Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Jayar / The Gym

Jayar watched with pleasant surprise as Short flew into the air, pushing off of the horizontal block. It was not going to be such an easy fight after all, which he preferred.

He swiftly ducked. This would probably result in his opponent flying over his head, but it would also leave his back open for a spilt second, which Short could exploit if he landed on his feet.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC

You had little luck collecting ornaments, the flesh and blood of Naming Day were in short supply with all the roving Rahks ransacking, reveling (and) wrecking whereabout decor was to be found. But, was the flesh and blood, the material trapping of Naming Day really the important part?

What you deposited in front of Tridax was little more than a box filled with scraps of papyrus and other writing mediums. Books, letters, little favors and the like. Ones that spoke of the day's meaning, cataloged the ghost's deepest and most secretive wishes and dreams.

How could you compared a glass bauble to someone's hidden psyche given form on paper? Caoutchouc hoped that his headmaster would have a similar opinion.

...but close to it

IC Kat: The situation momentarily defused, I round on the Power Scream Rahk, malice in my eyes. 

"What the Karzahni do you think you're doing?!"

The Rahkshi tried backing up, but... as it was, there was a small crowd of grumpy Rahkshi behind him.

OOC:I seem to really good at saving Rider, huh? :P

IC: Revenge

Revenge picked up Rider and put him on his(Revenge's) bed, than turned to face the power-scream Rahkshi.  "Consider yourself lucky that this Rahkshi intervened.  Not only did you desecrate the library but you hurt my friend bad, and if there is one thing you should never do it is hurt my friends."

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

OOC: Tridax sees all, Scorp, Tridax sees all :P

IC: (Wraith)

Wraith waited for Tridax's response.

IC: (Snakey)

Where was Pho? Karzdamned if Snake knew. He just stood waiting. A fight seemed to be going on, but he wasn't interested.

He took out the silver bow, noticing the words Whisper's Bane engraved on the hand hold. Unfortunately, he couldn't find arrows anywhere...

After a quick scout around, Snake managed to find some metal rods in a blacksmiths that would work fine as rudimentary arrows. Back at the square, he equipped it to the bow, pulling back and releasing-

-the rahk was thrown backwards as the metal arrow exploded outwards in a shower of shards. He sensed...something fly off from the arrow, slamming into a wall on the other side of the square, which too smashed apart in the centre.

A loud boom resounded across the entire square. Snake felt dizzy, and he could only imagine how those near the blast felt...

Sonics...something to do with sonics. It must have fired a sonic bolt of some sort...and the arrow there shattered because it was inside the sonic bolt. I am gonna have fun with this thing.

Kathok

IC: Chekquars (Village Square)

Chekquars had been about to reply when Tridax's Power Scream rung out, and he had glanced at their pile dubiously. It was a good deal smaller than the other groups, no doubt at the least partly due to their lack of members. 

Seeing Wraith speaking to Tridax, he also approached, the box of books held out in front of him as he spoke. 

"What my teammate says is the truth, Headmaster, we appear to have lost some of our team in the process of collecting the relics of this holiday. However, I hope that these books about Naming Day, a different sort of relic, having been removed from their Library for your consideration and possible disposal can somewhat suffice for our lack of decor removed."

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: Fang

Well, that was... disappointing. Fang was hoping for an all-out duel that would leave the screamer unconscious. As it was, he was happy enough to stand to the side as the "victors" left and the "loser" followed. At last, some peace. Fang found a chair near the library's section on forging and tried to cram his tall frame into it. By the end, he looked and felt extremely uncomfortable, but he was going to need the research if he wanted a better sword.

How do those bookish Rahkshi manage this all day?

He set the dulled sword on his lap and ran his fingers up and down the edge, heating it with a small amount of plasma. With luck, it would end up sharper than before. With a book set down on a table in front of him and something to occupy his hands, Fang sat back to read.

IC: Hoto

"Oh." Well, now she knew what Zealot was doing. His lofty and reverent manner was slightly off-putting for Hoto's more energetic personality. She sat quietly and ate her food, completely lost as to what to say.

IC: Tube

The chest and bin were heavy, but Tube couldn't ask their master to carry any of it, and they were too afraid to ask Wraith. Luckily, after a few turns, they could see Tridax and the piles. They came into the square a fair amount of time behind their master and added the decorations to the tiny pile.

FInally, they stopped to catch their breath. "Did...*gasp*...we win?"

OOC: Fang open to interaction.

Metal / Dormitories, Defending Himself \ IC:

Metal, coming to his senses after the shock of fear, straightened up (as much as a Rahkshi could) to appear simultaneously more imposing and amiable. With a surprisingly pleasant voice, he replied to Kate, "What am I doing? I'm defending myself! I was performing for my fellow students, and that one with the launcher came up to me a punched me in the gut as hard as he could! I do not like physical violence, but I was provoked to self-defense! The unconscious one, he . . . well, he was caught in the crossfire. Unfortunately for him." As Metal explained himself, he reached the doorway. He hoped the small crowd would either understand his plight or at least be there to support his music, not bash it like these ruffians.

