Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

A couple things:

1st: Nocton did not physically move. He tried to find disturbences in teh Shadow around them with his powers.

2nd: Are Baterra waterproof? :P I think they probably would be, to fight off Water Tribe members or hide in rivers.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Maglev, on the other hand, manages to get a look on Selaphiel, and lands between the two. He didn't recognize the species as there were not any Zyglak in his universe. However, he knew that she could hold his attacks in place somehow...telekinesis?

I'm kind of confused; how did Maglev "manage to get a look on Selaphiel"? She absorbed the energy from his attacks and then disappeared, and was only going to reappear when Prose was going to attack again.

pNNgXax.jpg

Hey Luroka and Fisher, could one of you explain how Ferronax was able to not only see Ismekne from half the map away, but actually shoot at and hit her? And that's not even including the part where the rather sturdy barricades should have simply blocked the attack.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I've seen a lot of love for Bastion (people linking soundtrack music in their post for example) but no love for Transistor in this forum

Come on guys

WHEN YOU SPEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK I HEAR SIIIIIIIIIIIIILEEEEEEEEEEENCE~

I'm just quiet about it until someone brings it up. =P

• Upvote 1

YMMV, but conventional wisdom would dictate, arctic, that moving at the speed of a maglev train and trying to hit something will be very bad for your health. Not to mention that doing it with your element doesn't really have any precedent in Canon, and last I checked your character doesn't have a kakama.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

It's more the problem that a person impacting at such speeds usually ends with the words "bloody" and "smear" somewhere in the description.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Yeah, I'd think projecting yourself forward that quickly would be possible, and certainly dangerous, but likely suicidal... unless you had a long stretch of space in which to slow down or something like that. Which Maglev lacks.

Edited by Anung Un Rama

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Hey Luroka and Fisher, could one of you explain how Ferronax was able to not only see Ismekne from half the map away, but actually shoot at and hit her? And that's not even including the part where the rather sturdy barricades should have simply blocked the attack.

I visualize Ismekne standing on the top of the barricades. Olari said that she was on the rooftops when she rescued Is, and there's no indication that they moved down to street level. 

Olari went down to where Hound and Kale were, in the middle of the barricaded area. And even if she was on top one of the walls the guy shooting at her is still half the map away with all sort of buildings in the way.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Fishers- Vorzin's still invisible. He uncloaked, then when one of Maglev's spears hit him he re-cloaked again. Also there's the matter of the plasma currently spewing from Vorzin's mouth.

I don't think the Plasma is invisible. You specified that it was for propulsion, not an attack. That's why his strike hit A.D.'s hand and punctured one of his hand-scales. 

Even if it is invisible, it's also kind of a giveaway because of the heat. A.D. may be slightly fire resistant, but if he feels heat crawling his underbelly for no reason, he's going to reach down and protect the area. 

Sorry if this wasn't so fully clear...I missed the part about him recloaking. 

Name: The Skull Carrier

Species: Bionicle G2 villager (mutated)

Power/Weapon 1: Skull Armor. In addition to the skull spider plastered to his face, the Skull Carrier bears armor covered in at least 5 Skull spiders ready to attack on his command at all times. Given the nature of this Tournament, he arrives with just 5.

Power/Weapon 2: Skull Scythe. A scythe decorated with a skull visage that doubles as a hammer head.

Power/Weapon 3: [This slot can be taken away for balancing purposes] A former Jungle villager, he was adept at swinging through the jungle with ease. He carries with him a sling-mace, a slingshot with rock sewn into the pocket, which he once used to hunt food. Now he uses it to cripple his victims.

Appearance: With all the skull spiders clinging to him and his face, there isn't much of the real Karixis left to see. All that is left is the mute, decrepit green armor scratched and pitted by the arachnids clinging to him. The formerly ornamental armor is now shredded and shaped liked janged teeth and terrible claws. The Skull Carrier hunches over from the weight of the creatures is carries on his back.

