Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

You're going to hate me for saying this, but take a page from the Book of Verulas and use it as a distraction.

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

No. I refuse to take anything from that book. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

-==GEM OF MIST==-

It seemed like the mist might be the only issue, as the fog kept getting thicker and thicker... and then something that one of the two stepped on made a faint 'click'.

Definitely Kat's fault. Xara specifically told her to watch her step. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I'd like to remind everyone that the Host's Letter from the first post of Bionifight is played to each contestant when they appear. They're not totally clueless. :P

Oh. So is it played through audio?
I figure it'd be visible on a tablet thing while also being played audibly. (And new fighters appear in the Locker/Waiting rooms, or the personal quarters reserved for them in the Relaxation Sector, not the Training/Commercial/Knowledge Sectors. So they're not going to be standing in the middle of a group of people when reading/listening. :P)

I honestly don't know what they'd do with it.

Turn it in to the Bionifight staff? Trade it to another fighter?

IC: Tahnok Nuva

Pulling himself from shallow pool of lava, Tahnok glared at Werl. Not only would he have to replace his hammer, but his burned and tarnished armor as well. At least his body has a high tolerance for heat, else he might've lost an arm.

"Next time, warn me when you are about to do something foolish." He grunted, flicked a now-harden piece of rock off his shoulder. "We need to move faster, or else that gem or whatever may actually get us."

He looked at his prized Kualsi, wishing he didn't have to do this.

"Do you think you can use this?" He said, handing the mask to the deformed Toa.

Uh, no, he can't. A decorative Kualsi is decorative; when we give you three weapon/power spots, you can't loophole more in.

If Tahnok and Werl survive and return to the facility, their armor and weapons will be repaired to exactly how they were when the two arrived in the facility, so no need to worry about that.

If Werl did want to use the Kualsi, it would mean reapproving his profile with one existing power removed and replaced by the Kualsi.

Edited by Anung Un Rama

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Oh, right. I'm an idiot.

Name: Uuuh... Haven't actually thought of one yet. Dor now, just call him Bohrok or somethin'.
Species: Bohrok-Sen
Power/Weapon 1 & 2: (Bohrok) has the ability to shapeshift into other things after it has scanned them for their powers, looks traits and weaknesses. It gains both the look and powers of the thing it shapeshifts into
Power/Weapon 3: The 12 Bohrok & Bohrok-Kal powers (can change to just the 6 original powers if need be).
Appearance: http://i.imgur.com/BjMI8VC.png
Bio: IF YOU READ MY FAN-FIC AND DON'T WANT SPOILERS, PLEASE DO NOT READ FURTHER. THANK YOU.

(Bohrok) was created as a failsafe if the Bohrok-Kal ever failed to re-awaken the Bohrok queens. However, during the time when the Bohrok-Kal were destroyed, Lehvak-Kal's ascension through the mountains partially destroyed the nests and damaged the mechanism that released the swarms. The damage rendered (bohrok) with partial amnesia, and so set out to find the proper directive of what he was programmed to do - destroy the Toa and release the Bahrag. Just before its fight with Tahu Nuva, (bohrok) was teleported to the Bionifight arena.

Personality/Other: Le Bleep Bloop Robot

Power/Weapon 3: The 12 Bohrok & Bohrok-Kal powers (can change to just the 6 original powers if need be).

That's worth 12 power slots alone.

Or 6 if you lower it to the original amount.

Edited by Ehksidian

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Oh, right. I'm an idiot.

Name: Uuuh... Haven't actually thought of one yet. Dor now, just call him Bohrok or somethin'.

Species: Bohrok-Sen

Power/Weapon 1 & 2: (Bohrok) has the ability to shapeshift into other things after it has scanned them for their powers, looks traits and weaknesses. It gains both the look and powers of the thing it shapeshifts into

hahahahahahahahaha

no

• Upvote 5

I'm a little concerned by the fact that you thought this might be approved.

Did we accidentally approve something massively OP that served as a precedent?

