Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Shark / Visorak Wilds near Crawler

Silence field now deactivated (on the retreat it helped to hear your pursuit) Shark could hear Kat stomping through the forest behind him. The Crawler was in sight, though. He just had to make it there, and he would be safe from the fearsome Turahk's wrath -

Pull yourself together! It's illusory, fake! There's nothing to fear! Shark skidded to a stop just far enough from the Crawler that with but another moment's retreat he could be practically within the vehicle, and turned to hold his ground, blades ready. He could escape if the Turahk tried to kill him, and that meant that the only possible outcome was that that he would grow stronger.

IC: Jayar / Fourth Tier

Phogen admitted to it! Every diabolical intention and scheming inclination he had feared to lurk within it, it freely bared for Hoto (and himself and Zelnos) to see. But along with that, a glimpse of an altogether unexpected aspect of the villain, an inner core filled with luminous remorse for the darkness in which it dwelled.

Surely it was fake.

But Jayar considered it and, despite all his skepticism, didn't think so. Something about this rang true, somehow, telling him that this was real, as real as he was likely to encounter from Phogen in a long time.

There was hope yet for Phogen. With nurturing, the inner light could flourish, and overthrow the tyrannical shadow strangling it. But though Jayar would have liked to offer his support in this battle between light and darkness, he hadn't the faintest idea where to begin.

But somehow, Hoto did. Somehow Hoto always did. Jayar gave her a nod of his approval he hoped she would be able to discern and stood by awkwardly, ready to show support if he was needed.

By fate, he hoped he hadn't just been fooled himself.

• Upvote 1

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Hoto - Malebranche

There it was. Everything Jayar had said she was coming from Phogen's own mouth. But somehow... it didn't matter to Hoto. She was used to seeing with different eyes. No matter what anyone else said, all she saw was a friend who needed some caring.

"You c-can start trying now," she murmured. "Because I'm your friend."

• Upvote 2

IC Phogen: There was a hitch in the rahkshi's breath. Nobody should want to be her friend after what she said. Nobody. It made no sense. It was wholly illogical, it had no benefit, it practically ensured some form of emotional pain in the future, it made no sense. But here Hoto was, offering to be her friend. No, she was making the statement that friendship was a state that already existed between them. That it has sprung up true despite its foundation of lies.

Trembling, a pair of arms wrapped around Hoto. Phogen out a shattering breath through closed eyes, and buried his head in her shoulder. She couldn't let Zelnos and Jayar see her cry. She had an image to keep up. A reputation to maintain. With a cracking voice, sounding a little innocently childish and a little painfully wizened, Phogen made the only promise she could ever intend on keeping.

"I-I'll t-t-try."

• Upvote 2

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

IC Catatonic:

I tore through the jungle, a mad fury in my eyes. My Prey turned to face me. His mistake. I'd let Shiny go. He wouldn't be so lucky.

"There won't be anything left to burn when I'm through with you!" I screamed, as I burst into the clearing.

My blade was out, held reverse in my hand like a dagger, as I lunged at him in a tackle, ready to carve out his Kraata.

• Upvote 1

Hoto grinned and gave Phogen a soft, friendly pat on the back. She didn't mind the choked voice and heaving breath that surely meant Phogen was crying. She'd broken down countless times before. "That's all I want," she said softly.

The crowds had mostly moved on by now, even with the spectacle offered by a crying Rahkshi. But she suddenly noticed someone was standing behind her. Jayar. She turned her head to give him a look. Just a little bit of helplessness and a hint of accusation. How could he possibly doubt her now?

IC: Fang - Visorak Jungle (Team Backstab)

Karz...

Kat wasn't listening to him anymore. Frankly, he was just glad he was on her side right now. But he couldn't let someone else come to harm. He wearily pushed himself up and staggered off after her, calling out her name.

Karz Karz Karz Karz...

• Upvote 2

IC: Xara - Gym.

"Welcome home," I whispered to myself, striding into the gym. All of the momentous times in my life - the good and the bad - had happened within this room. My first victory... my first assignment... my first friendship.... my ascension to level three.... becoming the best fighter in the school... sometimes it seemed like my whole life was tied to this room.

But no more. Palma had offered me a choice: be a Sword or a Shield, wielded by the hand of the Brotherhood, to attack its enemies or to defend its interests. Except I didn't want to live and fight and die for someone else's cause.

I want to find my own cause... choose my own path.... I want to be somebody. 

Time went by... minutes, hours, I wasn't even sure. I walked every step of that gym, relived every memory, and finally, I drew my blades and launched into one final, explosive training session. I let the gym throw everything it had at me, challenging me in more ways in that brief, exhausting session than it had throughout my entire time here. Lightning flashed, rock crumbled, and metal stung, but in the end I still stood triumphant, surrounded by pieces of smouldering, broken stone. 

