Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Raptor

Raptor walked into the library.

"So, Phogen, what have you decided?"

She shrugged. "I have decided it is not my right to give such a gift. Talk to Snake. Perhaps he will permit it."

IC: Revenge

"I have the skills necessary to get done what I wan't to get done."

He chuckled warmly. "Enigmatic, are we? Well, I am not sure what you would be doing in my little troupe, then. Whatever is necessary, I suppose."

IC: Exxan.

Exxan shivered involuntarily as Phogen released his hand. He wondered what exactly he'd gotten himself into; it felt like he'd just signed away his soul. Phogen leaned back, and Exxan did his best not to acknowledge the fact that she was clearly trying to seduce him. "Right now, I need assistance with an issue other than my research," he explained, coughing uncomfortably, "I need to find Fang; it's time he and I had a little talk."

IC: Omega

A twinge of guilt ran through his body when he heard Fang's name. They were going to kill him. Just like they were going to do to me. He tried to not let the guilt show but it was pretty obvious.

IC: Hoto

With no one bothering to explain Fang to her, she turned back to Phogen with a sigh. How to explain it? "Well... I... I got lost... on the way to the Academy. I didn't have anyone to show me where to go or what to look out for, and I began to... pick up on the little things. Most of it was trial and error, and I had some hard nights, but I've learned to...identify powers based on things I can see. You all learn based on color, but when someone like Wraith comes along with something different from what she appears to be, it can be confusing, but what I pick up is never wrong.

"Here, I can show you. Most of the powers require touch, but a few have subtle... energy fields, I guess, that you can feel if you look for them. Like Kat here, I know she's a Rahkshi of Fear because she has a... weak aura of fear around her. You are are Rahkshi of Sonics because your armor hums quietly. Most can't hear it, but I have good audio receptors. Exxan here..." She slowly walked up to him and gently put a hand near his arm. It was slightly harder to pull away, but not like Magnetism. The air felt... thinner, as if he was absorbing a small quantity of it. "...is Vacuum. When Wraith manipulates her density, I can sense that she 'appears' to become lighter. If she were a Rahkshi of Illusion or Darkness, I could see her just fine, but the others couldn't. It's not perfect, and there are some I have trouble identifying, but its been enough to get by."

Phogen's eyes slowly lit up as the explanation was given. It was so simple, yet so exotic! Such perception! It almost made him forget about how Exxan reacted to her subtle physical tics. Almost. In any case, Hoto would prove her worth, no doubt. But how could he ensure her of his leadership? What small olive brach could he pass?

Exxan said he wanted to go after Fang. "Can I come? I... I might know him. Maybe I could... I don't know, talk some sense into him?"

...sometimes, things were just so convenient. Voice dripping with sonically-enhanced guile, she said "Exxan, how about you let Hoto and I seek the diplomatic route, while you come along for effect? We might be able to show Fang his error without...unneeded exertion. And if he proves to be an uncooperative debater, we can still have you on standby with withering rhetorical stratagem."

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

She wasn't sure it was the same Fang (after all, the Fang she knew would never do those things), but in her excitement, she was willing to try it. And if it was the same Fang, maybe she could prevent any... unwelcome incidents.

Phogen was the easiest to find in the group, and Hoto jumped to her side, ready to leave.

OOC: Well, when I wrote Hoto in, I never thought it would play out like this. I'm already cringing at the drama that's about to take place. And I'll probably have to rewrite the whole scene with Exxan and Phogen coming along. It might get messy.

"Sure, you two can come along." Exxan said carefully, "But I'd like to try to talk to him first, if that's alright with you both. It isn't going to help my case with him if someone else speaks on my behalf. He'll just think I'm too cowardly to fight my own battles." 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Suit yourself, but I won't be joining your 'heroes'. Leave me out of it."

Phogen's head whipped around, and he stared coldly at Raptor. He hissed "Do not place me in the same camp as Toa. I am an machiavellian altruist, a powerful fighter, and a noble beacon of solidarity with the oppressed, under-appreciated, and underestimated of the student body, and I expect the same from all in my group. But I. Am. Not. A. Hero. Toa are 'heroes', and their filth has corrupted that word beyond redemption. Mark this well, scientist, for my forgiveness for such an offense is waning."

