BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

IC: "Virse? Virse, wait!" Riss called, setting the Stratoaxer to lean up against the side of a building. "I can hear you leaving! I don't want to fight you!"

IC: "Urf. Thanks, Kopen," Xae said, reaching up to pat her hand with one of his. "How are you doing, though? Not too overwhelmed, I hope?"

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC - Yuri:

"Yes, I am of a different universe. I notice you are all of the incorrect speaking of language. Very sad, yes." Yuri watched with interest as Sevyn diced a plant, before he telekinetically grabbed the container and lifted it back out of Sevyn's apron. "What is this plant?"

IC - Ilyin:

Alright, cool, somebody to talk to. Now to figure out what to actually do.

Wait, no, I had an idea. Initiate joke manoeuvre.

"Alright. Hold out a hand."

Edited by Grochi of Potoos

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC - Vagust:

Vagust pulled back, bringing his sword back up and over his shoulder into the ox position, evading Ismekne's attack. He then lashed forwards, his point seeking Ismekne's heart, while she would be recovering from the hammer swing. He would, of course, prevent himself from actually harming his sparring partner - but there was no point to sparring at his level if you didn't do it full speed and full strength, at least until the last moment when you had to stop yourself.

IC(Ismekne): Ismekne brought her foot back in a sweeping motion, moving her chest away from the blade. She then reversed her swing, bringing the hammer back up from where it was back toward Vagust's head, with a blow that could knock him out from the backswing. She was at a diagonal to him now, his sword in front of her, and her back to his other hand.  

My hammer favors exaggerated motions in battle to try to deal the most damage, but he's got a weapon that can turn on a dime and harm without much force. 

IC: Sudrec

The what?

A pile of rocks appeared where there weren't any rocks before, with Sudrec narrowly avoiding a head-on collision with them.

"How the-"

Sudrec spotted the illusion in the image of the enemy mech and stood his own mech back up, swinging with his tonfa-

Only for the weapon to pass through the mech.

Illusion?

This wasn't good. If this enemy was messing with his head...

IC: The Puppetmaster (Baterra Nui) - Arena. 

The two illusions - hardlight and psionics - evaporated, and The Puppetmaster fired another volley of laser blasts at the enemy from his vantage point in the doorway.

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Lytrel

"... I'm not sure myself. I know my planet's called 'Tierra' in some other language, and I come from Something-York... But that's pretty much it."

Lytrel stuffed even more pizza into his mouth.

"Yeah, amnesia."

IC:

I realize that I haven't eaten anything since I vomited in a bathroom after my ... arrival here. The smell of pizza is overwhelming. When was the last time I ate pizza? Must have been three years ago or so ... business conference with Deputy Secretary Something-or-Other. Before that ... baby shower. Baria's father owned a pizzaria, wanted it to be there ... I'd wanted it to be there too ... I hated pizza back then ... just wanted to spend time with her family ... some kind of family.

I reach over and grab a slice of this guy's pizza, bring it over to my table.

"Amnesia, huh?" I say, taking a bite of the food; chewing, swallowing. "Sorry to hear about it. You remember your name, at least?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC - Vagust:

When his strike didn't connect, Vagust followed through on the movement needed to start it, quickly stepping past Ismekne and turning to face her again - only to see her hammer whoosh through the space where Vagust's head had been. He'd expected her to go for a counterattack when recovering from her earlier strike - that was why he kept moving - but it was still unnerving to see how quickly the spar could've ended.

Warhammer. Weighted head - breaks armour and bones both with ease, and is still really quick in the right hands. Just not versatile. Tricky, tricky. Use your reach.

Vagust brought his blade back into the plow stance, before jabbing quickly at Ismekne's abdomen with his blade, barely stepping forwards to offer the strike more power, but not so far forwards as to bring himself back into Ismekne's range very easily.

profiles i guess

IC: Kopen - Queen's Office

Her hand fell, and Kopen fidgeted for a moment before admitting, "Yeah... a little. I... I've never led anyone before, and now..." She ran through the list in her mind, with all its strange powers. "...I wouldn't know what to do."

IC: Mirror - Commercial Sector

He looked at her curiously for a second. He couldn't remember if he had heard of any great smoky catastrophe occurring in Metru Nui since his last visit. Then he remembered, alternate universes. It seemed a better topic than the tunnels.

