Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

OOC: Sure thing man. I've been enjoying it immensely, but if you think its been dragging I'm fine with ending it.

Short / Gymnasium, Fighting Jayar \ IC:

As Short was already on Jayar, he was already not as fast as he could have been. Still, the attempt to crush Short was partially successful, though not exactly as expected. The little Rahkshi swung around to latch onto Jayar's neck, but its legs were still pinned under the larger Rahkshi's body. Still, Short likely had a win on its hands, as it had now gotten one arm fully wrapped around the neck joint and the hand of the other arm was ready to rip the face plate off Jayar's head. It was a good thing that Kraata of slow were more resistant to pain and damage than most others, or Short might have passed out from having its legs crushed.

Gasping with the pain and stress of the current situation, Short managed to say, "Do y'all - ergh - concaide ta - umph - mae?"

OOC: Feel free to end it either way - whoever you think deserves the win. Jayar could probably hold Short back long enough for it to pass out from pain if you want to go that route.

Metal / Courtyard, Playing Heavy Metal Rahk \ IC:

Between playing, screaming, resting, and overall being ignored by most of the other Rahkshi, Metal was mildly disheartened. To be sure, being ignored was better than being provoked to violence, as earlier; still, he wanted some sort of interaction. Thus, after a short period of letting his voice and fingers take a break, the power scream Rahkshi jumped on another rock and started playing as loud as he could (while still maintaining his perfect sound, of course). He then launched for into a wicked song full of awesomeness that the readers of this post will have to imagine.

OOC: Metal still open for interaction. XP

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

IC: Tube

At their master's reassuring words, Tube jumped up like nothing was wrong. They happily followed to the gym and stood a distance from their master, just close enough to be of any assistance, but far enough to not get in the way.

When Checkers took out their weapon, Tube's eyes widened. "You got a fancy weapon too?" They looked down to their own glove. It might be nice to practice with it.

The first bolts didn't even land near Tube's target. After a while, they got closer and closer until one skimmed off the side of the practice dummy. Tube jumped and shouted at their success and fired a few more inaccurate volleys.

IC: Hoto

Hoto didn't even flinch at Phogen's request. It only made sense.

And I can't let her see any weakness. Blind or not, I can handle anything anyone else can!

Out loud, she said "What do you need?"

OOC: Tube open to interaction.

IC: Hoto[/b]

Hoto didn't even flinch at Phogen's request. It only made sense.And I can't let her see any weakness. Blind or not, I can handle anything anyone else can!

Out loud, she said "What do you need?"

IC Phogen

Phogen grabbed a few rolled maps of different regions of the world, and gracefully flipped over the edge of the bookshelf and landed near-silently before them. He dusted himself off gave Hoto a gentle hand on the shoulder and said, gently and carefully, making sure not to offend. "I get the feeling you don't see too well, but manage to compensate spectacularly. I left my book up on the top of the shelf. Can you get it for me, perhaps?"

IC Kat: I tilt my head, looking for all the world like my namesake. Minus the ears.

"What did you have in mind?"

Releasing Hoto, he headed over to Kat. He handed her the four scrolled maps. With a testing grin and an impishly jovial eye, he said "Tell me the nature of the world from these four maps."

IC: Omega

Omega ran into the library, his head moving upwards towards the bookshelf she was on earlier.

Phogen gave him a curled eyebrow. "Are you quite done?"

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

IC: Exxan.

Exxan soon arrived at the library. He'd gotten rid of his old favourite knife - the one that had been covered in his own blood, and had now taken to using Blossom to keep himself distracted. Spinning it around in his hand without tapping the blade and setting off the illusory cloud was proving quite a challenge, but he was sure he could improve given time. 

As he entered the library, he spotted Phogen up on top of one of the bookshelves, and sheathed the knife as he approached. "Phogen." he said in greeting. A few days ago, he had looked to Phogen as a potential role model, a leader to be followed, a person to aspire to be like. But they had both leveled up together, so as far as Exxan was concerned, they were equals now. 

That said, he was fine following Phogen's lead. Exxan was a scholar, not a strategist, but Phogen was a mastermind. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Jayar / The Gym

Though his opponent was on the verge of defeating Jayar, Short was on the verge of defeat himself. Jayar managed to force out the words, "How about we call it a draw?" His opponent gave a nod and released his Slowness power, allowing Jayar to rise, releasing Short's legs from their painful capture.

