Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Don't know about Phogen, but if Funky's coming back, hopefully Essie the cyborg-Vortixx-Terminator will also return to the BZPRPG as well.

• Upvote 2

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Prepare yourselves, Phogen is returning soon...

Teridax was glad to see this letter. Good news at last. It was the death certificate of a pesky Toa Hagah of Psionics, one known for her irritating *pacifism* (Inwardly, Makuta spat, but outwardly, he refused to debase himself by stooping to such a base gesture, and contented himself with scowling at the very concept.) had finally died.

Not killed, mind you.

Died from a self-inflicted psionic attack. Died with a shot entering at quite a strange angle. Died in view of Makuta Yerex, the Makuta of an island in the northeast. Died prattling something about thinking rahkshi and the tendrils on the walls and some 'great exile' creating a future existential crisis for all toa and matoran and her own troubles biting off more than she could chew and mata nui in a makuta or a makuta in mata nui or something in between that made her finally backfire her one of her psyonic khopesh.

Yerex watched her die. He was glad to be rid of the imbecile, but the madness of a toa of psyonics was unnerving. He had a base rahkshi look into it, and discovered that her teammembers suspected Yerex of handing them a trapped rahkshi. They thought Yerex had forked over some trained hooligan with a contagious insanity that goaded their friend into shuttling off the mortal coil on her own accords. Yerex was flattered, but not the cause, and the team's Su-Toa's Rode helped confirm that. Interestingly, one of the khopesh of the Ce-Toa had gone missing.

Admiration for Yerex's ability to keep his Toa out of step with that blasted Rode nosing about, the healing of the escapee's mental state was a little concerning. Still, as far as disreputable sources went, this one was without compare. Teridax still had no reason to worry. Only Dume and the Rahaga might be able to figure something out, should the information get to them. Still, considering Teridax's role as the proprietor of Metru Nui, that wouldn't be a problem.

He moved to a tablet and carved out an order to up the exo-Toa patrols with his heat-vision, humming to himself. The captive was returning to him, but they needed to be reminded as to where.

Teridax was examining a backlogged, 20-day old report from one of his own underlings, when another sign of the captive's return appeared. He was delighted, as it had been a little over three weeks since the latest on the escapee. This time from one of the Exo-Toa guards he had watching the entrance to Metru Nui's Great Barrier. A one-armed raggedly-cloaked figure claiming to be a musician wished to travel to the city of legends to perform for Turaga Dume.

The Exo-Toa denied entry and attempted to dissuade. The musician was adamant enough to meet suspicion parameters, and the Exo-Toa inquired further as to the nature of the musician's visit. What followed was an intensely detailed and thorough inquiry that was written at great length on the report. Teridax scanned it and flipped past it. It was a fine lie, a beautiful one in fact, and would have fooled the Exo-Toa. What tipped off the the Exo-Toa's suspicions was a territorial rank-and-file Rahkshi hissing wildly at the musician, but refusing to attack.

This was a strange enough event for the Exo-Toa's apprehension subroutine to kick in. It attempted to apprehend, but the subject was very good at fleeing. The Exo-Toa returned to its post following the programmed amount of time spent in search.

Teridax took mental note of this and moved onto the next report, this one from yesterday. He was delighted to find yet another report of good tidings. A village of De-Matoran had been wiped out in a flood. Random event! One of nature's little miracles, and the work of the benevolent great spirit.

There was a catch to this event that lead the delightful, but insignificant event's arrival on the Headmaster's desk. The matoran of that village had gotten awfully comfortable around rahkshi during the last tax collection. One chameleon rahkshi came back with a fearnleaf lei around it's neck, the poor base animal clueless about the gift.

Further investigation was halted because, firstly, the flash flood, and secondly, the strange howling that came from the soaked remains of the village. It was, quote 'ghastly'. Loud too. The rahkshi outright refused to go near the place. It took a visorak detachment to finally shut the thing up. What it was, well, that was another matter. A lone oohnorak, that is, practically nothing was lost. A rhotuka discharge from the desd visorak singed the walls, and showed that it had been charging the spinner for a long time. Naturally, the shot missed. Typical oohnorak.

The reason for this was unknown. The detachment suspected fear. Teridax suspected stupidity from the dumbest subset of the dumbest species. Disposability had its uses, however, so he would have to suffer this insult to biology. In any case, the next spinner hit true, but weakly, so the target escaped. Still, something nagged him.

The 'howling' description was suspicious. He took the record from the report and put it in the player. The clicking and screeching and howls of a grieving beast coming to its senses made him smile. In made him smile broadly. He could translate the mourning of matoran and curses of Mata Nui even if his lieutenants could not. He was surrounded by the clicking every day.

And it made his day. The captive was learning. The captive was returning.

This makes me so happy... and terrified...

gallery_99742_206_2252.png

Edited by Click
  • Upvote 1

For the first time since banishment, a Brotherhood member was to meet with the captive. What a pathetic creature. What a humbled being. What a waste of space. The insults and musings of Antroz had berated the pest for hours before Teridax finally arrived on Xia to view the captive back in a cell, this time belted down to a table often used for cybernetic experiments in the high towers of the Vortixx industrial machine.

Of course, Antroz allowed Roodaka to poke and prod this one who was either smart or stupid enough to turn itself it. It took almost two hours to find a scalpel the captive couldn't shatter on contact. After only fifteen minutes, the kraata used its ability to shatter the pain-registering conduits and make the enhancements much less fun to put in. The whistling and general smug joviality of the captive eventually drove the Viceroy from the room, fuming. She wanted the rahkshi scrapped. Antroz wanted to give the rahkshi a medal.