"Where I come from," he began softly, "Metru Nui is just a great city, full of chutes and Matoran. Really, the only smoky place is Ta-Metru and all of their Mask Forgers. I... I traveled there... once."

IC: Virse - Arena

She paused, and for a moment the sand seemed to hold its shape. Virse let out a soft sigh. "I don't want to fight you either. I... I can't."

IC: Lytrel

Lytrel shook his head. "Most folks around here just call me 'Lytrel'. I'm pretty sure that's not my real name, but I can't remember what that is."

"Sustaining more damage to torso. Waist motor performance reduced to 79%."

This guy's stringing me along like a puppet!

As the illusions dissipated and more lasers hit the CHLE's torso, the mech began skating around in an erratic pattern, firing back at the door of the building where the lasers had come from.

17 rounds left on mag, 16, 15, 14, 13

"Uh, Riss? If you're not busy, a little backup? This guy has some illusion power..."

IC: "On it~!" Riss chimed over the mic to Sudrec. She paused and gave a small wave to Virse. "Virse, sorry, my partner's in trouble, so I need to go bail him out. Catch you after we handle him?"

IC: "...Kale's bio mentioned military service, and I headed several projects on Nynrah. If you want, we could always do the bulk of the leading? You could watch and learn from us, if you get selected again," Xaeraz offered. "But I think you'll do fine. The Queen wouldn't pick you if she didn't think you could do well, after all."

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Nisaduf (Comfort Sector, with Ilyin)

She frowns for a second, glancing down at her hands which are being warmed nicely by her steaming mug of coffee. With a slight sigh, she transfers the handle to her left hand and separates her right, extending the limb towards Ilyin, still quite confused and tired but curious enough to indulge the stranger.

IC: Sevyn (Commercial Sector, with Yuri) 

"Ah, that is an interesting little spice called the garlion! Tis a nifty combination of garlic and onion, mixed together in one plant for when you need a strong flavor to overcast a sour aftertaste! It's a gift from a friend, said he found it or made it or something. I don't particularly know or care, but it certainly can add an interesting zap to a meal!"

IC: Bajets (Commercial Sector, with Mirror)

"Really now?"

She turns towards Mirror inquisitively, crossing her legs and leaning forward, the aura of lady-like interest destroyed by the fact that she was still holding a piece of pizza. 

"Metru Nui of your land must be a better place than mine, then. My Metru Nui is the epitome of pollution, its smoke fills the air for miles around, the seas around it are tinted black with globules of oil and stained brown with flaking rust and erosion, and the very land itself is wearing itself apart in its toil for resources and greater building. It has managed to permanently tint its own suns darker, leaving it in a state where high noon is marked only by the light of a cloudy day midmorning on Zakaz. I find it a wretched place, though some call it home."

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

The mech turned towards and opened fire, forcing him to move sideways into another room, returning fire through the windows as he passed them by. He had to stoop to make it through the doorway. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC - Ilyin:

I took her hand in my own, smiling slightly, and fully ready to get coffee thrown in my face should she not appreciate my humour.

"Isn't this magical?"

IC - Yuri:

Yuri nodded his eyestalks, a mannerism he had adopted from the bipedal beings he had met in his time as a gladiator. "So, how does a man of the chefs find himself in the tournament of gladiators like this one, hmm?"

profiles i guess

Kopen shot a look back at the Queen, and lowered her voice again, "I'm still not sure about her, but I think that would be nice."

IC: Mirror - Commercial Sector

Suddenly his pizza didn't look so appetizing. "Sounds... interesting," he forced out. "...where do you call home then?"

Virse sighed again, this one full of weariness and strain. "I'm... sorry, but I can't let you do that." 

Her concentration dropped, and the Wrath quickly reformed, a plasma burst already warming up within the "Cleansing Blaze." Her hands moved swiftly, driving the mech forwards to stop her once-ally. 

The Toa was her friend, but the Great Beings were her gods. She could not watch them fall.

IC: Shoot. Riss sighed and powered the Bass Cannons back up, aiming them right at Virse. The mic switched back on and she radioed to Sudrec, "Hey, Sudrec, change of plans. I've got a hostile I need to engage here. Can you hold your own there for a while?" Before he could respond, her Bass Cannons began pumping out a steady drum beat, right at Virse's mech, as other, smaller speakers began to play a very distinctive bass line from one of The Crast's later works.

