Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

Derpy appeared in the opening. Now expect to see NO discussion of the rest of the episode, and only people talking about that one scene. =PAll in all, that was genuinely amazing. The conversation at the end was so heartwarming, followed by the hilarious final scenes with Rarity and Pinkie. I can't help but feel the producers left themselves wide open to YTPers with the "kumquat" scene, though.This is now one of my top ten episodes of all time. If my parents demand I explain to them why I watch such strange things, this will be their first episode.

Edited by The Wretched Automaton

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

I love love loved The Last Roundup!

SHE SPEAKS!!!!D'awww, crying Big Mac. It's okay sugarcube, real men do cry. ;)The factory scene was fun. Go Fluttershy!Boy howdy, that chase scene was awesome and hilarious!The ending was D'awwwww. :3

Also, for a moment there, I thought that Dashie would get hurt by the train, seeing as an upcoming episode deals with an injured Dashie.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

That was a great episode. The moral was good, Pinkie was hilarious (Pickle-barrel kumquat!), and the Lucy reference was great. Oh, and Derpy got a speaking role. My life is complete.

And Episode 18 info;

Episode Title: A Friend in Deed Air Date: February 18, 2012Summary: Pinkie Pie tries to turn Cranky Doodle Donkey, the only creature to refuse her friendship.

OH MY GOD BEST EPISODE EVER.The story was great, the moral was good, and the comedy was AWESOME (Lucy, Pinkie talking, Pinkie promise, etc). It was an episode so amazing it moved Big Mac and Rainbow Dash to tears.Oh yeah, and DERPY!!!! Seriously, how awesome is it that a background character that the fandom adopts becomes a full-on character?!

Edited by lavaside rahi

If you want to see what became of me... I became a brony fan fiction writer.

Woke up at Eight to catch the new episode, and I'm fairly pleased with it. I loved the Derpy scene, and Pinkie's rambling throughout the episode. :PI didn't think Applejack would be the kind to keep such a secret, but apparently she is.I didn't catch the I Love Lucy reference, though... Anyway, all in all, an awesome episode.

-Skar

The conveyor belt moving so fast Pinkie had to eat the cherries is a play on a classic scene from I Love Lucy, where Lucy and Ethel are working in sweet factory, and have to start stuffing the sweets everywhere to keep up.

I'm just glad it wasn't a complete rip off of that scene, like one episode of Kenan and Kel (I dunno, I only saw it a few years ago and I wasn't even watching the tv. It was just on. I assume that was the show). It was subtle in today's episode, yet clearly a tip of the hat.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Derpy was awesome, if a bit deep-voiced. I prefer the higher pitch that someone else did.Pinkie was also amazing.And I Love Lucy reference lol.Besides that, I say the episode was average. But those things make it good.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Chimicherry, Cherrychanga, Chimicherry, Cherrychanga, Chimicherry, Cherrychanga, Chimicherry, Cherrychanga...

I loved Pinkie Pie in this episode. Really, every pony save for Rarity and Twilight had great moments. And Derpy was amazing. I guessed the moral about five minutes in, though Jubilee saying she won a lot of ribbons threw me off a little. Slightly predictable, but the whole episode was too good for me to care.

AXKP5KC.png

Whelp. My headcannon for a certain character's voice just flew out the window. I think I like the official one though. It was unexpected, but fits the character pretty well.

zolfbanner.jpg

So take my hand, Now you'll never be lonely, Not when I'm home, sweet home

I see your star, you left it burning for me

Mother, I'm here

Seems that Derpy is voiced by Tabitha St. Germain. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png

Tabitha is amazing. I mean, 3 ponies on one show (and a talking dog on another) that barely sound like they could be voiced by the same person but they are.
Wait, who's the second one?
Rarity, Luna, Granny Smith and Derpy etc. :3 Edited by Valenti

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Seems that Derpy is voiced by Tabitha St. Germain. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png

Tabitha is amazing. I mean, 3 ponies on one show (and a talking dog on another) that barely sound like they could be voiced by the same person but they are.
Rarity, Luna, Granny Smith and Derpy etc. :3
Whoops forgot Granny Smith.Makes my argument stronger, though. :P
19704_s.gif

I almost had a heart attack when i heard RD said 'careful Derpy'! :P I had to rewind it just to make sure I wasn't hearing things.All in I have to say this is now one of my favorite episodes.Also, I'm never breaking a Pinkie Pie Promise, cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!:P

Confound these showmakers, they ruin my fanfic ideas twice in a row. :(

SHE SPEAKS! I loved the opening for this one! Derpy's been my favorite character for a long time now, and it was great to see her have the spotlight for a moment. :biggrin:I kind of think I love her... o.O Her personality anyway.

Edited by Toa Korkoa: Toa of plasma

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

Dang... she's quite the voice actress.-Skar

Dang... she's quite the voice actress.-Skar
Tabitha St. German is now my favourite voice actor. Sorry, Tara Strong, but Derpy just killed me and gave me a new life.

Oh my, I think they've outdone themselves with this one. The jokes and character moments more than made up for the somewhat predictable plot, especially the squee-worthy I Love Lucy reference and Pinkie's nonsensical monologue. And of course, the obligatory amount of praise for Derpy's first full appearance. Although, she shows up so much in the fandom that I pretty much forgot that she was not a major character. :P

Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

Wow. Not only those 3 ponies, but I was looking up her voice work, and apparently she's voiced several different ponies in the G3 series as well, along with maybe a couple in G2. Plus, even if she does voice Granny Smith, that's not as weird as Tara Strong voicing Twilight and Doc Ock 2099 (even if she is a versatile voice actor.)

So, RD gets hurt in the next episode right? Any speculation on to how this happens? (possibly getting hurt while trying to rebuild city hall with Derpy. :P)

rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

This episode was amazing. XD PinkiePie's finest, I'd say (or at least one of her finest). My gosh, I never want to break a PinkiePromise... Although, I'm still not sure why she just jumped off of the wagon and into Rarity (even though that scene was just gut-bursting XDD).

I think that scene implied that Pinkie Pie lost all interest in pursuing Applejack once she clarified that she had not broken a Pinkie Pie promise. Or, as Twi would say, it's just Pinkie being Pinkie.

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

torture by pinkie pie?

no pony breaks a pinkie pie promise. NO PONY.devil faced pinkie pie? evil...stage coach chase scene. classic.

sorry, apple jack, but YOU FAILED.

fluttershy with a heartfull speech. daaaaawwwwww.rainbow dash sappy? end of the world, they say.the ending was apsolute comdey.

Edited by Elder_Hau_of_Fire

What do you get when you multiply 6 times 9?

The recent episode you'll see:-Derpy Talking-Big Mac Crying (He is a softy, so am I)-Why we don't break a Pinkie Promise-More Pinkie Epicness-Why we dislike the Mayor-Why Derpy should be a mane character(Still clueless on the element of harmony she represents(if she gets one(if she becomes a mane pony)))-Why this show is awesome-And why do I say why so many times here?

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

I'd pay fifty bucks to see someone go up to Tabitha St. Germain and say "talk Derpy to me, baby" :P

Big Mac crying dawww...And Pinkie faces! I think my favourite was when she had the face full of cherries.I also notice that there were several shots taken almost directly from Lauren's original sketches from the pitch bible (Pinkie was originally going to be a pegasus named Surprise, who would jump out of random places and throw parties on the spot. One of the sketches shows her startling what looks like an early version of Fluttershy.)But... why did they leave Rarity and Pinkie out in the desert all by themselves? That's horrible! You'd they'd at least try and find them before they went home...

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231