The acrid scent of smoke wafted lazily on the air, the sharp crackle of static electricity echoed in my ears. The sounds and smell were stronger than any one memory, because they were part of all of them. 

Something caught my eye, and I knelt down amongst the rubble, picking up on vitrified piece of stone that - whether by fate or design - was perfectly shaped into a lightning bolt. It hadn't been melting back into the gym floor like the rest of the rubble had.

Perhaps the gym had known all along what this was, what it had to be.... "Goodbye." 

I turned my back, and began walking away. 

• Upvote 2

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Raith - Refectory

I sit down in the Refectory next to Chekquars' former minions, but...there is something nagging at the back of my mind, something I have never experienced before:

Doubt.

A part of me is thinking 'Why am I doing this? What is my motivation, my real motivation?' All my life, I've lived in the shadows, never showing my true intentions or motives to anyone...I've become so entwined in my own deceit and my own facelessness that I've lost track of who the real me is - I don't know if the Raith under the surface is just another veneer conjured up by some subconscious part of my mind... 

I always thought that showing my genuine persona was a weakness, but now I realise that my abundance of fabricated identities only serve to make me lose my grasp on my actual self.

No. Do not be weak. Letting nothing show is the only way to ensure that your weaknesses are not exploited by your enemies.

But perhaps doing so only serves to make enemies...

No, do not be weak.

Yes, it is time to come into the light.

Kathok

IC: Shark / Visorak Wilds

Fake fake fake fake fake! ...But Kat was really scary!

No! He did not feel fear! He refused! He would hold his ground, grow accustomed to the fear, so that next time it was not so utterly terrifying.

But oh, was it terrifying now!

Nevertheless Shark swung his huge heavy sword viscously at Kat's torso, aiming to knock her aside before she could even manage to her close to him. If she did, somehow, she'd find Faithful ready to lash out as well.

Jayar met Hoto's gaze evenly. Certainly he would still doubt Phogen, it had even confessed entirely to its evil inclinations. He was supposed to trust someone like that?

Well... It worked for Hoto, apparently.

But he had no idea how or where to start. Phogen had somehow come to care for Hoto, and that made the whole thing possible. But he doubted Phogen cared about him in the same capacity. He just shrugged.

• Upvote 1

IC: Silver - Visorak wilds

The knife lodged itself in my back, millibio from my Kraata, but I didn't cry out. A moment's hesitation could cost me victory, and so my staff's blunt end was already swinging down towards the tiger-striped Rahk's gut. My armored hand was ready to defend if he tried anything funny, and I dug my legs deeper into the earth, bracing for a burst of vacuum.

IC: Exxan - Backstab (Jungle).

I might not have been the school's best fighter, but I was definitely one of its best thinkers. Getting out of this little predicament wouldn't be too difficult. I lashed out with Remembrance, intercepting the oncoming staff.

Then I made my move. I brought up my legs to kick out at his waist, channeling a powerful burst of air from the soles of my feet at the last moment, so that even if he managed to jump back or intercept the kick, the unexpected blast would hopefully still throw him off balance. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

As soon as he moved, I slid sideways - out of the way of his big feet. Was that really - ? My thought was cut off as a blast of wind blew me off balance, sending me staggering further than I'd expected. I righted myself and drew my hands into a guard, waiting for his next move.

Edited by Aerixx: Gukko Lord

IC: Snake - Refectory

Welp, I was in that assignment, so this guy really must have been asleep pretty long...perhaps for the same reason as me. But he was right, we need answers.

"C'mon Dodge, let's find out what the Karz is goin' on. I can learn to play Solid-Air later." I say, getting up.

OOC: I have an idea for why all my characters went into hibernation that could include Squid too if you like. I just need to make sure it's ok with Ultron first :)

Kathok

IC: Vitesse

After retrieving her arrows, Vitesse willed more targets to appear around her. She pulled out her knives, and started slashing. It was as if she was in a trance, slashing the targets to rubble. It was, in a sense, a deadly dance she performed.

IC: Shock

Ah, silence. Utterly boring. Granted, he had dropped the ball., but still. "Okay, seriously, at this point I just want a blasted matoran to pop out at us so I could drive by decapitate one."

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

IC: Shark / Visorak Wilds

Fake fake fake fake fake! ...But Kat was really scary!

No! He did not feel fear! He refused! He would hold his ground, grow accustomed to the fear, so that next time it was not so utterly terrifying.

But oh, was it terrifying now!

Nevertheless Shark swung his huge heavy sword viscously at Kat's torso, aiming to knock her aside before she could even manage to her close to him. If she did, somehow, she'd find Faithful ready to lash out as well.

Jayar met Hoto's gaze evenly. Certainly he would still doubt Phogen, it had even confessed entirely to its evil inclinations. He was supposed to trust someone like that?

Well... It worked for Hoto, apparently.

