Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Sidonas - Refectory

Sidonas, knowing his first priority was to find his Codex, decided on striking a deal: He didn't really care about the widgets anymore, he just really wanted to get his Codex and hide it. He would destroy it if necessary; he just really wanted to not be found out and die. At that he rolled up to the four Rahk, who were talking with someone. "Need your help. One last plan: If it works, then you'll have any weapon you need made, any knowledge on anyone you want. If it doesn't work...well, let's just say you won't have to worry about me anymore. Meet at my dorm in 30 minutes, if not, I'll probably be dead in 50." Those were the contents of a note which Sidonas scribbled quickly and left next to them. Afterwards he rolled off to his dorm, going to plan on his hiding, or destruction, of his Codex.

OOC: Hope someone is good at hiding...

• Upvote 1

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

IC: Squid

Squid just made a shh gesture towards Flash. Quietly, he answered her. 

"This Rahkshi is a pyromaniac. He tried to set fire to the library, but didn't get too far. I recently got this fireproof shield from a very friendly Matoran on Nynrah. He thought I was a coward and felt sorry for me, sooo he let me have the shield I wanted without paying him. I plan to stop Torch if he acts up."

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

IC: Toxin and Stronghold/3rd Person/Gym - Fighting Silencer and Illusive

Toxin jumped to the side to avoid getting hit in the chest by the mace, and prepped himself in case Silencer moved the ball to follow him. Stronghold tried to grab and pull the chain of the mace.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC: Hoto - Refectory

Hoto shook her head. "Not really, but I guess it could be worse. Looks like Tridax wrapped his arm in a staff and pulled it back. He's not fighting anyone for a while. I just hope..."

She stopped and turned back to her food. She couldn't tell Kat she was sympathetic with him.

IC Kat:

I looked down at my food.

"He just.... Made a bad call."

I struggled with the words, much as I said otherwise, I still had animosity towards Exxan.

"I was raised a soldier, and as I learned more and more... The soldiers I wanted to be... Were leaders, men and women who fought for what they believed in, and for their friends."

"Guess I'm too idealistic for a Rahkshi, huh?" I asked jokingly.

I looked at Hoto.

I knew who and what I fought for, now.

"But.... Even the best leaders sometimes make bad choices. And maybe Exxan isn't a great leader, but I can hardly fault him for acting the way he did."

"Well, I can, but I'm trying not to. I think he was scared. People do crazy things when their scared."

I shrugged, this was getting long, so I shoveled some slop into my mouth to shut myself up.

• Upvote 3

IC: Vlad / Infirmary-->Library

With Ivan retrieved and himself uninjured, Vlad was rather unsure about what to do next. He wandered into the hallways, passed and dismissed the Gym as his destination, and found himself entering the Library, Ivan close behind.

He had been in the Library a few times before, never very long. But he knew the room was a great repository of knowledge, and recalling his lack thereof on Dagger Spiders he roamed through the shelves in search of books on Rahi. At last his search concluded with the finding of a book entitled Remarks on the Traits of Dagger Spiders, by Tridax. After skipping the first few pages, which comprised a forward devoted to explaining that Dagger Spiders, like the rest of Chirox's Rahi, were clearly inferior to his own, the actual content began. Vlad took a seat in the central area and began to read. Ivan grabbed onto a nearby shelf and hung upside down on it, keeping an eye on his companion.

Hopefully no one would find that the bright light shining off Vlad's cape was interfering with their own quests for knowledge and take offense at this.

OOC: Vlad open to interaction.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Hoto grinned at her. "Too idealistic? You've met Fang, right?"

But her smile fell and she sighed. "I hope Fang's okay. He didn't sound like himself when I talked to him. And he wanted me to check on Exxan. I think he's a bit... rattled by all of this. I hope he doesn't do anything crazy."

"Probably needed it, I guess. We probably should tell him about Exxan."

Hoto stopped talking to take a few small bites of her food. She wasn't especially hungry, even if she didn't mind the slop as much. She just couldn't stop thinking.

