Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Fang - Malebranche Warehouse

Fang remained silent and motionless through the whole confrontation. It wasn't his fight. But as the fear and shouting faded away, it was his time to step in. Someone had to keep these remnants together.

He stepped from the shadows, and his eyes passed through the small crowd sadly. Era, Jayar, Snake, and Caoutchouc. And of course, Shield, who still needed urgent aid. He spoke to each in turn, his voice low and uncertain. "Era... go find Hoto... please." Kat and Xara might need their time alone, but he worried about Hoto's safety in this place. "Snake, just... go, please. Shield might not make it another minute."

As he turned away, he realized he hadn't said a word to Caoutchouc. Perhaps there was just nothing else to do, or perhaps he still didn't trust the Rubberahk.

IC: Tear - Gym

This time, he was ready for it. Door's fortunate interference had saved him from his own ignorance. Tear only had time to turn and nod his thanks before the Guurahk was thrown backwards and another plasma-covered axe flew towards his head. Tear quickly ducked underneath and slashed with his daggers at Beat's legs.

IC: Xara - Alleyway. 

Slamming the door shut behind me, I sat down, propping myself up against it and letting Sand bound out of my arms to scamper along the alleyway. I let out a long, shaky breath, trying to cast off the lingering effects of Kat's Fear outburst. This whole situation was getting out of hand. The longer it dragged on, the more I began to doubt whether coming along had been in my best interests after all. I'd left all of my closest friends and fondest memories behind... Glass, Palma, the gym, my dorm... It was all gone. And for what? 

I'd been searching for a better life, a new purpose. Instead, all I'd found was a job babysitting a bunch of unskilled, unprepared rahks who couldn't bring themselves to make the hard choices. Not once, but twice now. 

My fists clenched at my sides, sparks dancing along my carapace, I bit back a sob. Not this... not again...

Sand kept her distance, happily toying with some unfortunate rodent she'd caught, and I tried to distract myself by focusing on her instead. She was mesmerising, in a way. Playful and happy, unconcerned with being taken from two different homes and dragged off into an ever-increasing spiral of chaos and danger and madness... Part of me wished I could be that carefree.

But I wasn't. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Era - Warehouse.

Fang's voice snapped me out of my trance. "I... um... sure, yes." I wasn't sure what to make of this whole situation. On the one hand, Xara had a point. Shield wasn't one of us. He'd abandoned us once before, and only come back because he'd needed help. What was to stop him from doing it again? But on the other hand, Kat was right. We couldn't just leave him to die, could we?

"Hoto?" I started moving deeper into the Warehouse, listening for her clickers, her breathing, anything. "Where'd you go?" 

Edited by Of Australian Origin...

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Hoto - Malebranche Warehouse

It would have been inaudible to anyone else, but Era's sensitive hearing just might be able to pick up a soft sobbing coming from around the corner.

"Hoto? Is that you?" I rounded the corner and approached her. "You okay? Fang's worried about you, and so am I." 

Hoto came into view, pressed up against the end of the passage. Her sobbing stopped for a moment as she shifted to take a look down the corridor of boxes. "E-Era? I... I'm fine... really," she choked out, not really sounding like it.

"It doesn't sound like it," I moved to sit beside her, "We'll be fine, you'll see."

"She didn't mean that... I don't think..." I tried to sound reassuring, and failed. I sighed, and started over. "Look, you know what Kat's like. She gets all worked up, gets emotional, gets angry, says stupid things... don't take it personally." 

IC Kat:

Tears staining my faceplates, I stormed away into the city, angrily slamming my fist into the side of a nearby building as I passed.

All of the effort I put forward, and this is how it's repaid. And Xara! even suggesting we let him die. Or that he'd deserved any of what had happened to him.

That gave me pause. What had happened to Shield, anyway?

IC: Melody-Halls

Melody had been sleeping in her little cave, she woke up, stretched, and crawled out.  She flew across the Causeway and landed at Corpus. As she walked in her demeanor was sad.   

IC: Booger-Courtyard

Booger had stooped to new lows, he was standing in the courtyard shouting at the Porters tending the flowers.  "Hey! You! Short and yellow! Guess what! You are short! What is so special about those dumb flowers anyway!"

The Porters ignored him.

OOC: Both are open for interaction.

Edited by Smudge8

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

IC: Mortsia

"His name I knew not

But he was blue and white

An illusionist we should have caught

But escape he did, and put up a fight."

IC: Draco

My first sword was arcing towards Rose's upper Palm, in order to cause pain, but not lose all of her fingers in the fight. The second sword aimed to make a gash on her leg. I hoped this would work, but what do I know? (Nothing, according to Sliver)

IC: Leviathan

Okay, there had to be a way to reduce the blood escaping my body. Concentrating, I use my powers to fold the metal on my upper arms to become thicker, thereby cutting off the blood. It was temporary, of course. After all, I needed my hand for my... Agenda.

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

IC--Beat--Gym

As the ringleader ducked beneath Beat's axe a sudden surge of dread ran through her, and she stumbled backwards instinctively, his daggers nicking her legs as she backpedaled. It didn't make sense; she had been fine a moment ago. Was the guy a Turahk? He didn't look like one, but that meant less than nothing around here. She was pretty sure Flabbergaster was one, but the duo had seemed to be menacing him as well, surely he wouldn't take their side...

