabbed his things and made for the causeway, hoping to scavenge some supplies.

And find someone interested in negotiations too.

"No.... It isn't going to work." I started walking forwards, stepping around Zex and standing before Tridax. "Sir, I don't think the person who put up those notes is even in here with us." I held up the note - the one instructing students to gather at the Causeway. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Illusive - Gym.

I stopped right in front of Zex, glaring down at him with my blade pressed to his throat. I wanted him to recognise me, to see the hate in my eyes before I finished him off. I wasn't sure what to do. I could eviscerate him with Serpent-Fang, or take his own dagger and stab him through the Kraata case like he'd done to Silencer. But... I didn't want to kill him.

No, I wanted him to suffer. Forever, in agony, living with daily pain. So I knelt down right in front of him, pressed my hand up agaisnt his face, and rammed two of my talons through the eyeslits of his faceplate. I felt warm blood splash my fingers as I drove my claws deeper and deeper into his face, feeling him writhe and groan as I tore away at his vulnerable eyes. 

He screamed, and I laughed, the first sound I'd made in a very long time. 

Finally, I ripped my blood-spattered hands free, flicking his ruined eyes onto the floor. I stomped them into jelly as I strode away, finally content. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick
  • Upvote 2

Zex had not responded to any of the hits. He took the hits willingly, smiling all the way through unless somebody ripped his mouth out.

Then somebody ripped out his eyes.

The feeling of claws in his eyes made him wriggle. His body told him to scream and writhe but he didn't want to.

But his body didn't listen to his mind.

He heard the illusion rahkshi laugh.

Great, now I can't see who I need to kill later. And stupid body. Why did you scream and writhe?

IC: Rain - Gym

Rain was about to answer with some scalding remark when her head snapped around at Tridax's words. She didn't care what this guy did, the chance to beat some helpless guy up was too good to resist. She only nodded absentmindedly to Squid as she let the tip of her staff drop to the floor with a clatter. "Hold that thought," she said to Mahrika.

Now, Rain was never one to hurt others just for their pain. She wasn't that sadistic. There had to be a certain... flair to it. A personality, if you will. She debated on different strikes all the way up the stand and through the line. Finally, her moment had arrived. Her victim was painted in his own blood from the countless ruthless strikes against him. She grinned at him, tapping her staff in contemplation. Yes, that was the one.

With a quick upward swipe at the perfect angle, both spear point and axe dug in underneath his chestplate, ripping deep gouges into his side and nearly tearing off a piece of armor. With her task finished, she strolled offstage as if it were merely another stroke of her brush. Her staff glistened with Rahkshi blood as she approached Sparky.

"So, you were saying?"

IC: Hoto - Gym

Hoto felt sick at Tridax's announcement. No matter what had been done, she couldn't manage to strike him. She could normally tolerate others fighting around her, but the cruel sounds already echoing from the stage repulsed her.

"I'm... just going to wait outside," she mumbled to Kat before stumbling out there. She didn't care if they decided to hurt him, but she didn't want to listen.

IC: Mantis

Mantis was aghast. He had been rooting so much for justice and honor but when it came to doing this... he shook his head. He wasn't ready.

IC: Raptor

Raptor looked at the killer with interest and a smidge of sympathy. Then, without hesitation, he brought out one of his arrows and snapped the tip off. He pulled out some painkiller from his pouch and dipped the arrow in, and laid it on his bow. With one smooth motion, Raptor drew back the bowstring and let the arrow fly, right for Zex's gut. It would only help a little... but it'd be interesting.

IC: Fang - Gym

Fang watched eagerly as Tridax prepared his punishment, just waiting for the moment when the Makuta revealed himself. He could only prove himself a coward or a murderer against such accusations...

Apparently not.

Fang had to admire the logic of such a decision. It seemed the only possible way to derail the tensions. But it frustrated him. He had been waiting for the perfect excuse for all that the note writer had proposed, and Tridax pulled this out of his mask.

But it was the perfect opportunity. This Rahkshi had killed not one, but two others. Only one was condoning his actions as just, and they sounded like a fool. It wasn't even self-defense this time. He was a murderer. Just like Exxan.

Fang's attentions shifted from Tridax to the killer as he walked up to the stage. It was a pity there was only one strike allowed. He had left Venom in his room when he went to help Vaalku, but it would only make this all the more satisfying. His fists flared with plasma as he stepped up to deliver his own punishment. Physical torment for all the mental agony he had endured since Omega had died.

But as he looked into those eyes, torn and broken, only to be put back together, it was not Exxan he saw. He looked down, and the plasma fell from his hands. Back at the door, Hoto was walking out. Kat still stood. He walked slowly back to them.

IC: Root - Vir's Dorm

Root nodded courteously to accept his acceptance before leaning in conspiratorially. "Sh-sh-she may b-b-e in one of th-these rooms."

IC: Xara - Gym. 