IC: "Okay, we'll do that, then. Maybe we should wait closer to the Med Bay for when the round ends, so we can talk to Kale? Or should we just ask the Queen to have him report here after the end of the round?"

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

OOC: ninja'd

Sudrec sighed as the enemy mech retreated into a building, dodging the laser blasts it sent at him. The CHLE wasn't agile or flexible enough to go follow it inside, and it didn't have any explosives to fox out the mega-Baterra from its hiding hole.

Might have to out that one on the back burner...

"Never mind Riss; enemy is inaccessible. Temporarily breaking contact - Oh my goodness."

As the Wrath rose from the sand, Sudrec stared in awe for a few moments before cursing his own lack of ingenuity.

"T-that's, that's, that's..."

Sudrec was now feeling very outclassed. Despite the mech's primitive appearance, it was technologically superior to the CHLE by several orders of magnitude. Sudrec felt like a caveman throwing rocks at Marendar; that was how in awe he was.

"Argh, why didn't I learn to pilot the advanced models?!" Sudrec screamed (he forgot to turn the mic off for this private tantrum) as his mech skated over to where the Wrath was advancing on the B-Side, opening fire, though keeping an eye on his rear view mirror and taking a very roundabout path so that he could turn around if his previous foe showed his face again.

"Twelve, eleven, ten, nine..."

Edited by One-Eyed Construct

He stopped near one of the windows and fired another duo of lasers towards the enemy's back. 

It only took her a moment to make a decision. "Let's go wait for him," she said, already walking for the door. She hated knowing the Queen was there, listening in on every word.

The blast of sound caught her mid-step, nearly sending the Wrath toppling. Virse grit her teeth against the assault and tried to push on. She couldn't risk having her plasma thrown back in her face. She needed to get away from the constant rattling. 

And so as the next burst hit, Virse let it throw the Wrath down, and her hands shifted from the controls to the walls, and she focused. The Wrath began dissolving again. No matter how shaken her sand was, it couldn't break, and she was much more free to move.

But Virse wasn't sure she wanted to reform. She thought she recognized the voice of Starburst's ally, and the name only confirmed it. Great Being Sudrec, The Divine Annihilator, the Masterful Conspirator. She was caught in a war between gods, unsure of whose side to take.

IC - Vagust:

When his strike didn't connect, Vagust followed through on the movement needed to start it, quickly stepping past Ismekne and turning to face her again - only to see her hammer whoosh through the space where Vagust's head had been. He'd expected her to go for a counterattack when recovering from her earlier strike - that was why he kept moving - but it was still unnerving to see how quickly the spar could've ended.

Warhammer. Weighted head - breaks armour and bones both with ease, and is still really quick in the right hands. Just not versatile. Tricky, tricky. Use your reach.

Vagust brought his blade back into the plow stance, before jabbing quickly at Ismekne's abdomen with his blade, barely stepping forwards to offer the strike more power, but not so far forwards as to bring himself back into Ismekne's range very easily.

IC(Ismekne): Ismekne allowed herself to step at a diagonal again, this time covering some distance to get out of the way of the plow strike. She quickly turned that momentum into a warhammer strike at Vagust's side, which could knock him over if it connected. 

"WARNING: cockpit block sustaining damage. Structural integrity reduced to 74%."

As the Wrath melted back into the sand, causing the bullets fired at it to miss, Sudrec turned around and fired more shots back at his original enemy.

Eight, seven, six, five, four...

IC: "Well then," Xae said with a small laugh.  He set the tablet down on his chair as he got up, said a small goodbye to the Queen, and began to follow Kopen out of the office.

"Hey, Kopen?" he asked as they left the office. "Do you want to maybe go get coffee or something while we wait?"

IC: "Virse..." Riss said, a bit of disappointment in her voice as the Wrath disappeared back into the sand. However, the other enemy had apparently resurfaced. Not stopping the Cannons, Riss swung around to the building she heard him within and began to target its foundation as well. If she could bring the building down on his head...