Bio: The Skull Carrier, formerly known as Karixis, was a high ranking member amongst his tribe of the jungle. He helped carry out ceremonies, planned events and defended the village from enemies. That is, until the skull spiders came. While holding the monsters back with the other warriors, the village was flanked by the spiders, and numerous people were taken. By the time the fighting on the front stopped, it had been too late to save the tribe's home. the majority of his family and friends dead, Karixis set out against the Elder protector's wishes and set off on a mission of revenge. As we can see, that mission was a failure, and he was consumed. He now serves as the spiders' vehicle, defending their nests and feeding their young his life energy. Behind the living mask glued to his face, he honestly believes he is still serving his tribe.

Personality/Other: The Skull Carrier is in a world of his own, under the illusion that the spiders are his family, and that outsiders are to be destroyed. That being said, those who are the spawn of Makuta may confuse him, he may envision them as people from allied tribes, and treat them with cold respect, as a courtesy and nothing more. He cares more for his spiders than his own life. He is willing to defend them until the end.

Edit: Skull spider count has been specified.

Resubmitted AGAIN.

Is the Spider armor really that much a problem? There are only five spiders.

waffleman2010.png

*Click Banner to go to the Sikza Spriting Kit topic

Yeah but

The tinier his whole is, the tinier his mouth will proportionately be

And by extension, the tinier his max-size plasma balls will be

I don't see any way in which a dragon could burn a hole through which it could fit its torso, especially considering the lack of any time for the hole to be burned larger than its initial size

*Snaps fingers*

hey man neither do i

meanwhile, some of you will recognize this guy; consider him a deviation from the 'primary' praggos

Name: Praggos

Species: Toa

Power/Weapon 1: Hau-shaped Kanohi Avsa; this Kanohi allows Praggos to drain the energy, light, or positive emotions away from a target of his, should he maintain his focus on them, either from a distance or up close.

Power/Weapon 2: Telepathic contact. Praggos is able to connect telepathically with other beings within his immediate vicinity, although it requires direct eye contact to initiate it and extreme focus on his part to maintain it, to the point that he won't be able to move if he does so.

Power/Weapon 3: Mental emptiness. Praggos - while still holding the very barest semblances of a personality - is nearly entirely mindless, and this can be used in tandem with his telepathic contact as a weapon against an opponent, or as a passive defense against psionic attacks. A defense, because there's barely any mind to work with anyways - you're just as liable to get lost in his head looking for it as you are to find it and harm it, unless you're extremely proficient with psychic powers of that sort. A weapon, because if he connects with another being and fully exposes them to his mind, it enables them to experience the vast, grey nothingness of pain and emptiness that is all that really defines Praggos now, and it will take either extreme mental fortitude and power of will to easily free yourself, or a hard fight to distract Praggos's concentration or hope somebody else does for you.

Appearance: Praggos's current appearance is almost entirely nondescript - grey and white armour, holdovers from when he was still a Toa of Ice, a generally healthy physique, and such as that. The only particularly memorable or noticeable aspect of him is his wide, staring eyes, changed from the pale blue they once were to a grey so faint it's nearly white.

Bio: Praggos was, at one time, a guardsman of Ko-Koro, as well as a scientist; along with that, he was a mark bearer, bearing a metallic mark inscribed upon his body that allowed him to gain the powers of one certain emotion. This mark contributed to his decline into cruelty and arrogance; this trend continued with him even after his mark was removed, and he used his pursuit of science to pursue it. Eventually this led to him applying a specific upgrade to himself, a small piece of semi-organic machinery meant to meld with his cerebral tissue and grant him increased mental abilities and powers. It did so; however, it did so at the cost of his elemental powers and everything he had previously been as a person, rendering him a barely-aware husk of his former self.

Personality: Praggos still retains the barest amounts of a personality; he knows his name, he recognizes that his gender is that of a male, he is aware of what is occurring to his body, and he is capable of using first person pronouns. However, that is essentially all that is left with him; within his mind is nothing but either vast emptiness or vast pain, depending on how the person viewing it perceives it. At times, though, the original personality of Praggos, certainly in pain and seemingly repentant of his actions, appears to return at times from wherever it now resides.

