Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

One thing about being a closet brony: You have to dumb down your knowledge of MLP when it comes up in a subject. For instance, I was at a friend's house yesterday, and his little sister likes MLP after which my mom brought of this video some guy did for college about the physics of MLP (I'd link you to it if I could find it on Vimeo.) It took a lot of willpower not to go off about how if the physics were real, either RD would've been destroyed, or wouldn't have been able to save Rarity, how Flutershy should've been able to fly without those butterflies if he wings didn't lock up when she was nervous, how AJ being really tired may have effected her landing, and therefor the angle RD was launched at, but I just held my tongue, doing things such as referring to Fluttershy as "the yellow pegasis," and agreeing that AJ, RD, and those butterflies are made out of Dark Matter (though I admit, an MLP crossover with Kirby: Back at Ya! would be awesome if the latter series was still running.) That, and his sister had a lot of the little figures, including at least one Rarity, and I had to resist the urge to play with them. :P*sigh* I may have ended up telling them if that didn't involve both my mother, but also some of our friends finding out. I don't know how long I can keep this up, though at least I'm homeschooled should it ever come out.

rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

I can be thankful that a couple of my friends are bronies too, so the rest of them who don't like the show can at least accept it's more than just me into it. I didn't really want my parents to find out, but they did accidentally, twice, once per parent which made things very awkward. They still don't entirely understand.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

I think there's a site that sells baseball caps. Otherwise they're probably fanmade.I kinda want one of those...

These are full on hats. With wings. And Cutie Marks.I'm fairly envious.
If they have a Rarity one with a horn I'd want it.Screw it, I want one of those hats. No, I need it.Thing is, I don't know any bronies IRL, and the only people who know are my brother and sister (the former is cool enough not to tell my parents, and the latter doesn't really care.) If I knew people who were bronies then maybe my parents wouldn't care, but ATM I don't, so I don't want to tell them.
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

My dad just found out. He doesn't really care because it drives me to CREATE.And he likes that.He thinks it's weird, but he tolerates it anyway… Because he's awesome like that.(That, and I have Aspergers', so he's used to me loving obscure, weird things… :P)

MY ENTIRE FAMILY KNOWSand they all think im well.. you know...and It always comes up as a talk topic during family conventions.. Its really embarrassing.

Limbo is switching servers! Please calm you Lava producing farms... Christ.

"This will be my finest hour!" - Fulgrim The Phoenician

"There is a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life" - Leonard Church

"Pinkie Pie Style" - Pinkie Pie

"Oh I know what the Ladies like" - Sgt. Avery Johnson

"I'm A madman with a box! Without a box!" - The Doctor

I can definitely relate to the "dumming down" thing. Once, the daughter of the family I work for started explaining the show to me. While this normally would have been cute and funny, the problem was that she got everything wrong about MLP. (She thought that Rainbow Dash was male. MALE!!!)It didn't help that her brother, who is also a brony, was laughing his head off in the back seat. Nice support there, friend. <_<

Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

My mom, dad, brother, and both sisters know. Parents and brother like the show, sisters are somewhere around confused.One friend knows a little. He's seen clips, but I don't think he realizes it's My Little Pony. Another friend somewhat likes the show.I was drawing a picture unrelated to MLP and a different friend was jokingly asking if it was a pony (he doesn't know I watch the show, he's just goofy like that). I was so tempted to say "No. This is a pony" and start to draw one, but I resisted.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

Not a lot of offline people know I'm a brony, mostly just my mother and a few of my friends. They're all fine with it.My mother's response was a surprised "You like My Little Pony?? *Pinkie gasp*", but that was because she knew I was never into the older generations.So I told her that this current generation was....different.She's pretty accepting about it.Yeah....and then she heard my phone's wake up function, which is the FIM theme.She laughed in a good way. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.pngEarlier this week, I played Fluttershy's version of "Evil Enchantress".She really liked Flutterguy's voice. :P------------------side note: I do wear my Nightmare Moon tee out in public without remorse. :P

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

One thing about being a closet brony: You have to dumb down your knowledge of MLP when it comes up in a subject.

I used to do the same thing with Bionicle......I mean, uh, Bionicles!My brother doesn't really know I'm a fan of MLP, but I've watched a few episodes in his presence. He thinks I'm just doing it to troll him.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

I don't have any brony friends irl. I tried introducing my friend with the sonic rainboom episode. He liked Fluttershy, but couldn't sit past the theme song. He's cool with it, though. My parents know, and my dad mainly has a problem with it. But who cares what he thinks? Love and tolerance.Hey, does anypony know if Targets, Wal-Marts, or malls in Florida sell Fluttershy dolls? Preferable one small enough to slip into my pocket immediately after buying, so my parents will never know I bought it?