Allowing his opponent a moment to recover, Jayar said: "You may be small in stature, but your strategic Wisdom and unyielding Valor rival those of even the largest Rahkshi. You have earned my great respect - and, if you would have it," he continued, holding out his right hand to his miniscule partner to shake, "my friendship."

OOC: Thanks for the epic fight Toa of Dancing. Hope the conclusion is satisfying. :D

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Hoto gave a quick nod and ran to the shelf.

That's it? Grabbing a book?

It was easy to remember the shelf Phogen had been on. Hoto grabbed on to the highest shelf she could reach and pulled.

She hadn't had the chance to climb often, but this didn't seem so hard. She could clearly feel the necessary motions from Rahi she had observed. She reached up another hand and...nothing. Pressed to the books like this, she couldn't accurately tell where the next shelf was.

She started breathing a little harder, but pushed herself to focus. Beneath her, she could feel other shelves, so she could estimate where the next would be. She reached up a hand more confidently and bumped the bottom. Now that she knew what to do, she scurried up the side like a forest Rahi, clicks echoing from each motion. A hand, a foot, a hand, a foot. Her strong and nimble frame was perfect for this, and she quickly reached the top. For a moment, she paused, not feeling any more shelves and getting worried she did something wrong. Then her clicks returned to her audio receptors and she could see she had climbed to the top.

There, a slight bump laying on the flat surface. The book. She grabbed it and leapt off, using her flight to lower herself to the ground.

There was Phogen, waiting for her. She approached and handed off the book.

"Easy," she smirked.

IC: Omega

Omega panted. "Yes. Sorry." He rubbed his head, his back also aching from the kick Snakey gave him.

Phogen nodded slowly, his face that of disappointment more than anything else. "Go find those you inconvenienced, and apologize for yourself and for my insufficient control over you. In fact, invite them to come talk to me about potential employment." He smiled wryly. That was a fitting punishment.

Exxan soon arrived at the library. He'd gotten rid of his old favourite knife - the one that had been covered in his own blood, and had now taken to using Blossom to keep himself distracted. Spinning it around in his hand without tapping the blade and setting off the illusory cloud was proving quite a challenge, but he was sure he could improve given time.

As he entered the library, he spotted Phogen up on top of one of the bookshelves, and sheathed the knife as he approached. "Phogen." he said in greeting. A few days ago, he had looked to Phogen as a potential role model, a leader to be followed, a person to aspire to be like. But they had both leveled up together, so as far as Exxan was concerned, they were equals now.

That said, he was fine following Phogen's lead. Exxan was a scholar, not a strategist, but Phogen was a mastermind.

Phogen gave Exxan a wide smile and a wave over. She wanted to summon the Rahk over to check out the new recruits. He had a new gait about him. A bit of a swagger as it were. He wore it well. Broad shoulders flared proudly outwards, eyes undistracted by trifles and underlings, a masculine lead to his stance. Her pet project was certainly producing an enticing result.

She leaned against a nearby table, arching her shoulders and back in a feminine way, trying to show a little hip with a bend of the knee. It was an almost thoughtless move, justified with an afterthought of allying with one of the moe powerful figures in the school. "Ah, Exxan! How convenient. I was hoping you could help me analyze the newbies here."

Hoto gave a quick nod and ran to the shelf.That's it? Grabbing a book?

It was easy to remember the shelf Phogen had been on. Hoto grabbed on to the highest shelf she could reach and pulled.

She hadn't had the chance to climb often, but this didn't seem so hard. She could clearly feel the necessary motions from Rahi she had observed. She reached up another hand and...nothing. Pressed to the books like this, she couldn't accurately tell where the next shelf was.

She started breathing a little harder, but pushed herself to focus. Beneath her, she could feel other shelves, so she could estimate where the next would be. She reached up a hand more confidently and bumped the bottom. Now that she knew what to do, she scurried up the side like a forest Rahi, clicks echoing from each motion. A hand, a foot, a hand, a foot. Her strong and nimble frame was perfect for this, and she quickly reached the top. For a moment, she paused, not feeling any more shelves and getting worried she did something wrong. Then her clicks returned to her audio receptors and she could see she had climbed to the top.

