Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

Firstly: Psionics-based powers can't be dodged, in the first place, so the concept of auto-hitting doesn't apply.

Secondly: No physical damage is being done to any of the affected people; they are merely feeling illusory pain until they gather to coordinate as a team. Or until they shrug off the 'attack'. Okavaung's doing it to over 30 people, here, so he's spread a little thin.

@Grochi:

Friggit

List the team your characters are on in your post, goddangit. :V

*Snaps fingers*

It doesn't matter if something is undodgeable. You don't get to RP the consequence or reactions of that undodgeable action, it is left up to the player affected.

So yes, RPing that you crawled in everyone's head and they were experiencing pain/illusions/headaches/whatever is an autohit.

• Upvote 4

...but close to it

Firstly: Psionics-based powers can't be dodged, in the first place, so the concept of auto-hitting doesn't apply.

That...seems poor logic, and a bad precedent. I mean, what if Jorth wanted to simply pull Okavaung apart with his elemental powers for getting in his head like that? You couldn't stop him or dodge, because hey, its power of will being directly applied to him. Same logic, but pretty sure you would (quite rightly) have issues with it

• Upvote 4

7AOYGDJ.jpg

It was to anyone not already gathered by Virse, A.D. and Okavaung, which I assumed to be a large number of people, since, presumably, the entire team didn't spawn in the same street, and few others mentioned gravitating towards that group. =P

*Snaps fingers*

Name: Tirkah

Species: Glatorian

Weapon/Power 1:A large projectile launcher, capable of tearing holes even in Protosteel. Resembles a human Hecate II in both appearance and power. Wiki link for the curious: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PGM_H%C3%A9cate_II This weapon fires an explosive armor piercing round that helps dissipate antidermis once it's punched through a Makuta's armor.

Weapon/Power 2: Chameleon suit. Allows Tirkah to blend with their environment, rendering them hard to see. This suit also provides adequate armor protection, and can turn blades and even small projectiles.

Weapon/power 3: Machete

Appearance: Blue under the Chameleon armor, the armor itself defaults in a dull green.

Bio: Hailing from a world where the Makuta took over both the Matoran Universe and Spherus Magna, Tirkah lived in a harsh unforgiving world, and the inhabitants developed weapons capable of punching through Protosteel armor. He has fought Makuta and Toa alike, as well as some other Glatorian, and is considered one of the best marksmen on Spherus Magna.

Personality: Brash, arrogant and rude, often tells stories of his past, unknown if these are true or not. Unforgiving in battle. Male.

Edited by Chumpu

Secondly: No physical damage is being done to any of the affected people; they are merely feeling illusory pain until they gather to coordinate as a team. Or until they shrug off the 'attack'. Okavaung's doing it to over 30 people, here, so he's spread a little thin.

@Grochi:

Friggit

List the team your characters are on in your post, goddangit. :V

*Snaps fingers*

It doesn't matter if something is undodgeable. You don't get to RP the consequence or reactions of that undodgeable action, it is left up to the player affected.

So yes, RPing that you crawled in everyone's head and they were experiencing pain/illusions/headaches/whatever is an autohit.

I never RP'd reactions, so not sure what you're blithering about, but OK

As for consequence, if by that you mean, what will occur as a result of his psionic action, it will obviously be that they experience the sensory illusions he attempted, even if only momentarily. They're free to shrug it off, as once again he's spread thin by causing illusions for a couple dozen people, but obviously they're not going to have anything other than the intended effect occur to them.

That...seems poor logic, and a bad precedent. I mean, what if Jorth wanted to simply pull Okavaung apart with his elemental powers for getting in his head like that? You couldn't stop him or dodge, because hey, its power of will being directly applied to him. Same logic, but pretty sure you would (quite rightly) have issues with it

Physically tearing apart a several-ton, probably about half-mechanical dragon seems a bit out of Jorth's capacity, but you do make a good point. Unfortunately, this point is irrelevant, as once again, Team Muaka members are experiencing minor headaches and a message relayed through sensory manipulation, so there are no harmful effects other than people being distracted in the event that they suicidally bum-rush without making preparations.

*Snaps fingers*

Physically tearing apart a several-ton, probably about half-mechanical dragon seems a bit out of Jorth's capacity, but you do make a good point. Unfortunately, this point is irrelevant, as once again, Team Muaka members are experiencing minor headaches and a message relayed through sensory manipulation, so there are no harmful effects other than people being distracted in the event that they suicidally bum-rush without making preparations.