Who was really right, Omega or Exxan? Fang and Kat, or Exxan?

IC: The Twins (Illusive) - Gym.

I saw one of our opponents trying to grab Silencer's weapon and reacted immediately, projecting an illusion of myself right in front of him to obscure his view, then throwing Serpent-Fang like a spear right at him. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Era - Library.

"I'm a sonics Rahkshi," I explained quickly, "I like the quiet here. What about you?" 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Toxin and Stronghold/1st Person/Gym - Fighting Silencer and Illusive

I now realized what the other twin's power was.

I saw that Illusive had somehow teleported right in front of Stronghold. Stronghold didn't see him as he was focused on trying to grab Silencer's weapon out of his hands. I quickly looked back to Silencer and saw that he was still there, and prepping to throw his spear thing.

"Look out, brother! The twin is an Illusion Rahkshi!"

But it was too late, the spear passed through the illusion and...bounced off his arm.

I sighed in relief. I had forgotten that he was a Limited Invulnerability Rahkshi. 

I felt a spear bounce of me as I heard the warning. I flipped the spear into the air and into my hand with my foot and continued to try to grab the chain

Hoto just continued eating, unsure of what to say. But then she swallowed, knowing she couldn't stay silent forever.

She tried to begin slowly. "I... You know... I'm always here for you, Kat. But... I didn't know Omega like you guys did. I only met him a few times, but he seemed... nice.

"I know Exxan though... or, I thought I did. I listened as he argued with Phogen. He said he could just talk to Fang, and he didn't want anyone to get hurt." She laughed a little. "I guess you were there too.

"So... I don't know. I'm just trying to keep everyone happy, but... it's hard when there's two sides."

IC Kat:

That's right.... I'd been there, poking fun at Exxan. 

Maybe I'd been out of line doing so. 

"I...hardly knew Omega, beyond by reputation, though I got to know a little bit about him on Nynrah. Behind his rough exterior, there is...was a good person. I think there's one in Exxan, too, but...."

I trailed off.

"I won't make you pick sides. It wouldn't be fair of me. Just.... promise me one thing...?"

IC: The Twins (Silencer) - Gym

But the chain was no longer within Stronghold's reach. In the time that the pair had been distracted by Illusive, I'd swung the flail right towards Toxin. Illusive, meanwhile, was charging forwards, claws extended as he started heading towards Stronghold. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Era - Library.

"Really? That's nice of you. Palma could use the help." 

IC Kat / Refectory

I set my utensils down, and looked Hoto right in the eyes. I knew she wouldn't see me so much as hear me look at her, but it was symbolic, so lay off.

An image of a nose ran through my head.

I mentally shook myself to focus.

"If it comes to that, and you have to take a side.... do what's best for you, okay?"

• Upvote 2

With a boxer's quick thinking, Stronghold tripped Toxin with the staff when the chain got out of reach.

"WHAT THE -"

But then Toxin understood when the ball flew over his face. As soon as it passed, he jumped away from it's range.

Stronghold then turned around to point the staff with the blade facing Illusive when he almost got near. The momentum of the charge would hopefully impale Illusive against the spear. He didn't know about the spear's ability.
Edited by ArcticFreeze17

Hoto felt uncomfortable under Kat's gaze. Even the thought of leaving Kat made her feel terrible. But she couldn't just... leave Exxan like that. For now, at least Fang could tolerate Exxan.

So... that's why Omega went crazy earlier. The strain of being pulled in two directions was maddening. It gave her a new understanding of the word "traitor," and she regretted ever thinking it of Omega.

She gave Kat a weak smile and simply said "I hope it doesn't come to that."

Out the corner of my eye, I see the chain miss Toxin and fly back towards Silencer's waiting hand. My target, the invulnerability Rahk, is standing ready for me, apparently planning to impale me with my own spear. A cute trick, but unfortunately it wasn't going to work. I'd never had any intention of actually tackling him. I take one more step, then kick off the ground in front of me, pushing myself backwards away from the spear.

