Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/17210-bionifight-infinite/page-87?do=findComment&comment=880396

Well...with that edit, I created another gruesome death with the help of Selaphiel.

that's...a lot of gibs.

Also, I've preeetty much lost track of the round, so once the bubble pops I'm going to have both Donrioda and Ten be KO'd by the tidal wave.

even if they aren't supposed to be.

something will happen

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Because we someone to bounce around asking people to sign her mask, and apparently spectators that interact with the fighters don't exist so

Name: Nisaduf

Species: Fe-Matoran

Power/Weapon 1, 2, &3: The Illusion of Greatness: A nanobot-swarm that resides within the hallows of Nisaduf's armor and has the basic ability to fly, grab onto things, create illusions, and connect to one another to form into a dagger. Using this, Nisaduf can roughly replicate a majority of elemental powers that are either mere illusion or a combination of such and nanobot help. (Ex. To emulate a Pakari, they can help Nisaduf lift or hit stronger, though the effect is certainly lesser and can be noticed by an experienced fighter.) Along with this, it allows Nisaduf to make an illusion over herself to make her appear as another fighter.

Appearance: When not cloaked in a nanobot illusion, Nisaduf seems to be a fairly average Matoran. The lime green eyes behind a powerless bronze Kakama are tinged with madness, cold logic, and sometimes almost adoration, but she's smaller than a normal Matoran. Her armor is mainly that same bronze, with burnt orange highlighting her lips, fingertips, and other place of note while grey skin makes it certain that she is indeed a Fe-Matoran. Having been a Nynrah Ghost, her armor isn't her original armor, but is improved and hallow in many places, allowing it not only to give under powerful blows but house her creation, The Illusion of Greatness.

Bio: Nisaduf hails from a universe very aware of the interdimensional broadcasting platforms. Well, at the least, Nynrah is. She never really paid attention to anything other than what was happening in the latest broadcast anyway. Sure, she enjoyed inventing, but Nisaduf's true passion was following the Bionifight, seeing the great Starburst perform at her latest venue, and the like. She was a fangirl, in the truest meaning of the term, and her idols unsurprisingly didn't even know she existed. Also unsurprising was when she first began to invent machines to give her the powers that her idols had, using them to make her feel like them. Like many Nynrah Ghosts before, after, and across the multiverse, she fell victim to the idea that she was the best. But why work hard to become one of the best when you can just take one of the best's spots? 

The Illusion of Greatness was born, and the name of the weapon was completely and totally ironic, even to Nisaduf herself. But the beings on those broadcasts, they were her heroes; Nisaduf has always wanted to be like them. And now she can, on the glorious Friday night beat-'em-up extravaganza primetime event itself, Bionifight. Maybe she'll even get to participate in the hidden camera spin-off 'Out of the Arena'!

Personality/Other: At heart, even though she's rapidly become an insane fangirl who wants to literally become her heroes, Nisaduf's still a fangirl, and that's the outward appearance she emits. Though her eyes- and thoughts, considering the physics in the tournament- often reveal her true thoughts, her small stature actually helps in that few beings bother to get down on her level enough to truly recognize the slightly crazed look in her eyes for what it is. Her main topics of conversation are usually the heroes she idolizes, and when faced with a situation the reaction is usually to ponder 'What would [Hero] do?' 

Edited by Zakaro
  • Upvote 4

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

I got the impression he was following Ismekne. That's what his posts seemed like with his attacks. Then Is was standing on the fortification above Ferronox and attacking him. 

I also get the impression that he's been reabsorbing his metal attacks when they don't work. That's what Ismekne has been doing if she knows what's good for her. 

It's also somewhat ambiguous how much healing Kale got done. I'm going that he fixed her back but her left hand is still not so good.

He was never stated to have moved from his starting point, which means that you kept getting farther away while he shot at you from way over there.

Again, he never stated to reabsorb the metal after each attack. Most of the time they just change shape and go around for another attack.