No harmful effects...other than those headaches. So you are inflicting pain. And you're doing it automatically. So you're hitting people with pain, and you're doing it automatically. See the problem here?

And, like I said, it sets a precedent. If you say here that psionics can't be dodged and that Okavaung can simply will people into being hurt with no chance of them avoiding it, then what happens when you do it to only one person. The effects here are watered down, you could apparently do much worse to just one person, and if they call you out on it you just say "nope, did it here and there was no problem". Got to be careful with that sort of thing.

Also, revamped Tuyatkhamun profile. Hope it clears up what needed clearing:

Name: Tuyetkhamun

Species: Toa

Power/Weapon 1: The seemingly endless array of paper bandages that clothe her are actually living things, capable of regenerating when damaged and possessed of unnatural prehensility. 

Power/Weapon 2: Can generate ink than can be used to write sorcerous sigils that have either a mental or physical. The physical effects are essentially the ability to change matter from one form to another. So for instance a sigil could be written on a wall, and the stone of that wall the sigil was touching could turn to acid. Not the whole wall, just whatever the ink was touching. Solid steel could be turned into pliable much with enough ink and time. The effects will only take place once the sigil has been completed. 

Power/Weapon 3: The same ink can also have effects on the mind when drawn upon anything that actually has a mind. The mental effects could broadly be compared to a Komau, being able to manipulate the mind and anything connected to it. So, just as the Komau could be used to tell a person they are feeling intense pain, the sigils might do likewise once applied and completed. Like the physical-effect sigils, they only affect the area they have been drawn on. If a pain sigil is being drawn on an arm it will only cause pain in that arm. So it would be no use drawing a sigil to cause blindness on a leg. Legs can;t be blind, it would need to be around the eyes.

Appearance: The most obvious visual cue to set Tuyetkhamun apart from anyone else is the whole “covered in bandages” thing. They swaddle her from head to toe, uneven and twisted, dusty and yellowed. Here and there some of her original body pokes out, but its all armour with no tissue on it, the colours faded and paled. There is also her Kanohi, carved of alabaster and modelled after a noble Mahiki only much more stylised in decoration. It resembles a Matoran face, capturing an expression of serenity in a few stark and simple lines…except its missing the lower left quarter, a jagged wound that reveals her desiccated and fleshless jaw beneath. 

Bio: In the Time Before Time, when the world was newly formed from the very bones of the earth, it faced a terrible threat. The Makutekh, the one who was many and many who were one. A dread threat formed of darkness and fear, that began to swamp the world, devouring all light in its path. One hero stood against the darkness; the great Toa Helryhkte, guardian of all that was gold. She rallied te forces of the world to stand against the dread Makutehk…but it was not enough. The power of the shadow swarm was all-consuming, and could only be slowed not stopped. So Helryhkte turned to one of the few options left to her: the Book of Life. A dangerous artefact crafted by the Great Beings and long thought lost, supposedly containing the very life force of the universe within in words. Helryhkte found it. Helryhkte opened it. And Helryhkte read it. 

The raw power of the Book was transferred into Helryhkte, binding itself to her spirit. And she turned the power of creation against the Makutehk, destroying them utterly. There was a downside to this victory. Maybe due to an ability to contain the Book’s energies, or perhaps an overuse of that power, or maybe karma punishing her for taking the power to create life and perverting it to cause death, Helryhkte was transformed. It was as though she were consumed by the Book, paper and ink engulfing her, swaddling her within a fibrous prison and steadily eating away at the body within. But to great Helryhkte this did not matter. She had work to do. The Makutekh may have been destroyed, but their absence left chaos. Cities that needed rebuilding, people that needed feeding, power vacuums that needed filling. Helryhkte set out to help those she could, her newfound power drawing many to her cause. In time, the energies of the Book finally become too much for Helryhkte and she passed that power onto a successor, who continued her good work in her name. Many owed gratitude to the descendants of Helryhkte.

In time, owing gratitude become owing allegiance. And eventually, under the guiding hands of the current bearer of the Book’s power, Ptuyet, an allegiance became an Empire. 

The Empire and the dynasty that rules it has lasted up to the current day, weathering such challenges as insurrection under the Prophet-King Vakameses and the civil war caused by the usurper Nefergali. It holds all nations, all lands, all peoples under its aegis. They are the Empire’s to command and control. The current ruler of that Empire is Tuyetkhamun. While a Matoran she was one of the closest confidantes of the previous Empress, Cleokama, and was rewarded for it with inheritance of the throne. She has been a…firm ruler, to put it mildly. An autocrat who believes her word is absolute law, that her every action is both just and fair because it is her that is doing it. 