:P

but their spirits

Name: Kaipatu

Species: Unknown (similar to a Toa but with no elemental powers and much taller and beefier)

Power/Weapon 1: A rifle that shoots bullets, similar to a human AWP, but slightly more Bionicle looking. It fires armor piercing rounds. It has a scope.

Power/Weapon 2: A Kualsi in the shape of a Great Komau

Power/Weapon 3: A large katana

Appearance: Kaipatu is about the size of Brutaka, and as muscular. His hands end with claws, proper claws. He is predominantly green, with accents of copper. His mask is copper. The bottom of his katana is made of a rahkshi staff. His eyes are deep purple.

Bio: Kaipatu is a Rahkshi hunter. After his village he was the protector of was destroyed by Rahkshi, he swore vengeance against them, and the Makuta. The rest of his past is a mystery, with clues of dead friends and scarred early life.

Personality/Other: He is male. He is cold, but caring to those who need it.

Edited by Sharkydane

Ah, no, nothing previous, just seeing if I could get my Bohrok into the game.

Perhaps I could make the shapeshifting ability into three powers, or is it alright as just two powers for now?

Well your third power does count as twelve powers, so likely. You could just limit him to one single krana, like Tahnok Nuva has.

Edited by Drakua Toa of Rahi

waffleman2010.png

*Click Banner to go to the Sikza Spriting Kit topic

I'd like to remind everyone that the Host's Letter from the first post of Bionifight is played to each contestant when they appear. They're not totally clueless. :P

Oh. So is it played through audio?
I figure it'd be visible on a tablet thing while also being played audibly. (And new fighters appear in the Locker/Waiting rooms, or the personal quarters reserved for them in the Relaxation Sector, not the Training/Commercial/Knowledge Sectors. So they're not going to be standing in the middle of a group of people when reading/listening. :P)

I honestly don't know what they'd do with it.

Turn it in to the Bionifight staff? Trade it to another fighter?

IC: Tahnok Nuva

Pulling himself from shallow pool of lava, Tahnok glared at Werl. Not only would he have to replace his hammer, but his burned and tarnished armor as well. At least his body has a high tolerance for heat, else he might've lost an arm.

"Next time, warn me when you are about to do something foolish." He grunted, flicked a now-harden piece of rock off his shoulder. "We need to move faster, or else that gem or whatever may actually get us."

He looked at his prized Kualsi, wishing he didn't have to do this.

"Do you think you can use this?" He said, handing the mask to the deformed Toa.

Uh, no, he can't. A decorative Kualsi is decorative; when we give you three weapon/power spots, you can't loophole more in.

If Tahnok and Werl survive and return to the facility, their armor and weapons will be repaired to exactly how they were when the two arrived in the facility, so no need to worry about that.

If Werl did want to use the Kualsi, it would mean reapproving his profile with one existing power removed and replaced by the Kualsi.

Darn. Well its not like Werl would get to keep the mask, and Tahnok isn't able to use it, but oh well. You didn't give them time to use it anyways.

Edit: Why won't this darn editor let me just delete the parts of the quote I don't want?!

Edited by Drakua Toa of Rahi

waffleman2010.png

Hm.

Does Ardian's contract power work based off of biological sex or mental gender?

If a shapeshifting female were to take a male form, how would his power respond to that?

Mental gender, since, canon-wise, Toa and Matoran don't have sexes, and I wasn't sure how many players would stick to that. =P

It would only work to fulfill his obeisance if she became a male, gender-wise, upon shape-shifting. Incidentally, you have just made me want to make a shape-shifter with multiple personalities of different genders. Good job.

*Snaps fingers*

Bio: Kaipatu is a Rahkshi hunter. After his village he was the protector of was destroyed by Rahkshi, he swore vengeance against them, and the Makuta. The rest of his past is a mystery, with clues of dead friends and scarred early life.

Personality/Other: He is male. He is cold, but caring to those who need it.

... really Dane?