Kale can fix anything in the body made out of metal as well as a bit of a picker-upper through light powers. Cuts, scratches and the like should be fine, but torn muscles are out of his area.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

This has become more of a chore than an enjoyable activity for me, and I lost interest in Bionifight midway through Drift Force. To add to that, I seem to be unable to meet the standards of this forum, so I am resigning from Bionifight Infinite.

...I'd like to join you, because, honestly, my nice losing streak shows me that I suck as an RPG player. And two of my three fighters are considered fightbots by the general public.

How about instead of just giving up and ditching, you guys persevere and put some effort into becoming better RPers? Keep an open mind about all of this, play fairly, and you'll have fun. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick
  • Upvote 3

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

This has become more of a chore than an enjoyable activity for me, and I lost interest in Bionifight midway through Drift Force. To add to that, I seem to be unable to meet the standards of this forum, so I am resigning from Bionifight Infinite.

...I'd like to join you, because, honestly, my nice losing streak shows me that I suck as an RPG player. And two of my three fighters are considered fightbots by the general public.

Arctic, you actually have a pretty solid grasp of how this works, it's just your characters need more defined personalities. Added to the fact that you tend to make pairs of super like minded characters, who aren't all that different than the fact that they team up together to fight.

• Upvote 2

Arctic, you actually have a pretty solid grasp of how this works, it's just your characters need more defined personalities. Added to the fact that you tend to make pairs of super like minded characters, who aren't all that different than the fact that they team up together to fight.

Yeah, but most of my RPing writing ability comes from my comic making, and usually it means that most of what I do is completely unrealistic and kinda lackluster in retrospect. With Maglev and my latest problem, you can see that. And most of my characters work in pairs in the comics, too.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17
  • Upvote 1

If you want to leave, Arctic, I definitely can't keep you from it, but I would like for you and Luroka to at least consider staying on. I've done some very, very stupid things and gotten on people's nerves, both in recent times and when I first started RPing, and I understand how being called out, sometimes fairly and sometimes harshly, on your mistakes can be discouraging, but I gotta be honest; no matter how mean it seemed to me when I first heard it, my criticisms were always useful. That isn't saying that I just had an air of "Oh, well, I'll just chin up and continue on" ; I left the BZPRPG shortly after I first joined it because I did something very stupid and got appropriately ridiculed. However, a year later, I was friends with many of the people who had most likely laughed at me, because the next time I joined I just listened to advice and kept the scope of my stuff small.

Well, I'm really, really rambling now, but here's what I'm trying to say; if you really, really don't like the RPG and don't want to participate, it's probably the best for you that you leave. Otherwise you're wasting your time, one of the worst things to waste. However, and this is important; if you want to leave because you feel like you're just going to keep on losing or being ridiculed, I'd recommend thinking about why that happens. It might be random, it might be because you're operating under a certain delusion; regardless, think about if you're willing to try and fix that. You're going to have low points in any interaction with people that aren't clones of you; you can either try to fix them or find a new interaction to fulfill the purpose of the last. That's really the best advice I can give; do what you want to do, but don't expect a problem to be solved because you're not willing to work hard on solving it.

...that just made RPing on a Bionicle forum sound important. It isn't; do what will make you happy. Here's hoping you stay and can (and do) have fun! If you don't stay, here's hoping you have fun in whatever you spend your time doing. I wish you nothing but the best of luck.

• Upvote 8

pNNgXax.jpg

Had another idea for a character that Dayeth would absolutely love.

Let's just say that while I agreed not to port over a certain, loveable Bo-Toa, the same was not said about his genetics (and no, I'm not talking about cloning).

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Step outside of your comfort zone and try something new. This game seems to be especially good for that.

If you really want to create characters who work in pairs, don't make fightbots who compliment each other perfectly and think the same. Create pairs who were forced together by circumstances and can't stand each other or something creative like that. Get some characterisation in there to make things interesting, that sort of thing. 

• Upvote 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

No worries. :) It was good fighting you though; I hold no resentment. I just got confused is all. 

Let's just say that while I agreed not to port over a certain, loveable Bo-Toa, the same was not said about his genetics (and no, I'm not talking about cloning).

Please don't tell me that Verulas and Septima wind up having a kid....