At the moment the halls shook with the mighty roar of Tridax. While the students were distracted (of course, he was also rather distracted), he used the opportunity to get to the other side of the crowd. Not being one to run, however, he stood his ground from there and strummed a few chords. "I'm sure you all understand me. That one started it!"

Short / Gymnasium, Fighting Jayar \ IC:

Short tugged on its mace, which was still in front of Jayar, toward itself. One of three things would happen in the split second before the little Rahkshi landed: the mace would catch the staff and either rip it out of Jayar's hands or pull him over Short's head, the mace would hit Jayar with a decent amount of force, or the mace would clear the larger Rahkshi and Short would be in perfect position to slam it full force into his back.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

IC

You had little luck collecting ornaments, the flesh and blood of Naming Day were in short supply with all the roving Rahks ransacking, reveling (and) wrecking whereabout decor was to be found. But, was the flesh and blood, the material trapping of Naming Day really the important part?

What you deposited in front of Tridax was little more than a box filled with scraps of papyrus and other writing mediums. Books, letters, little favors and the like. Ones that spoke of the day's meaning, cataloged the ghost's deepest and most secretive wishes and dreams.

How could you compared a glass bauble to someone's hidden psyche given form on paper? Caoutchouc hoped that his headmaster would have a similar opinion.

IC Phogen

To the unbeknownst irony only made possible by the chaos of such an assignment, Phogen was banking on a very simmilar concept. Smith had a look in his eyes, a set in his jaw as he looked at the makeshift throne. He turned to Flash and said, very simply, "You know, I think if we did more of that and less of that-" He jabbed a thumb towards a pile of Naming-Day rubbish . "-I think we might have a better time of things."

He crossed his arms and tapped a toe thoughtfully. "You know, I thought that was going to be much more unpleasant than it actually was."

Phogen whistled a merry tune upon hearing this and idly checked out the piles of the other teams, hoping that Smith had not seen her smile.

OOC: Tridax sees all, Scorp, Tridax sees all :P

IC: (Wraith)

Wraith waited for Tridax's response.

IC: (Snakey)

Where was Pho? Karzdamned if Snake knew. He just stood waiting. A fight seemed to be going on, but he wasn't interested.

He took out the silver bow, noticing the words Whisper's Bane engraved on the hand hold. Unfortunately, he couldn't find arrows anywhere...

After a quick scout around, Snake managed to find some metal rods in a blacksmiths that would work fine as rudimentary arrows. Back at the square, he equipped it to the bow, pulling back and releasing-

-the rahk was thrown backwards as the metal arrow exploded outwards in a shower of shards. He sensed...something fly off from the arrow, slamming into a wall on the other side of the square, which too smashed apart in the centre.

A loud boom resounded across the entire square. Snake felt dizzy, and he could only imagine how those near the blast felt...

Sonics...something to do with sonics. It must have fired a sonic bolt of some sort...and the arrow there shattered because it was inside the sonic bolt. I am gonna have fun with this thing.

He was interrupted by a whiz and a small explosion on the other side of the square. It was a sonic blast, he could tell that much. The source quickly recived a stony glare, but an intrigued one. As she recognized it as Snake, she allowed a small, satisfied smirk.

She was beginning to like how well his team was armed.

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

Unfortunately for Jayar, Short's mace smashed him cleanly in the chest, knocking him onto his back and winding him - but only briefly. As the little Rahkshi landed behind him, Jayar gasped in a breath, and felt his quick healing power flow through him. His respect for the tiny hat-wearer was growing.

Before the tiny Rahkshi could hit him again, he pressed his feet together, activating his flight power and bursting forward. As he did, he drove his staff into the floor, causing him to rapidly spin around it, and facing the miniscule Rahkshi, he spread his feet apart and thrust the floored end of his staff back to gain speed, preparing to use his rerouted momentum to kick his opponent.

IC:

"Nice to meet you. My name is Abyssium. I am also moderately new here. Right now I'm just trying to meet people, figure out the social order here, and figure out who to ally with." Abyssium was interrupted by a loud command by Tridax to assemble.

OOC:

Do we have to assemble if we weren't part of the assignment?

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

IC Phogen

To the unbeknownst irony only made possible by the chaos of such an assignment, Phogen was banking on a very simmilar concept. Smith had a look in his eyes, a set in his jaw as he looked at the makeshift throne. He turned to Flash and said, very simply, "You know, I think if we did more of that and less of that-" He jabbed a thumb towards a pile of Naming-Day rubbish . "-I think we might have a better time of things."