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Kopen - Hallways

She paused for a moment, then turned and grinned at him. "Sure, let's go." Her steps immediately turned to the Commercial Sector. For a Matoran, she could walk pretty fast. Her legs pushed for her to go faster, to see clearer, but she managed to hold back for now.

She no longer wanted to attack Starburst. Whether she did or did not, she would anger the Great Beings. The sheet of sand wavered uncertainly as the ground vibrated beneath it.

Even if she did not wish to attack, she could still help her ally. The sand slowly began crawling off in the direction of Starburst's fire

Bullets pinged off of the walls s he ducked for cover, feeling a twinge of pain as one of them punched through the exo to graze his real shoulder underneath. Just one he was going to straighten up and return fire, he realised the building was shaking.

He turned, spotting a window facing away from the street and throwing himself through it as the building began to collapse behind him. 

IC: "He's not in the building anymore!" Riss yelled as she leaped back, avoiding a crumbling section of the building that crashed down where she had been standing a moment ago. "Sudrec, you go around the left, I'll go right, we'll catch him one way or another! And don't forget to reload!"

IC: Xaeraz had to admit, though the height difference between him and Kopen was a bit awkward, he enjoyed being able to take one step for every few of hers. Still, he was fairly certain she was keeping herself slower for some reason.

You know, Kopen, I've got some pretty long legs. I can keep up if you want to run."

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

She pulled up short as the building her ally had been in collapsed, then slowly began sifting through the wreckage to reach him. He was on the run from two powerful opponents, and she could do nothing.

IC: Kopen - Hallways

"If you're sure," she grinned, and in a moment she was off down the halls. Her clickers rang furiously in her ears, bringing so much more detail than she had seen in a long time. It was freeing and relaxing to just keep running. A laugh even escaped her lips.

She was only vaguely aware of Xaeraz behind her, and her destination before her. This was what she had needed.

IC: Xaeraz laughed and jogged behind her, keeping pace fairly easily despite the fact that his feet were making notable thuds as he did so. It seemed that Dreisen and his crew had not made him any lighter. Not that Xaeraz minded, really. Being heavy had its perks sometimes.

"Hey, Kopen. Race to the commercial sector?"

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

GM IC: THE QUEEN - QUEEN'S OFFICE

The Queen frowned as two more screens descended from the ceiling; security feeds from throughout the Training, Knowledge, and Commercial Sectors filled them. Both Xaeraz and Kopen were visible as they ran through the lower halls towards the Medical Bay.... 

Worried about the Skakdi?

She ignored the presence, instead focusing on standing up and stretching before sending a telepathic message to Xaeraz.

Make sure to speak with Dreisen.

She withdrew from the fighter's mind before he could give a reply, sitting down on the floor of her office and crossing her legs.

What now? The presence asked, amused. You think to fix your mind? 

Yes, she replied.

I can stop you.

Not if I use you to tie me back together.

The presence did not answer, instead turning in on itself, trying to figure out whether or not she was bluffing. The Queen did not wait for it to finish, immediately beginning to process. 

It would be slow and painful for both of them.

After leaving the collapsing building he'd hidden himself away in the one behind it, moving into an upstairs room and watching from the window as the two enemy mechs rounded the collapsed structure in search of him.

He'd woven an illusions around himself to hide himself from view, and was now waiting for the moment to strike...

IC: The B Side charged around the right of the building, Bass Cannons temporarily pausing in their rhythmic beat to let her listen better for the enemy mech. The Stratoaxes was up and ready as Riss looked around and listened for something, anything that could be a hidden mech.

IC: Xaeraz grinned and charged after her, only acknowledging the Queen's message with a small mental nod and a note to talk to Dreisen soon. He managed to keep pace with Kopen fairly well, long legs smacking against the stone floor, even as he chose to hang back, behind her just a little bit.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

GM IC: MAEUS FO KURU - MEDICAL BASEMENT

"Ah! Here we are!"

Fishers would find herself in a starkly lit room with gray protodermis walls, ceiling, and floor. A variety of surgical tools were hanging on the far wall, and there was also a counter attached. In the middle of the room was an operating table with straps clearly meant to hold the victim patient in place.

"Please, lie down," Maeus instructed cheerfully. "It might be a little painful with those burns of yours, but we'll get rid of those shortly!"