Another thing I should mention is that most, if not all, the characters I made in all the RPGs I'm in so far were made from my comic ideas that haven't existed on sprite/paper yet and are probably one of the main reasons why they aren't as fleshed out as any of everyone else's characters. I guess that's one of the reasons why I'm not so fully attached to them.

The only exceptions in this case are Maglev, Shard, and Alpha.

But I'll think about it. My character will stick around for the time being.

And I guess it's time I go back to my comics anways.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17
  • Upvote 1

Please don't tell me that Verulas and Septima wind up having a kid....

Maybe...

Let's just say that her whole "I helped destroy Obsidian Outpost" backstory would come back to bite her, and leave it at that. :evilgrin:

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Another thing I should mention is that most, if not all, the characters I made in all the RPGs I'm in so far were made from my comic ideas that haven't existed on sprite/paper yet and are probably one of the main reasons why they aren't as fleshed out as any of everyone else's characters. I guess that's one of the reasons why I'm not so fully attached to them.

Anna was made specifically for this; albeit frankensteined together from different backstory pieces and traits from other characters of mine, but... xP

Maybe...

Let's just say that her whole "I helped destroy Obsidian Outpost" backstory would come back to bite her, and leave it at that. :evilgrin:

I think I'm going to regret my decision to put her in this game....

Anna was made specifically for this; albeit frankensteined together from different backstory pieces and traits from other characters of mine, but... xP

And this is related to me how? T_ i

Your character is still by far more developed than mine.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

Maybe...

I think I'm going to regret my decision to put her in this game....

Yes. Yes you are.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Character development takes time and effort; try thinking about why your character would do something, their passions, frustrations, relations to others. Always look for alternative angles and added layers of nuance; in real life, no one is univocal. It takes a lot of time and practice to make a character that's interesting and intensely enjoyable to read, but you can help yourself along by looking actively for solutions to common problems for your profiles.

Some example solutions to one-dimensional-characters: 1 2 3.

Edited by L'Etranger
  • Upvote 1

pNNgXax.jpg

I just realized a good (but late to make) joke.

Maglev put a new meaning in *cues sunglasses*

Gravity Hurts.

No. 

I just realized a good (but late to make) joke.

Maglev put a new meaning in *cues sunglasses*

Gravity Hurts.

No. 

Yes.

B-)  B-)  B-)  B-)  B-)  B-)  B-)  B-) 

Character development takes time and effort; try thinking about why your character would do something, their passions, frustrations, relations to others. Always look for alternative angles and added layers of nuance; in real life, no one is univocal. It takes a lot of time and practice to make a character that's interesting and intensely enjoyable to read, but you can help yourself along by looking actively for solutions to common problems for your profiles.

Some example solutions to one-dimensional-characters: 1 2 3.

Thanks. I guess the least I can ask is can I replace Kuro and Prose for a Makuta with the same abilities. I want to test it out.

I don't want them killed. Maybe the Host may choose to return them to their universe because they aren't great fighters. Y'know the standard that everyone practically has.

Even Maglev could kill them.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

Queen + Elittra post coming shortly; getting caught up on profiles first.

