Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Sliver - Gym.

"So we've got one vote for carving off his hand, and another for temporarily relieving him of his suit," I reiterated, taking in the rest of those who'd followed us, "now would be the time to speak up and offer your opinions." 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Era - Airship.

This felt... strange... I rarely flew up this high, and never alone - for obvious reasons. But here I was, inside an airship, surrounded by open sky. I could sense the ship's interior - intimately identifying every nook and cranny and surface of the structure - but beyond it... nothing but open air and the jubilant cries of Zivon as he wheeled and circled happily around the vessel.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Illusive - Hallways.

Depositing my latest recovery back in my dorm, I locked the door behind me and resumed wandering the hallways. 

IC: Exxan - Library.

Finishing my book, I replaced it on the shelf and got to my feet, beginning to browse the rest of the collection.

IC: Geuua - Armoury.

"Nope," I replaced the weapon on the rack and went to the next, "Nope," Again, "Nope." Nothing in here quite seemed to work for me as a backup weapon. Perhaps I needed to think a little more creatively...

IC: Bonegleam - Gym.

The sudden disappearance of Icarax gave me pause. It seemed the headmaster had grown bored of us students. I didn't blame him, to be honest. We rahkshi were so uninteresting as we were.

It was only when you dug deep, gouged at the bones buried beneath the flesh, that we became truly beautiful. 

IC: Xara - Airship.

I sat back in one of the chairs, Sand curled up in my lap. This was it - we were beyond the point of no return. If any of the idiots tried to leave now I'd be more than happy to toss them off the airship myself - after breaking their legs. 

I'd come too far to let someone else ruin this for me...

IC: Sugil - Causeway. 

This was it: Corpus Rahkshi, the school for my kind. It was a rather drab and dreary place, by the looks of things. No light shone out through the windows, no dimmed lightstones or sputtering torches lit my way.

It was as if the place were still inhabited by those primitive old breeds who shunned the light, instead of embracing it as I had. 

OOC: Sliver, Era, Illusive, Exxan, Geuua, Bonegleam, Xara and Sugil all open for interaction. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Hoto - Airship

Hoto's fingers ran over the gift, only to pause for a moment as she recognized it. "B-but... this is..."

She couldn't hold back anymore. Hoto jumped forward and wrapped her arms around Kat. The tears she had tried to keep until after they had all gone now spilled freely. "I'll miss you too!" she sobbed.

IC: Thurisaz / Gym

"Hmm..." The noble Turahk weighed the options for a moment.

On the one hand, reducing Ezec to one hand would be delightfully permanent, while with his sister to ensure his safety for the duration of his punishment, taking his suit might do little.

But on the other, the thought of his godly rival reduced to a Kraata and left to the mercy of everyone (not least himself) for a good duration was terribly tantalizing. And he also rather suspected, should his hand be removed, Ezec would just get himself a hook or something to replace it - not only regaining that arm for use in battle, but in the process making himself look even more ruggedly dangerous than before. And then go right back to killing people. That would simply do no good.

"I like the thought of taking his suit for a good long while, myself," he finally concluded. "Take his hand and he'll probably just get a hook or cannon or something to replace it, and go right back to lording over people - it won't teach him anything. But life as a slug in a school where people beat each other up for fun might."

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Helkyrie

"Alright, well, I'll leave you to your business. I have a shovel to procure for myself. See you around." Helkyrie gave Vyper a playful salute, stepping off the platform and letting herself fall a short harmless distance before teleporting down to the ground to make light impact right in front of the armory. First thing she noticed when entering the armoury was her conversation partner from the refectory earlier, Geuua. "Oh, Geuua, hi. You here to find yourself a weapon too?"

IC: Jayar / Airship

Jayar, too, leaned over a railing as the airship rise from the island. So the next stage in their perilous journey to freedom had begun. They were leaving Nynrah.

And thankfully, Johmak had agreed that Hoto could be spared the mission. The associated cost of a few days loneliness would be ultimately worth it, he was sure... but still, he knew well the parting would be hard, for her especially. Already her conversation with Kat had drawn tears.