Closing his eyes and exhaling slowly, he regained composure.

OOC: Hold on y'all!

Edited by Funkydude527

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

IC Kat: I'd like to tag along. Maybe I can get this.... Fang to help me with something.

"Phogen, I'd accompany you, if it's no trouble. If I'm to follow you, I'd like to see how you handle a situation."

As I said such, they whipped around and if looks could kill, the rahk in her sight would likely be an unpleasant ooze on the ground.

That didn't bode well.

Edited by The UltimoScorp

"Do you want me in your group?"

Phogen thought for a moment, and nodded curtly.

She wasn't sure it was the same Fang (after all, the Fang she knew would never do those things), but in her excitement, she was willing to try it. And if it was the same Fang, maybe she could prevent any... unwelcome incidents.

Phogen was the easiest to find in the group, and Hoto jumped to her side, ready to leave.

OOC: Well, when I wrote Hoto in, I never thought it would play out like this. I'm already cringing at the drama that's about to take place. And I'll probably have to rewrite the whole scene with Exxan and Phogen coming along. It might get messy.

"Sure, you two can come along." Exxan said carefully, "But I'd like to try to talk to him first, if that's alright with you both. It isn't going to help my case with him if someone else speaks on my behalf. He'll just think I'm too cowardly to fight my own battles."

Phogen nodded, slowly agreeing. "Do not try anything rash. I support you for your reason and skill, not your temper." She slowly slipped a hand to Hoto's shoulder. He asked, in a clam, charismatic way "Would you like me to lead on? I offer out of respect, not pity. You can navigate yourself, there is little doubt of that, but I wish to make your trip as comfortable and leisurely as possible."

He looked up, noting Kat's concern with a wry grimace. "I am sorry for my outburst. That word strikes a nerve with me."

Edited by Funkydude527

OOC: connect to prior post.

He looked down at his feet sheepishly, almost doeful in the awkward shuffle. He chuckled back to life and said to Kat "Of course, my dear Kat! I would love to demonstrate."

Edited by Funkydude527

Hoto nodded. She trusted Phogen enough already to know he was just being kind. Still, she was worried. It was obvious Exxan didn't like Fang, and having him approach first might ruin things. Phogen's group was large, and if it came to a conflict, someone might get hurt.

She tried to hide her concerns behind a brave face, but she knew she was never good at it. She never had a need to hide her expressions.

Exxan gave Phogen an incredulous look. "I don't have a temper," he said flatly, an unspoken yet lingering in the wake of his words. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Burst

"My name is Burst. Do you need help with anything, since you're new?"

This newcomer seemed friendly enough. Perhaps she thought his mistake was funny. People always seem to enjoy others making fools of themselves.

IC: Anubissium: 

"Yes, actually. Right now, I'm just trying to find my way around this place, get to know people, figure out what my life here will look like. My map," holding up her sheet of paper, "hasn't been that helpful. Doesn't seem to represent the actual school for some reason."

IC: Abyssium:

"Who? How do they try to hinder others? And from progressing to what?" Abyssium asked.

OOC:

Don't reply for a day, the previous post gets buried five pages back! :D

IC: Burst

"Yeah, the map sucks. The general layout of this place isn't too complicated. It's essentially a giant square. In the middle is the library, where you are now. This is where you go if you want to learn about things. Combat, history, it's all here. In each corner of the building, theres a different area with stuff to do. In one corner, there's the gym, where you can train your combat skills, or get the s*** beaten out of you, depending on your skill level. In the next, there's the refractory, where you eat. I wouldn't recommend it, though. The last time I ate there, I ended up vomiting all over the place. I thought I was leveling up, but it turns out that the food just sucks. Who knew. In the next corner are the dorms. They're nothing special, just a bed and a place to store your stuff. In the last corner is the infirmary. That's where you go if you get injured. The nurse there is Palma, a level six quick healing rahkshi. She can heal almost anything. Aside from that, there are various empty rooms, which will remain empty until they actually come up with something to teach us that we can't do on our own. One more thing. There's a way to get to the mainland, where you can purchase better armor, crazy weapons, and most importantly, tolerable food. That's pretty much everything. Any questions?"