Name: Lord Spectrum the Hellhorse
Species: Quercus robur
Power/Weapon 1: Thick
Power/Weapon 2: Oaken
Power/Weapon 3: Reliable
Appearance: Quercus robur is a large deciduous tree, with circumference of grand oaks from 4 m (13 ft) to exceptional 12 m (39 ft).[citation needed] The Majesty Oak with a circumference of 12.2 m (40 ft) is the thickest tree in Great Britain,[citation needed] and the Kaive Oak in Latvia with a circumference of 10.2 m (33 ft) is the thickest tree in Northern Europe.[citation needed] Q. robur has lobed and nearly sessile (very short-stalked) leaves 7–14 cm (2.8–5.5 in) long. Flowering takes place in mid spring, and their fruit, called acorns, ripen by the following autumn. The acorns are 2–2.5 cm (0.79–0.98 in) long, pedunculate (having a peduncle or acorn-stalk, 3–7 cm (1.2–2.8 in) long) with one to four acorns on each peduncle.
Bio: In England, the English oak has assumed the status of a national emblem. This has its origins in the oak tree at Boscobel House, where the future King Charles II hid from his Parliamentarian pursuers in 1650 during the English Civil War; the tree has since been known as the Royal Oak. This event was celebrated nationally on 29 May as Oak Apple Day, which is continued to this day in some communities.[14] ‘The Royal Oak’ is the third most popular pub name in Britain (541 in 2007)[15] and has been the name of eight major Royal Navy warships. The naval associations are strengthened by the fact that oak was the main construction material for sailing warships. The Royal Navy was often described as ‘The Wooden Walls of Old England’[16] (a paraphrase of the Delphic Oracle) and the Navy’s official quick march is "Heart of Oak". Furthermore, the oak is the most common woodland tree in England.[17] An oak tree has been depicted on the reverse of the pound coin (the 1987 and 1992 issues) and a sprig of oak leaves and acorns is the emblem of the National Trust.

He is also a hellhorse.[citation needed]
Personality/Other: Quercus robur' is planted for forestry, and produces a long-lasting and durable heartwood, much in demand for interior and furniture work. The wood of Q. robur is identified by a close examination of a cross-section perpendicular to fibres. The wood is characterised by its distinct (often wide) dark and light brown growth rings. The earlywood displays a vast number of large vessels (~0.5 mm (0.020 in) diameter). There are rays of thin (~0.1 mm (0.0039 in)) yellow or light brown lines running across the growth rings. The timber is around 720 kg (1,590 lb) per cubic meter in density.[5]

-Tyler

Name: The Skull Carrier

Species: Bionicle G2 villager (mutated)

Power/Weapon 1: Skull Armor. In addition to the skull spider plastered to his face, the Skull Carrier bears armor covered in at least 5 Skull spiders ready to attack on his command at all times. Given the nature of this Tournament, he arrives with just 5.

Power/Weapon 2: Skull Scythe. A scythe decorated with a skull visage that doubles as a hammer head.

Power/Weapon 3: [This slot can be taken away for balancing purposes] A former Jungle villager, he was adept at swinging through the jungle with ease. He carries with him a sling-mace, a slingshot with rock sewn into the pocket, which he once used to hunt food. Now he uses it to cripple his victims.

Appearance: With all the skull spiders clinging to him and his face, there isn't much of the real Karixis left to see. All that is left is the mute, decrepit green armor scratched and pitted by the arachnids clinging to him. The formerly ornamental armor is now shredded and shaped liked janged teeth and terrible claws. The Skull Carrier hunches over from the weight of the creatures is carries on his back.

Bio: The Skull Carrier, formerly known as Karixis, was a high ranking member amongst his tribe of the jungle. He helped carry out ceremonies, planned events and defended the village from enemies. That is, until the skull spiders came. While holding the monsters back with the other warriors, the village was flanked by the spiders, and numerous people were taken. By the time the fighting on the front stopped, it had been too late to save the tribe's home. the majority of his family and friends dead, Karixis set out against the Elder protector's wishes and set off on a mission of revenge. As we can see, that mission was a failure, and he was consumed. He now serves as the spiders' vehicle, defending their nests and feeding their young his life energy. Behind the living mask glued to his face, he honestly believes he is still serving his tribe.

Personality/Other: The Skull Carrier is in a world of his own, under the illusion that the spiders are his family, and that outsiders are to be destroyed. That being said, those who are the spawn of Makuta may confuse him, he may envision them as people from allied tribes, and treat them with cold respect, as a courtesy and nothing more. He cares more for his spiders than his own life. He is willing to defend them until the end.

Edit: Skull spider count has been specified.

Resubmitted AGAIN.

Is the Spider armor really that much a problem? There are only five spiders.

hey man neither do i

meanwhile, some of you will recognize this guy; consider him a deviation from the 'primary' praggos

Name: Praggos

Species: Toa

Power/Weapon 1: Hau-shaped Kanohi Avsa; this Kanohi allows Praggos to drain the energy, light, or positive emotions away from a target of his, should he maintain his focus on them, either from a distance or up close.