His turn for a similar dialogue would soon arrive, he was sure. For now he could leave Kat to hers.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Sim - Causeway

"Carapace, I can't thank you enough. You too, Voha." I smiled at the both of them.

"Well?" I asked the others again. (OOC: Vaalku and Teeth)

I look at the two-headed rahk, "You've already helped, and I thank you for that. I don't ask anything of you, but if you want to help, I would be in your debt."

"That goes for you two as well." I say to the stragglers.

IC: Vyper - Gym Ceiling.

Well, that was a short but interesting conversation. Waving farewell, I resumed my pacing.

"Hm... maybe?" I replied, uncertain, "I'm not really finding anything here that suits me." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Vaalku

Vaalku shrugged. "Not much more I can do, along the lines of safely carrying."

IC Hollow

"If I could add."

Now was the best time to speak up, considering the one who had done all the speaking had asked. "Dropping the Kraata of a murderer into a school of the avenging is like putting him on a shooting gallery. It's inviting people to kill him and get revenge. So why not put him on manual labour whilst away from his suit?" He really, really, really hoped they didn't notice the unquestionable similarity between the two. White, muscular, and scary.

He glanced towards Aza. "And i suppose You are completely innocent?"

IC Hollow

"Dropping the Kraata of a murderer into a school of the avenging is like putting him on a shooting gallery. It's inviting people to kill him and get revenge. So why not put him on manual labour whilst away from his suit?" 

IC: Sliver - Gym.

"That's a valid point," I conceded, after considering it for a few moments, "Icarax wants us to prevent murders, so the last thing we want to be doing is encouraging other students to step up as vigilante executioners." 

"Well, I don't really need anything complicated, just a good sturdy shovel." Helkyrie looked around, trying to find something that would suit her needs, her eyes coming across something akin to a warspade. "Oh now this is just perfect. It'll need some slight re-shaping, and maybe some sharpening, but otherwise, this is just what I need." Helkyrie proceeded to taking the shovel off the weapon rack, weighing it in her hands. "Good balancing too. This is actually better than that widgetstore crud I had before, even without the necessary modifications" Helkyrie smiled, but then got a sober expression as she looked back up to Geuua. "What kind of weapon do you have in mind anyway?"

"I don't know," I shrugged, "But half of my last fight was consisted of my opponent trying to yank my hammer out of my grip, so I feel like having some kind of reserve weapon would probably be a good idea." I looked over a few more items, before giving up, "Anyway, if you need a hand reshaping that, I'd be happy to help out. My powers are great for that sort of thing." 

"Alright, so what were you going for?" I asked, edging closer to get a better look at the weapon. 

IC: Fang - Airship

At last, Fang collapsed into a chair near Xara. "Nervous?" he sighed. His head hung low with exhaustion, looking at only the floor, but who else could he be talking to?

IC: Hoto - Airship

Hoto just nodded, too overcome with emotion to speak.

IC: Tube - Gym

"Uh... yeah, that!" Tube piped in, eager to agree with their master. "Take his suit away!"

IC: Draco

"I'd say yes to putting him to work. Problem is, he can't do much other than lay there without a suit. If we could ah, perhaps get a particularly scrawny Limited Invulnerability suit, and trade it out with his, he could be more useful, but wouldn't pose much of a threat, if he decided to pull off another murder." I suggest. I wasn't sure if we could find a small limited invulnerability... After all, it seemed that most of that variant had a large suit...

IC: Malattia

"Nice! So, are you still looking for people?" I ask, a grin creeping up on my face.

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

IC: Canvas - Hallways

A frown flickered across Canvas' face at "Arms'" words. She knew what he was trying to say. Five members... five members... I only count four...

But the lapse didn't last long, and Canvas was back to being the gracious recruiter. "Of course! We're trying to gather everyone we can find. The more voices we have, the more people will hear us!"

IC: Tear - Hallways

Tear rolled his eyes again. Pretentious snake...

