Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Exxan.

"Hm?" he looked up. Phogen had asked him a question. "Ah, yes, there is a reason. I've tried to remain as impartial as I can in my behavioural studies, since I don't want to influence the result of my research with my own bias. I never expected I would be one of the first of our entire species to level up. It's making me reconsider my goals, since I now have little choice but to involve myself in my studies."

He frowned, "Why are you so interested all of a sudden?"

IC Phogen

She decided to play it enigmatic, but straight. Leaning back a little farther, letting her chestplate and hips become more pronounced, she simply smirked and said "You aren't the only rahkshi with three levels, my dear associate."

IC: Raptor

"Hmm. Interesting... it's a gun... wait a sec... why's the launching mechanism so far away from the trigger? Dude, don't you know that the farther the trigger is from the launching mechanism the more it slows down your shot? I mean, nanoseconds could mean the difference between a hit and a miss! Also, these little slope parts at the base of the opening are unnecessary and actually make you shots go a little higher than what you aim for. Have you ever studied ballistics? I can tell you what it does. It shoots stuff, but it's slightly defective. Like I said, 'slight' may equal 'complete fail'."

She idly fueled the motorspeak. "And what exactly does it launch?"

IC: Omega

Omega stood obediently. He enjoyed following orders from Phogen.

He looked to Omega with a smile. "Thank you. Don't you feel better now?" Edited by Funkydude527

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

IC Kat: I pored over the maps, moving them around on the table. They meant nothing apart, but together.....

I thought about Hoto. I'd had every confidence that she'd have completed her task. Living for weeks blind couldn't have been easy, but she's adapted so well, and I'd be willing to bet my life on her abilities.

Even so.... Maybe I should have said something...

I turn my attention back to the maps. There was something.... Oddly familiar about the layout. Almost.... Like parts of a body. Like the inner workings of something massive. But I wasn't sure. I took a breath, and arranged them again.

OOC: nooo, Hoto, I'm sooorry!

Also, hope this is a direction I can go with these maps. I'll post something showing my findings to Phogen later.

• Upvote 2

IC: Revenge

"I was told you wanted to see me Phogen?"

He confidently crossed his arms across the front. "Yes. I would like to know what you think of this place. I hear you are from outside the walls, born of another Makuta, and I think that provides a unique perspective."

OOC: Indeed you may go there, my good Kat.

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

"From what I can gain, it fires... well, a normal, solid projectile wouldn't be able to go out of its opening. And its design isn't suited to shooting liquid, that's for sure. Weird. There doesn't seem to be enough room to generate a plasma... probably some kind of energy. Electromagnetic energy won't work, because the best way to generate light would be through a plasma, which is already impossible. Sound energy? No, there are no visible attachments to create a vibration... Everything I've said so far are types of kinetic energy. Maybe... maybe something completely different. A new type of kinetic energy! Whoa! Can you let me see it up close! Dang, I could explain so many holes in my theories through that!" Raptor regained his composure just long enough to say, "Oh, yeah, so it fires a type of kinetic energy..."

Edited by Gukko Lord

"Fair point," Exxan shuffled, slightly uncomfortable. He had a feeling he knew exactly what Phogen wanted. "But I'm curious. Is this interest of yours actually in my work, or in making sure I remain your ally? Like you said, I'm not the only level three around here." 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Revenge

"I have only been here a few days, my perspective is still forming and my not yet be relevant.  What do you think of this place?"

Phogen nodded. "I think it is a great place to learn. I know I have grown much since I have started interacting with the other students. It also is excellent practice for employment in the Brotherhood. If you take the time to find intellectual company, it also makes for a good forum for ideas."

"From what I can gain, it fires... well, a normal, solid projectile wouldn't be able to go out of its opening. And its design isn't suited to shooting liquid, that's for sure. Weird. There doesn't seem to be enough room to generate a plasma... probably some kind of energy. Electromagnetic energy won't work, because the best way to generate light would be through a plasma, which is already impossible. Sound energy? No, there are no visible instruments to create a vibration... Everything I've said so far are types of kinetic energy. Maybe... maybe something completely different. A new type of kinetic energy! Whoa! Can you let me see it up close! Dang, I could explain so many holes in my theories through that!" Raptor regained his composure just long enough to say, "Oh, yeah, so it fires a type of kinetic energy..."

Phogen nodded. "Impressive. You may look, but do not touch."

"Fair point," Exxan shuffled, slightly uncomfortable. He had a feeling he knew exactly what Phogen wanted. "But I'm curious. Is this interest of yours actually in my work, or in making sure I remain your ally? Like you said, I'm not the only level three around here."

Phogen smiled, teeth showing like a predator. She enjoyed this little sparring. "And why are those two goals conflicting instead of convenient?"

OOC: Darn, last post of the page, and everyone missed it. Basically, Hoto's sorry too, and Fang's having nightmares, then breakfast.

IC: Fang

Up ahead was one of the Rahkshi that passed him before. He seemed to have stopped and listened for a moment while Fang was talking. Perhaps he was interested in Fang's cause. But to be safe, Fang hung back behind him, not daring to initiate the conversation.