Power/Weapon 2: Telepathic contact. Praggos is able to connect telepathically with other beings within his immediate vicinity, although it requires direct eye contact to initiate it and extreme focus on his part to maintain it, to the point that he won't be able to move if he does so.

Power/Weapon 3: Mental emptiness. Praggos - while still holding the very barest semblances of a personality - is nearly entirely mindless, and this can be used in tandem with his telepathic contact as a weapon against an opponent, or as a passive defense against psionic attacks. A defense, because there's barely any mind to work with anyways - you're just as liable to get lost in his head looking for it as you are to find it and harm it, unless you're extremely proficient with psychic powers of that sort. A weapon, because if he connects with another being and fully exposes them to his mind, it enables them to experience the vast, grey nothingness of pain and emptiness that is all that really defines Praggos now, and it will take either extreme mental fortitude and power of will to easily free yourself, or a hard fight to distract Praggos's concentration or hope somebody else does for you.

Appearance: Praggos's current appearance is almost entirely nondescript - grey and white armour, holdovers from when he was still a Toa of Ice, a generally healthy physique, and such as that. The only particularly memorable or noticeable aspect of him is his wide, staring eyes, changed from the pale blue they once were to a grey so faint it's nearly white.

Bio: Praggos was, at one time, a guardsman of Ko-Koro, as well as a scientist; along with that, he was a mark bearer, bearing a metallic mark inscribed upon his body that allowed him to gain the powers of one certain emotion. This mark contributed to his decline into cruelty and arrogance; this trend continued with him even after his mark was removed, and he used his pursuit of science to pursue it. Eventually this led to him applying a specific upgrade to himself, a small piece of semi-organic machinery meant to meld with his cerebral tissue and grant him increased mental abilities and powers. It did so; however, it did so at the cost of his elemental powers and everything he had previously been as a person, rendering him a barely-aware husk of his former self.

Personality: Praggos still retains the barest amounts of a personality; he knows his name, he recognizes that his gender is that of a male, he is aware of what is occurring to his body, and he is capable of using first person pronouns. However, that is essentially all that is left with him; within his mind is nothing but either vast emptiness or vast pain, depending on how the person viewing it perceives it. At times, though, the original personality of Praggos, certainly in pain and seemingly repentant of his actions, appears to return at times from wherever it now resides.

Because we someone to bounce around asking people to sign her mask, and apparently spectators that interact with the fighters don't exist so

Name: Nisaduf

Species: Fe-Matoran

Power/Weapon 1, 2, &3: The Illusion of Greatness: A nanobot-swarm that resides within the hallows of Nisaduf's armor and has the basic ability to fly, grab onto things, create illusions, and connect to one another to form into a dagger. Using this, Nisaduf can roughly replicate a majority of elemental powers that are either mere illusion or a combination of such and nanobot help. (Ex. To emulate a Pakari, they can help Nisaduf lift or hit stronger, though the effect is certainly lesser and can be noticed by an experienced fighter.) Along with this, it allows Nisaduf to make an illusion over herself to make her appear as another fighter.

Appearance: When not cloaked in a nanobot illusion, Nisaduf seems to be a fairly average Matoran. The lime green eyes behind a powerless bronze Kakama are tinged with madness, cold logic, and sometimes almost adoration, but she's smaller than a normal Matoran. Her armor is mainly that same bronze, with burnt orange highlighting her lips, fingertips, and other place of note while grey skin makes it certain that she is indeed a Fe-Matoran. Having been a Nynrah Ghost, her armor isn't her original armor, but is improved and hallow in many places, allowing it not only to give under powerful blows but house her creation, The Illusion of Greatness.