As I do so, I pull out my, modified Zamor launcher and fire. At this range, there's just enough time for the net to spread to its full two-bio diameter. The woven protosteel net is as strong as my claws and Serpent-Fang's blade. No way to cut through it.

Good luck dodging that... 

IC: Stronghold/3rd Person/Gym - Fighting Silencer and Illusive

Stronghold saw the net expanding and closed his eyes to imagine a wall to rise in front of him. The net ended up hitting the wall as it rose. When he opened his eyes, he saw that the net had covered the majority of the wall.

His eyes were wide at the size of the net.

"What the..."

Scowling, I dropped the gun, taking advantage of the surprise defeat. Since there was now a wall in front of him, he couldn't see me. I see Silencer charging at Toxin, swinging his mace in a downwards overhead arc at his opponent, and that gives me an idea.

I jump up onto the wall, projecting an illusion of myself directly in front of Stronghold to distract him, hopefully preventing him from seeing me jump down with both feet aimed right at his face. 

Toxin dodges the ball by jumping to the right and ends up next to Stronghold again.

Stronghold blinked his eyes to see Illusive standing right in front of him. Immediately panicked, he jumps back just to see Illusive fall down in front of his illusion.

"Karz. Got to keep my guard up."

Seeing Toxin next to him, Stronghold passed the staff over to him. Time to fight with his hands. He stands in a defensive boxing position.

Toxin puts his kusarigamas away and held the staff, prepared for Silencer to try and bring the mace ball to him.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC: Exxan - Gym.

"Alright..." I fumbled with the books he handed me, trying to stuff them into my satchel. Since I was focused on doing that, his punch took me completely by surprise, and I failed to raise my arm in time, the punch catching me in the shoulder. It didn't hurt much; I was kind of annoyed with myself for letting him hit me. 

"Do Rahkshi technically have bones?" I asked pointedly, "I think protosteel is slightly harder to break than a stick." 

IC - Gym

"Well, we have joints and what pass as muscles. At least in relation to organics. I figure there is some type of bone in there."

He stepped back again, taking up a basic stance. Arms raised and loose, one foot planted directly under his center of gravity, the other slightly ahead. Ready to push off and contribute power to his blows

"A lot of fist fighting is about getting past people's guard. Someone with a weapon has a long reach." Uncharacteristically, he unsheathed his boomerang-sword, brandishing it rather haphazardly. "So a quick test, how would you get past my guard?"

...but close to it

IC: Exxan - Gym.

"I would let you swing, then sidestep the blow and hit you while you're exposed." I answered simply. It had worked well against...

Omega

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: The Twins (Silencer) - Gym. 

I gave a silent nod to Illusive, and launched my attack. I swung the mace at Toxin's chest with one hand, and with the other, I activated Legion, shrouding the area around us in impenetrable darkness. Toxin wouldn't be able to see my attack coming, and I had no doubt Illusive was taking advantage of the darkness in the same way.

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Hoto followed Kat out and dumped the barely picked-at slop. Hopefully they could both just forget this... for now. "So, where are you off to? If... you don't mind me coming along. I don't have much else to do."

Toxin immediately flew upwards at the sight of Legion, which caused his rear end to get "lightly" tapped by the ball. Throwing him off course, he flew and crashed into a wall outside the darkness.

Stronghold immediately covered his face with his hands and silently backed out of the way not knowing whether Illusive could see, or whether Illusive would be going to slash at where he was last at. He kept his ears open to any sound.

The lights went out, and I stepped back, expecting for my opponent to lash out blindly in the dark. I listened out for any sound, hearing a distant crash - most likely silencer dealing with his opponent. And then, quite abruptly, sound cut out completely. Silencer was using his powers, and if I was in his field of effect, he had to be close by. 

Time to finish this... Reaching up at the wall behind me, I grabbed the net that had been blocked earlier, pulled it over and threw it towards where Stronghold had last been standing.