BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

IC: Von Worten

I nodded at the Queen's dismissal and left the armory and her office. I wanted, at that moment, some time alone to read, but I had not eaten in some time, and I knew that it would be foolish of me to abstain from obtaining sustenance. I traveled to the cafeteria, gathered a random assortment of food, chose a table, and sat. I ate and I read my new book, The Mind Tome.

If the Queen needed me, I was sure she would know where I was.

OOC: Von Worten open for interaction in the cafeteria.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

IC(A.D.): "I'll settle for getting that mummy to leave." A.D. said with disgust. "There's not need for punishment, just making sure she can't do whatever to the poison victims that are coming down here. Better yet, make her undo the poisoning upstairs. In public. In front of everyone."

IC(Kalatin): Kalatin blinked. He was still in pain from the bullet holes and the scorch marks, but alive.

IC(fishers): fishers tried to exit the medbay. Punishments were bad. fishers did not like those.

IC: Kopen - Queen's Armory

The Queen pulled her hand back, and sight went with it. Kopen almost cried out in disappointment. She was descending into blindness again, the world of color fading into form and sound.

It was cruel, showing her what everyone else saw before snatching it all away at the slightest disagreement. Kopen's only response to the Queen was a cold silence. But even without sight, she could tell the Queen was right. Whatever she had done, it was not healthy. To see the proud Queen in such a state managed to pull the tiniest ounce of pity from deep within her. But no more. She should feel guilty, or caring, but there was nothing. She was still not entirely convinced.

Kopen dutifully followed the Queen out, keeping her head down and her mouth closed.

IC: Lady Dajik - Med Bay

Her pleasant grin flickered for a moment, turning to a disdainful glare. Somehow, this Skakdi knew, and he was making sure everyone else in the room knew. Such breaches of privacy should be... removed. There were far too many targets here, and each of them was proving difficult to finish. She needed darkness, and smoke, and time, none of which this facility seemed to offer. If only she could discover a few of her compatriots among the throng of contestants, then it would all be over...

She did her best to return that grin through her treacherous thoughts. Her hands folded before her patiently, and in her sweetest voice, she asked, "Yes, what punishment do you give?" One could have easily mistaken her for one giving the punishment rather than receiving.

GM IC: MAEUS FO KURU - MEDICAL BAY

"Did you know that I could remove every single one of your lives in the Infinite System?" Maeus asked, calling the words out to Fishers innocently. "We could all watch you just.... die. Fall to the floor, dead in a heartbeat. Or perhaps you would be one of the more... gruesome ones. You never can quite tell with the Infinite System, you know. Such a shame, how unpredictable it is."

The Skakdi turned his attention back to Lady Dajik.

"Of course, I don't need to take all of your lives," he said quietly, the chilling smile still ever-present. "I could just... knock you all down to one. In this facility, everyone always believes that they are so... invincible. As if the Infinite System makes them impossible to touch. I daresay it would be a very interesting experiment, to see how fighters react when placed back on the mortal line. You would become enslaved to the tournament, I suppose... forced to participate in every single round or die; forced to follow the rules or die; do whatever you are told or die. Everything would become so simple."

GM IC: THE QUEEN - QUEEN'S OFFICE

The Queen sat down in one of the plush armchairs, pulling out the list of fighters for Kopen's army and handing it to the Matoran.

The Royal Blindside Army, Led by General Kopen

Stronghold: The Desert

General: Click - Kopen

Lieutenant: Xaeraz - Xaeraz

Lieutenant: Silvan Haven - Kale Ironshaper - [Peerless]

Xaeraz - Zephyr

Click - VirseMirrorArkraxThaeraSesdec - [The Polyhyrdra]

I Am Ultron Six - Jorth - [Ebon Flow], OlariTuyetkhamunTurbo Vixen

Construct - Yoko - [Sky Queen], MinamiHagah

VahkiDane - Omega - [Smasher], Gamma

ArcticFreeze - ProseMaglevAeolin

Zakaro - NisadufSevyn

fishers64 - Ancient DarknessKalatin

Nato - XaraDayethTerryMiril

Tiragath - TenjouMaccha YellowIzaragiBelitun

Emissary - Antiro Vod

(Daedalus) - Von Worten

Uncle Chael - DamakaVegetoa

Timageness - Ravyn

"You may need the help of someone else to make plans," she said. "Knowing the layout of the map shall be important. This is the list of fighters in your army - I made some modifications and made sure that both Xaeraz and Kale are among your ranks. You will need to select two lieutenants from the fighters, and shall begin within the desert region; your stronghold is the pyramid. Lord Halken shall be starting up on the cliff, and Noroi Shiru shall be in the jungle; that is all I can tell you about their armies. Do you have any questions?"