There, a slight bump laying on the flat surface. The book. She grabbed it and leapt off, using her flight to lower herself to the ground.

There was Phogen, waiting for her. She approached and handed off the book.

"Easy," she smirked.

Phogen took the book with a wide grin, and a comforting pat on the shoulder. "You did well, my friend!" Looking over to Exxan, she said "Climbed all the way to the top of that shelf, and can't even see. Oh! Where are my manners? This is Exxan, my associate. Who might you be?"

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

"Making some new allies, are we?" Exxan mused, standing beside Phogen and looking at the newbie. "Can't see, you said?" this was an interesting development. He didn't realise the Makuta were letting defective Kraata into the school. That said, if this rahk really was blind, they must have found a way to cope with it. "That's intriguing..." he admitted, "...I might have some questions for you later on, if you have the time." She would be a very interesting case study for his research into the behaviours and evolution of the new Rahkshi breed. 

But then, he finally realised something: he was one of the first of the new breed to gain a level.

He had just become a part of his own study. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Squid

Squid decided he was hungry, so he went to the refectory. He held out a plate and looked the other way, with his disgust plainly showing.

"I'd rather eat the phlegm from when I leveled up than this... but I'm really hungry and there's no phlegm left. Ughh..."

He sat down and poked at the mush with his finger. A piece got stuck, and Squid frantically waved his hand around, accidentally shocking the piece. It became blackened and charred, since Squid's chain lightning had activated and somehow fried the mush. Squid put the piece in his mouth and reeled backwards. 

"Not as bad as before, but still pretty bad."

He put his finger back in the mush and fried the lot. 

"At least it'll be somewhat bearable now."

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

IC Kat: I snorted, "Relegated to paperwork, huh?" I shook my head with a smile,"Guess we all start somewhere. Give me a few minutes to look these over."

I grabbed the maps and walked over to an empty table, spreading them out before me.

OOC: um.... What exactly should I be seeing on these non-descript maps? Just so I can get an idea of where to take this?

Edited by The UltimoScorp

IC: Raptor

Raptor was heading towards his own dorm when he heard some voices. Taking a few more step, he discovered Omega and Revenge. Now was the time.

"Oh, Revenge. Hey. Just wanted to say that after analyzing all I'd found yesterday, I found that you despise me. I understand why. You weren't even supposed to be part of the experiment, so your anger is justified. As a scientist, I find it illogical to have you as an enemy. As your classmate, I have no wish to be your rival. I just want to let you know that I hold no personal malice against you. Thanks for listening." he then turned to Omega.

"I'll see him, for sure. I'm not promising anything, though."

Edited by Gukko Lord

OOC: A map of the southern islands, a map of Metru Nui relative to Xia, with Karz not present. A torn map showing the relationship between the north and south continents relative to each other, and an aging, large papyrus map showing Zakaz, Stelt, Xia, and a poorly defined strip of the northern continent,

Hoto cocked her head at Exxan's offer, a quick click somehow making it more comedic. "Um... sure?" She gave a reluctant look back to Kat, who was still pouring over the maps. In her efforts to show off, she had completely ignored her own friend's trial. She would go back to help, but...

OOC: I'm already working on Fang and Hoto's meeting. Just letting even a mention of Fang slip out would probably set Hoto off to find him. :D

OOC: Are there any forest areas on the island of campus?

IC: Toxin and Bullseye/In their dorm

They discussed more about that comment that they heard in the halls.

"So...what do we do now?"

"We keep tabs on everyone. And I mean everyone. It helps to know their abilities and their growth. We also need to catch up if we're going to get anywhere...I'm going to go hunting. And perhaps go through the Cauldron and see what I can find. I saw that some people are experts with machinery and I found my systematic personality appealing to the idea of constructing device. I want to make grapple guns."

"Okay, then? Wait. Grapple guns? You serious? You might want to read up before you start doing anything new."

"That's why I'm going to the library first. You go to the refectory and start looking around. Collect anything you find interesting."

"Cool. I'll get something to eat while I'm at it."

Just as Toxin was about to leave, Bullseye remembered his own experience with the food.

"By the way, use some of that Brakas jerky. The slop they serve tastes horrible!"

"Oh. Okay."