At last, Fang collapsed into a chair near Xara. "Nervous?" he sighed. His head hung low with exhaustion, looking at only the floor, but who else could he be talking to?

"Why would I be?" I responded, surprised that he'd chosen to strike up a conversation with me, "I knew what I was getting myself into."

"It's perfectly reasonable to be nervous," Fang replied. "Here we are, thrusting our lives into the hand of some shadowy organization, meeting with a group of insane Rahkshi that may or may not try to kill us, all for the faintest glimpse of safety."

Fang looked up at Xara. "And yet you seem perfectly at peace with all that. I'm just trying to figure out if its stupidity, overconfidence, or plain insanity."

"I've basically got nothing left to lose," I said finally, "What little I didn't leave behind, I brought with me." I stroked Sand's head, "Besides, if escaping the Brotherhood of Makuta was easy, everyone would do it." 

IC--Kaboom--Halls

Kaboom looked down toward the source of the outraged cry to see an unfamiliar purple-and-black Rahkshi glaring up at him, seething with self-righteousness. "Really? For what--examining the architecture? Not much of a crime where I come from, buddy." He laughed, but in his mind he was already preparing himself to defend against this busybody...not to mention cringing a bit at the prospect of adding another enemy to his growing list.

IC--Beat--Gym

"Let's see..." Beat pondered as the forge began to heat up. "Well, I read up on how to use my bolas, practiced a bit, slept a bit. Then I met a couple of Rahks who were making food--actual-real food--and they asked me to visit the refectory and the library to tell people about it. Then Icarax showed up to corral people for an assignment, which turned out to be a mock-assassination kinda deal. I wound up fighting a couple of goons who were bullying some of the other students. I took the first one down, but he cut my bolas. The other one...well, he sorta had me on the ropes, but then he just walked off." She shrugged. "Guess it's been too long since I've fought more than one enemy at once. I'll have to get a rematch sometime." As the glow from her forge slowly grew brighter, she began summoning all the other things they'd need--hammer, tongs, bucket of water. "And that's about it, really."

IC--Sepulchral--Halls

Sepulchral straightened up slightly as a pair of students approached Canvas and began conversing with her. Their little band seemed to be growing at a rate which inspired some renewed confidence in the general student body. Look friendly, Sepulchral reminded himself. Friendly, but not comically so. ANd definitely not as though you are more interested in them than you should be. It was at moments such as this that he was reminded just how mediocre his social skills really were.

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

"There's always something to lose. There's always something they can take away from you," Fang hissed. "Your life. Your freedom. Your safety..." he glanced back towards where Kat, Hoto, and Jayar stood. "Your friends." These words were the most vehement yet, and almost seemed to be directed at Xara more than the Brotherhood or this mysterious organization.

Perhaps the only thing to do is... sever all ties...

"And we've set all of that at Johmak's feet," he continued.

"No, I set all of that at your girlfriend's feet when she asked me to come along on this crusade of hers," I replied with a low growl, "I left my friends behind. They're safe - safer than me, at least." 

Edited by Nato Greavesy

IC--Beat--Gym

"Let's see..." Beat pondered as the forge began to heat up. "Well, I read up on how to use my bolas, practiced a bit, slept a bit. Then I met a couple of Rahks who were making food--actual-real food--and they asked me to visit the refectory and the library to tell people about it. Then Icarax showed up to corral people for an assignment, which turned out to be a mock-assassination kinda deal. I wound up fighting a couple of goons who were bullying some of the other students. I took the first one down, but he cut my bolas. The other one...well, he sorta had me on the ropes, but then he just walked off." She shrugged. "Guess it's been too long since I've fought more than one enemy at once. I'll have to get a rematch sometime." As the glow from her forge slowly grew brighter, she began summoning all the other things they'd need--hammer, tongs, bucket of water. "And that's about it, really."

IC: Blade

"Mock assassination?" He asked

Well... she had a point. They had all put everything on the line to make it this far. With luck, they only had one last gamble, a gamble that promised either tragic failure or glorious success.