But he had no idea how or where to start. Phogen had somehow come to care for Hoto, and that made the whole thing possible. But he doubted Phogen cared about him in the same capacity. He just shrugged.

IC Catatonic:

His sword was too large and too heavy to come around quickly enough, and I tackled him to the ground, my own sword spearing for his chest.

My fear powers had long since stopped working. The only thing I was running off of now was a primal, animalistic rage. 

IC: Shark / Visorak Wilds Near Crawler

Strange, even though she had managed to tackle him, the fear was gone. Well, mostly. Having a vengeful blade plunged towards his chest did quite a bit to instill fear in Shark, but even as he fell to the ground he easily knocked it aside with Faithful, sustaining merely (as if decreed by a fate endlessly amused by decreeing odd coincidences) a scratch roughly mirror in severity and location to the one he had inflicted upon Kat earlier with Faithful.

This rage was more typical of a certain hotheaded Surahk that Kat.  "You're rather angry. Been taking lessons from Fang, perhaps?" Shark asked conversationally. He brought his own sword back towards his opponent, aiming to pummel Kat's Kraata case with the vaguely pointed pommel channeling into a small area the crushing force of a blow it would be nigh impossible to dodge at such close quarters.

OOC: Provided, that is, I understand properly what's going on. If this doesn't make sense then I will reconsider and edit accordingly. :)

Ic Catatonic: With my other hand, I intercepted his own swinging arm, forcing it back before it could do anything.

My only response to his words was a Rahkshi shriek, as I sent a wicked headbutt toward his smug faceplate. With his smaller sword arm stuck beneath my own, and his larger sword pinned with my arm, there would be no escape.

Karz, he had maybe just over no time at all. Looked like he was going to have to play this card now...

With the pommel still aimed at Kat's Kraata case, Shark activated the rocket launcher in his massive sword. Fang's vandalous grip had left that fully intact, at least, and with a hiss the pointed pommel rocketed out of the sword at Kat's head, at this close range too fast to dodge and too powerful to easily endure. At the very least, Kat should sustain a furious headache; at best, her Kraata would be crushed and killed.

IC: Fang - Visorak Jungle (Team Backstab)

Fang tore through the jungle at a furious stagger. Fear and worry were the only things even keeping him on his feet. Not so much for Kat... well, maybe a little. That Rahkshi had defeated him and Caoutchouc already. With allies, she was safe, but alone...

He didn't stop to consider it.

At last, he burst into the clear beach, nearly collapsing onto the sand as all hindrance vanished. There, a flash of red. Fang looked up to see that massive blade stabbing down towards her... rocketing away from the hilt.

"No!" he shouted desperately.

IC: Tube - Refectory

Tube picked up a tray and sat down next to Whak and Raith. They didn't seem to be very hungry any more. They nervously picked at the slop, their head frantically switching between its muddy color and Raith's odd armor. They thought it was only supposed to be them and Whak, not... her...

IC Phogen: With efficency and grace. Phogen took a few breaths, returning to a state of self control. She punctuated her trembling with a clear of the throat and a wipe of the eyes.

The rahkshi suddenly gave those gathered an icy stare. "If any of this emotional breakdown gets out, their will be repercussions. Please do not violate my trust." She raised her eyebrows, eyes still puffy, and said, daring Jayar to voice his compunctions with that glare, "Any questions?"

• Upvote 1

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

Unwilling to allow Kat to pin him down entirely, Shark pushed back against her. With all the power inherent in such an enormous Rahkshi he pushed her up and aside, hoping ultimately to roll over and situate himself on top of her.

Suddenly the glimpse of light was swallowed up again and Jayar was confronted once more with Phogen as a dangerous enemy. Already, it had threatened the three others present with undefined 'repercussions.' That was hardly the request of a true friend! Clearly (and perhaps rightfully) Phogen did not trust him, but if it wanted him to be quiet, it didn't need to threaten any of them. It could have just asked.

"Not at all," he told Phogen coolly.

OOC: Hope that Shark made actual sense, I'm pressed for time and probably won't be on again until tomorrow morning.

• Upvote 1

IC: Illusive - Entrance.

Leaving my prisoner tied up with the others, I shuffled up towards the school entrance. Seeing no one nearby, I went back and retrieved my captive, motioning for the others to follow my lead. 

Hoto pulled back with a shocked, yet still sympathetic smile. "Of course," she said gently. "But remember you can come to me any time."

IC Phogen: He smiled warmly at Hoto, patting her shoulder lightly. "Thank you. I will assuredly take you up on that offer." With a sigh that seemed to exhale the melodrama, she settled back into the cool, slick Phogen Hoto was used to. "In any case, I believe I have an organization to rebuild. I am not demanding, but I am offering further employment in the little study-group, mutual-protection, teamwork cabal I once had going."