Though the Book’s powers have been watered down over the millennia that it has been contained within mortal shells, it is still substantial enough that Tuyetkhamun is feared enough that she need not know fear herself. No-one in her universe dares to go against that. It has made her arrogant and proud, this knowledge that armies will flee at simply the sight of her. Such a shame that no-one in Bionifight has heard of her before. 

Personality/Other: A self-obsessed egotist used to having legions of adoring servants attending to her every whim. Bionifight has been a rude awakening for her, one which has made her temper short and anger fierce

• Upvote 1

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Unfortunately to say, I think I will be dropping out of Bionifight. Really, my character has been invisible. There hasn't been enough interaction to really make this enjoyable for me. I would like to say, though, that this storyline is pretty good. I rather liked it. I almost don't want to leave, but I didn't see enough on the social aspect. I trust that the loss of my character really makes no difference, but I will be following the story still just to see how things end up. Bye, everyone.

VolitakCH14-Mata-Nui-Exploring-the-Universe.jpg

Hey, GM here. Just wanted to quickly pop out and note that your telepathy stunt would be difficult for the Queen to pull off. Generally, that which is difficult for the Queen is likely impossible for you. :)

The Queen gave the entire first batch of characters overwhelming waves of pain at the start of the RPG, and later nearly crushed the minds of two players, despite their resistance to her intrusion.

Causing brief, easily shrugged-off illusions to a couple dozen unprepared characters is nowhere near on par with either of these acts, especially for someone whose telepathic abilities are specifically attuned to exactly those types of illusions.

But if you really have that big of a problem with it, I didn't particularly care to have Okavaung lead or anything in the first place, I merely wanted the team to actually gather and act like one, instead of splitting off into cliques with a few lone wolves scattered about.

No harmful effects...other than those headaches. So you are inflicting pain. And you're doing it automatically. So you're hitting people with pain, and you're doing it automatically. See the problem here?

And, like I said, it sets a precedent. If you say here that psionics can't be dodged and that Okavaung can simply will people into being hurt with no chance of them avoiding it, then what happens when you do it to only one person. The effects here are watered down, you could apparently do much worse to just one person, and if they call you out on it you just say "nope, did it here and there was no problem". Got to be careful with that sort of thing.

Pain isn't an injury, and, to experienced fighters who should be used to pushing past it, it ought to be acting as no more than encouragement to gather for coordination. I should also point out that other players are significantly overestimating the headache in question. I specified it as being a minor headache; others are reacting with clutching their heads in pain, when they ought to be merely feeling more of an irritating pinprick of pain in the backs of their minds.

Additionally, Okavaung is focusing heavily right now, pretty much exerting all of his will towards the task, at the moment. The equivalent of performing this on a single person would be a great deal more painful to the target, but he'd be pretty much immobilized by the effort, meaning it would be nonviable as an offensive tactic, especially once the initial shock and unpreparedness had worn off. The best he could achieve is immobilizing himself and the enemy with an actual offensive attempt to actively crush their mind, as is detailed in his ability description.

Lastly, I would never do that on an enemy, as it's cheap. =P I'm only doing it here in order to try and get the team to gather in one spot and have someone, specifically Virse or Donrioda, coordinate them as a whole.

*Snaps fingers*

I'm moving house today so I might be offline for a few hours, later on. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I do take issue with it. I will happily expand upon my thoughts if you find it absolutely necessary when I return to my computer in a few hours.

Explanation isn't necessary (You are the GM, after all, what you say goes =P), although it would be appreciated. You can just shorten it to what, exactly, you have a problem with. If it's the scale of it, what, in your opinion, should be the extent of Okavaung's ability?

*Snaps fingers*

Not being able to autohit is a reasonable limitation, I would think. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Virse - Arena (Team Muaka)

She cringed slightly as the mental attack hit her. She wasn't sure whether to thank the being or shout at him, but fortunately a Toa of Air beat her to it. Assaulting allies, even with good intentions, was only bringing further chaos.

"That was... unnecessary," she rasped up to it. "Please, I know what I am doing."

She turned back to the dragon. "The plan is risky. A flying target is just as likely to be shot as seen. It may be better to use the cover these structures provide to our advantage. We can create a distraction group to confuse and draw out the enemy while the stealth group follows behind, though that also runs the risk of the enemy separating and ambushing our ambush."

She looked around for any familiar masks or elements that could be used for stealth. Her own mask could be useful for that tactic.