IC: Kopen - Queen's Office

Kopen carefully took the list, running her hand across its smooth surface. If there were words printed there, they were beyond her vision. But Xaeraz and Kale were there, and that was all that mattered. A grin crossed her face as she turned to face the Queen. "Thank you," she whispered. "I think... I would like them to be my lieutenants."

She had no idea how to lead an army, but at least she would have her few friends by her side. "Can I... show them this?" She held up the incomprehensible sheet.

IC: Lady Dajik - Med Bay

She maintained her grin and her posture, only the slightest shift giving away her thoughts. The idea was... disturbing, to say the least. She had already lost these precious lives. To have only one chance would mean she would have to be very, very careful. But what else was new? She had slipped in this apparent open tournament. Perhaps it was time to get back to her regimented routine under the Shadowed One. No more failure. No more obvious distractions. No more getting caught. If she were to remove a target, she would need to be very careful, especially here in this unfamiliar place. Everything seemed to be watched. She would have to find where it was not.

"Yes," she replied softly, "it would be."

"You may show the list to Kale," the Queen replied, "as I believe Xaeraz may be occupied with Dreisen for a little while. In fact, if you wish, I could summon him here so that you do not have to go to the trouble of finding him."

She paused before saying:

"Honestly, why the Host doesn't have more options for these available when one of our fighters is blind is ridiculous. I shall be having a few words with him about this later."

"That would be... great," she replied cautiously. She fidgeted nervously in the silence, running her hand over the page as if it would tell her something.

She suddenly jumped at the Queen's words, and gave a shy grin. "It's fine, I'll just... show it to Kale when he gets here." She had found ways before.

IC-Galaxia Eternis

"You're not getting away that easily!" Galaxia Eternis yelled at the Fleeing mech, after it's arm was recently severed. The Seraphiel Armour's Photon drives Started at full throttle, and she Launched herself at her retreating opponent, Thrusting her arm forward, Laser Blade activated, Right at the Opponent's back.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

IC(fishers): "Then do it," fishers said, staring him right in the face. "I'm sure the Host and Queen will have some choice words for the guy who killed a Matoran for knocking over a bed in self defense." The smile never left her face.  

IC(Kalatin): The gelatin waited to see what would happen. 

IC(A.D.): A.D. shuddered at the possibility that Maus fo Kuru mentioned. He wished he could shrink into the bed. No no no no. 

The Queen frowned as she failed to contact Kale.

"He must still be in the round," she muttered to herself. "Never mind then, Xaeraz it is."

Seconds later in the halls, Xaeraz would hear the Queen's voice as she asked him to return to her office.

"Oh, no, you are very mistaken," Maeus said to Fishers. "That whole 'take away all of your lives' thing would be so boring for me. But, if you insist, then I shall take away all of your lives except for one."

The Skakdi glanced around the room at the other fighters.

"Rest assured, I have not taken away your lives quite yet," he said, pulling out a tablet and showing the screen to them all, displaying their current lives counters. "As you can see, our dear Fishers hear now only has one life. And before you try to use this tablet to alter anything... it's strictly for display purposes."

He turned his attention to Fishers.

"How do you feel, my dear Matoran? Do you feel constricted or freed, now that you have only one life to spare?"

IC: Xaeraz laughed to himself as the Queen summoned him back to her office. He turned, roughly halfway back to Engineering, and quickly returned to the Queen's office. He paused outside the door, took a single deep breath to collect himself, and knocked on the door.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC(fishers): fishers just laughed at him. "I have more lives than you would ever dream of." The Matoran said. "Take that life away, and I'll respawn not too far from my village back in my home universe. I might even have enough time to finish bringing in the day's catch before the sun sets."

"Of course, that is, in and of itself, a punishment some other enemy gave me long ago. Because he could not find another way to punish me. Because I do not fear death."

IC: Feli Gemshimmer (Arena | Fighting Galaxia Eternis)

As she heard the enemy mecha approach her rapidly as expected, Feli made sure that there were several pieces of metal on the ground nearby and leaped to the side in order to avoid the foe's attack. She hoped that the enemy would land on one of these round pieces of metal that were covered in sand. The resulting explosion might be dangerous, but it would damage the enemy more than it would her own mecha.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

"Come in."

