Matoran und Panzer

Not Quite Dead

IC: Einefus Ingrayv (Mangaia)

My expression remains blank throughout the strange process. When it is finished, I stare at the two objects.

"Idn' dat some'in'..." I say, raising a cigarette to my lips.

I think I hear something from my left, and I shift my attention to Olis. "You say some'in'?"

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

IC Elerc: -Treize:

"Understood, proceeding.", Elerc said into the radio. "Well, looks like we have something to do, or will have shortly." Elerc said to Suko. He pushed the drivetrain control into Forward, and the Venture sped through the streets toward the Observatory.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC Kat:

I'd seen people like this before. Refugees weren't uncommon in the outlying villages, and it broke my heart each time. 

I finished loading the shells, closed the hatch and hopped down.

"Alright then. If you're sure about this, I won't stop you. Where do you need me?"

IC: (Zeleran/Nomans)

"You are not the only one who has heard rumours, trust me. They have been circulation for weeks...mysterious treasure, hidden locations. It is even rumoured that some of the States have sent search parties. Up until now, I too disregarded them as myth, but it seems the evidence weighs towards their reality. We will go there."

IC: (Olis????, Vingt)

Olis turned to the guide, shaking his head once more.

"The...body, the first one...it keeps on speaking to me, telepathically. Sending me visions. I don't know what they mean, but they could be important, and the memory is fading..."

Kathok

IC: Cor Saeva - Burial (Beach).

Gotcha... I lowered the rifle, only to see that the creature wasn't yet dead. It kept charging towards us, rearing up on its hind legs and towering over the group. I switched to my blunderbusses and charged forwards, firing all four barrels point-blank at one of its legs. 

IC: Oblitus - Vingt (Mangaia Temple). 

"Well, that as unpleasant," picking up the battery device Ascension had given me, I stuffed it into my pocket and turned to the others. "I don't know about you two, but I've had enough weirdness for one day."

IC: Lufon Vance - Ertrunken (Barracks).

"That's understandable," I mused, "I get that. You don't care about your own lives. But I do care about my life, and the lives of the men and women down here under my command. So if anything happens to them when you set this thing off, it's on your head." 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I follow Oblitus' lead and retrieve the other... thing, but I keep my eyes on Olis. He had mentioned something earlier that I hadn't paid much attention to, but now I am curious.

"Wait," I say to Oblitus. I then ask Olis, "Wha' kin' o' visions, and why duh yuh think dey's impuh'an'?"

"No offence, but I think we've got more pressing concerns than Olis' visions," I interjected, "like how the heck we're supposed to get out of here." I looked back at the tomb, suppressing a shudder. "If these visions of yours prove to be important, Ascension might be able to help us figure it out." It had promised me knowledge, after all. 

And in a society like this, knowledge was power. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I've never been one to hurry, but Oblitus does have a point, even if I don't like his abrasive dismissal of Olis' visions.

"Well den," I say to Olis, "if you don' min' waitin' 'til we ge's atta heyuh, or if you don' min' esplainin' on da way, he's righ'. We should prolly ge' movin'."

IC: Ikira - Jatikko

"It's already done," Ikira said, closing her eyes and leaning back with a sigh. "Let me know if something goes wrong or when we arrive. Otherwise... do not wake me up."

She was not really going to sleep; even now, she did not trust the rest of the crew enough to do so. But she could at least rest.

IC: Derkahn (Nomansland, road to Motara)

"Alright, thanks" I say and continue driving.

---

In the west stood Motara. Unlike it's sister city to the south, it was not composed of a patchwork of ruined buildings and green glass plains. The tall structures were unharmed, some contained functioning electronics. Where as the south resembled a warzone, the north resembled a city in the midst of an evacuation. Vehicles and and travel equipment still littering the streets. Of course, at this distance they could not see those details.

The highway they were on took them directly into the city's center, before hand it made stops at a couple of taverns and pitstops. They were all independant businesses, owing allegiance to no nation. They were remarkably peaceful, the people out here knew that unity was the first line of defense against the dangers of the west.

Near Motara, they would take a path that wasn't nearly as peaceful, it carried them past Naho Bay and it's farmlands to the northern coast, pirates and worse roamed these areas. Using the numerous docks and buildings as hideouts, the streets there were torn by wars of the present, rather than the past. Alliances of gangsters, pirates and criminals forming and dissolving in a tumulteous roiling melting pot of death.

---

"What a lovely neighborhood! Don't you agree, fellows?"