OOC: Sorry, missed this one. Here we go. 

IC(fishers): fishers grimaced. The pain was bad as the Matoran sat down, and that immediately convinced her to straighten out. It was slightly difficult to see Maeus lying on the flat table, but she could still manage it. "Hmm." The Matoran mused. "This reminds me of the time I was imprisoned with a Makuta. He thought it was funny to chop my arms and legs off and grind them up in front of my face, trying to convince me that I would be left without them for the rest of my life."

Edited by fishers64

Likewise, the CHLE rounded the left side of the building...

Only to see nothing.

There was a very good chance an illusion was involved, however.

Sudrec waited, hand gripping the aiming joystick steadily, waiting for any visual cues or for Riss to hear something.

GM IC: DREISEN - ENGINEERING

Dreisen yawned as he shut down the computer and stood to his feet; several workers from Engineering hustled into view, rapidly packing up the entire desk setup and taking it down to the Sector. One Matoran began installing a small comm system that fighters would be able to use to contact Dreisen while he was gone.

Satisfied that the work would be up to par, Dreisen entered the keycode to open the entrance to the elevator leading down to Engineering.

He did not notice as the invisible Mirror Lytrel slipped into the elevator with him.

GM IC: MAEUS FO KURU - MEDICAL BASEMENT

"That is very interesting," the Skakdi replied as he carefully tied the restraints around Fisher's arms, legs, torso, and forehead. "And what was your response to his claims at the time? Were you at first frightened, or does the thought of pain appeal to you?"

Edited by Lucina
  • Upvote 3

IC(fishers): "Neither," fishers said, wondering at the restraints. Why so many, if he's going for live dismemberment? "He actually carried out his threat, and actually did it. I nearly starved to death, because I had no arms, and so I had to eat the other way, which was very hard with no legs. Eventually he got tired of watching me squirm on the floor and got me new legs and arms."

"I've never been stabbed in the gut before. At least, until this morning's arena battle where I got impaled with a sword through the stomach. That was a new one."

IC: "Well, rahksi staffs are kind of better for stabbing than cutting," Venix said with a shrug. "I've had to break up a few fights on Destral before. Easiest to get the staffs away after deafening the fighters. You'd think we'd know peace if everyone else in the universe did, but no."

IC: The B side knelt and pressed one side of its head to the ground, an audio sensor now up against the ground. The Bass Cannons continued to swivel, almost searching for any foes within range. Riss, meanwhile, closed her eyes to focus solely on sounds in an attempt to find the phantom mech she and Sudrec were chasing.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC Kat:

I snorted, "yeah, no kidding."

Another slice, horizontal, from right to left.

IC Tirkah:

He sneered, and spat upon the floor.

"Buncha cowardly traitors, that lot. Supposed to be the saviours of their universe and they go and throw their lot in with the Makuta."

He shook his head in disgust.

"Hate 'em. Specially them Toa Nuva or whatever they call em selves."

GM IC: MAEUS FO KURU

The Skakdi chuckled with amusement. "I'm sure you were very brave in each of these instances, dear Fishers."

Having finished tying the restraints, Maeus observed his Needle-Saw closely before asking: 

"Would you like to remain signed up for the War Games, my dear Fishers? Or would you prefer to skip them? Your answer will determine precisely how much information we are able to acquire."

GM IC: MIRROR LYTREL

While Dreisen immediately walked off towards what was clearly his office, the "Mirror Lytrel" (he smirked at the silly nickname) slipped among the workers, unseen and unheard as he analyzed the Engineering Sector.

It was easily the largest Sector of them all; the ceiling stretched a good 200 feet into the air, and there were many different levels of catwalks leading up towards it, wrapping around the various machines and Mechs that were under construction. The entire sector was filled with a constant storm of noise, although that was to be expected. Lights flashed from consoles, machines and Mechs alike, and workers constantly streamed from station to station, shifting from one project to the next.

The invisible being paused before one of the Mechs under construction - a small plaque nearby labelled it as the "Steampunk Clockodile 2.0". A small note had been attached indicating its owner, Terry Terrix, as well as another reminding workers that the Mech would not be needed for the War Games. He quickly glanced around the area before ducking into a spot where he would be able to observe the process without the risk of being discovered.