"Seeing as I'm trying to bail you out, Flabbergaster, a little help would be appreciated!" she snarled, sending her brightly glowing bolas spinning toward her opponent's center of mass.

OOC: Just a heads up--I won't be able to post much,if at all, tomorrow. I should hopefully be back Thursday.

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

IC: Glaciem Ignis - Gym.

You know, I can't help but be amused at the way all of these people are going around targeting each other, yet they barely even look at us.

Why would they pick on us? 

Because we've got two heads. We're pretty much the most conspicuous rahk in the room.

Good point. You know you've probably just jinxed us, right?

Doubt it. 

"B-but... that d-doesn't make her wrong," Hoto stammered miserably. "I c-can't fight, even if I n-needed to. I c-came all the way out here... j-just to die." Her head fell into her hands, and she started sobbing again.

IC: Tear - Gym

Tear saw the bolas coming, and he had seen what had happened to Door, but it was no time to avoid them. The bolas wrapped around his torso and released their energy, throwing him across the Gym floor. Tear sliced at the cords with his daggers, trying to escape before his opponent got too close.

IC: Canvas - Hallways

The first Rahkshi Canvas came across was painted all in white, a rather boring color scheme. Maybe they had some interesting powers.

With her natural, cheery disposition, Canvas didn't even seem to notice how down Melody appeared. "Hi!" she chirped. "How's it going?"

"No, you didn't." Of that I was confident. "Did you try to abandon us? Did you go get yourself beaten to a pulp? Did you start an argument between Xara and Kat? Nope. So far, you seem to be one of the most level-headed people here." 

IC God Twins- Hall:

"Come, Ezec, let's find something more interesting to do."

"Hrmgh." 

The twin Gods exited the gym, headed for the courtyard.

Ic Burn:

Burn tumbled onto the ground outside the entryway, all but unconscious.

IC Diode:

Hmph. This whole thing was turning out to be a big waste of time.

IC Percy:

Maybe that guy with two heads had seen Kat. Well, only one way tofind out.

I walked close, and waved, "Excuse me, can I ask you something?"

OOC: All open for interaction.

"Um... sure..." we replied hesitantly, "...just keep your distance." 

"I don't think so, no."

"Sorry kid." 

"But look at me now," Hoto cried, maybe a little louder than was necessary. "R-running off when they n-needed me. I... I h-haven't done this since... since... D-D-Dekako." She could hardly say the name.

"Don't beat yourself up about it," I said soothingly, "That won't help anyone." 

"N-not talking about it d-doesn't mean it didn't happen. It did. I'm here, and everyone else is... g-gone. M-maybe for g-good. M-maybe I should b-be gone t-too."

"No, Hoto. Stop thinking like that. Please..." I didn't know what else to do. Karz... why is so hard comforting people...

"Yeah, bye." We waved him off.

He seemed like a nice kid.

Or he was just acting that way so we'd let our guard down.

Whatever...

OOC:

Doubt it.

You started a new phrase.

IC Flabbergaster

There was splitface jerks over by the other wall. Lucky. They didn't have a big fight going on in front of them irritating the Karz out of them.

He felt like making stairs to walk away from them, but... No, that would be too attention-grabbing.

He had no option but to sit and feel irritated.

IC Vaalku

Inch inch inch inch

Good heavens, why was he so tired?! Before he had been extremely strong and speedy, even for two limbs, and he was completely shot now.

IC (As Ipartsa): "Care to help me out and get that guy into the pit before he's free? He could cause you and I trouble if he cuts himself loose."

IC (As Tangirahk): As much as she wanted to be part of a band, the rahkshi looked dissatisfied at Dakilik due to him wanting to halt practice and while Frog was kind enough to make some music sheets, she didn't enjoy the look of him. "I quit. If you're so insistent on finding that other member rather than practicing now, that's fine. Now leave my room." Said the rahkshi as she walked off. 

Edited by Lewa the Soaring Champion

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC: Helix/Gym

The effects of the Rhotuka wore off I succumbed to my wounds and found myself in the pit. I looked around and I realized that I had nothing on me except for my swords. My stuff was still on the ground there!

OOC: I want to speed this along so I can get rid of him quicker. Also Vyper's free from the hassle of subduing a non-assassin.

IC: Tesla - Forest

Tesla tried to not smile when Call agreed to go with her. She was happy of it, but didn't want to make Vlad feel even worse. She jumped into flight mode, followed by Call.

Soon she noticed, that she lost Call. He'll be alright, Tesla thought, not stopping her flight.

At some point, I'll suddenly go on hiatus. I'm sorry for that.

Nik, but still pronounced as Nick

The Great Vakama or Clue official topic

IC: Vyper - Gym.

Aw, and I didn't even get to use his own gunpowder on him... Releasing the gravity that had been drawing the powder to my hand, I gathered up my remaining knives and switched to flight mode. 

I still had a few scores left to settle before this assignment was done. 