OoC: Most of that travel story was written by Tiragath.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

GM

Another thing out of place around the Jattiko was it's left tread, small bits of it littered landscape as the subsonic report of a Fikou class coilgun echoed across the city streets. The aggressor was perched on an ancient fuel station of sorts, it quickly retreated down the backside of the building. Behind the Jattiko, three exosuits sporting disk launchers and elemental cannons emerged from various hiding spots that bandits and their ilk were good at finding. Prevailing in their stealth despite narrative excerpts that might've suggested otherwise.

With the earsplitting screech only a De-Matoran could manage, a simple message was shouted to the crew of the damaged (but not crippled, as the bandits suspected) heavy armor.

"This is Stiehl territory! Put your hands up nice and slow!"

If a sea-serpent's eyeball was bullet resistant, what kind of defenses would you imagine it's skakdi-sized, scale plated leg to have? The projectiles bloodied the leg, put failed to penetrate the thick scales. A giant paw-like hand swept in front of it to bat at Cor Saeva and Zekev, the motion revealing it to have several softer spots under it's shoulders.

Shard's strafing was interrupted by a tail the size of a small tree lashing out at him, snapping the crystals like oversized twigs.

...but close to it

IC: Kaleva

Kaleva turned with a smirk. "Finally! A chance to fight!" Kaleva shouted, as he turned the Jäger and had it race towards one of the opposing Exos. Looks like they don't have any melee weapons, Kaleva thought as he approached the enemy Exo, Once I get close enough, it should be easy enough to take them out then. As Kaleva approached, he rose the machine's left arm to defend himself with the shield on it.

Pu32xij.png

^Link to the Jatikko Reference Post^

Credit to T1S for the Okomation kit used here. Credit to Miras for the banner.

Bionifight Infinite Profiles - Lekona

Matoran Und Panzer Profiles - Kaleva/Jäger, Wekan

Year 60,000 Profiles - Kaleva/The Crimson Predator, Valfares

Formerly "toa nidhiki nuva".

IC: Cor Saeva - Burial.

I threw myself to the ground, pulling Zekev out of the way of the slicing claws. Throwing aside my empty blunderbusses - no time to reload now - I raised my new rifle and fired up at the softer scales of the creature's underarms. 

IC: Shard/Burial

"Gah!"

I tried to dodge but I was whacked by the tip of the serpent's tail. My suit and I fell to the ground. After I got up, I wheeled over away from the range of the tail.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC Mazex:

Within moments, the Icy Knive was in the air, diving down with war-scissors extended to stab the enemy.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Kain - Outside Burial

Kain continued to listen to his radio, completely oblivious what was going on with the rest of the group.

Anyone who had recently diverted their attention towards him could justifiably be confused as to which was more frightening; the fact that his mech looked like a being that had recently clawed its way out of Karzahni, or the sight of it headbanging to the Ta-Matoran's rediculously loud music.

Edited by Timageness
  • Upvote 1

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

"All righ', den," I say.

I take one last look at the lake behind me and then head back toward the large trunk. It takes me a few moments to find the opening.

"Dis way. Loo's like we ge's tuh climb all da way back up," I say to the others. I then enter the opening.

• Upvote 1

IC: (Zeleran/Motara)

Their new allies were showing promising initiative - already, all three of them had begun to attack...

The steltian slid open a small oblong hatch at the back of the tank (probably roughly 25cm tall × 40cm wide), fitting a Weakens Kanoka Disk into the military grade launcher stationed there, pointing it out the gap. There was just enough room to get a semi-clear view of the three exos, but Zeleran was not aiming for them.

It would not be known to anyone nearby that the  Power Level 6 Disk in question had in fact been created in Ga-Metru, and so imbued with the special powers of all disks forged in that district: the ability to change direction mid-flight at the user's command.

While Zeleran didn't know the Kanoka's origins, his analytical mind had come to associate the mark engraved on it's metallic surface to mean just this. 

Wasting no time, he fired the launcher directly at the outcrop of rock below the three exo's feet.

Kathok

GM

The lead exo, hereby referred to as "Exo Blue" due to it's blue coloration, was assaulted first by an apparently unaimed shell from Gamma and Arkie. This kicked by a fair bit of dust and a hail of shrapnel, but this was easily deflected by the suit's Hau. This also dealt with the twin bolts of electricity fired by Carth, also draining the last of the Hau's shielding powers. Bereft of shielding, Exo Blue charged through the smoke and dust kicked up by the first coilgun round, aiming to ram into Carth.

Kaleva was preparing to engage with Exo Red, the suit was not in fact dispossessed of melee armaments, it unsheathed a long knife. (well, more like a sword for a matoran. But in the Exo's hands it was definitely a knive) The knife had an odd pale olive colored light. In it's other hand was a disc launcher, it fired the discus at Kaleva's suit and then began to advance, eerie knife at the ready.

