Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Glaciem Ignis - Hallways.

"Assignment?" 

Now we're getting somewhere...

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Lucid / Library

Lucid's angry gaze softened towards sympathy. "It's okay," she said, setting a hand gently on Raith's shoulder. "It's an easy mistake to make, and I've even known chairs who thought we were just furniture. But now you know, right? So you'll be able to avoid the same sort of accidental transgressions in the future."

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Draco

Draco pulled out his swords. Oh, the delight! Slowly, he put his swords on the ribs, making several slightly deep long cuts. He would have done even deeper, but he did not want to break Tridax's orders. Then, slowly, he put his his talons in the cut, and opened his hand as far as it would go. This would cause some pain, but give the traitor a sense of horror.

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

IC: Nymph (Library)

It's hard to resist the urge to come out with a few, quick-fire, philosophical arguments to shoot this down...

Thankfully, I'm strong enough to resist that, although the lips of my faceplate do part slightly. I close my book carefully, making sure not to damage any pages like last time. I nod. "Were the chairs any more helpful about finding the books you wanted, though?"

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Fang - Cauldron

Painting yourself is hard. Especially for a Rahkshi. The large, hunched back just made so many places that Fang had to strain his arm to the point of dislocating to reach. He didn't know how nice it looked, but he hoped his back was done. The white was gone, covered with a deep blue that seemed to fade into the dim light of the Cauldron. His bright orange eyes eerily stared out from the darkness.

With one part done, he got to work covering the tan of his lower body.

IC: Hoto - Dorms

Once Hoto had left the Infirmary, she didn't stop running right up to the moment she reached her door. The directions and distances were second nature to her now, but she still felt for that carving Kat had left in the door so long ago. 

She quickly found her key and fumbled for the lock for a while before bursting the door open and collapsing on the bed. Her staff bounced out of her hand and rang loudly against the hard floor. She flinched as the tone reverberated around the walls, seeming to attack her from all sides.

SONTIRI!!

Sontiri!

Sontiri...

The memories were so close to the surface now, but she desperately pushed them back, like trying to stop a Ga-Toa with only a simple bucket. After a while, the noise and panicked seemed to soften, and Hoto stood to lock the door behind her. She didn't want to leave. Out there, there were things that had wanted to hurt her friends. Things she had to fight, but couldn't. And... Exxan was gone.

IC: Tube - Dorms

Tube hoped they remembered where Poly's dorm room was, and ran off towards it. It wouldn't be the first time they had ran to the wrong room, but hopefully the two or three times they had visited had finally allowed it to get through their thick skull.

IC: Char - Gym

Meanwhile, Char was enjoying herself in the Gym. Though her tools were usually much... subtler, she could appreciate the simple elegance of watching things go boom. She fired shot after shot at the array of dummies before her, her grin widening as more and more shards of stone bounced along the floor.

But her fun was not to last. She brought up a gun to fire another volley, only to hear a faint click. She pulled up the other one, only to get the same result. Char sighed, and the dummies sank into the floor behind her as she wandered back over to a bench by the door. Her guns needed recharging.

OOC: Char open to interaction.

• Upvote 1

IC: "Yes, proceed with the other hand," Tridax confirmed, "Something nice and sharp to go with the persistent aches your comrade is giving. And you." He pointed at Grim, "If you're going to twist things off, start lower down. Start with the toes."

The process was working. The jumble of thoughts in Mangai's head was being pulled and stretched by the pain, as though a bowl of spaghetti were being unboiled and forming into straight rods again. Images were getting clearer to see...

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC Fog:

Going out into the COurtyard, Fog looked up. Puffy white clouds everywhere, and that detestable sunlight. Hmm... Maybe his powers could help with that. He closed his eyes, imagining the clouds moving over the sun, dimming it as the rays were dimmed by the clouds. He opened them to find that his powers had worked, moving one of the cloud sover the sun and dimming the light. Concentrating again, he moved the clouds into each other, making a much bigger one. Tired now, he turned and walked back into the school.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Torch - Halls

"Oh, it's where we go and do things to keep us occupied," I explain, "Like the last one was trying to find the drillmaster on Nynrah."

IC: Glaciem Ignis - Hallways.

"Interesting...."

IC: "Yes, proceed with the other hand," Tridax confirmed, "Something nice and sharp to go with the persistent aches your comrade is giving. 

IC: Sliver - Tridax's Office. 