Virse didn't feel the mental attack; it was only directed towards people not already near Okavaung, Virse and A.D.

*Snaps fingers*

I'm waiting for an Elittra post.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

I do take issue with it. I will happily expand upon my thoughts if you find it absolutely necessary when I return to my computer in a few hours.

Explanation isn't necessary (You are the GM, after all, what you say goes =P), although it would be appreciated. You can just shorten it to what, exactly, you have a problem with. If it's the scale of it, what, in your opinion, should be the extent of Okavaung's ability?

*Snaps fingers*

Being able to contact everybody in your team who isn't currently near you, especially when you have minimal knowledge of who they are, is a little unrealistic - especially in what is (assumed to be) a fairly well-sized village.

Other than that, it does count as an autohit, because it is an attack - you're forcing yourself into somebody else's mind and causing them pain. How on earth is that not an autohit? Just because it's not physical?

Not to be mean, but Jason, if your justification for it not being an autohit is because it's not physical or because it isn't really doing any damage, then you need to rethink that fairly heavily.

• Upvote 1

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Yeah. How exactly did he know who was/wasn't on his team? How did he find them all when they're so spread out? For example, my Team Muaka character, The Wyrm, is near the middle of the city perched up on a rooftop. How could you guy's telepathic powers reach out that far? 

What if a shape-shifter was to take on the appearance of a member of the other team?

*Snaps fingers*

The team marker sash would give them away. Unless their shapeshifting is illusory rather than physical, in which case they could shift that too.  

So, is that Nibbs approved or..?

Yes. Dragon no. 5 Nibbs approved.  

Name: Tirkah

Species: Glatorian

Weapon/Power 1:A large projectile launcher, capable of tearing holes even in Protosteel. Resembles a human Hecate II in both appearance and power. Wiki link for the curious: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PGM_Hécate_II

Weapon/Power 2: Chameleon suit. Allows Tirkah to blend with their environment, rendering them hard to see. This suit also provides adequate armor protection, and can turn blades and even small projectiles.

weapon/power 3: Machete

Appearance: Blue under the Chameleon armor, the armor itself defaults in a dull green. 

Bio: Hailing from a world where the Makuta took over both the Matoran Universe and Spherus Magna, Tirkah lived in a harsh unforgiving world, and the inhabitants developed weapons capable of punching through Protosteel armor.

Personality: Quiet and reserved, unforgiving in battle. Male.

Approved, but be careful about how much protosteel you pierce.  

Also, revamped Tuyatkhamun profile. Hope it clears up what needed clearing:

Name: Tuyetkhamun[/size]

Species: Toa

Power/Weapon 1: The seemingly endless array of paper bandages that clothe her are actually living things, capable of regenerating when damaged and possessed of unnatural prehensility. 

Power/Weapon 2: Can generate ink than can be used to write sorcerous sigils that have either a mental or physical. The physical effects are essentially the ability to change matter from one form to another. So for instance a sigil could be written on a wall, and the stone of that wall the sigil was touching could turn to acid. Not the whole wall, just whatever the ink was touching. Solid steel could be turned into pliable much with enough ink and time. The effects will only take place once the sigil has been completed. 

Power/Weapon 3: The same ink can also have effects on the mind when drawn upon anything that actually has a mind. The mental effects could broadly be compared to a Komau, being able to manipulate the mind and anything connected to it. So, just as the Komau could be used to tell a person they are feeling intense pain, the sigils might do likewise once applied and completed. Like the physical-effect sigils, they only affect the area they have been drawn on. If a pain sigil is being drawn on an arm it will only cause pain in that arm. So it would be no use drawing a sigil to cause blindness on a leg. Legs can;t be blind, it would need to be around the eyes.

Appearance: The most obvious visual cue to set Tuyetkhamun apart from anyone else is the whole “covered in bandages” thing. They swaddle her from head to toe, uneven and twisted, dusty and yellowed. Here and there some of her original body pokes out, but its all armour with no tissue on it, the colours faded and paled. There is also her Kanohi, carved of alabaster and modelled after a noble Mahiki only much more stylised in decoration. It resembles a Matoran face, capturing an expression of serenity in a few stark and simple lines…except its missing the lower left quarter, a jagged wound that reveals her desiccated and fleshless jaw beneath. 