Edited by Grochi ad Infinitum

profiles i guess

Yeah but

The tinier his whole is, the tinier his mouth will proportionately be

And by extension, the tinier his max-size plasma balls will be

I don't see any way in which a dragon could burn a hole through which it could fit its torso, especially considering the lack of any time for the hole to be burned larger than its initial size

*Snaps fingers*

Personally I thought it was interesting that he could fold his wings and go though. If you fold your wings, last I check you drop like a rock. :P

I guess the argument against that is that A.D. is falling as a faster rock, but still. The dude did still have one wing out. 

The real reason I let it fly (bad puns: over 9,000!) was that I'd already goofed a previous post with the cloaking and really didn't want to get into another argument this week. 

(In the case of anything regarding A.D. I think he's rather underpowered in comparison to the other dragons, despite having a pair of arms with sharp bones. This puts him at a disadvantage in the arena, and I think I need to reflect that. I'm okay with it so far, as it builds character and all of that. :))

Edited by fishers64

IC: Ferronox/Team Muaka

My attack fails. I then reform the spikes into fewer, larger, spikes, and strike at the building, intending to collapse it on Ismekne.

Unfortunately Ismekne is standing on top of the building, so I'm not sure how to IC this. Would you like the fortifications/taller building next to her to crumble, or the building she's standing on to fall with her on top of it?

Or something else? 

One is a bipedal Visorak that rides a kane-ra bull.

I'm sorry.... the mental image I'm getting from this is just too weird.... 

• Upvote 3

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Ferronox has, as far as the Skype can tell, still been where Ismekne was first rescued for the entire fight.

Meaning he shouldn't even have been able to see what he was doing for significant portions of the round, much less be able to extend his powers that far.

• Upvote 3

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Not to mention the sheer amount of metal he's been creating should have exhausted his elemental energy reserves by now. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick
  • Upvote 2

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

One is a bipedal Visorak that rides a kane-ra bull.

I'm sorry.... the mental image I'm getting from this is just too weird.... 

Yeah...I know. I had nightmares about it. But for some reason, if the GMs allow a steed, I'll make it. I should also mention that the Visorak also has one three-fingered hand instead of a claw and holds a lance.

FYI, this originated somehow from a drawing of Toxin's Kraata riding a Ussal with a kunai in his mouth.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC: Maglev/Muaka/Mahri Nui, Flying away into the bubble.

My speed was already going beyond the limit of the max speed of a falling object. Immediately, I created at ice ramp, zoomed down it and began going forward at ...and unfortunately, I was headed straight a clear path towards one side of the bubble. Oh no.

Alright, I'm sorry, but I have to take issue with this. First is ithe fact that he's moving, apparently, faster than terminal velocity. It doesn't work that way when there's air resistance involved - you'd have serious problems and would probably start suffering from the friction with the air around you if you got to that speed so quickly, and then moving faster than that in the short space you have would cause more issues.

Secondly, there's no realistic way to create a ramp large enough and sloped properly to have him survive it in the short amount of time he'd have to do so, let alone him surviving hitting it. Most likely, with what could realistically be done, he'd be able to make a tiny skateboard ramp wit hthe time he had, which would either shatter when he hit it and his body smeared on the ground in a circle with probably a twenty meter radius, or the ramp would hold up and his body parts would be strewn about in a fifteen meter radius with a discoloured ramp-shaped block of ice in the center.

Edited by Grochi ad Infinitum
  • Upvote 3

profiles i guess

I got the impression he was following Ismekne. That's what his posts seemed like with his attacks. Then Is was standing on the fortification above Ferronox and attacking him. 

I also get the impression that he's been reabsorbing his metal attacks when they don't work. That's what Ismekne has been doing if she knows what's good for her. 

It's also somewhat ambiguous how much healing Kale got done. I'm going that he fixed her back but her left hand is still not so good.

Edited by fishers64