I turned to Rail. "You've been wanting to do this all day...." I looked back at Zex, "....and so have I." I stomped over just in time to see some idiot shoot him in the gut with some kind of poisoned arrow. I laughed at his stupidity. "You know if it's in his stomach it's going to take far longer to get into his bloodstream and have any sort of effect.... idiot...." 

I raised my staff, channeling my powers through it before stabbing it into the base of his neck, right where the Kraata case connects to the suit. Lightning coursed through his body, setting his nervous system aflame. He was only a level two; his natural resistance to electricity wouldn't protect him from my level three powers, especially not when they were amplified by the staff. I twisted the blade, digging it in deeper, relishing in his pain. 

Finally, I stepped back from his smoking form, flicking soot and ash off the stave. "You didn't have to kill them." I spat. 

IC Kat:

I was surprised he'd even gone up.

And somewhat relieved that he'd not done anything.

Xara's attack was brutal. I'd expected no less. And that was a proper Rahkshi Staff. 

I walked up, next in line.

I looked down on the now mutilated form, kept alive by short jolts of Tridax's Quick Healing power.

He was a mess. Cuts, bruises, lacerations, stab wounds, you name it. He had em all.

I wanted to hurt him, wanted him to understand that what he'd done was wrong. But it was clear that more pain would do no good. So I simply leaned over, Talking softly into his ear.

"I hope you realize the implications of your actions. You killed two of our fellow students, and there's a good chance none of us will ever forgive you."

I laid my hand on him, activating my Powers, sending fear ripping through him, and he screamed, His own mind torturing itself in ways I could not imagine.

• Upvote 1

I watched on, impressed, than very gently tapped Kat's shoulder with my staff, allowing her to amplify the effects of her powers. It was the least that murderer deserved for talking back to me like that. 

IC: Sidonas - Causeway

Sidonas made his way across the causeway, quickly throwing himself into a reclining positions and flying through the pillars. He made for the beach.

Sidonas needed to think, to clear his head before he went to negotiate with the ghosts. He sat in the sand and took a deep breath.

Yes, the killer had ended the lives of two Rahk for whatever reason. Yes he deserved all the punishment they were probably giving him. But was it really moral to make him suffer endless torment? Who was the real monster here? Why not just lock him away or something? Sidonas was confused. He didn't know whether it was right or wrong to give him that sort of punishment. He deserved it, but did that make it right?

Then Sidonas thought, who was he? An Inventor? A theif? Certainly not a hero. What was he? Who was he?

With all of this heavy on his mind, Sidonas looked out at the ocean ahead of him. He needed to figure things out, spend some time on the beach in solitude.

He would consult another, Recoil most likely, when he felt able to speak.

For now, he closed his eyes and took in the air, thinking of nothing, nothing but what was moral.

He would negotiate later.

IC Kat: Ordinarily I would have walked away.

But then he opened his mouth, spouting the same thing Exxan had.

Except you don't accidentally kill two people.

I took hold of the offered staff, channeling power though it.

I'd been right. It was genuine, not like the imitations we had at the academy.

Fresh waves of fear roiled over him, tormenting his mind with his darkest doubts, insecurities, and horrors.

I'm ashamed to admit it now, but I relished every second of his cries, and as I left, giving Xara back her Staff, I could still hear his sobs.

• Upvote 2

"He deserved it," I said to Kat, "I'm not faultless, but murdering two Rahkshi I didn't even know...." I shook my head. 

There were some lines not even I was willing to cross. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

IC: Green

"Hm..."

Green didn't know what to do.

On the one hand, it only seemed fair that she do her part in punishing this criminal. A single murder was bad enough; two?

On the other hand, she had no real reason to even care.

She hadn't known the two Rahkshi - Discord and Silencer, apparently - and she wasn't one to give in to her base desires and take part in violence for no real reason.

Green picked up a shoe that somebody had dropped and threw it at Zex as a token attack. It wouldn't hurt, not after what that Rahkshi had been through at least, but it would send a message.

I couldn't care less for the likes of you.

IC: Dodge-256

Dodge also held no emotional investment in this matter, though considering their normal state, that was no surprise. They felt no need to attack, so they sat on the side, silently observing the torture.

Edited by One-Eyed Construct

IC: Hoto - Hallways

She could still hear the screams. It felt worse than poison to her. She couldn't help imagining what was going on in there, or wondering who was doing it.

As the noise pushed her away, she found herself in quieter and quieter hallways. The empty dorm wing.

IC: Fang - Gym to Hallways

What he had once called his conscience burned. He had always been proud of his "morals." It had made him different from those that he opposed... didn't it?

It was what the killer had said. It was so much like what Exxan had said. It was like what he had always tried to convince himself of. He couldn't bear being in that room any longer, and he followed Hoto out.

The hallways were empty now. Everyone was busy enjoying the punishment. It would be the perfect time to clear his head.

I realized something.

These rahkshi. They have been misled. Who says I ever intended to kill.

But they believe their friends. No matter.

I've seen the hostility of the matoran. And I plan to use it against them.

And I'm still thirsty for some water.

IC: The Brothers

The brothers left to the forest for a hunting trip. Better food then the slop they serve.