Bio: Nisaduf hails from a universe very aware of the interdimensional broadcasting platforms. Well, at the least, Nynrah is. She never really paid attention to anything other than what was happening in the latest broadcast anyway. Sure, she enjoyed inventing, but Nisaduf's true passion was following the Bionifight, seeing the great Starburst perform at her latest venue, and the like. She was a fangirl, in the truest meaning of the term, and her idols unsurprisingly didn't even know she existed. Also unsurprising was when she first began to invent machines to give her the powers that her idols had, using them to make her feel like them. Like many Nynrah Ghosts before, after, and across the multiverse, she fell victim to the idea that she was the best. But why work hard to become one of the best when you can just take one of the best's spots? 

The Illusion of Greatness was born, and the name of the weapon was completely and totally ironic, even to Nisaduf herself. But the beings on those broadcasts, they were her heroes; Nisaduf has always wanted to be like them. And now she can, on the glorious Friday night beat-'em-up extravaganza primetime event itself, Bionifight. Maybe she'll even get to participate in the hidden camera spin-off 'Out of the Arena'!

Personality/Other: At heart, even though she's rapidly become an insane fangirl who wants to literally become her heroes, Nisaduf's still a fangirl, and that's the outward appearance she emits. Though her eyes- and thoughts, considering the physics in the tournament- often reveal her true thoughts, her small stature actually helps in that few beings bother to get down on her level enough to truly recognize the slightly crazed look in her eyes for what it is. Her main topics of conversation are usually the heroes she idolizes, and when faced with a situation the reaction is usually to ponder 'What would [Hero] do?' 

Looking at these profiles now.

Name: Sandalphon

Species: Toa

Power/Weapon 1: Elemental Control of Magma: Exactly what it sounds like. Has innate and natural control over molten rock in all forms and compositions, able to melt the ground with heat control that is a tad less refined but also a tad more powerful than that of a fire toa, as well as innate resistance to heat heightened enough that, when combined with one's natural resistance to their own element when it is under their control, allows him to even coat himself in his own magma.

Power/Weapon 2: Kanohi Kostanze, Mask of Punting: Allows Sandalphon to, whenever striking something, choose to punt it a ways away, be it a person, an elemental attack, a section of wall, a bad vibe, should he strike it, it will be sent flying. Extends to his weapon, detailed below.

Power/Weapon 3: Greatspade: A misnamed, yet undeniably intimidating cross between an oversized, sharpened Shovel and a Greatsword. Said to be forged by a master smith, the ashy grey Ironwood haft and Metal head are not only tough and durable, but also able to withstand extraordinarily high temperatures, perfect for slinging globules of lava at faraway opponents or batting away bolts of lightning with assistance from his Kanohi.

Appearance: One or two inches taller than average, but everyone of those inches is composed of solid, lean muscle. He's a very active young man, having grown up training in the martial arts at a local summit dedicated to the study and evolution of hand to hand combat. His Natural armor is a dark crimson accented with a burnt orange, with a small smattering of scars across the torso. Wears a nondescript dusty brown coat.

Bio: As mentioned above, grew up spending most of his time out of his single father's household and at the Martial Artist's Summit, literally located at the summit of the local mountain. There they took him in and he absorbed every aspect of fighting like a sponge, quickly picking up grappling and wrestling, to say nothing of his first love, striking. As he grew and matured, he began to apply those concepts to working with his element, resulting in a remarkably smooth career once he became a Gravesman.

Personality: A reserved, quiet man, albeit one with a decent sense of humour and an earnest, polite demeanor in spite of it. Holds a fairly standard set of morals, often placing faith in someone's ability to improve themselves and help themselves should they set their mind to it, thanks to a life of training and improving oneself like he has. Despite his grim occupation and now situation, he isn't overly gloomy or negative about everything. Considers himself to be fairly well-adjusted all around.

• Upvote 3

helo frens

Just a few tweaks to my profiles. Including adding art to the appearance sections, updating personalities (I kind of intentionally left them vague so I could figure them out as I posted. :P), and a few clarifications. Changes bolded and in purple for convenience. The posts still contain the original text until these are approved.

Name: Kopen

Species: Ka-Matoran (Dodge)

Power/Weapon 1: Kopen is blind and has learned to rely heavily on sensitive echolocation to navigate. She cannot “see” fine details, but it makes her very difficult to sneak up on. Vision and light based attacks do not affect her, but a silence field would be devastating.