Bio: In the Time Before Time, when the world was newly formed from the very bones of the earth, it faced a terrible threat. The Makutekh, the one who was many and many who were one. A dread threat formed of darkness and fear, that began to swamp the world, devouring all light in its path. One hero stood against the darkness; the great Toa Helryhkte, guardian of all that was gold. She rallied te forces of the world to stand against the dread Makutehk…but it was not enough. The power of the shadow swarm was all-consuming, and could only be slowed not stopped. So Helryhkte turned to one of the few options left to her: the Book of Life. A dangerous artefact crafted by the Great Beings and long thought lost, supposedly containing the very life force of the universe within in words. Helryhkte found it. Helryhkte opened it. And Helryhkte read it. 

The raw power of the Book was transferred into Helryhkte, binding itself to her spirit. And she turned the power of creation against the Makutehk, destroying them utterly. There was a downside to this victory. Maybe due to an ability to contain the Book’s energies, or perhaps an overuse of that power, or maybe karma punishing her for taking the power to create life and perverting it to cause death, Helryhkte was transformed. It was as though she were consumed by the Book, paper and ink engulfing her, swaddling her within a fibrous prison and steadily eating away at the body within. But to great Helryhkte this did not matter. She had work to do. The Makutekh may have been destroyed, but their absence left chaos. Cities that needed rebuilding, people that needed feeding, power vacuums that needed filling. Helryhkte set out to help those she could, her newfound power drawing many to her cause. In time, the energies of the Book finally become too much for Helryhkte and she passed that power onto a successor, who continued her good work in her name. Many owed gratitude to the descendants of Helryhkte.

In time, owing gratitude become owing allegiance. And eventually, under the guiding hands of the current bearer of the Book’s power, Ptuyet, an allegiance became an Empire. 

The Empire and the dynasty that rules it has lasted up to the current day, weathering such challenges as insurrection under the Prophet-King Vakameses and the civil war caused by the usurper Nefergali. It holds all nations, all lands, all peoples under its aegis. They are the Empire’s to command and control. The current ruler of that Empire is Tuyetkhamun. While a Matoran she was one of the closest confidantes of the previous Empress, Cleokama, and was rewarded for it with inheritance of the throne. She has been a…firm ruler, to put it mildly. An autocrat who believes her word is absolute law, that her every action is both just and fair because it is her that is doing it. 

Though the Book’s powers have been watered down over the millennia that it has been contained within mortal shells, it is still substantial enough that Tuyetkhamun is feared enough that she need not know fear herself. No-one in her universe dares to go against that. It has made her arrogant and proud, this knowledge that armies will flee at simply the sight of her. Such a shame that no-one in Bionifight has heard of her before. 

Personality/Other: A self-obsessed egotist used to having legions of adoring servants attending to her every whim. Bionifight has been a rude awakening for her, one which has made her temper short and anger fierce

Approved! Thanks for clarifying.

I'll see you folks in a few hours.

Edited by Anung Un Rama

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

*Snaps fingers*

Being able to contact everybody in your team who isn't currently near you, especially when you have minimal knowledge of who they are, is a little unrealistic - especially in what is (assumed to be) a fairly well-sized village.

Other than that, it does count as an autohit, because it is an attack - you're forcing yourself into somebody else's mind and causing them pain. How on earth is that not an autohit? Just because it's not physical?

Not to be mean, but Jason, if your justification for it not being an autohit is because it's not physical or because it isn't really doing any damage, then you need to rethink that fairly heavily.

I was unaware of exactly how spread out everyone was, so you do have a point with that. The range of his contact was too far. In the future, if Okavaung does something similar, he'll take a low flight path around the arena and pick people up in groups.

Knowing they're on his team is less problematic, since, generally, anyone on his team's side of the arena this early on will be on his team.

As for it being an autohit: Let's pretend, for a moment, that pain wasn't part of the illusion. Even then, Okavaung's telepathy is based on accessing other beings' minds. He can't actually use traditional telepathy; it's necessary that he manipulate the target's sense of hearing so that they 'hear' him speaking, and then he, being inside their head, listens to their response. So any attempt at telepathically communicating with someone requires worming his way inside their head. Now, this, coupled with the fact that Okavaung's flight and psionic ability make him suited to relaying messages, would mean that he will probably be communicating with people like that many, many times through the course of the RPG. Can I be expected to wait for a response from the other player each time? It would be like RPing a radio operator, and having to wait for others to respond to my hail before I get to my message, each and every time.

Now, for the pain itself: As has been stated already, it was minor. Would you complain about auto-hitting if another character pinched yours during a social interaction, and assumed yours wouldn't dodge it? Furthermore, a normal attack leaves lasting damage. Lasting pain, blood loss, broken bones, bruising, debilitation. A mental attack might leave you with permanent mental damage, but then it'd have to be something other than illusion-based pain. A minor headache, especially one that is easily shrugged off and disappears afterwards, leaves no damage. The only effect it has on the target is causing them momentary pain, before that target shrugs it off and moves on.