Exxan thought that over for a second. "I'll concede that you may have a point there. But how can I be sure you aren't just going to use that alliance to further your own ends? I'm no one's pawn, Phogen." He wasn't accusing her, just warning him.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Phogen

"Yes." She slid the launcher back on with a twist. "What sonic frequency would shatter the protodermis allow used in Rahkshi armor?"

Exxan thought that over for a second. "I'll concede that you may have a point there. But how can I be sure you aren't just going to use that alliance to further your own ends? I'm no one's pawn, Phogen." He wasn't accusing her, just warning him.

She gave him a moody frown and a cross of the arms "Who said anything about a new alliance? The arrangement is the same as before, I just simply would like further involvement in your studies." Her frown had slowly morphed back into a curt smile Edited by Funkydude527

Exxan wasn't sure he entirely believed her; Phogen always had hidden motives.

But he played along anyway. "Well, I was planning to involve you anyway, since, as you said, you're also a level three Rahkshi. But I think I've observed enough in just this conversation to determine that you haven't changed much. More ambitious than ever, perhaps, but apart from that, not too much about you has changed."

Edited by Roman Torchwick

IC: Bullseye

Bullseye made it the library and began reading several engineering books. Along with many other crafting books. It helped to learn how to create more arrow on his own. He looks up and spots Exxan and Phogen who he heard got to level 3. He continued to read, regardless of the obvious chance to examine and gather information for his newly founded group, the Dimir.

OOC: I just realized that calling my group the Brotherhood (Like the Assassin's Creed faction) could cause complications. I'm somewhat surprised that no one caught that. So I decided to call their band of Rahkshi, the Dimir. Like the MTG Ravnica Guild.

BTW, he's open to interaction.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC: Hoto

Hoto could feel the casual tension between the two, but didn't quite know what they were arguing about. Besides, it was getting too crowded over here. She stepped out of the group surrounding Phogen and stood over Kat's shoulder. To her, the maps were little more than parts of the table, and she wouldn't have noticed them if she didn't know about them. Of course, she couldn't read them.

"What have you found out?"

Exxan wasn't sure he entirely believed her; Phogen always had hidden motives.

But he played along anyway. "Well, I was planning to involve you anyway, since, as you said, you're also a level three Rahkshi. But I think I've observed enough in just this conversation to determine that you haven't changed much. More ambitious than ever, perhaps, but apart from that, not too much about you has changed."

IC Phogen

She came a small, self-assured snort, and then permitted herself a genuine emotional response, much to her own disgust. She rubbed the small front cap of her kraata casing (nose), and looked bashfully down at her feet, which shuffled a bit. She cleared her throat, regained her smug composure, and continued. "Your complements do not make up for your lack of empiricism. Where are your physical growth measurements? Vacuum density readings? Decibel maximum tests? Do you have any hard, cold data, supposed scientist?"

Raptor grinned. Sonics were really fun. Many times, he had found himself wishing he was a Rahkshi of Sonics.

"Frequency? Shatter? Protodermis? The sound you're using has to be extremely high, powerful enough to make someone deaf. Even glass is relatively hard to shatter. Rahkshi armor is tens of times harder. There are too many variables to say whether a frequency will work for every individual armor casing, so it is impossible to say exactly what frequency would be necessary, as it has never been done and won't be done any time soon. One frequency could work for some armors and not others. There is no exact answer."

OOC: Funky, your last post was directed at Exxan, and not Raptor, right?

Edited by Gukko Lord

Exxan decided that he'd won that round. "I do apologise; I've been a little busy. I ran into Dodge, who told me about someone named Wraith who apparently tried to kill all of the team leaders during the last assignment. And then Squid told me that Fang was gathering a mob to hunt me down for some unknown reason. So I hope you'll forgive the fact that I've been a little busy to think about research just right at this moment." 

IC Kat:

I look up to see Hoto 'looking' over my shoulder.

I sigh, "that's just it, there's nothing very special about these maps. Each one is a simple topographic representation of the various areas of the world..... "

I place the map of Metru Nui at the top of the table. And the one of karda nui in the centre. The others are strewn about either side.

"But," I continued, "I feel like I've seen structures like these in our Anatomy classes. The map of Metru Nui looks remarkably similar to that Toa brain cross section.... And this one of Karda, it.... Well, it looks like a heart. I'm not sure about these others, but...."

I spoke up so Phogen and the others could hear, "It would seem we all live inside a much larger being. These maps are... Almost like an anatomical map of.... Something." I looked to Phogen. "Think Tridax would want to hear this...?"

I heard Exxon mention Wraith, and my face darkened.

Edited by The UltimoScorp

Raptor grinned. Sonics were really fun. Many times, he had found himself wishing he was a Rahkshi of Sonics.