"With pleasure...." I moved over to the other side, turning his hand over and sinking the arrow into the back of his hand, rather than the palm. I was going to enjoy this.... 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Grim:

"Of course, Lord Tridax." They released pressure on the ankle, moving down to the pointed foot, right where the flexible joint allowed it to bend.

And made a much quicker movement this time, shearing clean through the metal and muscle fibers.

The severed section dropped to the floor with a dull thump.

IC: Sidonas - Beach

Sidonas looked around the beach, walking along the coastline and scanning it for one of those he suspected might be sympathetic to his anti-Makuta ideas. Sidonas came across no one, and looked at the waves, thinking.

Hmm, not a single soul here. Let's see, if I were planning to rebel against Tridax, where would I go? Nowhere inside the school, unless I had a death wish. The Cauldron perhaps? That might be worth a try..

Sidonas got into flight mode and flew to the Cauldron, keeping quiet in the caves he rarely visited. Sidonas looked around, and decided to call out for any of those he was looking for.

"Hello? Fang? Kat? Cao? Anyone here?" Sidonas called out, hoping he would come across someone to which he would not have to make up something that sounded pro-Makuta.

IC: Haken - Gym

Haken smashed several training dummies with his axe, cleaving them in half.

This is simple and frankly a bit boring, I need a challenge, a real fight.

"Anyone up for a spar?" He called to any worthy combatant who might face the battleaxe-wielding-giant.

OOC: Haken open for interaction.

Edited by Kovika

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

Fang sighed and set the brush aside to stand by Kat. He put a hand on her shoulder, careful not to get his paint on her armor. "Kat, it's fine," he whispered softly.

He stepped forward to see the arrival better, for he recognized that voice. "Sidonas, you shouldn't be here," he called.

IC Clockwork:

CLockwork carefully slid the painstakingly machined bolt into the barrel of the launcher, delightedly noticing the click as it attached to the weak magnet in the barrel. Straining slightly, he pulled the lever back, producing a large click and sliding the bolt back to that the tip was level with the end of the barrel. Picking up three more bolts, he opened his door and walked out, locking it before going to the Gym. Test time.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Sidonas - Cauldron

Sidonas didn't know what to think for half a second when he saw Fang and someone he didn't recognize dawning different colors, what was going on?

"Oh, well uh, sorry if I interrupted something, but I need to know something: If you had five minutes alone in a room with Tridax and he was weak and near death, what would you do?"

Only way to make sure they are pro-rebel is if I get the answer I seek, if not, I'll have to find someone else..

Haken turned around to face Siren, drawing Stabby and his shield. "You wish to fight? Draw your weapon and prepare."

Edited by Kovika

There was no way he could have expected such a question. It caught Fang off-guard, and he was silent for a long time, thinking it over. All along, he knew Tridax had to be stopped, but he rarely thought about how that should happen.

At last, he tried to explain. "You want me to kill him, don't you? You want me to say I would burn him and rid the school and the universe of a great evil. But I... I cannot do that. Death only begets more death, whether by further rationalization, or by your eventual death by those that support him.

"So I would not kill him. I would do all that I could to keep him away, and then I would take those I could far from his tyranny. What life we live out there would be far better than here, where the Makuta watch our friends die for sport."

"I am unsure as to whether I would kill him if I had the chance, and I apologize for interrupting, I needed to make sure you weren't a Makuta loyalist. Fang, you and.." Sidonas did not recognize Kat at the time. "...whoever that is need to know: Someone decided to declare rebellion in front of Sliver and some other loyalists, I try to intervene peacefully, they ripped my arm off. Not sure what the loyalists plan to do, but now someone has shown that at least one of us dissidents exist. I assume you have a plan?"

IC: Snake - Dorm

I'm repainted, finally - while I'm not one to care too much about appearances, and my new look does have to be discreet, I did make sure not to make it messy or badly done. Burnt orange, dark teal, and a few highlights of dull copper. I've thought about a lot of things, most of which I can't be bothered to write here, but I will say that my confidence about the whole situation is growing slightly.

I try to get some rest.

Kathok

He scowled and cursed under his breath as his head fell. They had done so much to keep their resistance a secret from the Makuta, all for it to be shattered by some Rahkshi who didn't know when to keep their mouth shut. Should the loyalists report this to Tridax, it was over. Security would be tight, and there was no hiding from a wary Makuta. Plans might have to be pushed forwards.

He looked to Kat. "Do we tell him?" he asked softly.

Draco finished bending the spines, when he watched a foot get cut off. Ah, more pain. Draco thought for a moment, before... Oh yes. He lifted his talons, one on each hand, and plunged both talons into the eyes. Since he could not cause brain damage due to it being a suit, Draco pushed his talons as far back into the head as possible.