~Just call me Shadow_Ignited~

So I heard y'all removed the character limit. You may come to regret that :P

I present for your appreciation and commentary:

Name: Venga

Species: Rahkshi

Power/Weapon 1: Seventh level Adaption. Can instantly perform “evolutions” of physical form or mental state to cope with environment or enemies. These adaptions must be reactionary, he cannot simply decide, for example, to become completely heat resistant. He has to encounter someone using heat-based attacks, or become placed in a high-temperature environment. His adaptions also do not allow for any major shapeshifting. If fighting someone fourteen feet tall he could not “adapt” into being the same height. His power only covers lesser acts of change, such as growing gills to cope with being underwater or thicker armour to cope with stronger punches. These adaptions can also stack upon each other, so if fighting a wielder of lightning whilst in a polar landscape he could become insulated to both the electricity and the cold. Throw more hazards at him and he’ll simply adapt more to cope with them. He has some level of control over the changes, so if facing a Ta-Toa and Ko-Toa he could force himself to become resistant to temperature extremes rather than constantly have to switch between fire and ice resistance

Power/Weapon 2: Flight. Being a Rahkshi gives several advantages. One of these is the ability to switch his exoskeleton into a mode capable of taking to the air. It does require he take a specific position though, with legs jutting out in front of him, the overall effect looking like he’s piloting some invisible, airborne canoe. Manage to break or remove even only one leg and he’s grounded. 

Power/Weapon 3: A naginata, named Diretooth, in which the hooked blade can be unscrewed, allowing it to also function as a sword and quarterstaff if the need for either arises. [Note: Assuming he is in contact with it, Venga’s adaptions will be passed on to Diretooth if needs be]

Appearance: Venga’s purple and black colour scheme has been modified slightly into a more harlequin-esque affair; what is black on one side is purple on the other, the twinned colours dancing round each other in a two-toned tango. The culmination of this is his head, which is split evenly between black on the right and purple on the left. Other than that mismatched design, Venga has an overall average build, sporting the usual eight-feet-tall-and-slender-with-it build of his kind. 

Bio: Venga was created by Makuta Icarax during his attempted conquest of the Northern Continent. Manas were all well and good for the brute force required  for a good old conquest, but occasionally methods more subtle were required. An assassin, an infiltrator, a hunter. Venga filled all these roles. Icarax had a habit of throwing him into scenarios that were supposed to be nigh-on unwinnable, the idea being that either the Rahkshi would succeed and become more powerful due to his experiences and lessons learned…or wasn’t as good as he needed to be and would perish for his inadequacy. That Venga is still alive and has reached the elusive seventh level of kraata evolution is testament to his skill and long career. This is not to say he had a smooth and easy ride. At some point he lost half of his the armour comprising his headplate, and since his powers do not allow him to heal it had to be replaced there and then in the field with the most compatible parts they had. It was this that gave him the dual coloration that he decided to go full out with.

After Icarax’s campaign was ended by the return of Teridax, Venga found his pursuits becoming more grounded in the mundane. With no grand sieges or pitched battles to take part in Venga was reduced to the role of glorified thug. Someone annoyed Icarax but the Makuta couldn’t be bothered to go after them himself? Off went Venga to remove the problem. Someone in Icarax’s service was trying to escape? Off went Venga to bring them back…or to remove the problem once again. Sure, a position many would consider enviable, but it was unfulfilling to the Rahkshi. He was suited to much better things than such trivial grunt work.

Then he got called up to Bionifight. A contest to see who was the best fighter throughout multiple dimensions? Oh yes, that had elegance, that had worth! And a sideline to see who could hunt down these Infinite Gems, who could track them and withstand their guardians? Oh my yes, this was sport!

Personality/Other: Venga is a formidable warrior of much skill and experience, which probably make him more deadly than his abilities ever could. He does however have one weakness. He’s a bit of a glory hound. Before he was used to the strict discipline of Icarax, where failure meant punishment. But in Bionifight? In Bionifight he could even die and there’s no problem! So without any risk of consequences, he has a tendency to avoid easy routes to success if he think it will make things more entertaining for himself

Name: Tuyetkhamun

Species: Toa

Power/Weapon 1: The seemingly endless array of paper bandages that clothe her are actually living things, capable of regenerating when damaged and possessed of unnatural prehensility. 