Power/Weapon 2: A device surgically implanted into her face giving her limited access to her mask power.  That, coupled with her innate dodge powers and years of practice make it easier for her to wear down opponents, avoiding their blows until they wear themselves out, and she can strike. It is not foolproof, as a silent or very fast blow can catch her off guard. As she has no need of her eyes, the device takes up much of the upper half of her face, leaving a tangle of broken metal and diodes from her injuries and the surgery. She generally wears the blindfold and hat to cover it.

Power/Weapon 3: A long, golden staff tipped with three blades on either end. The blades are serrated and twist around each other into a point, making it an ideal weapon for digging through most types of armor. She’s rather attached to it and the clear ring the blades produce when struck.

Appearance: Kopen has taken to covering herself in scraps of cloth of all colors and textures. This covering includes a piece wrapped around her eyes and a round, flattened hat cocked off to one side of her head over her Kakama. Beneath the wrappings, there is an occasional glint of red and silver armor. Her armor clicks as she walks, providing the pings she needs for echolocation. She has a small, agile build, but otherwise looks like any other Matoran.

Bio: The circumstances around her creation are hazy, but even before she lost her sight in an accident, she was the target of many glares and insults from her fellow Matoran. After she tried to save another Matoran from a Rahkshi attack and was blinded, she was expelled from her village at last. She took to surviving the only way she knew how: little favors here and there, earning much respect and many clients, but never any friends.

Personality: Kopen has lived in obscurity for far too long. She was cast aside and thought worthless, and she has spent every moment from then on proving she is as good as any other. She had established a decent life for herself back home, but suddenly found all of her progress erased as she was teleported into Bionifight. Kopen is desperate for respect, and resents the fact that the other fighters seem to show none, especially the Queen. She covers her insecurities behind a facade of belligerence and dumb courage, but earn her trust and she might just show a hint of the kind Matoran she once was.

Name: Mirror (or "Mir")

Species: Mimic's Species

Power/Weapon 1: "Photographic Reflexes," upon viewing a physical feat, Mir will be able to duplicate it flawlessly and without practice. This skill applies only to movements, and cannot mirror elemental, mental, or innate abilities. Many attacks learned this way require a different weapon than what he uses, so it is not always helpful. In the name of fairness, Mir is starting out as a blank slate. He only knows basic combat with his own weapon and not much else, though he can learn much just by watching.

Power/Weapon 2: "Shard Lance," a long, thin-bladed sword of the purest protosteel and a long haft coming out the other end. In that way, it's closer to a polearm than lance. Mir always keeps it sharp and polished for combat to the point where he's near obsessive about it.

Power/Weapon 3: A device on each hand that, when activated, produces a strong magnetic field to repulse or attract. Though, by angling his hands downward, they can provide a short jump boost, his primary use is to attempt to steal others weapons for use with his photographic reflexes. The pull is not strong enough to rip weapons from their hands, but it can steal an unwary or weak opponent's weapon (assuming they are made of some kind of metal). The power can only be used in short bursts and takes a while to recharge from his own life force, making the use of this weapon exhausting in combat, but worthwhile.

Appearance: Being of the same species, Mirror looks very much like Mimic. His head looks somewhat reptilian with a mouth full of fangs in the front and two ear-like protrusions in the back. He has a wide, armored chest and powerful, yet agile, limbs that are able to quickly adapt to many fighting styles. His primary colors are deep blue with black and silver armor covering it.

Bio: Mir woke up one day in a shattered village. No two bricks were left together on the building he could only assume had been his home. All around were bodies similar to his own, crushed by falling debris or killed in the panic. Those of his friends that were still alive had long since left him for dead. But he didn't know for sure, because he couldn't remember anything. Not even his own name.

He wandered the universe for years, searching for some way to reclaim the memories that had been taken from him, or the friends that had left him. Along his travels, he met one like him, a Dark Hunter named Mimic, who showed him how to unlock his photographic reflexes before running off to another mission. Left more confused than grateful, Mir continued his own quest with a new name. One night, he went to sleep, Shard Lance by his side, and then he woke up in an Arena with a Queen telling him he had been selected for a glorious tournament. He never believed it, always imagining it was some kind of mistake.