He crossed his arms and tapped a toe thoughtfully. "You know, I thought that was going to be much more unpleasant than it actually was."

Phogen whistled a merry tune upon hearing this and idly checked out the piles of the other teams, hoping that Smith had not seen her smile.

IC: Flash

"Possibly," she said to Phogen. "But I do agree on how it lacked in unpleasanty. I thought it would be much more... messier."

~Just call me Shadow_Ignited~

Short finished its flip by landing on the tip of its hat and spinning around while hovering. This made reaction time quicker than a full recovery from the flip, but it was also rather disorienting, even if the little Rahkshi had practiced this move many a time before this point. As it was, it saw Jayar standing up from what looked like a success blow on its part. With a smile, Short let itself flip back to a proper position and awaited Jayar's rebuttal to its attack. When its opponent did attack, Short was ready for the blow.

Instead of dodging or fully blocking Jayar's attack, Short grabbed Jayar's foot right before it would have smacked into the Rahkshi's face. Short then stepped slightly sideways, pushing the foot toward the ground with its own momentum. Although the pain in Short's hand was great, and the foot had still notably impacted its chest, Jayar had still made the crucial mistake of letting Short touch him. At this point the Rahkshi of slow activated its power to the highest extent that it could. It then tried to step on its opponent's foot and launch a full-power mace swing up into his jaw.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

IC: Rider

On first glance Rider's injuries were mostly on his face. It was bruised and beaten from the spar earlier as well as this fight. However if a doctor were to look at him they would find that his right side ribs were broken. This happened when the door hit him and it hit the hard ground. Again the sparring match earlier added to this. Rider groaned in his sleep. He was not dreaming. Only black.

Edited by VahkiDane

IC Kat: I shook my head, some people, I swear.

I nodded at Rider, "we should get him to the infirmary, if only to make sure he's not too banged up."

I lift the unconscious Rahkshi up and over my shoulders. Or.... Wha passes for shoulders.

Turning toward the door, I speak to the other Rahkshi with exertion in my voice. "I'm Kat, by the way."

Jayar tried to thrust the blunt end of his staff into Short's stomach, but he found that he could only move at a crawl. It was not a good time to discover that Short's power was Slow. He wasn't going to be able to push Short away in time, so he braced himself as much as he could before the mace struck him in the jaw, hard. Grimacing in slow motion and mustering as his quick healing power again, though it would be a while before the pain relented fully, he continued his slow thrust at his attacker's chest in hope that it would dislodge his combatant.

Edited by Johnrahk

OOC: I just fixed everything. Thanks for telling me before I continued on.

IC: Toxin

"Hey is that order about that Naming Day assignment thing?" said Toxin. "I don't know if we should go. Either way, me and my brother are here to hone our assassination skills. We plan on doing that in the future. If we can get to Level 6 that is. Is it too late to join in on the assassination assignment?"

IC: Bullseye

Bullseye enters the gym and see two rahkshi fighting. He quickly sees that one is a Quick Healing Rahkshi and the other, a Slowness Rahkshi. He decided to watch for a minute before going to train and perhaps spar himself. He does note that he is a bit close, but he's prepared to move quickly.

OOC: Open for interaction. Bullseye can get caught in the crossfire of battle.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC: Revenge

"I'm Revenge," replied Revenge, "I'm new.  Thanks for the help but, urg, I think I could have taken him." Revenge rubbed his head, it still hurt a little.  He noticed that Rider had dropped Legends of the Time Before, Revenge picked it up and followed Kat, Claws scuttled closely behind.

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

IC: Burst

"The assassination assignment assignment ended some time ago." a Kurahk spoke up from the corner, getting an arm wound repaired by Palma. "And it is too late to join the naming day assignment, as it just ended. We will most likely get a new one soon, though. Good luck getting to level six. To my knowledge, nobody has progressed past two, yet."

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC: Squid

Squid smugly smiled as he saw everyone's piles.

"Hey everyone- remember that huge Naming Day Tree in the center of this plaza? Guess where it is now."

Squid poured out the contents of his bag, with many lights and statues pouring out amongst the charred needles and stumps. A huge pile of ash, tree remains and other important symbols of Naming Day formed in front of him.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

IC:
"Good. I'd rather join an assignment at the beginning like everybody else instead of joining late and being at a disadvantage. So, Burst, what exactly does society look like here? I'm trying to figure out what exactly I should do here," Abyssium asked.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

IC Kat: noticing as we passed through the small group, which had begun to disperse, that the Power scream Rahkshi was still there, I took the time to explain something, "look, pal, I really don't know what this is about. But I'm gonna hazard a guess and say you were screaming your music at some other students and they didn't take kindly to it.

If you want to play music, no one will stop you, but for makuta's sake, find a spare classroom or something to do it in."

With that, I brushed past him, hoping Palma wouldn't think too much about me helping to bring two injured Rahkshi in in one day.