Power/Weapon 2: Can generate sorcerous ink than can be used to write certain sigils that have a physical effect, usually destructive. The symbol has to actually be written out, and only once it is completed will the effect take place. If written for a destructive effect it will last as long as the material it is placed on survives. For example, write a mark for acid on a wall and it will steadily eat through that wall, only ceasing once it has burnt through to the other side.

Power/Weapon 3: The same ink can also have effects on the mind when drawn upon anything that actually has a mind. They have the same rule about only taking effect once they are completed, but often come with the caveat that they need to be applied very specifically. A sigil designed to stop sight, for example, would be useless scrawled on someone’s arm. 

Appearance: The most obvious visual cue to set Tuyetkhamun apart from anyone else is the whole “covered in bandages” thing. They swaddle her from head to toe, uneven and twisted, dusty and yellowed. Here and there some of her original body pokes out, but its all armour with no tissue on it, the colours faded and paled. There is also her Kanohi, carved of alabaster and modelled after a noble Mahiki only much more stylised in decoration. It resembles a Matoran face, capturing an expression of serenity in a few stark and simple lines…except its missing the lower left quarter, a jagged wound that reveals her desiccated and fleshless jaw beneath. 

Bio: In the Time Before Time, when the world was newly formed from the very bones of the earth, it faced a terrible threat. The Makutekh, the one who was many and many who were one. A dread threat formed of darkness and fear, that began to swamp the world, devouring all light in its path. One hero stood against the darkness; the great Toa Helryhkte, guardian of all that was gold. She rallied te forces of the world to stand against the dread Makutehk…but it was not enough. The power of the shadow swarm was all-consuming, and could only be slowed not stopped. So Helryhkte turned to one of the few options left to her: the Book of Life. A dangerous artefact crafted by the Great Beings and long thought lost, supposedly containing the very life force of the universe within in words. Helryhkte found it. Helryhkte opened it. And Helryhkte read it. 

The raw power of the Book was transferred into Helryhkte, binding itself to her spirit. And she turned the power of creation against the Makutehk, destroying them utterly. There was a downside to this victory. Maybe due to an ability to contain the Book’s energies, or perhaps an overuse of that power, or maybe karma punishing her for taking the power to create life and perverting it to cause death, Helryhkte was transformed. It was as though she were consumed by the Book, paper and ink engulfing her, swaddling her within a fibrous prison and steadily eating away at the body within. But to great Helryhkte this did not matter. She had work to do. The Makutekh may have been destroyed, but their absence left chaos. Cities that needed rebuilding, people that needed feeding, power vacuums that needed filling. Helryhkte set out to help those she could, her newfound power drawing many to her cause. In time, the energies of the Book finally become too much for Helryhkte and she passed that power onto a successor, who continued her good work in her name. Many owed gratitude to the descendants of Helryhkte.

In time, owing gratitude become owing allegiance. And eventually, under the guiding hands of the current bearer of the Book’s power, Ptuyet, an allegiance became an Empire. 

The Empire and the dynasty that rules it has lasted up to the current day, weathering such challenges as insurrection under the Prophet-King Vakameses and the civil war caused by the usurper Nefergali. It holds all nations, all lands, all peoples under its aegis. They are the Empire’s to command and control. The current ruler of that Empire is Tuyetkhamun. While a Matoran she was one of the closest confidantes of the previous Empress, Cleokama, and was rewarded for it with inheritance of the throne. She has been a…firm ruler, to put it mildly. An autocrat who believes her word is absolute law, that her every action is both just and fair because it is her that is doing it. 

Though the Book’s powers have been watered down over the millennia that it has been contained within mortal shells, it is still substantial enough that Tuyetkhamun is feared enough that she need not know fear herself. No-one in her universe dares to go against that. It has made her arrogant and proud, this knowledge that armies will flee at simply the sight of her. Such a shame that no-one in Bionifight has heard of her before. 