Wow. that was a mouthful. Burst debated if he should tell her about the various teams, but decided that she can find that out for herself.

OOC: When do new assignments get posted?

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC Kat: I nod. "I'll hang back, no need to go after one guy with a small army, after all. Plus, I'm just here to watch." I grin at Phogen coyly. "I do hope you live up to the reputation~"

I also hope that Hoto can come to terms with this Fang. From the sounds of things, he was..... Volitile.

• Upvote 1

IC: Toxin

Toxin being at the library at the time, heard what going to happen to Fang. Hoping to gain some reputation, info, and, most importantly, new members for their group, he approached the one called Omega.

"Would you like a hand?" he whispers. "I could nauseate them as a distraction. Make it seem like a inconvient prank."

IC: Rider

Rider gulped. Claws hid behind him, whimpering. Once Phogen had calmed down Rider approached him. "You said something about a team. Do you have any free spaces?" He asked, nervously.

Phogen smiled jovially. "Always! I may have to delay your membership a bit while I deal with this minor crisis."

Hoto nodded. She trusted Phogen enough already to know he was just being kind. Still, she was worried. It was obvious Exxan didn't like Fang, and having him approach first might ruin things. Phogen's group was large, and if it came to a conflict, someone might get hurt.

She tried to hide her concerns behind a brave face, but she knew she was never good at it. She never had a need to hide her expressions.

As Phogen took her wrist gingerly, he leaned over to the quaking Rahk and whispered, "Don't worry. Fang is not an idiot, and-" He dropped out of whisper for a moment. "-Exxan is not as hot-blooded as people may be convinced." He dropped back to a whisper. "You have nothing to worry about. I'll be right here to make sure things go down peacefully."

Exxan gave Phogen an incredulous look. "I don't have a temper," he said flatly, an unspoken yet lingering in the wake of his words.

She inhaled with an impish hiss. "Could have fooled me." Her grin told her respectful disbelief.

Raptor was taken aback by this development.

"Oh, my apologies. I thought your team was called 'Phogen's Heroes'. An honest mistake."

Phogen kept the smile, but his eyes narrowed. "I am glad to have cleared up this little bit of miscommunication then."

When Revenge heard what Phogen said about the toa he changed his mind. "Well I'm not interested," he said.

He tweaked an eyebrow and frowned thoughtfully. Interesting. "That is your prerogative. I hope our relationship can remain amiable nonetheless...Revenge, is it?" His frown turned to a disappointed smile. However, the source of this disappointment was too mild to be at the failure of Phogen. It seemed she was saddened by a disappointment in Revenge.

"Don't worry, man, we'll come up with something,"

IC: Omega

"I just... these are still my friends I only want to make sure they don't attack Fang." Omega whispered.

To those two alone, with Hoto picking up on the subtle vocal projection, Phogen said "Lets not think too rashly here. I am not looking for a fight, and I intend to reign in all who are." There was a flash of her eyes towards the two, a threatening fire in them. "I think that might have garbled there. I intend to reign in all who are. Come along, but tread carefully."

He gave a reassuring pat to Hoto's wrist.

She inhaled with an impish hiss. "Could have fooled me." Her grin told her respectful disbelief. 

Exxan gave Phogen a genuinely baffled look. "Is there a joke here that I'm missing? What makes you think I have a temper?" he was confused by the whole accusation. Apart from being angry at himself a while back for enjoying defeating Caoutchouc, he was pretty certain he'd never lost his temper at anyone. Ever.

Hoto looked up and gave a weak smile to Phogen. She might not be looking for a fight, but Hoto had seen enough to know that not everything goes according to plan.

In a quiet voice, she asked, "Is that everyone?"

OOC: Fang is eating in the Refectory.

Edited by Click