Metal / Walking Toward the Courtyard, Recovering, Playing Music \ IC:

Seeing that the crowd was not in his favor, Metal slunk down the halls and started toward the courtyard. Looking back on the incident, he decided it would probably have been better to not retaliate the blow and to let his music speak for him. Still, he couldn't help feel angry and hurt that everybody took that instigator's side of things. With a grunt to himself, he slowly started playing some instrumental music as he recovered from his singing and the general exertion that had just occurred. He decided that he would continue his music in the square once he had recovered. He had quickly forgotten Tridax's yell which had echoed only shortly before; even if he had remembered, though, he likely would have kept going. What better audience was there than Tridax himself?

"Society? What exactly do you mean by that? Anyway, the main goal here seems to be to improve our abilities, so we can serve in the Makuta's army. But it's pretty obvious that a lot of the students here have other plans. People have formed teams, killed or crippled their rivals, and done other things to further their own goals. So, it's essentially like a smaller scale version of the brotherhood of Makuta."

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Short's power, only mildly effective due to its low stage, had only partially robbed Jayar of his speed. Plus his aim was slightly off, given the fact that he just had a mace land square in his jaw. Still, he was still able to move decently, though the force behind his blow was notably lessened by the speed which it lacked. Short's foot was dislodged, but the little Rahkshi grabbed onto the arm which was holding the staff. It then proceeded to wrap its limbs around Jayar and attempted a sort of suplex with the tip of its hat being the focal point. The aim was to throw Jayar as hard as Short could into the ground, quickly pick up the mace which it had now dropped, and beat his skull into the ground.

Of course, Short would stop with a concession, and who knew what its opponent had in store to defeat it?

Seeing Short's mace lying on the ground where he had dropped it, Jayar whipped his right arm towards it with every bit of speed he could muster against Short's slowness, which, given his normal quick reflexes, was considerable enough to knock it skittering across the floor and out of Short's reach. It landed at the feet of a nearby Rahkshi of Accuracy wearing a cowboy hat.

OOC: That's you, ArcticFreeze.

OOC: Do you mean concession or concussion, Toa of Dancing? Concussion makes more sense alongside 'beat his skull into the ground...'

IC: Glass

"Sure, just don't get your hopes up, all I'm saying."

IC: Xara

Xara sighed as she heard Tridax's shout. "I guess dinner will have to wait," she told Glass, "come on." With that, she hefted her sack of loot over her shoulder and quickly made her way back to the main square, where most of the other students had gathered. Striding forwards and summoning crackling sparks of static electricity from her armour, the crowds quickly moved to let her pass. She reached the front, holding her spoils over her head, then dumped them triumphantly at her feet. 

"...You have tried to rush things, and in doing so have overstepped your bounds. Aggression makes a soldier, student, and ingenuity makes a captain, but its patience that makes generals. Remember that, for you exist to learn after all." Tridax turned, clearly believing his point had been made. Though a keen observer might note that if he had truly disapproved so highly of Exxan's strategy there probably wouldn't be an Exxan still standing there...

"Students are to return to the village square," Tridax said, a measured use of the Power Scream trait letting his voice boom out over the whole village, "There you will stand in your teams and have your gathered bounty be judged."

IC: Exxan and The Twins.

Exxan nodded, pondering Tridax's words. The Makuta was right; Exxan had been so eager to prove himself that he'd failed to see the long-term repercussions of his actions. As Tridax said, patience was the key. Exxan promised himself that he wouldn't make this same mistake twice. 

"Come on!" he called to The Twins, "Let's get going." He picked up a heavy box, piled high with decorations from the street The Twins had stripped earlier, as well as religious artifacts from within the church, and more festive decorations from the outside of the building and the ones nearby. Illusive carried a similarly filled box, and Silencer still had a makeshift sack woven from festive lights and streamers, which was also full of loot. Combine their haul with whatever Mar'jik and Squid had managed to find, and Exxan was still confident that his team had done well. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Burst notices two familiar looking rahkshi enter the infirmary, and an even more familiar ussal crab.

"Hey, I remember you guys... Weren't you the one that I tried to stab last week? And what happened to him?" Burst asked, pointing at Rider's unconscious form.

IC Kat: I set the unconscious rahk on one of the beds, and, noting that Tridax had called all teams back, I sighed. I had to go whether I liked it or not.

"Take care of him, okay," I said, dashing out and taking flight.

Eventually, I made it back, and landed in the square with the rest of my "team" I sighed internally, they hadn't done much without a leader, and Hashan appeared to be a no-show.

"Team leader Catatonic reporting in, sir." I croaked. Karz, I was exhausted. It showed visibly, though I stood straight, my spines were drooped, and my knees threatened to buckle beneath me.

"Apologies for leaving, sir, another student was injured, and needed exfil. I put Wraith in charge in my stead."