She looked over Hoto's shoulder with a very businesslike, gregarious smirk at Jayar and Zelnos. "And I extend that invitation to those who have not previously been in my employ as well. I assure you, our group is exclusively of mutual benefit between members, and is run like an organization, not an oligarchy."

• Upvote 1

OOC: Might I ask how long the Oohnorak's effect lasts?

OOC: I imagine the paralysis ones probably keep you out for a few hours. Sorry, but Stronghold ain't getting out of this by himself in a hurry

IC: The trapped students, who now numbered three as Sanu, Sliver and Stronghold were webbed up and captured, were being dragged towards the centre of the overrun village, where the Kahgarak Queen was indulging herself trampling on every piece of masonry that so much as resembled a building, the glimmer of wicked glee shining in each of its enormous eyes. 

The Oohnorak were going to make the students offerings to their mistress, morsels for her to decide the fates of; mutate into servants...or lunch

The Venom Flyers did not have the best sight, so could not see the slight rippling in the air caused by Era's sound wave attack. Nor could they hear it over the buzzing of their own flight. So Era's target had no idea it was under any kind of attack until it was far far too late. Her blast hit it full on, and while anything with an endoskeleton might have survived, the vibrations were murder to the soft innards of the Flyer. It was rattled completely apart, bursting like a foul balloon and showering the ground with viscera. It gave the others cause to pause, and they withdrew a little, fleeing upwards to avoid the same fate

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Era - Backstab (Jungle).

There were times, not many, but some, where I'm glad I'm blind. This was one of those times. I could hear what was happening to the flying creature as it splattered into the ground, and was thankful I hadn't had to see it with my own eyes.

I felt bad for killing the poor creature; it'd probably just thought I was prey. But in a choice between me and it, I was going to pick me every time. The other creatures were pulling out, so I quickened my pace and soon reached the path. 

IC: Alpha/To the Crawler

I found something. Something that looked like Rahkshi went through here. I began to make my way to the Crawler.

IC: Stronghold/Heading Back Into the City

~KARZ.~

~That serves you right. Should've flew away when you had the chance.~

~But you keep telling me to fight.~

~Sometimes you can't win, bud.~

~Thanks. Now I'm going to die.~

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC Vaalku

Vaalku snapped the book shut in his hand and questioned where all that metal was. One-handed forging wouldn't be fun or easy, but it was better than having some inexperienced idiot mess it all up. At least he knew what then end result was to be. Maybe it was in the Infirmary still, or the Gym. He would have to check.

Getting up, he left to scan the infirmary.

IC: Lucid / Roof

The stars above, impassive, showed suddenly a sign. Look down. Lucid would never dream of disobeying the stars, and she immediately did so. She was met with an amazing, enlightening sight - the roof! "Of course!" she suddenly called out happily. "It's all so clear now! Thank you!"

OOC: Lucid open to interaction on the roof.

"Run like an organization?" Jayar mused quietly, almost to himself. "Run by whom? Obviously, you. ...No, that is not oligarchy. It is closer to monarchy, is it not?" At this point he accompanied his words, not harsh, with the raising of inquisitive eyebrow towards Phogen.

IC Phogen: "I prefer the term 'meritocracy', as it correctly implies a lack of tyrrany. As for leadership, well, no team could function effectively without a leader. I simply fill that role until someone with a more effective management style than treating others with respect, promoting strong, interpersonal cohesion, and never turning away a potential member because of what others percieve as a weakness or strictly political disagreement-" Phogen's reference to the two rahkshi before her was just veiled enough to be polite without losing its direct effect. "-comes along to replace me." She smiled sweetly at Jayar.
  • Upvote 1

IC: Venom and Liar - Causeway

Liar reached for his captive, throwing him over his shoulder as he went to follow Illusive. Venom did the same, mumbling that the Rahkshi of Magnetism would not be so lucky next time.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Torch - Nynrah

"This area is uninhabited." I say, my voice carried backwards in the rushing wind. "I doubt we'll see anyone."

We're skimming over the thin, dark forest now, the visible patches of soil a dull red thanks to the iron deposits in the rock.

"I guess we can visit one of the villages afterwards if you really want to..."

IC: Snake - Refectory

"Tridax...d'ya think that'll be...I dunno..."

Kathok

As soon as he moved, I slid sideways - out of the way of his big feet. Was that really - ? My thought was cut off as a blast of wind blew me off balance, sending me staggering further than I'd expected. I righted myself and drew my hands into a guard, waiting for his next move.

IC: Exxan - Backstab (Jungle). 

I got to my feet, sword at the ready, and glowered at my foe. I could finish him off, but it would take time, and that was something I just didn't have. "You want to help your team, right? And so do I." I lowered my sword and pointed at Rain's armour, "There's a Kraata on your team who will die if you don't get that armour back to her. If you stay here and fight me, that death is on your head."