"Interesting," the Skakdi murmured, peering at Fishers curiously. "You are one of those fighters, I see. Very well - you shall remain here, then. You are now officially signed up for our latest clinical trial! As for the rest of you, I am docking you all two lives. You are all free to go, except for Fishers."

He paused, glancing over to Tomo.

"Ah, you need not worry, dear Tomo. You were not involved, and your lives shall remain the same. But you must leave with the others."

IC: Xaeraz stepped into the room, glancing at the Queen and Kopen both, obviously a little confused. He thought about making a jibe at the Queen's dismissal of him earlier, but decided to go for a safer joke, one less likely to get him penalized for smarminess.

"Did someone call for a plumber?" he quipped.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Her attention shifted from the page up to the opening door, and she managed a grin at Xaeraz as he walked in.

IC: Lady Dajik - Med Bay

She scrutinized the tablet, mentally recording the life counts it displayed. No information was too insignificant for her.

As Maeus made his announcement, the Lady Dajik gave a quick curtsy and a soft, "You are too kind," and then quickly stepped outside before the Skakdi could change his mind. As she passed the still unconscious form of Snarl, her grin turned to a wrathful grimace that disappeared before she left.

OOC: Dajik open to interaction

IC(A.D.): "Please no." the dragon said, a begging look on his face. "I'm an innocent victim." But he headed for the door all the same. He suspected that all of his pleading would fall on deaf ears.  

IC(Kalatin): Kalatin looked at the doctor with a furious look on his gelatinous features, wondering whether he could take him down in combat. But he suspected that if he tried, the doctor would just take away all of his lives and kill him. "You hurt her" he said, a tentacle pointing at fishers, "and I'll find a way to kill you, even if I have to get the Host and the Queen and the entire facility to do it."

"And you," he snapped at Tuyetkamn and Lady Dajik. "This isn't over. I expect you to stop treating everyone else like pawns in your quest for power. We are all stuck in this tournament together, and I won't tolerate those who take advantage of the helpless."

IC(fishers): "Interesting."

IC(fishers): fishers walked through the doorway with a spring in her step, mostly to keep out of the way of any weapons the Skakdi might decide to pull on her. 

IC(Kalatin): Seeing that the doctor wasn't paying attention, Kalatin bristled and pushed Tuyetkamn straight toward the door of the medbay. "Leave." he snapped. A couple of the medical staff tended to his minor injuries. 

IC(A.D.): The dragon left the med bay and stumbled into the hall. He headed - reluctantly - back to the Commercial Sector, and ordered himself a different meal and some water, from a different beverage stand. 

OOC: A.D. open for interaction. 

IC(Ismekne - Training Sector): Maccha's antics brought an involuntary smile to Ismekne's face. The Ga-Toa continued to observe the situation between the Rahkshi and Maccha, hoping for intelligence to use in future rounds. 

OOC: Open for interaction.

Kopen jumped up and walked over to Xaeraz's side, holding up the list as best as she could for him to take. "Looks like I'm general," she told him. "And I wanted you to be my lieutenant. Here's the list of fighters on our team."

IC: Lady Dajik - Lower Hallways

She pointedly ignored the pudding's comments as she continued down the hall. It didn't seem to realize she was as much a pawn as it was.

A short distance down the hallway, she stopped and leaned up against a wall. She needed to speak with that mummy.

• Upvote 1

IC: "Hmmm..." Xaeraz pondered as he looked over the list, murmuring names to himself. He glanced over at the chairs, then said, "Well, General, what say you we have a seat? You can tell me about where we're starting, then I'll see how we can translate that into something you can use, okay?"

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

After she had taken a seat, she nervously glanced at the Queen, then turned back to Xaeraz. "All I know is we're starting in a desert, with a pyramid as our 'Stronghold.' Some Lord guy is starting on a cliff, and... ah... Shiru is in a... Jungle." 

IC: Bajets (Commercial Sector, with Mirror)

"Odd. He normally shouts some challenge at it before going off to do that. I suppose perhaps he's learned to quell that somewhat."

She takes another bite of her pizza and chews it contemplatively, before turning back to Mirror with another questioning look.

"So, where and when did my brother happen to pick you up, and has he yet given you the typical 'believe in yourself, and you can do great things' speech?"

IC: Zakaro (His Room, with Olari)

He nods, seemingly unaware of his position. 