Lastly, I must ask if you can really compare this to any other auto-hit. There's a huge difference between someone, say, RPing that they punched another character, without giving the other player a chance to have their character block it, dodge or what have you, and someone RPing that they pulled the trigger when another character had already been RP'd as being held by the first at gunpoint. In the first case, there were options taken away from the other player. They could have blocked the blow, dodged it, maybe just rolled with it. They could have even chosen to take the blow of their own accord. In the case of the gunshot, what options did the second player have, in the first place? It's a gun at point-blank range, the muzzle placed directly against their flesh. They can't dodge it, and they can't just say that it went through them, but missed vital organs and left them A-OK and ready to keep fighting. They definitely can't block it. The best they could do is say the gun misfired, which is massively god-modding by making your character unrealistically lucky. The only result one could RP is that the person will get shot. In the case of psionics-based abilities, the only realistic result is that the target is exposed to the effects of the 'attack', even if for only a moment, before they begin to resist the other mind. Considering the fact that no truly harmful psionic action can be performed that quickly, I don't see any problem.

So, while you could technically call it an 'auto-hit', you'd be hard-pressed to make any sort of comparison to actual auto-hits. No lasting effect is felt by the target, and no viable options are taken from them, either.

It creates a distraction, however, which could realistically cause problems.

The main reason we're calling it an auto hit, however, is because you're forcing yourself into the mind of another being with no regard for any response that might come from this unwanted and inherently hostile contact, alongside causing them to experience pain and mentally shouting at them, all of which are things that could lead to you accidentally getting your teammates killed, realistically.

It's inherently unrealistic, the way you contacted so many people, and forcing yourself into their minds with no regard for any defenses they might have is a textbook auto hit.

• Upvote 7

profiles i guess

When Von Worten attacked with her psionic abilities, I wrote it as saying she projected the attack toward someone. That kind of sounds like what you are talking about, but I think it's really in how you write it. Would someone realistically be able to dodge a mental attack since they have no initial way of knowing it's coming? Probably not, but for the sake of fairness and avoiding arguments like this, I think it would be best to just describe what your mental action/attack is supposed to do, say who you are focusing it on, and let the other player determine whether or not it works.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

When Von Worten attacked with her psionic abilities, I wrote it as saying she projected the attack toward someone. That kind of sounds like what you are talking about, but I think it's really in how you write it. Would someone realistically be able to dodge a mental attack since they have no initial way of knowing it's coming? Probably not, but for the sake of fairness and avoiding arguments like this, I think it would be best to just describe what your mental action/attack is supposed to do, say who you are focusing it on, and let the other player determine whether or not it works.

This is pretty much what I wanted to do, but couldn't figure out any way to make not sound idiotic, like "Okavaung tried to worm his way into X person's mind". The word 'project' sounds pretty good, so thank you.

Response to Grochi's post will come when I'm not stalling the night in a real-time Mafia game. :P

*Snaps fingers*

There's also the fact that you have to enter the mind before exerting control over it - for example, making it hear or feel things it actually isn't, or attacking it. Realistically (as far as common usage dictates), somebody would be able to deflect/combat it there.

And - the comment about how Oka shouldn't have to wait for a response every time he tries to force his way into somebody's mind - not if the contact is consensual or already established. As it stands, that argument basically boils down to "I'm too lazy / unwilling to wait," as applied here.

profiles i guess

It creates a distraction, however, which could realistically cause problems.

The main reason we're calling it an auto hit, however, is because you're forcing yourself into the mind of another being with no regard for any response that might come from this unwanted and inherently hostile contact, alongside causing them to experience pain and mentally shouting at them, all of which are things that could lead to you accidentally getting your teammates killed, realistically.

It's inherently unrealistic, the way you contacted so many people, and forcing yourself into their minds with no regard for any defenses they might have is a textbook auto hit.

Are mental powers realistic at all?  Is anything here realistic at all!?   :P

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

It the purest sense of the word, no. Almost nothing here is "realistic." We do try to get as close as possible to realism while staying more or less within the realm of Bionicle.

That includes trying not to ignore any mental defenses that highly experienced and competent fighters may have.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Honestly, I'm willing to let it slide this once just because the majority of the people Okavung has contacted seem to be auto-bashing him anyway.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.