"Frequency? Shatter? Protodermis? The sound you're using has to be extremely high, powerful enough to make someone deaf. Even glass is relatively hard to shatter. Rahkshi armor is tens of times harder. There are too many variables to say whether a frequency will work for every individual armor casing, so it is impossible to say exactly what frequency would be necessary, as it has never been done and won't be done any time soon. One frequency could work for some armors and not others. There is no exact answer."

OOC: Funky, your last post was directed at Exxan, and not Raptor, right?

He nodded. "Knee joint on typical armor, then. Use your own as a baseline."

Exxan decided that he'd won that round. "I do apologise; I've been a little busy. I ran into Dodge, who told me about someone named Wraith who apparently tried to kill all of the team leaders during the last assignment. And then Squid told me that Fang was gathering a mob to hunt me down for some unknown reason. So I hope you'll forgive the fact that I've been a little busy to think about research just right at this moment."

She chuckled and replied "Well, if you ever need a case study, I am more than willing to subject myself to your testing. After all, I am dolling it out for all currently present. Why not take a little test of my own?" She knew he would pick up on that hint in her sentence. He always could pick up subtleties like that.

IC Kat:

I look up to see Hoto 'looking' over my shoulder.

I sigh, "that's just it, there's nothing very special about these maps. Each one is a simple topographic representation of the various areas of the world..... "

I place the map of Metru Nui at the top of the table. And the one of karda nui in the centre. The others are strewn about either side.

"But," I continued, "I feel like I've seen structures like these in our Anatomy classes. The map of Metru Nui looks remarkably similar to that Toa brain cross section.... And this one of Karda, it.... Well, it looks like a heart. I'm not sure about these others, but...."

I spoke up so Phogen and the others could hear, "It would seem we all live inside a much larger being. These maps are... Almost like an anatomical map of.... Something." I looked to Phogen. "Think Tridax would want to hear this...?"

I heard Exxon mention Wraith, and my face darkened.

She smiled. "Congratulations. You have passed. I would recommend not sharing that revelation, however. I think our good headmaster would not want anyone but him discovering such a thing. I would not bring it up at this juncture. Unless, you know, you want to see what witness elimination through disintegration feels like."

Raptor shook his head.

"As much as I'd want to do that, I don't have the resources. Unless..." his mind started screaming at him. "I could do it only if I had one thing... if I had Whisper's Bane, I'd be able to figure it out. I'd be able to figure it all out!" He looked at Phogen.

"Help me acquire Whisper's Bane, and I'll do that experiment and be your loyal scientist. Refuse, and I'm leaving. It's up to you."

"And what kind of test would that be, exactly?" Exxan inquired innocently. 

Hoto was about to reply and congratulate Kat when she picked up a name she didn't think she'd hear again. "Wait, Fang did what?" She turned back to the group. There was no chance it could be the same Fang.

OOC: Might as well get this going. :D

Edited by Click

"It would seem we all live inside a much larger being. These maps are... Almost like an anatomical map of.... Something. Think Tridax would want to hear this...?"

IC: Bullseye

"We supposedly live inside a larger being....Interesting. I wonder if I should steal those documents for myself?"

He adds that to his list of notes and heads out to the causeway.

IC: Toxin

Seeing as the Rahkshi didn't want to say anything else but hello. He proceeded to enter the Refectory and eat the slop with the addition of his Brakas jerky.

OOC: Both characters are open for interaction.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

"And what kind of test would that be, exactly?" Exxan inquired innocently.

Phogen mirrored the innocent pose with a shrug. "You're the scientist here."

Phogen waved a dismissive hand. "Allow me to discuss it with Snake."

OOC:....which I will need to do.

Edited by Funkydude527

"Maybe." Now that she thought about it, she recalled Exxan mentioning a Fang earlier. He had said Fang was "a moralist." That he was crazy.

"Have you met him? What is he like?"

IC: Fang

Fang continued unnoticed to the Refectory. He waited in line for his food, trying to remain in the background.

IC: Anubissium

Anubissium wandered into the library, following the school map she held in her hand. If she was to find her brother, starting in a largely-populated area would be the easiest. She saw a Rahkshi apparently holding court by one of the tables, surrounded by at least four others. She wandered over to the group, asking at random, “What’s going on here?”

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

Exxan didn't react. "Now you're just being cryptic." as much fun as it was matching wits with Phogen, it had gone on long enough. It was time to stop hiding behind double meanings and speak plainly. "Let's cut to the chase," he said smoothly, "what do you want?" 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

IC: Burst

Burst noticed a rahkshi that he thought was Abyssium enter the library.

"Hey, Abyssium, any luck with the new faction? Recruited anyone yet?"

When the newcomer turned around, Burst froze. That was not Abyssium, but another Darkness rahkshi.

"S***, sorry I thought you were someone else..."

Wait, didn't Abyssium mention that he had a sibling? And the newcomer reacted to the name, as if she knew it.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC: Squid

Squid whirled around to see Green, and for the first time in his life said a bad phrase.

"Karz yeah! I tried frying the food with my powers, but it barely makes it better. I'm totally with you if it means fixing this nasty, unhealthy food."

Edited by Pohatu: Master of Stone

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015