OOC: So Bullseye is headed to the Library and is open to interaction on his way there. Toxin is also open to interaction on his way to the Refectory. It might be good to know that they are going to form a group based on info gathering. What will they do with all this info, though...hmm? 

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

Hoto cocked her head at Exxan's offer, a quick click somehow making it more comedic. "Um... sure?" She gave a reluctant look back to Kat, who was still pouring over the maps. In her efforts to show off, she had completely ignored her own friend's trial. She would go back to help, but...

OOC: I'm already working on Fang and Hoto's meeting. Just letting even a mention of Fang slip out would probably set Hoto off to find him. :D

IC Phogen

He smiled at the blind Rahk, giving her another tender pat on the forearm, detecting the unease. He cooed, caring and generous "You can go help her. It won't detract from a score or anything. I promise." He gave a warm chuckle at the end of this, letting Hoto know all was well.

Releasing her, Phogen then turned to the new recruit that had approached.

Raptor walked into the library and looked at Phogen.

"You requested to see me?"

Phogen smiled. She could figure this one's test out in a flash. He was fascinated by everything. That bow of Snake's in particular. Time to give him a new case study. She removed the launcher from her arm with a snap and flourish. She set it on the table behind her. "Yes. I need you to figure out what this does, but I can't have you touching it. You seemed like the right man for the job. Very ordered, scientific, curious."

Phogen then turned to Exxan, looking him up and down. He was lost in thought. She decided to pierce that shell with a question. "I'm surprised you are not studying this level transformation we have undergone. Is there a reason for that?"

OOC: So Bullseye is headed to the Library and is open to interaction on his way there. Toxin is also open to interaction on his way to the Refectory. It might be good to know that they are going to form a group based on info gathering. What will they do with all this info, though...hmm? 

IC: Hyaku

Hyaku frowned at the tome it was reading. After carefully scavenging from the Rahkshi Naming Day leftovers, it had found a few useful items. This book was the most interesting find. Written in a very strange language, it puzzled Hyaku to no end. The unusual language was deceptively simple. All Hyaku could decode was that the writer wanted to hide whatever they wrote. All the more reason to try to decode it. It thought. After a few fruitless hours, Hyaku promptly stood up. I should probably get something to eat. Good thing my taste receptors don't work well.

On the way to the Refectory, Hyaku noticed an interesting looking Rahkshi also going to the Refectory. I haven't done anything interesting as of late. Might as well start a conversation. 

Hyaku quickened its pace to walk parallel to the other Rahkshi. Hyaku asked, "Hey, are you going to eat?"

OOC: Take it away ArcticFreeze17. Otherwise it will be assumed my character talked to a NPC and accomplished nothing.

Edited by meowmachine

What do I write here?

Someone, say something funny so you can be remembered for posterity.

"Hmm. Interesting... it's a gun... wait a sec... why's the launching mechanism so far away from the trigger? Dude, don't you know that the farther the trigger is from the launching mechanism the more it slows down your shot? I mean, nanoseconds could mean the difference between a hit and a miss! Also, these little slope parts at the base of the opening are unnecessary and actually make you shots go a little higher than what you aim for. Have you ever studied ballistics? I can tell you what it does. It shoots stuff, but it's slightly defective. Like I said, 'slight' may equal 'complete fail'."

"Hm?" he looked up. Phogen had asked him a question. "Ah, yes, there is a reason. I've tried to remain as impartial as I can in my behavioural studies, since I don't want to influence the result of my research with my own bias. I never expected I would be one of the first of our entire species to level up. It's making me reconsider my goals, since I now have little choice but to involve myself in my studies." 

He frowned, "Why are you so interested all of a sudden?" 

"I...I can't read the maps. Sorry." Her apology was directed more towards Kat than Phogen.

IC: Fang

Fang jerked awake, breathing hard and grasping at his side. He could feel the Twins digging into him, clawing deeper and deeper, his vision fading, Exxan standing over him proudly.

"You're weak," he'd say. "Just as I knew you were."

But it was just a dream. He was alive, sitting up in bed, not on Nynrah.

Fang stood up and tried to forget it. His face was still and emotionless as he opened the door. As he walked out, he dragged his sword rather than leaning on it, standing tall and imposing. If the whole school was watching him, he might as well make a good show.

And besides, he was hungry.

OOC: Fang open to interaction.