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

Sidonas thought for some time, then looked at Fang and Kat (Who he had no idea was Kat at the time.)

"My stake? I'll do what needs to be done to get us out of the reach of any Makuta, especially Tridax. I am sick and tired of being under the rule of someone who sends us to kill innocents and each other for sport, who limits our potential and sees us as simply killers. If you plan to lead a rebellion, then count me in. You've got my inventions and my blade if it means getting us away from the karzing Makuta."

"Very well, let the battle begin."

Haken charged at Siren with his large, heavy shield, attempting to bulldoze her.

IC: "Enough."

Tridax had the information he wanted, and with that his interest in the torture was waning. But as the Fohrok at the door announcing the finalising of Toxin's work, another gleam began to light his eyes. 

"I am about to call all the students to a ceremony at the Causeway, a ritual of remembrance to properly dedicate our new monument to the fallen. Attendance will be compulsory and I will have the Fohrok scour the entire facility to make sure the rule is followed. Our traitors will be there, and then you will seek them out."

He placed a hand on each of the loyalists heads in turn, using telepathy to plant the images torn from Mangai into their minds. Next he tapped their hands, instilling them with a sickly looking glow that appeared to sink beneath the metal.

"I am imbuing your claws with small traces of poison. Enough to knock a Rahkshi out for the count, no more. Each hand gets one touch, use them wisely to try and remove the traitors from the population without undue fuss and bother."

He looked down at the unconscious form of Mangai, who was quite probably comatose through trauma and pain.

"That one...is all yours."

• Upvote 1

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Draco removed his talons from the eyes of Mangai at the signal. Listening closely, and gathering the info in addition to the stuff he already had, Draco smiled cruelly. Oh, how fun this would be. He bowed, and said, "as you wish Lord Tridax." He then turned to the rest of the group. "What do we do with him?"

OOC: Does this just include Kat, Fang, and Snake? Or is it everybody who helped Mangai?

Edited by Wielder-of-Shadow

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

IC Grim:

"Your will be done."

Grim planted the pincers at the throat of Mangai, squeezing and lifting him into the air with the staff.

"You. You are weak. Unfit to serve. Spouting lies and heresy against the dark ones. Your death is the will of the Makuta. And I am their instrument."

Mangai struggled and sputtered.

The pincers closed upon the Rahkshi's throat, slicing clean through both armor and Kraata, neatly decapitating both.

The lifeless armor fell to the floor with a clank, and Grim used the traitor's head plates as a macabre shoulder plate.

"Now let us deal with the others," they said.

IC: Sliver - Tridax's Office.

"Thank you, Lord Tridax," I turned to the others, "Let's go hunting." 

IC Caoutchouc

He stalked the shelves, pulling down first one tome, then another. Soon enough he had a collection of a dozen books. Books of heroism, philosophy, comedy, tragedy and manuals of martial arts. Initially quite empty due to lack of experience and interaction, he had been a walking and talking blank canvas, eager to be filled and to learn, absorb and assimilate. What had this gotten him? Nothing. He skimmed through the books one after another. What had once appeared as so enlightening, so self evident and so real... All of it was false prattle and useless wind dictated by faceless names. As he read the books he grew angrier with the authors, himself and just the world in general. Graduation from youth to maturity is oft times accompanied by a great deal of tumultuous emotions. A world view is a valuable and fragile construction, a vast and detailed tapestry woven through experience and interactions with others and the world around. Disruption of that delicate fabrication is akin to loss of a loved one, prompting grief and bereavement. Tossed aside in his impatient and omnidirectional frustration was a book that had a soliloquy on such grief, Caoutchouc might've found it helpful to read such a chapter. But like many things that can help, the black anger of his sorrows led to it being forcefully tossed away. Picking up the books he had scattered, he dumped them into the nearest waste bin before turning to leave. ...No... He wasn't done yet. If he had been led so astray by these old, dusty and voiceless voices, could he really let anyone else? He bent down, gathering the offending texts and stuffing them into his plot relevantly sized satchel, before stalking out the doorways and down the hall towards the sea. Let the depths take these karzing books!

• Upvote 4

...but close to it

IC: Sliver - Hallways.

"I don't care who the rest of you go after," I replied dismissively, already walking away. "The illusion rahk is mine." 

OOC: Just to clarify; she's referring to Sidonas. 

"Well, thank you, Sidonas," Fang replied calmly. "We hope to count on your participation in the future. For now, we must finish what we started." He turned to pick up his brush.