Either way, the captive had endured Antroz's monologuing with quips and snarks, and Roodaka's experimentation with pep and music. Teridax was eager to see how she would endure his own stare. The door to the room hissed open. On the lab table sat a one-armed rahkshi with a mounted shoulder launcher, a targeting scope on the headcasing, and some jet propulsion device on the legs only half finished. Teridax stepped in, the door shutting behind him.

He stared at the captive, who turned to face him. Ah, so it was going to match his stare with its own. It was unblinking, and more intelligent than the Makuta was expecting. Strange to see that in a rahkshi. He had no idea how Tedrax endured the strange sense of nauseating parenthood on a daily basis. Filial pride. How disgusting. He had to rid himself of it somehow. Putting on his most chilling voice, he asked "Having fun?"

In eloquent and perfect matoran, whose gender he could not place for the (strange, antidermal, half-)life of him, the captive responded "Yes, but it would be more fun if any of the rubbish the Viceroy attached worked, father."

Teridax tilted his head about two degrees upward. It was as close to a recoil as he allowed. So she had him numbered the moment he walked in the room, picking up the pride in his eyes. Intriguing. He would have to be on a slight guard to deal with this gnat. "I find your name for me unfounded."

The rahkshi tilted its head slightly, and drooped it eyelid, expressing injury at the patronization. "Come now, I know exactly who donated the antidermis for my kraata, and my kraata alone."

Teridax waved a dismissive hand, circling. "How sentimental of you. I lack your sentimentality, however. Sentiment-"

"Is not correlative with pride?" The bloody thing interrupted and had the audacity to smile about it. Maybe it was his, after all.

But this could not be tolerated. He idly inspected the knuckle mechanisms in his hand as he walked. "Pride in excess is dangerous. Another banishment will help you curb that vice."

"Then who will lead the charge agains external threats?" This rebuttal actually made Teridax stop his circling. He had been wondering about that little problem. Plans after plans were needed as well, and this was a convenient way to tie up a loose end.

But he needed to ensure Antroz, who was no doubt listening in with some bug, would not catch on to his own expendability. And Teridax could crush this whelp's ambition in the process. "Once of the Brotherhood. Antroz, perhaps Bitil if I am feeling spontaneous. Not you, certainly."

The rahkshi looked curious at the Mask of Shadows for a moment. "Surely you need a plan for every. Single. Contingency." It either knew, or had enough suspicion to make that leap. And it knew Teridax planned on eliminating every single rival, and conveyed that in a way only Teridax would comprehend.

He was, despite himself, starting to like this little imp. "Indeed. But I could choose any rahkshi-"

The escapee snorted a triumphant "Hah!" and smiled at Teridax. "You are too egotistic to trust anyone but yourself with that job." The smile became a smirk, a smirk far too knowing for comfort. "And really, if I may be so self-complementary, I am you."

Teridax betrayed no emotion. He simply said "I prefer the term nepotistic. You will receive transport to Nynrah's capital, and new armor on your way out." He turned on his heel and left, allowing a small smile of approval to slip at the sound of the captive's chilling, quiet laugh. It chilled the blood of the two vortixx guards standing at the door. If the records, behaviors, invincibility, and sheer ambition were not evidence enough of the captive's origins...

...that laugh certainly was.

• Upvote 4

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

Chilling, and very well written.

Quick question - is that, or is it not Phogen? You stated on Phogen's bio that its Makuta was Tridax, not Teradix.

Unless it was a mis-type.

It was a misstype on the Bio's part. Alas, I was a confused rookie once.

Edit: Bio is fixed.

Edited by Funkydude527

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

IC: Kuma

After being warned of the danger by Blade, Kuma decided to head back to Refectory and see about this tour.

OOC: This isn't bunnying since he said he would do that, right?

Yea that is sort of bunnying.   You should have waited so that the group could have a conversation.  You left out anything the other two would have said.  Consider editing that.  Patience is a virtue.

Edited by Smudge8

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

Oh dear. I don't think Vaalku's met Phogen, and considering the sides of stories that may come from Fang, Exxan, Kat, etc., he might be in for a bad rap.

You might be surprised what a plus a bad rap is to Phogen.

I meant for Vaalku. As he has heard, Phogen's not exactly a weakling, and he's been beaten up lately by Deadeye and Xara. Plus, two missing limbs don't help you much either.

I have all limbs intact and a shiny new set of armor to boot...?

Once again, I meant Vaalku. Considering Vaalku's had alliances with Exxan and Fang, Phogen is probably a big worry to him.

You will find our sonic friend to be more pragmatic than sentimental. And I think you will find Exxan and Phogen more amenable than you anticipate. Phogen is not the sort to hold a grudge. That is too petty for her to consider.

But Exxan sure is the one to bring out the worst in people. He hasn't been able to reasonably hold a conversation with Fang, and it always leads into a fight.

Oh, and I still don't think you understand what I was saying - Vaalku's going to be very worried about Phogen's reappearance.

Edited by Ghidora131

But Exxan sure is the one to bring out the worst in people. He hasn't been able to reasonably hold a conversation with Fang, and it always leads into a fight.

Well, that's because it's Fang. He's as dense as they come and has a deep hatred for Exxan. He has no reason to listen to Exxan, and every reason to kill him.

Maybe, but you'll notice that on very single occasion Fang and Exxan have fought, it's Fang who throws the first punch.....

.....or searing ball of raw plasma.

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

They were literally two bio from the infirmary door....

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Juleeka was always Johmak.... or was she? 

The plot thickens!

Also Raptor's dead

*GASP* Raptor's dead? We need more mad scientists...

Omega, why did you have to set this trend? :P

From what I know.

Raptor died from a Dark hunter

Not an Exxan.

If it was a trend, then Raptor would have also died by an Exxan

Edited by Dragon11603

I could see Exxan joining the Dark Hunters.

They need more tacticians anyway.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.