Completing the trio of primary colors, Exo Yellow tumbled down in a heap as Zeleran's Weaken Kanoka hit true, collapsing the small chunk of upturned pavement the trio had emerged on. Fortunately carrying it out of the way of Mazex's first strike. Believing itself unnoticed in the growing fray, the sneaky Fikou had made it's way to another rooftop, firing a blast of elemental gravity, a field that would weaken the gravitation bond of the Jattiko and the planet beneath them.

Cor Saeva and Zekev's projectiles found their mark, causing the beast to roar in pain. A roar carrying with it a physical presence and pressure, turned out this sea dragon was a sonic elemental, those energies directed at the Skakdi and Vortixx duo. Behind it, Logan was able to bury a greataxe into it's the joint of it's hind, left knee. Somewhat slowed by this attack, the beast turned it's attention to Logan.

Well, before it saw Shard, that was. Perhaps it knew the sword he now carried as a threat, or had been set to guard the ruins. Swatting Logan away with it's forearm, it advanced on Shard, easily matching any attempts he might've made to run and pinned him down with it's left paw-claw.

One jab.

Two jab.

It was slamming it's closed fist into the Gemcycle, attempting to crush it open and get to the matoran inside.

"You two... Radio for Kain and the others!" Logan was on his feet once more, but clearly wounded as he called out to Cor Saeva and Zekev.

Einefus had the right idea, climb out of Mangaia.

OOC

I'll get Kat and Lufon next time, having a wee bit of writing block down there...

...but close to it

IC: Arkie (Jatikko/Motara)

Thankfully, that gravity blast didn't do much. "Ikira!" I yell. "Get on your cannon!" I swing the turret back around, my sights set on the Fikou. I send a shell screeching along the barrel, aimed perfectly. As it flies through the air, set dead-centre on the Fikou's left legs, I shout to Gamma, "Another!" 

Then to Derkahn- "Derkahn! We need to go! Try and get us to that clocktower!"

IC: Suko (Treize)

"Hokey-dokey then," I say.

"Would you mind it much if I took a shot at that spire over there?"

Edited by Miras: Makuta of Awesome

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Kaleva

Spotting the incoming disc, Kaleva channeled his element to activate the Jäger's thrusters, pushing the exo in an arc to dodge the disc and approach the red exo-suit from an angle. Huh, so it does have melee weapons after all. Oh well, shouldn't be any trouble. As he got close, he lowered the left arm a bit while raising the right arm, and extending its Heat Blade, which he would use to slash at the red machine once he was within range.

Edited by Hunter Serge

Pu32xij.png

^Link to the Jatikko Reference Post^

Credit to T1S for the Okomation kit used here. Credit to Miras for the banner.

Bionifight Infinite Profiles - Lekona

Matoran Und Panzer Profiles - Kaleva/Jäger, Wekan

Year 60,000 Profiles - Kaleva/The Crimson Predator, Valfares

Formerly "toa nidhiki nuva".

IC: Cor Saeva - Burial (Shoreline). 

"What?" I couldn't hear what he was saying. The creature's sonic blast had my ears ringing. Besides, I was content to sit by and watch it beat the karz out of Shard. He deserved it. 

I started climbing. 

IC: Shard/Burial
I had long since left that spot along the castle wall, but it seemed like I was still there in the suit. I actually was, in fact, in the castle wall, having drilled my way through. What was actually in my place was a illusion projected by my suit's Mahiki. However, the creature wouldn't be fooled for long. I spoke to the Sgt. via Radio while heading over to the other side of the castle as my illusion began to fade.
"Sgt. I'm okay and used an illusion to escape, I'm heading over to the other side of the castle."

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

GM

Exo Blue wasn't as slow or stupid as Carth had assumed. As the kakama boosted suit charged, Exo Blue shot a retractable grappling hook from its right arm, wrapping around a distant pole, the proto steel wire right in Carth's path...

Exo Red didn't bother to wait for Kaleva to advance and strike first, instead it advanced with a kakama boost, slashing at Kaleva with the strange knife.

As Shard's illusion faded, the beast turned its attention towards the drilling noises and the tell tale sound of speech... The castles walls were of little consequence to the serpent, it smashed the one protectin the Cy-Matoran with a meaty paw, sending brick and mortar everywhere.

On the beach, it's two brothers decided to surface. Looking rather surprised at the destruction present.

...but close to it

IC: Cor Saeva - Burial (Shoreline).

Leaving Shard to deal with the first creature (or perhaps it was the other way around?) I picked up my weapon and took aim at the nearest of the two new ones that were approaching, trying to put a couple of rounds down its open mouth.