IC: Nightmare

Nightmare entered the school, and headed towards the Library, hopefully there would be a guide to disks...

IC: Blade

Good, you're done eating, now lets go kill someone.

Why aren't you responding to me?

Blade?

Blade was quite obviously ignoring his voice, as he walked off towards the courtyard.

IC Caoutchouc

A soggy mulch of cellulose, thread and leather bindings were all that remained. Any intact pages were being ground down by the tide or had been swept further away by rip currents and eddies past the wave line. He stood for a short while on the beach, planning his next action. It seemed clear enough to him now : this academy had nothing left for him.

Returning to his room, he gave it a silent once over, gathering small and useful things. A roll of bandages, spare wrappings that he used for his hands and feet, a good knife and a couple rudimentary maps scavenged from books in the library, he left the room and locked it before taking the key and snapping it in twain. A twinge of surprise went through him, when had he become strong enough to do that so easily? The pieces of the key sunk beneath the waves as he took off, casting them out into the air. The journey to his destination was a quiet one, for he was well enough versed in not making a scene when he didn't want to. Soon, he landed near the myriad waterfalls, making for the one that hid the Cauldron. If he was to leave, he'd need to concoct someway of disguising himself. The placid pools in the area reflected their surroundings. Flora, sky, rocks and water drips. So too in these refracted and reversed scenes was a haggard walker, he hadn't eaten in a little longer than was optimal, and he had the distinctly contrasting fiery and distracted eyes and gelid expression of someone slightly off their rocker. As he neared and passed under the Cauldron's waterfall ingress, the roar of the water masked both the sounds inside from him and those inside from his own sounds.

• Upvote 2

...but close to it

IC: Lucid / Library

"As a matter of fact, they did," declared Lucid, turning to point towards, not the books on divination, but cooking."What I'm looking for is right over there."

IC: Jayar / Halls, Outside

Jayar made his weary way into a washroom, wiping away the sullen sweat with cool clear water.

Death. Why? Who was at fault? Alongside others, Exxan had died a hero on Visorak - on assignment sponsored by the Makuta, to Rahi created by the Makuta... But death could not be attributed solely to the Makuta, as Omega could attest.

For a moment he stood simply gazing into the clear water sloshing out of the stony faucet, lost in thought. Then he wandered out of the washroom, out one of the school's imposing double-door exits, down to the beach.

What about Phogen, and others like it - Rahkshi no more enlightened in purpose than all the Old Breed Rahkshi of days passed? Who had taught them that dark was light, black was white - wrong was strong and might made right? The Makuta. Some, like himself and Fang and Kat, saw through the lies. But not everyone could do that... Some just didn't want to, decided not to.

He looked out over the vast blue ocean. It was so certain in itself. Wave after infinite wave, it never faltered. That unwaveringness must be kinda nice. But it paid a heavy price for that certainly, one Jayar would never dare try match - the ocean never knew the glory that was free will, never felt the joy of thinking, dreaming, loving. It was like an Old Breed Rahk, in that respect, reflected Jayar.

It lapped now against the school... the school that somehow didn't feel like home, even if it was where Jayar lived. It was not a place where you could choose to change the world... It was a world chosen to change you. Chosen by?

The Makuta.

All these troubles and trials... They went deeper than just Tridax's tyranny, though, Jayar decided. There was some force - some dark consuming fire of wrath and pride and days - within the Rahkshi, all of them, from Phogen to Fang to even himself. It was plain to see in the hate, the fights, the killings. And if they ever wanted peace, they would to extinguish it first somehow.

But before they could even think about that, that had to take out this fire's main fuel source - the masters of shadow, who had locked them in this place to teach them evil. Doing so wouldn't solve everything, far from it. But it was the only way they could start.

They had to end the reign of Tridax.

• Upvote 2

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

"Fang? You're the fellow running this operation, who can I trust to not stab me and bring my corpse to Tridax? For I fear I've made a few loyalists angry by defending their target."

Sidonas thought about the loyalists for a moment, thinking of planning, namely how to protect himself incase they came for him, which there was some probability of, and how he needed to find Recoil.

Hmm, there was Sliver and the fellow with the mace. Not sure which is deadlier. My illusion abilities might allow me to hide in the scenario that a loyalist comes for me, but if Fang is changing his appearance, it may do me good to follow suit, seeing as how I might be hunted and branded a traitor to the Makuta in a few days.

"Got an extra brush?" Sidonas asked, while opening his Codex and jogging down some codes.