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I don't hide it. I don't really flaunt it, but I don't pretend I don't know about it or like itFor instance, the Pinkie Pie cutout on my bulletin board is balanced out by the Space Core and Simon's Cat cutouts I stuck on the door. And probably the giant glowing Daft Punk poster.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Thank goodness I'm homeschooled because I have a hard enough time keeping my bronyism out of disscussions. I had a close call of being exposed of my bronyism thankfully my friend heard pony and bravely stated MLP is a pimp, glad to know one of my freinds is a brony.

I'm just ToaD

To be honest only one friend I have at school is a brony he does seem interested in the show. He also says even if you don't watch the show you'll all the ponies' names. My family doesn't know either my brother maybe one but I don't know. I find it best to not bring up ponies. Two I know about ponies.Rule 1: Don't about my little pony friendship is magic in real lifeRule 2: Rainbow dash will be shipped with everypony.

Edited by muharax makuta of insanity

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

Rainbow Dash always ships in style.Anyway, new episode Saturday! Yay!

Edited by Valenti

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Well, when I admitted I was a brony to my class, I found out that one of my classmates was also a brony too. We eventually "converted" my two other classmates. Then my cousins, eventually, some neighbors and my brother.Sooo...9 Brony friends! /)^3^(

-- THAT GELBOY IS A SPY (formerly Toa Gelboy who was formerly BionicleBoy67534 who was formerly gelboy)

500_by_gelboyc-d4zl8si.png

Mom: Hey kids what are you doing?Me and my sisters(older and young sis): Watching My Little PonyMom:...okay.Me: Your kids are strange just get used to itMom: Thats why I love you

Well, when I admitted I was a brony to my class, I found out that one of my classmates was also a brony too. We eventually "converted" my two other classmates. Then my cousins, eventually, some neighbors and my brother. Sooo... 9 Brony friends! /)^3^(

My sis and her friend are bronies, made me one, I made my friend one, and another one a brony. To hard to resist ponies, and aperrently lots of people I know like MLP FiM

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

I think there's a site that sells baseball caps. Otherwise they're probably fanmade.I kinda want one of those...

These are full on hats. With wings. And Cutie Marks.I'm fairly envious.
If they have a Rarity one with a horn I'd want it.
They do. I was...intrigued. It had eyes too. And the mane.

MY ENTIRE FAMILY KNOWSand they all think im well.. you know...

Same here. I got "the talk". (Not a bad thing, mind you. They weren't that far off.) Edited by The Wretched Automaton

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

I have one friend who's a brony, and I don't even count him as a friend, more of an acquaintance. So, I consider myself a bit of a closet brony. I don't really talk about the show with anyone, and my family kinda gets I am one, but they don't know that I'm really into it, so it's not really awkward. I've thought about coming out in the open about it, but given the fact that most people freak out when someone says they're a brony, I'm not going to risk it.Anyway, that topic aside... there was a fanfic that I read last night called 'Night Guards'. It's all about Luna becoming Night Mare Moon, her brief reign and then downfall, and deals mostly with the two bat-winged guards pulling Luna's carriage in Luna Eclipsed. It's really well done.

*Insert some sort of banner or photograph here*

Spitfire is the best Wonderbolt.

Yes, and Soarin's the worst.
You take that back! Soarin is totally awesome! D= (He's got more character depth than Rainbow Dash at least. XP)-cough- Anyway...Dear Princess Celestia, I really don't care about who knows I'm a brony. O.o The fact that somepony else judges your entire character soley on the fact that you partake in viewing an animated story about ponies is silly and childish. It's impara... para... important to look beyond such outward appearances and see what a pony is truly like. Your faithful student,Twilight Sparkle A random brony Edited by Tekulo: Toa of Gales

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

Does anyone here have a particular favorite writer for the show? The list I'm looking at credits Meghan McCarthy forDragonshyCall of the Cutie (meh)Green Isn't Your ColorParty of OneLesson Zero&Sweet and EliteAnd all (but Call of the Cutie) are some of my favorites.Amy Keating Rogers, too, is responsible forThe Ticket MasterApplebuck SeasonBridle GossipA Dog and Pony ShowThe Best Night Ever&The Cutie Pox

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Well, when I admitted I was a brony to my class, I found out that one of my classmates was also a brony too. We eventually "converted" my two other classmates. Then my cousins, eventually, some neighbors and my brother.Sooo...9 Brony friends! /)^3^(

You. Are amazing.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

Does anyone here have a particular favorite writer for the show? The list I'm looking at credits Meghan McCarthy forDragonshyCall of the Cutie (meh)Green Isn't Your ColorParty of OneLesson Zero&Sweet and EliteAnd all (but Call of the Cutie) are some of my favorites.Amy Keating Rogers, too, is responsible forThe Ticket MasterApplebuck SeasonBridle GossipA Dog and Pony ShowThe Best Night Ever&The Cutie Pox

Definitely Meghan for Party of One and Lesson Zero.
19704_s.gif