"Yeah. It's why I was really happy to be a Toa at first, but then Turaga Nofun, well it's Nuferix but I like my name better, told me that nah, I had to stay home and not go out into the world cause stuff. Something about the rest of the world being in chaos or something. I didn't pay attention, all that mattered was that I couldn't go questing to do all that cool stuff and help people too."

The Earth Toa lets out another yawn and his eyes droop ever more, his words coming slower and slower as he fades into sleep.

"Always wanted to be a Toa... help people... yeah... it's not a dream quest... it's a dream to quest..." 

And Zakaro passed out, flat on the ground.

• Upvote 1

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: Mirror - Commercial Sector

Mirror sighed and regretfully put his pizza down. Maybe it would be best to not speak with his mouth full. "I... ah... I fought on his team... a few rounds back. Then we got wrapped up in this... tunnel business..." He looked back down at his half-eaten slice, not willing to say more about that.

"I... I don't think he said anything like that though," he added.

IC-Galaxia Eternis

As she unfortunately missed her target, Galaxia Eternis flipped around, almost falling on the Rounded metal pieces, which she assumed were mines. Almost losing her balance, She turned around in one, sharp movement, and blasted twin beams of light at the opponent's chest. This charade had gone on for far too long...

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

IC: Feli Gemshimmer (Arena | Fighting Galaxia Eternis)

Feli barely had enough time to let out a curse before the enemy blasted the Wraithknight with pure beams of light. She screamed in pain when her right shoulder was burned by light that had penetrated the mecha's armour. The mecha itself turned limp and collapsed on the ground, a grey pillar of smoke crawling upwards from its chest and its limbs twitching occasionally. The fallen knight didn't teleport away yet, so the pilot was probably still alive in the ruined cockpit.

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: "Great!" Venix chirped, clapping her hands together. she strolled over to a nearby ring and clambered into it, gesturing for Kat to follow her. The shotguns were removed from their holsters and Venix leaned them up in a corner before returning to the center of the ring.

IC: Xaeraz looked at the map, thinking to himself and quietly tracing the outlines with one of his fingers. Then he turned to Kopen and said, "May I hold your hand? I have an idea, but I need to guide your hand for it to work, and I don't want to make you uncomfortable by just taking it without asking first."

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Sudrec

"... Yeah." There might be some people hiding in the houses, but..."

Sudrec looked around in his mech.

"Should we move on from here?"

IC: Eryard

So that forcefield giant had decided to retreat.

No skin off my back.

I set the Thornatus along a comfortable pace, taking it for a joyride more than anything else.

IC: Yoko

Yoko snuck from house to house, alley to alley, trying not to get spotted by any opponent's in bigger machines.

IC: "I want to work on sword catching," Venix replied with a shrug. "My inability to stop that toa from getting me last round is why Xara killed me, so I thought I'd take precautions against a similar fate in future rounds. Makes sense, doesn't it?"

IC: Xae gently patted Kopen's hand, then took it in one of his and moved her index finger into a pointing motion. With the utmost care, he placed her finger on the edge of the map, where the desert met the cove, and traced along it.

"This is our territory, the Desert," he said, as he traced it out with Kopen's finger. "And this is the Cove. Here's the water." Her finger slid around the waves. "And the clif itself." More tracing, of a stony outcrop. She would feel her hand being lifted and then moving again as Xaeraz traced the Jungle outline, informing her as such.

"Does that help?"

IC: "I could create a loud noise to draw other mechs to us," Riss offered. "I mean, it might hurt your ears a bit, but it's an option. Or we could move North! I think I hear a fight or two up that way maybe?"

Edited by Decapixaetion

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: "I'd say go north. My mech doesn't really have much in the way of ambush utilities, and I really don't want to use my mohtrek here. It'd be too easy to get retroactively squashed!"

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC Tirkah:

He blinked twice.

"Oh.... You're one of them hunter types, yeah?"

IC: Falcon - Training Sector.

"Yes?" I wasn't sure that this guy's definition of hunter was the same as mine. 

GM IC: DREISEN - ENGINEERING

Dreisen glanced up at Terry from where he was seated at his desk, rolling his eyes as he sighed.

"I suppose so," he said. "Did you perhaps actually design a mech that can win this time?"

IC: Terry Terrix - Engineering Sector.

"Yeah...." he grinned sheepishly, "....my original design was kinda dumb." 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

She let Xaeraz guide her hand across the page and tried to imagine the map in her mind as her finger traced the edges. She was sure her mental image wasn't perfect, but it would be enough for now.

"Yeah, thanks," she said quietly as she pulled her hand back.