Either way, he should get some rest before they reached their destination. Fang slowly and painfully rose to his feet, giving Xara a parting nod and a soft, "Well... good luck out there..." before moving further back into the ship.

"Yeah," I replied, leaning back in my chair once more. 

Helkyrie looked at the flat head of the warspade, then back to Geuua, pointing a finger at the warspade's head. "Well, see, what I need is a shovel, but this warspade's head is flat, so it won't really do very well for digging. It needs to be curved to form a shape that can actually carry dirt for it to be actually effective, but at the same time, the tip needs to be pointed enough to allow the shovel to stab into the ground effectively enough."

"So..." I pressed a clawed fingertip to the weapon rack in front of me and started carving a lightly curved spade shape, tapering to a point, "...something like this? More angular? Less?"

"Alright, then," I took up the weapon in my earth claw hand, and went to work.

Some sculptors liked to imagine their statue is hidden just beneath the surface of the stone, and all they're doing is setting it free. The way I worked with metal was pretty much the same. I envisioned what I wanted the final product to look like, and simply melted away what didn't belong. I ran my fingertips gently over the rim of the shovel, eroding away the edges, shaping it slowly into its final form.

Within a few minutes, it was done. "How's that look?" I held the shovel out to Helkyrie. 

Edited by Nato Greavesy

IC: Jodohnn

Well, I'm not even gonna think about how disgusting that food was. I can stomach it, but I'd rather not have to eat it. Looks like I'll continue lookin around the school since this place is kinda boring.

OOC: Jodohnn open for interaction in hallways to gym.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

IC Caoutchouc / Airship

The sensation of the airship's flight quickly lost it's novelty for the elastirahk. Once they had boarded and taken off he had rather quickly found a high and secluded area in the cargo hold to call his own, one that required more than a little stretching and deformation to reach. He wanted to be alone right now, he needed time for introspection away from the group. The dynamic of the group, anxious and more than a little fearful, was emotionally draining for him.

It wasn't exactly regret that he felt for his ignored outburst outside the House of Grossh, he really had meant what he'd said to Fang. If he wasn't in the right mind he needed to leave, or more correctly, get out while he was still alive and had the chance to do so. Get out and take Hoto with him, the more he thought about it the more ridiculous it seemed that gentle non combatants like her were brought on a mission like this. The mindset he needed to be in was one of controlled selfishness, he needed to keep himself alive and trust in the others to do the same for themselves. Were it only those like him, Xara, Kat or Jayar, this might be possible. But with rahkshi like Shield, Hoto and Fang himself, this was nothing but a pipe dream. He would be watching out for them the whole time. A difficult task, maybe impossible.

The prospect of failing them, of one of them dying because of his failure to protect them... It was a terrifying one.

• Upvote 1

...but close to it

OOC: Shard gave me permission to bunny Carapace for a bit.

IC: Sim/Fate - Hallways

"I can't believe these people."

I stalk down the halls, carrying Fate under one shoulder while Carapace held the other.

"They all flock to trouble like carrion birds to the corpse, but when the opportunity to help arrives, they become as spineless as the slugs we really are."

"Oh be quiet..."

"Shh shh shh! Don't exert yourself. We should be getting close to... the... oh Sim, you stupid Spiriah."
I stopped in my tracks.

"I don't even know where the infirmary is!!"

IC: Slif - Hallways

I head down the hallways, trying to find the gym.

"Ugh... everything looks the same."

Eventually, I make a lucky turn and end up in front of a door to a huge room, full of fighting rahkshi. I smile.

"Finally. Something I'm good at."

OOC: Sim/Fate and Slif all OFI.

Edited by Coconut Fanatic

IC: Snake - Airship

I pause, consciously stopping the snarky response that seems so appropriate, so fitting. "A little." is my plain reply. But something's weighing on my mind...I made a choice to follow these people, to not let fear, paranoia and suspicion overtake my mind, but there's something I've got to know: "When we...were in the Kaita..." I suddenly feel awkward about the situation. "Could you...I mean...could you...see into my mind?"

Kathok