Personality/Other: A self-obsessed egotist used to having legions of adoring servants attending to her every whim. Bionifight has been a rude awakening for her, one which has made her temper short and anger fierce

Name: Skrall

Species: Skrall

Power/Weapon 1: Skrall physiology. Though only around the same size as a Toa, just over seven feet tall, Skrall is much more physically capable in every way. His strength, speed, agility, reflexes, endurance…bar the use of masks (he cannot match a Pakari or Kakama, for example, but he could give a Calix a good run for its money) they are all vastly superior to the other Spherus Magna races and a good portion of the Matoran Universe ones.

Power/Weapon 2: Standard Skrall sword, plated with exsidian to make it tougher and more durable, though this doesn’t turn into some slice-through-anything-razor. It still has the launcher leading up from the hilt, though he has no Thornax to arm it with.

Power/Weapon 3: Razor shield. In addition to being very weighty and very spiky it has the ability to absorb any elemental energies that touch it. The idea being that it prevents possibilities such as one of the Fire Tribe heating the shield so much that Skrall drops it and leaves himself open to attack. This is not an “aura of effect” type deal, it touches the shield or no deal.

Appearance: Well, he’s a Skrall. He looks like they all do, tall and long of limb. Though he’s actually one of the green-armoured clan, emerald and ebony mixing freely on his metal cladding. 

Bio: Part of the military machine that was the Skrall tribe, Skrall was always present at the most pitched battles. But he was always placed in the rearguard or amongst the reserves, and as such could never accomplish any action that would earn him a treasured name. This absence haunted him. He wanted a name, needed a name. He started striking out on private missions of his own devising, heading out to take down dangerous creatures or scout forgotten outposts. This didn’t attract the attention he wanted, drawing the ire of his superiors rather than their approval. He found himself relegated to even more menial tasks. It was while on guard duty, well away from the just-launched battle of Atero that he was scooped away to Bionifight. 

Its heaven to him. So many people to fight, so many new and interesting species to match wits and swords with! He has sworn allegiance to the Queen and Host, assuming that, if he defeats enough people and recovers enough gems, they will give him the name he so desperately craves.

Personality/Other: Skrall is a fanatic. Give him a cause and he will devote himself to it, mind, body and soul. It is as though a part of him is missing, and he seeks to latch onto a cause or goal in the hope that one of them will be the right fit

• Upvote 5

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Rahkshi, mummies and Skrall. This is gonna be fun. 

I went with both. 

• Upvote 1

Pardon me, but I've just been reminded that I simply do not have the time to invest in this marvellous activity (on account of academics and extracurriculars, not to mention four (going on five) younger siblings); if anyone should wish to re-use the profiles I have proposed, please feel free to. Good luck to youse! :)

Edited by Makuta Marox

All is.

Will I need to make a topic of the finished Halken von Zakaz III Esquire moc in order for people to notice?

I noticed, I just forgot to make a comment on it. :B

Partially because dear lord that was the greatest thing to happen to any of my characters.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Will I need to make a topic of the finished Halken von Zakaz III Esquire moc in order for people to notice?

I noticed, I just forgot to make a comment on it. :B

Partially because dear lord that was the greatest thing to happen to any of my characters.

Your welcome! He is almost complete, just needs one more panel to finish up the legs.

waffleman2010.png

*Ignore this post*

Edited by The Manhunter

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

In which case I guess The Wyrm has already lost said energy boost by climbing a building... Whoops. 

IC: Prose/Mahri Nui/Team Muaka

"Oh no."

I was alone. Iskane, Daltrahk, and Kuro were nowhere to be found. I would have to find new allies.

"Anyone need a power boost?" said I as I activated my Prosperity as a field effect encompassing the whole team.

So everyone on Team Muaka gets a slight energy boost from Prose. As long as they stay around him.

That's going to drain him really quick, though, I think. 38 people?

but their spirits