IC: Dormirahk & Vinna
An illusion rahk? Hmmm... maybe that's the one who put on that display back in the causeway. Sounds like there's some aggression going on there. "Alright, well, thanks for your time. If you do happen to see Vlad, let me know if we meet again, alright?" Dormirahk said.

Unfortunately for Dormirahk, Vinna had heard their mention of Vlad, and being that he didn't exactly have a buffet of leads on the guy, he decided to go speak with this rahkshi. What met him was a tall and burly sleep-rahk. "Oh... hello. I couldn't help but notice you mentioning something about someone named Vlad?"

"Uh, yeah. Vlad. You know something about the guy?" Dormirahk asked, to which Vinna shook his head and replied. "I'm afraid I am myself looking for him, with no leads at all. Perhaps we should team up in our search?"

Dormirahk considered what Vinna proposed for a moment. "Hmmm... alright, sounds fair enough. Why are you looking for him anyway?"

Vinna smiled. "That's between me and Vlad, I am afraid. It's a private matter."

IC: Door

Without losing a beat, Door had gotten right back up, and now charged, shield raised, at Beat with his morningstar aimed at the assailant's head.

OOC: Soz it took so long to get this post up...

IC: Snake - 4th Tier, Malebranche

I stare in silence. What?! They seemed to actually believe I was the best person for the job. No...I...I can't...Isn't this what you wanted? I'm acutely aware of Shield's life slipping away with every second. I realise my hands are shaking. No...I can't do it...It'll go wrong, I know it...But...this is my chance, my chance to prove my worth. The clock is ticking, Snake. I put my head in my hands, pain spearing through my mind. No. No! I can't. Tick tock, tick tock...I'll mess it up...That's right, let's take this chance to add today to your long list of failures. No...I have to...I have to take the risk. Shut up, shut upI can do this. But what if you fail? You will fail. Get out of my head!

I stride forwards towards the other two...my eyes are cold and resolute. I can't change my mind. I have to do this. I have to help. it doesn't matter how they see me, I have to help. But...

For a second, I hesitate.

I stop, coming to a halt. The kid coughs one last time, a pool of antidermic blood trickling from his head as his heart stops beating. Silence. My eyes are wide. I rush forwards madly, shaking the corpse by the shoulders, shouting his name as if doing so would call him back to the land of the living. I scream and scream until my throat is hoarse and tears blur my vision. You cannot change, Snake. You'll always be a coward. The others stare at me, but all I feel is a chilly hollowness inside me. Empty. Void. It's over...I'm over.

I blink away the vision. There's still time. Time to change, time to make a difference. I look down at Shield's barely alive form. "Let's do this." I say with more confidence than I feel.

Edited by OLISI
  • Upvote 1

Kathok

IC: Xara - Alleyway. 

Drawing a pair of Talons out of their roll, I picked out a target - a chunk of plywood stacked at the far end of the alleyway - and focused on it, picking out one tiny spot to aim at and trying to channel all of my anger and frustration into it. 

I flung the knife, hit my target, and teleported it back into my hand. And then I threw it again. Teleported it back. Threw again. But no matter how many times I threw, no matter how many times I struck that target, no matter how many times the blade plunged into the focal point for my pent-up emotions, it didn't make me feel any better.

I eventually gave up, remaining where I sat, slumped against the door with Sand still chasing mice over and around me. 

IC: Snap [Gym]

As Sliver's glass-wind attack hit Snal, she found it impossible to keep her grip any longer, and her fingers finally pried from the Gym floor, sendiung her into a graceful arc to the ground below,

"Ah, son of a Maku-" her voice was interrupted by the sound, and feeling, of her whole body hitting the ground, with the slightly more localized pain of the arrowhead being forced back up into her shoulder.

IC: Rose [Gym]

Her hand was steady as the sword arced into it, not even a flinch as it embedded into her palm, a few fingertips dropping to her feet,

"Ne-Nice aim!" She spoke as if a few of her exteremities had not just been removed from her hand, by a sword that was also lodged in the same hand. "It's cle-ar you've b-been practi- AAAGH!" As she took a step forward, her leg took the second sword, the unexpected gash causng her to lose her balance, and sending her to the floor where she just started giggling again,

"Th-is, hhe, isn't a ve-ve-very fair fightm you know-w," she hissed in mild amusement, blood leaking all over the floor, "You sh-should've WARNED me first!"

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

IC: Sliver - Gym. 

My work finally finished at the pit, I moved towards Recherche but kept a healthy distance, just for courtesy's sake. "Any suggestions as to who we ought to target next?" The remaining assassins seemed to scared to reveal themselves; rooting out those that remained was going to be more of a chore than a challenge...

__________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Vyper - Gym. 

There you are... I landed, circling around the crowd to approach my target from behind. They were clearly preoccupied, talking with some obscenely defective creature while watching a fight unfold. Perfect...

Silently moving closer, I drew a trio of knives and flung them, one after the other, towards Ipartsa's exposed back. 

IC (As Ipartsa): The trio of knives dug themselves deep into the Kraata case. The slug was physically unharmed, but its ear piercing scream of pain could be heard through the gym. "Medic! I need a medic!" 

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.