Personality/Other: His amnesia and lack of real combat training has made Mir very unsure of himself, almost self-loathing at times. He's doesn't speak much, but when he does, it comes with a power and desperation that none would expect. His only mission in life is to find out who he was, and he will fight as well as he can to get back to that life.

Name: Toa Virse 

Species: Toa of Sand

Power/Weapon 1: Elemental Control of Sand. Includes creation, manipulation, and absorption of fine-grained stone.

Power/Weapon 2: Mask of Elemental Transmutation. Allows the user to turn their body into their element. The result is of equal mass to their original form. In her sand form, she can control the grains individually, but they must remain close together or she risks losing pieces of herself. Grains lost appear as physical wounds when she regains her form. The transmutation itself takes a few seconds as her body slowly changes.

Power/Weapon 3: Heat Gauntlet. A large glove of dark metal that wraps around her left hand. When activated, it can produce high temperatures capable of melting through some weaker metals. Her primary use for the device is the creation of hardened glass weaponry with the assistance of her powers. She is able to create the shape of any weapon with sand, then run it through the gauntlet to slowly form the shape. Her typical shape is a large, wide-bladed sword she has grown accustomed to using, but she has formed others as needed. While such a weapon is in use, the gauntlet's heat powers are virtually useless, as removing the weapon from the hand would shatter it. The weapons, being made of glass, are not has hard as the finest protosteel, but they will not shatter in typical combat situations. This ability also consumes much of the gauntlet's power supply, meaning she can only form five different weapons per round, but usually will only use one.

Appearance: Her original armor was dark orange and blocky, yet light, but she has since added rough, jagged plates of tan to represent her element better.  She wears a large piece of cloth wrapped around her neck and mouth for protection in her native deserts. Her build is stocky, more for strong hits than agile motions.

Bio: In the beginning of her existence, Virse was a Po-Matoran in a harsh world. The Great Beings of her universe decided to keep their creations on Spherus Magna to attempt to repair the damage done by the Energized Protodermis. Their plans failed, and the planet fractured, resulting in the Great Beings being taken from their world to dwell on one of the many moons created. Wars over resources broke out between the native Agori and Glatorian and the Matoran and Toa. So many were slaughtered, entire tribes were wiped out in the chaos of weapons and elements. Centuries passed, and an uneasy peace was established at last. The Great Beings have faded into myth and religion, creating a pantheon of elements and merits worshiped in the few clusters of civilization that remain. Most of the inhabitants wander the wastes of their home alone.
Virse was one such inhabitant. She survived the great war through her courage, and was promoted to be a Toa of Stone. With the war over, she didn't know what to do anymore. She searched the deserts for a purpose, and eventually stumbled upon one. An old Turaga, living as a hermit in the middle of nowhere, found her near-dead with exhaustion and thirst and took her in. He showed her how he pushed past the boundaries of his element of stone and learned to control the sands that surrounded them. Through centuries of practice, she mastered this skill as well, but at the cost of her control of stone. She bid goodbye to the Turaga and set off to teach others to feel the calm of sand. It was then that she was taken and placed in the Bionifight tournament.

Personality: Once a war-hardened veteran, Virse has learned versatility and peace from her training. Her voice is soft, almost hoarse from years of disuse, through the cloth around her mouth. She does not find conversation with those she does not trust easy, especially with those native to Spherus Magna. Though she is slow to anger and quiet, part of her still yearns for combat. She seems to become a different person on the battlefield, much more willing to take charge and speak up in order to have her plans heard.
Like many of those native to her universe, Virse is a devotee of the Great Being pantheon. Great Beings, robes, and Light elementals are considered sacred and are honored appropriately.

I didn't realize how fast those glass blades would go last round, so I boosted the limit from three to five. I hope that is alright.

I'll update Arkrax once I get his art done. I'll probably have to slip a few Transistor references in there. (why didn't I think of that earlier?) :P

Edited by Click